Boxing Thread

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

Your thoughts on Clenelo and contamintated meat? ;)

Your thoughts on Clenelo and contamintated meat? ;)

It's like ball tampering isn't it, we know a lot of these blokes are doing it but it's who is able to cover their tracks best. Fortunately in the current era we have testing to a certain degree which still requires reform but it's a lot better compared to the past. As for Canelo, he has tainted his career and legacy; every victory will have a ? next to it in recent times. And from what I gather there's not as much hype for the rematch now after the suspension.

Providing that fight does not go on and Canelo is stripped of his titles then GGG vs Billy Joe Saunders is the next super fight at 160 lb and BJS can beat him.

Am 100% certain Femi is on the good stuff as well.

Joshua v Parker

Rubbish fight, Joshua over rated lump who has nothing about him. Parker tried but in another era he would never be a champion.

Tyson Fury please come back, heavyweight boxing needs you !

Joshua v Parker

Rubbish fight, Joshua over rated lump who has nothing about him. Parker tried but in another era he would never be a champion.

Tyson Fury please come back, heavyweight boxing needs you !

Man Joshua fans are something else :)) goodness me

Povetkin / Price was great really enjoyed it, Joshua / Parker should have delivered on the action front and it might have were it not for the ref but it is what it is. When you have so many of these alphabet titles then a lot of these guys have a chance but when it comes to quality look for the lineal championship and Tyson held that, hope his return is successful.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Boxer wears anti-immigrant trunks, gets soundly beaten by Mexican opponent: <a href="https://t.co/6aQO9ZcfMC">https://t.co/6aQO9ZcfMC</a> <a href="https://t.co/JzmDNBbwYZ">pic.twitter.com/JzmDNBbwYZ</a></p>— Deadspin (@Deadspin) <a href="https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/984834659329638410?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 13, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Broner v Vargas, what a fight! Vargas started like a stream train, throwing punches continusoly throughout the first 6 rounds which Broner found difficult to stop. Both fighters showed a lot of heart in the this fight and although I feel Broner had the better power shots , he just didnt throw enough shots early in the fight. Vargas on the other hand put all his eggs in the first 6 rounds which meant he was out of steam from round 8 onwards. Huge respect to both fighters, entertained everyone and I feel the draw was a fair result.

Broner v Vargas, what a fight! Vargas started like a stream train, throwing punches continusoly throughout the first 6 rounds which Broner found difficult to stop. Both fighters showed a lot of heart in the this fight and although I feel Broner had the better power shots , he just didnt throw enough shots early in the fight. Vargas on the other hand put all his eggs in the first 6 rounds which meant he was out of steam from round 8 onwards. Huge respect to both fighters, entertained everyone and I feel the draw was a fair result.

Man I was watching the fight and was thinking calm the hell down @ the fans booing in rounds 1-3, Americans are so blood thirsty :)) with the talent and stakes you just knew the fight would explode eventually I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a very close fight I had Broner winning but can't argue with the draw, it comes down to preference; Vargas's work rate or Broner's power punches ? both guys will look back and regret coasting during round 12, it seems to me the judges were not shy to score many of the rounds 10 / 10 and that's how close they were at times. But man what a fight, the welterweight division is so stacked ! even Ortiz / Alexaner was entertaining a couple of months ago.

Am just thinking who would be a better stylistic fit for Khan? Vargas is very very under rated in my opinion, he's a very shrewd fighter and while Broner's work rate could be better he's terrific when he lets those hands go and uses his feet.

Man I was watching the fight and was thinking calm the hell down @ the fans booing in rounds 1-3, Americans are so blood thirsty :)) with the talent and stakes you just knew the fight would explode eventually I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a very close fight I had Broner winning but can't argue with the draw, it comes down to preference; Vargas's work rate or Broner's power punches ? both guys will look back and regret coasting during round 12, it seems to me the judges were not shy to score many of the rounds 10 / 10 and that's how close they were at times. But man what a fight, the welterweight division is so stacked ! even Ortiz / Alexaner was entertaining a couple of months ago.

Am just thinking who would be a better stylistic fit for Khan? Vargas is very very under rated in my opinion, he's a very shrewd fighter and while Broner's work rate could be better he's terrific when he lets those hands go and uses his feet.

Those body shots Vargas threw, I could feel the pain sitting on my sofa at home! Yes, I feel for Vargas he has lost only to two very good fighters in Manny and Bradley, so doesn't the credit he desrerves.

I think both fighters are a danger to Khan, they dont hold back but I think if Amir can box smart, keep his distance and throw his combinations he should win a unanimoous points decision against both of them. If Amir can bring them to the UK he will have an even bigger advantage, his fans will go crazy over a fight with Broner. A couple of my friends went Saturday and said the atmosphere was electric, after the fight Dhools were being played in the city cente and everyone was loving it.

Those body shots Vargas threw, I could feel the pain sitting on my sofa at home! Yes, I feel for Vargas he has lost only to two very good fighters in Manny and Bradley, so doesn't the credit he desrerves.

I think both fighters are a danger to Khan, they dont hold back but I think if Amir can box smart, keep his distance and throw his combinations he should win a unanimoous points decision against both of them. If Amir can bring them to the UK he will have an even bigger advantage, his fans will go crazy over a fight with Broner. A couple of my friends went Saturday and said the atmosphere was electric, after the fight Dhools were being played in the city cente and everyone was loving it.

Manny on that night performed the best he had in years and there was no shame losing to a fighter of that calibre but Vargas competed, Bradley did a great job in that fight but Vargas almost stopped him in the final round but the ref saved Bradley by ringing the bell too early when there was still time in the round, Vargas thought he had won by TKO and started celebrating lol

I agree both are a threat, Khan needs rounds under his belt before facing those blokes. With the money in the UK it's a possibility, it was an incredible atmosphere reminded me of those days on ITV with Amir headlining; even Hearn said he had not experienced anything quiet like it. Even though Amir has his haters there are still millions who remember the kid that won the silver at 17 and came home from athens a national hero as the sole member of the GB boxing team before thrilling national audiences in the pro ranks with action packed fights during a time when many TV channels wanted to pull the plug on Boxing, British Boxing owes him a great deal and for me there is just no fighter that can match his star power in the UK and beyond combined

Last edited:
Manny on that night performed the best he had in years and there was no shame losing to a fighter of that calibre but Vargas competed, Bradley did a great job in that fight but Vargas almost stopped him in the final round but the ref saved Bradley by ringing the bell too early when there was still time in the round, Vargas thought he had won by TKO and started celebrating lol

I agree both are a threat, Khan needs rounds under his belt before facing those blokes. With the money in the UK it's a possibility, it was an incredible atmosphere reminded me of those days on ITV with Amir headlining; even Hearn said he had not experienced anything quiet like it. Even though Amir has his haters there are still millions who remember the kid that won the silver at 17 and came home from athens a national hero as the sole member of the GB boxing team before thrilling national audiences in the pro ranks with action packed fights during a time when many TV channels wanted to pull the plug on Boxing, British Boxing owes him a great deal and for me there is just no fighter that can match his star power in the UK and beyond combined

It was also nice to see the undercard had a few Asian figthers, I dont think they showed their fights, do you know how they did?

Frampton v Donaire was also a good fight but sadly Donaire is well past his best but we got to see a few of his great uppercuts again. Frampton looked in great shape, was sharpe and enjoyed the challenge. I hope does get a re-match against Leo Santa Cruz now, he deserves it.

It was also nice to see the undercard had a few Asian figthers, I dont think they showed their fights, do you know how they did?

Frampton v Donaire was also a good fight but sadly Donaire is well past his best but we got to see a few of his great uppercuts again. Frampton looked in great shape, was sharpe and enjoyed the challenge. I hope does get a re-match against Leo Santa Cruz now, he deserves it.

