Boxing Thread

I put 50 quid on BJS :akhtar , had faith he would pull it off. If you get time make sure you watch the fight because it was an absolute boxing master class! you know when you smash a ball for a big chukka and you say to yourself, you know what? I deserve 12 for that, not 6. This was the same case because I would score this fight not 120-108 in favour of BJS, I would score it 240-108. David never landed more then 4 or 5 meaningful punches and am not exaggerating mate.

People laughed at me when I said BJS has the potential to dethrone Canelo or GGG, now am convinced he can. Daniel Jacobs is the only fighter for me who poses a significant threat.

After a while a I really enjoyed every round of a boxing match up. BJS was simply sensastional not only in winning the bout in convincing style but showing off all his skills. The way he moved, his footwork was sensational which threw off Lemieux so much he was all over the place with his positioning. BJS also unleashed all his punches, great upppercuts, straight lefts, hooks , body shots , the lot.

He deserves a shot at GGG or Canelo.

After a while a I really enjoyed every round of a boxing match up. BJS was simply sensastional not only in winning the bout in convincing style but showing off all his skills. The way he moved, his footwork was sensational which threw off Lemieux so much he was all over the place with his positioning. BJS also unleashed all his punches, great upppercuts, straight lefts, hooks , body shots , the lot.

He deserves a shot at GGG or Canelo.

Totally agree mate, I found his performance so inspiring; it was one sided the fight but as a purist you can't help being in awe of the sweet science, it was like poetry in motion watching him. Beautiful and a great night for Frank Warren, it was a huge risk but once again proved why he's a hall of fame promoter. 9 months ago Billy Joe wanted to quit, had baloon'd up in weight and had no desire to box, was in awful shape:

DPoYDHgVoAIDewx.jpg

Then Warren slapped him up a bit and sent him to the Ingle gym to get him match fit. BJS tends to thrive on the big occasion and I still believe we've not seen his best. Very underated guy, especially when you look at how good his resume is with so many quality wins. With Canelo/GGG 2 looking to occur around May, BJS will probably be back around February/March in a keep busy fight before taking on the winner of Canelo/GGG sometime late in 2018, perhaps in September. The British people need to get behind Billy Joe!

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Lets hope we see the same for Tyson Fury as above. :)

Yes, its a real shame BJS is not a household name like other boxers such as AJ etc. He is fighting in a much tougher decision and as you mentioned previouisly has a great resume, fighting the very best. Even though he beat Eubank Jnr , he isn't as known. The boxing media and sports media in the UK need to promote this guy, he is a rare talent who deserves the attention of sports fans.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Lets hope we see the same for Tyson Fury as above. :)

Yes, its a real shame BJS is not a household name like other boxers such as AJ etc. He is fighting in a much tougher decision and as you mentioned previouisly has a great resume, fighting the very best. Even though he beat Eubank Jnr , he isn't as known. The boxing media and sports media in the UK need to promote this guy, he is a rare talent who deserves the attention of sports fans.

Am not getting carried away here but there were moments in that fight against David where I said to myself, am I watching Muhammad Ali? who obviously moved like a middle weight which was what made him so dangerous, but BJS footwork, defensive evasion and brute force at times made me remember the legend. Now not saying BJS is at his level or anything but just saying what I saw reminded me of him :)

Man if Tyson Fury pulled of a miracle like that Eid would come early, come to think of it he probably celebrates Eid as well lmao pretty sure he has pray'd Eid namaz with asif vali a while back, he tends to be close to spiritual people and has a lot of muslim friends. That was a big win over Eubank, I don't know what it is with BJS he can be controversial himself but having listened to his interviews he's a really good guy, a lot of these gypsies sort of accept that people are going to hate them regardless but he should know that there are guys like us who support him regardless off his origins. In America he had no respect but that's understandable because there has been little exposure there, one thing I love about North America is that when you perform well their boxing fans show you respect and get behind you, same happened with Amir and he made so many fans there

Am not getting carried away here but there were moments in that fight against David where I said to myself, am I watching Muhammad Ali? who obviously moved like a middle weight which was what made him so dangerous, but BJS footwork, defensive evasion and brute force at times made me remember the legend. Now not saying BJS is at his level or anything but just saying what I saw reminded me of him :)

Man if Tyson Fury pulled of a miracle like that Eid would come early, come to think of it he probably celebrates Eid as well lmao pretty sure he has pray'd Eid namaz with asif vali a while back, he tends to be close to spiritual people and has a lot of muslim friends. That was a big win over Eubank, I don't know what it is with BJS he can be controversial himself but having listened to his interviews he's a really good guy, a lot of these gypsies sort of accept that people are going to hate them regardless but he should know that there are guys like us who support him regardless off his origins. In America he had no respect but that's understandable because there has been little exposure there, one thing I love about North America is that when you perform well their boxing fans show you respect and get behind you, same happened with Amir and he made so many fans there

No I can understand, from the first bell he seemed so assured and comforatble in everything he did in the squared circle. The look on the faces of the Canadian fans was priceless, as these mugs walked into the stadium so confident their man was going to knock out this Brit in a few seconds. The more the fight when the more horrified they looked, it was great to watch. :)

As Fury and BJS are close friends, this should inspire him even more. Hopefully he can get in the ring by May/June and have another fight in Nov/Dec to get back into things and we can then hope to see him against AJ in 2019, if AJ hasn't been knocked out by Wilder by then.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

Gotta give the guy credit. After watching him a bit more, I did think he'd win if he went the 12 rounds but this was a pure masterclass and I'm guessing he even surpirsed you. Did not look in trouble once and completely neutralised Lemieux' power using his pivoting. For the casual viewer it was also really good to watch because he fought very similar to how Ali fought (like yourself, not comparing the two), none of that running crap... It was proper backfoot fighting/countering as opposed to some of the so called 'technicians'.

