Boxing Thread

Fans in saudi arabia were heckling Eddie Hearn and chanting Tyson Fury's name :)) was surprised lmao

Wilder is defo the favourite and when this was first rumoured I was the first to say no chance! but I've had a think about it and man, there's only one Tyson Fury lol he's touched in the mind and will put his life on the line when he enters those ropes, it truly will be dog eat dog; both men are ruthless. Tyson is a technician but never be in doubt when it comes to his killer instinct. These Gypsies can fight and do anything necessary to win. Am going with a Tyson Fury win, if he does get caught I believe he will weather the storm but even at this stage feel as if his movement and ring generalship will be too much for Wilder to consistently land clean blows and it wouldn't shock me if Tyson just put it on him in a surprise turn of events and fought off his front foot!

Haha, Tyson is a fan favourite all over the world, the man will fight anyone and never duck an opponent. Wilder called AJ a coward recently because he couldn't understand why he didn't take the fight against him.

I hope you are right and Tyson does win, I will be rooting for him. It's been a while since I paid Pay per view for a heavyweight clash but I have no qualms this time, a must see for me in HD. I know what you mean about the mentality of fighting and no fear of the gypsies as I used to have a friend and she was very big hearted to say the least lol.

Im not sure what Tyson's tactics will be but I would imagine he would use his excellent jab, keep range, taunt Wilder and frustrate him. Wilder would then take risks and not being the most compact boxer will open up for Fury to take advantage. Fascinating fight, cant wait!

The biggest fights are often when two undefeated champions meet esp in the heavyweight division. Here you have two fighters who are both very hungry even after so many fights. In terms of boxing skills Fury is superiour but Wilder has a very powerful right hand and with both being huge men, a knockout is very much on the cards.

Wilder is clear favourite for me, he's been active and is in very good shape. Fury has worked hard to get to fitness but imo still has some ring rust to get rid of. I think this fight maybe two fights too early for him but never rule him out because Fury has ring intelligence, he can box and move very well. But his biggest asset is his heart and determination, the man will never be scared or give him even if he is hurt.

I would have to go with a Wilder stoppage but not early on, after round 6.

Fair points. I just think the fight is a farce. Fury is just months removed from being a cocaine addict, is training to lose weight rather than build resistance, work on his skills and be "boxing fit". All the while Wilder hasnt fought his number one contender and is picking a guy unranked by 3 of the 4 organisations.

I mean, both guys are trying hard to promote it and it may be a fun fight if Fury comes to fight but it's like watching the b leagues while AJ is in the premiership.

Fair points. I just think the fight is a farce. Fury is just months removed from being a cocaine addict, is training to lose weight rather than build resistance, work on his skills and be "boxing fit". All the while Wilder hasnt fought his number one contender and is picking a guy unranked by 3 of the 4 organisations.

I mean, both guys are trying hard to promote it and it may be a fun fight if Fury comes to fight but it's like watching the b leagues while AJ is in the premiership.

That's quiet the accusation, am not sure where you got that from? anyhow Fury is not months removed from those well known issues; he suffered depression, personal and mental health issues well over a year ago and it took a monumental effort to get himself in a position where he was able to return in the ring in June this year. No denying that there ought to be question marks regarding his mental frame of mind but to suggest he is still abusing drugs and alcohol or is months removed from that is ignorant when we have seen him shed 135 lb in 9-10 months and managed to get 2 fight training camps behind him during that time. It's truly inspirational to see him even step in the ring let alone challenge for the world heavyweight title. There are many who will be very judgemental but there are even more who support him.

Boxing is no joke sport, Fury had issues but from his amateur days to the pro level the man sacrificed everything for the sport and didn't enjoy a young lads life, he had always been driven by achievements and when he literally made Wladmir who was unbeaten for over 10 years look like a novice that too in Germany what more was there to achieve after becoming the lineal champion ? on top of that there wasn't as much appreciation for this as there should be and he constantly also has to deal with abuse on social media. When you combine all these factors it's not hard to see how he fell off, we're all human.

But lets stick to the Boxing, am not sure what makes you think sparring and Boxing drills do not make you lose weight; you got to be kidding me if you believe Fury has been preparing for his comeback entirely by hitting the treadmill and cross trainer lol Assuming that's all he is doing, the man has the highest in-ring IQ of the Heavyweight division. I agree that he may not be 100% match fit but after each camp he has had so far you can see a noticeable improvement.

You also state that Fury is un-ranked by various organisations, but three of the most objective ranking systems available by consensus rank Fury in their top 10. Boxrec have him at no.4, TBRB at no.8 and Th RING at no.7. As far as alphabet bodies are concerned, the most prestigious body in the WBC rank him at no.3. What these organisations have a great respect for is his Lineal status, he remains the man who beat the man and no Heavyweight can truly be considered no.1 until they defeat him. This fight ultimately does determine who the best Heavyweight is on the planet and that can not be disputed.

Wilder had been holding out for Anthony Joshua, his team never intended to face him this year and had the Povetkin fight in place; Wilder during this period beat Ortiz who is a tougher opponent then Whyte and so is Tyson Fury. No one can confidently tell me they will be placing a couple of hundred quid on Wilder to win, this is the first time in a while where two genuine big men are going toe to toe. Yes Fury may not be 100% or at least a couple of training camps from being match fit but if anyone can pull this off it is him, his boxing ability is severely under appreciated. It's the most dangerous fight for Wilder outside Anthony Joshua.

If Fury/Wilder are B league and we ignore these two names, what is the bigger premiership fight, AJ/Whyte ? AJ/Miller ? I don't think anyone can say that with a straight face. Fury is tougher opponent for AJ compared to every Heavyweight outside Wilder even in this moment. In a sport where the best rarely fight the best and let business get in the way of things we should appreciate a genuine super fight which sells itself beyond this amazing build up, there are some who complain but would they rather sit though some extremely dull match room press conferences?

There is no doubt that AJ / Wilder are the two best Heavyweights in the division , but even now Fury is up there despite not being 100% match fit; I can't confidently pick other Heavyweights to dethrone him outside AJ and Wilder.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=129948]Bilal7[/MENTION] [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] [MENTION=131867]London_Lahori[/MENTION]

Amir Khan / Brook is 100% on early next year, they have agreed to a weight; the fight will be at 147 lb with a re-hydration clause of 10 lb. Kell has complained about the weight despite signing the contract but he was a world champion at 147 lb just 2 fights ago and that too he held the IBF world title who are the only alphabet title to have a 10 lb re-hydration clause as well, rest assured he would still be fighting at that weight if he did not lose his world championship by quitting before his own fans vs Spence. And Kell himself is a very small 154 pounder which is the division he moved up to, the 147 limit is ideal for both boxers.

Unfortunately, the Manny fight is not on and he has not shown enough interest in facing Amir. What do you guys think of AK / Brook fight and predictions ?

Is Wilder the Afridi/Sehwag of boxing? Been looking into boxing recently and people are quite divided on his place in history. Has a strong right hand but no footwork or anything.

Is Wilder the Afridi/Sehwag of boxing? Been looking into boxing recently and people are quite divided on his place in history. Has a strong right hand but no footwork or anything.

I think his boxing ability is under rated, if the late great emanuel steward rates you then you must be good (there is a video of him prophesying Fury and Wilder as great world champions having worked with them long before either had peaked). People also forget that he was an Olympic medalist in 2008 which goes to show you that his fundamentals are sound, what I will say though is that he can be reckless especially when he smells blood, but that's also what makes him such a ruthless finisher. However, underestimate his boxing pedigree at your peril; he is no technician but has a very snappy jab which is not easy to take away unless you're light on your feet and can match him for reach.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Our silence is killing us.<br><br>Every week, 84 men in the UK take their own lives. <br>The majority will have suffered in silence or tried to self-medicate themselves...and failed. <br>Many men are too embarrassed to admit to themselves. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WorldMentalHealthDay?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WorldMentalHealthDay</a> <a href="https://t.co/8veGjDfHUL">pic.twitter.com/8veGjDfHUL</a></p>— Brian Wood MC (@BrianWoodMC) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrianWoodMC/status/1049928844252250112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">10 October 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"Only the very best and very biggest will find a way to beat him"

Tony Bellew pays tribute to Oleksandr Usyk after the eighth round stoppage at the Manchester Arena.

This Usyk is some fighter. Superb.

"Only the very best and very biggest will find a way to beat him"

Tony Bellew pays tribute to Oleksandr Usyk after the eighth round stoppage at the Manchester Arena.

This Usyk is some fighter. Superb.

Outstanding fight, Bellew shocked the world by out-boxing Usyk and was ahead on two of the judges cards at the time of the stoppage; Usyk though made the adjustments to cope with Bellew's evasiveness by throwing a looping left from the side rather then straight down the middle; and that ultimately won him the fight, moreover the pressure from Usyk paid dividends in the ends because it forced Bellew to work so much harder compared to a pace he would normally be use to and that slowed him down plus it was his first fight back at Cruserweight after a while as well.

Usyk is extremely special and there is no challenge for him at this weight, I actually see him up there with the all time greats at Cruser alongside David Haye and Evander Holyfield, he is arguably the greatest of them all. A move up to heavyweight is imminent, but I hope he eases into the division before taking on any of the champions; up a division he will find stiffer tests given how he approaches facing guys who are much bigger then him because no one can be able to compete with his skill levels apart from a match fit Tyson Fury who along with Lomachenko and Terence Crawford is among the best P4P technicians in the world, we can add Usyk to that list to, undisputed champ in just 15 fights to go along with a glittering amateur career which includes Olympic Gold; what a time to be a Boxing fan right now.

Last edited:
Oleksandr Usyk remains in cruise control, but it wasn't all smooth sailing before he knocked out Tony Bellew in the eighth round Saturday night.

The undisputed world cruiserweight champion defended the WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO titles after delivering a devastating finish with a left to Bellew's jaw at Manchester Arena in England.

But Usyk had to turn the fight around -- two judges had Bellew ahead at the time of the stoppage, while the other had it even -- in the first fight in Britain with all four world title belts on the line.

Usyk (16-0, 12 KO's) only became dominant after Bellew (30-3-1, 20 KO's) had won the earlier rounds, and the champion was well in control at the time of pulling off a spectacular knockout.