I didn't get to watch them they didn't air the fights but both Osman and Qais got wins under their belt, Qais among the two has more potential at the top level. It was an ok fight, Donaire competed but like you say is past his best; it's unfortunate the likes of Frampton ducked him and Rigondeaux in their prime.

I read that the WBC removed Errol Spence from their ranking because he refused to enrol on their clean boxing program

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

Given Thurman's inactivity due to injuries he has been stripped off his WBC world title but when he returns the new champion must immediately face him. Now Danny Garcia v Porter who were meant to fight for the mandatory position will now fight for the full 147lb WBC World Welterweight Championship. I think it's the correct decision and provides the opportunity to create some great fights. From Amir's POV it's great to, am routing for Garcia; then potentially a stadium fight with Amir for the world title here in England, I know team Garcia have not fancies the rematch in the past but surely they wont be able to turn down a lucrative offer, Khan would be given the perfect platform to get some redemption and not only beat Garcia but become champion at the same time

WBC have also ordered Wilder to defend his title against Brezeale, strange considering Whyte should be their no.1 contender but he will probably end up facing Pulev while AJ defends his belt against Povetkin, look forward to Fury's return in June as well

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

Given Thurman's inactivity due to injuries he has been stripped off his WBC world title but when he returns the new champion must immediately face him. Now Danny Garcia v Porter who were meant to fight for the mandatory position will now fight for the full 147lb WBC World Welterweight Championship. I think it's the correct decision and provides the opportunity to create some great fights. From Amir's POV it's great to, am routing for Garcia; then potentially a stadium fight with Amir for the world title here in England, I know team Garcia have not fancies the rematch in the past but surely they wont be able to turn down a lucrative offer, Khan would be given the perfect platform to get some redemption and not only beat Garcia but become champion at the same time

I think the WBC have done the right thing here, poor Thurman has been plaugued by injury after injury so it's not right for him to keep a belt when others are ready to fight for it. I believe he is still the WBA champion. Yes things seem to be working out for Khan and if he can beat a decent named fighter next surely Garcia will offer him a big fight as the money would be huge. I do think Garcia will beat Porter who isn't the same fighter he was in the past.

WBC have also ordered Wilder to defend his title against Brezeale, strange considering Whyte should be their no.1 contender but he will probably end up facing Pulev while AJ defends his belt against Povetkin, look forward to Fury's return in June as well

Ive read Whyte feels Wilder is being protected which might seem the case but I doubt Wilder will worry about being beaten by Dillian even though imo Whyte could win the fight with his persistent coming forward and not holding back from a tear up. AJ is a waste of money until he fights either Fury, Wilder or even Dillian again.

Ive read Whyte feels Wilder is being protected which might seem the case but I doubt Wilder will worry about being beaten by Dillian even though imo Whyte could win the fight with his persistent coming forward and not holding back from a tear up. AJ is a waste of money until he fights either Fury, Wilder or even Dillian again.

Whyte I think is also annoyed because the WBC ordered that he face Ortiz when they know he wont take on such a risk, Ortiz is a very dangerous opponent for Whyte I don't think he will face him as much as I love Dilian but Pulev is still a great challenge for him but a better stylistic match up from his POV. I still rate Povetkin but he is too small and his movement is not explosive but if he can work on the inside he can cause AJ serious problems, Parker I think is a bigger unit then Povetkin and he didn't press forward like I thought he would (also due to the ref) so it could be another dull fight.

I think the WBC have done the right thing here, poor Thurman has been plaugued by injury after injury so it's not right for him to keep a belt when others are ready to fight for it. I believe he is still the WBA champion. Yes things seem to be working out for Khan and if he can beat a decent named fighter next surely Garcia will offer him a big fight as the money would be huge. I do think Garcia will beat Porter who isn't the same fighter he was in the past.

Am super excited I think Porter / Garcia is one hell of a match up, it could potentially be a FOTY candidate. Porter is a great fighter who always brings it but he has lost most of his big fights, to be fair he gave Thurman hell and it was very close. I favour Garcia as well he's just too slick, Porter loves to go toe to toe but that would play into Garcia's counters; it could be a close fight though, Porter will certainly be the one who has the superior work rate but Garcia will hurt him with the cleaner shots and maybe even cause a knockdown

Haye v Bellew: Only 'spectacular' win will delay retirement plans, says David Haye

David Haye says nothing other than an emphatic win over Tony Bellew in their heavyweight rematch will stave off the prospect of retirement.

The pair meet again at London's O2 Arena on Saturday.

Haye says he is "a different animal" to the fighter Bellew stopped 14 months ago.

"A split decision win against Tony Bellew suggests my time has come and is long gone," Haye, 37, told BBC Radio 5 live.

"A spectacular knockout where I look like my old self, that could make things very interesting in the heavyweight division."

Bellew, 35, has mocked Haye, stating the former world heavyweight champion has no intention of challenging for a title and has instead looked to "rob the bank" by cherry-picking fights since taking three years away from the sport in 2012.

Haye is adamant he can earn a shot at the division's champions - Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder - having lost his WBA world title to Wladimir Klitschko in 2011.

He has conceded defeat to Bellew would leave him facing retirement but asked what route he would take if he only narrowly avenges his loss from last year, he told BBC Radio 5 live's boxing podcast: "I would have to accept that it wasn't meant to be.

"Right now it doesn't feel that way. I feel fast, explosive and Tony Bellew is going to have to feel the wrath of it.

"Against Klitschko, that was my chance and I failed. I believe if everything is on point, I'm healthy and have Ismael Salas training me, improving me daily, I believe I can prove I am the best in the world.

"If I prove it against Bellew, the world is my oyster."

Salas - who has coached over 20 world champions - became animated at Monday's news conference when Bellew described Haye as "one of the most dangerous four-round fighters in the world". The Cuban trainer insisted Haye would be prepared to go 12 competitive rounds for the first time in almost seven years.

It is clear Haye is happy for the team around him to engage in trading insults with Bellew rather than doing so himself. His behaviour and words before their first contest resulted in a fine from the British Boxing Board of Control but he feels it hindered his performance.

The Bermondsey fighter insists his "mindset was wrong" and that he "underestimated" Bellew, resulting in a performance he feels was as ragged as anything he has offered since he was "13 or 14 years of age".

Haye added: "Everything with Tony Bellew is negative and angry, he's a big ball of hate and I went down into the gutter with him last time. It brought the worst of me and the worst out of me in the ring.

"I am a whole different animal now, physically, emotionally. People laugh when I say it but, spiritually, I am in a whole different zone. Last time around it was all very dark and very negative.

"This time around I'm doing my thing with my team, a nice positive vibe, having fun and not engaging in any of his negativity. You will see a positive performance on the night. They say negativity breeds negativity. I never want to go into that zone ever again."

Haye started training with Salas after undergoing Achilles surgery on the injury he sustained six rounds into his 11th-round stoppage defeat to Bellew.

A biceps operation saw a rematch postponed in December but Haye now believes he is in peak condition having also started working with strength and conditioning coach Ruben Tabares again.

Tabares oversaw Haye's conditioning in camp when he wrested the WBA heavyweight title from Nikolay Valuev in 2009.

"Ismael was the first guy I thought I'd want ideally to take me to that next level," Haye added.

"I am going to need something special, someone who has been there before at world level. He has 40 years' experience training Cuban fighters and the likes of Jorge Linares. He's not telling you stuff because he thinks it's right, he knows it's right.

"When someone is telling you from experience it has that little bit more weight to it. It's like going to school every day."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/43965297

Wasn't really a spectacular win for Haye, was it? Bellew destroyed him

The guy seriously needs to retire. He looked like an old shot fighter in there.

Belllew took him apart. Disappointed with Haye. Wouldn't be surprised to see him retire soon.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Your review of the Bellow - Haye fight? :facepalm:

A lot of the guys going OTT are usually folk who are not even paying customers and usually stream everything. Maybe a few years ago I'd have a similar view but fights like these are PPV worthy (although disagree with the £20 tag) when you look at how much they boost the sport in our country and public demand, right now the UK is the boxing capital of the planet and our golden generation in terms of the sports popularity.

