Can I suggest, Asif Ali for Pakistan T20 captain?

He should be the captain from the bench he would fit in well with Saqlain and Yousuf.

Hopefully they will put his misery to end just like Khushdil , let them earn their bread and butter in domestic cricket.

Average of 15 over 50 plus games with a strike rate of 133 and he is in the team because of his batting

I would not make him captain of a club team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting for any sort of explanation or reasoning behind this idea.

Honestly

He isn’t worse than Babar

but not deserving of a spot in the team either, forget captaincy... bhai mein apko asif se 10 times intent doonga, but my scores will also be a bunch of ducks... mujhay bhi kuptaan bana do...

Honestly

He isn’t worse than Babar

The lack of developing leadership skills are ABSOLUTELY NON-EXISTENT in our social upbringing, and in our education system. We don't have the foggiest of ideas as what exactly is required to become a leader.

So that's a given.
We know that we won't have anyone in the team who is a natural leader or someone who has learned and mastered leadership skills.

And hence in our situation, what you need in a captain who may be an ordinary player but he should be someone who is mentally awake and alert. He should be sharp, who is street smart, and acts like a live wire.

However, when you look into the faces of Pak players and look into their eyes, their demeanor makes them look like they are mentally somewhere else. They look dumb and lost. Look at face and eyes of Asif Ali, Haider Ali, Nawaz, Baber, Wasim Jr, Shaheen Shah, there is absolutely no spark, no sign of intelligence, no alertness, no sharpness, no quickness, no agility... they have just blunt facial expressions and some fake smiles to cover some sorta unconscious sense of guilt, laziness and lack of confidence.

Look at Kohli on the other hand. A sharp live wire who's eyes are lit like bulbs and his demeanor, street smartness and his mental sharpness makes you think like he will rip thru you just by his presence.

IMO, we don't have a single player in the team (and in the entire country of 220 million) who is mentally alert and he is street smart. Not a single one.
So no matter who do you make the captain, it won't make an iota of difference.

And the reason is simple ... our system in Pakistan does NOT produce leaders.

The lack of developing leadership skills are ABSOLUTELY NON-EXISTENT in our social upbringing, and in our education system. We don't have the foggiest of ideas as what exactly is required to become a leader.

So that's a given.
We know that we won't have anyone in the team who is a natural leader or someone who has learned and mastered leadership skills.

And hence in our situation, what you need in a captain who may be an ordinary player but he should be someone who is mentally awake and alert. He should be sharp, who is street smart, and acts like a live wire.

However, when you look into the faces of Pak players and look into their eyes, their demeanor makes them look like they are mentally somewhere else. They look dumb and lost. Look at face and eyes of Asif Ali, Haider Ali, Nawaz, Baber, Wasim Jr, Shaheen Shah, there is absolutely no spark, no sign of intelligence, no alertness, no sharpness, no quickness, no agility... they have just blunt facial expressions and some fake smiles to cover some sorta unconscious sense of guilt, laziness and lack of confidence.

Look at Kohli on the other hand. A sharp live wire who's eyes are lit like bulbs and his demeanor, street smartness and his mental sharpness makes you think like he will rip thru you just by his presence.

IMO, we don't have a single player in the team (and in the entire country of 220 million) who is mentally alert and he is street smart. Not a single one.
So no matter who do you make the captain, it won't make an iota of difference.

And the reason is simple ... our system in Pakistan does NOT produce leaders.

How can we produce leaders and tacticians when we have the likes of Nauman Ali, Yasir Shah, Asad Shafiq, Khalid Usman etc leading the team in domestic.

In the past we have had guys like Zohaib Ahmed, Imran Farhat etc captaining the teams.

but not deserving of a spot in the team either, forget captaincy... bhai mein apko asif se 10 times intent doonga, but my scores will also be a bunch of ducks... mujhay bhi kuptaan bana do...

duck is better than 4(10) ..asif ali is hero of pak ..shame that he is rested for zim match

[MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] asked [MENTION=2016]Rana[/MENTION] 10 times that explain on what basis and rana is running not giving any explanation. His reason is because Babar is so and so, bhai do some analysis post them here. Not make a thread just for the sake of it.

Thats like me saying I want to become a cricketer, but have no clue when someone asks how will I become one

Please don’t shoot me down.

