Boxing Thread

His game plan was spot on for Horn. He boxed brilliantly on the back foot esp with his counter attacks. Horn became to front on and then Crawford cashed in with straight shot to the body and head, he is a very dangerous fighter.

It is scary, you'd not be able to tell the difference between him fighting southpaw or orthodox because he is that good in both stances, the movement is brilliant and he can box at range and on the inside; carries pop in both hands, has a bizarre reach advantage for a man his height and genuinely wants to hurt his opponents despite how nice he comes across.

FULL STATEMENT FROM DAVID HAYE:

"

I am going to continue fighting.

I am going to continue fighting because it’s in my DNA, it defines my character, it’s what I love to do, and because life, I’ve come to realise, is one long, exciting, back-and-forth fight.

But today (Tuesday, June 12, 2018) I am announcing my retirement from professional boxing, which means my days of fighting in a ring are officially over.

They say you can’t play boxing. Yet, writing this retirement statement, reflecting on my time in the sport, I can’t find a better way to describe the ride.

Thanks to boxing, I have been able to live my unencumbered childhood dream; a dream my dad, Deron, facilitated the moment he took me to Fitzroy Lodge amateur boxing club as a nervous 10-year-old.

From the very start, my parents encouraged and supported me, and convinced me I could achieve anything I set out to do, so long as I gave my very best. This proved the catalyst to me believing I could always win in life, no matter the circumstances. It also led to me giving my heart and soul to boxing for 27 years.

On reflection, my 16-year, 32-fight professional career was one of two halves.

In the first eight years, everything ran smoothly. I had 25 fights and became the first ever British boxer to unify the cruiserweight division (WBA, WBC and WBO World Championships).

I then achieved my childhood dream when I beat WBA Heavyweight Champion of the World Nikolay Valuev, the seven-foot-two, 150-kilogram ‘Beast from the East’, in a real life ‘David and Goliath’ match.

Lifting that World Heavyweight Championship meant I’d fulfilled a promise I’d made to my mum, Jane, at the age of three. It also meant I was the second boxer in history – after Evander Holyfield – to win world titles at cruiserweight and heavyweight. That was an incredibly proud moment for me and my family and friends.

Yet it was in the second half of my career where I really discovered what it meant to fight and be a fighter.

If I had it my way, I would have fought as many as 16 times in the second half, the last eight years. But, unfortunately, during this time my faulty body only allowed me to step through the ropes on seven occasions – four wins, three losses – and often it was a fight just getting to the ring in one piece.

In the past five years I have snapped (fully ruptured) both biceps, my rotator cuff and my Achilles tendon. All four injuries were potentially career-ending and each of them required operations with months of intense rehabilitation.

The biggest physical challenge I had to face, however, was a spinal surgery in March 2015. I herniated a disc in my lower back 10 years ago and years of intense training wore this disc away. This caused fragments of disc to push into my spinal nerve passage, resulting in chronic pain and loss of function in both legs, and an operation was required to put a two-centimetre metal cage between two vertebrae and implant two metal rods with screws and bone grafts to fuse it all together.

I went into surgery 191 centimetres tall and came out 193 – not a bad silver lining! – but literally had to learn to walk again. This made my comeback fight against Mark de Mori (in January 2016) all the more meaningful, as it was only 10 months after such intrusive spinal surgery (as well as being my first fight in four-and-a-half years).

Ultimately, this was one battle I had to fight in private, and it’s only because the process was recorded for a documentary that people will one day be able to grasp the severity of the situation.

In this physically challenging period, I also changed head boxing coach twice, moved gyms, launched a new promotional company. This meant, despite not getting in the ring as often as I’d have liked, I still had to keep fighting daily battles outside the ring.

But my desire and determination to be the best heavyweight on the planet was all the motivation I needed to embrace these hurdles. I had to find fun and excitement amid the drama. It was the only way to keep that dream alive.

Thankfully, the challenges of the last eight years forced me to develop new facets of my character. They made me tap into an optimistic and positive mindset, one I’d never really had to engage before.

It’s easy to be upbeat and positive when everything in your life is going to plan. But experiencing true disappointment, sadness and uncertainty can be the key to unearthing one’s true character. For instance, controlling emotion and desire, showing compassion, and dealing with loss were things I had no real handle on until recently.

I was a 22-year-old kid when I turned professional; I finish my boxing career as a 37-year-old man.

I also finish my career on a defeat, however.

Ahead of my final two fights with Tony Bellew, we publicly showed each other little respect. But this was just two veterans giving the crowd what they wanted: a grudge match.

Despite the pre-fight hype, I can assure you I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for Tony. Whenever I traded punches with him, and whenever I was in his presence, I felt the inner warrior. I saw a man who would take the battle as far as necessary to get victory; a man who, like myself, would rather die than give up or quit; a man I’d want on my side of the battlefield if going to war.

As for what happened on May 5, 2018, I did not walk to the ring injured, nor injure myself during the fight.

On the face of it, I was in tip-top shape. I’d adapted and modified training sessions around my 37-year-old body with great success. When stood in front of the locker room mirror before the fight, my body looked as it did 10 years ago; my mind primed and ready for action. I walked to the ring with nothing but confidence.

But looks can be deceiving.

In the end, what 20,000 fans inside London’s O2 Arena witnessed was me giving 100% effort but performing way below world level.

For my fans, it must have been like going to support their favourite thoroughbred racehorse at the Grand National, only to see their stallion stumble out the gates like a sedated mule at the Donkey Derby.

I saw punches coming but wasn’t quick enough to avoid them. I created openings but lacked the speed and agility to capitalise on them. Quick, bread and butter counterattacks, the sort I’ve effortlessly thrown since my teenage years, are no longer in my armoury. And when I take shots, they now shake me to my boots.

The things I used to be able to do in the ring – instinctively – now exist only in my mind and in video clips of my old fights.

That said, credit where it’s due: even 10 years ago – in my ‘Haye Day’ – I’d have had a hard night fighting the 2018 version of Tony Bellew. He boxed brilliantly.

I’ve taken my fair share of beatings over the years – some easier to swallow than others – but this last one had a certain heavenly comfort to it. In a strange sort of way, I’m proud to have gone out on my feet, on my own kamikaze terms.

Of course, my ego would have loved to have retired on a win, or as a champion. But, deep down, I know my effort on May 5, 2018 was the very best I had left to give. I also know that underwhelming effort revealed the truth about my current abilities in a world-class boxing arena.

The boxing gods have spoken. They will no longer protect me with the freakish speed and power I used to possess. And without these God-given gifts, I completely lose my edge.

Boxing history has a way of repeating itself, and the list of boxers who voluntarily retired during their peak is a short one. Most bite off more than they can chew in their twilight years, believing they can rustle up one last great performance, and this pursuit becomes greater than the fear of losing.

In short, the personality traits that make someone potentially great – never giving up, fighting until the bitter end – will often lead to their downfall.

Now I understand.

I’m proud of the battles I’ve been through. I’m proud, too, that I exit the battlefield happy and healthy, with my family financially secure. Most importantly, I can reflect on it all with crystal clarity.

I will always remember standing beside my dad in the ring after my last fight, and him saying how proud he is of me. Having given everything to boxing for nearly three decades, this meant so much.

In that time, I put everything associated with my sport first and everything else, and everyone else, second. Consequently, I achieved 80% of my life goals. But it came at a cost. Extraordinary achievements often go hand-in-hand with extraordinary sacrifice.

In my case, the most significant collateral damage of my single-minded approach to fulfilling my goals was the impact this mindset had on relationships with those closest to me; family, friends, colleagues, people who made sacrifices day in, day out, not to realise their own dreams but to support me in realising mine. I look forward to reimbursing them with my time and love now that my all-consuming boxing career has ended.

As I embarked (unknowingly) on my final training camp, I listened to a lecture by the late philosopher Alan Watts, who said: “We think of life by analogy with a journey, a pilgrimage, which has a serious purpose at the end, and the whole point is to get to that end. But we miss the point the whole way along. Life is a musical thing and you’re supposed to sing or dance while the music is being played.”

Upon hearing this, I decided to metaphorically ‘dance’ my way through my last training camp. And that I did. I relished every moment, even the lung-busting, lactic-filled sessions. I enjoyed the ride right to the very end, which is why I can now accept retirement with my head held high and a smile on my face.

If I could go back in time and give advice to my 21-year-old self, or anyone setting off on their own adventure, I would say this: live in the moment. Don’t only appreciate the good times once they become a memory. The present is the only thing that truly exists, so give it the attention it deserves.

Do not forsake daily happiness because you believe there will be an abundance of it once you reach the mountain top. There’s no chest of happiness waiting at the top of the mountain. Instead, there are only memories of how you got there. So, make these memories worthwhile.

Thank you to all my loyal family, and all of ‘Team Haye’, my extended family, who helped me through these tough years. You know who you are, and you all contributed to my story, no matter how significant your part. I love you all.

To my fans, thank you from the bottom of my heart, for dancing through the tough times with me, and applauding my efforts regardless of the result. Your kind support always meant the world to me, and I won’t forget the many great nights we shared.

grudge matches

Thank you, also, to everyone who has supported not only me and my career but the sport of boxing as a whole. My sport. The beautiful noble art.