Matchroom and sky always build their events so well, Bellew / Haye was also a very heated / personal rivalry and it creates a big spectacle for the public, on top of that talent on the under card benefit from the exposure to.

As for the fight itself, it was never going to be a purists dream match up but it is difficult to overlook the tension and suspense when folk watch the fight live. And believe it or not Haye was the favourite once again, its a testament to how much respect people have for his accomplishments to the extent that they'd expect a win past his peak over a fighter who was at his peak. This is also because Bellew is under rated a little then again he hasn't achieved no where near as much as David and he isn't deluded in that regard either.

To Bellew's credit it was the best I have ever seen him, but Haye's style has always been dependent on speed, sharp reflex's and explosive movement; with age these decline, its a little similar to Tyson in the 90s although David's body is broken and he couldn't even put weight on his back foot handicaping his power shots. I hope Haye retires and Bellew, not his biggest fan but never great to see a man break down like he did after the fight; his brother in law past away not so long ago and he has been through hell during camp, plus the Haye fights just took so much out of him mentally. Tony has over achieved being someone wih limited natural ability, if I was him I'd listen to the partner and call it a day. And no one wants to see a fighter of Haye's calibre continue in this state when the heart wants to fight but the body just don't respond, he will remain a british legend and one of the greatest CW's in history.

Heads up, biggest fight of the year tonight. KING Jorge Linares vs HITEK Lomachenko in a mouthwatering super fight to crown the number one P4P fighter on the planet in my opinion, for UK viewers you can watch this on sky channel 427 (Boxnation) or subscribe to Boxnation online to get the live stream.

For me, this is Lomacheno's biggest test in his career thus far because the playing field will be levelled in terms of weight, for Linares this is his career defining fight; he has been a great champion for over half a decade and neither fighter has met an opponent like the other. Will Linares be able to neutralise Loma from the waist down with his signature body work or will the speed / movement / pressure and high volume punching of Loma be too much for him ? that's the main battle in the fight for me.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION]

Heads up, biggest fight of the year tonight. KING Jorge Linares vs HITEK Lomachenko in a mouthwatering super fight to crown the number one P4P fighter on the planet in my opinion, for UK viewers you can watch this on sky channel 427 (Boxnation) or subscribe to Boxnation online to get the live stream.

For me, this is Lomacheno's biggest test in his career thus far because the playing field will be levelled in terms of weight, for Linares this is his career defining fight; he has been a great champion for over half a decade and neither fighter has met an opponent like the other. Will Linares be able to neutralise Loma from the waist down with his signature body work or will the speed / movement / pressure and high volume punching of Loma be too much for him ? that's the main battle in the fight for me.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION]

Ring walk time in the UK will be between 2-3am, not too bad given that most US main events can have a start time of 5am usually.

In one of the GREATEST SUPER FIGHTS OF ALL TIME ! Lomachenko stops Linares in the 10th round with a devastating body shot ! just before the stoppage I had Linares just ahead by a whisker and he was really coming on strong in the second half especially after knocking Loma down for the first time in over a decade pro or amateur level ! INCREDIBLE ACTION ! make sure you guys check the fight out, absolute quality, the heart ! the skill ! the tactical warfare ! it had it all.

Many had already proclaimed Loma as the best based on him beating fighters below his natural weight, but on this night he finally earned the P4P title and when you face the absolute elite you're bound to get tested. No shame in defeat for Linares who for me never really gets enough credit but I hope more recognise his pedigree, he has been one hell of a champion and fought like one today; that body shot takes out any fighter between 130-147 lb, a real beauty that liver shot. I feel he could have worked the body a little more but he attacked it more then previous Loma opponents, the idea to cut him off was the right one but he should have used his reach a bit more and used his feet to get out of the pocket. Loma's high volume combination punching is just insane and not easy to dissect.

Would love to see Garcia / Loma at some point, that would be an even bigger test for Lomachenko. But for now he is the man and deserves all the credit in the world and a real treat to watch.

That was one awesome fight. Lomachenko with the body punching is boss.

That was one awesome fight. Lomachenko with the body punching is boss.

Check this documentary mate

Have never seen any combat sportsman approach battle in the same manner as Loma

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TeamPacquiao?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TeamPacquiao</a> <a href="https://t.co/lVMwnBeQz7">pic.twitter.com/lVMwnBeQz7</a></p>— Manny Pacquiao (@mannypacquiao) <a href="https://twitter.com/mannypacquiao/status/995744368509177856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">13 May 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In one of the GREATEST SUPER FIGHTS OF ALL TIME ! Lomachenko stops Linares in the 10th round with a devastating body shot ! just before the stoppage I had Linares just ahead by a whisker and he was really coming on strong in the second half especially after knocking Loma down for the first time in over a decade pro or amateur level ! INCREDIBLE ACTION ! make sure you guys check the fight out, absolute quality, the heart ! the skill ! the tactical warfare ! it had it all.

Many had already proclaimed Loma as the best based on him beating fighters below his natural weight, but on this night he finally earned the P4P title and when you face the absolute elite you're bound to get tested. No shame in defeat for Linares who for me never really gets enough credit but I hope more recognise his pedigree, he has been one hell of a champion and fought like one today; that body shot takes out any fighter between 130-147 lb, a real beauty that liver shot. I feel he could have worked the body a little more but he attacked it more then previous Loma opponents, the idea to cut him off was the right one but he should have used his reach a bit more and used his feet to get out of the pocket. Loma's high volume combination punching is just insane and not easy to dissect.

Would love to see Garcia / Loma at some point, that would be an even bigger test for Lomachenko. But for now he is the man and deserves all the credit in the world and a real treat to watch.

Lomachenko is some sort of beast, the way he continues to grind out punch after punch with power and strength behind them was incredible to watch. There are some guys who are boxers and then there are some guys who are born to fight , Lom is one of those. I feel sorry for Linares, he was fighting brilliantly and deserved to go the distance but those body shots take their toll.

Im hoping Mikey Garcia faces him next which would potentially even be a more epic fight.

Yep body shots are killer especially on the liver side. I once got accidentally by hit by a friend of mine on the liver. My whole body froze and i fell in his arms like a girl cause i couldn't stand straight. I couldn't breathe for 30 second straight and i thought i was gonna die. The look on my friends face was horrifying during the whole ordeal.

Thankfully i recovered in about a minute after that and it was as if i was never hit. But in those 20 seconds, i was already saying the Kalma and just the mere thought of it makes my chest ache again.

Yep body shots are killer especially on the liver side. I once got accidentally by hit by a friend of mine on the liver. My whole body froze and i fell in his arms like a girl cause i couldn't stand straight. I couldn't breathe for 30 second straight and i thought i was gonna die. The look on my friends face was horrifying during the whole ordeal.

Thankfully i recovered in about a minute after that and it was as if i was never hit. But in those 20 seconds, i was already saying the Kalma and just the mere thought of it makes my chest ache again.

Haha I know the feeling. I often get frustrated when I see boxers hitting low blows, or using their body punches to target the middle of the stomach. But hitting the liver isn't always easy as boxers protect this area keeping their arms tucked in under their ribs. Lomachenko did it brilliantly.

Lomachenko is some sort of beast, the way he continues to grind out punch after punch with power and strength behind them was incredible to watch. There are some guys who are boxers and then there are some guys who are born to fight , Lom is one of those. I feel sorry for Linares, he was fighting brilliantly and deserved to go the distance but those body shots take their toll.

Im hoping Mikey Garcia faces him next which would potentially even be a more epic fight.

