Boxing Thread

Its a shame Rigo has had to go up 2 full weight classes to fight Loma and they couldnt fight some where in the middle. Yes Rigo has said he wont use weight as an excuse but could have a bearing on the fight. It should be a good one though.

It's still a great fight but Lomachenko will have a huge weight advantage over Rigo. Thing is there have been whispers Lomachenko will be moving up to 135 very soon and there's a possibility it could be taxing making weight at 130; there are also bigger fights for him at 135 against the likes of Linares and Mikey Garcia in terms of a challenge and money. At 130, there's Gervonta who's not a big enough name yet to get him that big pay day bump although admittedly it's a great fight and then there's Salido who refuses to get in the ring with him.

Rigo also is the most avoided boxer in the world at the moment and am pretty sure that Lomachenko and Top Rank would never agree to a catch weight. Rigo had been campaigning for a while to get this fight and these days you have to make sacrifices to get others to step in the ring with you, regardless he will get a very nice well deserved career high pay day and am sure he"ll give a better account of himself compared to other fighters who have faced Loma at 135 outside Salido.

This has to be the first time I've ever seen a fight being made where the two fighters had a total of 4 Olympic Gold medals between them, unreal. These two are arguably the greatest amateur fighters in history beyond their success in their pro ranks.

Last edited:
Lomachenko vs Rigo !! December 9th, two elite top 10 P4P fighters. Although Rigo will be moving up two weight classes to make the fight happen it's still an intriguing fight and I expect big fireworks. See post #2322 on this page, highlights of Lomachenko's most recent fight he's a very special talent. both Rigo and Lomachenko had stellar amateur careers, both won 2 Olympic Gold medals. Rigo is the most avoided fighter amongst the lower weights so he's moving up for the biggest fight of his career.

Other then that next week you have Linares vs Luke Campbell (lightweight title) and Parker vs Fury for WBO Heavyweight world title; another great weekend.

I have started watching lomachenko's fights. He is sensational & very athletic counter puncher. Love his body punching

Interested to see who Khan fights next, he should look to avenge his loss against Garcia.

If there's one fight I can't wait to see it's Crawford vs Spence. What a fight that would be

Rigo's greatest win over the great Flippino champion Donaire is on youtube HD:

Great fight to watch for those who've not seen how skilled the man is

Boxing stinks [MENTION=48620]Cpt. Rishwat[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION], Parker who looked like an absolute amateur against Fury who out-boxed him over 12 rounds gets robbed on the judges scorecards. Parker has been built up by influential folk in the UK only to be fed to AJ in a unification bout inevitably so I wasn't surprised by the outcome.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Teddy Atlas on the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ParkerFury?src=hash">#ParkerFury</a> decision <a href="https://t.co/Y7pFXvt7fO">pic.twitter.com/Y7pFXvt7fO</a></p>— D (@DRWSFD) <a href="https://twitter.com/DRWSFD/status/911723981950119937">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Absolutely disgusting. Parker makes me want to puke as do casuals who support him and those corrupted judges.

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">"He's making Parker look like a novice"<a href="https://twitter.com/bigdaddybunce">@bigdaddybunce</a> & <a href="https://twitter.com/DavidPrice_1">@DavidPrice_1</a> talk up Hughie Fury as he leads 2/3rds into the fight.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ParkerFury?src=hash">#ParkerFury</a> <a href="https://t.co/OiRWldPboX">pic.twitter.com/OiRWldPboX</a></p>— BBC 5 live Sport (@5liveSport) <a href="https://twitter.com/5liveSport/status/911718129763536897">23 September 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is corruption at its highest level in Boxing, am done with this.

Boxing stinks [MENTION=48620]Cpt. Rishwat[/MENTION] [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION], Parker who looked like an absolute amateur against Fury who out-boxed him over 12 rounds gets robbed on the judges scorecards. Parker has been built up by influential folk in the UK only to be fed to AJ in a unification bout inevitably so I wasn't surprised by the outcome.

Yet to watch this but this is the type of nonsense which has turned boxing into a business and not a sport anymore. I seriously believe judges need to be scrapped now. We need to use the amatuer method of scoring shots. It's not easy as you there is always a difference in the power of the shots which have connected but I cant see any other way forward?

Yet to watch this but this is the type of nonsense which has turned boxing into a business and not a sport anymore. I seriously believe judges need to be scrapped now. We need to use the amatuer method of scoring shots. It's not easy as you there is always a difference in the power of the shots which have connected but I cant see any other way forward?

Am done being a diva :yk so I have shamelessly returned to the sport of Boxing despite that dodgy decision against Fury :mv

This kinda corruption will always remain unfortunately not much that can be done.

Anyway, Luke Campbell is a british fighter I've followed ever since he became the first Euro champion in our history during the amateurs and he showed so much potential. Few weeks ago he went overseas and almost beat Linares on points ! he showed that he belongs at the elite level and it was a very close fight which you could have scored either way, he was dropped in round 2 but got off the canvas to put on one hell of performance. It took him a while to get out of the blocks and was understandably nervous but he grew stronger as the fight progressed and found his rhythm but because he was't as active early on the judges scored the bout in favour of Linares but it was split decision. Don't think Linares will fight Luke again, he"ll know the second time round it will be an even tougher fight for him because Luke would have some elite experience behind him. The other thing was, Luke's father had passed away while he was in training camp but he kept in inside and did not want to show anyone weakness, these fighters are something else bro, similar happened with Lee Selby

Other then that fight which I enjoyed, checked out Burns/Crolla don't know why because I don't rate either fighters; fight was a dud. Eubank looked great during his QF win during the WBS series although the opposition was questionable, Groves and Cox are fighting this weekend and the winner will meet Eubank in a mouthwatering semi-final. Groves/Cox should be a great fight, both are tough as nails and it will be a typical british brawl I reckon :yk2 real fighting, none of that rolling around on the floor crap like girls in Y-Fronts :broad

Other then that I am interested in Haye v Bellew 2 and especially Lomachenko/Rigo.

Andrew Selby also became the mandatory to Higa's WBC flyweight title ! so am confused because Muhammad Waseem was meant to face Higa next year with him being the WBC Silver champion. Part of me wouldn't mind Selby getting a crack at Higa first, should Selby beat him then I rather Waseem face him lol While Selby is highly skilled, punchers like Higa can be very dangerous.

Higa/Waseem, Waseem/Selby and Selby/Higa are all great fights though.

Lamont Peterson has reportedly vacated his WBA 'regular' world title and is expected to face Spence, if that's the case I can see Amir Khan fighting someone for the vacated WBA regular strap in December. In other news, Kell Brook is still twerking for Amir Khan and the WBO have ordered Billy Joe Saunders and David Lemiux to negotiate a bout which would be very intriguing if it materialises.

Why is Carl Frampton so afraid of Lee Selby ? he has fought at the elite level and now does not have a strap, if Selby is such an easy fight for him and he has the audacity to continuously criticise Lee's resume why does he not step in the ring with him :mv I find it annoying, these two need to fight asap.

That's the latest news KingKhan I just took a peak to see what was going on have not been following the sport much :yk

Last edited:
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Thanks for the update!

I think Frampton will fight Selby, he;s probably just trying to up the interest a bit more. Frampton is a tough guy but he lacks the cutting edge imo, should be a good fight tho.

Eubank is improving really well now, although I agree the Turkish bloke was a bit of bum. A re-match with Billy Joe has to be on the cards sooner or later.

I have no idea what Amir is playing at, it's mid October so if wants to fight early December he needs to announce a big fight soon. I know Billy Joe called him out but I am not sure he should mess around with his weight again as he did against Canelo. He's at a stage in his career where he cant afford another loss just yet.

I'll have to catch up the rest and get back to you. :)

Am done being a diva :yk so I have shamelessly returned to the sport of Boxing despite that dodgy decision against Fury :mv

This kinda corruption will always remain unfortunately not much that can be done.

Anyway, Luke Campbell is a british fighter I've followed ever since he became the first Euro champion in our history during the amateurs and he showed so much potential. Few weeks ago he went overseas and almost beat Linares on points ! he showed that he belongs at the elite level and it was a very close fight which you could have scored either way, he was dropped in round 2 but got off the canvas to put on one hell of performance. It took him a while to get out of the blocks and was understandably nervous but he grew stronger as the fight progressed and found his rhythm but because he was't as active early on the judges scored the bout in favour of Linares but it was split decision. Don't think Linares will fight Luke again, he"ll know the second time round it will be an even tougher fight for him because Luke would have some elite experience behind him. The other thing was, Luke's father had passed away while he was in training camp but he kept in inside and did not want to show anyone weakness, these fighters are something else bro, similar happened with Lee Selby

Other then that fight which I enjoyed, checked out Burns/Crolla don't know why because I don't rate either fighters; fight was a dud. Eubank looked great during his QF win during the WBS series although the opposition was questionable, Groves and Cox are fighting this weekend and the winner will meet Eubank in a mouthwatering semi-final. Groves/Cox should be a great fight, both are tough as nails and it will be a typical british brawl I reckon :yk2 real fighting, none of that rolling around on the floor crap like girls in Y-Fronts :broad

Other then that I am interested in Haye v Bellew 2 and especially Lomachenko/Rigo.