After winning Saturday night in Manchester, Oleksandr Usyk's sights likely will shift to the heavyweight division and Anthony Joshua. Richard Heathcote/Getty Images

Defeat is likely to end Bellew's career after the English boxer said before the fight he hoped it would be his last, whatever the outcome. But for Usyk, bigger things and bigger opponents await in the heavyweight division. The Ukrainian is running out of options at cruiserweight, and the Bellew win underlined his dominance there.

Stepping up to heavyweight, however, would present more difficult challenges. Usyk's ultimate goal is to face WBA-IBF-WBO world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, of England, and Usyk is co-promoted by Matchroom Sport, which also guides Joshua.

"I had the most difficult year in my life, now I want to relax and spend time with my family and after that I will think about the future," Usyk said. "We need to put goals in front of us and move towards them."

Added Alexander Krassyuk of K2 Promotions, which co-promotes Usyk with Matchroom: "He definitely needs to fight Anthony Joshua."

Bellew faded at the halfway point and Usyk began to land more punches before the finish.

"I tried to go for it because I thought I was behind," Bellew said. "He's a brilliant fighter, he's hard to pin down. I fought the very, very best, and he's just better than me.

"Usyk is pound-for-pound material, the best I've ever fought. Anyone who fights him is in trouble.

"That's definitely the end [of my career]."

Bellew, who turns 36 later this month, had shelved retirement plans for a shot at greatness, and briefly reigned as WBC cruiserweight champion in 2016. The Liverpool boxer then stepped up to heavyweight to twice stop former WBA world heavyweight champion David Haye -- but this upset bid proved too big to pull off as Usyk belatedly got into his stride, with his polished boxing taking control of the contest. It was a valiant effort from Bellew, and he went out on his shield.

Usyk impressed the previous time he was on the big stage in the U.K. -- he won heavyweight gold at the 2012 London Olympics -- and then showed his undeniable class in winning July's World Boxing Super Series, an eight-man knockout tournament, which enabled him to unify the world title belts.

Usyk, who has now fought in seven countries as a professional, impressed again with how he recovered in the fight and in executing a clinical finish.

After a non-eventful opener, Bellew shouted at Usyk to engage, and he kept the champion from getting into a rhythm. Bellew landed a cuffing right in the second round, and in the third the challenger landed another straight right through the guard. It was not the start Usyk would have hoped for, but he was better in the fourth round and buckled Bellew's legs with a left. Usyk, 31, kept pressing and deserved to win the fourth, but Bellew was full of confidence and dangerous with countershots.

Usyk's quick hands caught Bellew in the fifth round, and his legs stiffened momentarily from a left hand. Bellew was unraveling and got careless at the end of the sixth, allowing Usyk to land a big hook before dominating the seventh.

Bellew spent much of the seventh round backed up on the ropes as Usyk's punches began to flow better. In the eighth round, Usyk was well into his rhythm, and Bellew was taking punches flush before the Ukrainian landed a looping left hook.

Bellew fell back through the ropes, his head snapping back off the bottom rope, and his senses scrambled. The count was waved off as he got to his feet, signalling the end of his career.

Crolla, Burns continue revivals

Anthony Crolla and Ricky Burns, opponents just over a year ago, kept themselves in the frame for big fights with victories on Saturday's undercard at Manchester Arena.

Crolla (34-6-3, 13 KO's) unanimously outpointed Daud Yordan (38-4, 26 KO's) in an eliminator for the WBA world lightweight title, held by Usyk's training partner and fellow Ukrainian Vasyl Lomachenko -- who is regarded as the world's best boxer in any weight division.

"I will never disrespect Vasyl Lomachenko by calling him out, but if I'm mandatory challenger you never know it could happen," Crolla said. "I would love to have it."

Former WBA world lightweight champion Crolla, who had big support in front of his home fans in Manchester, earned scores of 116-112 from all three judges.

It was an absorbing fight, without any dramatic moments, and Indonesia's Yordan gave Crolla problems when he applied more pressure in the second round, but Crolla did better work from close range in the third.

Crolla, 31, dictated the fourth and fifth rounds, throwing plenty of left hooks to the body, but Jordan was better in the sixth. In the latter rounds, Crolla was more in control -- but Lomachenko, if a fight happens, would be an entirely different challenge.

Burns (43-7-1, 15 KO's), 35, was a level above Scott Cardle (23-3-1, 7 KO's), as he showed great technique to floor and finish his British rival with a right hand in the third round.

Scotland's first three-weight world champion, Burns needed a win to revive his career after back-to-back points defeats last year to Crolla and Julius Indongo, whom he lost to in a world super-lightweight title unification fight. And Burns delivered, after he immediately established his jab in the first round and then repeatedly caught Cardle with the right hand.

"Hopefully there are still some big fights out there for me," Burns said.

England's Josh Kelly will face a step up in class after recording a first-round stoppage win to extend his record to 8-0 (6 KO's). The unbeaten welterweight, who quickly disposed of Argentina's Walter Castillo (13-3, 3 KO's), will face David Avanesyan, of Russia, who last year was outpointed by Lamont Peterson for the WBA world title, at the Sheffield Arena on Dec. 8.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/25237013/oleksandr-usyk-defeats-tony-bellew

Tony Bellew said his boxing career was "over" but insisted he had surpassed his dreams and "won in life" during an emotional news conference following defeat by Oleksandr Usyk.

Bellew, 35, briefly said he felt a "failure" because of his eighth-round stoppage defeat against the undisputed cruiserweight world champion.

Wife Rachael instantly shouted from the back of the news conference that he "hadn't failed at all", while Bellew's father also yelled words of praise.

ADVERTISEMENT

"It's definitely over, you'll not see me in a ring again," said a sobbing Bellew.

"Now I just want to be normal, so please leave me alone.

"No one who knows me calls me Tony, I've always been Anthony to them. Tony Bellew exists for these cameras really. Tony Bellew died tonight, it's Anthony that's left.

"I have won. I sit here as a loser, heartbroken, but I have won in life. When I was expelled in school, I had nothing, with nowhere to go. Now my family are millionaires. I never dreamed this would be possible."

Bellew stopped by undisputed cruiserweight champion Usyk
Hard-working Crolla wins WBA world title eliminator
Burns stops Cardle in third round
Relive Usyk's victory over Bellew as it happened
'I'm proud of you son'

BBC Sport graphic
A win over Usyk would have made Bellew the first Briton to hold four world titles in a weight division.

During a 40-minute news conference, he began to cry when thanking his mother and father, who he cites as his motivation during years as a young boxer. His dad shouted he was the "best son", adding: "I'm proud of you lad."

Trainer Dave Coldwell fought back tears when stating his fighter was part of "the best five years" of his life, while promoter Eddie Hearn pointed to moments where Bellew's career was on a knife-edge long before he realised his dream of becoming a world champion in 2016.

"Tonight, I watched a great fighter," said Hearn. "Someone who has improved so much. He has gone from being not at world level as we saw when he fought Nathan Cleverly in 2014, to elite level. We are so proud of this man and what he has achieved."

'No excuses - Usyk may be the best ever'

BBC Sport graphic
In his last three outings, Usyk has now beaten Latvia's Mairis Bredis in Riga, Russia's Murat Gassiev in Moscow and Britain's Bellew in Manchester, earning and defending the IBF, WBA, WBO and WBC titles in the process.

He was priced as short as 1-7 with some bookmakers. But Bellew's eye-catching start saw him lead on two of the three judges' scorecards when the stoppage arrived, prompting him to concede: "I got tired for the first time in my career."

He insisted moments of showboating in the ring were designed to frustrate his opponent rather than influence the sold-out crowd, while Usyk later admitted he was working hard not to be drawn into "fighting" rather than "boxing" early in the contest.

Bellew added: "No excuses, I won't make any. I lost to the best fighter I have ever faced. I am not weight drained. He was awkward, intelligent. He fell for my traps a few times. But ultimately he got me.

"He is potentially the greatest cruiserweight that's ever lived. For me it is always Evander Holyfield but Usyk's done what no other cruiserweight has ever done by having all four belts."

'Boxing's changed in 11 years'

Usyk's immediate reaction to his win was to state he needs time off to recover from his "most difficult" year in boxing.

The 31-year-old - who has four wins in 14 months - said it was "too early" to threaten moving up a division for a shot at unified world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua.

Bellew believes Joshua's extra size will prove too much for Usyk if the two London 2012 Olympic gold medal winners were to meet.

Bellew also outlined how both he and the sport had changed during his 11 years as a professional.

"When I was turning pro the excitement wasn't there, even for gold medallists," added Bellew.

"Now football stadiums are being sold out. Boxing in this country is at an all-time high.

"I was mouthy early on as I wanted to make money. No one wants to pay to see two men shake hands. It took a lunatic to get people excited - it showed how irrelevant boxing was becoming.

"Thanks to Eddie and Joshua it is mainstream again. I'm glad people got to see the other side of me.

"Tonight I tried a final step and I will be able to live with that forever. Had I not taken it, it would have always been a question of 'was I good enough?'"

Analysis - Could Usyk topple Joshua at heavyweight?

Anthony Joshua
Oleksandr Usyk said it is "too early" to move up to heavyweight to fight WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO world champion Anthony Joshua
Former world super-middleweight champion Richie Woodhall:

I think Oleksandr Usyk being 6ft 3in and Anthony Joshua being 6ft 6in would make it a tough ask.

Tony Bellew showed the blueprint of how to beat him, and I think AJ would beat him. Cruiserweights have moved up and won titles in the past but you have to be a special boxer. Usyk is a special boxer but against AJ or a Tyson Fury at 6ft 9in it is a very tough ask.

I think Usyk would beat most heavyweights out there, but against Anthony Joshua I am not so sure. I would go for Joshua.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/46167905

Outstanding fight, Bellew shocked the world by out-boxing Usyk and was ahead on two of the judges cards at the time of the stoppage; Usyk though made the adjustments to cope with Bellew's evasiveness by throwing a looping left from the side rather then straight down the middle; and that ultimately won him the fight, moreover the pressure from Usyk paid dividends in the ends because it forced Bellew to work so much harder compared to a pace he would normally be use to and that slowed him down plus it was his first fight back at Cruserweight after a while as well.

