Boxing Thread

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez knocked Rocky Fielding down four times in an emphatic third-round stoppage win in New York.

Mexican Alvarez was heavy favourite and brutal left hands to the body dropped the Briton in rounds one and two, all but ending hope of an unlikely upset.

A stinging right to the jaw again downed Fielding in round three, before another left connected with the body, prompting the bout to be waved off.

Alvarez now holds a minor version of the WBA world super-middleweight title.

Despite the status of the WBA's 'regular' title compared to the 'super' title Britain's Callum Smith holds in the same division, Alvarez can now boast being a world champion in three weight divisions.

The 28-year-old still holds the WBC and WBA titles at middleweight - a division lower - and his move up 8lb only ever looked like ending in victory as he broke Fielding's resolve early on with a savage display of body punching.

"Fortunately for me he came to attack," said Alvarez. "That was the error he made and I did my thing in there."

With the likes of Hollywood actor Bruce Willis, tennis legend John McEnroe and British world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua ringside at Madison Square Garden, Alvarez quickly showed his intent by walking Fielding down to whip a left to the body which crumpled the 31-year-old Liverpudlian.

Despite boasting about six inches in height advantage, Fielding at no point established range, allowing the onslaught to continue into round two when he again got back to his feet from an almost identical body shot.

He fought back with combinations of his own in pockets but the shots carried minimal power with the fight being played out at Alvarez's range, ensuring he smothered and soaked up anything that came back his way.

After a right which swept across Fielding's jaw to down him in three, the Briton was warned "one more" would bring an end to things by the official and it duly arrived, again a left to the body.

"I stood there too long, thought I could mix it with him and shouldn't have," Fielding said. " With my height, I should have kept the fight long, at distance. The better man won."

Unified heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua: "Big respect to Fielding. What did he have to lose? A loss isn't a loss if you build from it and I'm sure he will build from it for sure."

British lightweight Tommy Coyle: "Canelo is a special fighter. I'm proud of Rocky tonight. Every time he got hurt and put down he got up and got braver. Well done mate. Not many can say they headlined at MSG."

British trainer Dave Coldwell: "Rocky went out on his shield. Can't ask more of a man than to try his best when fighting above his levels. Canelo is some fighter."

British super-middleweight Chris Eubank Jr: "Never seen someone look so happy to lose their world title."

Former two-weight world champion Carl Frampton: "He fought the absolute elite. The biggest star in boxing, and he was brave. Head high Rocky Fielding."

Fielding's corner complained in the changing room of Alvarez prior to the bout, accusing the challenger's corner of 'stacking' his hand wraps.

But after walking out in front of a crowd packed with Mexican support, Alvarez appeared unflustered and showed he was a cut above, extending his record to 51 wins and two draws, with his solitary defeat coming against Floyd Mayweather in 2013.

This was the first bout of a £278m, 11-fight, five-year deal which has made Alvarez the sport's highest-paid fighter and no-one in attendance could doubt his talent, as he cleverly closed space and made punch after punch land with ferocity.

He had spoken prior to the fight of joining a handful of boxers from his homeland to reign in three weight-divisions, but is widely expected to drop back down to middleweight, with fans calling for a third contest against Gennady Golovkin.

Afterwards, Alvarez said he thought their rivalry "ended" with his win in September following a draw in 2017. But he vowed to give fans the fights they wanted and unification bouts to add further belts look a certainty.

IBF world middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs was ringside and said a unification bout was "a possibility" in 2019.

Whatever his next move, Alvarez has bounced back from the sixth-month ban which followed two failed doping tests earlier this year and his momentum appears increasingly hard to stop.

Fielding cut a nervous figure on his ringwalk and the stunned reaction when the bout was made pointed to the huge step up in level he faced, despite holding the WBA title.

He has upset the odds before, winning a Prizefighter tournament having entered at five days' notice in 2011 before claiming his world title in accepting a bout at five weeks' notice to beat Germany's Tyron Zeuge in July.

But much like when he suffered his only other defeat to date to Smith inside one round in 2015, Fielding was drawn into a shootout against Alvarez when spoiling the contest and halting his rival's momentum may have been wise.

Trainer Jamie Moore told Fielding he was "holding his feet" after round one and tried to rally his fighter by stating Canelo had "emptied his tank" by attacking at pace in the second.

But the new champion had plenty left and Fielding, who will spend Christmas in America, must now plot his next move.

An all-Liverpool rematch with Smith may be brought up but after coming up well short at the highest level, an opponent of lesser quality will surely be sought for his return in 2019.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/46582366

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez knocked Rocky Fielding down four times in an emphatic third-round stoppage win in New York.

Mexican Alvarez was heavy favourite and brutal left hands to the body dropped the Briton in rounds one and two, all but ending hope of an unlikely upset.

A stinging right to the jaw again downed Fielding in round three, before another left connected with the body, prompting the bout to be waved off.

Alvarez now holds a minor version of the WBA world super-middleweight title.

Despite the status of the WBA's 'regular' title compared to the 'super' title Britain's Callum Smith holds in the same division, Alvarez can now boast being a world champion in three weight divisions.

The 28-year-old still holds the WBC and WBA titles at middleweight - a division lower - and his move up 8lb only ever looked like ending in victory as he broke Fielding's resolve early on with a savage display of body punching.

"Fortunately for me he came to attack," said Alvarez. "That was the error he made and I did my thing in there."

With the likes of Hollywood actor Bruce Willis, tennis legend John McEnroe and British world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua ringside at Madison Square Garden, Alvarez quickly showed his intent by walking Fielding down to whip a left to the body which crumpled the 31-year-old Liverpudlian.

Despite boasting about six inches in height advantage, Fielding at no point established range, allowing the onslaught to continue into round two when he again got back to his feet from an almost identical body shot.

He fought back with combinations of his own in pockets but the shots carried minimal power with the fight being played out at Alvarez's range, ensuring he smothered and soaked up anything that came back his way.

After a right which swept across Fielding's jaw to down him in three, the Briton was warned "one more" would bring an end to things by the official and it duly arrived, again a left to the body.

"I stood there too long, thought I could mix it with him and shouldn't have," Fielding said. " With my height, I should have kept the fight long, at distance. The better man won."

Unified heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua: "Big respect to Fielding. What did he have to lose? A loss isn't a loss if you build from it and I'm sure he will build from it for sure."

British lightweight Tommy Coyle: "Canelo is a special fighter. I'm proud of Rocky tonight. Every time he got hurt and put down he got up and got braver. Well done mate. Not many can say they headlined at MSG."

British trainer Dave Coldwell: "Rocky went out on his shield. Can't ask more of a man than to try his best when fighting above his levels. Canelo is some fighter."

British super-middleweight Chris Eubank Jr: "Never seen someone look so happy to lose their world title."

Former two-weight world champion Carl Frampton: "He fought the absolute elite. The biggest star in boxing, and he was brave. Head high Rocky Fielding."

Fielding's corner complained in the changing room of Alvarez prior to the bout, accusing the challenger's corner of 'stacking' his hand wraps.

But after walking out in front of a crowd packed with Mexican support, Alvarez appeared unflustered and showed he was a cut above, extending his record to 51 wins and two draws, with his solitary defeat coming against Floyd Mayweather in 2013.

This was the first bout of a £278m, 11-fight, five-year deal which has made Alvarez the sport's highest-paid fighter and no-one in attendance could doubt his talent, as he cleverly closed space and made punch after punch land with ferocity.

He had spoken prior to the fight of joining a handful of boxers from his homeland to reign in three weight-divisions, but is widely expected to drop back down to middleweight, with fans calling for a third contest against Gennady Golovkin.

Afterwards, Alvarez said he thought their rivalry "ended" with his win in September following a draw in 2017. But he vowed to give fans the fights they wanted and unification bouts to add further belts look a certainty.

IBF world middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs was ringside and said a unification bout was "a possibility" in 2019.

Whatever his next move, Alvarez has bounced back from the sixth-month ban which followed two failed doping tests earlier this year and his momentum appears increasingly hard to stop.

Fielding cut a nervous figure on his ringwalk and the stunned reaction when the bout was made pointed to the huge step up in level he faced, despite holding the WBA title.

He has upset the odds before, winning a Prizefighter tournament having entered at five days' notice in 2011 before claiming his world title in accepting a bout at five weeks' notice to beat Germany's Tyron Zeuge in July.

But much like when he suffered his only other defeat to date to Smith inside one round in 2015, Fielding was drawn into a shootout against Alvarez when spoiling the contest and halting his rival's momentum may have been wise.

Trainer Jamie Moore told Fielding he was "holding his feet" after round one and tried to rally his fighter by stating Canelo had "emptied his tank" by attacking at pace in the second.

But the new champion had plenty left and Fielding, who will spend Christmas in America, must now plot his next move.