Andrew Selby also became the mandatory to Higa's WBC flyweight title ! so am confused because Muhammad Waseem was meant to face Higa next year with him being the WBC Silver champion. Part of me wouldn't mind Selby getting a crack at Higa first, should Selby beat him then I rather Waseem face him lol While Selby is highly skilled, punchers like Higa can be very dangerous.

Higa/Waseem, Waseem/Selby and Selby/Higa are all great fights though.

Lamont Peterson has reportedly vacated his WBA 'regular' world title and is expected to face Spence, if that's the case I can see Amir Khan fighting someone for the vacated WBA regular strap in December. In other news, Kell Brook is still twerking for Amir Khan and the WBO have ordered Billy Joe Saunders and David Lemiux to negotiate a bout which would be very intriguing if it materialises.

Why is Carl Frampton so afraid of Lee Selby ? he has fought at the elite level and now does not have a strap, if Selby is such an easy fight for him and he has the audacity to continuously criticise Lee's resume why does he not step in the ring with him :mv I find it annoying, these two need to fight asap.

That's the latest news KingKhan I just took a peak to see what was going on have not been following the sport much :yk
[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] They didn't disappoint me, was one hell of a fight ! make sure you check it out

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] They didn't disappoint me, was one hell of a fight ! make sure you check it out
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Finally managed to watch it. Good fight but a bit dissapointed with the brawl which followed. These idiots drunk and high on cocaine ruin it for real boxing fans.

Also what do you think of AJ's new opponent? I dont know much of him at all.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] Finally managed to watch it. Good fight but a bit dissapointed with the brawl which followed. These idiots drunk and high on cocaine ruin it for real boxing fans.

Also what do you think of AJ's new opponent? I dont know much of him at all.

Two Brits going at it like real mard :afridi that's what you call a proper fight :floyd Cox was also fighting out of Brum :ksi think he can find more success at this level with experience, also needs to step down in weight because he's not a natural SMW. You know if you asked me how does the version of Groves who fought Froch for the first time stack up against Eubank jr, I'd say he wins without a doubt but I think those defeats took something out of him. He's still a world class fighter who is exceptionally skilled but feel like he is a bit scarred mentally, on paper given his tools he should beat Eubank but he seems to have a tendency to get caught up in a tear up as of late and that's not the Groves I knew for most of his career who'd rely a lot more on his lateral movement and counter boxing. But it's still a 50/50 fight and really intriguing isn't it, can't wait it's expected in January.

Takam if am honest he's a little too old now, he has a lot of experience and I'd have more positives to say if I knew for sure that he had a proper training camp behind him but there's only so much preparation you can do as a short notice replacement. But otherwise Takam is a guy who's a pressure fighter, not the biggest HW around but he attempts to cut you off and work on the inside; stylistically I'd say he's more of a threat then Pulev for Joshua but he's just too old and doesn't have a proper camp behind him. I respect him as a fighter though because he has never ducked a challenge and is one of those Michael Gomez type fighters who's been around the circuit a while and always gives his all; I also felt he defeated Joseph Parker for the world title on points but he didn't get the decision, outside that defeat he was beaten by the highly rated Povetkin by KO after being ahead on points; Takam gassed in that fight but every win of Povetkin in the after math of his defeat to Wladmir will have a ? due to his use of PEDs now.

Am glad that Takam is going to get a lovely pay day and he's a former Olympian that is no bum but I expect Joshua to knock him out, he's not a bad opponent but my issue is that he's not had a proper camp behind him and the sky monopoly can't justify charging 20 quid for this ! I rather get 2 xtra large cheese and tomato pizza's and stream it :yk

Two Brits going at it like real mard :afridi that's what you call a proper fight :floyd Cox was also fighting out of Brum :ksi think he can find more success at this level with experience, also needs to step down in weight because he's not a natural SMW. You know if you asked me how does the version of Groves who fought Froch for the first time stack up against Eubank jr, I'd say he wins without a doubt but I think those defeats took something out of him. He's still a world class fighter who is exceptionally skilled but feel like he is a bit scarred mentally, on paper given his tools he should beat Eubank but he seems to have a tendency to get caught up in a tear up as of late and that's not the Groves I knew for most of his career who'd rely a lot more on his lateral movement and counter boxing. But it's still a 50/50 fight and really intriguing isn't it, can't wait it's expected in January.

Takam if am honest he's a little too old now, he has a lot of experience and I'd have more positives to say if I knew for sure that he had a proper training camp behind him but there's only so much preparation you can do as a short notice replacement. But otherwise Takam is a guy who's a pressure fighter, not the biggest HW around but he attempts to cut you off and work on the inside; stylistically I'd say he's more of a threat then Pulev for Joshua but he's just too old and doesn't have a proper camp behind him. I respect him as a fighter though because he has never ducked a challenge and is one of those Michael Gomez type fighters who's been around the circuit a while and always gives his all; I also felt he defeated Joseph Parker for the world title on points but he didn't get the decision, outside that defeat he was beaten by the highly rated Povetkin by KO after being ahead on points; Takam gassed in that fight but every win of Povetkin in the after math of his defeat to Wladmir will have a ? due to his use of PEDs now.

Am glad that Takam is going to get a lovely pay day and he's a former Olympian that is no bum but I expect Joshua to knock him out, he's not a bad opponent but my issue is that he's not had a proper camp behind him and the sky monopoly can't justify charging 20 quid for this ! I rather get 2 xtra large cheese and tomato pizza's and stream it :yk

Interesting but I feel Eubank has improved since his defeat to Billy Joe, although his last Turkish opponent was a bum. One thing for sure is Eubank wont be able to intimidate Groves, who wont be phased by his combinations and will respond with attack of his own. A tear up might be a good thing for Groves this time as he will put Eubank off his hit and move game plan. It should be a great fight.

Thanks , so I can expect a round 1-3 KO for AJ. He is being regarded as a bit of legend already by the British media but AJ has actually fought nobody apart from a 40 year old ex great.

I will be doing the same catching the fight on radio tbh as by the time I find a good stream it will be all over.

Interesting but I feel Eubank has improved since his defeat to Billy Joe, although his last Turkish opponent was a bum. One thing for sure is Eubank wont be able to intimidate Groves, who wont be phased by his combinations and will respond with attack of his own. A tear up might be a good thing for Groves this time as he will put Eubank off his hit and move game plan. It should be a great fight.

Thanks , so I can expect a round 1-3 KO for AJ. He is being regarded as a bit of legend already by the British media but AJ has actually fought nobody apart from a 40 year old ex great.

I will be doing the same catching the fight on radio tbh as by the time I find a good stream it will be all over.

Could potentially be a fight of the year candidate Eubank/Groves, I will buy it on PPV need to support ITV when they've put on such a good fight plus competition makes other companies get their act together.

Wouldn't be surprised if it went 3 rounds but expect it to go a bit longer because Takam is a tough bloke. If it goes past 6 it would be a big win for him and a big baysti for AJ. And lmao I know bro, AJ be saying in interviews if I lose this I would have tarnished my legacy, and am like mate what legacy do you have to begin with? you had life and death with a guy who was inactive for nearly 2 years and 40+ years old, it says more about the class of Wladmir then anything about your greatness.

HW's are a big draw in itself but Joshua is a guy who has been marketed extremely well especially to the casual fan base who are gullible, they've sold his image as a guy we can all relate to but am stunned that people can't see that he overly plays to the gallery, on top of that his record is extremely padded. His one decent win was over Wlad but it wasn't exactly a dominant win and I've already stated the performance doesn't exactly make me do a bhangra given the odds stacked against Wlad who deserves all the praise. Joshua is also sponsored by Stubhub, the guys who charge 4 times the face value of tickets but #STAY_HUMBLE my #APNAS :yk2

InshaAllah this steroid abuser gets knocked the F out. Don't respect him even one bit, they should also take away his Gold medal which was handed to him by the corrupt judges.

How good is this guy takam. Will he be able to give AJ a tough time especially given the short notice?

Kinda reminds me when chad mendes stepped up to face conor in ufc 189 after jose got injured with just two weeks notice. Dude was gassed out within minutes

How good is this guy takam. Will he be able to give AJ a tough time especially given the short notice?

Kinda reminds me when chad mendes stepped up to face conor in ufc 189 after jose got injured with just two weeks notice. Dude was gassed out within minutes

At the end of the day Takam has just 12 days to prepare so that's all you need to know tbh but otherwise with a full camp behind him he gave the dangerous Povetkin some serious problems but he was ultimately stopped when he began to fatigue in the second half off the fight, Takam is a solid/durable opponent who I also felt beat Joseph Parker but he's someone you'd probably rank in the 10th position amongst the top HW's in the world.

The fight is not worth your money if am totally honest but at the same time there could have been replacements which are a lot worse, Takam is decent given the circumstances but with just 12 days to prepare even if you're a top 5 fighter you ought to struggle. Mendes lost and he was a top 5 featherweight.

