Boxing Thread

[MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=136302]Haz95[/MENTION] decent podcast this, White Rhino Dave Allan interviews Tyson Fury, here's a link:

https://podtail.com/podcast/the-white-rhino-fightcast/ep-4-the-real-tyson-fury/

Stars from around the 10 minute mark, if you don't listen to it some of the highlights include:

How starstruck Fury was when he met Mike Tyson.

How The Notebook and the Time Traveller's Wife are his favourite movies and he cries every time lmao.

Some background on his favourite chocolates.

Speaks of how he has portrayed himself as a controversial figure at times to get a bit of chatter going when Dave Allen points out that his public perception is so misunderstood given that he's a really nice bloke.

Background on his current plans and the training he is doing, plus his thoughts on the rising HW's

Still listening to it but those are the highlights thus far from the first 20 minutes or so

There's one story where he's in Germany helping Wladmir during one of his training camps, after a work out every night everyone usually heads to a red hot sauna where everyone jumps in naked male/female lol So there were around 15 fighters in the sauna including Wlad/Fury besides the other men/women, Ali Bashir one of Wlad's trainers is also in the sauna and he points in his very strong American ascent "Man, Wladmir's the best! he stays in the sauna the longest every time! he's like the king of the sauna!" So the plan for Fury and the others was to stay in the sauna for around 15 minutes and 5 minutes in Fury was totally out of it struggling but he remained, others at that point began to leave the sauna but Wladmir remained and he'd get up starts waving you know lol and flexing a bit, then he'd pass this chocolate oils to the few who remained to put on,

Fury kept telling himself that he would rather pass out then leave he kept counting in his head the minutes which were passing, so 20 minutes go by, 30 minutes go by and then Wladmir leaves but Fury is still there! and in his head he's saying yes! I beat him, but then stays a little longer because he didn't want anyone to know they were having a competition :)) So Fury would leave after 40 minutes lmao and almost passed out as he was walking out and a lot of fighters come up to him and say what did you do or say to Wladmir? he's in a really bad mood LOL and Fury replied I just F word him in his first battle with me :)))

The fight was won in the sauna lads long before the triumph in Dusseldorf

[MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=136302]Haz95[/MENTION] decent podcast this, White Rhino Dave Allan interviews Tyson Fury, here's a link:

https://podtail.com/podcast/the-white-rhino-fightcast/ep-4-the-real-tyson-fury/

Stars from around the 10 minute mark, if you don't listen to it some of the highlights include:

How starstruck Fury was when he met Mike Tyson.

How The Notebook and the Time Traveller's Wife are his favourite movies and he cries every time lmao.

Some background on his favourite chocolates.

Speaks of how he has portrayed himself as a controversial figure at times to get a bit of chatter going when Dave Allen points out that his public perception is so misunderstood given that he's a really nice bloke.

Background on his current plans and the training he is doing, plus his thoughts on the rising HW's

Still listening to it but those are the highlights thus far from the first 20 minutes or so

Seriously I hate those movies. They are chick flicks :))

Seriously I hate those movies. They are chick flicks :))

Yeah lmao he has a thing for chick flicks big man tears up, his all time favourite movie is Troy though lol Dicaprio is his favourite actor and female is Rachel Mcadams

Some positive news out the Fury camp, Tyson has signed a deal with MTK global who will be managing his boxing career in an advisory role; he's very serious about getting back in the squared circle and seems to be in a happy place right now which is great, Tyson is most content when he's in the gym, hopefully he can stay there.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&#55357;&#56485; BREAKING: <br><br>MTK Global are delighted to announce the signing of the Ring Magazine and lineal heavyweight champion of the world, <a href="https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Tyson_Fury</a>. <br><br>Read full story: <a href="https://t.co/XGjQX5Kers">https://t.co/XGjQX5Kers</a><br>_______<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TeamMTKGlobal?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TeamMTKGlobal</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TysonFury?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TysonFury</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NewSigning?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NewSigning</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Heavyweight?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Heavyweight</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Welcome?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Welcome</a> <a href="https://t.co/hyn5Lm5IhK">pic.twitter.com/hyn5Lm5IhK</a></p>— MTK Global &#55356;&#57101; (@MTKGlobal) <a href="https://twitter.com/MTKGlobal/status/934391804660723712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">25 November 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MTK have been around a while but have made some big progress in recent times signing the likes of Frampton, Billy Joe Saunders and now Tyson Fury

Man this kovalev guy is such a weird boxer. Against medium quality oppostion, he walks on water but as soon as he faces someone who can outbox him or not allow him to dominate, he wilts and gets tired in later rounds. Today he just decimated his opponent

Man this kovalev guy is such a weird boxer. Against medium quality oppostion, he walks on water but as soon as he faces someone who can outbox him or not allow him to dominate, he wilts and gets tired in later rounds. Today he just decimated his opponent

It also shows just how good Andre Ward is as well, just a level or two above the rest. Kovalev is a bit of a mental midget and just has a really bad attitude, he's still an excellent fighter but those qualities are his kryptonite.

It also shows just how good Andre Ward is as well, just a level or two above the rest. Kovalev is a bit of a mental midget and just has a really bad attitude, he's still an excellent fighter but those qualities are his kryptonite.

To be fair, Andre ward did get some occasional low blows on him in the second fight and referee tony weeks didn't warn him except i think the fifth round. Even in the eighth round the last finishing blows that came at the time of stoppage were not clear enough to determine them as low blows or borderline.

Overall it wouldn't matter as ward would win it on points just like the first fight plus kovalev was tiring out due to the body shots ward was consistently landing on him.

To be fair, Andre ward did get some occasional low blows on him in the second fight and referee tony weeks didn't warn him except i think the fifth round. Even in the eighth round the last finishing blows that came at the time of stoppage were not clear enough to determine them as low blows or borderline.

Overall it wouldn't matter as ward would win it on points just like the first fight plus kovalev was tiring out due to the body shots ward was consistently landing on him.

Trust me watch the fight again the right hand did serious damage long before those alleged low blows and Kovalev's own trainer agrees, speaking of those low blows; which fighter have you known that has quit based on those shots? have you ever seen like a knock out as a result of a low blow where the guy is completely out of it.

Compared to a body or head shot, a low blow is nothing because you recover so much faster. For me you could see in Kovalev's eyes he had given up and didn't want any of it, some of those shots were borderline as you say and every time he kept complaining to the ref. Ward won the first fight for me as well even though some disputed it. I am kinda annoyed by both controversies because they cast a mini shadow which takes so much away from the ATG fighter that is Ward but years from now, people will see those two big W's in his column without looking too much into the fights themselves which is what matters.

Also see how Kovalev's team refused to call out Ward or push for a rematch after the 2nd fight, he doesn't want no part of Ward again. When it comes to this era, there are three fighters who are the best of there generations or in your top 5 at the very least and those are Floyd, Pac-Man and Andre Ward

Trust me watch the fight again the right hand did serious damage long before those alleged low blows and Kovalev's own trainer agrees, speaking of those low blows; which fighter have you known that has quit based on those shots? have you ever seen like a knock out as a result of a low blow where the guy is completely out of it.

Compared to a body or head shot, a low blow is nothing because you recover so much faster. For me you could see in Kovalev's eyes he had given up and didn't want any of it, some of those shots were borderline as you say and every time he kept complaining to the ref. Ward won the first fight for me as well even though some disputed it. I am kinda annoyed by both controversies because they cast a mini shadow which takes so much away from the ATG fighter that is Ward but years from now, people will see those two big W's in his column without looking too much into the fights themselves which is what matters.

Also see how Kovalev's team refused to call out Ward or push for a rematch after the 2nd fight, he doesn't want no part of Ward again. When it comes to this era, there are three fighters who are the best of there generations or in your top 5 at the very least and those are Floyd, Pac-Man and Andre Ward

This is what is so weird about him and hence i don't rate him much. The first fight was awesome and though the verdict was somewhat debatable as it was close fight, in no way was that a robbery which kovalev and his camp proclaimed after the match. Ward thorougly outboxed him in both matches.

This reason why i don't like kovalev is that instead of taking a loss like a man he starts shouting robbery & plays politics in the after fight conferences. I am not a big fan of ward as i missed out on lot of his matches when he was in his peak but i respect his ring IQ & counterpunching skills.

