Boxing Thread

@ All the real fight fans, here's a treat:

Excellent video highlights of Lomachenko's genius vs Marriaga

No clue at all but I believe it will be a fighter who campaigns at 140lb, I don't mind who he fights next as a warm up because the goal is not to elevate his profile in the ring but to see his mental state of mind, testing the new hand and getting rid of the ring rust then face Peterson in 2018 for the WBA regular world title.

What did Faryal say two posts down? I didn't manage to catch what she said. The way I see it, obviously Khan has been stressed out etc so he had a night out to blow off some steam with one of his mates and it has been blown out of proportion and all of a sudden everyone has turned into a mullah when they probably don't even do their stanjah properly. It also doesn't reflect well on our community when his mate is being abused as well, I get he's a muslim but when even the sheiks who are a lot more knowledgeable then us do not come to conclusive judgements who are the public to attack Amir or his mate; completely unnecessary plus many seem to be out of touch with regards to defining a modern muslim.

The media are also using this as an opportunity to paint this picture of us being incredibly intolerant and backwards when you read some of the comments around the web regarding this matter, a lot of the folk don't practice what they preach.

I think Peterson would be a good fight or even maybe Jeff Horn who although looked really good against Pacman , Khan should outbox him. I have a feeling Kell Brook wants the fight hoping to regain some respect but the way he lost, surely he way down the list now?

Faryal only posted a pic of her with her baby but even such a picture it's obvious her aim was to annoy Amir. Yes it's ridiculous how the community chop and change depending on what dirt they can throw at someone. The irony is those who speculate on others usually have the same or worse problems in their own homes!

I think Peterson would be a good fight or even maybe Jeff Horn who although looked really good against Pacman , Khan should outbox him. I have a feeling Kell Brook wants the fight hoping to regain some respect but the way he lost, surely he way down the list now?

Faryal only posted a pic of her with her baby but even such a picture it's obvious her aim was to annoy Amir. Yes it's ridiculous how the community chop and change depending on what dirt they can throw at someone. The irony is those who speculate on others usually have the same or worse problems in their own homes!

Wouldn't mind Jeff at all but with him being managed by Arum highly unlikely he will let him fight Khan, I just don't know what it is but Bob just has something against Amir don't know what it is. But I'd prefer Horn over Peterson because Horn has the WBO world title belt while Peterson has the regular portion of the WBA world title.

I agree with you that she was teasing him there and you're right highly respect your views, you could easily have slinged mud like other self righteous hypocrites that have no problem doing a bhangra over those whom they advocate as saints when it's far from the truth; people are very selective when it comes to their biased judgements and incredibly hypocritical. Like you said before, best thing now is to fast track the divorce and pay Faryal whatever she's required but the dispute over custody of their daughter could take months to resolve which is not ideal especially in Khan's case given how important 2018 will be as far as his career is concerned

People don't like it when the truth is spoken with regards to their self hate and inferior complex but another brilliant example was Nas, he was britians greatest fighter in my opinion but you didn't get the mullah brigade calling him out for his lifestyle; since we're taking the morale high ground it doesn't make sense to look beyond certain flaws due to the ATG ability alone in that instance right, it's quiet clear that a big chunk of Brit Paks self hate a lot and suffer from an inferior complex hence why the OTT vilifying of one of their hero's who is not perfect but has been an excellent ambassador be it through his charity endeavours, constantly speaking out against those who demonize muslims/Islam and a highly successful boxing career which could have been better but despite that achieved excellence and is a great inspiration when it comes to working hard, never giving up , not being demoralised by defeat and always believing in yourself; we don't have many Brit Pak role models and often find ourselves in the press for the negative stuff it's a shame that we sh!t on one of our own, look at the Irish community, they stick together and go from strength to strength [MENTION=136193]Adil_94[/MENTION]

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] amir gets too much hate from brit paks. Yes hes flawed n criticise his flaws but all u get is constant hate.

yeah hes partier n what not but he does genuinely care for the poor in pakistan and wants to give back home n abroad.

but the same people who cant reach in their pockets for a 1 pound charity donation try to take moral high ground with Amir.

Apparently if u are pakistani public figure u have to be an angel or saint now.

Wouldn't mind Jeff at all but with him being managed by Arum highly unlikely he will let him fight Khan, I just don't know what it is but Bob just has something against Amir don't know what it is. But I'd prefer Horn over Peterson because Horn has the WBO world title belt while Peterson has the regular portion of the WBA world title.

I agree with you that she was teasing him there and you're right highly respect your views, you could easily have slinged mud like other self righteous hypocrites that have no problem doing a bhangra over those whom they advocate as saints when it's far from the truth; people are very selective when it comes to their biased judgements and incredibly hypocritical. Like you said before, best thing now is to fast track the divorce and pay Faryal whatever she's required but the dispute over custody of their daughter could take months to resolve which is not ideal especially in Khan's case given how important 2018 will be as far as his career is concerned

Or perhaps he can come back down to 140 and take on Garcia, highly unlikely but would be a great match up?

That saying ' a woman sconered' will come to true unfotunantely in this case, she will miss the limelight and glamour of being around a famous boxer who is invited to all sorts of events and given VIP treatment wherever he goes. I think she will miss this more than her ex husband and will make his life difficult in the hope he gets back together with her.It doesn't matter what you do , people in our community love to talk. Look at Imran Khan the man sacrificed his life for Pakistan but still many there are personally attacking him. Sad world.

Or perhaps he can come back down to 140 and take on Garcia, highly unlikely but would be a great match up?

That saying ' a woman sconered' will come to true unfotunantely in this case, she will miss the limelight and glamour of being around a famous boxer who is invited to all sorts of events and given VIP treatment wherever he goes. I think she will miss this more than her ex husband and will make his life difficult in the hope he gets back together with her.It doesn't matter what you do , people in our community love to talk. Look at Imran Khan the man sacrificed his life for Pakistan but still many there are personally attacking him. Sad world.