Without you, the fans, there is no boxing. TV networks would not televise shows, promoters would not book venues and the media would not report on boxing, if it wasn’t for your interest. So, please continue to support boxing. Whether watching it on TV, buying tickets and boxing magazines, or even just having heated debates with buddies about fights, it all keeps the sport thriving.

Never forget that boxing is the ultimate working-class sport, one that gives regular people from humble beginnings – like me, like many of you reading this – the opportunity to work hard and fight their way to a better life.

And just as boxing gave me the chance to make my dreams a reality, I now hope my children do the same in whatever path they choose. They know from their father’s story that anything is possible with hard work, dedication and extraordinary sacrifice.

Since October 1990, I have been a boxer. That’s nearly 10,000 days of eating and sleeping boxing, and now I’m ready to close this chapter in my life.

This is not the end of my story. It’s simply the start of something new.

Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now.

David Haye

The Hayemaker

"

Incredible career :bow: Not only a British ATG, but one of the ATG Cruserweights in Boxing history, during his prime he was just invincible and we shouldn't overlook the fact that he was one of the best P4P boxers of his era and won the undisputed lineal championship in addition to the HW title, these are no mean feats; many will rate him coming of the canvas to dethrone the dangerous Mormeck away from home but my favourite performances of his career were the destruction of Enzo and Chisora.

Very insightful statement , especially with regards to the injury woes but hardly surprising but I find it insane how he was able to make a comeback to begin with. Can't thank him enough for all those amazing nights long ago, best of luck to the champ.

https://www.boxingscene.com/david-haye-look-back-five-career-defining-fights--129043

David Haye - A Look Back at Five Career Defining Fights

The 37-year-old is a former WBA, WBO and WBC cruiserweight and WBA heavyweight champion.

David Haye has announced his retirement from boxing, having made his professional debut in 2002.

Press Association Sport revisits five of the former WBA, WBO and WBC cruiserweight and WBA heavyweight champion’s defining fights.

Jean-Marc Mormeck, November 2007
Haye won his first two world titles when, having travelled to Paris to challenge France’s feared Mormeck, he recovered from a fourth-round knockdown to win via a seventh-round knockout after landing a fine combination. Victory set up a unification fight with Wales’ Enzo Maccarinelli, who he stopped inside two just four months later to add the WBO title to his collection.

Nikolay Valuev, November 2009
In his second fight following his permanent move into the heavyweight division, Haye truly captured the imagination of the British public by challenging Russia’s seven-foot WBA champion Valuev. Despite breaking his right hand in the opening rounds in Nuremberg, Germany, he used his speed and mobility to overcome a significant size disadvantage and become the world heavyweight champion, as he had long promised he would.

Wladimir Klitschko, July 2011
Haye finally secured the biggest night of his career when agreeing to travel to Hamburg in a unification fight for the WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight titles, but he simply proved too small to take advantage of the opportunity he had long sought. Blaming a broken little toe for an underwhelming performance that led to him being convincingly outboxed, he damaged his reputation and lost his status as a world champion, which he would also never recover.

Dereck Chisora, July 2012
A fight that began as a brawl in a press conference became a reality at Upton Park despite it not being sanctioned by the British Boxing Board of Control. In his biggest grudge match and his final fight at the level that had once brought him such success, Haye produced another classy performance to become the first to stop the tough Chisora, doing so in five rounds.

Tony Bellew II, May 2018
Haye had unexpectedly lost to Bellew 14 months earlier when he ruptured his Achilles mid-fight in an injury that had somewhat masked his decline. Supposedly fit for last month’s rematch, he was unable to hide the loss of his abilities and punch resistance as an opponent who was a light-heavyweight while Haye was the world heavyweight champion dropped him three times before the fifth-round stoppage.

Looks like Eddie hearn trying to rob decent boxing fans of loads of money with a rubbish bums are us collection of fights which he seems to think is worth of PPV with parker vs whyte as main event. il find a free stream for this.. not paying for this crap PPV.

Looks like Eddie hearn trying to rob decent boxing fans of loads of money with a rubbish bums are us collection of fights which he seems to think is worth of PPV with parker vs whyte as main event. il find a free stream for this.. not paying for this crap PPV.

Come on Amjid you know better then that, these cards may not be PPV for enthusiasts but are a draw amongst the casual boxing fans and such events have helped boost the sport in the UK, when was the last time we had such interest? Eddie has his critics but you have to give credit where due, he knows how to promote and sell fights in the UK better then anyone. Frank is better as a global promoter but Eddie has edged him in the UK, personally I tend to subscribe more to Boxnation which is an outstanding platform when it comes to giving us the best combo of home / away fights and you more then get your value for money especially hardcore fans.

Whyte / Parker is a great fight though, both are top 5 HW's. Whyte headlined the 02 recently and has been building his profile here over the years gaining popularity while Parker was on PPV in the UK and recieved massive exposure, the fight with AJ allegedly drew the UK's second best PPV buy rate. It's business and from this POV both justified a PPV because there is a market out there which will pay to see this fight. The good news for us is that when there is such money in the UK we are more likely to bring the likes of Wilder and other top foreign fighters over, GGG and Spence being one of the recent examples.

12K tickets already sold for Whyte / Parker [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION]

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] or anyone else.

Which channel is showing Errol Spence Jr vs Carlos Ocampo?

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] or anyone else.

Which channel is showing Errol Spence Jr vs Carlos Ocampo?

Am not sure which channel picked this up, I wasn't interested because the opponent was of a very very low quality and I questioned how he got a title shot. The IBF are corrupt to the core. Poor guy was dethroned savagely, but Spence showcasing his power is a spectacle in itself and people got what they paid for. He wants Porter or Garcia next but Khan could get there first

12K tickets already sold for Whyte / Parker [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION]

I dont doubt the main event is good, but niether of these guys is a PPV worthy fighter. Also the undercard is full of one sided expected beat downs.

I bet you cant wait to watch kell brook fight another bum ;)

I dont doubt the main event is good, but niether of these guys is a PPV worthy fighter. Also the undercard is full of one sided expected beat downs.

I bet you cant wait to watch kell brook fight another bum ;)

For us hardcore fans it's not PPV mate am just saying it is PPV in the current market as a whole in the UK based on the numbers, if fast Eddie couldn't sell this and sky would make a loss they would not be asking customers to pay roughly 15-20 quid. Kells new opponent was knocked out by an Ice Bucket:

LOL [MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] Huge fight in the UK on Saturday between the exceptionally talented Josh Taylor who will be taking on the dangerous Viktor Postol in just his 13th fight ! What is your prediction ?

I have Taylor winning on points in a close fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
For us hardcore fans it's not PPV mate am just saying it is PPV in the current market as a whole in the UK based on the numbers, if fast Eddie couldn't sell this and sky would make a loss they would not be asking customers to pay roughly 15-20 quid. Kells new opponent was knocked out by an Ice Bucket:

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] Huge fight in the UK on Saturday between the exceptionally talented Josh Taylor who will be taking on the dangerous Viktor Postol in just his 13th fight ! What is your prediction ?

The fight will be on free to air, Channel 5 from 10pm; this is the biggest FTA boxing fight I have seen in recent times, both are legit top 10 fighters at 140 lb; Postal recently fought P4P no.1 Crawford in a unification world title fight not so long ago.

If you get time check it out me UK friends [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=48620]Cpt. Rishwat[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

Another W in the bag for me :yk In a thrilling fight on FTA, Josh Taylor stuns / drops and decisions Viktor Postal, it was technically beautiful and exhilarating every step of the way; close and very competitive but I had Taylor edge the fight. The scorecards were a little wide but you can expect that when you have a number of swing rounds, Taylor has a sound amateur background but overall he doesn't have so much experience and this was just his 13th fight ! to be taking on the best 140 pounder in my opinion at this stage and beating him is a terrific achievement. He now becomes the mandatory for Jose Ramirez WBC World Title fight and I fancy his chances big time.

What a talent, one of the best I've seen in my life time to come out of the UK; it may be a little premature to say this but he is destined for greatness and has the chance to be mentioned up there with Ken Buchanan, no other Scottish fighter has come close to showing elite potential and am sorry but Ricky Burns doesn't cut the list.

There's rumours Khan's may be fighting Samuel Vargas next.

I would have said Bradley to but he is coming off a loss and going by his recent performance even though it was overseas against a very dangerous spaniard it just goes to show there are levels to the game and Amir will always be levels above the domestic lot. I've seen that Amir is ranked inside the WBA and WBC top 10 now, so it could be a fighter from one of those governing bodies, Samuel Vargas is a name which stands out for me, he brings name value and would present a test without posing too big a threat.

[MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION] Maybe I should be a promoter :yk I anticipated he would be a possible opponent about a month ago and I think he's the perfect opponent for Amir's next fight. Past opponents include Garcia and Spence. I see AK could be going down the WBC or WBA route, a stadium fight with Garcia (providing he beats Porter for the title) is possible in the UK and would be huge

Last edited:
[MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION] How many more fights you reckon AK needs before taking on Spence, Thurman, Garcia or Crawford and what are his chances vs these names in your view.

Thurman is still injured and he doesn't strike me as the type to be interested as much, Spence comes across as a potential cherry picker but he could be a possible opponent down the line as are Porter/Garcia and Top Rank have contacted AK's team to discuss a world title with Crawford later this year so that's another realistic option.

[MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION] Maybe I should be a promoter :yk I anticipated he would be a possible opponent about a month ago and I think he's the perfect opponent for Amir's next fight. Past opponents include Garcia and Spence. I see AK could be going down the WBC or WBA route, a stadium fight with Garcia (providing he beats Porter for the title) is possible in the UK and would be huge

I'd rather Khan fight Peterson first, would be a good test as well to see if Khan's has improved his inside game.

[MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION] How many more fights you reckon AK needs before taking on Spence, Thurman, Garcia or Crawford and what are his chances vs these names in your view.

Thurman is still injured and he doesn't strike me as the type to be interested as much, Spence comes across as a potential cherry picker but he could be a possible opponent down the line as are Porter/Garcia and Top Rank have contacted AK's team to discuss a world title with Crawford later this year so that's another realistic option.

He needs to beat the Peterson's and Garcia type fighters, if he does he is ready for any one.

I'd rather Khan fight Peterson first, would be a good test as well to see if Khan's has improved his inside game.

He needs to beat the Peterson's and Garcia type fighters, if he does he is ready for any one.

Peterson has been contemplating retirement, not sure he's an option anymore. Hard to find someone like a Garcia, he's a lot more versatile then the credit he gets. I think he has a chance against all of those names if prepared well enough but hard for me to see anyone beating Crawford, AK would give him a good fight though imo

Kell Brook has so many cheer leaders here but where are you now ? this guy moved up to 154 to face journeyman ! he hasn't been out the ring for 3 or 4 years and he's facing guys he could easily have fought at 147 lb and he would still be campaigning at that weight if he had his world title. All I see now is him weight bullying guys from 1-3 divisions below him at 154 pounds ! if this doesn't emphasise his legacy in general then I don't know what will. Barring that one good win over Porter he has been using similar tactics during his entire career and has fought nobody but journeyman.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] Kell Brook has been removed from the WBC rankings for not enrolling on their VADA and WBC clean boxing program

Other positive news include the Lucas camp receiving payment from Manny, the fight is 100% on and I can't wait for the bout next week, it will be for the WBA regular title and the winner could fight for the full version vs AK or Vargas given that their bout is also for a WBA mandatory position. James Degale also vacated his world title, his rumoured opponent is BJS and that is a great fight, weight would be a talking point though.

Fights to look forward to in the near future:

Manny v Lucas 14th July
Usyk v Gassiev 21st July Undisputed Championship WBSS final
Mikey Garcia v Robert Easter 28st July in World Unification bout
Joseph Parker v Dilian Whyte 28th July

We've been very spoilt as boxing fans lately, Canelo v GGG 2 booked for September the 15th as well and am very excited for Porter / Garcia although a date has not been confirmed but August or September at the Barclays centre is being worked out; a deal is in progress for the bout to take place and purse bids were cancelled.

Waseem Very Motivated For Title Fight on Pacquiao-Matthysse Bill

KARACHI: Pakistan’s prolific Mohammad Waseem on Friday said that he had worked extremely hard and would win the International Boxing Federation (IBF) world title in Kuala Lumpur.

“I have laboured hard in the ring and am 1000 percent ready. I am confident about my win,” Waseem told ‘The News’ in an interview just hours before moving from Las Vegas to Kuala Lumpur on Friday.

The 30-year-old two-time former WBC world silver flyweight champion will face South Africa’s Moruti Mthalane in the flyweight title shot for the Axiata Arena in Kuala Lumpur on July 15.

He said that he was mentally and physically ready for the showdown.

“I am ready and cannot wait,” said the Quetta-born 2014 Incheon Asian Games bronze medallist.

Waseem trained in Las Vegas under Jeff Mayweather, uncle of boxing king Floyd Mayweather Junior.

The title was left vacant by Filipino fighter Donnie Nietes, who held the crown for several years before rising to the super flyweight category.

The Waseem-Moruti fight was previously set as an elimination bout but after Nietes vacated the belt, it was converted to IBF flyweight title bout.

Waseem and his coach Jeff will stay for one day in South Korea before moving to Kuala Lumpur. Meanwhile, Jeff told this correspondent from Las Vegas that Waseem was “ready for the fight”.

If the former two-time Commonwealth Games medallist is able to win the crown he will become the first Pakistani to achieve the milestone.

After a decade-long illustrious amateur career, Waseem turned pro in early 2015, just months after winning a bronze medal for the country in the 2014 Incheon Asian Games.

It was thought that in pro circuit Waseem would take a long time to achieve any prestigious position. But he proved the notion wrong with his determination and hard labour in the ring.

He shot to fame when he won the WBC world silver flyweight title by beating Jether Oliva of the Philippines on July 17, 2016, in Korea. In November the same year he defended his crown by upstaging Giemel Magramo of the Philippines, also in Seoul.

He was expected to face Japan’s knock-out artist Daigo Higa in the WBC flyweight title bout early this year. But financial constraints denied him the chance to meet the Japanese fighter.

He remained in a fix for some time before matchmaker Sean Gibbons engineered a deal with MP Promotions which brought his professional career back on track.

“It would be a dream come true if I beat the South African,” Waseem said.

In three and a half years of a pro career, Waseem has won all eight fights, with six knockouts. The 35-year-old Mthalane is more experienced as he has played 37 bouts, winning 35 with 24 knock-outs.

https://www.boxingscene.com/waseem-very-motivated-title-fight-on-pacquiao-matthysse-bill--129750
[MENTION=138254]Syed1[/MENTION]

Fighters revealed for "The Contender" series

The 16 middleweight fighters who will vie for "The Contender" championship belt in the reboot of the reality boxing series were unveiled on Wednesday.

Premium cable network Epix, which will air 12 hour-long episodes of the Mark Burnett-produced series beginning on Aug. 24 (10 p.m. ET/PT), is re-launching a show that initially ran from 2005 to 2008 with the first season on NBC, followed by two on ESPN and a fourth on the now-defunct Versus.

Now the series, which recently completed filming in Los Angeles, will be on Epix, with retired former super middleweight and light heavyweight world titleholder Andre Ward serving as the host and Freddie Roach and Naazim Richardson serving as the trainers for the fighters, who will live and train together and then fight week after week in elimination matches to determine the champion.

"'The Contender'" takes unscripted TV to its grittiest. It has incredible professional fighters and real professional fights," Burnett, president of MGM Television, said. "The edge-of-your-seat drama and true stories sets a tone that our audiences will be expecting and I love it."

Here's a look at the 16 participants:

• Ievgen Khytrov (16-1, 13 KOs), 29, a native of Ukraine fighting out of Brooklyn. A former top prospect who has won two fights in a row since he was upset by Immanuwel Aleem via sixth-round knockout in 17 months ago.

• Eric Walker (15-1, 8 KOs), 34, of Plaquemine, Louisiana. Incarcerated at 15 years old, he spent 14 years in prison for robbery and attempted murder. He learned to box in prison. He's coming off his first loss, a 10-round decision to Patrick Day last July.

• John Thompson (18-3, 6 KOs), 29, of Newark, New Jersey. He won the 2015 ESPN Boxcino junior middleweight tournament, a win that landed him a vacant world title shot later in the year that he lost by seventh-round knockout to Liam Smith.

• Brandon Adams (17-2, 12 KOs), 28, of Los Angeles. He lost in the final of the 2014 ESPN Boxcino middleweight tournament and then won three fights in a row before losing to Thompson in the final of the 2015 ESPN Boxcino junior middleweight tournament. Adams has not fought since.

• Malcolm McAllister (9-1, 8 KOs), 27, of Long Beach, California. He turned pro in 2014 and is coming off his first loss, an eight-round decision to unbeaten prospect Chordale Booker.

• Quatavious Cash (10-0, 7 KOs), 26, of Las Vegas. The Atlanta native turned pro in 2012 but had a three-year layoff before returning in 2017. He's a four-time Golden Gloves state champion.

• Shane Mosley Jr. (10-2, 7 KOs), 27, of Santa Monica, California. He's the son of former pound-for-pound king and three-division champion Shane Mosley. He has not fought since an eight-round split-decision loss in Australia on the Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn undercard.

• Daniel Valdivia (14-2, 10 KOs), 25, of Tulare, California. A real estate agent by day, he's moving up in weight after consecutive eight-round decision losses to Vladimir Hernandez in his last two fights.

• Michael Moore (15-1, 7 KOs), 31, of Cleveland. He participated in the 2015 ESPN Boxcino junior middleweight tournament but lost in the quarterfinals. He's fought only twice since, but won both bouts.

• Gerald Sherrell (8-0, 4 KOs), 24, of Pittsburgh. He's a prospect who has been fighting four- and six-rounders. He grew up as a fan of the original "Contender" series.

• Morgan Fitch (18-1-1, 8 KOs), 34, of Pittsburgh. The married father of three lost for the first time when he stepped up in opposition, dropping a 10-round decision to 2012 Brazilian Olympic bronze medalist Yamaguchi Falcao in his last fight 13 months ago.

• Marcos Hernandez (11-1, 3 KOs), 24, of Fresno, California. Hernandez has yet to face any name opposition but he has overcome a lot in life after an accident left him with burns on 30 percent of his body, which led him to be bullied as a child. He's raising an autistic son.