Lomachenko is brilliant but he is not invincible in my opinion and this is why I don't jump on the hype train so quick, he looked amazing in the past because he fought over matched opponents but he openly admitted this unlike the folk around him who put him on a pedestal. Any man on any given night can be beat and even more so when the quality in opposition rises, Linares was the first fighter we can truly consider elite who Loma fought on a level playing field in terms of weight and man had that fight gone the distance it would have been really interesting to see the outcome because after that knockdown his rhythm had been disturbed big time and Linares body shots throughout the fight slowed him down (the judges had it even on the cards as well at that point); but to his credit he got back up and responded very well to adversity for the first time in his pro career and that combination was beautiful especially the set up for that nasty liver shot.

He is no.1 P4P for me but there's not a lot between him, Crawford and Rungvisai etc the last guy who I believe we can truly consider the universal no.1 was Andre Ward but then he retired. But Loma is great for the sport and is exciting to watch, the US fans are very sceptical but it's great to see them support him so much; beating Garcia would cement his status as no.1 but that's a very tough fight for him at 135lb. Both are expected to fight in unification bouts later this year and am hoping after that we can another super fight but this time for the undisputed championship.

And did I tell you Muhammad Waseem will be fighting for the vacant IBF world title on the under card of Manny Pac Man / Maythsee :afridi he has a better shot against this fella then Higa because his power was threatening and you can never win at the distance in Japan, look forward to see what Manny has left and Waseem's fight. Selby / Warrington and Adonis / Jack tomorrow and then next month we have Crawford / Horn, great time to be a boxing fan in the UK :)

Last edited:

I think that when you get hit with a body shot you get to have a chat with the angel of death for a few moments because your soul literally leaves your body :)) Would love to see that happen to Joshua, can imagine the angel of death saying to him "You're not so humble now are you ? stop being such a plastic / fake wannabe badman, enrol on WBC's clean boxing program, give up stub hub as your sponsor given that they are being investigated for exploiting their customers, stop cheating in the ring, understand that young girls are not to be bought up as if we live in medieval times, unfriend Robert Mugabe and being stop being racist"

Lomachenko is brilliant but he is not invincible in my opinion and this is why I don't jump on the hype train so quick, he looked amazing in the past because he fought over matched opponents but he openly admitted this unlike the folk around him who put him on a pedestal. Any man on any given night can be beat and even more so when the quality in opposition rises, Linares was the first fighter we can truly consider elite who Loma fought on a level playing field in terms of weight and man had that fight gone the distance it would have been really interesting to see the outcome because after that knockdown his rhythm had been disturbed big time and Linares body shots throughout the fight slowed him down (the judges had it even on the cards as well at that point); but to his credit he got back up and responded very well to adversity for the first time in his pro career and that combination was beautiful especially the set up for that nasty liver shot.

He is no.1 P4P for me but there's not a lot between him, Crawford and Rungvisai etc the last guy who I believe we can truly consider the universal no.1 was Andre Ward but then he retired. But Loma is great for the sport and is exciting to watch, the US fans are very sceptical but it's great to see them support him so much; beating Garcia would cement his status as no.1 but that's a very tough fight for him at 135lb. Both are expected to fight in unification bouts later this year and am hoping after that we can another super fight but this time for the undisputed championship.

And did I tell you Muhammad Waseem will be fighting for the vacant IBF world title on the under card of Manny Pac Man / Maythsee :afridi he has a better shot against this fella then Higa because his power was threatening and you can never win at the distance in Japan, look forward to see what Manny has left and Waseem's fight. Selby / Warrington and Adonis / Jack tomorrow and then next month we have Crawford / Horn, great time to be a boxing fan in the UK :)

Great analysis as usual. I agree but I just feel Lom is hard as nails but lets see how he does from now on.

Spot on, you called it and now he has a chance to make history as no Pakistani has ever done before. I dont know much about Moruti Mthalane apart from reading some articles, he's only lost to Donaire. Seems a tough fight, how do you think it will go? Will Pakistan have its first ever champion?

I think that when you get hit with a body shot you get to have a chat with the angel of death for a few moments because your soul literally leaves your body :)) Would love to see that happen to Joshua, can imagine the angel of death saying to him "You're not so humble now are you ? stop being such a plastic / fake wannabe badman, enrol on WBC's clean boxing program, give up stub hub as your sponsor given that they are being investigated for exploiting their customers, stop cheating in the ring, understand that young girls are not to be bought up as if we live in medieval times, unfriend Robert Mugabe and being stop being racist"

Haha Spot on. You know what i was thinking afterwards? How did guys face Joe frazier, mike tyson, Julio Caesar & then come out alive.

All these guys threw a very high volume of body punches from the get go especially Julio Caesar who was on the body like a locust from round 1. No wonder his opponents spit blood after the fight.

Great analysis as usual. I agree but I just feel Lom is hard as nails but lets see how he does from now on.

Spot on, you called it and now he has a chance to make history as no Pakistani has ever done before. I dont know much about Moruti Mthalane apart from reading some articles, he's only lost to Donaire. Seems a tough fight, how do you think it will go? Will Pakistan have its first ever champion?

Mithalane is a terrific world class fighter and arguably the no.1 flyweight in the world, he even has a win over Tete (although he was a bit green at the time) who is regarded as the most dangerous bantamweight in the world right now. Has been a world champion in the past and has so much experience at the top level, lost to Donaire a fight which came a little early but no shame in losing to a top P4P fighter. He has a nice tight defence, packs a punch and cuts of the ring well, Waseem will need to be very very patient take his time and use his faster feet and hands to chop Mithalane down with body shots and then get out of range. Head says Mthalane but heart says Waseem, I don't see this going the distance either way and feel like Waseem will stop him late. And man what a triumph it would be that too over a proper proper fighter and not those instances where you win a vacant belt against an over matched opponent

Haha Spot on. You know what i was thinking afterwards? How did guys face Joe frazier, mike tyson, Julio Caesar & then come out alive.

All these guys threw a very high volume of body punches from the get go especially Julio Caesar who was on the body like a locust from round 1. No wonder his opponents spit blood after the fight.

It makes you think indeed mate, especially Ali in the final 1/4 of his career it just makes you cringe just imagining it. Maidana had Floyd urinating blood after their first battle , he relentlessly attacked the body as well and caused serious damage when he pinned him to the ropes

Shock upset tonight as Warrington upsets Selby in a terrific seesaw fight to win the IBF featherweight world title, Warrington fought like a man possessed although there were some dirty tactics but he did what he had to do in order to win; Selby boxed beautifully in portions but never quiet got into a rhythm and the stadium fans really rallied Warrington on. He could potentially face Frampton next, that would be a cracking fight and I wouldn't mind a Selby rematch perhaps in Wales this time, then again Selby could be moving because there have been rumours that he has been killing himself to make the 126lb limit

For those in the UK, Adonis Stevenson v Jack will be live on sky sports around 3am. Very excited for this although may not be staying up for this one, will catch it in the morning hopefully

Stayed up to watch Stevenson v Jack and after watching the first 5 rounds was falling asleep wondering what a complete waste of time this fight is, highly dissapoting. Then came round 6, both fighters came alive and exchanged a some good powerful shots. From then on it turned out to be an absolute classic of fight with Jack taking to Stevenson from rounds 7 to 10, the old veteran was hurt with some thumping hooks and uppercuts and just as you thought he will be stopped anytime soon, he came back in the later rounds to inflict some powerful left handed body shots to Jack who nearly fell to the ground. The fight was a total turn around, Mayweather's face told a story of Jack being taken out later by a committed Stevenson but the man from Sweden gained his strength once more to finish very strongly, taking it to Stevenson with all sorts of shots and combinations.

I felt a little sorry for Jack as I had him winning by 2 rounds but both fighters gave it their all and a split decision draw wasn't something anybody could really argue against.

Hoping for a re-match.!!