Was a fan of Lemieux, still am due to his style but he was a pretty sore loser and can't say I respect him like I did before. On the other hand BJS was hilarious when he said something like 'Understandable am getting boo'd since I put your boy on his a*se!'. I think he enjoys playing the villain of boxing like most Gypsies do. They're my type of people who got aren't there to suck up to anyone to get fans, they speak their minds and are real to the bone. And damn are they slick at scrapping, you'd expect them to be brawlers but both the Brit Gypsies have got some real boxing IQ. Lemieux was simply beat by the better man. Bring on the Jacobs, GGG and Canelo. I can see him beating any one of these guys but he will definitely still be the underdog who has something to prove as he won't be my favourite. I can't see him beating a prime GGG (maybe cos am biased towards GGG) but he definitely has a shot to outpoint him. His story is similar to his fellow Gypsy Tyson in the sense that he will probably beat the man but won't get his respect.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

Gotta give the guy credit. After watching him a bit more, I did think he'd win if he went the 12 rounds but this was a pure masterclass and I'm guessing he even surpirsed you. Did not look in trouble once and completely neutralised Lemieux' power using his pivoting. For the casual viewer it was also really good to watch because he fought very similar to how Ali fought (like yourself, not comparing the two), none of that running crap... It was proper backfoot fighting/countering as opposed to some of the so called 'technicians'.

Was a fan of Lemieux, still am due to his style but he was a pretty sore loser and can't say I respect him like I did before. On the other hand BJS was hilarious when he said something like 'Understandable am getting boo'd since I put your boy on his a*se!'. I think he enjoys playing the villain of boxing like most Gypsies do. They're my type of people who got aren't there to suck up to anyone to get fans, they speak their minds and are real to the bone. And damn are they slick at scrapping, you'd expect them to be brawlers but both the Brit Gypsies have got some real boxing IQ. Lemieux was simply beat by the better man. Bring on the Jacobs, GGG and Canelo. I can see him beating any one of these guys but he will definitely still be the underdog who has something to prove as he won't be my favourite. I can't see him beating a prime GGG (maybe cos am biased towards GGG) but he definitely has a shot to outpoint him. His story is similar to his fellow Gypsy Tyson in the sense that he will probably beat the man but won't get his respect.

Always had faith in BJS but what surprised me more then anything was how ineffective David was, I bought into his hype when Andy Lee has always been BJS's best win imo. If either GGG or Canelo are beaten BJS will become a mega star given how those two are deemed the P4P best by fans and many purists as well. GGG is still an elite fighter and 3 or 4 years back the BJS I saw on the weekend beats him emphatically for me.

2017 has been a great year for Boxing, hopefully 2018 is even better. My fighter of the year for 2017 would have to be out of Crawford, Sor Rungvisai and Andre Ward.

For the youngsters out there who have access to BT sport, they’re showing every single one of Mike Tyson’s fights in its entirety....

Awsome..

For the youngsters out there who have access to BT sport, they’re showing every single one of Mike Tyson’s fights in its entirety....

Awsome..

I don't have that :( was hoping it would be on Boxnation.

Going to buy this:

http://www.mike-tyson-dvd.com/mike_tyson_dvd_previews.html

Has every Tyson fight ever including a couple from the Olympic trials / amateurs and some rare interviews to, been looking for such a product a very long time the only annoying thing is it's a 14 DVD set lol I don't mind though

Rumours are that Devon Alexander and Victor Ortiz could be happening would of been a great fight at 140 years ago.

Bit late but I've got to say the loma vs rigo fight was extremely unfair to rigo because of the weight. It should have happened at a fair 50-50 catch weight at 126 pounds but loma refused. Going up 8 pounds is hard enough if you're a middleweigt never mind a 122 pounder

Always had faith in BJS but what surprised me more then anything was how ineffective David was, I bought into his hype when Andy Lee has always been BJS's best win imo. If either GGG or Canelo are beaten BJS will become a mega star given how those two are deemed the P4P best by fans and many purists as well. GGG is still an elite fighter and 3 or 4 years back the BJS I saw on the weekend beats him emphatically for me.
BJS may well beat GGG. It will be like Tyson v Klitsch all over again me thinks. However fact is that when GGG was steamrolloing everyone a couple years back, they all ducked him... Eubank, Canelo, BJS. Even if Saunders wins it probably won't be rated as high as it could've been because I reckon GGG can only decline now and probably will. He's not getting any younger. I think BJS beats Canelo easiest out of the 3 top dogs...He struggled vs Lara and Mayweather so a motivated BJS will beat him emphatically.

BJS may well beat GGG. It will be like Tyson v Klitsch all over again me thinks. However fact is that when GGG was steamrolloing everyone a couple years back, they all ducked him... Eubank, Canelo, BJS. Even if Saunders wins it probably won't be rated as high as it could've been because I reckon GGG can only decline now and probably will. He's not getting any younger. I think BJS beats Canelo easiest out of the 3 top dogs...He struggled vs Lara and Mayweather so a motivated BJS will beat him emphatically.

He looked invincible also because he fought bums at 160lb mostly, GGG was calling out BJS when he was overweight and had lost desire for the sport while ducking Andre Ward, after performances like that he will think twice before fighting him and people peak at different times, BJS is no longer a guy with just a belt and GGG will know that. Even though he's older now he's regarded as the no.1 P4P fighter on the planet so BJS will get immense credit from casuals, purists and experts and will deserve it to, but it's a fight which GGG could also win so he's not shot like Roy Jones was when he fought Calzaghe, what people don't see is his endurance levels are incredible for a guy his age being from Kazak boxing school of thought these guys are beasts and he won't look as invincible against bums when up against elite fighters. Canelo was flat footed in his fights with Trout, Lara and Cotto but he showed in GGG fight he can dance to, if he presses forward againsr BJS he could be in trouble but he's an excellent counter puncher so it's another tough fight for BJS he'd start as the underdog against both guys