He reminded me lot of roy jones jr. & floyd mayweather jr. who he sometimes imitated especially with the use of body jab which worked wonders in the second fight. Everytime he hit kovalev with body jab, you could see kovalev breathing heavy and crouching to protect his midsection.

You gotta include Wlad in the list too. He was a legit champ who never got credit because of his grab & jab style and the quality of his opponents. To remain undefeated over a decade and 23 title defenses takes a lot of commitment & discipline.

This is what is so weird about him and hence i don't rate him much. The first fight was awesome and though the verdict was somewhat debatable as it was close fight, in no way was that a robbery which kovalev and his camp proclaimed after the match. Ward thorougly outboxed him in both matches.

This reason why i don't like kovalev is that instead of taking a loss like a man he starts shouting robbery & plays politics in the after fight conferences. I am not a big fan of ward as i missed out on lot of his matches when he was in his peak but i respect his ring IQ & counterpunching skills.

He reminded me lot of roy jones jr. & floyd mayweather jr. who he sometimes imitated especially with the use of body jab which worked wonders in the second fight. Everytime he hit kovalev with body jab, you could see kovalev breathing heavy and crouching to protect his midsection.

You gotta include Wlad in the list too. He was a legit champ who never got credit because of his grab & jab style and the quality of his opponents. To remain undefeated over a decade and 23 title defenses takes a lot of commitment & discipline.

Ward honestly defeated every fighter in their prime at SMW and he made it look so easy, but then his career was cut short due to promotional issues which were made more complex when his promoter past away, he would then return to the ring at the age of 32 after 20 months of inactivity! his ambition was to nail the GGG fight because he was deemed the best P4P fighter, however GGG ducked Ward and a nice pay day, he didn't want to move up to SMW which would have been more convenient to make the fight and logical as well; when GGG ducked Ward and no real threat at SMW, Ward past his peak decided to move up to LHW! to make a fight with one of the most avoided fighters in the world in Kovalev, no one knew if he still had but you know what they say, class is permanent; the guy past his peak would beat a Kovalev at the peak of his powers twice in a row. Also forgot to mention Ward on his return from inactivity fought Barrera as a tune up! a guy that would beat Joe Smith and stop the bloke in 7 rounds whom Kovalev beat in 2 last night.

Good shout mate! Wladmir is 100% up there with those names, he may have even ranked as the no.1 P4P fighter for an extended period once Floyd retired for the first time. In no order these would be in my top 5 for this era, Floyd, Manny, Ward, Wladmir; these guys would have to be an automatic pick for most people, now these are just four names, you could say the fifth fighter is open for debate although my pick would be Bernard Hopkins, it's a strange one because his peak was obviously in the 90's but the man held his own in the 2000's like no one could have ever imagined, truly was the alien lol who would be your top 5

Ward honestly defeated every fighter in their prime at SMW and he made it look so easy, but then his career was cut short due to promotional issues which were made more complex when his promoter past away, he would then return to the ring at the age of 32 after 20 months of inactivity! his ambition was to nail the GGG fight because he was deemed the best P4P fighter, however GGG ducked Ward and a nice pay day, he didn't want to move up to SMW which would have been more convenient to make the fight and logical as well; when GGG ducked Ward and no real threat at SMW, Ward past his peak decided to move up to LHW! to make a fight with one of the most avoided fighters in the world in Kovalev, no one knew if he still had but you know what they say, class is permanent; the guy past his peak would beat a Kovalev at the peak of his powers twice in a row. Also forgot to mention Ward on his return from inactivity fought Barrera as a tune up! a guy that would beat Joe Smith and stop the bloke in 7 rounds whom Kovalev beat in 2 last night.

Good shout mate! Wladmir is 100% up there with those names, he may have even ranked as the no.1 P4P fighter for an extended period once Floyd retired for the first time. In no order these would be in my top 5 for this era, Floyd, Manny, Ward, Wladmir; these guys would have to be an automatic pick for most people, now these are just four names, you could say the fifth fighter is open for debate although my pick would be Bernard Hopkins, it's a strange one because his peak was obviously in the 90's but the man held his own in the 2000's like no one could have ever imagined, truly was the alien lol who would be your top 5

I don't really have a top 5 because i started watching boxing in 2009. At that time was bit of casual and a huge manny ******. So i started watching old fights like rocky marciano, floyd patterson, liston and then ali. I matured into a real fan after watching ali's fights.

From there on i would progress to leonard, duran and the other 80's fighters and so on. Even now i miss fights of some divisions like the lower weight classes and middleweight division, that is why i frequent this thread. So my best fighters would be floyd , manny, wlad and hopkins for sure. I had other favorite fighters too like hatton, juan manuel marquez, shane mosley but they weren't as consistent as the previos four and burned out pretty quickly due to their aggressive boxing style.

I don't really have a top 5 because i started watching boxing in 2009. At that time was bit of casual and a huge manny ******. So i started watching old fights like rocky marciano, floyd patterson, liston and then ali. I matured into a real fan after watching ali's fights.

From there on i would progress to leonard, duran and the other 80's fighters and so on. Even now i miss fights of some divisions like the lower weight classes and middleweight division, that is why i frequent this thread. So my best fighters would be floyd , manny, wlad and hopkins for sure. I had other favorite fighters too like hatton, juan manuel marquez, shane mosley but they weren't as consistent as the previos four and burned out pretty quickly due to their aggressive boxing style.

Even though you started watching a little late you know a fair amount especially because you've studied the sports rich history so really appreciate your grasp, Marquez is another good shout, Martinez and Joe Calzaghe are contenders as well. Loma/Rigo is one to watch among the lower weights, it's scheduled for December the 9th; Rigo will be moving up two weight classes but still expect him to be Loma's biggest test since Salido

Even though you started watching a little late you know a fair amount especially because you've studied the sports rich history so really appreciate your grasp, Marquez is another good shout, Martinez and Joe Calzaghe are contenders as well. Loma/Rigo is one to watch among the lower weights, it's scheduled for December the 9th; Rigo will be moving up two weight classes but still expect him to be Loma's biggest test since Salido

Yep have seen some of rigo's fights. He started his career pretty late. I think if he had turned pro at the same age as lomcahenko, he would have beaten everybody in his division and perhaps be a multi-division champ like floyd & manny and a true ATG of this era.

Yep have seen some of rigo's fights. He started his career pretty late. I think if he had turned pro at the same age as lomcahenko, he would have beaten everybody in his division and perhaps be a multi-division champ like floyd & manny and a true ATG of this era.

Guys like Loma / Rigo are slight exceptions, they can end their career as ATG's. Both have four olympic medals between them which is a rarity and deserves immense credit and recognition, with Rigo the situation has been a little more complex given Cuba's stance on pro sports but having said that, after his glittering career in the amateurs Rigo won a lineal championship in just his 12th fight so he might have entered the ranks a little late but he made up for it very quick,

Nonito in comparison was at the peak of his powers and was significantly more experienced with 32 fights; this is why age / experience level can be a little misleading at times because you'd think someone like a Rigo would have a small window to stamp his authority and you'd think that they'd most likely not make it to the elite level, they'd have fights in the range of 4-6 rounders for 10-12 fights or so before stepping up against a domestic talent in a 10 or 12 round fight, getting a belt, getting some more experience and then challenging for a world title against the younger more experienced opponent and potentially falling short. But guys like Loma/Rigo are exceptions, they came in late but their special talent which was developed during the amateur experience has been a huge benefit to the point where these guys have thrown themselves at the deep end. Loma won a world title in his 3rd fight and Rigo won a lineal title in his 12th fight, one of the biggest issues which Rigo has had is that many elite talents have been avoiding him including Frampton and Leo Santa Cruz; but still I'd say he has the better resume overall while Loma is getting so much credit for beating guys who Mikey Garcia dealt with years ago.

Both talents still got a bit to do but they can still finish as ATG's within the lower weight classes imo Rigo realises that to which is why he has handicapped himself for a shot at greatness, moving up 2 weights is unheard off but that's what he's willing to do. I think that when we look at him his incredible amateur career and the stuff in Cuba which as orchestrated him entering the ranks a bit late should also be looked at outside his pro success when we judge him as a whole by the time he retires and the same with Loma although he has youth on his side.