I think it’s the only way this guy will secure a position in the team and the only way he can best utilise himself!

He is a selfless player and plays 100% for Pakistan’s win. He wasn’t too bad when he was appointed captain by IU as well.

Let’s move on from uninspiring Babar Azam and Rizwan after the World Cup!

BBL stats

bYkfC8t.png

If you want to shift the mindset (which you 100% need to do)

Then you need to have the guys with the right mindset making your decisions.

AA always plays for the team. Not for himself

If you want to shift the mindset (which you 100% need to do)

Then you need to have the guys with the right mindset making your decisions.

AA always plays for the team. Not for himself
He’s an amazing player.

He was once urgently asked to be stand-in captain after Shadab got injured.

Guess what?

He won the game against Babar.

Asif scored 28(11) with the bat and registered 2/27 with the ball. He took the wickets of dangerous Sharjeel & Nabi single-handedly.

MOTM & Winning Captain Asif Ali.

1698442242457.jpeg

Scorecard:

I notice that Babar fans always squirm whenever they hear Asif Ali’s name. This man is hated for no reason by the establishment.

Dangerous player

He won his side the LPL recently. Very effective contributor in clutch situations
He’s an amazing player.

He was once urgently asked to be stand-in captain after Shadab got injured.

Guess what?

He won the game against Babar.

Asif scored 28(11) with the bat and registered 2/27 with the ball. He took the wickets of dangerous Sharjeel & Nabi single-handedly.

MOTM & Winning Captain Asif Ali.

View attachment 138362

Scorecard:

I notice that Babar fans always squirm whenever they hear Asif Ali’s name. This man is hated for no reason by the establishment.

Lol are you kidding? Asif Ali got consistent chances. But he never utilized them fruitfully

Asif ali was not treated good by public. It’s time Chacha gets the same treatment. There is no difference between Asif Ali and Ifthikhar Ahmed

Asif ali was not treated good by public. It’s time Chacha gets the same treatment. There is no difference between Asif Ali and Ifthikhar Ahmed

Not justified, Chacha has actually played some valuable innings and is a better more reliable hitter and doesn't throw kitchen sink at every ball like Asif. Knock that Chacha played at MCG against India to atleast give Pakistan a chance to compete well till the end, a player like Asif don't think can ever play such a rescue knock.

Fans are too harsh on Chacha at times. He even spins more than our toothless junior league spinners Shadab and Nawaz

Whether Asif Ali is captain or not…

Pakistan are not winning any major tournament under Babar Azam and his clique

Amid the Chaos related to captaincy, PCB should listen to OP and appoint the selfless,
Asif Ali as captain.

This suggestion will go down in PP history as the dumbest suggestion ever. It is so bad that I am surprised that the clowns running PCB haven't taken it up.

@Rana I don't get why you made this op tbh. Players like shan, Asif etc don't deserve to even be in the team.

@Rana I don't get why you made this op tbh. Players like shan, Asif etc don't deserve to even be in the team.
I guess it was just a funny way to criticize PCB for the comedy that has been going on in this system. Asif Ali is not even suitable for domestic captaincy and everybody knows this fact.

I guess it was just a funny way to criticize PCB for the comedy that has been going on in this system. Asif Ali is not even suitable for domestic captaincy and everybody knows this fact.
I genuinely believe it as well

Asif Ali will play for his country first. Babar will not.

I genuinely believe it as well

Asif Ali will play for his country first. Babar will not.
HAHA....good for you that you have a firm belief in Asif. First you should hope that he performs in domestic to find his permanent spot in the team, then we can discuss about his captaincy potential.

HAHA....good for you that you have a firm belief in Asif. First you should hope that he performs in domestic to find his permanent spot in the team, then we can discuss about his captaincy potential.
Yes, just like Shan Masood performing in domestics

But that steller performance can land him in the team at least. Better scenario for him.
So what’s the point of getting out the red carpet for him to play at 3 in the T20 World Cup?

You guys will know inside that I always try honestly to speak the truth about cricket no matter how harsh it may sound, but you will never have the courage to accept it.

So what’s the point of getting out the red carpet for him to play at 3 in the T20 World Cup?