Wouldn't be a bad fight at all plus Khan was such a beast at 140lb, but don't think he can make that weight; he probably walks around at 155-165; plus when he's not in camp, he doesn't train as much and loves restaurants like Akbars lol

So true, you always get uncalled for hate regardless unfortunately. Also, Khan's fight later in the year is 100% on and I've read they have an opponent in mind and are on the final phase of confirming the contracts, I believe an announcement was expected this week but after what has happened recently they could be waiting for things to cool down a bit. Since the fight is going ahead, Khan will have no choice but to try his best to 100% focus on the fight and just isolate himself from stuff to do with his ex-wife.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Some bad news, Martinez won't be facing Davis because he is struggling with the 130lb limit. Instead his opponent will be Francisco Fonseca who is not really a proper world title contender. However, Badou Jack who is moving up to the LHW division will take on Nathan Cleverly for his WBA regular title; it's the only decent fight on the Mayweather/McFake undercard

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Some bad news, Martinez won't be facing Davis because he is struggling with the 130lb limit. Instead his opponent will be Francisco Fonseca who is not really a proper world title contender. However, Badou Jack who is moving up to the LHW division will take on Nathan Cleverly for his WBA regular title; it's the only decent fight on the Mayweather/McFake undercard

I feel sorry for Jack poor guy easily beat Bute and clearly beat degale and still couldnt get the wins

I feel sorry for Jack poor guy easily beat Bute and clearly beat degale and still couldnt get the wins

I need to watch that Degale fight again didn't score it when I watched it live but it was incredibly competitive and I recall being satisfied with the draw in the end, Degale would probably rank in the top 5 most underrated fighters on the planet, perhaps Jack as well! Should be a good fight, I admire Clevely's fighting spirit; he falls down but he just keeps coming back every time I think he is done when it comes to his career in Boxing, it's the biggest fight of his career and I expect him to give it his all

I need to watch that Degale fight again didn't score it when I watched it live but it was incredibly competitive and I recall being satisfied with the draw in the end, Degale would probably rank in the top 5 most underrated fighters on the planet, perhaps Jack as well! Should be a good fight, I admire Clevely's fighting spirit; he falls down but he just keeps coming back every time I think he is done when it comes to his career in Boxing, it's the biggest fight of his career and I expect him to give it his all

It was a competitive fight, just felt you had to give every benefit of every doubt for Degale to get the draw. Jack nudged it.

As for Cleverly he has a great engine, but is way too easy to hit.Also doesnt really have the power to fight like he does on the world level.

You seen his fight with Fonfara that was a great scrap?

It was a competitive fight, just felt you had to give every benefit of every doubt for Degale to get the draw. Jack nudged it.

As for Cleverly he has a great engine, but is way too easy to hit.Also doesnt really have the power to fight like he does on the world level.

You seen his fight with Fonfara that was a great scrap?

Yeah I did really enjoyed it, think they broke some record for punches thrown in that weight class as well. With Ward moving up to CW, chances are Jack could become champion soon enough because he"ll fight for the vacant titles. The super annoying thing is that Adonis Chickenson while talented is a glorified matchroom stable fighter, he won't get in the ring with someone who remotely has a chance against him so I doubt he will face Kovalev or Jack

A shame as Davis needed a test. Has Cleverly regained any sort of him or confidence since his demolition by Kov , as I haven't seen much of him since then?

A shame as Davis needed a test. Has Cleverly regained any sort of him or confidence since his demolition by Kov , as I haven't seen much of him since then?

He was competetive in defeats to fonfara and bellew, recently became the first to KO brahmer who was a decent champion. So has rebounded quiet well when you look at the kovalev demolition

Looks like they called Paulie's bluff on the video.

Was getting pounded on by McGregor.

Looks like they called Paulie's bluff on the video.

Was getting pounded on by McGregor.

First clip wasn't a knockdown and you can see Cortez ruling it as such. Second clip he got caught with a good shot. Anyhow they only released 3 minutes of footage where he was doing well, Paulie sparred with him for longer then that....also bare in mind that Paulie was out of shape and recently retired after a loss to egginton; still it seems he did well enough to the point where Conor camp only released short clip rather then entire video, similarly they had done the same when sparring another fighter; but he had someone record the whole session and Conor didn't look so good in the entire footage which gave the whole picture; Paulie wasn't allowed to bring in any of his people or record the sessions

Last edited:
Legendary Japanese Bantamweight Shinsuke Yamanka suffers his first pro defeat to Mexican Nery, he just needed one more defence to tie the record for most title defences in the history of Japanese Boxing with 16; he's had one hell of a run, more then half a decade of dominance but age finally caught up. He cited Naseem Hamed as one of his inspirations and goodness me he posses a left which almost compares to the Prince, Shinksue style is very similar to Manny although he relies on pivot and side step with not as much deviation when it comes to the lateral movement Manny and Lomachenko are capable off.

Nery was a solid prospect but there were so many question marks, I didn't know what his punch resistance and power were like; his fundamentals were sound, nice tight defence, is great at cutting you off and doesn't stand too square either. His head movement is pretty good to and while he avoided a number of those dangerous lefts he did take quiet a few and displayed a tremendous chin, after the retirement of Marquez this guy is the future of Mexican Boxing.

Shinksuke timing was a off, his movements were not confident, body language was a little poor as well but he gave it everything; unfortunately it may just be a case of deteriorating physical attributes that finally got the better of him but full credit to the Mexican; Nery took his best and gunned him down, that can be energy sapping during a fight when you give your best shot with not as much effect and it also takes the spring out your punches. Nery had Shinsuke out on his feet on a number of occasions, then during the 4th his trainer threw in the towel, Shinsuke had the hopes of an entire nation behind him, he is so popular in his country; was sad to see him leave the ring in tears before bowing to his home fans and leaving the ring perhaps for the final time.

But what a career he has had, for a long while he has been in the top 10 P4P fighters list of most publications and has remained the best at 118lb

Last edited:
#EndofAnEra :(

This is a great video package of Shinsuke's greatest highlights, you will really enjoy it guys (SCARY power in his left) :

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] We take such genius's for granted especially their dominance, it's only when they're gone that we appreciate them even more. It's also unfortunate that at times the lower weight classes can get lost in the shuffle but people did give Shinsuke well deserved recognition, Nas paved the way for these blokes and inspired a generation; also bough attention to the lower weights which they had not received before and ever since I'd say generally things are better but would be nice if there was a bigger spotlight on the likes of Gonzalez and Shinsuke.

All of Shinsuke's mid to late round stoppages in fights he has been put under pressure have come from his incredible ability to adapt to his opponents style / game plan and find the necessary openings for him to put them away with 'God's left' as they like to call it. On this occasion the younger and stronger Mexican proved to be too much, perhaps the elite power has diminished as well ? he's 34 years old now and there's a lot of wear/tear from 6 years of world title fights. A part of me wants to see the rematch to set the record straight but given the nature of his defeat think it's the end

Legendary Japanese Bantamweight Shinsuke Yamanka suffers his first pro defeat to Mexican Nery, he just needed one more defence to tie the record for most title defences in the history of Japanese Boxing with 16; he's had one hell of a run, more then half a decade of dominance but age finally caught up. He cited Naseem Hamed as one of his inspirations and goodness me he posses a left which almost compares to the Prince, Shinksue style is very similar to Manny although he relies on pivot and side step with not as much deviation when it comes to the lateral movement Manny and Lomachenko are capable off.

Nery was a solid prospect but there were so many question marks, I didn't know what his punch resistance and power were like; his fundamentals were sound, nice tight defence, is great at cutting you off and doesn't stand too square either. His head movement is pretty good to and while he avoided a number of those dangerous lefts he did take quiet a few and displayed a tremendous chin, after the retirement of Marquez this guy is the future of Mexican Boxing.