What a career Miguel Cotto has had, the old warrior fought his final battle last night. He always wore his heart on his sleeve, gave 100% every time, fought the best and beat some elite fighters. He is Puerto's Rico's greatest and without a doubt who had a Hall of Fame worthy career. There are rarely happy endings in Boxing and he was beaten on points by Sadam Ali. Had a tear in my eye as he swung for the heavens during the final 30 seconds of Round 12 :( , in the 21st century where Boxing has become a business with fighters holding their paper titles hostage, Cotto was a throwback who never sent the fans home unhappy in victory or defeat.

Congrats to Sadam Ali, I scored the points win 116-112 in his favour to become the new WBO light middleweight world champion; he had previously been stopped by Jessie Vargas at 147lb and was moving up to 154 for the first time, being a 13-1 underdog he was not expected to win and deserves immense credit, Cotto may have been past his peak but remained a dangerous threat who had experience and size over the challenger. In the end, Sadam's slick movement and speed were too much for Cotto and he hurt him many times during the fight, in those moments he failed to capitalise on finishing Cotto off and gave so much respect but it was understandable because he didn't want to get caught with a counter. Very entertaining fight and big turning point in Sadam's career, his determination reminded me of Fury against Wladmir in 2015; it takes a lot of character to bounce back from a KO with everyone writing you off.

In other news, David Price returned after his horrendous loss to Hammer; it was an ugly fight but he got the job done and from his POV it was about getting some rounds in which was the right thing to do against a very tough and durable pole who came to win. Price looked in great shape and I hope his comeback is a successful one, bet it at the domestic level because it's seriously hard to dislike the fella, he's a class A bloke who deserves to be able to provide for his family. There was a lot of expectations on him after his Olympic and Amateur feats, he also remains the last man to defeat Tyson Fury to this day; it would be a big deal for him to claim the commonwealth, british or euro titles; the sport is seriously tough, even winning a british title is a big accomplishment and a career can be forged on the domestic scene.

Your favourite bawah Ortiz is fighting this week lol [MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION] and Povetkin could be mandatory for AJ's WBA title providing he beats Hammer

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Luis Ortiz set to fight this week<br><br>Full details: <a href="https://t.co/4X3bDLtw7M">https://t.co/4X3bDLtw7M</a> <a href="https://t.co/Aj7UcnqNK9">pic.twitter.com/Aj7UcnqNK9</a></p>— Sky Sports Boxing (@SkySportsBoxing) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkySportsBoxing/status/937992232795336704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">5 December 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not the popular choice or favourite, but am going to back Rigo in his fight against Loma. He will be handicapped by the weight and physical attributes which Loma will hold over him as big advantages, however; it might not be his ideal weight class but this will be Rigo's career defining fight, he will perform like his life depends on it. If there was a fighter with a defence capable of neutralising Loma's work-rate and aggression, Rigo would have to be one of the names in your top 3.

In other news, AJ is refusing to accept a 65-35 split to face Parker; I think the deal is fair and he's being overly stubborn, perhaps he is concerned by JP; on paper, he's not an ideal match up stylistically for him. AJ has also been quoted as saying he doesn't box for money but love for the sport....then why is it that you're not accepting this deal it is hardly insulting plus you have the chance to hold 3 belts and use them to get an even bigger purse in future fights, anyhow another brownie for the humble one.....

Also routing for Tevin Farmer this weekend, regardless of what happens in his world title fight this guy just wins at life. One of the most likeable blokes in Boxing, immense respect for his career and all the things he has overcome in life; love his attitude. At one point he had suffered 4 defeats within his first 10 fights, to bounce back early on displayed tremendous character, he just kept going and never gave up. Then he suffered a very bad injury during a fight and after that was shot at while he was trying to make peace between two idiot thugs, it took a lot to bounce back and get himself in world title contention.

Here's a piece written by Thomas Gerbasi on Farmer:

http://www.boxingscene.com/tevin-farmer-if-i-t-beat-guy-like-ogawa-i-gotta-hang-it-up--123126

When Tevin Farmer is asked how he’s doing a little over a week before he challenges for a world title for the first time on Saturday against Kenichi Ogawa, the spirited “I’m great!” response can startle a bit, but it’s understandable, knowing that after all he’s been through.

Back in July, Farmer was shot in his right hand while playing the role of a peacemaker in his attempt to disarm someone.
And now he’s finally on the doorstep of a life-changing bout in Las Vegas.
But that’s not why he’s so positive.

“Winning the title is going to be a blessing, I love it, that’s really what I want in my life,” Farmer said. “But I won’t let one thing determine whether I have a great day or not. Every day I wake up and I’m alive is a great day.”
It’s the attitude of someone who took the long road, not just in boxing, but in life, and many who do either don’t make it to where Farmer has, or don’t make it at all.

“Where I’m from in North Philly, young kids die every day, so to be 27 is a blessing, honestly,” he said. “And I appreciate that. You learn how to value the little things.”

So when he won 17 fights in a row and seemed on the verge of a crack at a world title, only to tear his bicep in his 18th straight win over Arturo Reyes in April and then get shot in the hand in July, he didn’t hang his head and think the Boxing Gods were conspiring against him. He simply healed up, went back into the gym and got ready for the next phone call. It’s what he’s done his whole career, refusing to let the setbacks get to him, and what he’s done his whole life, refusing to let his environment define his future.

“When you’re born into something, you don’t feel it and you don’t see it,” he said. “You adapt to it. I’ve been living in Jersey for five years. Now when I go to North Philly I can feel it. But when I was there, I couldn’t feel it, I couldn’t see it, it was just normal to me.”
And since it was normal to him, he never looked at boxing as a way out. It was just something to do, but not something he necessarily loved to do.

“I wasn’t born into boxing like other people,” Farmer said. “I didn’t start when I was five and boxing wasn’t all I did. I did everything. I went to nursing school, I played basketball, I played football, I did everything. Boxing was just another sport, that’s it.”
Ask him when he started to fall for the sport, he chuckles.
“I started to care for boxing, probably around 2013.”
2013?

At the dawn of that year, Farmer seemed to be on his way to journeyman status at best, as he was just 7-4-1 as a pro. But it was in 2013 that he began his 18-fight winning streak and battled his way into a fight for the vacant IBF junior lightweight crown.
“I knew I was skillful and talented, and I just wanted to be the best,” he said of his 2013 turnaround. “Of course there’s a lot of money in boxing, I knew that for a fact. And to do something that you’re good at and get paid for it, why not? And I knew if I was gonna do it, I was gonna be the best, so I just dedicated myself.”

Five years later, he has arrived, 12 rounds or less from putting a world championship belt around his waist. But he’s not changing anything around or putting undue pressure on himself in the days leading up to the most important weekend of his career.
“If it’s not broken, don’t fix it,” he said. “We train hard for every fight whether it’s a title fight or a debut. Same moves, same old attitude, whether I’m fighting the best guy or the worst guy.”
Is he excited, at least?

“It may not seem like it or feel like it, but I’m definitely excited,” Farmer laughs. “I knew I would be where I’m at today. I knew all it would take is a little faith and a little time. So it may not seem like it because this isn’t something that was given to me. I worked for this. I didn’t have 16 fights and fight for a title. I worked for this. It’s another fight, another sparring day for me. No pressure.”

If you talk to Famer, it’s like he’s already won. And he has in many ways before he even makes the walk to the ring. As for what happens when he faces Ogawa…

“That’s my belt. I already know that for a fact. If I can’t beat a guy like Ogawa – he can fight and I’m not taking nothing away from him – but if I’m at the level I say I’m at, if I can’t beat this guy, then I gotta hang it up.”

Khan is expected to fight in February and will return to the 147lb division. During his time in the I'm a Celeb jungle he lost a lot of weight in 3 weeks:

Before:

nintchdbpict000367303303.jpg

After:

amirjpg-js372020261.jpg

Prior to the first image he was even fatter then that but had resumed training for around about 2-3 months before he went to the ITV show. He wasn't eating much during the show and did small exercises every day.

He has always had a good working relationship with ITV and I feel like he could be on the Groves/Eubank undercard [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] in a tune up fight, plus this would make sense on the back drop of the exposure he received recently. The PPV ought to do a great number for ITV with those two fights, or maybe Khan will headline another show for them.