AJ will beat up Takam but I think he is actually tougher (if in shape) than Pulev.

Yeah I agree with that, he is certainly a lot tougher and more durable although Pulev packs more of a punch and is a better fighter at long range while Takam is better on the inside

I have started watching lomachenko fights. He reminds me a lot of Floyd when he was pretty boy especially the way he counters his opponents, use of celevr angles and the way he attacks the body as well as the head. He has turned me into his fan.

Dunno much about his opponent Rigo but from what i have heard he is equally good. I will start watching him to see who i should root for in their matchup in december.

I had no idea PP liked boxing, great to see!
Have any of you guys seen Mohammed Waseem? How does he look?
His opponent, Daigo Higa from Japan, is 14-0, all knockouts. Haven't seem him either but that record is kind of scary haha.

I had no idea PP liked boxing, great to see!
Have any of you guys seen Mohammed Waseem? How does he look?
His opponent, Daigo Higa from Japan, is 14-0, all knockouts. Haven't seem him either but that record is kind of scary haha.

Higa is dangerous mate :)) Andrew Selby became his mandatory so it remains to be seen who gets the first shot. Selby is an excellent boxer with a great in ring IQ, while Higa cuts you off and is heavy handed. While both fights are tough for Waseem, he is no bum and he is fundamentally very sound; if you've watched Mikey Garcia, Waseem style is similar to his.

I have started watching lomachenko fights. He reminds me a lot of Floyd when he was pretty boy especially the way he counters his opponents, use of celevr angles and the way he attacks the body as well as the head. He has turned me into his fan.

Dunno much about his opponent Rigo but from what i have heard he is equally good. I will start watching him to see who i should root for in their matchup in december.

Yeah Rigo is highly skilled and also has 2 Olympic gold medals, my only concern is that he is moving up 2 weight divisions....hope it doesn't have a big bearing on the fight. Loma will start as the favourite being the bigger man but I expect Rigo to give a better account of himself compared to Loma's previous opponents, Rigo is not making any weight related excuses and has ruthlessly pursued this fight. It's going to be a chess mass.

Higa is dangerous mate :)) Andrew Selby became his mandatory so it remains to be seen who gets the first shot. Selby is an excellent boxer with a great in ring IQ, while Higa cuts you off and is heavy handed. While both fights are tough for Waseem, he is no bum and he is fundamentally very sound; if you've watched Mikey Garcia, Waseem style is similar to his.

Selby is good, but I don't think he has great power. Think he could use his height and reach a bit better because he's a bloody giant for the weight class.

And wow, like Mikey you say? That is quite the compliment; I hope he can emulate his success!

Kal yafai has a match with ishida this saturday. Should be an interesting one

Kal Yafai is fighting today, look forward to supporting our fellow second city hero [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Also look forward to Dilian Whyte vs Robert Helenius

There has also been talk of Katie Taylor potentially facing Holly Holms in the squared circle

I would not want that. Holly Holms has had a hard time after the loss to germaine & shevchenko in moving up the ranks and just recently made a good comeback at bantamweight. I wouldn't want all her hardwork to go to waste.

Expected Kal to dominate and control the pace of the fight, Ishida was a very awkward opponent given his height at that weight which mad for an ugly fight. Katie Taylor put on a great performance against the argentinian who was game but she couldn't cope with her handspeed especially. Whyte controlling things nicely against Helenius at the moment

I would not want that. Holly Holms has had a hard time after the loss to germaine & shevchenko in moving up the ranks and just recently made a good comeback at bantamweight. I wouldn't want all her hardwork to go to waste.

I would have loved to see Holly Holms in the prime of her boxing career vs the dangerous Cecilia Brækhus who's a level above the rest at the moment. Problem for Katie Taylor right now is that there's not much competition about and Cecilia Brækhus campaigns at Welterweight. Even if the Holly Holms fight was to materialise, weight would be an issue; but if there was one person on this earth who I'd back to make a successful transition back into the sport it would be her because I rate her as the greatest female fighter in history, her last fight was in 2013 though and it's unheard off to focus on two pro combat sports at the same time.

As the saying goes styles make fights and Whyte/Helenius was another ugly one though. Whyte did what he had to do though and people may forget how inexperienced he is; anyhow he's a much better fighter then he was a few years ago and while Wilder has been hesitant to sign the papers to face Whyte in recent time, this is modern boxing and such performances tend to encourage fighters to sign contracts and based on that fight, am confident that Wilder will step in the ring with Whyte and that will be a cracking encounter.

[MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] Boxing was banned in Cecilia Brækhus home country of Norway so she mostly fought out of Denmark, but she constantly pushed for a change in the law and her success finally convinced the authoritative bodies to give into her request; on a dramatic night before 10K people which included the Prime Minister of Norway Cecilia Brækhus knocked out the legendary anne sophie mathis. She's arguably the greatest female fighter ever although it's Holly Holms for me, the two were meant to fight in the prime of their careers and I believe the WBC ordered the bout to ! but I think that was during the period where Holly had begun to make the switch to MMA, I believe she had attempted to fight in the squared circle and octagon at the same time but in the end realised it was better to focus on one sport

Delfine Persoon would be a great opponent for Katie Taylor, probably the only name I think of which poses a challenge. A catchweight bout with Cecillia would be nice but it's unlikely

[MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] Boxing was banned in Cecilia Brækhus home country of Norway so she mostly fought out of Denmark, but she constantly pushed for a change in the law and her success finally convinced the authoritative bodies to give into her request; on a dramatic night before 10K people which included the Prime Minister of Norway Cecilia Brækhus knocked out the legendary anne sophie mathis. She's arguably the greatest female fighter ever although it's Holly Holms for me, the two were meant to fight in the prime of their careers and I believe the WBC ordered the bout to ! but I think that was during the period where Holly had begun to make the switch to MMA, I believe she had attempted to fight in the squared circle and octagon at the same time but in the end realised it was better to focus on one sport

Didn't know much about her until recently when some swedish female boxer kissed her in staredown although heard a lot about anne mathis. If she knocked mathis out, she must have been pretty good.

I would have loved to see Holly Holms in the prime of her boxing career vs the dangerous Cecilia Brækhus who's a level above the rest at the moment. Problem for Katie Taylor right now is that there's not much competition about and Cecilia Brækhus campaigns at Welterweight. Even if the Holly Holms fight was to materialise, weight would be an issue; but if there was one person on this earth who I'd back to make a successful transition back into the sport it would be her because I rate her as the greatest female fighter in history, her last fight was in 2013 though and it's unheard off to focus on two pro combat sports at the same time.

Yeah I have seen some of holly's matches from 2005 & 2006. She was a legit badass in the ring.

I expected Takam to be in the ring a lot longer then most but it's hard to argue against predictions such as a KO within the first 3-6 rounds when this guy took the fight on 2 weeks notice, first time it has ever happened in a unified HW world title fight. Yet despite that Takam put on one hell of a performance and continued on even with one eye due to a cut, Kell Brook probably would have quit if it happened to him.

He attacked AJ's body throughout and it slowed him down, AJ was gassed towards the end and I felt that stoppage was premature big time; gutted for Takam, probably was the 36 year olds last chance to win a world title because not many guys out there will want to get in the ring with him, I felt he had beaten Parker in their world title fight as well. He got paid around £750 - £1million though which was great and well deserved to one of the most courageous and toughest blokes in boxing but it's clear he never came for the money or to lay down he wanted that world title, have immense respect for him.

And LOL at the casuals who overly hype AJ, sky even put up a poll asking the public if he were the greatest British HW ever as well lmao you know what, even the obese drug and alcohol abusing Fury would take this guy out never mind the version which beat Wlad in 2015.

Didn't know much about her until recently when some swedish female boxer kissed her in staredown although heard a lot about anne mathis. If she knocked mathis out, she must have been pretty good.

Yeah mathis is known to have an iron chin, very tough chick to hurt so it was impressive; previously she had beaten her on points and while it was towards the end of matthis career she was still someone durable and it was an impressive win on a big and landmark occasion.

I would post here but don’t want to get abused by our resident boxing pundit.

I would post here but don’t want to get abused by our resident boxing pundit.

Lol we can agree to disagree :yk no abuse. Honestly though, overall this was a poor PPV event for £20 and the main event didn't say much about AJ's in-ring pedigree.

Last edited:
AJ came in the heaviest he's ever been and he started getting gassed really early. Needs to cut the weight a little and he should be fine.

Bring on AJ vs Wilder

AJ was also repeatedly hitting Takam below the belt and after the bell as well #StayHUMBLE still can't believe how folk see this guy as some angel, he plays to the gallery and is the biggest uncle tom I've ever seen in Boxing.

That was just disgusting, right after the cut happened was one of the instances where AJ hit takam after the bell, no warning from the ref either...

AJ came in the heaviest he's ever been and he started getting gassed really early. Needs to cut the weight a little and he should be fine.

Bring on AJ vs Wilder

Maybe the weight slowed him down but so did Takams body shots. And despite what the scales said he looked lighter compared to the previous fight and his camp said he had been doing a lot more cardio

Lol we can agree to disagree :yk no abuse. Honestly though, overall this was a poor PPV event for £20 and the main event didn't say much about AJ's in-ring pedigree.