Usyk is extremely special and there is no challenge for him at this weight, I actually see him up there with the all time greats at Cruser alongside David Haye and Evander Holyfield, he is arguably the greatest of them all. A move up to heavyweight is imminent, but I hope he eases into the division before taking on any of the champions; up a division he will find stiffer tests given how he approaches facing guys who are much bigger then him because no one can be able to compete with his skill levels apart from a match fit Tyson Fury who along with Lomachenko and Terence Crawford is among the best P4P technicians in the world, we can add Usyk to that list to, undisputed champ in just 15 fights to go along with a glittering amateur career which includes Olympic Gold; what a time to be a Boxing fan right now.

MEN was rocking , the atmosphere looked great from the TV set. I think it was a bit of shock to all, how well Bellew started. He found his range, kept the distance at perfect length and timed his shots well, esp to the body. However it was just a matter of time before the skilled Usyk got rid of the nerves and started to hone his skills , although was a little surprised he got the KO.

Undoubtedly a brilliant technician with a great chin who is too good for the division. I think he could fight the winner of Whyte/Chisora in his step up to the heavyweight division. If he can get through this, he may then fight Fury or Wilder. I can actually see him winning the title because his skills are so good, he will win rounds against anyone.

MEN was rocking , the atmosphere looked great from the TV set. I think it was a bit of shock to all, how well Bellew started. He found his range, kept the distance at perfect length and timed his shots well, esp to the body. However it was just a matter of time before the skilled Usyk got rid of the nerves and started to hone his skills , although was a little surprised he got the KO.

Undoubtedly a brilliant technician with a great chin who is too good for the division. I think he could fight the winner of Whyte/Chisora in his step up to the heavyweight division. If he can get through this, he may then fight Fury or Wilder. I can actually see him winning the title because his skills are so good, he will win rounds against anyone.

It's one hell of an arena I've been there a few times now, hopefully more fights are held there. I was certain Bellew would do much better then Gassiev and potentially even knock Usyk down but did not expect him to get off to that start, his ring generalship is a bit under rated but to be fair he is a late bloomer and came into his own during his 30s, I don't know who his advisers are but having won ABA titles at heavyweight it was shocking to see him enter the LHW ranks as a pro. Still, he didn't have natural abilty but maximised what he did have combined with ring smarts to punch above is weight. Usyk though is just so attentive and countered the evasiveness with his body work to set up the looping left, it also helped that Bellew had gassed by the 6th.

He needs to ease in to the HW division, I to can see him beating some of the top champions providing he is patient. Only acid test for him would be a match fit Fury.

It's one hell of an arena I've been there a few times now, hopefully more fights are held there. I was certain Bellew would do much better then Gassiev and potentially even knock Usyk down but did not expect him to get off to that start, his ring generalship is a bit under rated but to be fair he is a late bloomer and came into his own during his 30s, I don't know who his advisers are but having won ABA titles at heavyweight it was shocking to see him enter the LHW ranks as a pro. Still, he didn't have natural abilty but maximised what he did have combined with ring smarts to punch above is weight. Usyk though is just so attentive and countered the evasiveness with his body work to set up the looping left, it also helped that Bellew had gassed by the 6th.

He needs to ease in to the HW division, I to can see him beating some of the top champions providing he is patient. Only acid test for him would be a match fit Fury.

Whyte has said he will struggle at heavyweight but I disagree as his technique will be very awkward for any fighter to adjust too. Sure in this division he needs to step up his defence as KO's are the norm but he has a good chin and a good boxing brain.

In other news ...

Amir and Kell discuss the fight which never seems to take place.

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018/11/11/exclusive-amir-khan-kell-brook-ringside/

I dont understand the issue with Brook, accept the 10 pound rehydration clause, fight at 147 and get it on. Brook and even Khan likely now wont get any bigger money making fight again. Im not sure who Brook is fighting in December but he needs to win and win in spectacular fashion to raise more interest i him.

Whyte has said he will struggle at heavyweight but I disagree as his technique will be very awkward for any fighter to adjust too. Sure in this division he needs to step up his defence as KO's are the norm but he has a good chin and a good boxing brain.

In other news ...

Amir and Kell discuss the fight which never seems to take place.

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018/11/11/exclusive-amir-khan-kell-brook-ringside/

I dont understand the issue with Brook, accept the 10 pound rehydration clause, fight at 147 and get it on. Brook and even Khan likely now wont get any bigger money making fight again. Im not sure who Brook is fighting in December but he needs to win and win in spectacular fashion to raise more interest i him.

I agree with you bro, my only concern is that I hope Usyk does not jump straight into a big fight with anyone in the top 20 and get a feel of the weight, we saw what happened to Loma against Linares but as you know in HW boxing one such knock down could be the lasting one of a fight.

Either way am 100% sure the fight will happen early next year with all the propaganda from sky and matchroom plus Manny has turned down the Amir fight, Kell got no where else to go and the money must be too good for Amir as well even though there are other options for him. I don't want to see Amir take this fight I just don't, he is past it now and Kell will time him, Amir doesn't move so effortlessly like he use to and is even more susceptible defensively. Plus British Boxing fans are already ignorant and dislike Amir, they will somehow accept that Kell had a much better career despite what Amir done for our sport in the UK and will probably enter the hall of fame induction one day. Look at all the love for Bellew, don't get me wrong he is a nice fella and was a good fighter who became champ but compared to Amir he is levels below yet gets more love, the same morons will pump their chests even more when Kell knocks out Amir.

Brook is fighting a guy who strips part time in Australia lol

I agree with you bro, my only concern is that I hope Usyk does not jump straight into a big fight with anyone in the top 20 and get a feel of the weight, we saw what happened to Loma against Linares but as you know in HW boxing one such knock down could be the lasting one of a fight.

Either way am 100% sure the fight will happen early next year with all the propaganda from sky and matchroom plus Manny has turned down the Amir fight, Kell got no where else to go and the money must be too good for Amir as well even though there are other options for him. I don't want to see Amir take this fight I just don't, he is past it now and Kell will time him, Amir doesn't move so effortlessly like he use to and is even more susceptible defensively. Plus British Boxing fans are already ignorant and dislike Amir, they will somehow accept that Kell had a much better career despite what Amir done for our sport in the UK and will probably enter the hall of fame induction one day. Look at all the love for Bellew, don't get me wrong he is a nice fella and was a good fighter who became champ but compared to Amir he is levels below yet gets more love, the same morons will pump their chests even more when Kell knocks out Amir.

Brook is fighting a guy who strips part time in Australia lol

You maybe right, it does look like Amir has lost some hunger for the fight game, he should have been fighting in December too as he is coming back to the sport. He had a 3 fight deal with Hearn so perhaps he wants the 3rd to be Brook. I would say his hunger and desire will return if Brook is on the table but his skills may never be the same as they once were. I agree after watching his last fight Brook will be favourite but Amir wants the money so will be happy with the big pay check at the end of his career. His legacy is pretty much guaranteed but will be dented a little if there is a loss to Brook esp if it's a spectacular knockout early in the fight.

Usyk-Bellew
Great fight.
Bellew did well early on, was awkward, did well defensively and landed the best punches, caused Usyk a few problems.

However the coverage was biased. I was watching it on Polish tv and listening to Radio 5 live and they gave Bellew too much credit (heard sky was a joke).

There is no way Bellew was ahead on the scorecards. At best you can give him the opening 3 rounds.

After that Usyk took over, was landing the jab at will, was forcing the pace and was regularly hurting Bellew (knees buckled a few times).
Bellew deserves a lot of credit for taking on the challenge, he easily could have retired after the Haye fights.

As for Khan-Brook, there should be no re-hydration clause, they are not fighting for the IBF title.

You maybe right, it does look like Amir has lost some hunger for the fight game, he should have been fighting in December too as he is coming back to the sport. He had a 3 fight deal with Hearn so perhaps he wants the 3rd to be Brook. I would say his hunger and desire will return if Brook is on the table but his skills may never be the same as they once were. I agree after watching his last fight Brook will be favourite but Amir wants the money so will be happy with the big pay check at the end of his career. His legacy is pretty much guaranteed but will be dented a little if there is a loss to Brook esp if it's a spectacular knockout early in the fight.

True, globally his legacy will not be tarnished at all and especially in America. Only in the UK they will talk rubbish but here the casuals never accepted him regardless of what he did for the sport but majority in Boxing circles have nothing but immense respect. Yeah, it was a 3 fight deal with the 3rd fight being a PPV contest; so with Manny out the running, Brook is all Hearn can really offer Amir and it's the fight he/matchroom/sky have been lobbying and using all their influence/power at the same time. It will happen early March in the Millennium Stadium. That paycheck will be great for Amir but listening to all his interviews it's clear he was desperate to face Manny and was willing to take a cut, the Brook fight is something he is being forced to take due to all the pressure and the money on the table must obviously help, but he wont have that bit between his teeth for this fight because he doesn't respect Kell who will feel like winning the lottery because it will be the first time in his career where he will be getting paid a decent chunk of the change and probably retire soon after, he doesn't have the desire for world level ambitions at 147 or 154.

Usyk-Bellew
Great fight.
Bellew did well early on, was awkward, did well defensively and landed the best punches, caused Usyk a few problems.

However the coverage was biased. I was watching it on Polish tv and listening to Radio 5 live and they gave Bellew too much credit (heard sky was a joke).

There is no way Bellew was ahead on the scorecards. At best you can give him the opening 3 rounds.

After that Usyk took over, was landing the jab at will, was forcing the pace and was regularly hurting Bellew (knees buckled a few times).
Bellew deserves a lot of credit for taking on the challenge, he easily could have retired after the Haye fights.

As for Khan-Brook, there should be no re-hydration clause, they are not fighting for the IBF title.

Commentary is always awful on sky but what I find surprising is how anyone can give Bellew the first 3 rounds and then be shocked that he was up on the judges cards, if you're scoring it even up until the stoppage how can anyone be surprised if Bellew is up by a point or two ? scoring in Boxing is subjective for sure and it's never perfect but in a competitive fight if there is one or two points in it then no one can really complain because it's a reflection of how the fight went down and Bellew did hold his own in the ring there and majority of folk had him either up or scored it even, but the momentum was certainly swinging in Usyk's favour.