[MENTION=136302]Haz95[/MENTION] Tyson won fighter of the year from the ring after he beat Wlad, most prestigious publication in the sport and award. Wlad got better with age, was active and unbeaten for 11 years, in his previous fights he didn't look a guy that was past it, he was the lineal champion and even Wilder was afraid of facing him despite his age, in Tyson he just got beat by the better fighter and world boxing highly rated that win. In the UK Tyson finished I think 3rd or 4th in the BBC SPOTY as well, it's just that in his home country AJ's win is rated higher when it shouldn't be. GGG like Wlad in same scenario was still unbeaten but a lot younger then him when he fought Tyson however these guys remain beasts in their 30s given their european boxing background, Povetkin is still going strong as well. Safe to say whoever dethrones him will get reveered big time and you'd think especially by those who overly hyped GGG back in the day, but there will always be people who discredit with thr age/peak etc but I don't it will be significant

The highly rated top 10 P4P Japanese fighter Naoya Inoue destroys Yoan in 3 rounds to retain his world title, he reportedly will be moving up to 118lb which would be great given the potential for so many mouth watering match ups against the likes of Tete and Yamanaka. And I don't blame him, Eddie Hearn rejected the offer from Inoue's team to face Kal Yafai and had also protected Burnett from facing Tete in both instances citing high risk / low reward which is absolute rubbish given how sky and hbo have been producing flyweight super cards which have been a big success in 2017 and when the best fight the best it's a big draw in itself and more lucrative.

Parker / AJ should be confirmed soon hopefully, they have agreed on a split and from Parker's end he will be getting something between 30-35 % which is fair in my opinion. Wilder / Ortiz should also be confirmed in the near future and Whyte is expected to take on Lucas Browne.

Errol Spence is scheduled to take on Lamont Peterson on January the 20th, Garcia v Rios will be on the 17th of Feb and Thurman v Vargas is likely for April, Khan is also hoping to fight in March. Bob Arum has stated that he will try and get Manny to fight in April although he is consumed by political duties these days, will be looking to match him with a world class welterweight before looking to have the pac-man take on the winner of Horn / Crawford. All decent fights and ones to keep an eye on as far as the 147lb division is concerned.

Last edited:
Parker / AJ should be confirmed soon hopefully, they have agreed on a split and from Parker's end he will be getting something between 30-35 % which is fair in my opinion. Wilder / Ortiz should also be confirmed in the near future and Whyte is expected to take on Lucas Browne.

Errol Spence is scheduled to take on Lamont Peterson on January the 20th, Garcia v Rios will be on the 17th of Feb and Thurman v Vargas is likely for April, Khan is also hoping to fight in March. Bob Arum has stated that he will try and get Manny to fight in April although he is consumed by political duties these days, will be looking to match him with a world class welterweight before looking to have the pac-man take on the winner of Horn / Crawford. All decent fights and ones to keep an eye on as far as the 147lb division is concerned.

Lol a week on still no update. They're really tryna milk as much money as they can for this fight.... hmmmm.... could they be worried at a Parker upset? I want this year to be the year of the 'villains'. Deontay Wilder, Billy Joe Saunders, Tyson Fury type fighters I want to see winning.

And I guess you're right...nonetheless, BJS/GGG will be an interesting reaction from the boxing media/public regardless of what is said in the end. I did say I like seeing supposed villains win but I am a big fan of GGG so I'd stay neutral for that bout. I want to see BJS batter Jacobs tho (altho it's the least likeliest for the major BJS fights) haha.

Lol a week on still no update. They're really tryna milk as much money as they can for this fight.... hmmmm.... could they be worried at a Parker upset? I want this year to be the year of the 'villains'. Deontay Wilder, Billy Joe Saunders, Tyson Fury type fighters I want to see winning.

And I guess you're right...nonetheless, BJS/GGG will be an interesting reaction from the boxing media/public regardless of what is said in the end. I did say I like seeing supposed villains win but I am a big fan of GGG so I'd stay neutral for that bout. I want to see BJS batter Jacobs tho (altho it's the least likeliest for the major BJS fights) haha.

It's weird isn't it lol that's why styles make fights, BJS has more of a chance to beat GGG or Canelo then Jacobs. I agree would love to see those guys triumph and apparently AJ/Parker has been agreed the announcement will be made within a week, Khan is also making an announcement soon...Faryal getting the divorce again! lol messing, could be his next opponent or a new promoter according to a couple of rumours. You know what, I like Parker; he isn't perfect but I respect that he's a world champion who is willing to take on all comers and he's a top bloke as well, stylistically he's a guy who could cause AJ problems but does he has enough bang in those fists to cause femi issues? who will look to stick behind his jab, Parker will come forward to fight and throw the kitchen sink. I wouldn't be shocked if the fight ended within 6 rounds and a JP triumph wouldn't shock me entirely tbh

Some of the rumours doing the rounds is that Amir could be signing with Eddie Hearn, if so what a catch for his stable. Adrien Broner could also be his next fight, that would be shocking because while Broner has lost a bit of edge he's a former world champ and far from a a tune up which is what Amir should be looking for given his inactivity and doubts with regards to his own prowess in the ring because he is past his best years and not fighting constantly doesn't help either

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Delighted to confirm I’ve signed a three-fight deal with <a href="https://twitter.com/EddieHearn?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@EddieHearn</a> & <a href="https://twitter.com/MatchroomBoxing?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MatchroomBoxing</a>. I’ll be fighting live on <a href="https://twitter.com/SkySportsBoxing?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SkySportsBoxing</a> on April 21st in Liverpool. Can’t tell you how excited I am to fight in the UK once again. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BackToBusiness?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BackToBusiness</a> <a href="https://t.co/Mx41hcAbcW">pic.twitter.com/Mx41hcAbcW</a></p>— Amir Khan (@amirkingkhan) <a href="https://twitter.com/amirkingkhan/status/951074989117239298?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 10, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seems like Amir will fight in April and then later in the year against Brook. Hearn says he will have another fight in August/Sept before a big fight in possibly December but I cant see him having 3 fights in this year, unless the first two are against bums.