Lee Selby performed exceptionally well against a durable Mexican, he tends to coast at times which is a concern; he needs to sit on his punches more often and show urgency, otherwise fantastic. He will cause Frampton serious problems if the the two ever fight.

Degale needs to fire the ***** who booked him to return so soon to the ring, he had been inactive for a long time, was matched against an opponent who was not exactly a journeyman and he also returned too early from his shoulder surgery in June, he may have said otherwise but it was far from 100% and he barely used his jab. All in all a disaster of epic proportions, some sense from his management and promoter would have prevented his defeat, no disrespect to Truax because he did what he needed to do but Degale shouldn't be losing to such a fighter. Some folk have been saying he's past it etc reserve your views until he is 100%, shakes of his rust and is active in the ring. He needs to be careful with regards to his next move, if he leaves Frank I won't blame him; his trainer could also be doing a round with the firing squad. There was no rematch clause either. Its all been a big shambles really so gutted and he needs to be accountable for his actions as well. To the idiots berating him, they forget he fought the best during the last 3 years and defended his title with honour unlike other fighters who face bums and claim supremacy or ones who have life / death just to win a world title belt.

Shakur Stevenson what a talent goodness me, this kid is going far. 4-0, gets the stoppage win tonight and looked fantastic; his style is similar to post-2005 Floyd and Andre Ward. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders for a young kid and the right attitude, Ward is on his management team as well which is good move.

What a disappointment that fight was. It was heartbreaking watch Rigo get dismantled and clinching for dear life cos he couldn't do anything. This was the first time I genuinely couldn't support anyone because they're both top and likeable fighters for different reasons. Watching Rigo in his biggest fight get dominated was upsetting. And him chickening out made me feel even more sorry for him.

He was never gonna win a fight against arguably the best boxer in the world who's: entering his prime, has youth, has just as much skill (if not more), dwarfs him in both weight and size, and is naturally 2 weight classes above. This fight was never gonna be won by him but that went a lot worse than expected. Gotta give it to Loma tho completely outclassed him in every department and was unstoppable with his angles, footwork and handspeed.
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] wyu reckon expert g?

What a disappointment that fight was. It was heartbreaking watch Rigo get dismantled and clinching for dear life cos he couldn't do anything. This was the first time I genuinely couldn't support anyone because they're both top and likeable fighters for different reasons. Watching Rigo in his biggest fight get dominated was upsetting. And him chickening out made me feel even more sorry for him.

He was never gonna win a fight against arguably the best boxer in the world who's: entering his prime, has youth, has just as much skill (if not more), dwarfs him in both weight and size, and is naturally 2 weight classes above. This fight was never gonna be won by him but that went a lot worse than expected. Gotta give it to Loma tho completely outclassed him in every department and was unstoppable with his angles, footwork and handspeed.
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] wyu reckon expert g?

Good performance from Loma, he did what he had to do. It's a strange fight because given how skilful both were, judges would score in his favour for work rate and pressure rather then damage because he wasn't hurting Rigo or thoroughly outclassing him due to his amazing defence, Rigo on the other hand wasn't active enough due to Loma's physical attributes and also due to his evasiveness which was neutralised to an extent.

I still don't classify Loma as a top P4P fighter until he wins a lineal title, he had beaten faded guys Garcia dealt with years ago, decent world level opposition but still not enough for me to go nuts over those wins. Individually no doubt he's one hell of a talent, hard to bet against him against anyone in the world but when we rank P4P fighters their resume needs to stand out, Andre Ward is probably the only one in a long time who was rated as the best by every publication, Carl Frampton appeared in the list only after beating Sanga Cruz for the lineal title, strangely enough Garcia has only began to appear in the list now despite beating the guys Loma is destroying now.

Having said that he has youth like you say and exceptional skill, his defence is underated as well so no doubt he may well cement his status among the best, most complete fighter I've seen since Roy Jones jr. Would like to see him against the likes of Linares and Mikey Garcia. Moving on to Rigo just gutted mate, what a bad night, Farmer gets screwed, Degale falls and Rigo quits. I find it hard to accept, maybe he bet on himself (was underpaid in this fight as well) or something dubious occured, he's a cuban Olympic champion it's just so uncharacteristic, assuming the hand injury was legit even then it's no excuse not to continue fighting, you owe it to the fans;

I feel sorry for how he has been under the radar, shafted during his prime and tough poverty he had to deal with due to defection or how so many guys kept ducking him preventing those pay days but not this, maybe he was getting everyone back for the stuff in the past it just doesn't make sense to me because it's not like he was being savagely beaten or outclassed, Loma was ahead but there was still an oppourtunity for him to finish honourably and we can never count a man of his skill out despite hoe handicapped he was, in the end maybe it wasn't the hand that was broken, Loma broke his heart.

Last edited:
Good performance from Loma, he did what he had to do. It's a strange fight because given how skilful both were, judges would score in his favour for work rate and pressure rather then damage because he wasn't hurting Rigo or thoroughly outclassing him due to his amazing defence, Rigo on the other hand wasn't active enough due to Loma's physical attributes and also due to his evasiveness which was neutralised to an extent.

I still don't classify Loma as a top P4P fighter until he wins a lineal title, he had beaten faded guys Garcia dealt with years ago, decent world level opposition but still not enough for me to go nuts over those wins. Individually no doubt he's one hell of a talent, hard to bet against him against anyone in the world but when we rank P4P fighters their resume needs to stand out, Andre Ward is probably the only one in a long time who was rated as the best by every publication, Carl Frampton appeared in the list only after beating Sanga Cruz for the lineal title, strangely enough Garcia has only began to appear in the list now despite beating the guys Loma is destroying now.

Having said that he has youth like you say and exceptional skill, his defence is underated as well so no doubt he may well cement his status among the best, most complete fighter I've seen since Roy Jones jr. Would like to see him against the likes of Linares and Mikey Garcia. Moving on to Rigo just gutted mate, what a bad night, Farmer gets screwed, Degale falls and Rigo quits. I find it hard to accept, maybe he bet on himself (was underpaid in this fight as well) or something dubious occured, he's a cuban Olympic champion it's just so uncharacteristic, assuming the hand injury was legit even then it's no excuse not to continue fighting, you owe it to the fans;

I feel sorry for how he has been under the radar, shafted during his prime and tough poverty he had to deal with due to defection or how so many guys kept ducking him preventing those pay days but not this, maybe he was getting everyone back for the stuff in the past it just doesn't make sense to me because it's not like he was being savagely beaten or outclassed, Loma was ahead but there was still an oppourtunity for him to finish honourably and we can never count a man of his skill out despite hoe handicapped he was, in the end maybe it wasn't the hand that was broken, Loma broke his heart.
It's bizarre, Rigos performance. However I still feel it happened purely because Loma is just that good because Rigo defense was holding up, he was dodging a lot. You could clearly see Loma had a game plan and cracked through Rigos defense which is why he began to completely dismantle him. Lomas stopped his last 4 fights due to the opposition throwing in the towel...that's insane. I rate towel throwing in higher than KOs because he mentally destroys his opposition by breaking them down bit by bit until they themselves realise they can't beat him and don't want to get further embarrassed.

I can understand why you won't rate him as a top P4Per due to his small record but his opposition all have great/good records and are by no means journeymen. That said, it's still not enough because longevity is needed regardless. I'd definitely rate him in top 10 and personally I think he's in top 3 fighers of the world.

What a disgrace was that. I am still fuming. This is why boxing is never going to recover. Breaks your heart every time. Am so ******.

It's bizarre, Rigos performance. However I still feel it happened purely because Loma is just that good because Rigo defense was holding up, he was dodging a lot. You could clearly see Loma had a game plan and cracked through Rigos defense which is why he began to completely dismantle him. Lomas stopped his last 4 fights due to the opposition throwing in the towel...that's insane. I rate towel throwing in higher than KOs because he mentally destroys his opposition by breaking them down bit by bit until they themselves realise they can't beat him and don't want to get further embarrassed.

I can understand why you won't rate him as a top P4Per due to his small record but his opposition all have great/good records and are by no means journeymen. That said, it's still not enough because longevity is needed regardless. I'd definitely rate him in top 10 and personally I think he's in top 3 fighers of the world.