Perhaps there shouldn't be a re-hydration clause but Kell has made the 147 limit throughout his entire career and accepted the IBF's re-hydration clause as well, there is no title on the line but believe me if Spence had not beaten him he would still be at 147 and abiding by the 10 lb rule. Furthermore, is it moral for fighters to re-hydrate between 20 - 30 lb when you're fighting at welterweight ? we have weight classes for a reason, if Kell is that uncompatible he is free to face any of the top 154 or 160 pounders. But the IBF should be commended and it isn't safe for fighters to put on ridiculous amounts of weight after the weigh in but it's common practice in the modern era unfortunately.

Commentary is always awful on sky but what I find surprising is how anyone can give Bellew the first 3 rounds and then be shocked that he was up on the judges cards, if you're scoring it even up until the stoppage how can anyone be surprised if Bellew is up by a point or two ? scoring in Boxing is subjective for sure and it's never perfect but in a competitive fight if there is one or two points in it then no one can really complain because it's a reflection of how the fight went down and Bellew did hold his own in the ring there and majority of folk had him either up or scored it even, but the momentum was certainly swinging in Usyk's favour.

Perhaps there shouldn't be a re-hydration clause but Kell has made the 147 limit throughout his entire career and accepted the IBF's re-hydration clause as well, there is no title on the line but believe me if Spence had not beaten him he would still be at 147 and abiding by the 10 lb rule. Furthermore, is it moral for fighters to re-hydrate between 20 - 30 lb when you're fighting at welterweight ? we have weight classes for a reason, if Kell is that uncompatible he is free to face any of the top 154 or 160 pounders. But the IBF should be commended and it isn't safe for fighters to put on ridiculous amounts of weight after the weigh in but it's common practice in the modern era unfortunately.

Sorry a little late to reply here.

I didn't give Bellew the opening 3.
I gave him 1 and 2 but felt 3 was close but clear for Usyk.

After that it was one-sided, i felt Tony was tired and hurt on a regular basis.

Regarding re-hydration, i agree with the IBF and think it would be a better idea if every body followed their rules.

However, they don't so it is ridiculous for Amir to ask Brook to do this for a non-title fight.

It appears as if Khan does not want to give Brook a payday and does not want to lose to him. He is making him jump through hoops.

Brook has been foolish on the other hand, he has sacrificed his career to try and get the Khan fight. He should have been looking to fight other welterweights to test himself.

He obviously got smashed by Golovkin but i thought he gave a good account of himself against an excellent Spence.

Sorry a little late to reply here.

I didn't give Bellew the opening 3.
I gave him 1 and 2 but felt 3 was close but clear for Usyk.

After that it was one-sided, i felt Tony was tired and hurt on a regular basis.

Regarding re-hydration, i agree with the IBF and think it would be a better idea if every body followed their rules.

However, they don't so it is ridiculous for Amir to ask Brook to do this for a non-title fight.

It appears as if Khan does not want to give Brook a payday and does not want to lose to him. He is making him jump through hoops.

Brook has been foolish on the other hand, he has sacrificed his career to try and get the Khan fight. He should have been looking to fight other welterweights to test himself.

He obviously got smashed by Golovkin but i thought he gave a good account of himself against an excellent Spence.

If you gave Bellew the first 2 and felt the 3rd was close, there is no reason to be surprised by cards who had him up by a point or two up until the stoppage.

The idea behind a re-hydration clause is not ridiculous at all title on the line or not, these needs to be implemented across all weight categories. If Kell has a problem with it, he is free to fight at 154 pounds; but why doesn't he? because guys like Hurd and Charlo brothers would eviscerate him and they are also big junior middleweights, he wants Khan because it's a big pay day and a safer fight for him. Amir as the A side is within his right to try and get every advantage possible, if Kell was in the same position he would do the same.

He had his moments against Spence but it ended up being a terrible performance after he quit, it sort of vindicates why his record was so padded and protected to begin with and also why he has chased Khan all this time.

If you gave Bellew the first 2 and felt the 3rd was close, there is no reason to be surprised by cards who had him up by a point or two up until the stoppage.

The idea behind a re-hydration clause is not ridiculous at all title on the line or not, these needs to be implemented across all weight categories. If Kell has a problem with it, he is free to fight at 154 pounds; but why doesn't he? because guys like Hurd and Charlo brothers would eviscerate him and they are also big junior middleweights, he wants Khan because it's a big pay day and a safer fight for him. Amir as the A side is within his right to try and get every advantage possible, if Kell was in the same position he would do the same.

He had his moments against Spence but it ended up being a terrible performance after he quit, it sort of vindicates why his record was so padded and protected to begin with and also why he has chased Khan all this time.

Agree in principle with the idea of a re-hydration clause being implemented across all weights (except heavyweight).

However, in this case, it just looks like a case of Khan saying i don't want to fight you.

To be honest, i don't want this fight to take place, it is 5 years past its sell-by date.

I would want Amir to either retire or fight someone good at 147.

Would like to see Kell test himself at 154 or retire.

Agree in principle with the idea of a re-hydration clause being implemented across all weights (except heavyweight).

However, in this case, it just looks like a case of Khan saying i don't want to fight you.

To be honest, i don't want this fight to take place, it is 5 years past its sell-by date.

I would want Amir to either retire or fight someone good at 147.

Would like to see Kell test himself at 154 or retire.

I was just talking about the idea of a re-hydration close mate but if we look beyond that it is just being used to create hype for the fight, I guarantee you it will happen next year regardless of whether or not Brook accepts the demands; in the end these are all negotiation tactics / buzz words.

But I agree with you to, I have no interest in this fight now; the last time I did was when Kell beat Porter; because it was the one time where he proved himself at the world level while Amir had a superior resume. At that time Kell priced himself out the fight and Khan took on the biggest star in Boxing instead.

Check this out guys, great watch [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

Check this out guys, great watch [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

Excellent watch. It's refreshing to see a boxer who is straight down the line, say what he really feels and doesn't pretend to be someone else.

What are your views on Freddy Roach being in his corner for the fight?

Also

Pacman v Broner?

Excellent watch. It's refreshing to see a boxer who is straight down the line, say what he really feels and doesn't pretend to be someone else.

What are your views on Freddy Roach being in his corner for the fight?

Also

Pacman v Broner?

The addition of Roach is welcomed, he will provide valuable experience in the corner no doubt about that and so will Ricky Hatton who is quiet under rated in my opinion as a trainer and Boxing IQ in general. But make no mistake, Ben Davison is the head trainer; people give him stick and I can see why but he deserves credit for literally saving Tyson's life, listening to him speak about the game and getting a look into his psyche he is very clever and beyond his 25 years of age, a very no none sense individual who is able to adjust with the personality he is dealing with and get serious when required.

Speaking of Roach, he is back with Manny! his health wont allow him to put in the shifts he use to but will be a part of the camp, great to see the two together again after what was a high publicised split orchestrated by the media more then anything. Manny was angry about Roach's comments that had been taken out of context and at the same time Manny was concerned about Roach's health to; some miscommunication led to a bit of distance but neither were bashing each other in interviews which just goes to show how much love they have regardless of whether they agree or disagree.

I think Broner is good form but Manny is a freak of nature, even at his age he will be too much for Broner who is great at putting his combinations together when he lets those hands go and has a very nice tight defence but Manny will cause him problems with speed / movement, Broner these days also fights a bit more flat footed so that will help Manny. Broner has pop and can be sneaky with his counters so Manny will have to be alert but am sure he will get the job done, I am seeing the same look in his eyes as if he's a young man fighting for a world title for the first time in his career; you can see he is just so passionate about Boxing, to still be training at that level having been in the game so long it just goes to show you his hunger, not denying the monetary benefits but he loves Boxing

3 years ago to this day [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] told the sceptical [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] Tyson Fury was going to beat Wladmir in Germany :ashwin

Check this out guys:

I haven't at the moment but it is very acclaimed critically, highly positive reviews.

Olympic chiefs have begun an investigation into the "governance, ethics and financial management" of the International Boxing Association (AIBA).

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) warned AIBA could lose its status as amateur boxing's governing body.

The IOC has also "frozen the planning" for boxing at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.

But it says it will make "all efforts" to ensure boxing features at the Games "regardless of these measures".

One of the IOC's key concerns surrounds Gafur Rakhimov, who was elected as AIBA president this month.

The controversial Uzbek businessman is described by the US Treasury Department as a "key member and associate of a transnational organised criminal network".

The IOC says that creates uncertainty about his role.

Regarding the organisation's finances, auditors have told the IOC "uncertainty still persists about the ability to continue as a going concern".

The IOC has acknowledged progress by AIBA in improving refereeing standards and becoming fully compliant with the World Anti-Doping Agency.

Is boxing at Tokyo 2020 under threat?
The IOC says not, but it has:

Frozen the planning for the Olympic boxing tournament at Tokyo 2020, including official contact between AIBA and the Tokyo 2020
Organising Committee, ticket sales, approval and implementation of a qualification system, test event planning and finalisation of the competition schedule.

Prohibited the use by AIBA of the Olympic properties, including the Olympic rings and Tokyo 2020 logo for any communications/advertising and/or promotional materials.

Former world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko has called for the World Boxing Association (WBA) to replace the AIBA as the federation responsible for organising the Olympic boxing event.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/46398672

Olympic chiefs have begun an investigation into the "governance, ethics and financial management" of the International Boxing Association (AIBA).

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) warned AIBA could lose its status as amateur boxing's governing body.

The IOC has also "frozen the planning" for boxing at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.

But it says it will make "all efforts" to ensure boxing features at the Games "regardless of these measures".

One of the IOC's key concerns surrounds Gafur Rakhimov, who was elected as AIBA president this month.

The controversial Uzbek businessman is described by the US Treasury Department as a "key member and associate of a transnational organised criminal network".

The IOC says that creates uncertainty about his role.

Regarding the organisation's finances, auditors have told the IOC "uncertainty still persists about the ability to continue as a going concern".