Its good to see him back in boxing after a long time away from the sport. Does he have the hunger anymore? By this time next year either he will be ready to fight for a world title or his career will be over.

Seems like Amir will fight in April and then later in the year against Brook. Hearn says he will have another fight in August/Sept before a big fight in possibly December but I cant see him having 3 fights in this year, unless the first two are against bums.

Its good to see him back in boxing after a long time away from the sport. Does he have the hunger anymore? By this time next year either he will be ready to fight for a world title or his career will be over.

The first couple will be tune ups and rightly so when you look at his age, form and inactivity. Amir has already said he only has a few fights left so he will look to make the most money possible and from Hearn's POV it's a win win because Khan is a great draw and he will get to cash in on what's left of his career, because even at Amir's worst Eddie's match making will ensure he's protected before a high profile fight. If Khan loses his career is done late in the year and both Eddie/Amir would have benefited from the deal, if Amir stuns everyone and is able to remain at the elite level then he could stay with matchroom another year to secure big purses.

My prediction is Khan is going to look out of touch and his depth in his next fight against a C level guy and just about manage to escape with defeat a high probability, in his second fight against a better opponent he will put in a good performance and Eddie will plug it as the second coming sugar ray robinson and likewise with Brook and his fights to set up a big clash between the two, it's still a big fight and even though both don't have momentum behind them, Eddie is the best promoter to sell such fights and with the sky machine behind them they will make it a big deal. Bellew v Haye is an example of his promotional abilities it did terrific numbers on PPV

Expect a big fight late in the year, if he keeps winning and Brook the two can make loads of money late in the year.

The first couple will be tune ups and rightly so when you look at his age, form and inactivity. Amir has already said he only has a few fights left so he will look to make the most money possible and from Hearn's POV it's a win win because Khan is a great draw and he will get to cash in on what's left of his career, because even at Amir's worst Eddie's match making will ensure he's protected before a high profile fight. If Khan loses his career is done late in the year and both Eddie/Amir would have benefited from the deal, if Amir stuns everyone and is able to remain at the elite level then he could stay with matchroom another year to secure big purses.

My prediction is Khan is going to look out of touch and his depth in his next fight against a C level guy and just about manage to escape with defeat a high probability, in his second fight against a better opponent he will put in a good performance and Eddie will plug it as the second coming sugar ray robinson and likewise with Brook and his fights to set up a big clash between the two, it's still a big fight and even though both don't have momentum behind them, Eddie is the best promoter to sell such fights and with the sky machine behind them they will make it a big deal. Bellew v Haye is an example of his promotional abilities it did terrific numbers on PPV

Expect a big fight late in the year, if he keeps winning and Brook the two can make loads of money late in the year.

Agree makes sense.

Any idea who could be the opponenet for April?

Also what about Brook? Of course he is still fighting but since he's not been inactive, he will want to fight a biggish name this spring which could be risky.

Agree makes sense.

Any idea who could be the opponenet for April?

Also what about Brook? Of course he is still fighting but since he's not been inactive, he will want to fight a biggish name this spring which could be risky.

It could be Birmingham's most famous son Frankie Gavin. Brook is fighting some guy called Krapshyla :)) no joke, his name gives it away lol he hasn't had a long lay off so don't know how they are justifying such an opponent but that's the level he has generally operated at, he will be protected to in the hope of nailing a big pay day against Khan. Domestically all these two need to do is remain unbeaten and ideally look good to, then the buzz will be massive amongst casuals who have been begging for the two to fight

It could be Birmingham's most famous son Frankie Gavin. Brook is fighting some guy called Krapshyla :)) no joke, his name gives it away lol he hasn't had a long lay off so don't know how they are justifying such an opponent but that's the level he has generally operated at, he will be protected to in the hope of nailing a big pay day against Khan. Domestically all these two need to do is remain unbeaten and ideally look good to, then the buzz will be massive amongst casuals who have been begging for the two to fight

:)) He wont be proposing to him then.

Agree, all they need to do is win a couple of fights and the celeb culture boxing fans will be hyped up for this fight. Amir needs to concentrate now and not worry about appearing on tv talkshows from now on. He is already one of UK's all time great boxers imo but if he can win the World Belt once again and then defend it against a high profile opponent he will be in the top 3 of all time UK greats.

:)) He wont be proposing to him then.

Agree, all they need to do is win a couple of fights and the celeb culture boxing fans will be hyped up for this fight. Amir needs to concentrate now and not worry about appearing on tv talkshows from now on. He is already one of UK's all time great boxers imo but if he can win the World Belt once again and then defend it against a high profile opponent he will be in the top 3 of all time UK greats.

For me he easily is a British ATG and makes a top 10 all time list when it comes to UK fighters and it's not debatable on any level, top 3 or top 5 is very tough when you look at the calibre of fighters and careers which they had.

My top 5 are:
1. Naz
2. Jimmy Wilde (can't argue with anyone who has him as their no.1)
3. Lennox Lewis
4. Ted Lewis
5. Randolph Turpin

If he were to find a second win and clean out 147 then I think he can be in a top 3 potentially and top 5 at the very least. But realistically don't think it will happen given his form, inactivity, wear/tear, age and being past his peak years.

Jimmy Wilde reigned as undisputed world champion for about 7 years, established the longest unbeaten streak to this day with 104 wins in a row! with an overall record of 132-2-1. He went by names such as ‘The Mighty Atom’, ‘The Tylorstown Terror’ and ‘Ghost with the Hammer in his Hand :akhtar, for a guy so tiny standing at 5ft 2 he had insane power and often had to fight guys much bigger then him because it was hard to find opponents in and around his weight of just 96lb [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

What is Eddie thinking booking Amir's return for Liverpool [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] :facepalm: the only time I feel like going Liverpool is when I want to take a dump. Brum was the perfect place and while he's a great draw everywhere, in our city he has loads of appeal here and with Yafai on the under card it could have been a great event.