You’re right!
Last night was a complete waste of money.

AJ needs to lose some weight.

Just not convinced by AJ at all. He is too bulky, gasses too early and has a suspect chin and Klitshko should really have finished him when he had him hurt.

You’re right!
Last night was a complete waste of money.

AJ needs to lose some weight.

I look forward to December on Boxnation, for around 12 quid we will get Lomachenko v Rigo and Billy Joe Saunders vs David Lemieux both are quality fights.

From what I've heard AJ had done a lot more cardio for this camp and he looked a little lighter on the eye compared to his Wladmir fight found it strange that he came in heavier then ever but regardless, he's a big unit. One of the reasons he bulks up is due to not having single punch KO power like a Deontay Wilder so he tries to use his size to overwhelm his opponents and it has mostly worked for him, but other that his size/power there's not a lot going for him and someone like an Emanuel Steward could have done wonders for him and added more layers to his skill set. He's still a work in progress and may improve but when you're the world champion the criticism is justified.

Just not convinced by AJ at all. He is too bulky, gasses too early and has a suspect chin and Klitshko should really have finished him when he had him hurt.

At this stage Tyson Fury of 2015 would have made easy work off AJ, maybe AJ has peaked ? I don't know, but Fury needs to sort his licencing issues out asap and train harder then ever; have some tune ups to shake of the ring rust and then go into an AJ fight. The positive of the recent performances of AJ and Whyte is that Deontay Wilder/Parker won't be as hesitant to step in the ring with them. And there's Povetkin as well, he will most likely become AJ's mandatory providing he beats Hammer; am still shocked how he is still fighting despite two or three failed drug tests.

At this stage Tyson Fury of 2015 would have made easy work off AJ, maybe AJ has peaked ? I don't know, but Fury needs to sort his licencing issues out asap and train harder then ever; have some tune ups to shake of the ring rust and then go into an AJ fight. The positive of the recent performances of AJ and Whyte is that Deontay Wilder/Parker won't be as hesitant to step in the ring with them. And there's Povetkin as well, he will most likely become AJ's mandatory providing he beats Hammer; am still shocked how he is still fighting despite two or three failed drug tests.

He is not the only one Ortiz is another one.

Have you seen Sasha brutally KO a prime Takam?

He is not the only one Ortiz is another one.

Have you seen Sasha brutally KO a prime Takam?

Ortiz :)) it's a mystery how old that grandpa is, he poses no threat whatsoever and is probably done after the failed drug tests then again I thought the same about Povetkin who failed 2 yet is still fighting? am not sure how any of his fights can be sanctioned outside Russia. He will be facing Christian Hammer in an eliminator to face AJ for the title. I'd throw Whyte's name as well because it's inevitable that he will fight for a world title, ideally against Parker from his POV because he probs would beat him with one hand tied behind his back.

Takam fought beautifully in the fight but then gassed and was taken out, the thing with Povetkin now is that while he has made big strides since his loss to Wlad there will be a ? on him because of his failed tests so I don't know what to make of his impressive performances in recent times or in the future for that matter. This guy was given a slap on the wrist for two drug test failures in the space of 7 months and his career is still active, Fury on the other hand can't even get a hearing and the claims against him are extremely suspect as well.

I look forward to December on Boxnation, for around 12 quid we will get Lomachenko v Rigo and Billy Joe Saunders vs David Lemieux both are quality fights.

From what I've heard AJ had done a lot more cardio for this camp and he looked a little lighter on the eye compared to his Wladmir fight found it strange that he came in heavier then ever but regardless, he's a big unit. One of the reasons he bulks up is due to not having single punch KO power like a Deontay Wilder so he tries to use his size to overwhelm his opponents and it has mostly worked for him, but other that his size/power there's not a lot going for him and someone like an Emanuel Steward could have done wonders for him and added more layers to his skill set. He's still a work in progress and may improve but when you're the world champion the criticism is justified.
Am glad am not the only one who see's through the British media hype of AJ. His footwork is static, he barely moves his head, is pretty rigid and has a questionable chin. These are all nitpicky but like you said: if you're the world champion, expect it.

Tyson Fury would've dismantled him, altho Tyson does himself have a suspect chin but everything else going for him.

Rigo/Chenko will be quality but Lemiux is too much for Saunders.

Am glad am not the only one who see's through the British media hype of AJ. His footwork is static, he barely moves his head, is pretty rigid and has a questionable chin. These are all nitpicky but like you said: if you're the world champion, expect it.

Tyson Fury would've dismantled him, altho Tyson does himself have a suspect chin but everything else going for him.

Rigo/Chenko will be quality but Lemiux is too much for Saunders.

The British media have created polls asking if he's the greatest HW ever etc in particular sky but they have a deal with matchroom who promote AJ when it comes to Boxing events on sky sports and box office, they've marketed AJ extremely well and he's the best media trained guy I've ever seen in the history of Boxing. I see through him and do not relate to such a robot whatsoever. But ignoring all that, he's no where near as good as he is made out to be; his biggest strength are his physical attributes and some power which is excellent but not on Wilder's level even though many would have you believe he hits as hard as Mike Tyson.

Fury moves incredibly well and is great at holding the centre of the ring, he had been put down in the early part of his career but he was green at that time and his defence wasn't that great. I'd have the 2015 Fury beating AJ by a landslide points victory or a late stoppage.

That's what I love about Lemiux/Saunders ! I can see the fight going either way but feel BJS will just have too much class on the night, these gypsy blokes are tough as nails and have a very high in ring IQ, David if he catches you clean then you're going down but I just think that he will struggle with BJS's lateral movement and will get picked off but we"ll see, there is certainly an argument that David will stop BJS and he has the ability to do that but am backing BJS

The British media have created polls asking if he's the greatest HW ever etc in particular sky but they have a deal with matchroom who promote AJ when it comes to Boxing events on sky sports and box office, they've marketed AJ extremely well and he's the best media trained guy I've ever seen in the history of Boxing. I see through him and do not relate to such a robot whatsoever. But ignoring all that, he's no where near as good as he is made out to be; his biggest strength are his physical attributes and some power which is excellent but not on Wilder's level even though many would have you believe he hits as hard as Mike Tyson.

Fury moves incredibly well and is great at holding the centre of the ring, he had been put down in the early part of his career but he was green at that time and his defence wasn't that great. I'd have the 2015 Fury beating AJ by a landslide points victory or a late stoppage.

That's what I love about Lemiux/Saunders ! I can see the fight going either way but feel BJS will just have too much class on the night, these gypsy blokes are tough as nails and have a very high in ring IQ, David if he catches you clean then you're going down but I just think that he will struggle with BJS's lateral movement and will get picked off but we"ll see, there is certainly an argument that David will stop BJS and he has the ability to do that but am backing BJS
Lol most casual fans( I myself am pretty casual yet can see clear issues with AJ) label me a hater ...if I speak against AJ because I'm usually the only one who does so. It's almost considered illegal to criticise him lmao becoz ofc he's the best thing since sliced bread from brit media. Even this dumb Takam stoppage was unnecessary and I think just to protect his 100% KO ratio for the big money fight.

Fury is too technical and has far superior footwork which would embarrass AJ the same way Canelo was embarrassed by Mayweather me thinks. Even Wilder I thought was a bum but then I realised I only said that cos I hate Americans lol, I thought AJ would have him in 4/5 but after seeing his suspect chin I wouldn't be surprised if Wilder gives him serious trouble, regardless of how sloppy and non existent his technique is lol.

Lemieux I think hits way too hard and BJS simply will be outclassed. He has a chance of outboxing lemieux using a constant jab like Golovkin did but I don't see it happening due to lemieux punch speed as well and BJS severe lack of power. Should be a good fight but I got Lemieux winning.

Rigo/Loma is gonna be an absolute myth, too bad both are unknown entities in the casual world else it would be the genuine fight of the year along with CanGlov

Lol most casual fans( I myself am pretty casual yet can see clear issues with AJ) label me a hater ...if I speak against AJ because I'm usually the only one who does so. It's almost considered illegal to criticise him lmao becoz ofc he's the best thing since sliced bread from brit media. Even this dumb Takam stoppage was unnecessary and I think just to protect his 100% KO ratio for the big money fight.

Fury is too technical and has far superior footwork which would embarrass AJ the same way Canelo was embarrassed by Mayweather me thinks. Even Wilder I thought was a bum but then I realised I only said that cos I hate Americans lol, I thought AJ would have him in 4/5 but after seeing his suspect chin I wouldn't be surprised if Wilder gives him serious trouble, regardless of how sloppy and non existent his technique is lol.

Lemieux I think hits way too hard and BJS simply will be outclassed. He has a chance of outboxing lemieux using a constant jab like Golovkin did but I don't see it happening due to lemieux punch speed as well and BJS severe lack of power. Should be a good fight but I got Lemieux winning.