The IOC has acknowledged progress by AIBA in improving refereeing standards and becoming fully compliant with the World Anti-Doping Agency.

Is boxing at Tokyo 2020 under threat?
The IOC says not, but it has:

Frozen the planning for the Olympic boxing tournament at Tokyo 2020, including official contact between AIBA and the Tokyo 2020
Organising Committee, ticket sales, approval and implementation of a qualification system, test event planning and finalisation of the competition schedule.

Prohibited the use by AIBA of the Olympic properties, including the Olympic rings and Tokyo 2020 logo for any communications/advertising and/or promotional materials.

Former world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko has called for the World Boxing Association (WBA) to replace the AIBA as the federation responsible for organising the Olympic boxing event.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/46398672

I commend the IOC and while it pains me to say this given all the youngsters who's dreams will be shattered, if cleaning up the sport means eliminating Olympic participation until the games after Tokyo then am all for it. But it looks like the IOC will try their best to incorporate Boxing at Tokyo beyond this, perhaps they will give the WBA an oppourtunity to regulate the competition; right now am willing to give anyone an oppourtunity but the AIBA must be banned for life.

Khan is rumoured to be facing Crawford in March

Poor Brook :))) [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] I hope he never gets a shot to make a big buck because he's not a fighting man.

Amir will happily take less ££££ for the shot at glory given how Crawford is argued as a P4P no.1 and is world champion, Kell has never shown such ambition that's why his career has been a failure.

Amir/Crawford would be a great fight to watch.

Khan is rumoured to be facing Crawford in March

Poor Brook :))) [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] I hope he never gets a shot to make a big buck because he's not a fighting man.

Amir will happily take less ££££ for the shot at glory given how Crawford is argued as a P4P no.1 and is world champion, Kell has never shown such ambition that's why his career has been a failure.

Amir/Crawford would be a great fight to watch.

Poor Special K will be left with cereal at the end of his career! :))

On a serious note, if this gets confirmed what a coup by team Khan! Crawford is a major star in the US and Khan has a chance to win the world title in Madison Square Garden. Interestingly Khan has a much better resume than Crawford so has the experience to beat him. It will come down to Khan's conditioning imo, he needs to be in fit with a lot of stamina and imo he can win by points.

I would just wait for this to be confirmed as Bob Arum is the like the British weather at times, changes in a second.

As for Kell, he needs to fight some names to be sure of a big payday in the near future or he will be go down as a decent but not special British fighter.

Poor Special K will be left with cereal at the end of his career! :))

On a serious note, if this gets confirmed what a coup by team Khan! Crawford is a major star in the US and Khan has a chance to win the world title in Madison Square Garden. Interestingly Khan has a much better resume than Crawford so has the experience to beat him. It will come down to Khan's conditioning imo, he needs to be in fit with a lot of stamina and imo he can win by points.

I would just wait for this to be confirmed as Bob Arum is the like the British weather at times, changes in a second.

As for Kell, he needs to fight some names to be sure of a big payday in the near future or he will be go down as a decent but not special British fighter.

Khan certainly does have the better resume, it's a strange world because if Amir fought as a 140 pounder in this era and Crawford fought as a 140 pounder in Amir's era then the two would be sitting on opposite sides of the table in terms of their P4P standing. This is why Amir's resume is hall of fame worthy and why a talent like Crawford passes the eye test. But Crawford is a dog man lol he is very ruthless and in the prime of his career, Amir would present a challenge but I'd expect him to get stopped late. If it was peak Amir I would predict an Amir UD win but at this stage of his career, not sure his desire is there or the conditioning, I say that because he doesn't take care of himself outside of camp and lives the life of a retired fighter.

Having said that, it's still an interesting fight stylistically and one which will be exciting regardless. It's a no brainer for Amir to take it regardless of his chances because of what is at stake. I think the offer is legit because uncle Bob this time has chased Amir over the past few months, he wouldn't have given him Manny because that's a 50/50 fight, in this fight Crawford would be favourite plus Amir is not a big welterweight either and it would be a good test for Crawford as he grows into the 147 division.

Maybe if Amir took this very very seriously and had more time in camp he could do a lot better then many assume but I doubt it mate, not enough time now and he seems more susceptible defensively then ever

One thing I always see from USA how Amir is held in the highest regard by fighters and a lot more fans compared to here in the UK [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

Kell Brook is fighting a male stripper today :)) Josh Kelly who is one of the best talents I have seen to emerge from the UK in a long time is off the card sadly due to an illness, the undercard will be shown on sky spots youtube channel but there's not a great deal to look forward to, I wanted to see how Josh got on and he is great to watch. Kid Galahad is booked for an 8 rounder but at this stage I have no interest because he should be in a world title fight by now.

As for the main event, Kell to win by KO within 3 rounds.

Man, if Khan fights Crawford I can’t be the only one thinking Khan can pull this off quite easily.

Man, if Khan fights Crawford I can’t be the only one thinking Khan can pull this off quite easily.

If this was 2014 I would give the Amir who fought Alexander a shot vs Crawford but based on his recent performances you can see he isn't the same fighter, do you still think that is still good enough to beat a fighter who many believe is P4P no.1 ? I doubt it personally

Kell Brook went the distance tonight with a very over matched opponent and didn't look great, was a poor performance from him although I wouldn't look too much into it

If this was 2014 I would give the Amir who fought Alexander a shot vs Crawford but based on his recent performances you can see he isn't the same fighter, do you still think that is still good enough to beat a fighter who many believe is P4P no.1 ? I doubt it personally

I used to follow boxing religiously but haven’t watched much recently other than the mega fights. I still don’t believe anyone can out box khan, obviously everyone has a punchers chance against him but the way he took out Alexander who was at that time a very feared southpaw was impressive.

Perhaps you can shed some light on this but does Crawford have 1 punch knockout power or do you believe he will outbox khan?

I used to follow boxing religiously but haven’t watched much recently other than the mega fights. I still don’t believe anyone can out box khan, obviously everyone has a punchers chance against him but the way he took out Alexander who was at that time a very feared southpaw was impressive.

Perhaps you can shed some light on this but does Crawford have 1 punch knockout power or do you believe he will outbox khan?

Crawford is a counter punching technician who can box out of orthodox and southpaw stances, has great lateral foot movement and while not a big big puncher he carries pop in his hands, alongside say Lomachenko and Tyson Fury I'd say he is up there as the most complete boxers in the world, very astute at adapting during a fight. I'd say he is capable of outboxing or knocking Amir out who is past his best form.

Normally I would agree, not many would ever out box him but while Crawford is a slow starter he always works you out. Amir needs to have the best camp of his life and have a plan a and plan b in the ring, but I find it hard to see, he's a bit more flat footed now and he's not use to fighting that way, doesn't move his feet so effortlessly like before, more at risk defensively. Freakish speed will always be there but Crawford will time him in my view and win by knock out but it will be an exciting fight while it lasts and one I still want to watch because even this Amir will probably be the best fighter Crawford has ever fought.

118-110 card in favour of Brook was too wide, it was so much closer then that I could make a case for the Aussie stripper winning. It was similar to Kell/Carson-Jones 1, I didn't score this fight because I thought Kell would win within 3 rounds but no way is 118-110 a reflection of the fight.

Khan is not at his peak and wasn't perfect vs Vargas but he entertained us and you didn't come out that fight thinking he is completely shot. Plus the likes of Greco and Vargas are levels above Kells last few opponents. But this recent showing by Kell must put fans off wanting to see him in a fight with Amir, to be honest I still think it would be action packed but you're not going to be excited for it like before and would rather watch Crawford/Khan.

Great win for Lomachenko over Pedraza today, he was a little gun shy at times coming off a shoulder injury but dominated the fight largely and had a big round 11 scoring 2 knockdowns, some people are overly critical expecting him to decimate every opponent, it's not always going to be so straight forward especially when up against champions but these are the same folk who overly rate fighters. Anyhow Loma is now unified champ and I'd love to see him face Mikey Garcia for the undisputed and lineal championship after he is done with Spence.

Not surprised Kell flattered to deceive again. He is desperate for the Khan fight because he knows that can make his career/payday etc. Khan knows it isn't a fight he really needs or really wants. I dont think he wants to put Kell "over" as they say in wrestling. And anyway i think Khan isnt too keen on the British fans anymore. Its all a means to an end for now.

I think Amir really is not interested in the fight game anymore. He has so much going on outside that his heart is not in it. But this crawford fight, if it happens, could be something that gets him going again. i would have preffered him fighting another fighter before going after crawford later but I guess he doesnt have any options now..Dont think he'll win and will probably retire after this fight if he loses and I hope he does..would be a good slap to Kell lol.

Not surprised Kell flattered to deceive again. He is desperate for the Khan fight because he knows that can make his career/payday etc. Khan knows it isn't a fight he really needs or really wants. I dont think he wants to put Kell "over" as they say in wrestling. And anyway i think Khan isnt too keen on the British fans anymore. Its all a means to an end for now.

I think Amir really is not interested in the fight game anymore. He has so much going on outside that his heart is not in it. But this crawford fight, if it happens, could be something that gets him going again. i would have preffered him fighting another fighter before going after crawford later but I guess he doesnt have any options now..Dont think he'll win and will probably retire after this fight if he loses and I hope he does..would be a good slap to Kell lol.

I agree, ideally he needs another fight or two to best prepare himself. Problem is, even if that were possible, would top rank and Crawford be offering him the fight ? That is the nature of modern Boxing. Fury got his shot vs Wilder, and one of the reasons was because they saw him as easy work given his issues and lay off.

Yeah lmao Amir should mug Eddie Hearn and Kell off, face Crawford then sign with Frank Warren :))) he only has one more fight with matchroom left on his contract

One thing I always see from USA how Amir is held in the highest regard by fighters and a lot more fans compared to here in the UK @<a href="http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/member.php?u=43583" target="_blank">KingKhanWC</a>

For sure if Crawford who is the champ is really wanting to fight Khan because he's a big name, this tells all imo! Amir is all about entertaining people and because he has immense speed and boxing skills the Americans love to see such a fighter. This is why fighting in America leaves you a bigger legacy because you get to fight the best.