Shinksuke timing was a off, his movements were not confident, body language was a little poor as well but he gave it everything; unfortunately it may just be a case of deteriorating physical attributes that finally got the better of him but full credit to the Mexican; Nery took his best and gunned him down, that can be energy sapping during a fight when you give your best shot with not as much effect and it also takes the spring out your punches. Nery had Shinsuke out on his feet on a number of occasions, then during the 4th his trainer threw in the towel, Shinsuke had the hopes of an entire nation behind him, he is so popular in his country; was sad to see him leave the ring in tears before bowing to his home fans and leaving the ring perhaps for the final time.

But what a career he has had, for a long while he has been in the top 10 P4P fighters list of most publications and has remained the best at 118lb

Great career, I haven't watched his last fight but from the past this fighter had a massive heart along with a serious power. I hope he paves the way for more fighters to rise out of Japan. It's a nation which should produce a lot of fighters in the lower weight divisions. Any other potentials you're aware of out of Japan?

Great career, I haven't watched his last fight but from the past this fighter had a massive heart along with a serious power. I hope he paves the way for more fighters to rise out of Japan. It's a nation which should produce a lot of fighters in the lower weight divisions. Any other potentials you're aware of out of Japan?

Takuma Inoue is a fresh prospect who seems fairly skilled, he could be world champion in the future. Then you have these guys who are all world champion and have just emerged as talents that could potentially dominate the lower divisions for a while, Naoya Inoue, Daigo Higa, Kosei Tanaka and Sho Kimura.

My favourite out of the new generation is Daigo Higa, great at applying pressure, nice tight defence and packs a real punch; has some defensive weaknesses but that's a part of the excitement he brings to the ring but he needs to stop relying on his chin holding up but he tends to relish a war lol. 22 years young, claimed the WBC flyweight title in his 13th fight and boasts a record of 13 wins and 13 knockouts.

This is the finish of his most recent fight when he claimed the WBC world title in May 2017:

Hernandez was no slouch, world class experienced operator who was going to be a big test for him and it's always tougher facing the champion rather then fighting for a vacant belt

Also worth pointing out that Muhammad Waseem could face Higa for the world title being the no.1 ranked fighter in WBC rankings, come to think of it he's as much of a threat as Selby [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] maybe even more dangerous. Anyhow regardless of whether Waseem faces Selby or Higa, think we could see an absolutely explosive fight and potential fight of the year candidate

Last edited:
[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] retired from the Boxing thread the moment his hero quit in sheffield:

nintchdbpict000327393812.jpg

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

Amir is in good spirits, good to see:

Some English fans were a bit rude you could tell trying to get pictures but he remained respectful and said 1 sec let me finish the interview, has always been good with the fans credit where due. He's in Vegas for the Floyd exhibition show ;)

I'd be surprised if Jack does not win, may even get the stoppage.

It will be a morale victory for Cleverly if he lasts the distance, I wouldn't be surprised though because he's a seriously tough bloke. Safe to say his best bet is stopping Jack, can't see him outboxing Jack

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

Amir is in good spirits, good to see:

Some English fans were a bit rude you could tell trying to get pictures but he remained respectful and said 1 sec let me finish the interview, has always been good with the fans credit where due. He's in Vegas for the Floyd exhibition show ;)

I think being back in around boxing, training is helping him relax and be upbeat. He says he wants to return in November so he must have an opponent in mind as it's only a couple of months away?

Also Pac and Horn will re-match in Brisbane again? How do you see Pac approaching it this time round?

Also thanks for your earlier posts , great read mate. I cant really add much as you are far more knowledgeable. :)

Last edited:
I think being back in around boxing, training is helping him relax and be upbeat. He says he wants to return in November so he must have an opponent in mind as it's only a couple of months away?

Also Pac and Horn will re-match in Brisbane again? How do you see Pac approaching it this time round?

Also thanks for your earlier posts , great read mate. I cant really add much as you are far more knowledgeable. :)

Amir is in good shape, he has been training since Ramadan ended. Good to see he's doing well. The fight is expected soon and they defo have an opponent in mind, papers may have been signed as well I reckon but you know how timing is important for promoters when it comes to promotion.

Manny will come out a lot more aggressive and look for the KO, he will know that if it goes to the cards he will get screwed again; Arum is such a corrupt genius. He had already signed Horn who now has a belt at 147 but his star pupil for the future has always been Crawford and he recently became the first to unify the 140lb division by winning every championship possible; Crawford is expected to move up to 147 and with Horn at Top Rank, Arum will hope to match Crawford/Horn for the WBO world title at 147 and keep that title in-house and use it as leverage during negotiations for future Crawford fights. Manny's final obligation to Arum was his fight with Horn more recently but he will be forced to work with him one last time because of the rematch, hopefully Manny gets the KO and ruins his plans; then Manny can face Amir in a farewell bout for the WBO world title and make a big buck at the same time.

You're a top poster on Boxing as well mate, I just seen on Sky News the fight was scheduled for 154 pounds; Conor weighs 153 while Floyd weights 149.5lb ! Conor may look at that as a big advantage but I look at that and see that despite what Floyd has been saying in the build with regards to partying and not giving a damn he has actually worked really really hard and taken the fight very seriously. There's a lot on the line and while I share the same view as you with regards to putting the sport in this position, I think he can vindicate everything by absolutely humiliating Conor on every level

Amir is in good shape, he has been training since Ramadan ended. Good to see he's doing well. The fight is expected soon and they defo have an opponent in mind, papers may have been signed as well I reckon but you know how timing is important for promoters when it comes to promotion.

Manny will come out a lot more aggressive and look for the KO, he will know that if it goes to the cards he will get screwed again; Arum is such a corrupt genius. He had already signed Horn who now has a belt at 147 but his star pupil for the future has always been Crawford and he recently became the first to unify the 140lb division by winning every championship possible; Crawford is expected to move up to 147 and with Horn at Top Rank, Arum will hope to match Crawford/Horn for the WBO world title at 147 and keep that title in-house and use it as leverage during negotiations for future Crawford fights. Manny's final obligation to Arum was his fight with Horn more recently but he will be forced to work with him one last time because of the rematch, hopefully Manny gets the KO and ruins his plans; then Manny can face Amir in a farewell bout for the WBO world title and make a big buck at the same time.

You're a top poster on Boxing as well mate, I just seen on Sky News the fight was scheduled for 154 pounds; Conor weighs 153 while Floyd weights 149.5lb ! Conor may look at that as a big advantage but I look at that and see that despite what Floyd has been saying in the build with regards to partying and not giving a damn he has actually worked really really hard and taken the fight very seriously. There's a lot on the line and while I share the same view as you with regards to putting the sport in this position, I think he can vindicate everything by absolutely humiliating Conor on every level

I agree I can see Manny coming out much stronger asserting himself on Horn early on but I think Horn will respond likewise which could be some really explosive early rounds. Pacman still has the power to seriously hurt Horn or knock him out mid fight onwards. I cant see Horn winning this and a fight with Amir would be perfect for both boxers and fans alike.