You guys will know inside that I always try honestly to speak the truth about cricket no matter how harsh it may sound, but you will never have the courage to accept it.
No body is getting out the red carpet for him. Asif is nowhere

I admit his performances have not been up to the mark. But I would still bank on him to chase 30 off 12 in a big match for Pakistan instead of Babar Azam.
I would also bank on a retired Shahid Afridi to do that instead of Babar Azam but that doesn't mean he belongs back in the team.

I'd honestly rather have Azam Khan over him despite his fitness woes. Even though he doesn't belong in the team either.

I would also bank on a retired Shahid Afridi to do that instead of Babar Azam but that doesn't mean he belongs back in the team.
Depending on the bowling chasing 30 of 12 is possible. Again depending on the bowling.

But I don't trust Bobby to chase that down. Bobby is am accumulator, a good one. World class? Naw

We will suggest Asif Ali for the captain once he played 10-20 games consistently without getting dropped and also does the job he was supposed to do. Until then, we all know babar, shaheen and riz are in the race for captaincy. Let Asif bash domestic sides to make way into the team again and then we can talk about him being the replacement of these guys.

I admit his performances have not been up to the mark. But I would still bank on him to chase 30 off 12 in a big match for Pakistan instead of Babar Azam.

Out of curiosity, how many times has Asif Ali successfully chased down a score through a blitz short cameo for Pakistan in comparison to Babar Azam?

Pretty sure the stats favour Babar when it comes to achieving more successful run chases than Asif Ali, no?

If that indeed is your viewpoint, how is Babar Azam world class?
Just like Imad is a match winner and a big game player according to you while being outperformed by shadab in all ICC tournaments. If Imad with a batting average of 5.5 in t20 world cups and a bowling average of 38 in t20 world cup is a match winner along with bowling average of 94 in cw19. Then anyone can be world class.

I love Asif Ali, but if we’re doing fantasy scenarios maybe we can make him the captain, coach, and PCB Chairman.

I love Asif Ali, but if we’re doing fantasy scenarios maybe we can make him the captain, coach, and PCB Chairman.
Don't forget prime minister, President, and Pakistan's version of Willy wonka.

We'll make a movie.

Asif and the Cricket factory.

Than again, the guy who calls Naqvi the Hulk Hogan and (than brings back Babar as captain lol), so we shouldnt be surprised with his views of having Asif as captain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like Imad is a match winner and a big game player according to you while being outperformed by shadab in all ICC tournaments. If Imad with a batting average of 5.5 in t20 world cups and a bowling average of 38 in t20 world cup is a match winner along with bowling average of 94 in cw19. Then anyone can be world class.
I think you just buried all Imad Wasim fans with this post.

If Imad is a match-winner, so is Azam Khan :))

Again severe injustice with Asif Ali he should have been captain for Nz series, afterall he was the one who smacked countless sixes against Nz

Lol

Old thread but just shows how deluded people are with these players

Let Asif make a place in the team first, then we will surely talk about captaincy if he manages to stay in the team for more than 10 games consistently based on performance.

They have avoided this post. According to their logic everyone is world class bar Babar and rizwan. Than again you are talking about logic from Imad fans.

I will keep on repeating till it sinks in.

Imad is world class compared to Shadab and Nawaz. He is not world class all over the world.
For Pakistani standards, yes he is world class at his position.

His competition in the team is Shadab and Nawaz, not Babar and Rizwan. When you have mediocre players like Nawaz and Shadab to compete with, its easy to become world class.

When Babar and Rizwan start bowling spin, we can have a discussion on whether Imad values his place vs them. Till then, Babar and Rizwan have other issues.

Rizwan is a poor batsmen as an opener. He does okay as a wicket keeper. He insists on playing at opening spot, sucking the life out of the innings so he is not world class at that position. He is a liability that Pakistan team cannot afford as long as he insists on the same batting postion.

Babar is an above average batsmen but definitely short of world class. He suffers from small lapses in tests that get him out at 30s and 40s. He suffers from same SR issue in T20s against good attacks but since he is batting at 3, we usually forgive him. If he insists on batting as opener in T20 he would face the same criticism as Rizwan faces.

Babars best format is ODIs where he can pace his innings and not have to worry about SR. But most of his innings in ODIs have so far lacked impact. He can build you a good score for an average to above average batsmen. But he wont change the outcome of the match. If Pakistan is losing, they will continue to lose and if they are winning, they will continue to win irrespective of Babar's knock. That is not a world class batsmen.