He wasn't doing much damage but he broke Rigo's spirit regardless, for example in previous fights Loma landed 46% of his power shots, in this fight just 16%, in contrast Rigo wasn't able to land as much either and it was a stale mate in terms of the styles clash due to the skill levels in the ring.

Yeah those RTD's deserve a lot of credit, I don't have an issue with small records because they can be subjective; he had a glittering amateur career and on its backdrop he could fastrack to the world level so we can judge him based on the quality of his wins, like look at Kell Brook's record he has fought more then 30 times but mostly bums lol even after his 'apprentiship phase' you know the part in your career where you're learning the trade first 10-17 figths or so, in contrast Loma's apprentiship was established in the amateur's and same for Rigo, both had immediate success at the pro level. And I never said those guys were journeyman, good top 10 world level but not top 3, for me you need a quality win or two alongside those world level wins to get in a P4P list, winning the lineal title is a great metric because in order to do so you need to beat THE guy if that makes sense? If a lineal title is vacant then it can be won when no.1 and no.2 fight in an objective ranking system. Loma many have made an exception due to the manner of his victories as you point out, he has looked outstanding I just want to say that when he faces Linares or Garcia, then am like man this guy has reinforced how good he is. GGG was running through everyone, I wasn't quick to join the hype train then he was made to look like a mortal by Jacobs, felt he lost that won and Canelo/GGG has split fan/expert but neither in the end was able to win the fight emphatically. The no.1 P4P spot for me is up for grabs right now, no one has an undisputed claim to it.

What a disgrace was that. I am still fuming. This is why boxing is never going to recover. Breaks your heart every time. Am so ******.

I paid £12 want a refund dammit! :)) to be fair I still got Degale's war which was great, Lee Selby, some fantastic prospects and next 10 days or so BJS / David which is a great fight but if am honest I got Boxnation for this month mainly for Rigo / Loma.

Rigo was criticising Amir Khan that oh he went up 2 weights I get that but am not going to end up like him, well you're right mate! Amir Khan wouldn't quit like you and he never has Rigo. It's the most shocking behaviour I've seen from an elite fighter, arguably since Duran this has to be the most shocking no mass in history and most cowardly and I feel so pathetic saying that to a guy of Rigo's calibre. Am ashamed. This is why casuals run to Conor / Floyd, yep I said it.

[MENTION=136302]Haz95[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] The black dude shady slim is one of the most hilarious Boxing youtuber's lmao a lot of what he says generally is true.

Got to respect Truax though, dissapointed he beat my favourite but he out boxed him and was the better man on the night; he graduated with a sociology degree and only entered boxing to pay off his student loan and yesterday he achieved that. There are a lot of people who are cynical and nasty about boxing but shut up and watch this beautiful gif:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A fairytale result for Truax!<br><br>Just look what it means to him &#55357;&#56399; <a href="https://t.co/vKvJSOYe2M">pic.twitter.com/vKvJSOYe2M</a></p>— Boxing on BT Sport &#55358;&#56650; (@BTSportBoxing) <a href="https://twitter.com/BTSportBoxing/status/939632663035510786?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">9 December 2017</a></blockquote>

Manny had a shoulder injury but he continued to fight Floyd, Stephen Smith wanted to continue last night despite losing his ear!

[MENTION=491]IMMY69[/MENTION] and [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] all the others, Have you had a look at Lomachenko and do you think he can surpass or emulate Roy Jones Jr

[MENTION=136302]Haz95[/MENTION] Going through Loma's resume his best win has to be over Rigo in my opinion what do you think?

These are the only other options:

Gary Russell, great fighter with a excellent amateur pedigree; went the distance and became champ after his defeat to Loma

Roman Martinez, great win; but at this point Martinez was past his peak but had a great win over Salido although many feel he lost the rematch and I believe he did; Salido work rate was superior, did more damage and landed significantly higher volume of punches

Walters, he was undefeated and packed a punch however was moving up a weight class and was dealt with by the stronger, bigger and more skill full opponent

Out of all these guys since becoming champion, only 1 of his opponents was a junior lightweight and that was Martinez who he defeated to become champion and when he was the featherweight champ his belt was defended against journeyman. So what I take from this is he tends to fancy facing the smaller men although to be fair to them they were world class, Rigo even though he came up from 2 divisions below him should be rated as his best work given his skill and being another guy who was ranked in the P4P top 10. Loma's defences could have been better though facing top 10 guys at his world championship weight, Bob should match him with the likes of Berchelt, Alberto and Gervonta before moving up to take on Garcia and Linares.

Last edited:
I have massive respect for Loma, in response to questions from journalists who ask if Loma should be deemed fighter of the year or P4P no.1 this was his response "No, these guys are not my weight, not my size, none of these wins were big" I respect that, he acknowledges that a lot more needs to be done in order to be worthy of an elite status because it has to be earned as spectacular as he is. Bob Arum has protected him, which is understandable but I'd be confident to throw some stiffer tests at him

Further comments from the above interview, on a question with regards to moving up to 135 and how his promoter Bob Arum said he would toy with Linares/Garcia: "No! Bob can say what he wants, maybe I will feel against them what Rigo felt against me tonight, those guys are very big" :)) Very humble fella, he has a point; those are stiffer tests and wins over both would surely advocate his case among the P4P best.

Assuming Rigo was telling the truth, do you guys remember when Lomachenko broke his hand in his fight against Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo ? I think it was in the 6th round and he basically won every round between 7-12 with one hand.... [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION]

[MENTION=491]IMMY69[/MENTION] and [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] all the others, Have you had a look at Lomachenko and do you think he can surpass or emulate Roy Jones Jr

Will have to see in the future. As of now no because Roy jones jr. was a different kind of animal and very consistent one at that. The dude cleaned multiple divisions like a piece of cake.

But i wish loma all the best and he is the star of the future. I just want him to fight more tougher challengers and improve as he goes.

Assuming Rigo was telling the truth, do you guys remember when Lomachenko broke his hand in his fight against Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo ? I think it was in the 6th round and he basically won every round between 7-12 with one hand.... [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION]

Yeah i remember that fight. Look the reason i was angry was not that a fighter had quit. Even tough guys have quit on the stool who had various issues like shoulder, bicep or eye problems.

I was ****** cause it was Rigo. The guy who everybody avoided and was not given his fair share of fights. The man who was misunderstood and he had to go two weight classes to fight loma. He put everything on the line and then just quit on the stool. I mean i cannot comprehend all of this. This had lots of shades of No mas.

Even to this day if anybody asks why Duran quit no mas fight, hands of stone will come up with a different excuse everytime as to why he quit. Rigo will have to live with this stigma now. It is so sad really and is not good for rigo. The dude had hard time promoting his fights and after this, he has made it even hard. How will he bounce back from this and how will his promoters sell his next fights is a big question mark?

I paid £12 want a refund dammit! :)) to be fair I still got Degale's war which was great, Lee Selby, some fantastic prospects and next 10 days or so BJS / David which is a great fight but if am honest I got Boxnation for this month mainly for Rigo / Loma.

Rigo was criticising Amir Khan that oh he went up 2 weights I get that but am not going to end up like him, well you're right mate! Amir Khan wouldn't quit like you and he never has Rigo. It's the most shocking behaviour I've seen from an elite fighter, arguably since Duran this has to be the most shocking no mass in history and most cowardly and I feel so pathetic saying that to a guy of Rigo's calibre. Am ashamed. This is why casuals run to Conor / Floyd, yep I said it.

Not a big khan fan, but what khan criticizers don't see is that khan might sometimes fall short on skill and discipline but never has the man been short on grit & heart. The dude lays everything on the line once he steps in, no matter he wins it or loses it.

Finally got round to watching the fight...

Really disappointed in Rigo for quitting...but Loma is doing this BHop thing of taking fighters souls...I honestly don't remember Rigo landing a punch of significance...it wasn't the weight...Loma is just that good...

With Floyd and Ward gone Loma is definitely P4P#1 now...

Yeah i remember that fight. Look the reason i was angry was not that a fighter had quit. Even tough guys have quit on the stool who had various issues like shoulder, bicep or eye problems.

I was ****** cause it was Rigo. The guy who everybody avoided and was not given his fair share of fights. The man who was misunderstood and he had to go two weight classes to fight loma. He put everything on the line and then just quit on the stool. I mean i cannot comprehend all of this. This had lots of shades of No mas.