Stayed up to watch Stevenson v Jack and after watching the first 5 rounds was falling asleep wondering what a complete waste of time this fight is, highly dissapoting. Then came round 6, both fighters came alive and exchanged a some good powerful shots. From then on it turned out to be an absolute classic of fight with Jack taking to Stevenson from rounds 7 to 10, the old veteran was hurt with some thumping hooks and uppercuts and just as you thought he will be stopped anytime soon, he came back in the later rounds to inflict some powerful left handed body shots to Jack who nearly fell to the ground. The fight was a total turn around, Mayweather's face told a story of Jack being taken out later by a committed Stevenson but the man from Sweden gained his strength once more to finish very strongly, taking it to Stevenson with all sorts of shots and combinations.

I felt a little sorry for Jack as I had him winning by 2 rounds but both fighters gave it their all and a split decision draw wasn't something anybody could really argue against.

Hoping for a re-match.!!

Can't argue with the result, we can direct our criticism to the 10 point scoring system though because while Stevenson won most of the rounds during the first half it was Jack who did the most damage and won rounds really big in the second half. I scored it a draw to unfortunately but Jack deserved to win in my opinion, Stevenson was impressive with his work rate early on but couldn't quiet dissect Jack's impressive defence and was smashed to pieces in the second half before finding a second wind with that body shot showing a champions resolve.

Don't think we will get a rematch, Stevenson will not want to get in the ring with Jack again and to be honest with you am not sure he will ever be the same again. They call Badou Jack The Ripper for a reason :afridi if you look at all his recent opponents they are never quiet the same again after stepping in the ring with him e.g Degale, Bute, Cleverly etc do feel for him as well but it's just the scoring system am afraid, back in the days it wasn't a problem because you had 15 rounds to decide the winner and one of the trade offs in this era to make the sport a little more safer.

Jack can chill out now though on the positive and enjoy Ramadan :yk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alhamdulillah! Thanks for all the support and love from all the fans! Really appreciate it &#55357;&#56911;&#55356;&#57342;Hope you guys enjoyed the fight? Thanks to <a href="https://twitter.com/AdonisSuperman?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AdonisSuperman</a> for great fight. Would you like to see a rematch? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TeamJack?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TeamJack</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/WBCBoxing?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@WBCBoxing</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/ShowtimeBoxing?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ShowtimeBoxing</a> <a href="https://t.co/dGwK0wJS6e">pic.twitter.com/dGwK0wJS6e</a></p>— Badou Jack (@BadouJack) <a href="https://twitter.com/BadouJack/status/998152073639231488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">20 May 2018</a></blockquote>

I despise Adonis for holding the light heavyweight division hostage and ducking so many of the top fighters but to his credit he stepped up for once and we got a very entertaining bout. Hope he is willing to accept a rematch or face Kovalev next but am not sure he will to be honest, but for now credit to both for putting on a great show.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] I was really impressed with his tactical awareness and the way he responded when Stevenson came back later on. The commies kept mentioning Stevenson had immense power but failed to give Jack the same due, you could see his shots were hurting his opponent.

You're probably right there won't be a rematch so who do you think will be willing to face Jack next? Could he step up to cruiser weight and take on Bellew?

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] I was really impressed with his tactical awareness and the way he responded when Stevenson came back later on. The commies kept mentioning Stevenson had immense power but failed to give Jack the same due, you could see his shots were hurting his opponent.

You're probably right there won't be a rematch so who do you think will be willing to face Jack next? Could he step up to cruiser weight and take on Bellew?

Jack has an excellent in-ring IQ but the scoring system doesn't suit his style, he's like a Younis Khan gets his eye in and then smashes you to pieces. Jack needs to start a bit faster or he will see another draw in a big fight when in reality he should be a in the top 5 P4P by now. I think Jack will stay at LHW because there is unfinished business and to be honest he has a lot to achieve and I feel he is most compatible at this weight, besides Stevenson you have the likes of Kovalev, Bivol and Berterbiev who are all a lot more likely to face Jack but also big challenges. I'd like to see Jack face Stevenson in a rematch ideally next if not then he should push for a fight with Kovalev asap, am certain he will stop him; my russian friend in high place aka sergey :yk will break when presented with adversity

Selbys lack of power was very evident during the Warrington fight and if hes going to move up in weight he may struggle as there are some pretty powerful hitters in the division above.

Selbys lack of power was very evident during the Warrington fight and if hes going to move up in weight he may struggle as there are some pretty powerful hitters in the division above.

Selby does not have KO power but he can hurt you especially when he sits on his punches but why take the risk when you can coast to a 12 round decision risk free, a lack of power can also be attributed to being weight drained; Selby has been making the 126 lb limit for a decade and it has been a struggle as of late; have a look at the weigh in for the Warrington fight, he looked like he had just risen from the dead. So we can give him the benefit of the doubt for now it's just a shame he never got the really big fights at his 126 lb peak, despite being world champion he never got to face Carl Duckton. There are killers above but I believe he can be competitive and potentially win another world title on his day

Jack has an excellent in-ring IQ but the scoring system doesn't suit his style, he's like a Younis Khan gets his eye in and then smashes you to pieces. Jack needs to start a bit faster or he will see another draw in a big fight when in reality he should be a in the top 5 P4P by now. I think Jack will stay at LHW because there is unfinished business and to be honest he has a lot to achieve and I feel he is most compatible at this weight, besides Stevenson you have the likes of Kovalev, Bivol and Berterbiev who are all a lot more likely to face Jack but also big challenges. I'd like to see Jack face Stevenson in a rematch ideally next if not then he should push for a fight with Kovalev asap, am certain he will stop him; my russian friend in high place aka sergey :yk will break when presented with adversity

I think a rematch is required as Jack deserves a win over Stevenson on his record and im sure next time he will start faster.

Kovalev has only lost to the great Andre Ward so would be a tough fight for Jack but it would be a great watch indeed.

I think a rematch is required as Jack deserves a win over Stevenson on his record and im sure next time he will start faster.

Kovalev has only lost to the great Andre Ward so would be a tough fight for Jack but it would be a great watch indeed.

Kovalev is still ranked in the P4P top 10, slightly surprising given his defeats to Ward. He is still world class but after those performances I don't rate him as much unless he responds to adversity better, the LHW division is not too bad it's just about making the right fights but no one is like the throwbacks who wanted to establish their greatness and there's just too much politics. But this fight was made despite all the odds and am hoping it can again, Jack may have to bite the bullet and agree to facing him again in Canada; don't see Adonis ever leaving that place and am not sure he would get a visa away from his home anyway lol

Selby does not have KO power but he can hurt you especially when he sits on his punches but why take the risk when you can coast to a 12 round decision risk free, a lack of power can also be attributed to being weight drained; Selby has been making the 126 lb limit for a decade and it has been a struggle as of late; have a look at the weigh in for the Warrington fight, he looked like he had just risen from the dead. So we can give him the benefit of the doubt for now it's just a shame he never got the really big fights at his 126 lb peak, despite being world champion he never got to face Carl Duckton. There are killers above but I believe he can be competitive and potentially win another world title on his day

I dont think Frampton at any point has ducked Selby, there was a fight in the pipe line next. The only Fighter Frampton avoided was Rondegoux. Otherwise hes been happy to fight anyone.

Yes been weight drained would have been a burden on selby and that can affect power and stamina but there alot of good fighters in division above and trying to keep them off him for 12 rounds would be a tough task.

How do you see a warrington vs frampton fight going?

I dont think Frampton at any point has ducked Selby, there was a fight in the pipe line next. The only Fighter Frampton avoided was Rondegoux. Otherwise hes been happy to fight anyone.

Yes been weight drained would have been a burden on selby and that can affect power and stamina but there alot of good fighters in division above and trying to keep them off him for 12 rounds would be a tough task.

How do you see a warrington vs frampton fight going?