An all-Liverpool rematch with Smith may be brought up but after coming up well short at the highest level, an opponent of lesser quality will surely be sought for his return in 2019.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/46582366

Rocky is a big unit yet Canelo moving up a division put him away with ease within 3, Amir was moving up 2 divisions and was outweighed on the night by 30 lb but did 6 rounds with a modern great, took some big shots during those 6 rounds and absorbed similar body shots but then was put away with a looping monster of a right hand; but was up on most cards ring side and gave a great account. Just goes to show you how special he is and didn't deserve the criticism for the loss. everyone is like good effort Rocky lad though :irfan [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]E

Rocky is a big unit yet Canelo moving up a division put him away with ease within 3, Amir was moving up 2 divisions and was outweighed on the night by 30 lb but did 6 rounds with a modern great, took some big shots during those 6 rounds and absorbed similar body shots but then was put away with a looping monster of a right hand; but was up on most cards ring side and gave a great account. Just goes to show you how special he is and didn't deserve the criticism for the loss. everyone is like good effort Rocky lad though :irfan [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]E

I haven't watched the fight yet but Canelo is a freak. He's only 28 with 51 wins! He needs to fight the best out there now, sure he has a big 5 year deal but I hope this doesn#t mean he will take any fight.

I have never seen anyone make a comeback like Fury after all the issues he had, its the greatest ever in my view and he wasn't even 100%. On the conditioning especially there is room for improvement, look at him vs Wlad lower body fat and able to be a lot more fluid and evasive. But will Wilder give him a rematch or go for AJ is the question....

On Kell Yeh he was protected for too long... It's been a waste of a career... Moving up to fight GGG was a bad choice... Had he fought Spence first the outcome may have been different... And even if he had lost be would be a live dog at 147 still...

I don't remember anyone thinking Alexander would beat Khan tbh...his hype came after that Urango KO... But that hype pretty much dissipated...

Shawn porter has done much more than Khan at this weight ... Also beaten Paulie and Alexander... And has actually beaten Garcia too...and had a very close fight with Thurman... And he's fought Kell too... Noone would call him a HOFer...

As for Fury... Getting up from that shot was the boxing moment of the year...

On Canelo... He should get no credit for yesterday... He went up in weight... And ensured a bum in Fielding actually had fo adhere to a rehydration clause... Disgraceful frankly that even a can couldn't be fought fairly...

On Kell Yeh he was protected for too long... It's been a waste of a career... Moving up to fight GGG was a bad choice... Had he fought Spence first the outcome may have been different... And even if he had lost be would be a live dog at 147 still...

I don't remember anyone thinking Alexander would beat Khan tbh...his hype came after that Urango KO... But that hype pretty much dissipated...

Shawn porter has done much more than Khan at this weight ... Also beaten Paulie and Alexander... And has actually beaten Garcia too...and had a very close fight with Thurman... And he's fought Kell too... Noone would call him a HOFer...

On Canelo... He should get no credit for yesterday... He went up in weight... And ensured a bum in Fielding actually had fo adhere to a rehydration clause... Disgraceful frankly that even a can couldn't be fought fairly...

Brook was probably one of the best young talents British boxing has seen in a long time yet the almost two year debacle of the Alexander fight really punished him psychologically and physically. By the time he finally faced Porter for a belt, he got a good win against a very limited opponent but his peak had come and gone. Time spent away from the best opponents impeded on his development and the stupid decision to face GGG ended what was left of him.

Khan's run at 140 is one of the very best this century in the division, second only possibly to Tszyu and Judah. Khan was very good at times at the weight, so much so that Bradley openly worried about losing to him and ducked him. Let's not forget how good he once was.

I didn't know about Fielding's rehydration clause...thats a terrible look considering Canelo was already the far superior fighter in there. It's another poor choice for a guy who most felt lost to GGG and mant felt lost 2 or 3 other fights...while making his own weight division. I like him, he comes to fight but the circus surrounding him is worse than Mayweather.

Wouldn't say he is HOF for sure but an argument can be also from the action POV, never in a dull battle gatti got in to and Ward will as well one day, the resume is worthy of it looking at both weights but on my end he would need perhaps 1-2 more top level wins. Kell may have been protected but in the end it comes down to the fighter as well and what he wants so he deserves blame for lack of ambition.

The odds had Amir as a small favourite, I just read a sky article who offered the same price on both Amir and Alexander winning on points, also a new documentary looked into the build to this fight and it was highly anticipated bout at 147 with a lot at stake for both guys at the time and Alexander was given immense respect as a 2 weight world champion also consistently ranked in top 10 of ring magazine, he was expected to cause problems as a technician, no one predicted such a dominant display from Khan.

I wouldn't say it is disgraceful because if that had been an IBF world title fight Rocky would have to abide by the same 10lb rehydration limit, plus Canelo was moving up. In the end Rocky also signed for the agreement so not much we can say. The rehydration limit is good for the sport, we have weight classes for a reason in the end.

Brook was probably one of the best young talents British boxing has seen in a long time yet the almost two year debacle of the Alexander fight really punished him psychologically and physically. By the time he finally faced Porter for a belt, he got a good win against a very limited opponent but his peak had come and gone. Time spent away from the best opponents impeded on his development and the stupid decision to face GGG ended what was left of him.

Khan's run at 140 is one of the very best this century in the division, second only possibly to Tszyu and Judah. Khan was very good at times at the weight, so much so that Bradley openly worried about losing to him and ducked him. Let's not forget how good he once was.

I didn't know about Fielding's rehydration clause...thats a terrible look considering Canelo was already the far superior fighter in there. It's another poor choice for a guy who most felt lost to GGG and mant felt lost 2 or 3 other fights...while making his own weight division. I like him, he comes to fight but the circus surrounding him is worse than Mayweather.

If that was a IBF title fight at 168 that rehydration limit would be in place anyway, also they weigh you in the morning so you still have 12 hours to put on weight before the fight itself so it's not like you have to be 178 before the bell rings. We have weight classes for a reason, I would impliment the IBF second day weigh in across the divisions to stop weight bullying. Back in the day you always had weigh ins on fight day.

When Amir fought Canelo there was no rehydration clause and he was moving up 2 divisions, now that was so dangerous something could have gone wrong.

I haven't watched the fight yet but Canelo is a freak. He's only 28 with 51 wins! He needs to fight the best out there now, sure he has a big 5 year deal but I hope this doesn#t mean he will take any fight.

Canelo is up there with Morales, Marquez and Barrera as a Mexican great in the modern era already and he's only 28 which is so scary. He may just surpass those fellas and by far has one of best cases for P4P no.1 just going by his resume, fighting all those world class fighters when he is just starting to peak now. People have their view on some of his fights which were close but no one has ever dominated him besides Floyd.

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] Brook isn't a shell just yet there is life in him he can still compete at the world level, people always are too harsh based on fights which are designed to shake off ring rust. He put in a similar shift vs Carson Jones but turned it on after that, people overly judged Fury to based on his 2 comeback fights.

What a disgrace, Fury wasn't nominated for SPOTY and lost best sporting moment to England Netball :)))

Canelo is up there with Morales, Marquez and Barrera as a Mexican great in the modern era already and he's only 28 which is so scary. He may just surpass those fellas and by far has one of best cases for P4P no.1 just going by his resume, fighting all those world class fighters when he is just starting to peak now. People have their view on some of his fights which were close but no one has ever dominated him besides Floyd.

It would be very interesting if Canelo today were to fight Floyd.

Btw what's with Khan saying Brook is gay and should come out? I heard rumours before but I thought it was just down to the way he speaks and people were making fun. Is it really the case? I can Khan being ripped by the right wing media such as the daily fail for being homophobic if these two ever fight.

It would be very interesting if Canelo today were to fight Floyd.

Btw what's with Khan saying Brook is gay and should come out? I heard rumours before but I thought it was just down to the way he speaks and people were making fun. Is it really the case? I can Khan being ripped by the right wing media such as the daily fail for being homophobic if these two ever fight.

I would pick Canelo to beat Floyd now tbh.

And many in Sheffield have said that he is gay, also when he was attacked on holiday it was buy a guy who he had met earlier in the night; this bit is a fact but beyond that we don't have much to go by besides stories from folk in Sheffield and those from Brook's camp. Amir in the interview never came across homophobic, he was careful with his words lol it was funny the way he said it. Basically said if you're gay your gay it's fine but be a man and tell us the truth and tell us what happened in the reef lmao Am not sure myself but at the very least think Kell could be bi and there is no smoke without fire, they are also using this to hype the fight, am sure Kell will attack Khan as well

I would pick Canelo to beat Floyd now tbh.

And many in Sheffield have said that he is gay, also when he was attacked on holiday it was buy a guy who he had met earlier in the night; this bit is a fact but beyond that we don't have much to go by besides stories from folk in Sheffield and those from Brook's camp. Amir in the interview never came across homophobic, he was careful with his words lol it was funny the way he said it. Basically said if you're gay your gay it's fine but be a man and tell us the truth and tell us what happened in the reef lmao Am not sure myself but at the very least think Kell could be bi and there is no smoke without fire, they are also using this to hype the fight, am sure Kell will attack Khan as well

To follow up on this have a read of the story in Kells own words:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/b...ively-explains-Tenerife-machete-stabbing.html

‘We went for a nice meal as we had every night and then had a walk,’ Brook says. ‘We stopped at an Irish bar that was showing football. We sat there and I had a few drinks.