I know Floyd will win but I really want him to make a fool out of McGregor. I mean Floyd makes him hit air with all sort of strange angles and hits him at will whenever he wants. But tbh this is a total fix I believe. When both opponents are only fighting for money, they will be not just making the official money. Boxing is not corruption free. I predict a McGregor stoppage between 5-7 rounds.

I agree I can see Manny coming out much stronger asserting himself on Horn early on but I think Horn will respond likewise which could be some really explosive early rounds. Pacman still has the power to seriously hurt Horn or knock him out mid fight onwards. I cant see Horn winning this and a fight with Amir would be perfect for both boxers and fans alike.

I know Floyd will win but I really want him to make a fool out of McGregor. I mean Floyd makes him hit air with all sort of strange angles and hits him at will whenever he wants. But tbh this is a total fix I believe. When both opponents are only fighting for money, they will be not just making the official money. Boxing is not corruption free. I predict a McGregor stoppage between 5-7 rounds.

Am a huge fan of Manny and want him to win, the other reason why I want him to win is because I know that if Horn retains the WBO strap no way is Arum even considering Khan/Horn for the title. Am predicting and hoping for a Manny stoppage win.

I totally agree, it's amazing though isn't it the build has been extraordinary and the odds on Conor beating Floyd are better then there were for Canelo beating Floyd ! Floyd is guaranteed 100 million while Conor about 30 but both will make quiet a bit on top of that when the financials are released.

If you tell an Irish man their man got no chance they would take it personally :)) I respect their unity anyhow, really tight knit group.

:yk2

Last edited by a moderator:

Michelle and Kugan are my favourite Boxing journalists, both are a credit to the sport

Miguel Cotto claimed the WBO light middleweight defeating Kamegai emphatically on points, the legend had been inactive for 2 years and is now targetting a farewell bout in December against a high profile opponent; his coach says the GGG/Canelo winner but am not sure if they would be available in December. What if it's Amir Khan ! [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] could he move up to 154 ? :)) unlikely but not far off and he's available around then as well but he's working with Golden Boy who manage Canelo

Miguel Cotto claimed the WBO light middleweight defeating Kamegai emphatically on points, the legend had been inactive for 2 years and is now targetting a farewell bout in December against a high profile opponent; his coach says the GGG/Canelo winner but am not sure if they would be available in December. What if it's Amir Khan ! [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] could he move up to 154 ? :)) unlikely but not far off and he's available around then as well but he's working with Golden Boy who manage Canelo

Cotto has been very underrated, he's always faced any challengers and Im happy he won(yet to watch it).

I think GGG or Canelo is too much for the veteran now and I agree Khan would be a good opponent for him and for Khan. Would be a very tough bout for Khan but he should win by outboxing him.

Cotto has been very underrated, he's always faced any challengers and Im happy he won(yet to watch it).

I think GGG or Canelo is too much for the veteran now and I agree Khan would be a good opponent for him and for Khan. Would be a very tough bout for Khan but he should win by outboxing him.

I contacted both their promoters to suggest the fight on social media :yk :)) I think the biggest concern for Khan would be the weight, after the loss to Canelo I think it was at 155 they probably don't want to take the risk at 154 but it would be a big opportunity for him, beating a big name and not only becoming champion again but becoming a 2 weight world champion would be the biggest accomplishment of his career and Cotto is a big name to who a few years earlier arguably beat Canelo but didn't get the decision, was a close fight.

Do you think 154 would be a huge issue for him given what happened in the previous fight against Canelo ? to be fair Cotto is not as big a unit as Canelo so it's a bit intriguing, if Cotto was still at 147 I would go all out to make that fight

I contacted both their promoters to suggest the fight on social media :yk :)) I think the biggest concern for Khan would be the weight, after the loss to Canelo I think it was at 155 they probably don't want to take the risk at 154 but it would be a big opportunity for him, beating a big name and not only becoming champion again but becoming a 2 weight world champion would be the biggest accomplishment of his career and Cotto is a big name to who a few years earlier arguably beat Canelo but didn't get the decision, was a close fight.

Do you think 154 would be a huge issue for him given what happened in the previous fight against Canelo ? to be fair Cotto is not as big a unit as Canelo so it's a bit intriguing, if Cotto was still at 147 I would go all out to make that fight

Yes, Canelo ended up much bigger than him in the ring but as you say Cotto is smaller. Perhaps they can come up with a catch weight? I heard Amir says he will only look to fight at 147 now but if offered a good deal against Cotto im sure he wont mind moving up a few lbs to secure the bout. Contact the promoters again and put this forward lol

Yes, Canelo ended up much bigger than him in the ring but as you say Cotto is smaller. Perhaps they can come up with a catch weight? I heard Amir says he will only look to fight at 147 now but if offered a good deal against Cotto im sure he wont mind moving up a few lbs to secure the bout. Contact the promoters again and put this forward lol

They will have a bit of doubt in their minds but I think Cotto at 154 is still a beatable opponent for Amir Khan, will contact them might be pointless but I hope they consider it as an option :)) I read an article on Boxing Scene today which was dated from 29th August that the names doing the rounds as potential Cotto opponents are GGG/Canelo, David Lemieux and Amir Khan.

We can rule out GGG/Canelo because Cotto wants to fight in December, then it's between Khan and David; Cotto will make more money facing Khan whilst seeing him as a lower risk opponent because David is a big unit. So maybe there is a chance it could happen, Khan did say he wanted a tune up this year and would only compete at 147 so we"ll see

Read this [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...i-doping-hearing-still-has-no-resumption-date

Tyson Fury's UK Anti-Doping hearing still has no resumption date

Just reading the article gives me a headache am not sure what UKAD and BBCC are playing at, this should have been done and over with a while back. I feel as if at this stage the right thing to do would be for Tyson to sue these people, clearly there seems to be some foul play. The prohibited substance accusation came a year after he had apparently failed a test strangely and while the concerns with regards to his mental health are understandable he has made progress, but delaying the hearing is just weird and incredibly unprofessional :floyd :floyd

They will have a bit of doubt in their minds but I think Cotto at 154 is still a beatable opponent for Amir Khan, will contact them might be pointless but I hope they consider it as an option :)) I read an article on Boxing Scene today which was dated from 29th August that the names doing the rounds as potential Cotto opponents are GGG/Canelo, David Lemieux and Amir Khan.

We can rule out GGG/Canelo because Cotto wants to fight in December, then it's between Khan and David; Cotto will make more money facing Khan whilst seeing him as a lower risk opponent because David is a big unit. So maybe there is a chance it could happen, Khan did say he wanted a tune up this year and would only compete at 147 so we"ll see

Your a lot more confident then I am. I feel Cotto would batter him.