• Tyrone Brunson (26-6-2, 24 KOs), 33, of Philadelphia. He began his career with 19 consecutive first-round knockouts and is one of the most experienced fighters in the field. He knocked out former welterweight titlist Kermit Cintron last year.

• Lamar Russ (17-2, 8 KOs), 31, of Wilmington, North Carolina. Began his career 14-0 until losing a decision to longtime contender Matthew Macklin on HBO in 2013.

• John Jackson (21-3, 16 KOs), 29, of St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. The son of former world titleholder Julian Jackson fought for a vacant junior middleweight world title in 2016 and lost by eighth-round knockout to Jermell Charlo.

• Devaun Lee (10-3-1, 5 KOs), 30, of Queens, New York. Lee turned to boxing and away from the streets when he was 16 and a friend was shot and killed. He's coming off a 10-round decision loss to Vaughn Alexander in March.

"With this new iteration of 'The Contender' the focus is on the gritty, personal stories of the fighters battling for boxing glory," Epix president Michael Wright said. "It was important for us to find individuals who not only displayed the boxing chops and resilience in the ring, but who also showed a depth of heart and humor outside of it. Our 16 fighters are vivacious, tough, funny, sensitive, driven and inspiring, and we are excited for our fans to get to know their stories and root for them inside the ring and out."

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_/id/23928091/fighters-revealed-newest-contender-series

Manny is fighting tonight, for those in the UK you can watch his fight on Boxnation. Muhummad Waseem is on the under card (ring walk around 1.15am - 1.30am) and has the chance to become Pakistan's first world champion if he defeats the dangerous Mithalane. Manny's ring walk is rumoured to be around 4ish

Been on a recent Marvellous Marvin Hagler binge.

For anybody looking for a good series, I would recommend Legendary Nights on YouTube from HBO. Covers the welterweights of the 80’s and the heavyweights of the 90’s.

Toughest chin:
George Chuvalo.

Hardest Puncher:
Earnie Shavers
(that Larry Holmes knockdown would have been a KO had it not been for the impact of Holmes head touching the ground so hard which woke him up. Still the best I’ve seen and the thud sound is sick).

Best footwork:
Willie Pep

Best Fighter:
Sugar Ray Robinson

I had Waseem winning by a point but can't argue against the judges cards apart from one of the fellas who had the fight too wide. Waseem has so much ability and talent but his inexperience at the pro level showed here, he started too slow against a hall of fame fighter and was too static ! just held his guard in the pocket which was naive against a high volume / pressure fighter such as Mithalane even more so when he has very good movement given his amateur background, Waseem is not a flat footed fighter but he was fighting like one during the first 4 rounds and is guilty of doing the same in previous fights; beyond the 4th he finally settled and began to use his feet more to get in and out of range to set up some beautiful offence from his jab, the angles and head movement also allowed him to counter Mithalane but in the later stages was not consistent enough and often was happy to lean on the ropes or stand infront of Mithalane allowing him to work and got caught with repeated power shots clean.

It has to be said that there were many rounds which could have gone either way and were hard to score, in the 11th Waseem switched to southpaw and caught Mithalane with a straight left which dropped him for just the second time in his career but he had enough time to recover as the knockdown came just before the bell ! in the 12th both men threw everything but the kitchen sink in what was the best round of the fight with both men wanting to finish strongly. Overall it was a terrific action fight and I commend both men. It is surprising that we did not see a Knock Out but both fighters are incredibly durable, fit , tough and have brilliant chins.

For Waseem to almost beat a hall of famer despite his little pro experience was one hell of an effort, Mithalane had been unbeaten for a decade with his only loss at the top level being to another hall of famer in Donaire with that fight being stopped due to cuts and furthermore he was a former world champion with 35+ fights.

Not everyone can do a Lomachenko it's important to remember that there is no rush and you can take your time learning the trade but there also advantages for decorated amateurs because they can fast track their development and progress, Waseem would have learned more from this one defeat then any other fight he has had or ever will have. Furthermore, on the backdrop of this exposure am sure there will networks around the globe which will be happy to have Waseem on their under card given his fan friendly style so there will be oppourtunities for sure despite this defeat, I'd like to see the rematch with Mithalane but I doubt the south african will want to go through hell again.

Hope his corner also make improvements when it comes to communication and basics such as wrapping the damn hands properly!

Manny Pacquiao dominated and stopped Lucas Matthysse in the 7th round of a very eye pleasing fight from an action POV, many had written Manny off before the fight and expected him to be shot en-route to getting KO'd by the big punching dangerous Argentinian. Manny was by no means the fighter he was 10 years ago but he is still world class, those hands are still very fast, he moves very well and cuts you off with those angles.

It was a beautiful signature performance and personally I'd love for him to retire on the back of such a wonderful win having claimed the WBA world title, don't like seeing legends go on longer then they should because there are never any happy endings in Boxing; but the selfish part of me would love for him to face Lomachenko and Amir Khan.

As it stands, I'd say Crawford and Spence are probably the only fighters who I could confidently see beating Manny. A fight with Amir could go either way but he'd be a big threat to the likes of Porter, Garcia and Thurman. One of the worst kept secrets is that Manny is running out of cash, he has a huge entourage, gives so much back to charity and spends so much money to further his political ambitions; truth be told am not sure if he would be fighting right now if he was financially secure.

Then again Manny is a warrior and he loves the sport, that surely does play a big role in him continuing at this level because if the desire is not there you wont be able to get through gruelling training camps. But money is definitely a big factor and right now he'd want to face blokes who will enable those big pay checks and from a financial POV Amir would have to be the biggest money fight out there for him. I don't think the Pac-Man is contractually attached to Top Rank either now so there will be more possibilities with regards to his fight options out there, Mikey Garcia could be in the mix as well.

Been on a recent Marvellous Marvin Hagler binge.

For anybody looking for a good series, I would recommend Legendary Nights on YouTube from HBO. Covers the welterweights of the 80’s and the heavyweights of the 90’s.

Toughest chin:
George Chuvalo.

Hardest Puncher:
Earnie Shavers
(that Larry Holmes knockdown would have been a KO had it not been for the impact of Holmes head touching the ground so hard which woke him up. Still the best I’ve seen and the thud sound is sick).

Best footwork:
Willie Pep

Best Fighter:
Sugar Ray Robinson

Great post, that was a fantastic series indeed; glad Willie Pep gets a mention, he is arguably the greatest featherweight ever and his all round elusiveness and boxing ability was a sight to behold; my dream fight at that weight would be a Prime Pep v a Prime Naseem Hamed, that would be a terrific battle.

If you watched Hagler's final fight with Leonard as a part of the binge recently let me know what you thought of the fight and how you scored it over the 12 rounds.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] Kell Brook has been removed from the WBC rankings for not enrolling on their VADA and WBC clean boxing program

Kell should retire, he wasted his whole career with eddie hearn delivering him **** fights, when clearly he wanted the bigger fights. can fault kells heart but time to call it a day. clearly him and Khan want one last pay day but right now i think khans looks elsewhere.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

Predictions for Usyk vs Gassiev - Real 50/50 fight. All belts on the line and a well deserved undisputed cruiserweight champion at the end of it.

Kell should retire, he wasted his whole career with eddie hearn delivering him **** fights, when clearly he wanted the bigger fights. can fault kells heart but time to call it a day. clearly him and Khan want one last pay day but right now i think khans looks elsewhere.

You know how much I have criticised Joshua's boxing skills but he is also promoted by Eddie's matchroom boxing and if you look at his resume is decent relative to the number of fights he has had, has taken on the likes of Whyte, Breazeale, Molina, Kevin Johnson, Wladmir Klitshko, Takam, Parker and Povetkin within 22 fights. He has always shown his willingness to accept challenges, am afraid Kell has never had this attribute and it's not the promoter who is to blame here, it's Kell. He did have talent / potential but his biggest weakness has been a lack of heart, for a guy who has had 37 fights and won a world title his list of names is shocking and that can't be blamed entirely on Eddie.

He took on GGG only after Khan fought Canelo and in a premeditated move his team threw in the towel during round 5, he defended his 'world title' against domestic opposition before being forced into a mandatory against Spence which Kell desperately tried to avoid and had excuses with regards to weight ready, believe me, if he won that fight he would still be at 147 lb; during the fight itself he quit in the 11th, we've seen boxers suffer injuries far more horrendous but he quit in his own hometown, it wasn't a referee stoppage, Kell basically took a knee and stated he wants no more. His best win was over Shawn Porter and he deserves credit for getting the job done away from home but it was a very close fight, however for a guy that has had 37 fights and is meant to be world class it is shameful really that it is the only win he can truly boast about. Hearn is not perfect and I agree he is an expert in padding records but it also comes down to the fighters desire to face the best and Kell has never had that.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

Predictions for Usyk vs Gassiev - Real 50/50 fight. All belts on the line and a well deserved undisputed cruiserweight champion at the end of it.

I would say Usyk to win on points in a close fight but it's in Russia ! so am guessing Gassiev will get the nod in a fight that could go either way. Both are very well rounded but Usyk is the superior boxer and in these situations I always tend to lean towards them over guys who can punch really hard but Gassiev is more then just a fighter who packs a punch. Exciting times ! expect these two to move up succesfully to Heavyweight sooner rather then later !