Even to this day if anybody asks why Duran quit no mas fight, hands of stone will come up with a different excuse everytime as to why he quit. Rigo will have to live with this stigma now. It is so sad really and is not good for rigo. The dude had hard time promoting his fights and after this, he has made it even hard. How will he bounce back from this and how will his promoters sell his next fights is a big question mark?

He's 37...he got 350k...he's done...remember this guy has dominated all his opponents for 14 years...and he couldn't land a shot...reminded me of how lost Walters looked...you could see the heart just disappearing...

Rigo's career is over...

Further comments from the above interview, on a question with regards to moving up to 135 and how his promoter Bob Arum said he would toy with Linares/Garcia: "No! Bob can say what he wants, maybe I will feel against them what Rigo felt against me tonight, those guys are very big" :)) Very humble fella, he has a point; those are stiffer tests and wins over both would surely advocate his case among the P4P best.

Linares would get destroyed by Loma...Garcia is a much sterner test...I can see that move to 140 happening at some point...i could see Loma V Crawford happening at some point...both are being built into stars right now...

Linares would get destroyed by Loma...Garcia is a much sterner test...I can see that move to 140 happening at some point...i could see Loma V Crawford happening at some point...both are being built into stars right now...

Destroyed is far fetched, you need to respect a lineal champion with a very high in-ring IQ plus he'd be the bigger man. But I agree with you that Garcia is the bigger test stylistically, I was really excited for that Crawford fight at one point; unfortunately it may not happen for a while now because he has moved up to 147 and we can't really predict how Loma's body is going to behave.

Will have to see in the future. As of now no because Roy jones jr. was a different kind of animal and very consistent one at that. The dude cleaned multiple divisions like a piece of cake.

But i wish loma all the best and he is the star of the future. I just want him to fight more tougher challengers and improve as he goes.

Same here, I don't think anyone would have predicted that fight would end the way it did. A guy as great as him, its hard to accept but his heart was broken. In the end if he wants to continue fighting on, am sure things will work out for him and he"ll make more money then he did prior to the Loma fight due to the mainstream exposure on ESPN in America which was on FTA; and even though his fight ended the way it did, any publicity is good publicity as far as a fighter is concerned. But he may choose to retire, he's an old man now and this could have been his final cash out fight.

True, Roy Jones comparisons are a little far fetched and I agree that we've been carried away to an extent. Loma is making guy's quit yes but like I said, his defences have been against guys at weight divisions below him and he is yet to claim a lineal title plus there is no signature win; I wouldn't put him in my top 5 P4P. Floyd Mayweather during his phase when he relied mostly on aggression, reflex's, speed, power and movement (funny how that version of Floyd was a promoters dream and a talent superior to Loma yet Bob Arum kept on shafting him who now promotes Loma, he learnt his lessons I suppose) anyhow that same Floyd destroyed a top P4P at the time in Diego Corrales and then he retired one of the toughest fighters in history Arturo Gatti in round 6 before beating Castillo, and this was long before he had altered his style to out class Cotto, DLH, Moseley, Maidana, Marquez, Canelo and Manny; so that CV in the moment warranted a top 5 spot in the P4P list plus he was winning lineal and Ring championships.

Finally got round to watching the fight...

Really disappointed in Rigo for quitting...but Loma is doing this BHop thing of taking fighters souls...I honestly don't remember Rigo landing a punch of significance...it wasn't the weight...Loma is just that good...

With Floyd and Ward gone Loma is definitely P4P#1 now...

Not surprised lol you've never valued a fighters resume or signature wins. But objectively he should be in the list between 6-10.

My top 10.

1. Terence Crawford
2. Mikey Garcia
3. GGG
4. Canelo
5. Keith Thurman
6. Jorge Linares
7. Leo Santacruz
8. Sor Rungvisai
9. Lomachenko
10. Rigo

I can't see how anyone can make a case for Loma to be ranked above any of the fighters above him in my list, he is being rated more for the manner of his emphatic performances rather then claiming lineal/Ring titles or beating the best in his division at JLW or FW as it stands, but in his own words he accepts that he doesn't have any big wins. He may well cement his status as a top P4P fighter but to put him up there when it hasn't been earned is premature and not fair on fighters who have achieved more.

Destroyed is far fetched, you need to respect a lineal champion with a very high in-ring IQ plus he'd be the bigger man. But I agree with you that Garcia is the bigger test stylistically, I was really excited for that Crawford fight at one point; unfortunately it may not happen for a while now because he has moved up to 147 and we can't really predict how Loma's body is going to behave.

Linares is very overrated...passes the eye test but honestly who has he beaten? Crolla and Mitchell? Not even remotely in Loma's league...and these fights have been competitive...

Garcia barely even struggles...it's why i'd love to see that fight...anyway Jezreel Corrales and Flanagan are favourites for his next fight...

Linares is very overrated...passes the eye test but honestly who has he beaten? Crolla and Mitchell? Not even remotely in Loma's league...and these fights have been competitive...

Garcia barely even struggles...it's why i'd love to see that fight...anyway Jezreel Corrales and Flanagan are favourites for his next fight...

Over rated my backside, you can belittle those fighters but Crolla was ranked in the top 2 of every publication at lightweight after beating Perez and Barroso and Linares claimed the Ring title after beating him, he also beat the talented Luke Campbell in a close fight and Mitchell is a really tough cookie, he has been unbeaten since 2012. It's not about these guys being Loma's league but how many of them are inferior to the opposition which Loma has fought in terms of their standing at their respective weight, we judge fighters based on their dominance within their world championship weight.

no.1 - no.2 can be swapped in my list but they are a fix in that list, although no one really is the undisputed P4P no.1 just yet. no.3-no.4 can also be swapped but they are a fix in that list. 5-8 are also a fix although the positions can change and a case can be made for Naoya Inoue and Diago Higa to potentially enter somewhere between those positions. And no.9-no.10 are a fix, can't swap them or move them up or down.

Forgot about Kovalev, could probably stick him between 5-8. Ward was probably the last fighter in a long long time since Floyd to be the undisputed no.1, Loma has the potential to be the next P4P king

Over rated my backside, you can belittle those fighters but Crolla was ranked in the top 2 of every publication at lightweight after beating Perez and Barroso and Linares claimed the Ring title after beating him, he also beat the talented Luke Campbell in a close fight and Mitchell is a really tough cookie, he has been unbeaten since 2012. It's not about these guys being Loma's league but how many of them are inferior to the opposition which Loma has fought in terms of their standing at their respective weight, we judge fighters based on their dominance within their world championship weight.

We can agree to disagree....they are just weak divisions...i mean DeMarco beat Linares albeit on cuts, the Salgado loss etc...i'm not suggesting Linares has avoided tough opposition but it's just the best guys in his division aren't world class fighters...

Loma has just destroyed Rigo...while Linares has had close fights with the likes of Kevin Mitchell...you mention Mitchells 3 year streak...who did he beat after he got knocked out by Ricky Burns of all people...

Crolla is Linares's best win...you honestly gonna compare that to Rigo, Russell and Walters...

We can agree to disagree....they are just weak divisions...i mean DeMarco beat Linares albeit on cuts, the Salgado loss etc...i'm not suggesting Linares has avoided tough opposition but it's just the best guys in his division aren't world class fighters...

Loma has just destroyed Rigo...while Linares has had close fights with the likes of Kevin Mitchell...you mention Mitchells 3 year streak...who did he beat after he got knocked out by Ricky Burns of all people...

Crolla is Linares's best win...you honestly gonna compare that to Rigo, Russell and Walters...

That's subjective because outside Garcia he has fought the best possible names at LW although there are some new names on the scene in recent times, those two are likely to get it on soon hopefully great fight.

Rigo was from 2 divisions below him, Walters was from 1 division below him. So yes, Linares win over Crolla was better with respect to his weight division, I don't think it's a good metric to compare the fighters across weight divisions as if they are going to face off against each other when it's not going to happen but we can look at their standing in their respective weight classes. Also, in that moment Mitchell had put a string of wins together, yes it wasn't over anyone fancy but if you watched the fight against Linares he was game and also rated amongst the top 10 at LW. Division hasn't been that strong but anything can happen in the ring and to be on top consistently for a long time beating the best possible guys should be respected, that's why Wladmir will be in the hall of fame one day. Linares hasn't dominated now for a decade but how many guys will we say are up there with him at 135? he's one of the best at that weight and has a decent CV to show it while Loma has a knack for facing fighters outside his division, imagine it was Floyd, he'd get destroyed for it. The Campbell win will look better in time, just like the Russel one for Loma.