‘This couple came up to us, they were about 60-odd and we got talking, having a laugh. I was telling them stories about old man Brendan Ingle (a legendary Sheffield trainer). It was getting late. Lindsey was tired and we decided she should go back. I went outside and put them in a taxi and I went back in. It was about 10.30ish.

‘I carried on with this couple. They said, “We are going across the road. Do you want to come?” I said why not? Quite a few English people were there and they recognised me — wanting photos. It was a good night.

‘The manager of the bar invited me to a party at her place with her partner and another guy. Nothing over the top, the bars had shut and we had a few more drinks. I guess she maybe thought I’d won a world title and wanted to show me off.’

Brook is not certain on timings, though it is believed to have been about 2am. He says he was ‘drunk but not hammered’ and having his first late night in more than four months. ‘I’m not usually a drinker,’ he adds.

‘In the bar manager’s apartment is where the guy was. That’s when I first saw him. (After a while) the girl and her partner said they had work in the morning, time to go. This kid was left there.

‘He said let’s go for a drink at his apartment. I was just going with it. I knew I would feel rough but I was coming back home (the next day) and going straight into training for the next fight. Blow out, as they say. I am not too used to drinking.’

It is understood that Brook and his alleged assailant, whose identity is known to Sportsmail, walked a short distance to a nearby property. ‘I got to his place, had a few more drinks, and got into a general chat about things. Tourism, cars, boats. Then suddenly the mood switched. This guy started going on about street fighting. The mood changed.

‘(He was saying) a boxer can’t compete with a street fighter. I went from being comfortable to it switching without reason. This place, in his apartment, the kitchen and living room is close together. Everything is just a hand away from you. He was in the kitchen and I was in the living room. Without warning or caution, one swipe.’

Why would you want to go have a drink with some stranger in his home being a fighter who had just won a title so you had eye balls on you and that to a dude, either Kell is not the sharpest tool or he had ulterior motives.

Last edited:

Clip from the new Amir Khan documentary I've been trying to get a hold off, never seen Amir so emotional. What he says is true about fighters in general this is why I have stopped calling journeyman cans or bums. But responding to Amir's vid, he does get way too much shtick despite his success folk in the UK at times are guilty of playing up the defeats and under rating his victories.

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=146504]barah_admi[/MENTION] [MENTION=93712]MenInG[/MENTION]

Tough tough sport.

Clip from the new Amir Khan documentary I've been trying to get a hold off, never seen Amir so emotional. What he says is true about fighters in general this is why I have stopped calling journeyman cans or bums. But responding to Amir's vid, he does get way too much shtick despite his success folk in the UK at times are guilty of playing up the defeats and under rating his victories.

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=146504]barah_admi[/MENTION] [MENTION=93712]MenInG[/MENTION]

Tough tough sport.

Without a doubt. Khan was THE biggest star in British boxing for the second half of the last decade, a unified champ, ducked by his divisions other top guy and sadly never able to get a fight with Mayweather and Pacquiao. Not to mention, he was soundly outboxing Canelo for 3 or 4 rounds in their vastly over matched, match up.

ANother point people forget is that as good as British amateur boxing is these days, it wouldnt be where it is without Khan.

If that was a IBF title fight at 168 that rehydration limit would be in place anyway, also they weigh you in the morning so you still have 12 hours to put on weight before the fight itself so it's not like you have to be 178 before the bell rings. We have weight classes for a reason, I would impliment the IBF second day weigh in across the divisions to stop weight bullying. Back in the day you always had weigh ins on fight day.

When Amir fought Canelo there was no rehydration clause and he was moving up 2 divisions, now that was so dangerous something could have gone wrong.

I actually agree that fighters should not be allowed to rehydrate however much they like. I am personally against the 24 pre-fight weigh in but as it stands, that is not the norm and Canelo was fighting rocky "domestic b leve" Fielding, I dont see why he needed anything else stacked in his favour.

Canelo is a freak of nature. Can’t believe he had fought that much. He has insane power.

Can't take canelo seriously.... this the guy who blames his PEDs on tainted beef steaks!!

Boxing is a joke in this regard.

Can't take canelo seriously.... this the guy who blames his PEDs on tainted beef steaks!!

Boxing is a joke in this regard.

Canelo is a cheat and I hope they have ggg rematch and he loses..

Boxing isn't a joke, there is more reform and regulation regarding doping in our sport then any other in combat. This has gone on for decades we should welcome the fact that we're catching fighters out now, having said that Canelo has been punished and has returned to the sport now whilst not having failed any further tests; he isn't that popular for smashing GGG but his resume speaks for itself and at just 28 has an astonishing resume. Fighters like Canelo don't come around often. Morales failed a test for the same substance but isn't demonised for it due to his popularity, Canelo is a bit of a face and heel, for now I give him benefit of the doubt unless he fails another test. In MMA Jon Jones failed 3 tests in a row and he's going to return at the end of the month lol people are actually embracing it, insane.

Without a doubt. Khan was THE biggest star in British boxing for the second half of the last decade, a unified champ, ducked by his divisions other top guy and sadly never able to get a fight with Mayweather and Pacquiao. Not to mention, he was soundly outboxing Canelo for 3 or 4 rounds in their vastly over matched, match up.

ANother point people forget is that as good as British amateur boxing is these days, it wouldnt be where it is without K
han.

I was going to touch on this good point mate, amateur boxing received more investment post 2004 thanks to Amir's triumph and how he captured the public's imagination. He also convinced ITV to bring back back boxing to FTA TV after the BBC had given up on Harrison. We also see countless Boxing events at the 02 and people may not remember but Amir was the first boxer to headline the 02. Fair to say, British Boxing has a lot to thank Amir.

I actually agree that fighters should not be allowed to rehydrate however much they like. I am personally against the 24 pre-fight weigh in but as it stands, that is not the norm and Canelo was fighting rocky "domestic b leve" Fielding, I dont see why he needed anything else stacked in his favour.

I agree it may not have been necessary for the Fielding fight, but this is modern boxing when you're the A side. This ruling would automatically apply if Canelo ever fought for an IBF world title.

I was going to touch on this good point mate, amateur boxing received more investment post 2004 thanks to Amir's triumph and how he captured the public's imagination. He also convinced ITV to bring back back boxing to FTA TV after the BBC had given up on Harrison. We also see countless Boxing events at the 02 and people may not remember but Amir was the first boxer to headline the 02. Fair to say, British Boxing has a lot to thank Amir.

Unfortunately they'll never really give him the credit he deserves. I really hope he stays around the game after he retires, either as an analyst on Sky or as a promoter.

Unfortunately they'll never really give him the credit he deserves. I really hope he stays around the game after he retires, either as an analyst on Sky or as a promoter.

Fantastic analyst, whenever sky have had him around he always comes across as the most objective and astute. I remember when he was explaining why he felt Fury would beat Wlad in Germany and that his prediction was Fury on points; the others just stood there and laughed. His ring IQ is under rated he is actually very clever just have to see how he was beyond his years at such a young age facing Kindelan but just loves having scraps and lets emotion get to him in a fight, starting out on that ITV deal meant he never got the chance to really develop at a steady pace; trainers like Jimmy Tibbs would have worked on establishing the ring generalship but the way he fought did fantastic TV ratings. I really do feel as if he has achieved everything based on his own abilities and heart, with a fighter like Khan a trainer is only going to have so much influence.

I don't see Amir in a permanent analyst role, he may show up from time to time for specific events but is too occupied with charity work and other business ventures; which is a big positive as some fighters can struggle with life beyond the squared circle but he has prepared well.

Canelo is a freak of nature. Can’t believe he had fought that much. He has insane power.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ricky Hatton's wheels &#55357;&#56983;&#55357;&#56834;<br><br>There's only one <a href="https://twitter.com/HitmanHatton?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@HitmanHatton</a> <a href="https://t.co/i9q9tGFdHU">pic.twitter.com/i9q9tGFdHU</a></p>— Against The Ropes (@ATRboxinguk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ATRboxinguk/status/1075742059062018050?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">20 December 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wait for it guys :)))

Only 1 Ricky Hatton aha

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ricky Hatton's wheels ����<br><br>There's only one <a href="https://twitter.com/HitmanHatton?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@HitmanHatton</a> <a href="https://t.co/i9q9tGFdHU">pic.twitter.com/i9q9tGFdHU</a></p>— Against The Ropes (@ATRboxinguk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ATRboxinguk/status/1075742059062018050?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">20 December 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wait for it guys :)))

Only 1 Ricky Hatton aha

LOVE IT!