Your a lot more confident then I am. I feel Cotto would batter him.

Cotto would certainly start as favourite, just saying it's not as tall a task as Canelo. 60/40 in Cotto's favour, the points win is not beyond Khan; he'd have to box out of his skin.

Cotto would certainly start as favourite, just saying it's not as tall a task as Canelo. 60/40 in Cotto's favour, the points win is not beyond Khan; he'd have to box out of his skin.

What makes you give Khan a 40% chance? Cotto does everything better other than speed, which doesn't really matter as Garcia, Peterson, Prescott etc have proven.

Cotto has a much better jab so he will land first.

What makes you give Khan a 40% chance? Cotto does everything better other than speed, which doesn't really matter as Garcia, Peterson, Prescott etc have proven.

Cotto has a much better jab so he will land first.

That's why I give him a 60% shot because of his power and pressure, it would be ignorant write off Khan who's not an easy fighter to win rounds against given his movement and speed as we saw in vs Maidana and even more recently against Canelo until he got caught. I don't believe Cotto's Jab would land first unless his feet or hands can keep up with Khan and I highly doubt that; his goal will be to cut him off, work the body, slow him down and then stop him.

[MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION] no fighter has ever been able to out jab Khan , I know you're a big Cotto fan but come on dude :)) no way would he hold the centre with his Jab, I would be shocked if he did in his prime never mind at 37. People don't appreciate Khan's boxing ability and his raw tools due to his poor in-ring IQ which is the main reason Cotto has a 60% shot and also due to his pressure / power but we've seen him struggle against fighters who move well and are quick, Floyd / Manny ; in fact I'd put a wager on Thurman to beat him

[MENTION=396]mani1[/MENTION] no fighter has ever been able to out jab Khan , I know you're a big Cotto fan but come on dude :)) no way would he hold the centre with his Jab, I would be shocked if he did in his prime never mind at 37. People don't appreciate Khan's boxing ability and his raw tools due to his poor in-ring IQ which is the main reason Cotto has a 60% shot and also due to his pressure / power but we've seen him struggle against fighters who move well and are quick, Floyd / Manny ; in fact I'd put a wager on Thurman to beat him

Who has Khan fought that has an even half decent jab? Peterson?

Who has Khan fought that has an even half decent jab? Peterson?

And he beat Peterson didn't he unless you count all the foul play and steroids a legitimate victory, his jab has been compared with that of Oscar De La Hoya and I find it shocking that anyone would suggest he'd lose the battle of the Jab against against fighters with inferior movement and speed

And he beat Peterson didn't he unless you count all the foul play and steroids a legitimate victory, his jab has been compared with that of Oscar De La Hoya and I find it shocking that anyone would suggest he'd lose the battle of the Jab against against fighters with inferior movement and speed

even if he beat him he went life and death with a guy whom lost every round to Timothy and got blasted out by Matthsy.
Cotto even a severely faded cotto is a whole different ballgame.

Last edited:
even if he beat him he went life and death with a guy whom lost every round to Timothy and got blasted out by Matthsy

Timothy Bradley is a high calibre boxer and has been one of the best at 140 for years, he has a win over JMM after he had KO'd Manny. Matthyse is another solid fighter with respectable power and for a while was considered a very dangerous opponent at 140, when you step up losses are inevitable unless you rate talents like Brook who remain undefeated for a long period feasting on bums. Peterson is a very good boxer so it's no surprise that he competed with Khan although that was him on a good night with the support of steroids and shady reffing vs a Khan on a bad night, and still he couldn't dominate.

But all of this is irrelevant when we are directly comparing the tools of Cotto / Khan

Who has the quicker feet and hands ? it is Amir. So it's beyond me that he would out Jab Amir and out box him, now am not suggesting he wouldn't stop him because that's how you beat Khan; you stop him, he's not a fighter you're going to out point over the distance more often then not

Last edited:
Timothy Bradley is a high calibre boxer and has been one of the best at 140 for years, he has a win over JMM after he had KO'd Manny. Matthyse is another solid fighter with respectable power and for a while was considered a very dangerous opponent at 140, when you step up losses are inevitable unless you rate talents like Brook who remain undefeated for a long period feasting on bums. Peterson is a very good boxer so it's no surprise that he competed with Khan although that was him on a good night with the support of steroids and shady reffing vs a Khan on a bad night, and still he couldn't dominate.

But all of this is irrelevant when we are directly comparing the tools of Cotto / Khan

Who has the quicker feet and hands ? it is Amir. So it's beyond me that he would out Jab Amir and out box him, now am not suggesting he wouldn't stop him because that's how you beat Khan; you stop him, he's not a fighter you're going to out point over the distance more often then not

The fight isn't going to happen. Has Khan retired?

I'm suggesting Cotto could beat Khan any way he wanted. Also Khan has terrible footwork. Watch him against Diaz or Algeri.

Who is the best boxer Khan has outboxed. Is it Paulie or Judah

Last edited:
The fight isn't going to happen. Has Khan retired?

I'm suggesting Cotto could beat Khan any way he wanted. Also Khan has terrible footwork. Watch him against Diaz or Algeri

It's useless using examples of fights where he had a bad night, but for majority of his career his movement has been excellent in addition to his speed; we also saw these on display more recently against Canelo so it is beyond me how anyone could suggest that Cotto could beat him how he liked because his best shot is to stop him. Cotto wants a low risk high reward opponent for his final fight in December, Khan has not retired and has stated he will have a tune up fight in the same month this year; surely both teams could work something out but weight is a big issue since Khan wants to campaign at 147 while Cotto fights at 154, other options for Cotto include David Lemieux but that's about it because he'd want a nice pay day to so the other challenging prospects like Charlo are unlikely to be viable options for him in terms of money

It's useless using examples of fights where he had a bad night, but for majority of his career his movement has been excellent in addition to his speed; we also saw these on display more recently against Canelo so it is beyond me how anyone could suggest that Cotto could beat him how he liked because his best shot is to stop him. Cotto wants a low risk high reward opponent for his final fight in December, Khan has not retired and has stated he will have a tune up fight in the same month this year; surely both teams could work something out but weight is a big issue since Khan wants to campaign at 147 while Cotto fights at 154, other options for Cotto include David Lemieux but that's about it because he'd want a nice pay day to so the other challenging prospects like Charlo are unlikely to be viable options for him in terms of money

Could you see Khan still being successful and holding on to a strap or 2? Me personally I think he is done.

Could you see Khan still being successful and holding on to a strap or 2? Me personally I think he is done.