Rigo/Loma is gonna be an absolute myth, too bad both are unknown entities in the casual world else it would be the genuine fight of the year along with CanGlov

Yeah Wilder has a tendency to look very sloppy and he's not the best boxer around, but when he catches you clean people go down and that power is so dangerous that I fear something bad could happen.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&#55358;&#56631;&#55356;&#57343;*♂️ Bro *** <a href="https://twitter.com/anthonyfjoshua?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@anthonyfjoshua</a>? <br>You Going To Soon Be Ramming Your jab Down My Throat!? &#55357;&#56900; TBH That don’t sound too good.... <a href="https://t.co/n1PYuThvCf">pic.twitter.com/n1PYuThvCf</a></p>— Deontay Wilder (@BronzeBomber) <a href="https://twitter.com/BronzeBomber/status/917561061519364099?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">10 October 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:yk

Watch BJS vs Eubank and Andy Lee to see how sound he's technically and there's enough puff in those hands to keep fighters at bay, he floored Lee in the fight where he won the title as well. This is a great fight for BJS because I believe he will be appreciated more after he gets the win and fans like you will also give credit where due although as it stands I get if you don't rate him as much because he's not had that really big high profile fight to show what he can do even though the wins over Eubank and Lee were class. I always tend to favour the boxer over the puncher and stylistically both GGG/BJS are different kettle of fish, GGG used his strong fundamentals and pressure to overwhelm David, in this instance I feel like his pressure is designed for BJS's style; it will be a cracking fight for sure.

Yeah Wilder has a tendency to look very sloppy and he's not the best boxer around, but when he catches you clean people go down and that power is so dangerous that I fear something bad could happen.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">����*♂️ Bro *** <a href="https://twitter.com/anthonyfjoshua?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@anthonyfjoshua</a>? <br>You Going To Soon Be Ramming Your jab Down My Throat!? �� TBH That don’t sound too good.... <a href="https://t.co/n1PYuThvCf">pic.twitter.com/n1PYuThvCf</a></p>— Deontay Wilder (@BronzeBomber) <a href="https://twitter.com/BronzeBomber/status/917561061519364099?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">10 October 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:yk

Watch BJS vs Eubank and Andy Lee to see how sound he's technically and there's enough puff in those hands to keep fighters at bay, he floored Lee in the fight where he won the title as well. This is a great fight for BJS because I believe he will be appreciated more after he gets the win and fans like you will also give credit where due although as it stands I get if you don't rate him as much because he's not had that really big high profile fight to show what he can do even though the wins over Eubank and Lee were class. I always tend to favour the boxer over the puncher and stylistically both GGG/BJS are different kettle of fish, GGG used his strong fundamentals and pressure to overwhelm David, in this instance I feel like his pressure is designed for BJS's style; it will be a cracking fight for sure.
BJS is a technical fighter, I can tell from your posts generally you love that type. His problem is the fact that he has a severe lack of power and an untested chin. Someone like Canelo is a technical fighter with a lot of power too, which makes him highly dangerous.

The counterpunching, outboxing type fighter who steals the show based on points. I reckon you rate Khan quite high eh? He's been claiming that he'd give mayweather a good fight and tbh...I don't disagree since tmt isn't a heavy puncher, which is Khans kryptonite.

And while fury would beat AJ, he'd murder Wilder lol. Will get completely outboxed. Altho Wilders powerful punches could be v v v dangerous for brit media hype man.

Last edited:
Kal Yafai is fighting today, look forward to supporting our fellow second city hero [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Also look forward to Dilian Whyte vs Robert Helenius

I haven't watched the fight yet. How well did Kal perform?

What a ** finish that was . Reminds me a bit of larry holmes vs renaldo snipes match. Boxing has killed itself because of such stuff. If the judges can't screw an event, the referee surely will.

AJ was also repeatedly hitting Takam below the belt and after the bell as well #StayHUMBLE still can't believe how folk see this guy as some angel, he plays to the gallery and is the biggest uncle tom I've ever seen in Boxing.

That was just disgusting, right after the cut happened was one of the instances where AJ hit takam after the bell, no warning from the ref either...

Yeah that surprised as well. He landed two solid shots after the bell

BJS is a technical fighter, I can tell from your posts generally you love that type. His problem is the fact that he has a severe lack of power and an untested chin. Someone like Canelo is a technical fighter with a lot of power too, which makes him highly dangerous.

The counterpunching, outboxing type fighter who steals the show based on points. I reckon you rate Khan quite high eh? He's been claiming that he'd give mayweather a good fight and tbh...I don't disagree since tmt isn't a heavy puncher, which is Khans kryptonite.

And while fury would beat AJ, he'd murder Wilder lol. Will get completely outboxed. Altho Wilders powerful punches could be v v v dangerous for brit media hype man.

BJS doesn't have one punch KO power but accumulative punches can still hurt you, it would be dangerous to leave your chin exposed thinking he's feather fisted as someone like a Eubank found out. Floyd is another guy who after the first phase of his career where he was KO artist switched his styles and didn't focus on stopping his opponents but defence and his in-ring IQ, just goes to show that punchers can be dealt with so long you use your brain and skill but like you say BJS's chin is untested against someone who's forte is knocking guys out. Floyd never gets credit for his incredible toughness and amazing chin, and while during the second phase of his career the power declined due to how banged up he was and those brittle hands he still possessed a mean right; so while Amir is someone who I'd bank on giving him the most problems then any other fighter since Oscar De La Hoya because Floyd struggles vs guys who are quick he'd still start as the favourite.

tbh I love punchers especially those who are technically sound like a prime Mike Tyson but no one out there quiet like him, I love all the styles it's just that generally I've always favored the brilliant boxer over the brilliant puncher in a shoot out and historically it has been reinforced by Muhammad Ali and Ray Robinsons performances against savage hitters like LaMotta and Foreman.

If Wilder caught AJ clean...astagfirulla bro

Yeah that surprised as well. He landed two solid shots after the bell

Besides that premature stoppage to maintain the KO ration, AJ kept hitting Takam after the bell and hit him with low blows as well, the ref would grab Takam in a headlock everytime he moved to work on the inside and the judges scorecards were revealed in a sky graphic before the fight had even ended.....

Besides that premature stoppage to maintain the KO ration, AJ kept hitting Takam after the bell and hit him with low blows as well, the ref would grab Takam in a headlock everytime he moved to work on the inside and the judges scorecards were revealed in a sky graphic before the fight had even ended.....

And top of all that, I hate AJ's mr nice guy act. I don't know how fans can be fooled by this guy's fake persona.

The stoppage was very similar to what happened in larry holmes vs renaldo snipes fight. Do watch that one if you have the time. The fight was a very good one. But Snipes just like takem was getting rocked in late rounds & larry as usual was excellent in late rounds. Larry hit him with five round combo and he wobbled on the ropes and the ref stopped it prematurely. He then went on a tirade about it & even brawled with Larry during his post-fight interview.

Later on i read his interview on sherdog or some other boxing site about the stoppage and he was asked about the premature stoppage to that fight. He said that he didn't think the officials or larry's camp was involved in it. It was the ref's own decision cause the ref was thinking that if i let this fight go on and somehow larry loses, the promoters would lose the opportunity to host larry holmes vs gerry cooney which apparently was the fight fans wanted to see the most and ref would be fired.

This fight kinda reminded of that. I think ref just protected his job in case eddie hearn's darling AJ got knocked out or something

BJS doesn't have one punch KO power but accumulative punches can still hurt you, it would be dangerous to leave your chin exposed thinking he's feather fisted as someone like a Eubank found out. Floyd is another guy who after the first phase of his career where he was KO artist switched his styles and didn't focus on stopping his opponents but defence and his in-ring IQ, just goes to show that punchers can be dealt with so long you use your brain and skill but like you say BJS's chin is untested against someone who's forte is knocking guys out. Floyd never gets credit for his incredible toughness and amazing chin, and while during the second phase of his career the power declined due to how banged up he was and those brittle hands he still possessed a mean right; so while Amir is someone who I'd bank on giving him the most problems then any other fighter since Oscar De La Hoya because Floyd struggles vs guys who are quick he'd still start as the favourite.

tbh I love punchers especially those who are technically sound like a prime Mike Tyson but no one out there quiet like him, I love all the styles it's just that generally I've always favored the brilliant boxer over the brilliant puncher in a shoot out and historically it has been reinforced by Muhammad Ali and Ray Robinsons performances against savage hitters like LaMotta and Foreman.

Me too. If a highly skilled puncher fights a highly skilled boxer, 9 out of 10 times I back the boxer to come out as the victor no matter how terrifying the puncher looks. The casual fans don't appreciate this and just think their KO favorites are gonna knock a proper boxer like bowling pins.

And top of all that, I hate AJ's mr nice guy act. I don't know how fans can be fooled by this guy's fake persona.

The stoppage was very similar to what happened in larry holmes vs renaldo snipes fight. Do watch that one if you have the time. The fight was a very good one. But Snipes just like takem was getting rocked in late rounds & larry as usual was excellent in late rounds. Larry hit him with five round combo and he wobbled on the ropes and the ref stopped it prematurely. He then went on a tirade about it & even brawled with Larry during his post-fight interview.