Plonker

Had a quick google, it sold at auction for over 35k. Maybe the Hitman did buy it. It will be worth millions in a couple of decades. lol

We are actually missing out :)) if we play our cards right it could be a good investment looking for such cars we know will be classics in the future and go for a few quid.

Fight Night !

Whyte / Dillian

Frampton / Warrington

Both great fights although BT have put on the better card compared to Sky

Liam Williams beats Mark Heffron as Billy Joe Saunders returns and Tommy Fury debuts

Wales' Williams jabbed smartly early on and pounded Heffron with a barrage in the 10th round to force the stoppage.

Former world middleweight champion Saunders, 29, forced Ghana's Charles Adamu to retire after four rounds.

Elsewhere, Frenchman Hassan N'Dam out-pointed Britain's Martin Murray, who had said he may retire if he lost.

Murray, 36, has challenged for a world title four times but after four successive wins, fell short against a fighter who appeared well conditioned and slick, landing uppercuts throughout.

N'Dam touched down lightly to face a countdown at the end of the fourth round but showed good footwork over 12 rounds, scoring a majority 114-114 117-112 116-112 win, much to the surprise of Murray.

Williams British champion again

Williams, 26, held the British title at light-middleweight in 2015 but now has it at 160lbs after a truly polished display against a fighter he had shared a visible rivalry with in the build-up.

After a first round where the Welshman showcased a strong jab, he was warned by trainer Dominic Ingle to remain patient and not launch into attacks against an undefeated and heavy-handed opponent.

But with Heffron undoubtedly behind in the bout and cut under the eye following a series of head clashes, he was caught in the 10th round, prompting Williams to spring into an attack and force a count.

Heffron found his feet but seconds later referee Howard Foster stepped in, with Williams teeing off at will and catching his rival.

"I'm a bit overwhelmed to be honest," said Williams, who now has 19 wins and a draw from 22 outings. "I don't want to sound like I am too good for the British title but I have bigger plans.

"I knew I had it in the tank. I am not saying it because we are in the same gym but I am confident anybody outside of Billy Joe Saunders I will beat at middleweight or light-middleweight."

Billy Joe Saunders forced his opponent to retire after four rounds

Saunders pummelled Adamu, 41, bringing about an end to the contest after 12 minutes.

The Briton moved to 27 career wins without defeat and will look to rebuild after a frustrating year, where his team claims the use of a "common decongestant nasal spray" led to a failed doping test.

He was not allowed to defend his WBO world middleweight title in the US due to a reading returned in a Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (Vada) test, prompting him to give up the belt.

Saunders would not have failed a test in the UK as the substance in question - oxilofrine - is not banned during an out-of-competition period by UK Anti-Doping.

His win over Adamu was a first outing since he dominated David Lemieux in Canada 12 months earlier and having weighed in over 170lbs for this return, he will likely now look to get back down to the 160lbs limit and chase the bigger names.

Another Fury journey begins

Elsewhere, Tommy Fury, brother of former world heavyweight champion Tyson, won 40-36 on the referee's card after a four-round contest against Latvian Jevgenijs Andrejevs, 37.

The 19-year-old boxed smartly on his debut, landing a solid right uppercut in the first round as he repeatedly stalked an opponent who now has 103 defeats from 116 bouts.

Fury said: "I'm learning. If it wasn't for the excessive holding I would have got him out of there.

"Fight by fight I'll get better. Tonight was the start of my journey. I want to be an undisputed world champion. I know it sounds stupid but I wouldn't be in the game otherwise. I'm in no rush but I'll get there."

Gorman v Dubois in 2019?

Heavyweight Gorman, who trains under former two-weight world champion Ricky Hatton alongside Fury, dominated Cojanu and cleverly negotiated a height and reach disadvantage.

Romania's Cojanu - who challenged for a world title in 2017 - took a heavy uppercut in the fifth round and the same shot was driven through his guard in the 10th, as Gorman built on a solid early pace to win 119-109 119-109 120-108 on the cards.

"Good win against a big, solid heavyweight," tweeted Gorman. "Great rounds under my belt."

Gorman, 22, now has 15 wins from 15 outings and could be moved towards a meeting with fellow Briton Daniel Dubois in 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46662363

Dillian Whyte knocks out Dereck Chisora in gruelling heavyweight contest

British heavyweight Dillian Whyte maintained hope of a meeting with Anthony Joshua with a brutal 11th-round knock down of Dereck Chisora in London.

In an intense rematch, Chisora brought constant pressure and was up on two of the three cards when he was stopped.

But the 34-year-old left himself exposed to a crushing left to the jaw that put him on the canvas.

Afterwards, Whyte called out Joshua, who stepped up to the ring and said Whyte was third on his list of targets.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46662371

Shades of Hagler and Hearns, oh my god in heaven; what a fight between Warrington and Frampton ! two elite featherweights at the top of their game going at it, Boxing is on another level here in the UK right now.

It was a master class from Warrington, it almost felt like Frampton was fighting two people at the same time! no one can ever right him off again, he deserves to be in the P4P top 10 and fighter of the year after beating some of the most avoided fighters at 126 lb this year. Warrington beat Frampton in every facet compatibly. Prior to the fight I wasn't sure who would win but never expected such a dominant display.

Floyd Mayweather floors Tenshin Nasukawa three times to win exhibition in first round

Floyd Mayweather knocked down Tenshin Nasukawa three times in the first round as he beat the Japanese kickboxer in an exhibition match worth a reported $9m.

Former five-weight world champion Mayweather, 41, was smiling during the short-lived contest in Tokyo as he floored the 20-year-old with ease.

The fight, scheduled for three three-minute rounds, ended with Nasukawa in tears as his team threw in the towel.

Despite having agreed to the bout, Mayweather said he was "still retired".

"It was all about entertainment - we had a lot of fun," said Mayweather, who beat UFC's Conor McGregor in a boxing match in August 2017. "They wanted this to happen in Japan, so I said 'why not?'"

Both fighters were undefeated coming into the much-criticised contest, which had Mayweather carrying a 4kg (9lb) weight advantage and was delayed by several hours.

Rumours circulated on social media that he may not show and that organisers were struggling to locate him.

But after beating Nasukawa in the exhibition match, Mayweather insisted: "I'm still undefeated; Tenshin is still undefeated. Tenshin is a true champion and a hell of a fighter."

Addressing the Japanese fighter, he added: "Hold your head up high.

"I want the fans around the world to support Tenshin, he's a great guy and a great champion."

The rules were very strictly defined with kickboxer Nasukawa reportedly facing a $5m fine if he aimed a kick at his older opponent.

There were no judges, with only a knockout or technical knockout considered a victory.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/46724047

Floyd Mayweather knocked down Tenshin Nasukawa three times in the first round as he beat the Japanese kickboxer in an exhibition match worth a reported $9m.

Former five-weight world champion Mayweather, 41, was smiling during the short-lived contest in Tokyo as he floored the 20-year-old with ease.

The fight, scheduled for three three-minute rounds, ended with Nasukawa in tears as his team threw in the towel.

Despite having agreed to the bout, Mayweather said he was "still retired".

"It was all about entertainment - we had a lot of fun," said Mayweather, who beat UFC's Conor McGregor in a boxing match in August 2017. "They wanted this to happen in Japan, so I said 'why not?'"

Both fighters were undefeated coming into the much-criticised contest, which had Mayweather carrying a 4kg (9lb) weight advantage and was delayed by several hours.

Rumours circulated on social media that he may not show and that organisers were struggling to locate him.

But after beating Nasukawa in the exhibition match, Mayweather insisted: "I'm still undefeated; Tenshin is still undefeated. Tenshin is a true champion and a hell of a fighter."

Addressing the Japanese fighter, he added: "Hold your head up high.

"I want the fans around the world to support Tenshin, he's a great guy and a great champion."

The rules were very strictly defined with kickboxer Nasukawa reportedly facing a $5m fine if he aimed a kick at his older opponent.

There were no judges, with only a knockout or technical knockout considered a victory.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/46724047

What exactly was the point of this match!?

Mayweather has 100s of millions in the bank .... he opens up a strip club :facepalm:

Money can’t buy you class...

Mayweather has 100s of millions in the bank .... he opens up a strip club :facepalm:

Money can’t buy you class...

Not breaking any law, people open all sorts of businesses he happened to open a strip club so what

9 million for a few seconds work, who wouldn't; fair play to Floyd. He has come a long way and am not his biggest fan but ya"ll just want to hate out of envy, maybe you should work hard and be dedicated, no need to be insecure.

So Boxing has now defeated talent from the MMA and Kick Boxing world...

Don't know why people are so worked up by an exhibition

"An exhibition fight is a contact sports non-profit event...and exhibition bouts are usually carried out for charity purposes or for the public's entertainment"

This was neither non-profit, charitable, or entertaining.

They charged money for a complete nonsensical fight with people paying up to $1,000/ticket (ridiculous amount in Japan).

"An exhibition fight is a contact sports non-profit event...and exhibition bouts are usually carried out for charity purposes or for the public's entertainment"

This was neither non-profit, charitable, or entertaining.