What is Eddie thinking booking Amir's return for Liverpool [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] :facepalm: the only time I feel like going Liverpool is when I want to take a dump. Brum was the perfect place and while he's a great draw everywhere, in our city he has loads of appeal here and with Yafai on the under card it could have been a great event.

It's a strange move as the MEN or as you say Bham would have been better for Khan. We dont know the undercard yet, so possibly Price could be on there hoping for a future fight against Fury?

Meanwhile there are rumours Khan's next opponent could be Van Heerden. I have no idea who is is lol

[MENTION=141557]Chief Destroyer[/MENTION] There are fighters like Kell Brook and then there are fighters like Lamont Peterson.

Peterson was being savagely beaten but refused to quit, his trainer actually waited for him to walk out for the 8th so he could stop the fight once he had left his stool lol because other wise it would have been harder with Lamont Peterson in his corner. He fought with too much heart and you just don't go toe to to with Spence, was surprised by the lack of lateral movement from him. He threw some big power punches but Spence took them all well he has one hell of a chin to, after a performance like that against a world class fighter I doubt Thurman will be in a hurry to face him. If they do Spence will stop Thurman, it's a bad stylistic match up for him. Don't think there's anyone out there to beat him, a Khan from four years ago could potentially have had the best chance; there's Crawford coming up from 140 as well but we don't know how his body will respond to 147.

[MENTION=141557]Chief Destroyer[/MENTION] There are fighters like Kell Brook and then there are fighters like Lamont Peterson.

Peterson was being savagely beaten but refused to quit, his trainer actually waited for him to walk out for the 8th so he could stop the fight once he had left his stool lol because other wise it would have been harder with Lamont Peterson in his corner. He fought with too much heart and you just don't go toe to to with Spence, was surprised by the lack of lateral movement from him. He threw some big power punches but Spence took them all well he has one hell of a chin to, after a performance like that against a world class fighter I doubt Thurman will be in a hurry to face him. If they do Spence will stop Thurman, it's a bad stylistic match up for him. Don't think there's anyone out there to beat him, a Khan from four years ago could potentially have had the best chance; there's Crawford coming up from 140 as well but we don't know how his body will respond to 147.

Guys check out round 5 at the very least, oh ma gawd in heaven what a dog fight both were swinging for the fences like Hagler and Hearns

Good to see you've accepted his greatness.

Good to see you've accepted his greatness.

You seem mistaken, I've followed this fella since the Olympics and predicted he would be champion. However I don't prematurely jump on the hype train, Errol has come on stronger in recent times and gets better with experience as one would expect, having said that he remains a work in progress and he would admit that to, there's a lot of potential though. Also, greatness is not achieved merely by winning a world title and making a defence; there's more to it then that mate

Last edited:
Incredible cruswerweight action [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] in one of the best fights you"ll see, Usyl defeats Briedis to become the unified world champion; honestly it was so competitive that the outcome is criminal because neither deserved to lose. I had Briedis win by 1 round but would have been more content with a draw, not much of an issue with the scoring can't complain; one judge called it a draw while the other two had it 115-113 for Usyk. The two set an insane pace from the word go and maintained a crazy intensity for 12 rounds, it's almost as if they had another 8 rounds left in them lol one of the beauties of this division is when you find elite fighters, you get the best combo of speed, power and skill. Both proved their P4P pedigree, it was on ITV4 for free mate and tv player. Maybe you can catch it on the replay channel if you didn't check it out live.

Incredible cruswerweight action [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] in one of the best fights you"ll see, Usyl defeats Briedis to become the unified world champion; honestly it was so competitive that the outcome is criminal because neither deserved to lose. I had Briedis win by 1 round but would have been more content with a draw, not much of an issue with the scoring can't complain; one judge called it a draw while the other two had it 115-113 for Usyk. The two set an insane pace from the word go and maintained a crazy intensity for 12 rounds, it's almost as if they had another 8 rounds left in them lol one of the beauties of this division is when you find elite fighters, you get the best combo of speed, power and skill. Both proved their P4P pedigree, it was on ITV4 for free mate and tv player. Maybe you can catch it on the replay channel if you didn't check it out live.

A friend of mine sent me a text to watch it too. I will check it out. :)

Is Fury going to be in the Parker camp?

A friend of mine sent me a text to watch it too. I will check it out. :)

Is Fury going to be in the Parker camp?

I watched it om tv player.com, on tv it was on 493. Yeah lol he offered himself as a sparring partner, the two have been good mates for years and Parker use to message fury for advice back when he was inexperienced pro. Can't imagine AJ being on a level with a fellow competitor like that, he probs would tell parker he's a disgrace to the superior kiwi race :yk

I watched it om tv player.com, on tv it was on 493. Yeah lol he offered himself as a sparring partner, the two have been good mates for years and Parker use to message fury for advice back when he was inexperienced pro. Can't imagine AJ being on a level with a fellow competitor like that, he probs would tell parker he's a disgrace to the superior kiwi race :yk

It would be good for Fury too have some real gym time after being out for so long. AJ seems to be very annoyed with all the talk of being dropped. I watched the press conference and he was discussing every time he hit the canvas. :))

It would be good for Fury too have some real gym time after being out for so long. AJ seems to be very annoyed with all the talk of being dropped. I watched the press conference and he was discussing every time he hit the canvas. :))

Lmao I know watched that, so much cringe :)) such a sensitive fella and extrutiatingly sensitive / unlikeable.