Later on i read his interview on sherdog or some other boxing site about the stoppage and he was asked about the premature stoppage to that fight. He said that he didn't think the officials or larry's camp was involved in it. It was the ref's own decision cause the ref was thinking that if i let this fight go on and somehow larry loses, the promoters would lose the opportunity to host larry holmes vs gerry cooney which apparently was the fight fans wanted to see the most and ref would be fired.

This fight kinda reminded of that. I think ref just protected his job in case eddie hearn's darling AJ got knocked out or something

Me too. If a highly skilled puncher fights a highly skilled boxer, 9 out of 10 times I back the boxer to come out as the victor no matter how terrifying the puncher looks. The casual fans don't appreciate this and just think their KO favorites are gonna knock a proper boxer like bowling pins.

Totally agree with you, he needs to be himself but the guy has so many sponsors and casual fans whom he needs to please. Will check that fight out mate, the underworld scene was savage, there have been instances where ATG fighters have thrown fights and others like the ref as you say tend to be afraid to make the right decision. In this day and age corruption still exists but not to the point where if you don't make a certain decisions that your life would be at risk because there are just so many eyes on the sport, a lot of folk are swayed by the brown envelope anyway when that is passed around.

True, if I was a betting man I'd favour the boxer to in that regard; you should get boxnation in December it's going to be a great month for fight fans

BJS, even from his highlights you can see how his punches are relatively weak. I guess it's evident by his less than 50% KO rate. However he does make up for it in skill and he can role with the heavy hitters but I just don't see him winning. I see similarities to Khanelo against Lemiuex.

Floyd himself was probably the best defense master of all times but your prolly gonna hate what I say now becoz am guessin you heard it enough times lmao but Floyd can never be rated among the top 5 (even tho he is statistically and on paper) due to his avoiding fights and fighters in their primes. 100% think he can beat Khan but it will be a technical mastery watching two fighters who rely on things other than brute power and heavy hitting.

Mike Tyson literally had the power of Wilder with the technique of Fury, literally no heavyweight currently would last 3+ rounds with him. And that's being generous. Even Mikes lesser opponents seem pretty skilled and would give most the so called champions trouble. I was watching his footwork/pivoting followed by crazy power punches in his highlights. A complete boxer. Me personally, I like seeing aggressive fighters fight who hit heavy. Fighters like Foreman, Tyson, Hatton (altho he got technically dismantled by Floyd), from todays era Lemieux, Golovkin, Eubank, Rigo. I think middleweights got healthy competition atm with many top fighters.

And like others have stated too thankfully, I too see through this facade Mr Nice Guy AJ persona but don't wanna get labelled a hater haha. He isn't an amazing fighter and he'll be lucky if he could beat an in form Haye let alone Fury. He does however have good punch technique and power which has helped him beat up all these bums. I just don't rate him as much as Hearn or the media want us to.

BJS, even from his highlights you can see how his punches are relatively weak. I guess it's evident by his less than 50% KO rate. However he does make up for it in skill and he can role with the heavy hitters but I just don't see him winning. I see similarities to Khanelo against Lemiuex.

Floyd himself was probably the best defense master of all times but your prolly gonna hate what I say now becoz am guessin you heard it enough times lmao but Floyd can never be rated among the top 5 (even tho he is statistically and on paper) due to his avoiding fights and fighters in their primes. 100% think he can beat Khan but it will be a technical mastery watching two fighters who rely on things other than brute power and heavy hitting.

Mike Tyson literally had the power of Wilder with the technique of Fury, literally no heavyweight currently would last 3+ rounds with him. And that's being generous. Even Mikes lesser opponents seem pretty skilled and would give most the so called champions trouble. I was watching his footwork/pivoting followed by crazy power punches in his highlights. A complete boxer. Me personally, I like seeing aggressive fighters fight who hit heavy. Fighters like Foreman, Tyson, Hatton (altho he got technically dismantled by Floyd), from todays era Lemieux, Golovkin, Eubank, Rigo. I think middleweights got healthy competition atm with many top fighters.

And like others have stated too thankfully, I too see through this facade Mr Nice Guy AJ persona but don't wanna get labelled a hater haha. He isn't an amazing fighter and he'll be lucky if he could beat an in form Haye let alone Fury. He does however have good punch technique and power which has helped him beat up all these bums. I just don't rate him as much as Hearn or the media want us to.

I agree he's not a big puncher, but he makes up for it in other ways now Eubank is a guy who has more puff in his hands then BJS but he was still beaten on the night. It's a great fight and I won't argue against a David victory although I favour BJS.

I don't rate him amongst the top 5 best ever but definitely top 10-15, a lot of the myths surrounding various fights he allegedly avoided and the question with regards to his own individual prime and that of the men he fought has been discussed in the Floyd thread I opened a while back you can read the posts there. Khan is the only guy who he legit ducked though, not once but twice; people always have a go at Khan for his vulnerabilities even though I feel they are exaggerated because the man took the best maidana had to offer, it's his defences lapses which have been a bigger issue; anyhow lets just say he is extremely vulnerable when it comes to his punch resistance, despite this some of the best fighters between 140-147 have not been quick to call him out or step in the ring with him, the simple fact is that Khan is a guy who is extremely tough to win rounds against and do you really want to bank on a punchers chance ? it makes his fights exciting to for that reason. Spence was recently interviewed about the prospect of facing Khan but then he began to stumble on his words, changed the topic and pointed out how he needs to face Brook :yk a guy who is just looking to cash out of the sport after being found out.

Outside Jacobs, GGG, David, Canelo, BJS and Charlo more recently there's not a lot going on at MW and it has been a bit dead for a while. SMW is exciting however with the likes of Degale, Callum Smith, Groves, Eubank, Ramirez and Direll with the prospect of some big games from MW moving up in weight. A lot of the names which Tyson blew away would give big problems to some of our so called HW champions :broad he was an absolute beauty, miss him; Jamie Foxx is going to be playing Tyson in his upcoming biopic and Martin Scorcee is allegedly involved in the project, excited.

I've always judged his career objectively but am just not fond of the bloke because he's so fake and I can't relate to that but fair play that gimmick has put a lot of eyes on the sport so credit where due in that regard, his name isn't even Anthony Juicehua, the correct name is Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Juicehua [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION]. But he's a bit of an uncle tom this jakat :yk2 and a living nigerian ebay scam.

[MENTION=136302]Haz95[/MENTION] Like Fury once said, he's more nigerian then AJ :))) he said when he returns he will call himself the nigerian nightmare lmao

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=136302]Haz95[/MENTION] [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] :))) What an addition this fella would be to the HW division if he can get back to the level he was at in 2015

The British Boxing Board of Control have also been playing ball recently and have pushed for a date with regards to his hearing which was being delayed unjustly. So some positive news after a long long time, hopefully all those issues are sorted soon.

From Tyson Fury's instagram:

This is what's to come! The old champ coming back to fight a man who every1 thinks will ko me, same as Ali vs Forman the stylish Ali vs the mummy Forman! We all know what happens in this fight! I know you all got me whooped, but I will not lay down or be afraid of some muscles �� & I have the mentality of a winner a man who has never lost a fight. A true champion coming back to claim his thrown, This is my era they are from my time, I must destroy them. AJ & Wilder I'm coming back for you pair my mission is seek & destroy the only thing on my mind is destruction who ever gets in my way will be dealt with accordingly. There's only 1 winner & that's the fans! Let's make the heavyweights great again, fight the best in the division, Fury= Lineal champ,
Joshuar= Ibf-Ibo-wba Wilder= WBC. Parker= Wbo But to be fair Parker is only a young lad & is not on my radar he must gain experience & mature in to a big strong man. I hold my destiny in my own hands. May the best man win good luck everyone #letsgetthispartystarted 2018_2019 the world will see the best fights & see the true heavyweight king �� recrowned .

image.jpg

Last edited:
I agree he's not a big puncher, but he makes up for it in other ways now Eubank is a guy who has more puff in his hands then BJS but he was still beaten on the night. It's a great fight and I won't argue against a David victory although I favour BJS.

I don't rate him amongst the top 5 best ever but definitely top 10-15, a lot of the myths surrounding various fights he allegedly avoided and the question with regards to his own individual prime and that of the men he fought has been discussed in the Floyd thread I opened a while back you can read the posts there. Khan is the only guy who he legit ducked though, not once but twice; people always have a go at Khan for his vulnerabilities even though I feel they are exaggerated because the man took the best maidana had to offer, it's his defences lapses which have been a bigger issue; anyhow lets just say he is extremely vulnerable when it comes to his punch resistance, despite this some of the best fighters between 140-147 have not been quick to call him out or step in the ring with him, the simple fact is that Khan is a guy who is extremely tough to win rounds against and do you really want to bank on a punchers chance ? it makes his fights exciting to for that reason. Spence was recently interviewed about the prospect of facing Khan but then he began to stumble on his words, changed the topic and pointed out how he needs to face Brook :yk a guy who is just looking to cash out of the sport after being found out.