They charged money for a complete nonsensical fight with people paying up to $1,000/ticket (ridiculous amount in Japan).

Ali fought Inoki as well in an Exhibition did he do it for free? That definition is extremely generic, that same article mentions Floyd/Nasukawa. What you deem to be entertaining is your opinion and what they charged is what people also paid for and came out for the event in their thousands, Floyd is one of the rare fighters who elevated his brand and is now in a position to demand various fees accordingly, good for him, I wont hate or be envious about another mans bread or take an Exhibition so seriously, when it is meant to be a spectacle for the fans down there.

Ali fought Inoki as well in an Exhibition did he do it for free? That definition is extremely generic, that same article mentions Floyd/Nasukawa. What you deem to be entertaining is your opinion and what they charged is what people also paid for and came out for the event in their thousands, Floyd is one of the rare fighters who elevated his brand and is now in a position to demand various fees accordingly, good for him, I wont hate or be envious about another mans bread or take an Exhibition so seriously, when it is meant to be a spectacle for the fans down there.

I don't have much of a problem with Floyd. Money is money.

But Rizin deserves criticism.

Nasukawa with those rules looked like a child that mistakenly walked into a lion's den.

I don't have much of a problem with Floyd. Money is money.

But Rizin deserves criticism.

Nasukawa with those rules looked like a child that mistakenly walked into a lion's den.

Rizin did what they thought was best for their business, they received main stream global exposure which was the goal and they achieved that. As for the fight itself, the Exhibition did no harm besides providing a spectacle.

2018 was a fantastic year for Boxing and the coming years are looking great in all territories around the world.

To close out the year these are my Top 10 P4P:

1. Terence Crawford
2. Canelo Alvarez
3. Lomachenko
4. Usyk
5. Mikey Garcia
6. Sor Rungvisai
7. Naoya Inoue
8. Josh Warrington
9. Triple G
10. Tyson Fury

Fights I enjoyed the most:

1. Fury / Wilder
2. Warrington / Frampton
3. Lomachenko / Linares
4. GGG / Canelo 2
5. Mithalane / Waseem

My fighter of the year is Terence Crawford who cemented his hall of fame status, he deserved the nod in 2017 but he would move up to 147 and smash Horn to pieces becoming a 3 weight world champion this year and then taking out Benavidez Jr; both were unbeaten fighters and Horn had the W over Manny causing him problems despite the controversial outcome, Crawford despite being the smaller man had no issue imposing his shear will, it was beautiful to watch.

Honourable mention to Fury, Warrington and Usyk who had an incredible year as well.

Promoter of the year has to be Frank Warren and the fantastic work he has done for BT, the Boxnation ship is still alive as well and we will be seeing more elite match ups on these shores and around the world which give you bang for your buck.

Troll of the year: Amir signing a 3 fight deal with matchroom, calling Brook a homo and then mugging sky/hearn off by deciding he will be facing Crawford in his final fight on American ESPN PPV.

What to look forward to in 2019:

The heavyweight division is alive again ! as Mike Costello said during the 12th Rd of Fury / Wilder. With Fury / Wilder / AJ leading the way we are sure to have some exciting match ups who will also be supported by the likes of Whyte, Povetkin, Pulev, Parker, Ortiz, Brezeale and Miller; some old ones and youngster beauties to but both contributing to a heavyweight revival. I'd like to see AJ / Wilder asap with the winner facing Fury later on in the year, I'd like Fury to take on a top 10 opponent but someone outside the top 5, it's scary because he is not even 100% yet and he has taken so many risks in his career it's about time others did in the division.

Welterweights:

Very very interesting! I believe in 2019 we will be one step closer to establishing the best 147 pounder, Thurman is set to return, Errol Spence will be taking on Mikey Garcia which is an exciting fight although a big challenge for Mikey and then there's Porter and Terence Crawford. Realistically I see Spence / Porter being made, Thurman has said repeatedly that he will only take on Spence when he believes he is ready. Then you have Crawford who majority will want to avoid, things get complicated because he is with a different promotion making fights with other welters a little difficult to make but it is still a possibility. Then you have the return of Manny, who is still around! not what he was but I loved what I saw in his last fight and he would give any of the top guys a tough night. Heck Broner could yet again force himself into title contention as well if he beats Manny, that's not an easy fight for either man. Ideally though, I would like to see Spence vs Crawford or Thurman this year.

Junior Welter

Josh Taylor and the WBSS iis all that needs to be said.

Light Heavyweight

Very good chance we will crown an undisputed champion, Alvarez/Kovalev will settle their grudge match then the winner could face either Beterbiev, Bivol, Gvozdyk or Jack; interesting match ups between all these men.

Middleweight

Besides Jacobs and Billy Joe there are no challengers for Canelo, he may well continue his journey at SMW as there are some very interesting match ups for him there. There are also rumours that he could be in line to face Callum Smith at Anfield or Wembley.

Lightweight

Will we finally see Lomacheno v Garcia ? will be a very tough one to make given Mikey's relationship with Arum. If we don't get to see this I hope we get to see Lomachenko v Davis (he would need to move up). On a personal level wouldn't mind Crolla facing Lomachenko because that fight would be held in the UK and I may be able to watch a future hall of famer live.

Junior Lightweight

If Gervonta is unable to face Loma I want to see him take on Tevin Farmer who is the next best opponent for him and it would have an amazing build up as well in America. Lee Selby will be making debut at this weight soon, if his power carries over and he grows into this division he will become world champion once more and be a tough challenge for anyone in the weight class.

Featherweight

I'd like to see Warrington take on Santa Cruz, Russell or Valdez; multiple world title fights are possible between these champions; its a division to keep an eye on for sure and everyone has a very crowd pleasing style. Then you have Mares and Quigg supporting the top 5.

Bantamweight

If you're familiar with the successful world boxing super series tournament you'd know for this season in 2019 the worlds leading Bantamweights will be fighting it out to determine the undisputed world champion, Inoue has moved up to take part in this tournament and became a 3 weight division champion in just 16 fights, he hasn't received as much exposure being in the east but he is one to look out for, very very destructive. Others in the tournament include Tete, Donaire and Rodriguez; all world class and some cracking semi-finals have been booked already.

Super Flyweight

Gonzales has not retired and is said to be targetting Yafai, that would be a great fight to see. Rungvisai has been having some personal issues and should be returning this year and could take on Estrada, Nietes or Jerwin; all exciting fights which are worth looking out for between these guys.

Flyweight

Mithalane leads the division and is the new world champion having beaten Pakistan's Waseem in a very close fight, I want to see the rematch but unfortunately Waseem doesn't have enough clout to force this sadly and his career is in limbo after that world title challenge at the moment. Mithalane on the other hand has a big pay day waiting for him in England vs Charlie Edwards in a unification bout, that could have been Waseem. But Mithalane is one hell of a fighter and may well enter the hall one day, credit to him for being able to remain at the top level at this point in time.

Forgot to mention Usyk at heavyweight, he will for sure be moving up and it will be interesting to see how he progresses, more star power amongst the big fellas!

2018 was a fantastic year for Boxing and the coming years are looking great in all territories around the world.

To close out the year these are my Top 10 P4P:

1. Terence Crawford
2. Canelo Alvarez
3. Lomachenko
4. Usyk
5. Mikey Garcia
6. Sor Rungvisai
7. Naoya Inoue
8. Josh Warrington
9. Triple G
10. Tyson Fury

Fights I enjoyed the most:

1. Fury / Wilder
2. Warrington / Frampton
3. Lomachenko / Linares
4. GGG / Canelo 2
5. Mithalane / Waseem

My fighter of the year is Terence Crawford who cemented his hall of fame status, he deserved the nod in 2017 but he would move up to 147 and smash Horn to pieces becoming a 3 weight world champion this year and then taking out Benavidez Jr; both were unbeaten fighters and Horn had the W over Manny causing him problems despite the controversial outcome, Crawford despite being the smaller man had no issue imposing his shear will, it was beautiful to watch.

Honourable mention to Fury, Warrington and Usyk who had an incredible year as well.

Promoter of the year has to be Frank Warren and the fantastic work he has done for BT, the Boxnation ship is still alive as well and we will be seeing more elite match ups on these shores and around the world which give you bang for your buck.

Troll of the year: Amir signing a 3 fight deal with matchroom, calling Brook a homo and then mugging sky/hearn off by deciding he will be facing Crawford in his final fight on American ESPN PPV.

What to look forward to in 2019:

The heavyweight division is alive again ! as Mike Costello said during the 12th Rd of Fury / Wilder. With Fury / Wilder / AJ leading the way we are sure to have some exciting match ups who will also be supported by the likes of Whyte, Povetkin, Pulev, Parker, Ortiz, Brezeale and Miller; some old ones and youngster beauties to but both contributing to a heavyweight revival. I'd like to see AJ / Wilder asap with the winner facing Fury later on in the year, I'd like Fury to take on a top 10 opponent but someone outside the top 5, it's scary because he is not even 100% yet and he has taken so many risks in his career it's about time others did in the division.