I think he's done as well, would be a monumental achievement if he becomes world champion; think he can compete and remain in entertaining fights but feel like physically and mentally he is really banged up. Amir is very dedicated during training camp and gives his all during a fight but the problem is the stuff outside the ring, he behaves like a retired fighter and the personal issues don't help either; I have read reports that Faryal is also set to get half his wealth [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] I find that disgusting, we know what fighters go through; say what you want about Amir but it's his blood, sweat, tears and sacrifice during his boxing career which has enabled the accumulation of his wealth.

I think he's done as well, would be a monumental achievement if he becomes world champion; think he can compete and remain in entertaining fights but feel like physically and mentally he is really banged up. Amir is very dedicated during training camp and gives his all during a fight but the problem is the stuff outside the ring, he behaves like a retired fighter and the personal issues don't help either; I have read reports that Faryal is also set to get half his wealth [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] I find that disgusting, we know what fighters go through; say what you want about Amir but it's his blood, sweat, tears and sacrifice during his boxing career which has enabled the accumulation of his wealth.

I've heard Khan is saying he is going to have a come back fight then he wants Peterson.

I've heard Khan is saying he is going to have a come back fight then he wants Peterson.

Yeah Peterson has the WBA regular title to which is like a portion of a world title, it's really weird because the WBA have an interim championship to and I see the regular as a belt in the same vein but they actually classify it as a world title. But I'd think it would bring Khan closer to becoming Thurman's mandatory, the two are advised by Haymon regardless so if they want to fight I don't see any real barrier next year providing Amir beats Peterson

Yeah Peterson has the WBA regular title to which is like a portion of a world title, it's really weird because the WBA have an interim championship to and I see the regular as a belt in the same vein but they actually classify it as a world title. But I'd think it would bring Khan closer to becoming Thurman's mandatory, the two are advised by Haymon regardless so if they want to fight I don't see any real barrier next year providing Amir beats Peterson

Too be honest I just want to hear less talk and more ring time from Khan.

Fight domestic level guy in Bolton etc and then pursue Peterson. This time if the fight occurs I hope Khan sits down on his punches a lot more and makes him think twice about coming on the inside.

Read this [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION]

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...i-doping-hearing-still-has-no-resumption-date

Tyson Fury's UK Anti-Doping hearing still has no resumption date

Just reading the article gives me a headache am not sure what UKAD and BBCC are playing at, this should have been done and over with a while back. I feel as if at this stage the right thing to do would be for Tyson to sue these people, clearly there seems to be some foul play. The prohibited substance accusation came a year after he had apparently failed a test strangely and while the concerns with regards to his mental health are understandable he has made progress, but delaying the hearing is just weird and incredibly unprofessional :floyd :floyd

I think he is being sidelined unfairly because he has been outspoken, so they are using this to get back at him. This is his career, his livelihood which is in question now. The British boxing board need sort this out asap so Fury can get back into the ring. I don't know if he'll be as good as before but he will give it his best shot.

Wow, if there was any doubt left with regards to the first fight; it has all been put to rest now, Srisaket Sor Rungvisai concussively knocks out former four weight world champion Roman Gonzales who had been ranked no.1 in the P4P list for a while. During the first fight in March this year, Gonzales was dropped and repeatedly headbutted enroute to a points lost which was disputed; Rungvisai really roughed him and was highly competitive during the fight but many felt Gonzales had done enough given his superior work rate during the fight, I thought he had just nicked the decision as well.

Anyhow a high profile rematch was booked immediately and sky sports aired the fight last night along with Estrada/Cuadras (unexpectedly was a fight of the year candidate thoroughly enjoyed it) and Inoue/Nieves in a super flyweight spectacular !

Gonzales was barely in the fight from bell one, his body language was very poor and he was extremely trigger shy; he stood very square as well. Rungvsai worked the body just like in the previous fight but his work rate was vastly improved, Gonzales simply could not get out the blocks due to Rungvisai's speed, power and pressure; he was unable to sustain any kind of offence. The brutal knockout came in round 4 when Gonzales was initially dropped by a short right hook when Gonzales left hand had been dropped too low while he was throwing a right, it may have happened instinctively given how Rungvisai had been mixing his offence between head and body, then he'd finish him with another devastating right hook when he got back up.

Full credit to Rungvsai and Gonzales has been a great champion but it has to be said that mentally he didn't seem to be in the fight, many people felt he won the fist encounter but psychologically it seems the defeat affected him a fair amount. Gonzales is at his best moving well and keeping you off with his combination punching but with him being trigger shy and Rungvsai boxing his ears off at the same time he was unable to anything in the fight, he was obviously made to feel his power to which may have had an effect on him and the move up in weight could also have been an issue but he did really well in the previous encounter.

However the power may not have been there having moved up unlike his previous jumps up the weight class. Incredible win for Rungvisai though, he absolutely belongs amongst the elite after this emphatic win and he looked the part to during his magnificent performance

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Am annoyed that Kal Yafai was not the first to emphatically beat Gonzales because I feel he had the chance to do it; would have elevated him in the sport on a mainstream level, Gonzales could retire after this fight and even if Kal were to beat him now folk would say that oh Gonzales was a beaten man already after what Rungvisai did to him. Rungvisai is a dangerous opponent but Kal has the style to beat him on points but his chin will also need to hold up and it hasn't really been tested yet.

Am not sure where Gonzales goes from here, when you're not in the ring mentally it may be the best thing to retire; defeat is a strange beast, it affects people in unique fashion and in this instance Gonzales began to doubt himself. But he's a fighter and I think he will continue, a third fight with Rungvisai is predictable but I wouldn't be in a hurry to get in the ring with him. Kal could still pursue Gonzales because he's a big name and were he to beat him while folk would not rate it as much, it would still put his name out there amongst the best.

Financial Adviser Who Stole From Mike Tyson Sent To Prison

http://www.boxingscene.com/financial-adviser-who-stole-from-mike-tyson-sent-prison--120336

"

A financial adviser who stole from clients including heavyweight champion Mike Tyson and basketball star Glen Rice was sentenced Wednesday to 33 months in prison and ordered to repay $1 million.
Brian Ourand, 56, a former executive with a Washington, District of Columbia-based management group owned by Live Nation Entertainment, pleaded guilty in federal court in February to one count of wire fraud and agreed to pay back $1 million that he embezzled from Tyson, Rice and two other athletes and spent on personal services, travel, dining and gambling debts, among other purchases.
"All I can say is I am sorry for the pain, shame and embarrassment that I caused for the clients, and for family and friends," said Ourand now of Chicago. His defense had sought a sentence of one year, citing letters of support from family members, colleagues, friends, teachers and another client, basketball player Rod Strickland.