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION]

Check this out if you get time, great watch prior to the fight:

Fair to say WBSS has been a big hit and credit to all those involved, already excited for season 2.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Normally when you see two fighters they tend to behave like kids see Miller / AJ recently but so much admiration and respect between Amir and Garcia here; both are really top blokes. Have always rated Garcia so highly and look up to him as a stand up individual, he deserves so much more attention for his hall of fame worthy resume; hope the Lomachenko fight materialises to finally enable that. Watching that vid Amir mentioned that he was the first fighter to box at the 02 arena long before matchroom had been using it for their events over the past few years, did not know that but not surprising either given his drawing power; it was back in 2007 vs Limond.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION]

Check this out if you get time, great watch prior to the fight:

Fair to say WBSS has been a big hit and credit to all those involved, already excited for season 2.

Yeah the Cruiserweight WBSS has been a sucsess because the best 8 fights in division all signed up except for bellew so we got the best vs the best.

Its a shame the SM WBSS wasnt the same as quite a few top fights missed out. WBSS should be done in all weight classes with top 8 fighters in each division competing. Sadly this wont happen in some divisions.

You know how much I have criticised Joshua's boxing skills but he is also promoted by Eddie's matchroom boxing and if you look at his resume is decent relative to the number of fights he has had, has taken on the likes of Whyte, Breazeale, Molina, Kevin Johnson, Wladmir Klitshko, Takam, Parker and Povetkin within 22 fights. He has always shown his willingness to accept challenges, am afraid Kell has never had this attribute and it's not the promoter who is to blame here, it's Kell. He did have talent / potential but his biggest weakness has been a lack of heart, for a guy who has had 37 fights and won a world title his list of names is shocking and that can't be blamed entirely on Eddie.

He took on GGG only after Khan fought Canelo and in a premeditated move his team threw in the towel during round 5, he defended his 'world title' against domestic opposition before being forced into a mandatory against Spence which Kell desperately tried to avoid and had excuses with regards to weight ready, believe me, if he won that fight he would still be at 147 lb; during the fight itself he quit in the 11th, we've seen boxers suffer injuries far more horrendous but he quit in his own hometown, it wasn't a referee stoppage, Kell basically took a knee and stated he wants no more. His best win was over Shawn Porter and he deserves credit for getting the job done away from home but it was a very close fight, however for a guy that has had 37 fights and is meant to be world class it is shameful really that it is the only win he can truly boast about. Hearn is not perfect and I agree he is an expert in padding records but it also comes down to the fighters desire to face the best and Kell has never had that.

I would say Usyk to win on points in a close fight but it's in Russia ! so am guessing Gassiev will get the nod in a fight that could go either way. Both are very well rounded but Usyk is the superior boxer and in these situations I always tend to lean towards them over guys who can punch really hard but Gassiev is more then just a fighter who packs a punch. Exciting times ! expect these two to move up succesfully to Heavyweight sooner rather then later !

Usyk has the better conditions of the two so you would think that come championship rounds he may win over the judges maybe with the cleaner action. Both fighters have decent chins so would be shocked if either is stopped, Bredis did trouble Usyk in the semi finals and i can see Gassiev doing similar. Just hope we get decent judges and hopefully fight of the year contender.

Usyk has the better conditions of the two so you would think that come championship rounds he may win over the judges maybe with the cleaner action. Both fighters have decent chins so would be shocked if either is stopped, Bredis did trouble Usyk in the semi finals and i can see Gassiev doing similar. Just hope we get decent judges and hopefully fight of the year contender.

Usyk has to be the favourite but Murat has a good chance to pull the upset.

Usyk was hurt and dropped in the amateurs and chased around the ring by a much much smaller Beterbiev with pillows on.

Gassiev is a monster body puncher but he can't afford to start off slow like he usually does though.

Usyk has been pretty easy to hit in recent fights and his movement has never touched the levels it did against Glowacki (dunno why), so someone like Gassiev, who keeps coming, throws strong shots and can move from head to body should have a great chance.

I edge it to Usyk because of his slightly better physical gifts but it will be a hard night for both guys.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION]

What ever happened to the AJ V Wilder double header? Is this now officially off or is it still happening at the end of this year? Sorry but I've not been following it lately.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Normally when you see two fighters they tend to behave like kids see Miller / AJ recently but so much admiration and respect between Amir and Garcia here; both are really top blokes. Have always rated Garcia so highly and look up to him as a stand up individual, he deserves so much more attention for his hall of fame worthy resume; hope the Lomachenko fight materialises to finally enable that. Watching that vid Amir mentioned that he was the first fighter to box at the 02 arena long before matchroom had been using it for their events over the past few years, did not know that but not surprising either given his drawing power; it was back in 2007 vs Limond.

Thanks for sharing.

Garcia always seems to a humble guy, yet he is very hard working and his talent is underrated imo. I still remember how he dismantled Broner last year, great performance. I hope he does get a shot at Lomachenko esp since he is rated in the top 5 of pound per pound fighters in the world.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION]

What ever happened to the AJ V Wilder double header? Is this now officially off or is it still happening at the end of this year? Sorry but I've not been following it lately.

It's off AJ is facing Povetkin in September and then his fight after that will be in April against an unannounced opponent (Presumably Dilian Whyte imo if he beats Parker next week). Both camps had their next fight plans sorted long ago, this was all just to create hype.

My gut feeling is they could fight around mid to late 2019, if Tyson Fury is somewhat ready by then; the Wilder fight could get pushed back further.

I had Briedis edge that fight on points but it was close, the lativian is one of the most unique pressure fighters you"ll see; he throws bombs from different angles and is very tricky to dissect. Murat is a lot more conventional on the inside and I expect Usyk to show more lateral movement compared to past few fights.

I had Briedis edge that fight on points but it was close, the lativian is one of the most unique pressure fighters you"ll see; he throws bombs from different angles and is very tricky to dissect. Murat is a lot more conventional on the inside and I expect Usyk to show more lateral movement compared to past few fights.

This was pivotal in the end :ashwin [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] a fight with Bellew could be next for Usyk but after that I'd be excited about his move to Heavyweight hopefully, feel like he'd give Wilder all kinds of hell although Joshua probably would be too big for him but I'd still like to see that fight. It was a beautiful performance and a boxing master class.

Whyte / Parker and Garcia / Easter are on this week, great fights. The one am looking forward to the most in the final 1/4 of this year is Shawn Porter v Danny Garcia for the WBC 147 lb world title, even more then Canelo / GGG 2.

The small Povetkin will always be dangerous for any Heavyweight but I just don't see him as a threat for Joshua who will just need to use his height / reach and stay behind the jab; he showed vs Parker that he can be disciplined and execute a game plan for 12 rounds. It wouldn't be wise to exchange with Povetkin on the inside though. I expect Joshua to box behind his jab and then stop Povetkin between 6-12, a UD win wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:
[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Watch Usyk v Gassiev if you get the time, he claimed every available championship at that weight and was then handed the inaugural Muhammad Ali trophy by the wife of the greatest in person, had shivers down my spine and his performance did the legend justice.

Was meant to post this in the boxing thread lol

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Watch Usyk v Gassiev if you get the time, he claimed every available championship at that weight and was then handed the inaugural Muhammad Ali trophy by the wife of the greatest in person, had shivers down my spine and his performance did the legend justice.

Was meant to post this in the boxing thread lol

Thanks bro, will defo give this a watch. What a beautiful trophy it is too :)

Thanks bro, will defo give this a watch. What a beautiful trophy it is too :)

The organisers have done an amazing job, they reinvented the production side of things especially and gave the tournament a champions league like feel; plus when you bring the name of a legend to the table it just makes everything even more special and gives the trophy prestige. In an era where everyone wants to protect their 0 it is great to see these promoters try and get the best in each weight to face each other to find the lineal champion. The SMW's didn't have as much depth as the CW's but am all for getting one step closer to limiting the number of alphabet titles on multiple people.

Already excited for the bantaweights next season, they have managed to nail the best once again; a series like this can really give the lower weights attention they rarely get as well.

Last edited:
Dillian Whyte beats Parker with a unanimous decision in a great fight.

Both fighters turned up to fight knowing a win will give them another title chance and a defeat will hurt their chances of ever fighting for the world title.

Parker started well but Dillian used his heavier weight to deliver some hurtful blows. He continued until round 12 where Parker came back strongly to knock him down but it was a little too late.

If Dillian can improve his fitness a little, I back him to be Joshua.
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] thoughts?

Dillian Whyte beats Parker with a unanimous decision in a great fight.

Both fighters turned up to fight knowing a win will give them another title chance and a defeat will hurt their chances of ever fighting for the world title.

Parker started well but Dillian used his heavier weight to deliver some hurtful blows. He continued until round 12 where Parker came back strongly to knock him down but it was a little too late.

If Dillian can improve his fitness a little, I back him to be Joshua.
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] thoughts?

In recent times I'd say Whyte's fitness / conditioning has improved dramatically thanks to all the training he has been doing with sports science experts at Loughboorough Uni, in this fight both Parker and Whyte only had 7 weeks to train; that's a very small camp for both men in what was essentially a very big fight in terms of their career prospects.