Welterweights:

Very very interesting! I believe in 2019 we will be one step closer to establishing the best 147 pounder, Thurman is set to return, Errol Spence will be taking on Mikey Garcia which is an exciting fight although a big challenge for Mikey and then there's Porter and Terence Crawford. Realistically I see Spence / Porter being made, Thurman has said repeatedly that he will only take on Spence when he believes he is ready. Then you have Crawford who majority will want to avoid, things get complicated because he is with a different promotion making fights with other welters a little difficult to make but it is still a possibility. Then you have the return of Manny, who is still around! not what he was but I loved what I saw in his last fight and he would give any of the top guys a tough night. Heck Broner could yet again force himself into title contention as well if he beats Manny, that's not an easy fight for either man. Ideally though, I would like to see Spence vs Crawford or Thurman this year.

Junior Welter

Josh Taylor and the WBSS iis all that needs to be said.

Light Heavyweight

Very good chance we will crown an undisputed champion, Alvarez/Kovalev will settle their grudge match then the winner could face either Beterbiev, Bivol, Gvozdyk or Jack; interesting match ups between all these men.

Middleweight

Besides Jacobs and Billy Joe there are no challengers for Canelo, he may well continue his journey at SMW as there are some very interesting match ups for him there. There are also rumours that he could be in line to face Callum Smith at Anfield or Wembley.

Lightweight

Will we finally see Lomacheno v Garcia ? will be a very tough one to make given Mikey's relationship with Arum. If we don't get to see this I hope we get to see Lomachenko v Davis (he would need to move up). On a personal level wouldn't mind Crolla facing Lomachenko because that fight would be held in the UK and I may be able to watch a future hall of famer live.

Junior Lightweight

If Gervonta is unable to face Loma I want to see him take on Tevin Farmer who is the next best opponent for him and it would have an amazing build up as well in America. Lee Selby will be making debut at this weight soon, if his power carries over and he grows into this division he will become world champion once more and be a tough challenge for anyone in the weight class.

Featherweight

I'd like to see Warrington take on Santa Cruz, Russell or Valdez; multiple world title fights are possible between these champions; its a division to keep an eye on for sure and everyone has a very crowd pleasing style. Then you have Mares and Quigg supporting the top 5.

Bantamweight

If you're familiar with the successful world boxing super series tournament you'd know for this season in 2019 the worlds leading Bantamweights will be fighting it out to determine the undisputed world champion, Inoue has moved up to take part in this tournament and became a 3 weight division champion in just 16 fights, he hasn't received as much exposure being in the east but he is one to look out for, very very destructive. Others in the tournament include Tete, Donaire and Rodriguez; all world class and some cracking semi-finals have been booked already.

Super Flyweight

Gonzales has not retired and is said to be targetting Yafai, that would be a great fight to see. Rungvisai has been having some personal issues and should be returning this year and could take on Estrada, Nietes or Jerwin; all exciting fights which are worth looking out for between these guys.

Flyweight

Mithalane leads the division and is the new world champion having beaten Pakistan's Waseem in a very close fight, I want to see the rematch but unfortunately Waseem doesn't have enough clout to force this sadly and his career is in limbo after that world title challenge at the moment. Mithalane on the other hand has a big pay day waiting for him in England vs Charlie Edwards in a unification bout, that could have been Waseem. But Mithalane is one hell of a fighter and may well enter the hall one day, credit to him for being able to remain at the top level at this point in time.
[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] [MENTION=48620]Cpt. Rishwat[/MENTION]

Thoughts on 2018 ? and what would you guys like to see in 2019. Boxing is on the up :afridi, the UFC are going to be involved as well, they have joined hands with Roy Jones Jnr Promotions.

UFC fighter Conor McGregor says he wants to fight Tenshin Nasukawa in a mixed martial arts bout following the Japanese kickboxer's defeat by Floyd Mayweather.

Nasukawa, 20, was beaten by former five-weight world champion Mayweather, 41, in only 140 seconds in an exhibition boxing match on 31 December.

Mayweather beat McGregor last year in the Irishman's first boxing match.

McGregor, 30, said he wants to take on Nasukara "before this summer".

"I wish to go to Tokyo to face Tenshin Nasukawa in a Mixed Martial Arts exhibition bout," he wrote on Twitter.

"Please arrange this, this instant. Yours sincerely, the champ champ," he added in a tweet directed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship and his management company Paradigm Sports.

In a subsequent tweet he said: "I'm the real Django no holds barred."

McGregor's last UFC bout ended in defeat by Russia's Khabib Nurmagomedov in October.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/mixed-martial-arts/46780523

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] [MENTION=48620]Cpt. Rishwat[/MENTION]

Thoughts on 2018 ? and what would you guys like to see in 2019. Boxing is on the up :afridi, the UFC are going to be involved as well, they have joined hands with Roy Jones Jnr Promotions.

Firstly a great write up on 2018!

For me the return of Fury was the biggest highlight. Never has a heavyweight became champion, went through so much issues and return to dominate an undefeated champion in his own back yard.

2019 I would like to see Amir fight again either Brook or Crawford to see where he is now and if it's time to call it day. Fury back in action, im sure a re-match will take place. Usyk to step up to heavyweight will be interesting. And just great fights, we had plenty in 2018.

Firstly a great write up on 2018!

For me the return of Fury was the biggest highlight. Never has a heavyweight became champion, went through so much issues and return to dominate an undefeated champion in his own back yard.

2019 I would like to see Amir fight again either Brook or Crawford to see where he is now and if it's time to call it day. Fury back in action, im sure a re-match will take place. Usyk to step up to heavyweight will be interesting. And just great fights, we had plenty in 2018.

I agree, even if we ignore those issues; this was also the first time in history and lineal champion which had left and returned, came back and was successful ! I was thinking this while walking back from work today, Tyson Fury is one special special fighter and human being, he is the most complete heavyweight since Muhammad Ali in my opinion. Sure, there are many factors which are vital in ensuring the execution of his skill set but I have never seen anyone quite like him of a similar height/reach since Ali in terms of utilising speed, power, movement and ring generalship. He's like a Heavyweight Floyd Mayweather lol because of well known reasons he is not respected enough but the man is truly special and I hope he can get back to his best, he wasn't even 100% in the Wilder fight!

I agree, even if we ignore those issues; this was also the first time in history and lineal champion which had left and returned, came back and was successful ! I was thinking this while walking back from work today, Tyson Fury is one special special fighter and human being, he is the most complete heavyweight since Muhammad Ali in my opinion. Sure, there are many factors which are vital in ensuring the execution of his skill set but I have never seen anyone quite like him of a similar height/reach since Ali in terms of utilising speed, power, movement and ring generalship. He's like a Heavyweight Floyd Mayweather lol because of well known reasons he is not respected enough but the man is truly special and I hope he can get back to his best, he wasn't even 100% in the Wilder fight!

I really really hope he beats Wilder in the re-match and then fights AJ at Wembley. I have been at a few good sporting events but to be watch Fury beat AJ live would be difficult to surpass imo. Lets hope and see.

I really really hope he beats Wilder in the re-match and then fights AJ at Wembley. I have been at a few good sporting events but to be watch Fury beat AJ live would be difficult to surpass imo. Lets hope and see.

Steve Bunce said it would be a bigger sporting even then even 1966 WC final here and I agree with him. Thoughts on the AK/Crawford fight that could be confirmed very soon ? Manny / Broner are also on mext week I think

[MENTION=48620]Cpt. Rishwat[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Manny Pacquiao vs Broner is on this week live on free to air TV ! it will be on ITV4 in the early hours of sunday morning, ring walk time will be approximately 4am so maybe put the alarm on for 3am if you want to stay up otherwise you can catch the replay the next day or on ITV player.

Badou Jack vs Marcus Browne is also on the under-card.

[MENTION=48620]Cpt. Rishwat[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Manny Pacquiao vs Broner is on this week live on free to air TV ! it will be on ITV4 in the early hours of sunday morning, ring walk time will be approximately 4am so maybe put the alarm on for 3am if you want to stay up otherwise you can catch the replay the next day or on ITV player.

Badou Jack vs Marcus Browne is also on the under-card.

Great news , I will be watching it live! I think it may for ITV to show more viewers they are serious about boxing now. I think Eubank Jnr v Degale is on ITV ppv too.

It should be a great fight and I expect Manny to win it on points, just..

Great news , I will be watching it live! I think it may for ITV to show more viewers they are serious about boxing now. I think Eubank Jnr v Degale is on ITV ppv too.

It should be a great fight and I expect Manny to win it on points, just..

ITV signed a deal with Al Haymon's PBC so all those awesome fights from the US which we normally would need a sky sports / BT subscription for or pay to see them on Boxnation, but now these battles will be available on ITV, with this in mind I have no issues paying £20 to see Degale / Eubank, plus they will need our support when they're getting back in the game and bringing so much content which is great value for money overall.