Outside Jacobs, GGG, David, Canelo, BJS and Charlo more recently there's not a lot going on at MW and it has been a bit dead for a while. SMW is exciting however with the likes of Degale, Callum Smith, Groves, Eubank, Ramirez and Direll with the prospect of some big games from MW moving up in weight. A lot of the names which Tyson blew away would give big problems to some of our so called HW champions :broad he was an absolute beauty, miss him; Jamie Foxx is going to be playing Tyson in his upcoming biopic and Martin Scorcee is allegedly involved in the project, excited.

I've always judged his career objectively but am just not fond of the bloke because he's so fake and I can't relate to that but fair play that gimmick has put a lot of eyes on the sport so credit where due in that regard, his name isn't even Anthony Juicehua, the correct name is Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Juicehua [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION]. But he's a bit of an uncle tom this jakat :yk2 and a living nigerian ebay scam.

Wow didn't know that

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=136302]Haz95[/MENTION] [MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] :))) What an addition this fella would be to the HW division if he can get back to the level he was at in 2015

The British Boxing Board of Control have also been playing ball recently and have pushed for a date with regards to his hearing which was being delayed unjustly. So some positive news after a long long time, hopefully all those issues are sorted soon.

:)) Fury is class, we need more boxers esp HW's like him. Joshua is a good athlete no doubt but he has the personality of a brick.

I really hope Im wrong but I cant see him coming back to anywhere near his best. He's been through so much and his body got so out of hand, its a very hard road back.

I think current Eubank vs BJS would be a pretty interesting British fight. Eubanks improved quite a bit since he fought BJS and he may even beat him. And wrt to Lemieux, may the best fighter win (my donny Dave for that matter haha).

Khan is a top fighter I believe, even now. However he's a disgrace to both Britain and Pakistan after his recent chaskey and shenanigans lol. Hard to take him serious but I think he'd savage pinkEye Kelly Brook and would've given TMT a run for his money. I hope he does make a comeback and improve his horrible personal reputation because he's a damn good boxer. Even his 'glass jaw' is pretty overstated, the guy like you said handled the worst of a hardhitter like Maidana. Surely it's not a GGG level chin but it's definitely not horrible, merely ok.

I like Daniel Jacobs, I want to see him vs Eubank. Eubanks that type of guy who looks like apesh1t good vs bums but will get tested by a real boxer. Like a certain uncle tom hehehehhe. Am so sad that I wasn't born or didn't see the Holyfield, Tyson, Lewis era or the preceeding Foreman, Ali one either. Now we get bakwaas like Tony Bellew and Dereck Chisoras.

And yeh chacha tom is fake. Seems like one of those undercover priveliged kids who's tryna use a poor ghetto background to create this alter British hype job ego.

My guy, the one and only tysooooooon feeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwry is back hopefuly properly and will do as he says and destroy these fake champs.

I think current Eubank vs BJS would be a pretty interesting British fight. Eubanks improved quite a bit since he fought BJS and he may even beat him. And wrt to Lemieux, may the best fighter win (my donny Dave for that matter haha).

Khan is a top fighter I believe, even now. However he's a disgrace to both Britain and Pakistan after his recent chaskey and shenanigans lol. Hard to take him serious but I think he'd savage pinkEye Kelly Brook and would've given TMT a run for his money. I hope he does make a comeback and improve his horrible personal reputation because he's a damn good boxer. Even his 'glass jaw' is pretty overstated, the guy like you said handled the worst of a hardhitter like Maidana. Surely it's not a GGG level chin but it's definitely not horrible, merely ok.

I like Daniel Jacobs, I want to see him vs Eubank. Eubanks that type of guy who looks like apesh1t good vs bums but will get tested by a real boxer. Like a certain uncle tom hehehehhe. Am so sad that I wasn't born or didn't see the Holyfield, Tyson, Lewis era or the preceeding Foreman, Ali one either. Now we get bakwaas like Tony Bellew and Dereck Chisoras.

And yeh chacha tom is fake. Seems like one of those undercover priveliged kids who's tryna use a poor ghetto background to create this alter British hype job ego.

My guy, the one and only tysooooooon feeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwry is back hopefuly properly and will do as he says and destroy these fake champs.

Eubank has improved in certain ways but he hasn't been tested himself since the BJS fight, we will see how far he has come when he faces Groves a fight which is 50/50 but I give him the edge there. Yeah a lot has gone down in his life and right now but I still view him as an inspiration who is really misunderstood to the point where people overly focus on the negatives although there are instances where he could help himself better anyhow I don't see him beating many of the top names in the division because he has been inactive for too long and past his prime, plus he made his debut at a really young age and there is so much wear/tear, Kell Brook would certainly be easy work though, just keep jabbing his eye and the man will propose to you in the ring.

But if Khan does manage to win another world title it would be one of the biggest comebacks in british boxing history and he'd have a bit of redemption to but I find it hard to see how it would happen because am not sure the desire is there anymore, look at someone like Jorge Linares he has suffered even more defeats then Khan but lives and breaths boxing well into his 30's and is a lineal champion, Khan lives the life of a retired fighter on the other hand, majority of his time has been spend having to put up with faryal and a team full of dopey taxi drivers and doing charity all over the world or in shisha lounges / night clubs which is all fine but when you're serious about boxing you need to take care of your body physically and mentally, you got to be careful what you eat, do some light training even when you're not in camp and have a strong team behind you rather then thieving pakistani's or a snake for a wife. Say what you want about Floyd but no one trains harder then him which is why he has found success way past his prime and peak years. So that's my issue with him, like I think that he has been in the game too long and the hunger is no longer there and with the stuff which has gone on, am not sure if it is truly behind him, that is dangerous when you're stepping in the ring. Khan when he's in camp gives his all no doubt about that but the stuff beyond that and just the stage he is in his life right now don't know if he can beat any top 10 fighter at 147 outside Vargas, Peterson and Horn. Don't consider Brook to be in the top 10 and he's the easiest fight out there for him and get a decent return although am not sure because even the Sheffield hooligans have abandoned him after he proposed to spence.

Wasn't lucky enough to be around during Tysons prime but as a kid got to see all the battles involving Holyfield, Tyson and Lewis in the late 90's and 2000's even some relatives who were not fans of boxing would order the fights on PPV, that's the type of appeal those guys had was one hell of an era and add Naz to the mix who lit up the lower weight classes.

I hope so to Fury is my all time favourite british boxer after Naz :)) what you see is what you get, he's not perfect and I can relate to that because no one is and but I look for the positives and not robotic gimmicks which are built up by media with a high profile, lmao Firu rips all these guys apart for what they are. Not sure he will get to that level in 2015 because he has abused himself quiet a bit physically, but that guy would even give Lennox Lewis a good fight forget an AJ who moves like a mummy or a blind Wilder.

:)) Fury is class, we need more boxers esp HW's like him. Joshua is a good athlete no doubt but he has the personality of a brick.

I really hope Im wrong but I cant see him coming back to anywhere near his best. He's been through so much and his body got so out of hand, its a very hard road back.

So true, I rather watch paint dry. AJ also contains himself because he's too worried about all the white bigots not paying for his tickets and PPV's, how can anyone respek a sell out ?

Totally agreed it will be very tough, but if he manages to make weight it will be a big achievement in itself and I think we all can say the man deserves a nice big pay day regardless off the outcome for his monumental win over a Wladmir who was younger then the one AJ fought and had been active as a fighter, AJ on the other hand was lucky to exploit Wladmir's 2 year in-ring inactivity and the fact that he was like 41+ years old and even then AJ almost lost! he should thank Vitali for the poor advice he gave to Wlad. But the narrative has been set and what a story it would be if he becomes the HW world champion again, it would be one of the biggest comebacks in the history of HW boxing and shades of Ali's triumph after his suspension

So true, I rather watch paint dry. AJ also contains himself because he's too worried about all the white bigots not paying for his tickets and PPV's, how can anyone respek a sell out ?

Totally agreed it will be very tough, but if he manages to make weight it will be a big achievement in itself and I think we all can say the man deserves a nice big pay day regardless off the outcome for his monumental win over a Wladmir who was younger then the one AJ fought and had been active as a fighter, AJ on the other hand was lucky to exploit Wladmir's 2 year in-ring inactivity and the fact that he was like 41+ years old and even then AJ almost lost! he should thank Vitali for the poor advice he gave to Wlad. But the narrative has been set and what a story it would be if he becomes the HW world champion again, it would be one of the biggest comebacks in the history of HW boxing and shades of Ali's triumph after his suspension

Joshua has bought in too many plastic fans who have no clue about boxing. I know people who went to his fight in Cardiff and they were saying it was full of couples who were disappointed he didn't knock out his opponent as this is what they think he will do to anyone. Im not sure if this is a deliberate ploy on his behalf to be such a person who attracts more people or if he is just plain boring.

Agreed if he can comeback into shape Fury deserves a good pay day. If the likes of Haye are milking people then Fury should be given a big fight. I would love him to knock out Haye first and then AJ to become world champion and then to retire.