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan disagreed, saying, "the position of trust that you abused," the nature of the offense, Ourand's relatively privileged background "and the egregious manner in which you stole from clients merits a higher sentence."
Chutkan cited letters known as victim impact statements filed by Tyson and his wife, Lakiha Spicer, who said Ourand was so close to them he attended their wedding, helped them through the accidental death of their 4-year-old daughter in 2009 and advised Tyson through his bankruptcy.
"You became one in a long line of people who betrayed them and stole from them," Chutkan said, adding, "Just because you're famous, just because you're rich, doesn't mean you can't be hurt or can't be a victim."
The letters were filed with the court Aug. 28 as part of a pre-sentencing report that is not typically made public.
Ourand, a former executive of SFX Financial Advisory Management Enterprises, was separately found guilty last year of misappropriating client funds by the Securities and Exchange Commission and ordered to pay another $1 million - to return $671,367 plus interest and pay a $300,000 civil penalty.
An SEC judge named Ourand's victims as Tyson, who filed a $5 million lawsuit against SFX in Los Angeles in February 2013, Rice and basketball star Dikembe Mutombo. SFX reached an agreement or settled a lawsuit to repay each client.
The SEC alleged that Ourand was fired by SFX after having written checks and initiated wire transfers from client accounts for his own benefit from 2006 until his dismissal in August 2011.
Asked by Chutkan on Wednesday why he did it, Ourand replied that on advice of his assistant federal defender he could not comment, citing the SEC prosecution.
Under the plea deal with the U.S. attorney's office for the District, Ourand agreed to pay back $1 million, mostly to SFX, for losses including $546,168 he stole between 2006 and 2011 from Tyson; $265,124 from Rice; $182,957 from a player identified by the SEC as Mutombo; and $8,141 from an unidentified fourth athlete.
In charging documents, the U.S. attorney's office for the District alleged that the embezzlement scheme began as early as May 2003. The indictment listed Ourand's expenditures with the stolen money, including a $2,466 stay at the Renaissance Hotel in Chicago, dental work, Nordstrom Rack clothing, dry cleaning and treatment at a tanning salon.
Other expenses allegedly included private school tuition for a relative of a girlfriend.
Ourand has split time since 2015 among Miami; West Palm Beach, Florida; and Chicago, federal filings show. He told Chutkan that he also has a residence in the Lake Michigan resort town of New Buffalo, Michigan.

"

Justice for Mike, there must be so many other thieves who done him over but they got away. Not this fella though :akhtar

Looking forward to GGG smashing some holes in canelo at weekend and winning by late stoppage. Should be a good competitive fight though.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Am annoyed that Kal Yafai was not the first to emphatically beat Gonzales because I feel he had the chance to do it; would have elevated him in the sport on a mainstream level, Gonzales could retire after this fight and even if Kal were to beat him now folk would say that oh Gonzales was a beaten man already after what Rungvisai did to him. Rungvisai is a dangerous opponent but Kal has the style to beat him on points but his chin will also need to hold up and it hasn't really been tested yet.

Am not sure where Gonzales goes from here, when you're not in the ring mentally it may be the best thing to retire; defeat is a strange beast, it affects people in unique fashion and in this instance Gonzales began to doubt himself. But he's a fighter and I think he will continue, a third fight with Rungvisai is predictable but I wouldn't be in a hurry to get in the ring with him. Kal could still pursue Gonzales because he's a big name and were he to beat him while folk would not rate it as much, it would still put his name out there amongst the best.

I agree it's nice to have big names on your resume and Kal deserves such an opportunity.

How do you feel about his next fight against Ishida ? I think this will be a nice work out for Kal against a taller guy who has a good jab. Kal is good inside so Im hoping to see some nice uppercuts from him.

I agree it's nice to have big names on your resume and Kal deserves such an opportunity.

How do you feel about his next fight against Ishida ? I think this will be a nice work out for Kal against a taller guy who has a good jab. Kal is good inside so Im hoping to see some nice uppercuts from him.

I agree with your assessment, Ishida is a decent contender and Japanese blokes are so tough but you'd expect Kal to get the victory in style, hope he can get the stoppage even though it will be tough, never easy to knock out guys from that part of the world they're very resilient. The positive is that Kal will have a lot of eye balls on him, AJ/Pulev has already sold 70K tickets in Cardiff and you can expect a pretty good PPV buy rate on sky as well; believe they've broken the previous attendance record set by Ali in the same stadium.

Jamie Foxx Preparing To Play Mike Tyson in New Motion Picture

http://www.boxingscene.com/jamie-foxx-preparing-play-mike-tyson-new-motion-picture--120435

"

Hollywood actor Jamie Foxx is preparing to play former undisputed heavyweight champion Mike Tyson in a biopic of the controversial boxer.

The 49-year-old actor - who previously won an Academy Award for his portrayal of music star Ray Charles - has agreed a deal to star as the New York-born icon, whose career was blighted by numerous controversies.
A source said: ''Jamie went to a couple of sessions with his trainer in the gym for this movie. 'He looked quite good throwing a few jabs and crosses against the pads. But when he tried a bit of sparring, he didn't fare so well. 'He took a couple of hooks and walked out. He knows if he wants to play Iron Mike then he needs to improve that side of his game.''

Legendary director Martin Scorsese is reportedly keen to helm the project, while Mike has also given Jamie a helping hand with his preparations.

The insider told The Sun newspaper: ''Mike knows it is Jamie's dream to play him and they have talked about gym work and how he could put him through his paces.
''The only thing is that if they go sparring and Mike connects, Jamie may never make any movie again.''
MIke, 51, is still the youngest heavyweight champion in boxing history.
Some of his career controversies included failed marriage to actress Robin Givens, a shady 1992 conviction, and being temporarily banned from the sport in 1997 after the infamous rematch with Evander Holyfield - where Tyson was disqualified in the third round after biting off a piece of Holyfield's ear.
Looking forward to the new movie, Mike recently admitted: ''A lot of people aren't going to like the things I've done in my life.''

"

Wow, this could be really good. What do you guys think [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=139150]aliasad1998[/MENTION] Martin Scorsese could end up directing the movie given his interest while Jamie Foxx is confirmed to play Tyson as the lead, always wanted to see a biopic on his life and if done right it could make for some seriously compelling stuff.

Here Fox describes the opening scene, he also mentions Scorsese so he could be involved in the project already:

Foxx also does an impression of Tyson, which was actually pretty good!

Jamie Foxx Preparing To Play Mike Tyson in New Motion Picture

http://www.boxingscene.com/jamie-foxx-preparing-play-mike-tyson-new-motion-picture--120435

"

Hollywood actor Jamie Foxx is preparing to play former undisputed heavyweight champion Mike Tyson in a biopic of the controversial boxer.

The 49-year-old actor - who previously won an Academy Award for his portrayal of music star Ray Charles - has agreed a deal to star as the New York-born icon, whose career was blighted by numerous controversies.
A source said: ''Jamie went to a couple of sessions with his trainer in the gym for this movie. 'He looked quite good throwing a few jabs and crosses against the pads. But when he tried a bit of sparring, he didn't fare so well. 'He took a couple of hooks and walked out. He knows if he wants to play Iron Mike then he needs to improve that side of his game.''