Same here! I will be watching it live to, just like the good ol days when he fought Cotto :akhtar I get emotional seeing Manny on his ring walk lol will be eye of the tiger theme again my guess aha It's a close 50/50 fight but am leaning towards Manny and predict a KO win, he has been looking amazing in training

Manny Pacquiao beats Adrien Broner to retain WBA world title on points

Manny Pacquiao retained his WBA world welterweight title with a convincing unanimous points win over Adrian Broner in Las Vegas.

The Filipino, in his 70th fight and his first as a 40-year-old, rocked the former four-weight world champion with a stunning left in the ninth round.

He dominated his American opponent, who is 11 years his junior, throwing more than twice as many punches.

Judges scored the bout 117-111, 116-112, 116-112 in Pacquiao's favour.

Afterwards, Pacquiao said he would be open to a rematch with unbeaten American Floyd Mayweather, who defeated him in 2015.

"Tell him to come back to the ring and we will fight," said Pacquiao, who is a senator in his homeland and fighting in the United States for the first time in two years.

"I am willing to fight with Floyd Mayweather if he is willing to come back to box."

Former five-weight world champion Mayweather, who was in the crowd, gave no reaction when asked if the rematch could happen.

The 41-year-old beat Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in an exhibition boxing bout in December but has previously said he is "still retired".

Broner outclassed - but claims he won
Pacquaio, securing the 61st victory of his career, almost knocked down his opponent in the seventh and ninth rounds.

But afterwards, Broner - to jeers from the MGM Grand crowd - claimed he should have won.

"I beat him. Everyone out there knows I beat him. I controlled the fight, he was missing. I hit clean more times. I beat him," he said.

Broner threw 50 punches to Pacquaio's 112 and three body shots to the victor's 47.

Earlier, American Marcus Browne took the vacant WBA interim light-heavyweight title with a unanimous points win over Sweden's Badou Jack.

Jack suffered a nasty cut to the middle of his forehead but managed to complete the final five rounds before losing on points by 117-110, 116-111, 119-108.

French fighter Nordine Oubaali earned his first world title by beating American Rau'shee Warren by unanimous points decision to take the WBC bantamweight belt.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/46936925

Sensational performance from Manny, I watched him vs Lucas and knew it then he still got it even though people kept putting it down to oh Lucas is shot but that was baqwas you can see from his performances how much gas is left although motivation is very important for him right now because when that fire is still there these are the results, he is a freak of nature to still be able to compete at a high level at this stage of his career and believe you me, he would give any of the top welters serious issues.

I also scored it 117-111 like one of the judges, Broner did some great work defensively but he just wasn't active enough and it was also due to Manny's speed, power, movement and feints; while Manny work rate was impressive, he threw many shoe shine punches but you mix that with some of the cleaner blows which he landed especially in 7 and Rd 9 or 10 it was more then enough to win the fight, Broner did manage to get through on a number of occasions but just wasn't consistent.

Broner conditioning is incredible though and his chin is great, he should have gone down a few times but his balance is so good as well; not going to be an easy fella to KO but maybe if there was another minute in those rounds he could have been in even bigger trouble but he has tremendous defensive instincts; while he deserves criticism for his comments, his corner should get a lot more stick, they have him believing he was ahead in the fight! they were giving the right advice but also contradicting it, if Broner wants to improve his world level pursuits he needs a new team.

As for Manny, he could potentially face Floyd next but after a performance like that I doubt he will want anything to do with him :floyd So a fight with Crawford could be likely and it's one I'd love to see. If Amir Khan pulls of a Miracle upset then he could also finally land the Manny fight. But not too many top welters would be keen on Manny but they could be tempted by the money and see him as an old timer they'd have an edge over as the fresher champions.

Sensational performance from Manny, I watched him vs Lucas and knew it then he still got it even though people kept putting it down to oh Lucas is shot but that was baqwas you can see from his performances how much gas is left although motivation is very important for him right now because when that fire is still there these are the results, he is a freak of nature to still be able to compete at a high level at this stage of his career and believe you me, he would give any of the top welters serious issues.

I also scored it 117-111 like one of the judges, Broner did some great work defensively but he just wasn't active enough and it was also due to Manny's speed, power, movement and feints; while Manny work rate was impressive, he threw many shoe shine punches but you mix that with some of the cleaner blows which he landed especially in 7 and Rd 9 or 10 it was more then enough to win the fight, Broner did manage to get through on a number of occasions but just wasn't consistent.

Broner conditioning is incredible though and his chin is great, he should have gone down a few times but his balance is so good as well; not going to be an easy fella to KO but maybe if there was another minute in those rounds he could have been in even bigger trouble but he has tremendous defensive instincts; while he deserves criticism for his comments, his corner should get a lot more stick, they have him believing he was ahead in the fight! they were giving the right advice but also contradicting it, if Broner wants to improve his world level pursuits he needs a new team.

As for Manny, he could potentially face Floyd next but after a performance like that I doubt he will want anything to do with him :floyd So a fight with Crawford could be likely and it's one I'd love to see. If Amir Khan pulls of a Miracle upset then he could also finally land the Manny fight. But not too many top welters would be keen on Manny but they could be tempted by the money and see him as an old timer they'd have an edge over as the fresher champions.

Really enjoyed the show. Nice to see ITV not trying too hard and just showing the American show directly. The undercard was very good and I was esp impressed by French-Moroccan boxer Nordine Oubaali. Although the American had a better technique the Morocan fought with a lot of heart and threw some poweful shots, fully deserved his world title.

A little disappointed with Jack but I can't recall seeing a worse cut to any boxer after a clash of heads. It must have been impossible to box with such a large gash esp against a very talented boxer who had a very good jab. Poor Tony Weeks looked like he should butchered a Turkey and eat it raw with his stomach bulging out.

Manny was superb and imo had another gear if he needed it. Broner just doesn't throw enough shots, this has been his biggest issue for many fights now. Manny vs the winner of Crawford/Khan would be a good fight.

Hearn: Wilder won’t pick up the phone

Eddie Hearn has appeared to rule out the prospect of Anthony Joshua fighting Deontay Wilder in April, as the American "won't even answer the phone".

Joshua, who holds the WBA 'super', IBF and WBO belts, is searching for his next opponent after stopping Alexander Povetkin in September.

His promoter Hearn says Wilder, who holds the WBC belt, is Joshua's No 1 target, but claims the 'Bronze Bomber' will not even discuss a deal.

He told Sky Sports News: "We can't get any response at all from their team. In the last four or five weeks, I've sent five or six emails to Shelly Finkel (Wilder's promoter). They won't even have the decency to come back.

Joshua most recently defended his four world titles against former world champion Alexander Povetkin in September
Joshua most recently defended his four world titles against former world champion Alexander Povetkin in September

"I think they've made their mind up - they don't want to fight Anthony Joshua. It's frustrating because I think we're in a place where it's a really great deal.

"Wilder has always said 'one face, one name, one champion', but the deal we've offered is more than a fair split for Wilder. And it's two fights - one in the UK and one in the US.

"But he's not even entertaining that fight. Wilder won't even answer the phone, so that's well out the window."

If, as appears likely, Wilder does not agree to fight Joshua in April, Hearn says Dillian Whyte, Tyson Fury and Jarrell Miller are all possible opponents for the Brit.

However, he admits negotiations with Whyte are also providing troublesome, saying: "We've had a great run with Dillian Whyte.

"He wants a shot at the world heavyweight title. We've delivered that - he doesn't feel like the package is right at the moment. I think it is a good offer.

Dillian Whyte is not willing to accept the deal currently on offer in order to fight Joshua at Wembley in April, says Hearn
Dillian Whyte is not willing to accept the deal currently on offer in order to fight Joshua at Wembley in April, says Hearn
"It was never going to be easy. But you get to a point where you say 'Dillian, this is your chance to fight for four heavyweight belts at Wembley for millions'. What more can we do?

"These kind of opportunities don't come around that often. You're going to own the keys to the kingdom if you can beat Anthony Joshua."

Hearn also revealed he has made an offer to Fury, the former four-belt world champion who most recently drew with Wilder in a split decision in December.

He said: "I've spoken to Tyson and he asked me to make him an offer, which we did. There was talk about 'did I offer him 60-40' - yes, I did.

"He was world heavyweight champion - he's not anymore. AJ is a bigger global star, but Fury deserves so much respect. 60-40 as a voluntary defence - this is a great deal."

With negotiations with Wilder, Whyte and Fury providing frustrating, Hearn says Miller could fill the void and become the next man to try to beat Joshua.

"The one guy that looks like he's up for a fight is Jarrell Miller," said Hearn. "He wants a lot of money, but he's more realistic than the other guys.

"I do feel there is a value to Joshua making his US debut. While our order goes Wilder, Fury, Whyte and Miller, any of those are capable of getting the fight."