In those 7 weeks Dilian wouldn't have been able to get enough weight off and that showed in the fight, his balance hasn't been his biggest strength but when you're that big a unit you're going to have more issues and later on he did fatigue naturally but I though that despite that his work rate was impressive in the confines of the situation, and a lot of that is credit to the strength / conditioning work he has been doing.

Parker started of quiet well used his speed and movement effectively but Whyte cut him off very swiftly and dug in those body shots which slowed him down, I hate how the commies kept saying oh Parker neds to do more because it took credit away from Whyte and they had convinced themselves that Parker was going to win in any scenario imaginable. It's easier said then done when you have a big unit sucking the life out of you with heavy handed body shots, they don't call Dilian the body snatcher for nothing. The other positive I'd say was Dilians Jab which he used beautifully to control range against a guy with faster feet and to set up his counter left hook. Moving forward I agree with you though the weight needs to come off, a lighter Dilian will be more balanced and the footwork could improve to. But credit to his team, the Tibbs family are the smartest in the boxing world they have a knack for developing your ring generalship regardless of whether or not you have natural ability and Dilians has a very good fighting IQ.

Parker is still so young and man credit to both men for showing so much heart / toughness, I know he is samoan and they are all about loyalty but he needs to get rid of his amateur team if he wants to improve.

Dilian is a very under rated heavyweight and dangerous for any of the world champions but I hope he gets the credit he deserves after this win. AJ would be the favourite and if he controlled the fight at long range he will win, Whyte has improved but so has AJ since they last fought; he's a big unit and it's not easy to take his Jab away; at the same time though, AJ doesn't move so well like Parker and that will give Whyte more of an oppourtunity to get on the inside but he will have to fight the ref as well ;) I"ll be routing for the bodysnatcher, will always back him no matter what. Never quit on your dreams and work your behind off, Whyte is an inspiration for the entire UK when you look at his life journey then having to play the role of a spare wheel for majority of his fight career before his mental fortitude allowed him to weather all the storms much like before his boxing life, one hell of a character as well watch his interviews on ifltv.

Takam / Chisora was a war to lol did you watch that, so check this; Takam was one bommed by a Journeyman basically when he gave both AJ , Parker and Povetkin problems lol happy for Chisora, honestly if anyone deserves the pay of a big fight it is him for all the entertainment he has given us over the years.

In recent times I'd say Whyte's fitness / conditioning has improved dramatically thanks to all the training he has been doing with sports science experts at Loughboorough Uni, in this fight both Parker and Whyte only had 7 weeks to train; that's a very small camp for both men in what was essentially a very big fight in terms of their career prospects.

In those 7 weeks Dilian wouldn't have been able to get enough weight off and that showed in the fight, his balance hasn't been his biggest strength but when you're that big a unit you're going to have more issues and later on he did fatigue naturally but I though that despite that his work rate was impressive in the confines of the situation, and a lot of that is credit to the strength / conditioning work he has been doing.

Parker started of quiet well used his speed and movement effectively but Whyte cut him off very swiftly and dug in those body shots which slowed him down, I hate how the commies kept saying oh Parker neds to do more because it took credit away from Whyte and they had convinced themselves that Parker was going to win in any scenario imaginable. It's easier said then done when you have a big unit sucking the life out of you with heavy handed body shots, they don't call Dilian the body snatcher for nothing. The other positive I'd say was Dilians Jab which he used beautifully to control range against a guy with faster feet and to set up his counter left hook. Moving forward I agree with you though the weight needs to come off, a lighter Dilian will be more balanced and the footwork could improve to. But credit to his team, the Tibbs family are the smartest in the boxing world they have a knack for developing your ring generalship regardless of whether or not you have natural ability and Dilians has a very good fighting IQ.

Parker is still so young and man credit to both men for showing so much heart / toughness, I know he is samoan and they are all about loyalty but he needs to get rid of his amateur team if he wants to improve.

Dilian is a very under rated heavyweight and dangerous for any of the world champions but I hope he gets the credit he deserves after this win. AJ would be the favourite and if he controlled the fight at long range he will win, Whyte has improved but so has AJ since they last fought; he's a big unit and it's not easy to take his Jab away; at the same time though, AJ doesn't move so well like Parker and that will give Whyte more of an oppourtunity to get on the inside but he will have to fight the ref as well ;) I"ll be routing for the bodysnatcher, will always back him no matter what. Never quit on your dreams and work your behind off, Whyte is an inspiration for the entire UK when you look at his life journey then having to play the role of a spare wheel for majority of his fight career before his mental fortitude allowed him to weather all the storms much like before his boxing life, one hell of a character as well watch his interviews on ifltv.

Takam / Chisora was a war to lol did you watch that, so check this; Takam was one bommed by a Journeyman basically when he gave both AJ , Parker and Povetkin problems lol happy for Chisora, honestly if anyone deserves the pay of a big fight it is him for all the entertainment he has given us over the years.

Nice write up as always.

I thought Whyte got too involved in the championship rounds when he was clearly ahead on points. It happens when you are in a tear up but it could have cost him the fight with Parker having more gas and putting him on the floor. If Parker went harder a round eariler, it's possible he would have won by KO in the 11th or 12th. Having said that, im not taking anything of Whyte, it was a great performance.

I think AJ also lacks the fitness in the later rounds and it would turn into a massive slugfest with both fighters getting hit with flush shots. In such a scenario I would back Dillian.

No I haven't see it but will watch it later on. :)

Tyson Fury says negotiations over a fight with Deontay Wilder in December are "very close to being done".

The former heavyweight champion returned to the ring in June with a stoppage victory over Sefer Seferi at the Manchester Arena and takes on Francesco Pianeta in Belfast on August 18.

Fury has vowed to reclaim the world title and a fight with Wilder - the WBC heavyweight champion - would be only the 29-year-old's third fight in nearly three years.

Fury made the claim in a post on his Twitter page on Monday, saying: "I can confirm that me and Deontay Wilder are in negotiations. [It is] very close to being done.

"I can reveal that negotiations have been very strong for December. We are almost done with this deal.

"But I won't be looking over Francesco Pianeta. He is going to give me the right fight and the right work to prepare me for Wilder."

Wilder has been in talks over a unification fight with Anthony Joshua, but the two parties have yet to reach an agreement.

Joshua will defend his IBF, WBA 'super' and WBO titles against Alexander Povetkin at Wembley Stadium on September 22, live on Sky Sports Box Office, and will return to Wembley on April 13, 2019.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...ury-claims-to-be-in-talks-with-deontay-wilder

Wow, this is unexpected. I would have liked Fury to have fought 3/4 times after his comeback before taking this fight but lets see how he does.

Nice write up as always.

I thought Whyte got too involved in the championship rounds when he was clearly ahead on points. It happens when you are in a tear up but it could have cost him the fight with Parker having more gas and putting him on the floor. If Parker went harder a round eariler, it's possible he would have won by KO in the 11th or 12th. Having said that, im not taking anything of Whyte, it was a great performance.

I think AJ also lacks the fitness in the later rounds and it would turn into a massive slugfest with both fighters getting hit with flush shots. In such a scenario I would back Dillian.

No I haven't see it but will watch it later on. :)

Yeah he should have hung on but he went toe to toe despite carrying so much weight as well, Parker had thrown everything but the kitchen sink itself; towards the end either man was in danger of being KO'd imo.

AJ to be far in his last fight did 12 solid rounds without breaking a sweat but to be fair he wasn't really made to work too hard, however the biggest positive from his POV was that he showed he could remain diciplined over 12 rounds and stick to a game plan even if it meant making the fight very dull.

Mikey beat Easter in a great performance and then called out Spence, he has been lobbying for this fight emphatically. I rather see him face Loma but that wont happen because of the bitter nature of how he left Top Rank, Bob loves getting his fighters to sign a slave contract; Mikey realised this a bit too late and wanted to leave, then proceeded a 2 year battle in court before he could be a free man and during that time he was inactive during a big chunk of his prime, after all that I doubt he'd want to work with Bob again having left in such fashion and being treated like the B side during negotiations. Bob is great at getting you the fights you want but he always gets the biggest cut, the likes of Floyd, Cotto and Oscar made more money / became bigger stars once they left him.

The Spence fight can also be made very easily, Garcia has been working with Al for a while although he's not a PBC stable fighter like Spence. We've seen in the past only a few small men went onto become 147-154lb champions having started their careers from the lower division and those names ended up being some of the greatest ever in Floyd and Manny, can Mikey emulate them ? does he have the style to beat a Spence who will have 12 complete rounds to break him down ? I know how handicapped he will be but it's a fight I'd still pay to see

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...ury-claims-to-be-in-talks-with-deontay-wilder

Wow, this is unexpected. I would have liked Fury to have fought 3/4 times after his comeback before taking this fight but lets see how he does.

I agree, Fury is at least 1-2 years away from being match fit / @ peak form, this is unreal and I'd have thought Frank has been longer in this business to know better. I predict a Wilder KO within 6 rounds and am making that prediction because am 100% confident that Fury is nuts enough to fight him, many thought he was nuts when he went to Germany and while I gave him a shot more then others this is just insane! Admire his championship fighting spirit but don't think this is the best move, maybe his next fight will tell us a bit more but am not confident about him making the jump up in class so soon.