In other news, Amir Khan will face Phil Lo Greco in his comeback fight at the Echo Arena in Liverpool, England, on April 21. His opponent fought Errol Spence and Shawn Porter not so long ago so he's not a complete unknown but someone who has fought at the world level and went the distance with Porter but got stopped by Spence, decent challenge when coming off a 2 year lay off

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] and the rest tune into ITV 4, cruserweight semi final in the WBSS, Gasiev v Doriticos for the unified world championship, great fight and a pick em. Got to say the presentation of this tournament in general has been fantastic, everyone involved have done Muhammad Ali justice and added great value to winning the trophy as well beyond the lineal status of being the divisions best

Another sensational fight in the WBSS ! Gassiev with a boxing master class to eventually stop the dangerous Dorticus in the 12th! not sure what that cuban is made off and am surprised he lasted so long, he took so much punishment but kept coming forward and never stopped throwing punches but Gassiev's defence was tough to penetrate and he picked his spots a lot better, his signature body work was again on display to set up much of his offence.

Dorticus had the wrong game plan, he should have used his reach and range a lot more being the taller and bigger guy but Gassiev exploited his pressure and broke him down masterfully.

Credit to Dorticus for his courage and determination but his inexperience showed here. Look forward to the super fight Usyk v Gassiev ! it will OFFICIALLY be for the LINEAL championship !!!! what a credit the WBBS has been for the sport :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Groves / Eubank jr next week, predictions [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=141557]Chief Destroyer[/MENTION] [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION]

Boxing's place at the 2020 Olympics under threat, says IOC president Thomas Bach

Boxing's place at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games could be in jeopardy, International Olympic Committee (IOC) president Thomas Bach has said.

The IOC executive board has expressed disapproval with the governance of amateur boxing's world governing body AIBA.

There is a dissatisfaction from the IOC with a report prepared by the AIBA concerning its governance, finance, refereeing and anti-doping issues.

Bach, speaking in Pyeongchang ahead of the Winter Olympics, read a statement featuring seven decisions, the last of which warned boxing could be omitted from the Olympics if AIBA's governance did not improve.

"The IOC reserves the right to review the inclusion of boxing on the programme of the Youth Olympic Games Buenos Aires 2018 and the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020," said Bach.

"We are extremely worried about the governance in AIBA."

An investigation has been opened as a result, led by the IOC chief ethics and compliance officer.

All contracts with AIBA have been frozen, along with all financial payments to AIBA, which is expected to produce a further report by the end of April.

Bach also admitted the IOC had concerns over the judging at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.

"From the fact that refereeing is part of the decision we already took in December last year and we were requesting more information, you can conclude we're still looking into this issue," Bach added.

A recent shake-up of the AIBA has seen Gafur Rakhimov installed as interim president, and with him a pledge to bring greater transparency to the organisation.

At the AIBA Extraordinary Congress in Dubai following his appointment, Rakhimov said: "We must work closely with National Federations and with the International Olympic Committee to restore confidence in AIBA's financial management and in its integrity. This means greater transparency and improved corporate governance of AIBA."

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...s-under-threat-says-ioc-president-thomas-bach

Another sensational fight in the WBSS ! Gassiev with a boxing master class to eventually stop the dangerous Dorticus in the 12th! not sure what that cuban is made off and am surprised he lasted so long, he took so much punishment but kept coming forward and never stopped throwing punches but Gassiev's defence was tough to penetrate and he picked his spots a lot better, his signature body work was again on display to set up much of his offence.

Dorticus had the wrong game plan, he should have used his reach and range a lot more being the taller and bigger guy but Gassiev exploited his pressure and broke him down masterfully.

Credit to Dorticus for his courage and determination but his inexperience showed here. Look forward to the super fight Usyk v Gassiev ! it will OFFICIALLY be for the LINEAL championship !!!! what a credit the WBBS has been for the sport :bow:

Where can i find that fight in english commentary. So far what i have seen of this fight on youtube has russian commentary

Where can i find that fight in english commentary. So far what i have seen of this fight on youtube has russian commentary

Are you from the UK mate? If so you can watch it on ITV player and the previous fight which was fantastic as well between Usyk and Briedis. Otherwise will look for a link to see what I can find

Are you from the UK mate? If so you can watch it on ITV player and the previous fight which was fantastic as well between Usyk and Briedis. Otherwise will look for a link to see what I can find

Nah I from ksa. I will keep looking if somebody uploads it in english on YT.

Nah I from ksa. I will keep looking if somebody uploads it in english on YT.

The ones I found were in foreign lingo as well but you should still watch both fights because they were that good and mate you're lucky! you need to make sure you head to Jeddah to watch Usyk v Gassiev ! superfight for the undisputed lineal championship at cruser, first time in history

Just watched this now. Great fight, both fighters gave it their all and took some strong shots throughout. It was a case of who could continue to throw more and take more blows longer.Gassiev seems a very compact fighter, knows his style well but I agree Dorticus played into his hands buy coming foward, trying to take control of the centre of the ring when he could have used his reach and countered. But I guess sometimes you have to make a statement and he tried, credit to him for entertaining us all.

Groves / Eubank jr next week, predictions [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=141557]Chief Destroyer[/MENTION] [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] [MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION]

I'm really looking forward to this esp as it will test Eubank. It all depends on how much Groves has left in the tank, after being in some brutal battles. If he can come out fresh he will cause Eubank a lot of problems as he has a good inside game and Eubank would want to dominate with what he feels are his superiour boxing skills. Ideally I would like Groves to land a big shot early on to set the fight on fire.

Tough to predict but I think Eubank could just edge a points decision.

I'm picking Eubank by stoppage. Never rated Groves at all. Since he's a Froch opponent he gets overhyped to make Froch's record look better.

He has power but has very poor stamima along with a weak chin which has been evident years ago when Kenny Anderson had him all over the place.

Just watched this now. Great fight, both fighters gave it their all and took some strong shots throughout. It was a case of who could continue to throw more and take more blows longer.Gassiev seems a very compact fighter, knows his style well but I agree Dorticus played into his hands buy coming foward, trying to take control of the centre of the ring when he could have used his reach and countered. But I guess sometimes you have to make a statement and he tried, credit to him for entertaining us all.