Those two are the fighters who immediately stand out, Rigo and Selby. Rigo was ducked by everyone so it became a norm and people just overlook that, Selby has been calling him out for years and had been world champion but at every oppourtunity Carl belittled him and refused to engage in a big domestic scrap even when he had left matchroom but despite that Selby was managed by Al Haymon anyway and negotiations with him are pretty straight forward; Carl just didn't want the fight.

Yeah it would definitely be a tough task but if he pulled it off I don't think any of us would be surprised given his boxing ability. Lomachenko has vacated his 130lb WBO world title so there is a chance for him to become a 2 weight world champion with some decent match making.

I see Frampton winning on points in an entertaining bout especially if it's in Leeds, I wouldn't write the Leeds rat off though I was under the assumption that he was flat footed but he has good feet and a decent in-ring IQ; don't read too much into his 6 KO's either, early in his career it took him a while to get going and improve all round while he was fighting journeyman, most of his stoppages have come in recent times when the opposition quality improved, that shows he has been doing a lot of work to improve his technique and power.

Sad new about breodn ingle :( R.I.P brilliant trainer espcially with Johnny nelson and Prince Nasseem he did so much for both careers.

Sad new about breodn ingle :( R.I.P brilliant trainer espcially with Johnny nelson and Prince Nasseem he did so much for both careers.

And Witter to, RIP. The word legend is thrown around casually but he personified it, boxing will miss him

Class Act Mikey Garcia :))

Very few out there would be humble enough to give the kid some experience, great to see

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] Naoya THE MONSTER Inoue destroys Mcdonell in a round in his first fight at bantamweight, now a 3 weight world champion in just 16 fights; very under rated. Will be entering the WBSS bantamweight tournament which now has a mouthwatering line up involving Tete, Burnett and Rodriguez.

Kal Yafai also made his US debut in a very entertaining bout with Carmona, Kal's main strength is boxing at range but in this fight he fought Carmona on the inside despite his significant advantage in size having not made weight and forced him to quit on his stool by the end of the 7th, I said to myself Carmona is ready to go here as he walked to his corner and then the fight was rightly stopped before the 8th could begin. Kal really sat on his punches but left himself a bit too open, he showed he has the power to take you out if he wants to and it was a great scrap which will keep the US interested. There's talk of him facing Gonzales next. Felt strange listening to this in the states 'AND STILL ! the WBA Super Flyweight Champion of the World, from BIRMINGHAM England Kal Yafai !! ' :))
we're on the map [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] lol

Carmona had previously gone the distance with Naoya and Cudras so it was a very impressive stoppage and he had to overcome a little bit of adversity to early on taking some clean shots from a big opponent, I hope fighters start pulling out when their opponent fails to make weight this nonsense has to stop.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Was really impressed with Kal, I thought the fight could go the distance so Kal stopping him pretty early one was a great result. Fighting in America and performing as he did, it surely has lifted his profile. Hopefully the Brummie can now get some big money fights, he deserves them!

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Looking forward to seeing the Gypsy King back in action this Saturday!

@<a href="http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/member.php?u=46929" target="_blank">shaz619</a> Looking forward to seeing the Gypsy King back in action this Saturday!

The fact that he has made it back into the ring itself is a monumental achievement in itself when you look at all he has been through, he is the peoples champion and one who gives everyone hope / inspiration, I tear up just thinking about it and all he said during that emotional interview just 6 or 7 months ago and to come back from all of that is just incredible mate. Look forward to seeing him back!

Whyte / Parker has been made for July which is another good fight and I hear Khan will be fighting in Brum on September the 8th

There's never a dull Fury interview :))

The fact that he has made it back into the ring itself is a monumental achievement in itself when you look at all he has been through, he is the peoples champion and one who gives everyone hope / inspiration, I tear up just thinking about it and all he said during that emotional interview just 6 or 7 months ago and to come back from all of that is just incredible mate. Look forward to seeing him back!

Whyte / Parker has been made for July which is another good fight and I hear Khan will be fighting in Brum on September the 8th

Guy has hands like shovels, pretty sure he wouldn't allowed near many "all you can eat" buffets.

Guy has hands like shovels, pretty sure he wouldn't allowed near many "all you can eat" buffets.

He's a pro boxer and that in itself requires incredible discipline but he is also the lineal HW champion of the world that ended the 11 year streak of a hall of famer, am sure buffets are the last thing on his mind as he looks to make a successful comeback; it's people like us who should beware of them :yk2

I have to be honest, when I saw him blown up to over 28st I felt a deep sadness as I wondered if he could ever come back from the depths of depression he went through. But now to see him in good shape in mind and body, it's a really pleasing site. He is already a great inspiration the way he has bounced back but if he can re-gain a heavyweight belt , it would be truly legendary. He's only 29 and with another 3/4 fight after Saturday there is no doubt he will face the champions which imo will be Wilder who beat AJ. So looking forward to seeing him in the ring against a decent opponent.

Parker and Dillian will be a great fight for sure, hopefully the ref is on form too. I can see Dillian winning on points as he will score more points over the 12 rounds with his all round combinations to the body and head.

Any idea who Amir could be facing? Ahh I would have gone to the fight in Birmz but I'll be on holiday out of the country.

I have to be honest, when I saw him blown up to over 28st I felt a deep sadness as I wondered if he could ever come back from the depths of depression he went through. But now to see him in good shape in mind and body, it's a really pleasing site. He is already a great inspiration the way he has bounced back but if he can re-gain a heavyweight belt , it would be truly legendary. He's only 29 and with another 3/4 fight after Saturday there is no doubt he will face the champions which imo will be Wilder who beat AJ. So looking forward to seeing him in the ring against a decent opponent.

Parker and Dillian will be a great fight for sure, hopefully the ref is on form too. I can see Dillian winning on points as he will score more points over the 12 rounds with his all round combinations to the body and head.

Any idea who Amir could be facing? Ahh I would have gone to the fight in Birmz but I'll be on holiday out of the country.

I hope so mate, Roy Jones met Fury recently and he said if you can't beat all these bums back to back then you must be a bum yourself ! and it does't count if you don't hit AJ with 6 left hooks at one time :)) The mental anguish he went through and then letting himself go physically, to come back from all of that is extraordinary. The legendary Emanuel Steward did say that out of the current prospects at that time Fury was the strongest mentally, it really would be legendary if those titles are reclaimed but I feel like he will have to KO AJ because he wont get the decision. But right now that talk is far away he needs to take his time and regain 100% match fitness, am sure all these blokes will be raring to go against him when he's not ready and I hope Fury doesn't get tempted by the paychecks.

It can be a great fight Whyte / Parker especially if the two go toe to toe, Parker is tough but even the toughest break when you smash their body; I feel like Parker will box and move, when he comes on the inside he will get chopped down and potentially stopped late on.

I think Amir will face someone in between Greco and a Terence Crawford, maybe it could be Chris van Heerden or John Molina Jr; someone along those lines, given that they are durable and will give him some rounds but also bring a bit of name value having fought the likes of Spence and Crawford. Would be shocked if it's a Broner or Vargas to be fair. I see both Amir and Brook challenging for a world title before facing each other.

I hope so mate, Roy Jones met Fury recently and he said if you can't beat all these bums back to back then you must be a bum yourself ! and it does't count if you don't hit AJ with 6 left hooks at one time :)) The mental anguish he went through and then letting himself go physically, to come back from all of that is extraordinary. The legendary Emanuel Steward did say that out of the current prospects at that time Fury was the strongest mentally, it really would be legendary if those titles are reclaimed but I feel like he will have to KO AJ because he wont get the decision. But right now that talk is far away he needs to take his time and regain 100% match fitness, am sure all these blokes will be raring to go against him when he's not ready and I hope Fury doesn't get tempted by the paychecks.

It can be a great fight Whyte / Parker especially if the two go toe to toe, Parker is tough but even the toughest break when you smash their body; I feel like Parker will box and move, when he comes on the inside he will get chopped down and potentially stopped late on.