Last edited:
I agree, Fury is at least 1-2 years away from being match fit / @ peak form, this is unreal and I'd have thought Frank has been longer in this business to know better. I predict a Wilder KO within 6 rounds and am making that prediction because am 100% confident that Fury is nuts enough to fight him, many thought he was nuts when he went to Germany and while I gave him a shot more then others this is just insane! Admire his championship fighting spirit but don't think this is the best move, maybe his next fight will tell us a bit more but am not confident about him making the jump up in class so soon.

He seems a to have shed more weight since his last fight and im sure he will be fit to fight Wilder in December but his timing in the first fight was all over the place. He knew his opponent couldn't hurt him so was showboating until the chap quit.

Both are probably thinking to turn down a title fight and the money at this stage wouldn't be a good idea. We dont know what the future holds esp in the heavyweight division, a brutal KO can end anyones career. But yes I cant see him beating Wilder at this stage but he might get a fortunate shot in which could put Wilder on the floor. I am just a bit worried for Tyson if he gets beat up badly, he may suffer and decide to call it day.

Yeah he should have hung on but he went toe to toe despite carrying so much weight as well, Parker had thrown everything but the kitchen sink itself; towards the end either man was in danger of being KO'd imo.

AJ to be far in his last fight did 12 solid rounds without breaking a sweat but to be fair he wasn't really made to work too hard, however the biggest positive from his POV was that he showed he could remain diciplined over 12 rounds and stick to a game plan even if it meant making the fight very dull.

Mikey beat Easter in a great performance and then called out Spence, he has been lobbying for this fight emphatically. I rather see him face Loma but that wont happen because of the bitter nature of how he left Top Rank, Bob loves getting his fighters to sign a slave contract; Mikey realised this a bit too late and wanted to leave, then proceeded a 2 year battle in court before he could be a free man and during that time he was inactive during a big chunk of his prime, after all that I doubt he'd want to work with Bob again having left in such fashion and being treated like the B side during negotiations. Bob is great at getting you the fights you want but he always gets the biggest cut, the likes of Floyd, Cotto and Oscar made more money / became bigger stars once they left him.

The Spence fight can also be made very easily, Garcia has been working with Al for a while although he's not a PBC stable fighter like Spence. We've seen in the past only a few small men went onto become 147-154lb champions having started their careers from the lower division and those names ended up being some of the greatest ever in Floyd and Manny, can Mikey emulate them ? does he have the style to beat a Spence who will have 12 complete rounds to break him down ? I know how handicapped he will be but it's a fight I'd still pay to see

Mikey will give Spence the fight of his life so far, there is no doubt but Spence is technically near perfect, hardly loses his balance and is very accurate now. If Spence plays it smart he can continue as champion for a many years to come as currently nobody is really in his league in his division.

Mikey will give Spence the fight of his life so far, there is no doubt but Spence is technically near perfect, hardly loses his balance and is very accurate now. If Spence plays it smart he can continue as champion for a many years to come as currently nobody is really in his league in his division.

I agree but Spence is just so big even for a 147 pounder, a weight which he started his career at even as an amateur. he's the type of guy who could easily make 154 and match up physically to the champions. And if we forget about his size, he's also very skilful to like you say. In comparison Mikey made his debut at featherweight, my heart says he will win but head says Spence :mv will route for Garcia though and iA he pulls it off and if he did, without a doubt he would become the undisputed P4P no.1 in the world.

He seems a to have shed more weight since his last fight and im sure he will be fit to fight Wilder in December but his timing in the first fight was all over the place. He knew his opponent couldn't hurt him so was showboating until the chap quit.

Both are probably thinking to turn down a title fight and the money at this stage wouldn't be a good idea. We dont know what the future holds esp in the heavyweight division, a brutal KO can end anyones career. But yes I cant see him beating Wilder at this stage but he might get a fortunate shot in which could put Wilder on the floor. I am just a bit worried for Tyson if he gets beat up badly, he may suffer and decide to call it day.

The other thing, is it just me or are you not convinced with his trainer Ben Davison ? he seems like the type of guy who is great at getting you to lose weight during boxercise classes but what can he do when it comes to actual boxing and providing important corner advice in trying times ? I don't know what happened between Tyson and Peter, but his uncle knew his stuff after years in the sport. In the ideal situation it would have been great to have both in the same camp but it's not to be.

The other thing, is it just me or are you not convinced with his trainer Ben Davison ? he seems like the type of guy who is great at getting you to lose weight during boxercise classes but what can he do when it comes to actual boxing and providing important corner advice in trying times ? I don't know what happened between Tyson and Peter, but his uncle knew his stuff after years in the sport. In the ideal situation it would have been great to have both in the same camp but it's not to be.

I was thinking the same bro. His trainer seems to be good at working on his fitness, using all sort of techniques to help him back into shape quickly but the actual boxing work isnt very impressive from what Ive seen or read. He seems to be in awe of Tyson and probably doesnt want to risk saying the wrong things in terms of boxing work. Imo he needs a trainer who is no-nonsense , mabye even a little arrogant and who knows boxing inside out. Goosen who Amir has taken on board looks perfect for someone like Tyson.

I was thinking the same bro. His trainer seems to be good at working on his fitness, using all sort of techniques to help him back into shape quickly but the actual boxing work isnt very impressive from what Ive seen or read. He seems to be in awe of Tyson and probably doesnt want to risk saying the wrong things in terms of boxing work. Imo he needs a trainer who is no-nonsense , mabye even a little arrogant and who knows boxing inside out. Goosen who Amir has taken on board looks perfect for someone like Tyson.

Am not downplaying the role of Ben and I understand Tyson wanted to be around someone who is a similar age to him so they can both have a lot of fun and make boxing training enjoyable, bring that spark back etc after a down period but when things get serious there will be huge question marks and Ben just doesn't have the credentials, I feel like Fury will have to do it all on his own. When he was mucking around in his last fight, his dad had to scold him in his corner; never a good sign when that should be his trainers job but the two have too much of a personal lovey dovey boys will be boys like friendship and that can affect your mindset in the ring and how well you respond to corner advice.

And check this:

:)))

Can't wait for that fight, one of my if not the most anticipated fight of the year for me.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

Kovalev loses his title to a bloke called Alvarez, I"ll admit had not seen him fight before but researching his background the guy has serious amateur pedigree and boasted wins over Bute and Pascal prior to this fight with Kovalev. He has a very good in-ring IQ and boy oh boy did his team do their home work :)) you could tell they extensively studied the Ward defeats, the stiff jab and body work were the major keys to victory for him. Alvarez movement was also excellent.

Surely now even you will give Ward more credit for those wins :)) I like watching Kovalev he's always in exciting fights but the question marks on his heart remain, he kept on signalling during this fight that the body shots were too low when they were on the belt; he did the same when he was getting hurt with stiff jabs and right cross counters in the Ward fight. It was almost a mirror image except Alvarez controlled proceeding at mid range before going in for the kill.

Was excited to see a Russian derby between Bivol and Kovalev, it could still happen but wont be as big unless Kovalev managed to avenge this defeat. Am liking this LHW division, we just need politics to stay out and the big fights to be made. So much talent, Bivol, Alvarez, Jack, Stevenson, Berterbiev, Barrera and Smith JR; amazing depth amongst the top 10.

On the bright side maybe Adonis Chickenson will be compelled to finally step in the ring with Kovalev ?

Kovalev loses his title to a bloke called Alvarez, I"ll admit had not seen him fight before but researching his background the guy has serious amateur pedigree and boasted wins over Bute and Pascal prior to this fight with Kovalev. He has a very good in-ring IQ and boy oh boy did his team do their home work :)) you could tell they extensively studied the Ward defeats, the stiff jab and body work were the major keys to victory for him. Alvarez movement was also excellent.

Surely now even you will give Ward more credit for those wins :)) I like watching Kovalev he's always in exciting fights but the question marks on his heart remain, he kept on signalling during this fight that the body shots were too low when they were on the belt; he did the same when he was getting hurt with stiff jabs and right cross counters in the Ward fight. It was almost a mirror image except Alvarez controlled proceeding at mid range before going in for the kill.

Was excited to see a Russian derby between Bivol and Kovalev, it could still happen but wont be as big unless Kovalev managed to avenge this defeat. Am liking this LHW division, we just need politics to stay out and the big fights to be made. So much talent, Bivol, Alvarez, Jack, Stevenson, Berterbiev, Barrera and Smith JR; amazing depth amongst the top 10.

On the bright side maybe Adonis Chickenson will be compelled to finally step in the ring with Kovalev ?

Kovalev was pretty much schooled :)) . Alvarez looks a solid fighter, they way he fought at a perfect distance using his timed jab broke down his opponent as the rounds went by . I dont think Kovalev can make any excuses, he was beat up in every way.

It would be interesting to these two Adonis and Kovalev have it out but thats if they do attack each other. Jack didn't hold back against Stevenson which made the fighte interesting which Jack was robbed of imo. But maybe as they both have a lot to prove after their last performances, it could be a good scarp.