Was really disappointed to watch this interview with Hearn. His logic is silly and instead of trying to foolishly justify a Brook v Khan over Crawford he should have said he prefer Brook because he would make more money. He claims fighting Brook will help Amir's legacy over fighting Crawford when he could win the world title again! lol. I had to swith off after a few mins. I haven't watch the Brook fight and probably wont now.

For sure if Crawford who is the champ is really wanting to fight Khan because he's a big name, this tells all imo! Amir is all about entertaining people and because he has immense speed and boxing skills the Americans love to see such a fighter. This is why fighting in America leaves you a bigger legacy because you get to fight the best.

Was really disappointed to watch this interview with Hearn. His logic is silly and instead of trying to foolishly justify a Brook v Khan over Crawford he should have said he prefer Brook because he would make more money. He claims fighting Brook will help Amir's legacy over fighting Crawford when he could win the world title again! lol. I had to swith off after a few mins. I haven't watch the Brook fight and probably wont now.

He's not offering Amir money out of this world to face Brook as it is, Khan is guranteed 5 million to fight Crawford and that is without PPV or the live gate, most likely he would make a figure close to what he did for Canelo. I'd say about 8-9 million, will he make close to 20 million to face Brook as Hearn has said he will make double? more over there is no world title on the line and Brook is not ranked in a P4P top 10. Also, Amir would be the best fighter Crawford has ever fought and the fan reception to this fight in America so far has been positive.

Hearn / Brook keep saying now or never and how oh if you don't take the fight now it means you're afraid that you will lose and the Crawford fight wont be there. By the same logic, why doesn't Brook face Hurd or Charlo ? they are saying beat Brook and then take on Crawford. Firstly, Top rank may not always come to the table and it's not a fight which is always going to be there. Amir is risky for Kell and vice versa but Kell is not willing to face Hurd or Charlo because his pay day is at risk and Amir doesn't want to risk anything when Crawford is knocking on the door, you got two guys on the opposite side and it just proves why they are in that position, one showed ambition in his career and the other never did.

He's not offering Amir money out of this world to face Brook as it is, Khan is guranteed 5 million to fight Crawford and that is without PPV or the live gate, most likely he would make a figure close to what he did for Canelo. I'd say about 8-9 million, will he make close to 20 million to face Brook as Hearn has said he will make double? more over there is no world title on the line and Brook is not ranked in a P4P top 10. Also, Amir would be the best fighter Crawford has ever fought and the fan reception to this fight in America so far has been positive.

Hearn / Brook keep saying now or never and how oh if you don't take the fight now it means you're afraid that you will lose and the Crawford fight wont be there. By the same logic, why doesn't Brook face Hurd or Charlo ? they are saying beat Brook and then take on Crawford. Firstly, Top rank may not always come to the table and it's not a fight which is always going to be there. Amir is risky for Kell and vice versa but Kell is not willing to face Hurd or Charlo because his pay day is at risk and Amir doesn't want to risk anything when Crawford is knocking on the door, you got two guys on the opposite side and it just proves why they are in that position, one showed ambition in his career and the other never did.

I really couldn't understand how Hearn can claim if Khan doesn't fight Brook his legacy will be tarnished. Sure this fight may sell out Wembley but I dont know of many boxing fans who are dying to see this fight. Khan goes and wins v Crawford, once again becomes champion he will be seen as the one of the all time great British fighters alongside Fury imo. If I was Khan I would choose Crawford what a great opportunity it is. Crawford would be favourite but if Khan can be in peak physical condition he could win the fight on points.

I really couldn't understand how Hearn can claim if Khan doesn't fight Brook his legacy will be tarnished. Sure this fight may sell out Wembley but I dont know of many boxing fans who are dying to see this fight. Khan goes and wins v Crawford, once again becomes champion he will be seen as the one of the all time great British fighters alongside Fury imo. If I was Khan I would choose Crawford what a great opportunity it is. Crawford would be favourite but if Khan can be in peak physical condition he could win the fight on points.

He's a weasel desperately trying to sell the fight, no way does it sell Wembley unless both Amir and Kell became champion again. Amir is fed up with those fans in the UK, plus globally his legacy has been ensured and amongst purists, he will be inducted into the hall of fame one day not Kell. I hope Amir does pick Crawford and Bob is very game as well, while Amir is already a britsh great and a borderline ATG; not that I think he will but if he beats Crawford he will cement his status as a modern great and legend of the sport

He's a weasel desperately trying to sell the fight, no way does it sell Wembley unless both Amir and Kell became champion again. Amir is fed up with those fans in the UK, plus globally his legacy has been ensured and amongst purists, he will be inducted into the hall of fame one day not Kell. I hope Amir does pick Crawford and Bob is very game as well, while Amir is already a britsh great and a borderline ATG; not that I think he will but if he beats Crawford he will cement his status as a modern great and legend of the sport

Brook has also agreed to fight at welterweight and accept the rehydration clause . After his performance he would agree to fight in his underwear if required! I think Brook will find it very very difficult to fight anyone decent and to make any decent money from now. Amir is his last hope to earn cash for his future. Sad state of affairs for a one time world champion and I think Amir will snubb him and if he does the fight may never take place. If Amir wins the titile it will never happen and if he loses after a tough fight, he might retire which would be advisable.

Khan probably has one possibly two fights left in him.... If he beats Crawford.... cements his legacy and goes out on a high. I know what I would do...

In any case, brook going nowhere, the fight will always be there if khan loses to Crawford.

After fury wilder match... hearne looks bit of a busted flush. How much longer can Joshua continue to fight old age pensioners..

Totally agree with everything you guys are saying. Amir is highly regarded across the world. His outreach and charity work is lauded. He has plenty of cash and is involved with all sorts of ventures. I can see him getting into the media when he retires too or promotion like Golden Boy. People in the states love a tear up even if he loses. They like his heart. And if he gives Crawford the fright of his life that will be enough to cement his legacy. The British fans are just a bunch of cheap Islamaphobes and racists. The media and promoters are the same. Amir is playing a game here with Hearn and I think Eddie knows it. The reason he isnt saying anything is he knows the Crawford fight will ensure he pockets some big money.

As for Brook well he has one fight in him. I think he made a mistake in going for the GGG fight. He should have moved up the weight classes and won another title but this obsession with "putting Khan in his place" is pathetic. I truly hope Amir gets the Crawford fight and then retires. Becomes a promoter etc and moves on with his life!

Real Boxing fans will always remember his heart and skill. Remember he's been fighting since 2004/2005. When he was a kid. He needs to get away from the UK and go around the world and promote, and do his charity work. The Brit fans dont deserve him.

Totally agree with everything you guys are saying. Amir is highly regarded across the world. His outreach and charity work is lauded. He has plenty of cash and is involved with all sorts of ventures. I can see him getting into the media when he retires too or promotion like Golden Boy. People in the states love a tear up even if he loses. They like his heart. And if he gives Crawford the fright of his life that will be enough to cement his legacy. The British fans are just a bunch of cheap Islamaphobes and racists. The media and promoters are the same. Amir is playing a game here with Hearn and I think Eddie knows it. The reason he isnt saying anything is he knows the Crawford fight will ensure he pockets some big money.

As for Brook well he has one fight in him. I think he made a mistake in going for the GGG fight. He should have moved up the weight classes and won another title but this obsession with "putting Khan in his place" is pathetic. I truly hope Amir gets the Crawford fight and then retires. Becomes a promoter etc and moves on with his life!

Real Boxing fans will always remember his heart and skill. Remember he's been fighting since 2004/2005. When he was a kid. He needs to get away from the UK and go around the world and promote, and do his charity work. The Brit fans dont deserve him.

To be honest mate there are plenty of skummy casual haters across all races in the UK even among Brit Pakistani's at times, but Amir enjoys as much support from all races, creeds and religions in the UK. It depends on region as well, I was at his fight vs Vargas in brum recently and 80-90% were white, black and mixed race folk; Kell was there ring side and boo'd violently lol there were a few near me chanting stuff against Amir but were silenced by the supporters.

In Liverpool he enjoyed amazing sport to and in Manchester he's a bit of an enigma, it's weird because you'd think he would be cheered as a home town hero but often is boo'd and cheered up there. I wouldn't go by the social media it never gives you a big picture but off course there is a large group of vocal casuals who are big dossers. I remember before the Salita fight Amir was fed up with some abuse he had been getting and said if he were white they would cheer for him more, on the day of the fight as he walked up the ramp there were camera shots of the crowd giving him a standard ovation and majority were goreh so you always get a bit of both but he is a superstar at home and in the US. At this stage he is smart enough to utilise the heat and also be more bothered about what he wants to achieve, but I do feel like the Kell fight will happen in 2019 regardless due to the money but in the interim Amir could take on Crawford.

Last edited:
Brook has also agreed to fight at welterweight and accept the rehydration clause . After his performance he would agree to fight in his underwear if required! I think Brook will find it very very difficult to fight anyone decent and to make any decent money from now. Amir is his last hope to earn cash for his future. Sad state of affairs for a one time world champion and I think Amir will snubb him and if he does the fight may never take place. If Amir wins the titile it will never happen and if he loses after a tough fight, he might retire which would be advisable.

:))) Wouldn't surprise me, man this guy has no pride or self respect at all; am not his fan but come on dude you were a world champion at one point, I feel sorry for Kell and pity him

Khan probably has one possibly two fights left in him.... If he beats Crawford.... cements his legacy and goes out on a high. I know what I would do...

In any case, brook going nowhere, the fight will always be there if khan loses to Crawford.

After fury wilder match... hearne looks bit of a busted flush. How much longer can Joshua continue to fight old age pensioners..

Crawford is a monster though am trying to see a way Amir would beat him and it's weird and I never thought I'd say it but his best shot is landing a hail mary and knocking him out ! I don't think Amir can beat him on points and the likely outcome would be a defeat either on points or KO/TKO. However still commend him for taking the fight.

True, the old gun slinger Frank Warren has eddie on the ropes again :)) class is permanent

Perhaps Amir is also using this Crawford offer to his advantage to get a better deal from Hearn to fight Brook and also get some of his demands through. He has made some bad decisions in his career but also has evolved into a shrewd business man, the investments outside the ring also show that now although we wouldn't say that earlier in his career but he was so young then. I've also read from some sources that he could be back with Hunter who is now recovered from the illness, will need confirmation on this but good news if true. I respect Goosen but Hunter and Amir compliment each other and he needs Hunter and his defensive prowess more then ever at this stage of his career.