I think Amir will face someone in between Greco and a Terence Crawford, maybe it could be Chris van Heerden or John Molina Jr; someone along those lines, given that they are durable and will give him some rounds but also bring a bit of name value having fought the likes of Spence and Crawford. Would be shocked if it's a Broner or Vargas to be fair. I see both Amir and Brook challenging for a world title before facing each other.

I heard Roy Jns was in the UK recently, he doesn't mix his words. Fury is highly regarded by knowledgeable boxing fans and former boxers. Good luck to him for Saturday.

I would be a great achievement if Dillain stops Parker , as he's tough as they come but I would't be surprised as he looks in peak shape and mentally strong now.

Yep, Amir needs another workout before going up against a top level fighter esp since he made short work of Greco. Perhaps Bradley Skeete would be a good opponent, as he's the current British champion in his weight who should take him to the later rounds. But Im not sure he wants to be fighting for the British belt again as this would be on the line.

I heard Roy Jns was in the UK recently, he doesn't mix his words. Fury is highly regarded by knowledgeable boxing fans and former boxers. Good luck to him for Saturday.

I would be a great achievement if Dillain stops Parker , as he's tough as they come but I would't be surprised as he looks in peak shape and mentally strong now.

Yep, Amir needs another workout before going up against a top level fighter esp since he made short work of Greco. Perhaps Bradley Skeete would be a good opponent, as he's the current British champion in his weight who should take him to the later rounds. But Im not sure he wants to be fighting for the British belt again as this would be on the line.

I would have said Bradley to but he is coming off a loss and going by his recent performance even though it was overseas against a very dangerous spaniard it just goes to show there are levels to the game and Amir will always be levels above the domestic lot. I've seen that Amir is ranked inside the WBA and WBC top 10 now, so it could be a fighter from one of those governing bodies, Samuel Vargas is a name which stands out for me, he brings name value and would present a test without posing too big a threat.

Super excited for the weekend, Crawford v Horn is another big fight to watch out for especially if you have an eye on the 147 division, Flanagan's world title bid and off course the Fury return

Great to see Fury return, I didn't expect a classic and his style has hardly been the most eye pleasing unless you're an enthusiast but the idea is for him to take his time and regain match fitness; he should avoid the temptations of a big pay check because every top heavyweight will be raring to face him in his current state. But overall he did fine, the pace picked up in the 4th and Sefferi got a taste of Fury's power and decided to quit by not coming out for the 5th; perhaps he could have done some more rounds but from his POV do you really want to risk being pummelled by a guy who is outweighing you by around 5 stones...

Manny had an off night but he still won in my opinion compatibly despite how Horn had his moments, am sure we will see a more motivated Pac-Man next month; his fight with Maythsse will also be on Boxnation and for Pak fans they will get to see Waseem challenge for the world title on the under card.

Crawford is just terrific, I had no concerns about how he'd feel at this weight; we've seen many great fighters in the past move up from 135 to 147lb and do quiet well. Crawford was the stronger man in the ring when Horn was supposed to be the naturally bigger man who could impose himself, Crawford not only out classed Horn he was man handling him with ease.

Right now, Crawford and Lomachenko are both arguably the no.1 P4P in the world; you could pick either. 2018 could be the year where we finally have one of these blokes cement themselves as the undisputed best. At 147lb I find it hard to see anyone who can beat Crawford, Spence and an in-form Khan have the best chance but for me he beats them all.

Great action packed fight, it was one sided but I enjoyed it so much! the skill on display made it worth every penny. Lovely time to be a boxing fan :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">just like to thank all my fans and everyone who came to the fight and watched at home , last night wasn’t my night no excuse I’ll be back and I’m sure this will make me a better fighter. <a href="https://t.co/QZJblbQxA1">pic.twitter.com/QZJblbQxA1</a></p>— Terry Flanagan (@terryflanagan5) <a href="https://twitter.com/terryflanagan5/status/1005783966325059584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">10 June 2018</a></blockquote>

I could have scored Flanagan / Hooker either way, it was a close / entertaining fight; Flanagan fought like the champion he has been and Hooker bought so much finesse by making full use of his superior physical attributes and deserved to win in the end.

They shouldn't call him Bud, Terrifying Terence Crawford would be more fitting. Will be interesting to see if Spence ruthlessly pursues Crawford as much as the injured / inactive Keith Thurman [MENTION=141557]Chief Destroyer[/MENTION]

They shouldn't call him Bud, Terrifying Terence Crawford would be more fitting. Will be interesting to see if Spence ruthlessly pursues Crawford as much as the injured / inactive Keith Thurman [MENTION=141557]Chief Destroyer[/MENTION]

His game plan was spot on for Horn. He boxed brilliantly on the back foot esp with his counter attacks. Horn became to front on and then Crawford cashed in with straight shot to the body and head, he is a very dangerous fighter.

Hearing a two fight deal between AJ and Wilder has been agreed.
This should be good.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: <a href="https://twitter.com/mrdavidhaye?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mrdavidhaye</a> has announced his retirement from boxing. <a href="https://t.co/2mrNdln1Vn">pic.twitter.com/2mrNdln1Vn</a></p>— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1006488515385884673?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 12, 2018</a></blockquote>

Who do you fancy to win it?

It's become too much about the money these days and so I'm extremely jaded when
it comes to these things.

If y cynical side is right then AJ in the UK followed by Wilder in the states.
Then a third and final 1 billion dollar fight at some neutral venue.

FULL STATEMENT FROM DAVID HAYE:

"

I am going to continue fighting.

I am going to continue fighting because it’s in my DNA, it defines my character, it’s what I love to do, and because life, I’ve come to realise, is one long, exciting, back-and-forth fight.

But today (Tuesday, June 12, 2018) I am announcing my retirement from professional boxing, which means my days of fighting in a ring are officially over.

They say you can’t play boxing. Yet, writing this retirement statement, reflecting on my time in the sport, I can’t find a better way to describe the ride.

Thanks to boxing, I have been able to live my unencumbered childhood dream; a dream my dad, Deron, facilitated the moment he took me to Fitzroy Lodge amateur boxing club as a nervous 10-year-old.

From the very start, my parents encouraged and supported me, and convinced me I could achieve anything I set out to do, so long as I gave my very best. This proved the catalyst to me believing I could always win in life, no matter the circumstances. It also led to me giving my heart and soul to boxing for 27 years.

On reflection, my 16-year, 32-fight professional career was one of two halves.

In the first eight years, everything ran smoothly. I had 25 fights and became the first ever British boxer to unify the cruiserweight division (WBA, WBC and WBO World Championships).

I then achieved my childhood dream when I beat WBA Heavyweight Champion of the World Nikolay Valuev, the seven-foot-two, 150-kilogram ‘Beast from the East’, in a real life ‘David and Goliath’ match.

Lifting that World Heavyweight Championship meant I’d fulfilled a promise I’d made to my mum, Jane, at the age of three. It also meant I was the second boxer in history – after Evander Holyfield – to win world titles at cruiserweight and heavyweight. That was an incredibly proud moment for me and my family and friends.

Yet it was in the second half of my career where I really discovered what it meant to fight and be a fighter.

If I had it my way, I would have fought as many as 16 times in the second half, the last eight years. But, unfortunately, during this time my faulty body only allowed me to step through the ropes on seven occasions – four wins, three losses – and often it was a fight just getting to the ring in one piece.

In the past five years I have snapped (fully ruptured) both biceps, my rotator cuff and my Achilles tendon. All four injuries were potentially career-ending and each of them required operations with months of intense rehabilitation.

The biggest physical challenge I had to face, however, was a spinal surgery in March 2015. I herniated a disc in my lower back 10 years ago and years of intense training wore this disc away. This caused fragments of disc to push into my spinal nerve passage, resulting in chronic pain and loss of function in both legs, and an operation was required to put a two-centimetre metal cage between two vertebrae and implant two metal rods with screws and bone grafts to fuse it all together.