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...discuss-anthony-joshua-fight-says-eddie-hearn

AJ is a bigger global star

Complete rubbish from Hearn. As Bob Arum pointed out, Joshua fights when it's it afternoon in the US so most dont watch his fights live. Fury had a better performance against Wlad and also beat Wilder so has a better record than Joshua. He should offer both Fury and Wilder 50/50 split if he's serious about fighting them.

Really enjoyed the show. Nice to see ITV not trying too hard and just showing the American show directly. The undercard was very good and I was esp impressed by French-Moroccan boxer Nordine Oubaali. Although the American had a better technique the Morocan fought with a lot of heart and threw some poweful shots, fully deserved his world title.

A little disappointed with Jack but I can't recall seeing a worse cut to any boxer after a clash of heads. It must have been impossible to box with such a large gash esp against a very talented boxer who had a very good jab. Poor Tony Weeks looked like he should butchered a Turkey and eat it raw with his stomach bulging out.

Manny was superb and imo had another gear if he needed it. Broner just doesn't throw enough shots, this has been his biggest issue for many fights now. Manny vs the winner of Crawford/Khan would be a good fight.

It was upsetting to see Jack lose but credit to Browne who had an amazing game plan, he managed to neutralise his pressure with all the holding and had enough class on his feet to keep out of harms way, was also physically a strong guy and made Jack work hard. He always starts very slow and it's an aspect for him to improve on but the man is also a bit old now and it can take a while to get the engine started. My main issue with Jack is that this normally wouldn't be a criticism but he has taken on some very tough tough fights, his last 6 opponents were all world champions! if he wants to continue I think he should take some time out and have a couple of tick over fights before looking at his options, when you're in wars constantly it can take a lot of you and he has one hell of a resume but needs a break.

I don't know how he continued to fight on with that nasty cut, he could barely see, imagine that was Brook lol Jack has been spending time doing charity work in the ME and prior to this fight he said that the performance will be dedicated to the children he saw in their harsh living conditions, their spirit got him through till the end and his grit/determination

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I dedicated this fight to all of the refugees who fight for a better life everyday. <br>I will continue to represent them and give them a fighting chance in life.<a href="https://twitter.com/TBJFoundation?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TBJFoundation</a> <br> ✊��✊��✊��✊��✊��✊ <a href="https://t.co/T3OlUV0Yup">pic.twitter.com/T3OlUV0Yup</a></p>— Badou Jack (@BadouJack) <a href="https://twitter.com/BadouJack/status/1087393497311674369?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2019</a></blockquote>

Man I was just looking at Broner's resume it truly is excellent! and at one point in 2012 he was actually in the top 5 P4P best fighters in the world! because of his behaviour, attitude and recent form he doesn't get enough credit but this guy should be doing so much better. He really needs to change camp and stop trying to fight like Mayweather and focus on his offensive/explosive strengths, perhaps move back down in weight as well. Manny on the other hand was in sensational form, I knew he had gas left in the tank but he blew me away as well and showed me the Manny of old in many bursts during the fight it was amazing to watch, I would love to see him against the winner of Crawford/Khan as well although there are whispers he could be facing Floyd in a rematch potentially.

And btw did you have any issues watching live? ITV overall did an amazing job imo

Last edited:
Complete rubbish from Hearn. As Bob Arum pointed out, Joshua fights when it's it afternoon in the US so most dont watch his fights live. Fury had a better performance against Wlad and also beat Wilder so has a better record than Joshua. He should offer both Fury and Wilder 50/50 split if he's serious about fighting them.

AJ's fight with Povetkin was shown in the US via the DAZN platform and it did something like 20K views, it's a myth that the guy is a global superstar; that would be Canelo, Manny etc and even Amir has a bigger pull on that scale then him, and combined UK/US markets Fury is a much bigger draw. Purely in the UK no one touches AJ but fans are starting to lose interest in him as he has largely avoided the top 3 fighters, am not saying he is afraid or whatever but he loves money more then legacy. Amir is also promoted by Hearn yet he forced the fight with Crawford instead of Brook when he could have made a few quid more, it comes down to desire and priorities; I agree with Lennox Lewis in his criticism of AJ when it comes to the business side, but it's a disgrace that as fans this is all we have to read at the moment when you just want to see the fight.

Since Wilder/Fury 2 is next, AJ should face Whyte but I hear he has received a poor offer and could join Frank Warren in his hopes of securing a world title shot which he deserves.

[MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION] Remember that time when you use to big up Gassiev :))) :)))

[MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION] Remember that time when you use to big up Gassiev :))) :)))

He lost one fight I will be surprised if he doesn't get a belt again.

At least he wasnt gone in 60 seconds.

He lost one fight I will be surprised if he doesn't get a belt again.

At least he wasnt gone in 60 seconds.

That's even worse then being gone in 60 seconds, being made to look like a novice over 12 rounds; he showed that he has no boxing brain and his best shot is a punchers chance against anyone with half decent lateral movement and in-ring IQ. Well I wouldn't be surprised, it's not a strong division no more and Briedis is out of form, apparently was given a gift in his last fight. Gassiev is likely to beat some bum to win a vacant belt

Last edited:
Gassiev has also ducked the new season of WBSS, the final will probably be Dorticos v Briedis

Gassiev has also ducked the new season of WBSS, the final will probably be Dorticos v Briedis

He already destroyed Dorticos and Briedis as you stated apparently got a gift in his last fight.

As for Vacant title if Usyk moves up they are all going to be Vacant.

Plus isn't Gasiev 23?

He already destroyed Dorticos and Briedis as you stated apparently got a gift in his last fight.

As for Vacant title if Usyk moves up they are all going to be Vacant.

Plus isn't Gasiev 23?

Dorticos was over rated watching him fight, Briedis is the only fighter that is a decent challenge but he is out of form and we don't know if he will be the same again when he is struggling against such low level opposition which is insane when many could have scored that fight with Usyk either way with a point or two in it.

That's what I mean, when all those titles become vacant then it wouldn't be surprising to see Gassiv being matched with someone with a padded record but little world level talent. He is 25 now but looks older lol but that might just be because of his hair thinning. I had my doubts about him when he was overly hyped and that beating from Usyk will take some improvement to erase, but he does have age on his side

[MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION] Prediction for, AK/Crawford and Brook v Vargas or Liam Smith :yk3

Check this out guys:

Awesome interview [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION]

[MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION] Prediction for, AK/Crawford and Brook v Vargas or Liam Smith :yk3

Crawford and Brook unfortunately.
Hope Khan pulls it off or at the very least finishes the fight on his feet, dont see either happening.

As for Brook he can give it but doesnt like taking it hence why he isnt going to fight a live fighter at 154.

His cash out fight is Khan.

Crawford and Brook unfortunately.
Hope Khan pulls it off or at the very least finishes the fight on his feet, dont see either happening.

As for Brook he can give it but doesnt like taking it hence why he isnt going to fight a live fighter at 154.

His cash out fight is Khan.

Brook is mandatory for Hurd but I don't see them taking that fight, would be surprised. Yeah AK will get stopped most likely, I saw him live in Brum; this time he was dropped in the static position, normally you have to punch with him to land a counter so his reflex's are shot and he wasn't moving effortlessly either and had fitness issues in the second half, plus many said it was a flash knock down but I can tell you he was seriously hurt and Vargas isn't the biggest puncher, the bell saved his career because he didn't know where he was after standing up. I think Crawford will Brutally stop him within 4-6 rounds, the upset would be arguably the greatest ever. Amir is probably thinking if I can somehow last the distance it would still be an achievement and fights with the likes of Brook will always be there regardless

Brook is mandatory for Hurd but I don't see them taking that fight, would be surprised. Yeah AK will get stopped most likely, I saw him live in Brum; this time he was dropped in the static position, normally you have to punch with him to land a counter so his reflex's are shot and he wasn't moving effortlessly either and had fitness issues in the second half, plus many said it was a flash knock down but I can tell you he was seriously hurt and Vargas isn't the biggest puncher, the bell saved his career because he didn't know where he was after standing up. I think Crawford will Brutally stop him within 4-6 rounds, the upset would be arguably the greatest ever. Amir is probably thinking if I can somehow last the distance it would still be an achievement and fights with the likes of Brook will always be there regardless

Problem with Khan is that he only trains when he has a fight lined up.
All the top fighters past and present practically live in the gym even when they don't have a fight lined up.

Virgil Hunter mentioned this too.

Problem with Khan is that he only trains when he has a fight lined up.
All the top fighters past and present practically live in the gym even when they don't have a fight lined up.

Virgil Hunter mentioned this too.

True, he has been behaving like a retired fighter with all the holidays and extensive charity work. Probably munches a lot to in places like Akbars getting Lamb karahi and what not lol people call him chinny but guys who are called that get tagged more on on the chin compared to others which points to a defence issue, but sometimes you can get away with that if your fitness and strength/conditioning is supreme as we saw during his run at 140lb and fights at 147 leading up to Alexander. There been times where he has lived that life but not enough, Virgil has been happy for him to take this fight though I wonder what he has in mind lol

Back