I'm really looking forward to this esp as it will test Eubank. It all depends on how much Groves has left in the tank, after being in some brutal battles. If he can come out fresh he will cause Eubank a lot of problems as he has a good inside game and Eubank would want to dominate with what he feels are his superiour boxing skills. Ideally I would like Groves to land a big shot early on to set the fight on fire.

Tough to predict but I think Eubank could just edge a points decision.

Watch Usyk v Briedis that was even better mate, it should be on ITV player :)

Agree with you there about Groves/Eubank, its a pick em but I give Eubank the edge because he's a lot fresher and Groves doesn't use his feet anymore

I'm picking Eubank by stoppage. Never rated Groves at all. Since he's a Froch opponent he gets overhyped to make Froch's record look better.

He has power but has very poor stamima along with a weak chin which has been evident years ago when Kenny Anderson had him all over the place.

He's a very good fighter and has hung in there with big names although fell short at times, his fans overly hype him though. Am going with the Eubank stoppage as well, Groves don't move laterally anymore

Last edited:
The ones I found were in foreign lingo as well but you should still watch both fights because they were that good and mate you're lucky! you need to make sure you head to Jeddah to watch Usyk v Gassiev ! superfight for the undisputed lineal championship at cruser, first time in history

Yeah that is what got me excited for it in the first place. I don't take much interest in cruiserweight division otherwise.

Yeah that is what got me excited for it in the first place. I don't take much interest in cruiserweight division otherwise.

It's a great division which had fallen under the radar with lack of TV networks giving them exposure, the WBSS tournament has been an absolute revelation though and given many names who arguably deserve to be in the P4P top 10 a great platform. Have you got your tickets already? I hope it's not a case where most of the allocation was made to those extremely wealthy elites.

It's a great division which had fallen under the radar with lack of TV networks giving them exposure, the WBSS tournament has been an absolute revelation though and given many names who arguably deserve to be in the P4P top 10 a great platform. Have you got your tickets already? I hope it's not a case where most of the allocation was made to those extremely wealthy elites.

There is no ticketing information available yet. Regarding the ticket allocation, the government after their recent economic crisis has been really open in allowing people especially the youth to explore entertainment avenues like concerts, car racings & performing arts exhibitions & even cinemas this year, so buying tickets is not gonna be an issue provided you are willing to pay.

The only thing that worries me is the price which i assume will be too high for folks in ksa as at this point in time am not sure how many locals will attend it and the organizers of course will look to make big bucks by pulling in foreign fans to Jeddah like Dubai event organizers do.

There is no ticketing information available yet. Regarding the ticket allocation, the government after their recent economic crisis has been really open in allowing people especially the youth to explore entertainment avenues like concerts, car racings & performing arts exhibitions & even cinemas this year, so buying tickets is not gonna be an issue provided you are willing to pay.

The only thing that worries me is the price which i assume will be too high for folks in ksa as at this point in time am not sure how many locals will attend it and the organizers of course will look to make big bucks by pulling in foreign fans to Jeddah like Dubai event organizers do.

If the capacity of the arena is say max of 15K, you should still be able to have a decent view from right at the back. It's only in football stadiums where it becomes an issue so if you target one of the lower priced seats it will be fine.

The legendary Roy Jones Jnr finally retired last night and while it was great to see him call it day, was bittersweet at the same time; loved how he really enjoyed himself and displayed that old magic with his domination and showmanship. Easily a top 10 P4P great and arguably top 5, here are some of his highlights:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">George Groves defeats Chris Eubank Jr by unanimous decision! He will be in the <a href="https://twitter.com/WBSuperSeries?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@WBSuperSeries</a> final.<br><br>➡️ LIVE reaction here: <a href="https://t.co/nOCybh8ExD">https://t.co/nOCybh8ExD</a> &#55358;&#56650;&#55357;&#56571; <a href="https://t.co/hChB18Lfqx">pic.twitter.com/hChB18Lfqx</a></p>— talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) <a href="https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/965001035176726528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 17, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It was a pick em but I had doubts on Groves engine rather then his skill, however his in-ring IQ, skill and intelligent footwork were too much for Eubank who did well to come on stronger in the final 1/4 but that also may have been due to George dislocating his shoulder.

Junior is a good fighter but he wont progress with his delusional father behind him, he needs a new team. I never really saw any improvment from the BJS fight people kept saying because he keeps doing the same things in the ring and got found out once again when in the ring against top opposition which are great at controlling range.

Prince Naz has been legendary on the post fight analysis lmao but a lot of what he said are harsh truths, junior needs to take a serious look at himself and take the lead in where his career goes from here

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAgmAAAAJDQ4NWNlNWVjLTUwOWUtNGVjMS1hZjMyLWMyZTViNjVhMmY4MQ.jpg

:))

Prince Naz has been legendary on the post fight analysis lmao but a lot of what he said are harsh truths, junior needs to take a serious look at himself and take the lead in where his career goes from here

Prince Naz got the same treatment from Eubank senior during his career so much that Eubank was the media example of a good Muslim and prince Naz was the villain

Prince Naz got the same treatment from Eubank senior during his career so much that Eubank was the media example of a good Muslim and prince Naz was the villain

Eubank during that period and even now relishes being the villain, Naz generally enjoys more popularity. Senior just loves winding people up and seems to feud with everyone in british boxing :)) One thing he has always been a master of is selling tickets, when you judge his career he was a great fighter but his persona was a huge draw, otherwise he was more then happy to sit at home and hold his lightly regarded (at the time) WBO world title hostage an got beat twice the moment he left the UK. I don't ever see him getting inducted in the hall of fame.

Eubank during that period and even now relishes being the villain, Naz generally enjoys more popularity. Senior just loves winding people up and seems to feud with everyone in british boxing :)) One thing he has always been a master of is selling tickets, when you judge his career he was a great fighter but his persona was a huge draw, otherwise he was more then happy to sit at home and hold his lightly regarded (at the time) WBO world title hostage an got beat twice the moment he left the UK. I don't ever see him getting inducted in the hall of fame.