If your argument is that Rizwan and Babar are world class as Pakistani standards I have no issue with accepting this for Babar but for Rizwan I still think he is short of world class for Pakistani standards as well because he consistently occupies a spot which he is unsuited for.

I will be waiting for a counter.

Thanks.

I’ll say it again and again

Babar is not a captain that plays for his team or country.

For Babar, it’s him first and then everyone else.

Let that sink in.

Asif Ali as captain instead? Ahh Hell Yeah!

Imad is world class compared to Shadab and Nawaz. He is not world class all over the world.

His competition in the team is Shadab and Nawaz, not Babar and Rizwan. When you have mediocre players like Nawaz and Shadab to compete with, its easy to become world class.

When Babar and Rizwan start bowling spin, we can have a discussion on whether Imad values his place vs them. Till then, Babar and Rizwan have other issues.

Rizwan is a poor batsmen as an opener. He does okay as a wicket keeper. He insists on playing at opening spot, sucking the life out of the innings so he is not world class at that position. He is a liability that Pakistan team cannot afford as long as he insists on the same batting postion.

Babar is an above average batsmen but definitely short of world class. He suffers from small lapses in tests that get him out at 30s and 40s. He suffers from same SR issue in T20s against good attacks but since he is batting at 3, we usually forgive him. If he insists on batting as opener in T20 he would face the same criticism as Rizwan faces.

Babars best format is ODIs where he can pace his innings and not have to worry about SR. But most of his innings in ODIs have so far lacked impact. He can build you a good score for an average to above average batsmen. But he wont change the outcome of the match. If Pakistan is losing, they will continue to lose and if they are winning, they will continue to win irrespective of Babar's knock. That is not a world class batsmen.

If your argument is that Rizwan and Babar are world class as Pakistani standards I have no issue with accepting this for Babar but for Rizwan I still think he is short of world class for Pakistani standards as well because he consistently occupies a spot which he is unsuited for.

Thanks.
Imad Wasim with a batting average of 5.5 and bowling average of 38 in WT20 will get absolutely massacred by Shadab's stats, why are you setting yourself up for embarrassment like that?

Over the top of my head, Shadab's 52 vs South Africa in 2022 and 4 wickets to turn the semi-finals vs Australia in 2021, will never be matched by Imad Wasim even if he plays a million leagues all over the world.

Thanks.
Your world class Imad can't even outperform medicore shadab in ICC tournaments. Can you tell why world class Imad averages 94 in cw19 with the ball. 5.5 with the bat in t20s WC along with 38 bowling average against proper teams?

I don't think rizwan is a world class batter, but he's definitely a world class wk and by Pakistani standards his stats and performance are better than anyone in our history. Imad is poor man's shadab but he's world class but rizwan better than all of our wk but he's still not world class for Pakistani standards lol.

If you think Babar is not world class then I can't help. According to your definition no one is world class than bat Imad.

Can you tell us why mental beast Imad and match winner has worse than part timer stats and is competing with Chris martin batting stats?

Rubbish shadab has performance in ICC tournaments which Imad can't produce even after playing a million times. If Imad is world class based on these stats then Chris martin is also a world class batsmen.

I am sorry to say I can't have a discussion with someone who thinks Imad is world calls for Pakistani standards but not rizwan lol.

Imad Wasim with a batting average of 5.5 and bowling average of 38 in WT20 will get absolutely massacred by Shadab's stats, why are you setting yourself up for embarrassment like that?

Over the top of my head, Shadab's 52 vs South Africa in 2022 and 4 wickets to turn the semi-finals vs Australia in 2021, will never be matched by Imad Wasim even if he plays a million leagues all over the world.
Lol making sense is an alien concept to Imad fans. This is the same posters who called Imad a big match player with these stats lol.

In an alternate reality. Asif Ali is leading Pakistan to win the WT20 third time in a row.

How does asif Ali keep getting mentioned?

He's so irrelevant now

If social media reports are to believe, then Asif Ali will make a comeback in t20 team and will get the coveted no.6 position vacated by legendary Ifitkhar Ahmed.

The musical chair in Pakistan cricket at its very best

Asif Ali is rare powerhitter from PAK. Can hit 140 + pace . But range is bit limited and not the best spin hitter.

Maybe if he could bowl 2 over , could be useful.

Not much competition in PAK

Back