Eubank has improved in certain ways but he hasn't been tested himself since the BJS fight, we will see how far he has come when he faces Groves a fight which is 50/50 but I give him the edge there. Yeah a lot has gone down in his life and right now but I still view him as an inspiration who is really misunderstood to the point where people overly focus on the negatives although there are instances where he could help himself better anyhow I don't see him beating many of the top names in the division because he has been inactive for too long and past his prime, plus he made his debut at a really young age and there is so much wear/tear, Kell Brook would certainly be easy work though, just keep jabbing his eye and the man will propose to you in the ring.

But if Khan does manage to win another world title it would be one of the biggest comebacks in british boxing history and he'd have a bit of redemption to but I find it hard to see how it would happen because am not sure the desire is there anymore, look at someone like Jorge Linares he has suffered even more defeats then Khan but lives and breaths boxing well into his 30's and is a lineal champion, Khan lives the life of a retired fighter on the other hand, majority of his time has been spend having to put up with faryal and a team full of dopey taxi drivers and doing charity all over the world or in shisha lounges / night clubs which is all fine but when you're serious about boxing you need to take care of your body physically and mentally, you got to be careful what you eat, do some light training even when you're not in camp and have a strong team behind you rather then thieving pakistani's or a snake for a wife. Say what you want about Floyd but no one trains harder then him which is why he has found success way past his prime and peak years. So that's my issue with him, like I think that he has been in the game too long and the hunger is no longer there and with the stuff which has gone on, am not sure if it is truly behind him, that is dangerous when you're stepping in the ring. Khan when he's in camp gives his all no doubt about that but the stuff beyond that and just the stage he is in his life right now don't know if he can beat any top 10 fighter at 147 outside Vargas, Peterson and Horn. Don't consider Brook to be in the top 10 and he's the easiest fight out there for him and get a decent return although am not sure because even the Sheffield hooligans have abandoned him after he proposed to spence.

Wasn't lucky enough to be around during Tysons prime but as a kid got to see all the battles involving Holyfield, Tyson and Lewis in the late 90's and 2000's even some relatives who were not fans of boxing would order the fights on PPV, that's the type of appeal those guys had was one hell of an era and add Naz to the mix who lit up the lower weight classes.

I hope so to Fury is my all time favourite british boxer after Naz :)) what you see is what you get, he's not perfect and I can relate to that because no one is and but I look for the positives and not robotic gimmicks which are built up by media with a high profile, lmao Firu rips all these guys apart for what they are. Not sure he will get to that level in 2015 because he has abused himself quiet a bit physically, but that guy would even give Lennox Lewis a good fight forget an AJ who moves like a mummy or a blind Wilder.
Agree with pretty much everything here. I think Eubank is the Wilder of the middleweight division, a good fighter made to look world class due to bum opponents. Khan on the other hand is just a tosspot for being such a crappy disgrace to us British apneh. The only way to untarnish the horrible reputation is like what you said, which is pretty unlikely. Would be nice to see him smash in pinkeye tho haha. Floyd is a tremendous athlete with tremendous work ethic. Leave aside how reta3rded the Connor fight was, the condition and composure he had reflected that of a prime athlete.

My favourite types of personalitys are those like Naseems and Fury. It's no surprise he's Fury's role model. His attitude aside, he was technically a super boxer too. Truly was one of a kind and a big inspiration to a lot of brown (arab, apnah etc) when it came to boxing. He's criminally underrated as a pure boxer and he's such jokes, just like fury- down to earth and not a robotic media pansy.

Agree with pretty much everything here. I think Eubank is the Wilder of the middleweight division, a good fighter made to look world class due to bum opponents. Khan on the other hand is just a tosspot for being such a crappy disgrace to us British apneh. The only way to untarnish the horrible reputation is like what you said, which is pretty unlikely. Would be nice to see him smash in pinkeye tho haha. Floyd is a tremendous athlete with tremendous work ethic. Leave aside how reta3rded the Connor fight was, the condition and composure he had reflected that of a prime athlete.

My favourite types of personalitys are those like Naseems and Fury. It's no surprise he's Fury's role model. His attitude aside, he was technically a super boxer too. Truly was one of a kind and a big inspiration to a lot of brown (arab, apnah etc) when it came to boxing. He's criminally underrated as a pure boxer and he's such jokes, just like fury- down to earth and not a robotic media pansy.

Apneh are full of crap themselves, atleast he worked hard to get to the position he's in although the journey hasn't been perfect and he does a lot of good to beyond the negatives; most of the guys that hate on him are bums that claim JSA and then fly the pak chandah outside the job centre :)) they live to be typical envious pakistani's that look to kick you when you're down and are everything they hate and more, in fact most of them self hate and have Anthony Joshua posters in their bedroom even though alot of folk like yourself and I know he's not what he's made out to be. Being world champion again would be a monumental achievement but unlikely and to be honest having Al Haymon as his manager has been a dreadful move, but if he can do some smart match making and get the fight with Horn it would be a big deal.

Very few fighters look at how hard he trains as well they are easily swayed by his luxurious lifestyle which is why am worried about Gervonta Davis, don't want him to end up like Adrien Broner. Fury is negatively portrayed in the media to who overly focus on his negatives when we all know the guy likes to joke a lot lol but he's probably one of the most down to earth guys in boxing and someone who you could easily approach, is AJ that guy? hell no. I was reading about Fury jogging and he saw that a fan wanted a picture so he told him to come jog with him :))) hope he can get to the 2015 level but honestly even if he's half good, AJ will be easy work but he needs to be careful to, have some tune ups and take his time to shake off the rust before getting into a world title fight

Joshua has bought in too many plastic fans who have no clue about boxing. I know people who went to his fight in Cardiff and they were saying it was full of couples who were disappointed he didn't knock out his opponent as this is what they think he will do to anyone. Im not sure if this is a deliberate ploy on his behalf to be such a person who attracts more people or if he is just plain boring.

Agreed if he can comeback into shape Fury deserves a good pay day. If the likes of Haye are milking people then Fury should be given a big fight. I would love him to knock out Haye first and then AJ to become world champion and then to retire.

lmao I know the type of people you are talking about, casuals. And it's a bit of bot, a ploy and he's extremely dull as well but maybe that also stems from him containing himself, you'd almost think AJ wishes he was a white guy for real. Am not sure what is left of Haye, think he is way past his prime now and too injury prone, he has a fight with Bellew next month so we will see what he has left, otherwise am not as interest in the fight as I was years ago when Haye/Fury was meant to happen twice but got cancelled each time due to injuries. But if Fury was to get back to the world level I'd love for him to deal with Wilder and AJ, but come to think of it I'd probably want to see him face Haye regardless because the build would be epic :))

Apneh are full of crap themselves, atleast he worked hard to get to the position he's in although the journey hasn't been perfect and he does a lot of good to beyond the negatives; most of the guys that hate on him are bums that claim JSA and then fly the pak chandah outside the job centre :)) they live to be typical envious pakistani's that look to kick you when you're down and are everything they hate and more, in fact most of them self hate and have Anthony Joshua posters in their bedroom even though alot of folk like yourself and I know he's not what he's made out to be. Being world champion again would be a monumental achievement but unlikely and to be honest having Al Haymon as his manager has been a dreadful move, but if he can do some smart match making and get the fight with Horn it would be a big deal.

Very few fighters look at how hard he trains as well they are easily swayed by his luxurious lifestyle which is why am worried about Gervonta Davis, don't want him to end up like Adrien Broner. Fury is negatively portrayed in the media to who overly focus on his negatives when we all know the guy likes to joke a lot lol but he's probably one of the most down to earth guys in boxing and someone who you could easily approach, is AJ that guy? hell no. I was reading about Fury jogging and he saw that a fan wanted a picture so he told him to come jog with him :))) hope he can get to the 2015 level but honestly even if he's half good, AJ will be easy work but he needs to be careful to, have some tune ups and take his time to shake off the rust before getting into a world title fight
Yeah I was one of his biggest defenders but after this recent fiasco I just couldn't take the guy seriously anymore. He married a modern girl, one he met at a ball and then expected her to be a typical ladylike housewife. Then he runs to twitter probably without even makin it clear he's dumping her that she's being divorced, get's AJ involved too lol and then drops a bit more controversial stuff. The amount he fought with his family over her was for what? And he's got a kid too that's gonna grow up with all this besty with her failure parents. The money and fame got to Amirs head, he became a pis5head and just overall a beghairat. It's a shame cos he was a top boxer and a pretty good role model for BritAsians. There's no doubt a lot of people who hated him needlessly that added extra masala due to personal vendettas, the same lot who can't get off AJs 3rd leg. The problem with some apneh is that they can't see another make it, it's sad considering we don't exactly have the best reputation as it is and Khan here was doing a very good job...till this twitter finger shi1t.

Gervonta Davis seems like a guy who would let fame get to his head, seems like a typical mouthy yank who thinks cos he's from some hood area that people would be scared of him. The same type of guy who defines success by money- sort of like most of the yank 'rappers' now. Would be a shame cos he seems pretty promising.

Then we got Fury on the other hand doing videos with jimmy hard nails aka zeeboiproductions and just generally being proper genuine, especially with us asians. He's a top bloke and is incredibly real. Best personality in boxing I'd say.

Last edited:
Back