I respect him for praying in the big brother house but his documentaries on religion involve him climbing trees with his then infant children which was abit weird

But the Eubank model is a pioneering one, it has given promoters the blue print on how to pad your fighters records and protect them before cashing out in big domestic clashes. Kell Brook is a perfect example of the Eubank model, but he fought in the US once at least and beat a legitimate world champion even though it was a very scratchy contest that could have gone either way.

The warriorth code alwayth cometh upthort againth top oppothithon - Chris Eubank

:))

Did you not have the same pick? I still don't rate Groves as a top fighter

I gave him the edge but it was still a pick em from my POV and my doubts were over Groves engine rather then how good Eubank is because when he's using his feet and boxing at range he is not an easy cookie to dissect and that amateur background really shows. lmao then you're just an ignorant hater, so a guy who was meant to stop Groves according to you gets humiliated an you still don't rate him :))

I gave him the edge but it was still a pick em from my POV and my doubts were over Groves engine rather then how good Eubank is because when he's using his feet and boxing at range he is not an easy cookie to dissect and that amateur background really shows. lmao then you're just an ignorant hater, so a guy who was meant to stop Groves according to you gets humiliated an you still don't rate him :))

I don't rate him as a top fighter. The 168 division is historically the weakest division in history and now it is at is weakest its been since years and Groves had how many shots before he actually won a paper belt?

As for getting humiliated by Eubank I never said any thing of the sort I have barely seen Eubank fight.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the fight but one judge had it 7-5 one 8-4 and one 9-3 were they way off?

Humiliation is a word I would reserve for Ward vs Froch or Maidana vs Broner

I don't rate him as a top fighter. The 168 division is historically the weakest division in history and now it is at is weakest its been since years and Groves had how many shots before he actually won a paper belt?

As for getting humiliated by Eubank I never said any thing of the sort I have barely seen Eubank fight.

You talk as if you have followed the SMW since its inception and have complied your very own personal encyclopedia:misbah words like 'weakest' are generally thrown around casually and bare no meaning with regards to accomplishments of fighters regardless unless they are being compared across generations and I don't think anyone mentions Groves as some ATG.

Am sure you didn't wake up yesterday and realised that fighters compete for 'paper' belts, if they had no value no one would care about them. Winning a world championship isn't easy and if he won it on the 3rd attempt it doesn't make the achievement any less, anyhow he is ranked in the top 2 of every ranking medium including the lineal one which means that he will be eligible to fight for the undisputed lineal championship in the future. He's arguably the best at SMW in the world right now and no.2 at the very least.

I haven't seen the fight but one judge had it 7-5 one 8-4 and one 9-3 were they way off?

Humiliation is a word I would reserve for Ward vs Froch or Maidana vs Broner

Humiliation is the perfect word, Eubank was made to look like an amateur, am not sure if you watched the fight but you seriously thought he would stop Groves :)) and what's worse you don't give him any credit even after he spanked the chosen one. On top of that, when you look at all the big talk from the Eubank camp it's nothing short of a humiliation, he was clue less and stuck in one gear all night.

He came on stronger in the final 1/4 when Groves dislocated his shoulder, 8-4 is about right; the others were off but he got the UD win which is what matters n the end.

You talk as if you have followed the SMW since its inception and have complied your very own personal encyclopedia:misbah words like 'weakest' are generally thrown around casually and bare no meaning with regards to accomplishments of fighters regardless unless they are being compared across generations and I don't think anyone mentions Groves as some ATG.

Am sure you didn't wake up yesterday and realised that fighters compete for 'paper' belts, if they had no value no one would care about them. Winning a world championship isn't easy and if he won it on the 3rd attempt it doesn't make the achievement any less, anyhow he is ranked in the top 2 of every ranking medium including the lineal one which means that he will be eligible to fight for the undisputed lineal championship in the future. He's arguably the best at SMW in the world right now and no.2 at the very least.

What is your top 10 ATG list at 168? Is Arthur Abraham on it? if not why not?

Humiliation is the perfect word, Eubank was made to look like an amateur, am not sure if you watched the fight but you seriously thought he would stop Groves :)) and what's worse you don't give him any credit even after he spanked the chosen one. On top of that, when you look at all the big talk from the Eubank camp it's nothing short of a humiliation, he was clue less and stuck in one gear all night.

He came on stronger in the final 1/4 when Groves dislocated his shoulder, 8-4 is about right; the others were off but he got the UD win which is what matters n the end.

So did you

Groves fought Froch who is one of the best SMW's ever in British history at the age of just 24, he was young and inexperienced but held his own but was put away in both fights. Then he more then held his own against the dangerous Jack but fell short once again before finally finding some form and winning a world title en-route to beating the likes of Murray, Chudinov and Eubank; it just goes to show he's a mentally tough guy and is skilful. I don't see why he'd not be rated within the confines of the super middle weight division.

So did you

I didn't say he would stop him, I said I give Eubank the edge because he's a lot fresher and Groves doesn't use his feet anymore. So in other words I only gave Eubank a chance because I felt Groves doesn't have an engine at this stage of his career and I also bought into the Eubank hype when I have not seen any noticeable improvement since he got whipped by Billy Joe

And why is this all time top 10 list relevant again with respect to how Groves is rated?

It is because Abraham was average at best. So Groves could end up making it as a top 10 ATG at 168 the weakest division in the history of boxing.

It is because Abraham was average at best. So Groves could end up making it as a top 10 ATG at 168 the weakest division in the history of boxing.

That's all irrelevant when it comes to how we are judging Groves recent performances and what you deem to be weak is subjective and it also belittles what Roy Jones achieved just because the others couldn't keep up with him, that's not his fault, he just got to put away what's in front of him. But having said that only a select few will get into the Hall of Fame and Groves career is far from hall of fame worthy we look at many factors so the likes of Arthers and others in your top 10 list wont get the induction so easily

Back