Am not downplaying the role of Ben and I understand Tyson wanted to be around someone who is a similar age to him so they can both have a lot of fun and make boxing training enjoyable, bring that spark back etc after a down period but when things get serious there will be huge question marks and Ben just doesn't have the credentials, I feel like Fury will have to do it all on his own. When he was mucking around in his last fight, his dad had to scold him in his corner; never a good sign when that should be his trainers job but the two have too much of a personal lovey dovey boys will be boys like friendship and that can affect your mindset in the ring and how well you respond to corner advice.

And check this:

:)))

Can't wait for that fight, one of my if not the most anticipated fight of the year for me.

Both are trying to look calm and relaxed but underneath are itching to go at it. Should be a very good fight and a KO is very much on the cards.

Hope Fury vs Wilder gets made, then it shows what a **** house AJ/hearn were trying to make stupid contract demands for the proposed wilder fight.

Kovalev was pretty much schooled :)) . Alvarez looks a solid fighter, they way he fought at a perfect distance using his timed jab broke down his opponent as the rounds went by . I dont think Kovalev can make any excuses, he was beat up in every way.

It would be interesting to these two Adonis and Kovalev have it out but thats if they do attack each other. Jack didn't hold back against Stevenson which made the fighte interesting which Jack was robbed of imo. But maybe as they both have a lot to prove after their last performances, it could be a good scarp.

Jack just started too slow and that cost him big time in the end, we all know Adonis tries to take your head off in the first 6 and that's what happened in the end, his team had the right game plan but you don't want to give away rounds just like that. I really wanted to score that fight in favour of Jack because am a big fan and you know how much I dislike Chickenson but that draw was fair for me and he did show some heart to withstand some serious trouble towards the end, in a way despite the result the performance didn't hurt him given the quality of opponents on his resume. Ward took away Kovalev's soul am not sure he's the same fighter but Stevenson could be the opponent to bring back the desire and will.

Hope Fury vs Wilder gets made, then it shows what a **** house AJ/hearn were trying to make stupid contract demands for the proposed wilder fight.

It's nuts to see Fury taking this fight so soon but when you look at everything he stands for, it wouldn't be a huge shock if this fight does end up materialising.

Both are trying to look calm and relaxed but underneath are itching to go at it. Should be a very good fight and a KO is very much on the cards.

Without a doubt, has to be a potential FOTY :)) these two are goig to try and take each others heads off, it's do or die as well, they've been in limbo since Thurman has been inactive at 147 lb, this is their chance to get back to the top. From Garcia's POV, if he wins there could be a mega pay day waiting for him in England :ashwin

Without a doubt, has to be a potential FOTY :)) these two are goig to try and take each others heads off, it's do or die as well, they've been in limbo since Thurman has been inactive at 147 lb, this is their chance to get back to the top. From Garcia's POV, if he wins there could be a mega pay day waiting for him in England :ashwin

I would be great to see Garcia v Khan in the UK. But could this still happen if he loses?

I would be great to see Garcia v Khan in the UK. But could this still happen if he loses?

For sure, it would do amazing numbers regardless and there is so much history between the two. There are millions of haters in the UK that have been waking up every morning for the last 6 years or so to watch footage of Garcia KOing Khan before boasting about it on social media, in the bar, the shisha lounges and what not; it has almost become a part of pop culture for them. If the fight is announced these people will be the first to buy tickets whether there is a world title or not, and then they will leave the night disappointed for the 30 something time :yk But am sure Garcia will lift that world title once again, Porter is made for him. If it goes to the cards then it will be very close but am hoping for a stoppage or some knock downs along the way.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Please, the album is FIRE &#55357;&#56613; <a href="https://t.co/PxzYDfUWQn">https://t.co/PxzYDfUWQn</a></p>— Andre S.O.G. Ward (@andreward) <a href="https://twitter.com/andreward/status/1026547498368659456?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">6 August 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmJcv-UAa7e/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=8o6kqknmxl8q

:))

The man commands so much respect in the sport, I feel content that more and more folk are starting to give him the credit he never got during his career.

:))

Great character. I really dont understand why people never gave him the dues he deserved. The chap was not even arguably the no.P4P fighter for a long time. Only when Mayweather made a return he could debate this position.

It's nuts to see Fury taking this fight so soon but when you look at everything he stands for, it wouldn't be a huge shock if this fight does end up materialising.

If it is made, just shows fury is happy fighting best and is not a cowards. Just shows up hearn/AJ would be a good thing.

If it is made, just shows fury is happy fighting best and is not a cowards. Just shows up hearn/AJ would be a good thing.

AJ wouldn't even allow Wilder to appear ring side at his fights, I suppose that reflects in his stance as far as Wilder is concerned. Given how easily Fury / Wilder has been made you got to seriously question AJ really. I could be wrong but they will be praying Fury wins so they can set up a super fight in the UK, we may have another Lennox/Bowe situation. Anyhow, all the legacy and lineage is with Fury and among alphabet titles Wilder holds the most prestigious world title; there's an argument to be made now that this is the biggest heavyweight fight in the division and it will be for the undisputed lineal heavyweight championship.

Fury looked surprisingly decent in his fight today, got the rounds in and showed of his trademark elusiveness; didn't need that extra gear and his style has never depended on loading up on his punches. Still feel like he is 2-3 fights away from being 100% match fit but the more I think about this, Tyson even coming of this lay off is a dangerous opponent for Wilder and I welcome two of the best facing each other for once. Easily the biggest fight not just in HW Boxing for a while but in all of Boxing and the biggest in 2018 for sure.

Warren showing up all the pretenders by showing why he is a Hall of Fame promoter with some fantastic fights:

Dk6mnGKXcAAPPWV.jpg:large

Not pleased with the action being taken to BT because it is harder for me to access compared to Boxnation but there's a bigger PPV market on BT and all those fights are PPV worthy.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">Hi <a href="https://twitter.com/SkySportsBoxing?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SkySportsBoxing</a> &#55357;&#56395; <a href="https://t.co/GjZy2a12aC">pic.twitter.com/GjZy2a12aC</a></p>— Frank Warren (@frankwarren_tv) <a href="https://twitter.com/frankwarren_tv/status/1035500610102194176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">31 August 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Frank getting out his golden hall of fame shovel today to bury sky sports :))

Fantastic fight of the year candidate between Garcia / Porter which I'd have imagined would be tough to score but it also comes down to preference, the judges on this occasion went for work rate over the cleaner blows from Garcia. I had Danny up by a point but can't disagree with two of the judges who had him win by 2 points I believe. It was very close and an entertaining back and forth chess match, it's great to see an active WBC world champion at 147 lb; hopefully Keith returns sooner rather then later as well, great for the division that we have a new champion.

The more I think about it, feel as if Garcia deserved to win. Punches landed should be a bigger criterion then Punches thrown, Porter had his moments but most of his work was messy and he was landing glazing blows while most of the telling and cleaner punches came from Garcia. What did you guys think [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] and did you catch the Khan fight as well

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] - hope you're well, the GGG - Canelo rematch has really piqued my interest and I can't wait for the fight to take place, I want to know what your prediction for the bout is?

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] - hope you're well, the GGG - Canelo rematch has really piqued my interest and I can't wait for the fight to take place, I want to know what your prediction for the bout is?

Am well alhamdullilah, hope you're ok to my friend. If am honest, not as excited due to Canelo's failed drug test; rated his skill very highly and to see the sports biggest star in the aftermath of Floyd/Manny get caught was disheartening. I know many are juicing but when they get caught then it's just not the same. But I am going to be watching the fight and routing for GGG.

Amir recently made a really interesting point, he said that if Canelo was taking the good stuff throughout his career then mentally he may not be the same because he'd be going into the ring without his biggest weapon. We saw how Antonio Margarito was pummelled by Cotto in the rematch after winning the first when he had used illegal hand wraps. So I feel like the psychological advantage is in favour of Triple G and many times this is all you need to win a pick em like this which can be very hard to predict. But if I compared the skill levels of the two then I'd have to go with Canelo as I did last year but my prediction for this fight will be a Triple G win.

Am well alhamdullilah, hope you're ok to my friend. If am honest, not as excited due to Canelo's failed drug test; rated his skill very highly and to see the sports biggest star in the aftermath of Floyd/Manny get caught was disheartening. I know many are juicing but when they get caught then it's just not the same. But I am going to be watching the fight and routing for GGG.

Amir recently made a really interesting point, he said that if Canelo was taking the good stuff throughout his career then mentally he may not be the same because he'd be going into the ring without his biggest weapon. We saw how Antonio Margarito was pummelled by Cotto in the rematch after winning the first when he had used illegal hand wraps. So I feel like the psychological advantage is in favour of Triple G and many times this is all you need to win a pick em like this which can be very hard to predict. But if I compared the skill levels of the two then I'd have to go with Canelo as I did last year but my prediction for this fight will be a Triple G win.

All good here too bro. I'm rooting for GGG to win and I hope he does it by KO, crushing Canelo in the process but I'm also aware that physically Canelo is better, but we'll see on fight night, how much the juice was giving him an edge or at all.

Do you think Canelo can improve his stamina, I've heard that he's slimmed down so he can be more active and work longer in rounds to sway the judges - tactically can either man do better, this time out?

I hope GGG wins this convincingly. Boxing seems a hell of a lot less strict with drug taking fighters. We so what lamont did in the amir khan match and now canelo. I'm hoping that as soon as GGG lands one Canelo feels it..then we'll see how much the juice has taken out of him..

Back