I went into surgery 191 centimetres tall and came out 193 – not a bad silver lining! – but literally had to learn to walk again. This made my comeback fight against Mark de Mori (in January 2016) all the more meaningful, as it was only 10 months after such intrusive spinal surgery (as well as being my first fight in four-and-a-half years).

Ultimately, this was one battle I had to fight in private, and it’s only because the process was recorded for a documentary that people will one day be able to grasp the severity of the situation.

In this physically challenging period, I also changed head boxing coach twice, moved gyms, launched a new promotional company. This meant, despite not getting in the ring as often as I’d have liked, I still had to keep fighting daily battles outside the ring.

But my desire and determination to be the best heavyweight on the planet was all the motivation I needed to embrace these hurdles. I had to find fun and excitement amid the drama. It was the only way to keep that dream alive.

Thankfully, the challenges of the last eight years forced me to develop new facets of my character. They made me tap into an optimistic and positive mindset, one I’d never really had to engage before.

It’s easy to be upbeat and positive when everything in your life is going to plan. But experiencing true disappointment, sadness and uncertainty can be the key to unearthing one’s true character. For instance, controlling emotion and desire, showing compassion, and dealing with loss were things I had no real handle on until recently.

I was a 22-year-old kid when I turned professional; I finish my boxing career as a 37-year-old man.

I also finish my career on a defeat, however.

Ahead of my final two fights with Tony Bellew, we publicly showed each other little respect. But this was just two veterans giving the crowd what they wanted: a grudge match.

Despite the pre-fight hype, I can assure you I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for Tony. Whenever I traded punches with him, and whenever I was in his presence, I felt the inner warrior. I saw a man who would take the battle as far as necessary to get victory; a man who, like myself, would rather die than give up or quit; a man I’d want on my side of the battlefield if going to war.

As for what happened on May 5, 2018, I did not walk to the ring injured, nor injure myself during the fight.

On the face of it, I was in tip-top shape. I’d adapted and modified training sessions around my 37-year-old body with great success. When stood in front of the locker room mirror before the fight, my body looked as it did 10 years ago; my mind primed and ready for action. I walked to the ring with nothing but confidence.

But looks can be deceiving.

In the end, what 20,000 fans inside London’s O2 Arena witnessed was me giving 100% effort but performing way below world level.

For my fans, it must have been like going to support their favourite thoroughbred racehorse at the Grand National, only to see their stallion stumble out the gates like a sedated mule at the Donkey Derby.

I saw punches coming but wasn’t quick enough to avoid them. I created openings but lacked the speed and agility to capitalise on them. Quick, bread and butter counterattacks, the sort I’ve effortlessly thrown since my teenage years, are no longer in my armoury. And when I take shots, they now shake me to my boots.

The things I used to be able to do in the ring – instinctively – now exist only in my mind and in video clips of my old fights.

That said, credit where it’s due: even 10 years ago – in my ‘Haye Day’ – I’d have had a hard night fighting the 2018 version of Tony Bellew. He boxed brilliantly.

I’ve taken my fair share of beatings over the years – some easier to swallow than others – but this last one had a certain heavenly comfort to it. In a strange sort of way, I’m proud to have gone out on my feet, on my own kamikaze terms.

Of course, my ego would have loved to have retired on a win, or as a champion. But, deep down, I know my effort on May 5, 2018 was the very best I had left to give. I also know that underwhelming effort revealed the truth about my current abilities in a world-class boxing arena.

The boxing gods have spoken. They will no longer protect me with the freakish speed and power I used to possess. And without these God-given gifts, I completely lose my edge.

Boxing history has a way of repeating itself, and the list of boxers who voluntarily retired during their peak is a short one. Most bite off more than they can chew in their twilight years, believing they can rustle up one last great performance, and this pursuit becomes greater than the fear of losing.

In short, the personality traits that make someone potentially great – never giving up, fighting until the bitter end – will often lead to their downfall.

Now I understand.

I’m proud of the battles I’ve been through. I’m proud, too, that I exit the battlefield happy and healthy, with my family financially secure. Most importantly, I can reflect on it all with crystal clarity.

I will always remember standing beside my dad in the ring after my last fight, and him saying how proud he is of me. Having given everything to boxing for nearly three decades, this meant so much.

In that time, I put everything associated with my sport first and everything else, and everyone else, second. Consequently, I achieved 80% of my life goals. But it came at a cost. Extraordinary achievements often go hand-in-hand with extraordinary sacrifice.

In my case, the most significant collateral damage of my single-minded approach to fulfilling my goals was the impact this mindset had on relationships with those closest to me; family, friends, colleagues, people who made sacrifices day in, day out, not to realise their own dreams but to support me in realising mine. I look forward to reimbursing them with my time and love now that my all-consuming boxing career has ended.

As I embarked (unknowingly) on my final training camp, I listened to a lecture by the late philosopher Alan Watts, who said: “We think of life by analogy with a journey, a pilgrimage, which has a serious purpose at the end, and the whole point is to get to that end. But we miss the point the whole way along. Life is a musical thing and you’re supposed to sing or dance while the music is being played.”

Upon hearing this, I decided to metaphorically ‘dance’ my way through my last training camp. And that I did. I relished every moment, even the lung-busting, lactic-filled sessions. I enjoyed the ride right to the very end, which is why I can now accept retirement with my head held high and a smile on my face.

If I could go back in time and give advice to my 21-year-old self, or anyone setting off on their own adventure, I would say this: live in the moment. Don’t only appreciate the good times once they become a memory. The present is the only thing that truly exists, so give it the attention it deserves.

Do not forsake daily happiness because you believe there will be an abundance of it once you reach the mountain top. There’s no chest of happiness waiting at the top of the mountain. Instead, there are only memories of how you got there. So, make these memories worthwhile.

Thank you to all my loyal family, and all of ‘Team Haye’, my extended family, who helped me through these tough years. You know who you are, and you all contributed to my story, no matter how significant your part. I love you all.

To my fans, thank you from the bottom of my heart, for dancing through the tough times with me, and applauding my efforts regardless of the result. Your kind support always meant the world to me, and I won’t forget the many great nights we shared.

grudge matches

Thank you, also, to everyone who has supported not only me and my career but the sport of boxing as a whole. My sport. The beautiful noble art.

Without you, the fans, there is no boxing. TV networks would not televise shows, promoters would not book venues and the media would not report on boxing, if it wasn’t for your interest. So, please continue to support boxing. Whether watching it on TV, buying tickets and boxing magazines, or even just having heated debates with buddies about fights, it all keeps the sport thriving.

Never forget that boxing is the ultimate working-class sport, one that gives regular people from humble beginnings – like me, like many of you reading this – the opportunity to work hard and fight their way to a better life.

And just as boxing gave me the chance to make my dreams a reality, I now hope my children do the same in whatever path they choose. They know from their father’s story that anything is possible with hard work, dedication and extraordinary sacrifice.

Since October 1990, I have been a boxer. That’s nearly 10,000 days of eating and sleeping boxing, and now I’m ready to close this chapter in my life.

This is not the end of my story. It’s simply the start of something new.

Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now.

David Haye

The Hayemaker

"

Incredible career :bow: Not only a British ATG, but one of the ATG Cruserweights in Boxing history, during his prime he was just invincible and we shouldn't overlook the fact that he was one of the best P4P boxers of his era and won the undisputed lineal championship in addition to the HW title, these are no mean feats; many will rate him coming of the canvas to dethrone the dangerous Mormeck away from home but my favourite performances of his career were the destruction of Enzo and Chisora.

Very insightful statement , especially with regards to the injury woes but hardly surprising but I find it insane how he was able to make a comeback to begin with. Can't thank him enough for all those amazing nights long ago, best of luck to the champ.

Back