Brook will wait for Khan as long as Khan wants...he's desperate for that fight...and even if Khan loses to Crawford it doesn't damage the potential for that fight...

This could go the way of Witter/Hatton in that it doesn't happen...or it does...but at this stage is it even interesting anymore...both looked awful in their recent fights...it will still sell...and I still think if Kell can make 147 he wins...

Hurd is a terrible fight for Brook...those brittle eyes of his will get opened up...

On Fury...what a disgraceful bit of judging...

In the heavyweight division now...Fury beats Joshua quite easily imo...
Joshua should beat Wilder but Wilder has that power that can stop anyone...and he can take a shot...thats a gimme fight...

Usyk outboxes Wilder and Joshua...but again if Wilder lands then its game over...

Usyk needs to stay as far away from the gypsy king as possible...

Brook will wait for Khan as long as Khan wants...he's desperate for that fight...and even if Khan loses to Crawford it doesn't damage the potential for that fight...

This could go the way of Witter/Hatton in that it doesn't happen...or it does...but at this stage is it even interesting anymore...both looked awful in their recent fights...it will still sell...and I still think if Kell can make 147 he wins...

Hurd is a terrible fight for Brook...those brittle eyes of his will get opened up...

On Fury...what a disgraceful bit of judging...

In the heavyweight division now...Fury beats Joshua quite easily imo...
Joshua should beat Wilder but Wilder has that power that can stop anyone...and he can take a shot...thats a gimme fight...

Usyk outboxes Wilder and Joshua...but again if Wilder lands then its game over...

Usyk needs to stay as far away from the gypsy king as possible...

Khan wasn't perfect vs Vargas and you can tell is past his peak but I didn't think he was completely shot, it was his first 12 rounder in years as well and Vargas had a full camp behind him, he's no mug either compared to Brook's last 2 opponents. Brook looked beyond awful though it was a very close fight with Zerfarra, he looked so bad it was just a strange strange showing. I wouldn't look too much into either performances but at this stage both are not what they were but that can still make for an exciting fight although am not interested in it. It will happen I guarantee you, Amir is using Crawford to get a better deal from Hearn. It's close to call but Amir is too susceptible defensively, doesn't move laterally so effortlessly like in the past and Brook will time him imo.

Thing is why does Kell get defended so much? he complains about weight to make an excuse for losing the 147 lb title, moves to 154 and then chases a guy who started as a lightweight, it's simple he wants a big pay check and Amir presents the least risk but why is his resume rarely criticised and his lack of ambition ? his fans should welcome the fight with Hurd, he's a 154 pounder after all and it would be a decent challenge for him also in terms of legacy.

One judge in that fight the mexican should never be allowed to work again that was pathetic, but looking back when you're knocked down twice in America as an away fighter then be glad they never gave you an L. But ignoring that it was a special performance from Fury who we can argue is an ATG HW, just beat Wilder and Wlad at the top of their game although didn't get the nod for Wilder, I want to see the rematch because of that more then any other HW fight right now.

AJ / Wilder is 50 / 50 but I just thing Wilder chins him, AJ has been rustled by smaller heavyweights in terms of height / reach like Takam and Povetkin plus is not evasive, unless he puts on his dancing shoes he will be easier for Wilder to hit compared to Fury.

You really think Usyk would out box AJ or Wilder in his debut fight at HW ? if he grows into the weight I would agree with you, but taking those fights as his debut could be too much for him

Usyk I would be more inclined to favour vs Wilder but AJ is just too big for him, he'd need to acclimatise to the weight before I'd be confident about his chances

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] also, thoughts on Chisora / Whyte and Frampton / Warrington ? and which fight would you pay for on the night as they go head 2 head

Khan wasn't perfect vs Vargas and you can tell is past his peak but I didn't think he was completely shot, it was his first 12 rounder in years as well and Vargas had a full camp behind him, he's no mug either compared to Brook's last 2 opponents. Brook looked beyond awful though it was a very close fight with Zerfarra, he looked so bad it was just a strange strange showing. I wouldn't look too much into either performances but at this stage both are not what they were but that can still make for an exciting fight although am not interested in it. It will happen I guarantee you, Amir is using Crawford to get a better deal from Hearn. It's close to call but Amir is too susceptible defensively, doesn't move laterally so effortlessly like in the past and Brook will time him imo.

Thing is why does Kell get defended so much? he complains about weight to make an excuse for losing the 147 lb title, moves to 154 and then chases a guy who started as a lightweight, it's simple he wants a big pay check and Amir presents the least risk but why is his resume rarely criticised and his lack of ambition ? his fans should welcome the fight with Hurd, he's a 154 pounder after all and it would be a decent challenge for him also in terms of legacy.

One judge in that fight the mexican should never be allowed to work again that was pathetic, but looking back when you're knocked down twice in America as an away fighter then be glad they never gave you an L. But ignoring that it was a special performance from Fury who we can argue is an ATG HW, just beat Wilder and Wlad at the top of their game although didn't get the nod for Wilder, I want to see the rematch because of that more then any other HW fight right now.

AJ / Wilder is 50 / 50 but I just thing Wilder chins him, AJ has been rustled by smaller heavyweights in terms of height / reach like Takam and Povetkin plus is not evasive, unless he puts on his dancing shoes he will be easier for Wilder to hit compared to Fury.

You really think Usyk would out box AJ or Wilder in his debut fight at HW ? if he grows into the weight I would agree with you, but taking those fights as his debut could be too much for him

Yeh that judge that gave the first 4 rounds to Wilder was corrupt as hell...

As for Usyk... Nah I don't think he should fight a big gun yet... Acclimatise... He's tall and he's got good reach... He has good enough dimensions to grow into the weight... And his skills are off the chart...

Wilder if he lands on AJ wins and as you said AJs defence is nowhere near as good as furys... But wilders chin isn't great either... Molina, sconiers and Ortiz all had Wilder hurt... Its not going 12 between these two...

As for Kell he's boring everyone wifh his constant quest for Khan... A bit like Kha s quest for Floyd... Kell wants an easy payday now... And he's wasted himself...

Brook was a class fighter... He was very good against Spence who is gonna be class... Just at this stage of his career Hurd isn't the fight for him...

A couple years ago I would have given Brook a good chance of doing damage at 154 but he's damaged goods now...

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] also, thoughts on Chisora / Whyte and Frampton / Warrington ? and which fight would you pay for on the night as they go head 2 head

Warrington beat a bad version of Selby so I'm gonna go with Frampton...

As for Del and Whyte... True pick em fight... Del blows so hot and cold... If he's up for it I reckon he takes it...

How about you?

Yeh that judge that gave the first 4 rounds to Wilder was corrupt as hell...

As for Usyk... Nah I don't think he should fight a big gun yet... Acclimatise... He's tall and he's got good reach... He has good enough dimensions to grow into the weight... And his skills are off the chart...

Wilder if he lands on AJ wins and as you said AJs defence is nowhere near as good as furys... But wilders chin isn't great either... Molina, sconiers and Ortiz all had Wilder hurt... Its not going 12 between these two...

As for Kell he's boring everyone wifh his constant quest for Khan... A bit like Kha s quest for Floyd... Kell wants an easy payday now... And he's wasted himself...

Brook was a class fighter... He was very good against Spence who is gonna be class... Just at this stage of his career Hurd isn't the fight for him...

A couple years ago I would have given Brook a good chance of doing damage at 154 but he's damaged goods now...

Usyk is rumoured for AJ on April 13th but I wouldn't take that fight just yet. Wilder has been hurt in fights but he kept going, his punch resistance is strangely very good for a 15 stone guy and he has a lot of heart.

Amir was mandatory for Floyd a guy who also was P4P no.1 but beyond that he made his money and had a great career / resume. Kell on the other hand never displayed enough ambition, this is why I doubt he'd do well at the elite/world level, he has ability but lacks heart. Outside a solitary win over 1 world champion out of 40 fights his record makes for very poor reading, he has no belief in himself; this is why Khan takes precedence over world titles and legacy from day one.

He is mandatory for Hurd apparently.

Warrington beat a bad version of Selby so I'm gonna go with Frampton...

As for Del and Whyte... True pick em fight... Del blows so hot and cold... If he's up for it I reckon he takes it...

How about you?

Selby was weight drained but it was still good performance, he showed that he can fight of the front and back, very good ring IQ; Frampton is a class above but I don't think this will be an easy fight for him. As for Selby, feel sorry for how he was avoided at his peak; 130 lb is packed will be interesting to see how he gets on.

I agree with you on Del / Whyte, it's another pick em. Del has been training hard and is so motivated, Whyte had no reason to take this but he's a warrior. Am going to buy the Warrington / Frampton PPV though, Billy Joe is booked for it to

The fight is defo on early 2019, this is all hype; expect Brook to get personal as well

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"I'm not interested in Tyson Fury - he's not the champion."<br><br>Anthony Joshua has revealed his future plans.... and Fury won't be happy.<br><br>More: <a href="https://t.co/zCgG9rFFfs">https://t.co/zCgG9rFFfs</a> <a href="https://t.co/itzjqVxNrY">pic.twitter.com/itzjqVxNrY</a></p>— BBC Sport (@BBCSport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1073607294548619264?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 14, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Usyk is rumoured for AJ on April 13th but I wouldn't take that fight just yet. Wilder has been hurt in fights but he kept going, his punch resistance is strangely very good for a 15 stone guy and he has a lot of heart.

Amir was mandatory for Floyd a guy who also was P4P no.1 but beyond that he made his money and had a great career / resume. Kell on the other hand never displayed enough ambition, this is why I doubt he'd do well at the elite/world level, he has ability but lacks heart. Outside a solitary win over 1 world champion out of 40 fights his record makes for very poor reading, he has no belief in himself; this is why Khan takes precedence over world titles and legacy from day one.

He is mandatory for Hurd apparently.

Wilder showed a lot during the Ortiz fight... He's fun to watch...but Joshua is a much better fighter... What wouldn't surprise me though is that Joshua rocks Wilder early... But Wilder survives... Joshua gases and then Wilder lands his big shot...