Russel was a great win to claim the featherweight title but he wasn't even ranked in the top 10 at that point, he makes the win look excellent after he stopped Johnny Gonzales a year later. But I give you that, it's comparable to the Crolla victory now; personally am not someone who's going to do a bhangra over Crolla the fighter but at LW he has been a top 5 fighter and the win over Barrosa was excellent when many expected him to get stopped. But after beating Russel, Loma made two defences against Chonlatarn and Rodriguez; I would have liked to see him take on Leo Santa Cruz or Lee Selby instead.

Last edited:
[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] Loma's greatest championship win was against Roman Martinez would you agree? that's when everyone starting going even more nuts for him and Salido is often bought up when looking at his resume, you have this bloke as your no.1 when Garcia beat Martinez in his prime and also dealt with Saldio a year earlier then Loma. Now I know you probably refute that by saying that Loma will beat Garcia, which is a fair argument to an extent but the fight has not happened yet nor does Loma have that win in his column

[MENTION=136302]Haz95[/MENTION] Going through Loma's resume his best win has to be over Rigo in my opinion what do you think?

These are the only other options:

Gary Russell, great fighter with a excellent amateur pedigree; went the distance and became champ after his defeat to Loma

Roman Martinez, great win; but at this point Martinez was past his peak but had a great win over Salido although many feel he lost the rematch and I believe he did; Salido work rate was superior, did more damage and landed significantly higher volume of punches

Walters, he was undefeated and packed a punch however was moving up a weight class and was dealt with by the stronger, bigger and more skill full opponent

Out of all these guys since becoming champion, only 1 of his opponents was a junior lightweight and that was Martinez who he defeated to become champion and when he was the featherweight champ his belt was defended against journeyman. So what I take from this is he tends to fancy facing the smaller men although to be fair to them they were world class, Rigo even though he came up from 2 divisions below him should be rated as his best work given his skill and being another guy who was ranked in the P4P top 10. Loma's defences could have been better though facing top 10 guys at his world championship weight, Bob should match him with the likes of Berchelt, Alberto and Gervonta before moving up to take on Garcia and Linares.
Marriaga was a pretty good opponent too. With regards to his resume, he does indeed have the greatest resume for a <12 fight boxer...he just needed a P4Per on his list and has one now. I'm too confused as to how to rate this recent performance...a good one by Loma or a catastrophic failure from Rigo? I guess it's a bit of both but I'm more inclined towards Loma just embarassing him. Rigo had too much to prove and if he truly wanted to be the best and fight the best, he'd have continued the fight with his so called injured hand but he didn't- I believe he knew he had no chance and just threw in the towel. A chicken move nonetheless and really puts a ? on Rigos credentials now.

I think if he can beat Mikey Garcia, Davis and Linares he can cement his place as an hall of famer while he currently is a World Class P4Per who imo is within a shout to be named the best in the world. If he can move to 140lbs and dominate, he may even be the greatest boxer ever. He has the talent to be a HOF for sure, it's if he truly wants it now and if his chin can hold in higher weights. I'd probably take your opinion with more value than mine becoz am somewhere inbetween a serious fan and a casual lmao.

Marriaga was a pretty good opponent too. With regards to his resume, he does indeed have the greatest resume for a <12 fight boxer...he just needed a P4Per on his list and has one now. I'm too confused as to how to rate this recent performance...a good one by Loma or a catastrophic failure from Rigo? I guess it's a bit of both but I'm more inclined towards Loma just embarassing him. Rigo had too much to prove and if he truly wanted to be the best and fight the best, he'd have continued the fight with his so called injured hand but he didn't- I believe he knew he had no chance and just threw in the towel. A chicken move nonetheless and really puts a ? on Rigos credentials now.

I think if he can beat Mikey Garcia, Davis and Linares he can cement his place as an hall of famer while he currently is a World Class P4Per who imo is within a shout to be named the best in the world. If he can move to 140lbs and dominate, he may even be the greatest boxer ever. He has the talent to be a HOF for sure, it's if he truly wants it now and if his chin can hold in higher weights. I'd probably take your opinion with more value than mine becoz am somewhere inbetween a serious fan and a casual lmao.

Hall of fame status is never easy but I usually consider it towards the end of a fighters career, Loma may well get there but got a while to go but if he were to beat Garcia would defo have him as my no.1 in the P4P list. Regardless of our opinions, in the end he's bringing a lot of attention to boxing and more people are tuning in which is a huge boost, and even you usually post sporadically but looks like Loma has bought back your excitement for boxing , that's another quality we often over look; action packed fighters. Don't know what to say about Rigo just heartbroken :( BJS / David next week, great rebound fight on boxnation after the debacle on the weekend, hopefully I get my money's worth lol

Last edited:
[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] Loma's greatest championship win was against Roman Martinez would you agree? that's when everyone starting going even more nuts for him and Salido is often bought up when looking at his resume, you have this bloke as your no.1 when Garcia beat Martinez in his prime and also dealt with Saldio a year earlier then Loma. Now I know you probably refute that by saying that Loma will beat Garcia, which is a fair argument to an extent but the fight has not happened yet nor does Loma have that win in his column

No I rate his Walters and Russell win a lot higher than Martinez...but more so than that he just beat Rigo and outclassed him...

The Salido fight isn't comparable...this was Loma's second fight...

Garcia passes the eye test...but none of his wins are better than Walters, Russell or Rigo...Linares would be his biggest win if he takes the fight...

Hall of fame status is never easy but I usually consider it towards the end of a fighters career, Loma may well get there but got a while to go but if he were to beat Garcia would defo have him as my no.1 in the P4P list. Regardless of our opinions, in the end he's bringing a lot of attention to boxing and more people are tuning in which is a huge boost, and even you usually post sporadically but looks like Loma has bought back your excitement for boxing , that's another quality we often over look; action packed fighters. Don't know what to say about Rigo just heartbroken :( BJS / David next week, great rebound fight on boxnation after the debacle on the weekend, hopefully I get my money's worth lol
BJS/David I thought was gonna be a horrible one sided pasting from David. However recently I've come to terms that as a pure boxer, BJS has tremendous skill and if he can go the distance, he will definitely win on points. Boxers usually beat brawlers.

Davids best strength is his ridiculous punching power and size for a middleweight, it's also his greatest weakness as pure boxers like BJS love fighting on the backfoot and countering brawlers. I think visually it's gonna be a top fight and can see a case for both winning. Gonna support my countryman BJS even tho I really like Lemeiux...

No I rate his Walters and Russell win a lot higher than Martinez...but more so than that he just beat Rigo and outclassed him...

The Salido fight isn't comparable...this was Loma's second fight...

Garcia passes the eye test...but none of his wins are better than Walters, Russell or Rigo...Linares would be his biggest win if he takes the fight...

Walters was from a division below so hard tp bring him up constantly, if they fought at FW I'd rate it as much as you. And like I said, Rigo is arguably his best win but he was from 2 divisions below him, Loma also said himself it's not a big win because he is not from my weight division.

If not Salido then we can compare Martinez as the common opponent and Garcia destroyed him during his prime and his victories should be ranked higher based on dominance within his weight class.

Yes I agree there Linares would be. Thoughts on Loma v Manny at 140lb ? And can Loma move up to 147lb ? At some point, hard to say imo

Last edited:
BJS/David I thought was gonna be a horrible one sided pasting from David. However recently I've come to terms that as a pure boxer, BJS has tremendous skill and if he can go the distance, he will definitely win on points. Boxers usually beat brawlers.

Davids best strength is his ridiculous punching power and size for a middleweight, it's also his greatest weakness as pure boxers like BJS love fighting on the backfoot and countering brawlers. I think visually it's gonna be a top fight and can see a case for both winning. Gonna support my countryman BJS even tho I really like Lemeiux...