Legendary director Martin Scorsese is reportedly keen to helm the project, while Mike has also given Jamie a helping hand with his preparations.

The insider told The Sun newspaper: ''Mike knows it is Jamie's dream to play him and they have talked about gym work and how he could put him through his paces.
''The only thing is that if they go sparring and Mike connects, Jamie may never make any movie again.''
MIke, 51, is still the youngest heavyweight champion in boxing history.
Some of his career controversies included failed marriage to actress Robin Givens, a shady 1992 conviction, and being temporarily banned from the sport in 1997 after the infamous rematch with Evander Holyfield - where Tyson was disqualified in the third round after biting off a piece of Holyfield's ear.
Looking forward to the new movie, Mike recently admitted: ''A lot of people aren't going to like the things I've done in my life.''

"

Wow, this could be really good. What do you guys think [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] [MENTION=139150]aliasad1998[/MENTION] Martin Scorsese could end up directing the movie given his interest while Jamie Foxx is confirmed to play Tyson as the lead, always wanted to see a biopic on his life and if done right it could make for some seriously compelling stuff.

Here Fox describes the opening scene, he also mentions Scorsese so he could be involved in the project already:

Foxx also does an impression of Tyson, which was actually pretty good!
[MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] I didn't know you were a Tyson fan :)) you will be interested in this post as well. Hopefully Martin directs the movie and he did a great job in the biopic that was wolf of wall street, Jamie has also done great in biopics with his portrayal of ray charles.

If you've not seen this and I think you probably would have, this documentary is amazing:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032821/

[MENTION=142288]TQ89[/MENTION] I didn't know you were a Tyson fan :)) you will be interested in this post as well. Hopefully Martin directs the movie and he did a great job in the biopic that was wolf of wall street, Jamie has also done great in biopics with his portrayal of ray charles.

If you've not seen this and I think you probably would have, this documentary is amazing:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032821/

Damn how did I miss this. It better be good. Expectations are gonna be pretty high from my end. I am both fan of tyson as well as Marty.

Watched Raging bull in 2009 and was blown away. No wonder that films top many Greatest Films Lists. I am gonna hope this one will be on that level

GGG vs Canelo in a matter of hours. I'm sideing with GGG but reckon Canelo's got this. Top fight coming up nonetheless, especially after the recent garbage we had.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] Billy Joe Saunders called out Khan for a fight in December after he beat Monroe

Box nation put on a decent card last night, BJS v Monroe wasn't great because they were almost mirror images of themselves stylistically but BJS was a class above and he won on points in the end. Frank used the main-event as a platform to give many of his younger talent exposure, there were some very impressive debuts and Yarde once again looked great. Nicola wasn't on because there was an issue with her opponent.

Any other good boxing matches in coming few months to watch out for?

Lomachenko vs Rigo !! December 9th, two elite top 10 P4P fighters. Although Rigo will be moving up two weight classes to make the fight happen it's still an intriguing fight and I expect big fireworks. See post #2322 on this page, highlights of Lomachenko's most recent fight he's a very special talent. both Rigo and Lomachenko had stellar amateur careers, both won 2 Olympic Gold medals. Rigo is the most avoided fighter amongst the lower weights so he's moving up for the biggest fight of his career.

Other then that next week you have Linares vs Luke Campbell (lightweight title) and Parker vs Fury for WBO Heavyweight world title; another great weekend.

Last edited:
I don't understand why does boxing have so many crap decisions. What is the point in selling a fight when the judges are gonna undermine everything. This fight was billed as the best fight of the year and look what happened.

Such a bad decision by judges.

I don't understand why does boxing have so many crap decisions. What is the point in selling a fight when the judges are gonna undermine everything. This fight was billed as the best fight of the year and look what happened.

Such a bad decision by judges.

If am totally honest with you it's just that one card from Byrd which was horrendous, otherwise the draw is far from controversial. Casual fans have been so invested in GGG that they saw him win a fight "easily" and "clearly" when in reality it was close and competitive.

Believe me, I paid £17 quid and [MENTION=48620]Cpt. Rishwat[/MENTION] probably did as well at the very least to watch this and we have even more right to be annoyed and while I'd have loved a conclusive result, the draw was fair. It's just that one card which was awful and it has distracted people, anyhow it would have been interesting to see the response from folk had that card been scored in favour of GGG.

Paid for the fight and then promptly slept through!!

Ok seen it now. Firstly, quite disappointed that it wasn't the explosive bout I was expecting it to be. GGG can look ugly at times but still should have won.

No point in having a rematch if Canelo is going to employ same tactics..... not that there is anything wrong but for a fight built as it was, it was slightly negative for my liking. The rematch will probably end up in draw as well.

Paid for the fight and then promptly slept through!!

Ok seen it now. Firstly, quite disappointed that it wasn't the explosive bout I was expecting it to be. GGG can look ugly at times but still should have won.

No point in having a rematch if Canelo is going to employ same tactics..... not that there is anything wrong but for a fight built as it was, it was slightly negative for my liking. The rematch will probably end up in draw as well.

It was a great fight but more of a tactical chess match then a toe to toe war, fighters these days are just not willing to put all of it on the line because of the fear of defeat and need to advocate their drawing power as a fighter with a record with few blemishes on paper; what they don't understand is that you can still be a draw with a crowd pleasing style of fighting and it's the classic battles which define your legacy, it's what we ultimately remember years from now so from time to time maybe a high profile fighter should go for glory and take a few risks.

But Canelo had to respect GGG's power and if he fought on the front foot defeat would have been a higher probability as would have the likelihood of taking a lot more punishment.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tony Bellew and David Haye set for December rematch with date and venue close to being agreed<a href="https://t.co/VZIxEtvH8O">https://t.co/VZIxEtvH8O</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BellewHaye2?src=hash">#BellewHaye2</a> <a href="https://t.co/NXHeBOF9Nq">pic.twitter.com/NXHeBOF9Nq</a></p>— Mirror Sport (@MirrorSport) <a href="https://twitter.com/MirrorSport/status/910080844349546496">September 19, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tony Bellew and David Haye set for December rematch with date and venue close to being agreed<a href="https://t.co/VZIxEtvH8O">https://t.co/VZIxEtvH8O</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BellewHaye2?src=hash">#BellewHaye2</a> <a href="https://t.co/NXHeBOF9Nq">pic.twitter.com/NXHeBOF9Nq</a></p>— Mirror Sport (@MirrorSport) <a href="https://twitter.com/MirrorSport/status/910080844349546496">September 19, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Should be a decent fight, expect Haye to win unless there's another freak injury in the ring.

Its a shame Rigo has had to go up 2 full weight classes to fight Loma and they couldnt fight some where in the middle. Yes Rigo has said he wont use weight as an excuse but could have a bearing on the fight. It should be a good one though.

Back