Yeh Brook has wasted his career... But to his credit he fought Spence... And he fought GGG... And didn't disgrace himself... Porter is a legit win...

Just too many cans though...

Khan though doesn't have much on his resume either tbf... Kotelnik which noone really rates him for anymore... His big win is Maidana... Which is a legit win... What else is there?...hes lost to Canelo and Garcia his big step up fights...

Enjoy the PPV...

Wilder showed a lot during the Ortiz fight... He's fun to watch...but Joshua is a much better fighter... What wouldn't surprise me though is that Joshua rocks Wilder early... But Wilder survives... Joshua gases and then Wilder lands his big shot...

Yeh Brook has wasted his career... But to his credit he fought Spence... And he fought GGG... And didn't disgrace himself... Porter is a legit win...

Just too many cans though...

Khan though doesn't have much on his resume either tbf... Kotelnik which noone really rates him for anymore... His big win is Maidana... Which is a legit win... What else is there?...hes lost to Canelo and Garcia his big step up fights...

Enjoy the PPV...

I give Kell credit for the Porter win and for facing Spence / GGG, but he desperately tried to avoid Spence and only fought GGG out of desperation when Khan fought Canelo. Also, he had his moments vs Spence but literally quit, Bellew is from his stable but listen to his views on air when he did that.

Khan has an under rated resume, he's fought close to 15 world champions and beaten about 10. At 140 lb he fought the best available opponents in the top 10 at the time Kotelnik who was highly regarded / Olympian but prematurely retired after, some robberies, Judah, Malignagi, Maidana, Peterson and Garcia; Bradley fight did not materialise however but Amir was consistently ranked inside the top 3 in the division and enteres the P4P ranking after beating Maidana.

At 147, he did chase Floyd too long but still fought former world champions. Beat a diaz who robbed vs porter, Collazo was not a spring chicken but he was beaten compatibly and then would go on to give Thurman problems, people said styles make fights after Amir beat Alexander but prior to the fight it was a pick em and that was reflected in the odds, Amir had one of the best camps of his career and just made it look so easy on the night.

It's a hall of fame resume, fought the best available, didn't stay in the UK and went USA, in total beat 10 world champions, became unified champion and was never in a dull fight. Biggest blip was Garcia loss but beyond that it's one hell of a career in pro and amateur. No one is going to seriously criticise Khan or Brook for losing to Canelo/GGG.

It's on the back of that success which enables Kells pay day, if he took more risks and showed similar heart he might have had success as well beyond the world title win.

Yeah, Joshua is sound technically but flat footed to. Wilder will be able to establish his jab and utilise his speed better in this fight, AJ will need to be really tight under his defence and try to move as much as he can, then get Wilder on the counter. It is a close fight this and wouod be great to watch but I want to see Fury / Wilder 2 asap, biggest fight in the HW division right now

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"I'm not interested in Tyson Fury - he's not the champion."<br><br>Anthony Joshua has revealed his future plans.... and Fury won't be happy.<br><br>More: <a href="https://t.co/zCgG9rFFfs">https://t.co/zCgG9rFFfs</a> <a href="https://t.co/itzjqVxNrY">pic.twitter.com/itzjqVxNrY</a></p>— BBC Sport (@BBCSport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1073607294548619264?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 14, 2018</a></blockquote>

AJ was calling Fury out when he was 30 stone, what's the problem now :)) moreover he is being ignorant about the lineal staus and is purely obsessed with alphabet titles. Wladmir didn't win the WBC belt and he's a hall of famer and became lineal after dethroning Ruslan, AJ can't be that naive am sure of it

I give Kell credit for the Porter win and for facing Spence / GGG, but he desperately tried to avoid Spence and only fought GGG out of desperation when Khan fought Canelo. Also, he had his moments vs Spence but literally quit, Bellew is from his stable but listen to his views on air when he did that.

Khan has an under rated resume, he's fought close to 15 world champions and beaten about 10. At 140 lb he fought the best available opponents in the top 10 at the time Kotelnik who was highly regarded / Olympian but prematurely retired after, some robberies, Judah, Malignagi, Maidana, Peterson and Garcia; Bradley fight did not materialise however but Amir was consistently ranked inside the top 3 in the division and enteres the P4P ranking after beating Maidana.

At 147, he did chase Floyd too long but still fought former world champions. Beat a diaz who robbed vs porter, Collazo was not a spring chicken but he was beaten compatibly and then would go on to give Thurman problems, people said styles make fights after Amir beat Alexander but prior to the fight it was a pick em and that was reflected in the odds, Amir had one of the best camps of his career and just made it look so easy on the night.

It's a hall of fame resume, fought the best available, didn't stay in the UK and went USA, in total beat 10 world champions, became unified champion and was never in a dull fight. Biggest blip was Garcia loss but beyond that it's one hell of a career in pro and amateur. No one is going to seriously criticise Khan or Brook for losing to Canelo/GGG.

It's on the back of that success which enables Kells pay day, if he took more risks and showed similar heart he might have had success as well beyond the world title win.

It's names but not HOF status bro... Not even close...

Alexander in real terms lost to Kotelnik and Mathysse to go with his official losses to Porter and Bradley... His only memorable performance was outclassing Maidana...

Porter had an off day against Diaz and beat him comfortably the second time... Thurman treated him like the can he was... Diaz is like Kells usual Jo Jo Dan types...

Collazo again a mismatch... Hadn't done anything for years and got the fight cos Ortiz was Ortiz...

Malignaggi was a good style match up for Khan... But yeah a win is a win... But he was always favourite...

Kotelnik is his best win... Kotelnik was class...

And of course Maidana... Who he scraped past...

Peterson I actually scored for peterson although some disagree... Garcia... Then breidis...

Judah was overrated in his prime and fought Khan like 5 years later... Got a gift against Mathysse and lost to almost everyone he fought who wasn't a can... Like Garcia and Paulie...

He targeted Floyd and then fought who?...

Bradley got his big fight... And tbh only khan fans think Khan stood a chance... Bradley's style was all wrong for Khan...

It's quite an underwhelming resume actually... Reminds me a bit of Broners career...

Kells is worse I agree... More talented than Khan but hasn't done enough with it...

About the stoppage against Spence... If his vision was off then I can't really criticise his no mas in that situation...

It's a shame really... GGG ruined him... He has one victory of note in Porter so overall a poor career...

Yeah, Joshua is sound technically but flat footed to. Wilder will be able to establish his jab and utilise his speed better in this fight, AJ will need to be really tight under his defence and try to move as much as he can, then get Wilder on the counter. It is a close fight this and wouod be great to watch but I want to see Fury / Wilder 2 asap, biggest fight in the HW division right now

Agreed...its why it's an exciting fight... Whoever lands their big shot first... Thing is with Joshua... He has a superior offence albeit not the same level of power...its a pick em fight...

Fury showed he's easily the best in the division right now

It's names but not HOF status bro... Not even close...

Alexander in real terms lost to Kotelnik and Mathysse to go with his official losses to Porter and Bradley... His only memorable performance was outclassing Maidana...

Porter had an off day against Diaz and beat him comfortably the second time... Thurman treated him like the can he was... Diaz is like Kells usual Jo Jo Dan types...

Collazo again a mismatch... Hadn't done anything for years and got the fight cos Ortiz was Ortiz...

Malignaggi was a good style match up for Khan... But yeah a win is a win... But he was always favourite...

Kotelnik is his best win... Kotelnik was class...

And of course Maidana... Who he scraped past...

Peterson I actually scored for peterson although some disagree... Garcia... Then breidis...

Judah was overrated in his prime and fought Khan like 5 years later... Got a gift against Mathysse and lost to almost everyone he fought who wasn't a can... Like Garcia and Paulie...

He targeted Floyd and then fought who?...

Bradley got his big fight... And tbh only khan fans think Khan stood a chance... Bradley's style was all wrong for Khan...

It's quite an underwhelming resume actually... Reminds me a bit of Broners career...

Kells is worse I agree... More talented than Khan but hasn't done enough with it...

About the stoppage against Spence... If his vision was off then I can't really criticise his no mas in that situation...

It's a shame really... GGG ruined him... He has one victory of note in Porter so overall a poor career...

It's not underwhelming it's one of the best in modern Boxing if not in what ways could it have been improved drastically? you can individually break down each opponent but the best gauge is to see where they are ranked in the division at the time and Khan fought 90% of the best at 140 lb, everyone has an opinion on a Bradley fight but he avoided Khan and it's not just Amir fans he would have been a big under dog coming into that fight; literally who else could he have fought at 140 ? And when you fight top opposition there are bound to be some losses and the Garcia one is bad. Out of interest, does Crawford have an underwhelming resume? Especially since you don't rate guys Amir fought at 140, both have been in the ring with top 10 fighters available to them.

At 147 Alexander was given a chance to beat him primarily for his style and he was a former world champion, floyd had tipped him to be the next big star in America, he is rated very highly in America as a technician, Collazo would give Thurman problems and Diaz is no jo jo dan lol a former world champ that was robbed vs Porter but I agree at 147 his resume could be a bit better but he found it very hard to get fights, Bradley, Floyd, Manny and Marquez were not going to face him.

But when you look at it overall it's no joke facing so many world champions and also going to America as an away fighter. We also look at the dominance of performances to.

For Kell there was life before GGG, he just fought too many cans before him and you need heart at the world level. But even after that fight like you say he did ok vs Spence but messed up when he threw in the towel, Malignaggi was in a much worse state for same injuries when he fought Cotto but carried on. I don't think he is completely shot like some say he is, if he has a similar performance in his next fight then maybe he is.

Agreed...its why it's an exciting fight... Whoever lands their big shot first... Thing is with Joshua... He has a superior offence albeit not the same level of power...its a pick em fight...

Fury showed he's easily the best in the division right now

I have never seen anyone make a comeback like Fury after all the issues he had, its the greatest ever in my view and he wasn't even 100%. On the conditioning especially there is room for improvement, look at him vs Wlad lower body fat and able to be a lot more fluid and evasive. But will Wilder give him a rematch or go for AJ is the question....

Back