I like both fighters to, and David is a warrior always fights the best, puts on a good show for the fans. It's a 50/50 classic boxing match up between the puncher and brawler, BJS does have some questions to answer and if he can't beat him them he don't belong amongst the elite's because David is a world class middleweight and probably the 4th/5th best at 160. Am backing BJS to pull it off as I tend to back the boxer in these situations but we"ll see

Degale should stop being a free agent and sign a deal with matchroom, the short-term deal with Frank was never going to work out and the fact that there was no rematch clause in the contract for Truax fight goes to show how much of a damn Frank cared about Degale but at the same time he wasn't a fighter from his stable.....still it was the move of an amateur, shocking given how experienced Frank is; he had some legal disputes with Degale 3 years ago we never really know the true colours of these guys. First thing to question is Degale's desire beyond the context of the factors which led to his defeat such as returning too early from surgery and being matched with an opponent you don't want to be in the ring with after a long period of inactivity, Turax wasn't exactly a tune up and packed a punch.

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] watch from 23.30 :))) your boy is back , we're finally going to get that Carson Jones trilogy ;)

Tune into Boxnation on Sky channl 437, Jeff Horn vs Gary Corcoran for the WBO welterweight world title will be on Free to Air. Not a big fight but still decent for FTA especially. It will start roughly around 11.45am

Some interesting news I was reading this morning, apparently there WAS a rematch clause in Degale's fight against Truax according to his adviser Al Haymon

Degale, had pretty much scrapped by in his last few fights and his constant lazyness during fights was always going to get exposed at somepoint. Now he has to rebuild his career and any big fights he was due will be a long way off his radar now. The desire and hard work at times has always been lacking in Degales make up as a boxer.

Some bad news guys, Mikey Garcia fought his last fight against Broner at 140 but I wasn't sure if he would remain there. It could be permanent because he is scheduled to fight for the IBF 140lb title early next year. One would hope he returns to 135 after he wins the 140lb title and becomes a 4 weight world champion but am not sure now....Linares is still available for Loma in the future which is great though.

Degale, had pretty much scrapped by in his last few fights and his constant lazyness during fights was always going to get exposed at somepoint. Now he has to rebuild his career and any big fights he was due will be a long way off his radar now. The desire and hard work at times has always been lacking in Degales make up as a boxer.

That's harsh, Degale showed his desire and toughness in his fight against Jack (a fight he should have won but got a draw) and in defeat to Truax if you watched the fight. Saying the hard work is not there in small parts could be fair but on the whole it's not true, he's a throwback fighter who has gone on the road to win a world title against the best at his weight, we've only seen worthy contenders emerge now in the likes of Groves, Eubank, Smith and Ramirez @ 100% he destroys them all.

Regarding the Truax defeat, he came back too early, he barely through a Jab in the fight which goes to show the shoulder has not healed properly and he has been inactive for a long time. His career overall has been wonderful, being the first brit in history to convert his gold medal to a world title and establish a great away record; always gets the short end of the stick from fans though, haters. And @ all the SMW's talking rubbish, their careers don't compare to Degale yes am talking to you Groves/Eubank.

Degale needs to take some time out and come back against inferior opposition before challenging for the world belt again, also needs to rehab properly first.

Povetkin v Hammer is on tonight, for those in the UK the programme will begin on sky sports action from 6.30pm

Povetkin looked good in a boring fight against a negative opponent, everything was there for him.....maybe not the power or was Hammer's chin that good? Or perhaps a case of not relying on PEDs this time [MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION]

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] thanks for the regular updates and comments on here. Due to work I haven't managed to watch much boxing, only get time to at work to read and post, so much appreciated.

I will be watching Saunders vs Lemieux , really looking forward to this later on BTSport. Any predictions or pre fight comments?

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] thanks for the regular updates and comments on here. Due to work I haven't managed to watch much boxing, only get time to at work to read and post, so much appreciated.

I will be watching Saunders vs Lemieux , really looking forward to this later on BTSport. Any predictions or pre fight comments?

I put 50 quid on BJS :akhtar , had faith he would pull it off. If you get time make sure you watch the fight because it was an absolute boxing master class! you know when you smash a ball for a big chukka and you say to yourself, you know what? I deserve 12 for that, not 6. This was the same case because I would score this fight not 120-108 in favour of BJS, I would score it 240-108. David never landed more then 4 or 5 meaningful punches and am not exaggerating mate.

People laughed at me when I said BJS has the potential to dethrone Canelo or GGG, now am convinced he can. Daniel Jacobs is the only fighter for me who poses a significant threat.

[MENTION=136302]Haz95[/MENTION] I told you bro :afridi remember you being sceptical about BJS winning, I accepted that he had to prove it against a top 4 160 pounder; has he won your respect ? I was always confident he'd pull of the points victory, it's just the sweet science but at the same time I'd be lying if I wasn't concerned about David's power.

These gypsy boys can fight and have very high in-ring IQ's. We also forget BJS is a former Olympian with a pretty excellent amateur career, it's one of the reasons why his footwork is so good. His power gets criticised at times but here's the thing, he can hit hard when he wants to but why take the risk by leaving yourself open when you're a speed fighter? guys like Fury and BJS use their movement , speed and technical prowess to outbox opponents but when they sit on their punches they can seriously hurt you as we saw in round 7th, David got busted up really bad. His corner should have been more merciful and pulled him out by the 9th.

Really enjoyed the fight, feel like I got my money's worth from Boxnation especially after the anti-climatic ending of Rigo/Loma. Also Haz and [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] make sure you check out round 5 of the fight, at one point David missed with a big swing and BJS just stood and did a gesture to look in the crowd to see where the bomb landed :)))

Massive props for BJS on a boxing masterclass and I will always respect David he's a world class fighter who is never afraid of facing the best , gives his all and sends the crowd home happy; on this occasion however he just ran into a guy that was a level above him.

Last edited:
BJS was also the away fighter in Canada, he went there knowing if he didn't dominate emphatically the judges there were never going to give him the decision in a fight where he won 7 or 8 rounds. To perform the way he did in a hostile territory under pressure was outstanding, has to be the best away performance I've seen since Fury dethroned Wladmir in Germany

You know what I lost my respect for David, just listening to his post fight interview! talk about sour grapes! you were chasing shadows all night made and were emphatically DESTROYED by the better fighter. His excuses are shocking to say the least and extremely disrespectful. I urge everyone to watch this fight to see how compubox is not the be and end all, no one can tell me David landed 67 punches! If am being extremely kind then I would say about 15, having watched the fight he didn't land more then 5 meaningful blows and that includes blows that were not power punches, he did not trouble BJS at all he did get in some nice right hands towards the second have but BJS took them so well.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=136302]Haz95[/MENTION] Here's that 5th round moment:

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Billy Joe Saunders &#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56904;<br><br>The Champ dodges a big right hand then looks out into the crowd to see where it landed!<br><br>They are not impressed!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SaundersLemieux?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SaundersLemieux</a> <a href="https://t.co/24uScxTx3P">pic.twitter.com/24uScxTx3P</a></p>— Boxing on BT Sport &#55358;&#56650; (@BTSportBoxing) <a href="https://twitter.com/BTSportBoxing/status/942253790165479424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 17, 2017</a></blockquote>

LOOL

I actually think there's a chance GGG will duck BJS like he did Andre Ward, Canelo is more likely to take the fight but even that is not a guarantee

BJS said he's going to get Ingle a hair transplant for Xmas :))) credit to him for getting Billy in tip top shape and bringing the desire for Boxing back because he had lost himself at one point and his career looked to be over. But never forget the gift for British Boxing that is Jimmy Tibs who had spearheaded Billy's career early on, always has been great at improving a fighter's boxing IQ and someone I'd personally want to work with as a prospect coming out the Olympics.

Still think Andy Lee was BJS's best win because he has more strings to his bow then David and Eubank.

BJS's resume overall is fantastic:

Andy Lee
Chris Eubank jr
David Lemieux
Willy Monroe jr
Spike O'Sullivan
Nick Blackwell

And after that win he is arguably the british fighter of the year for me with the other candidate being Ryan Burnett, you'd have to pick one of those two can't see a case for the others imo Hopefully Brits get behind BJS more, he's one hell of a character although loves to be the pantomine villain at times because of attitudes towards Gypsies he feels he can only be someone they love to hate lol but he's a top bloke and a special talent

Back