[Report] Mohammad Rizwan is likely to replace Shaheen Shah Afridi as the captain of Pakistan cricket team before the T20 World Cup 2024

Would it be wise to appoint Mohammad Rizwan as captain for Pakistan's T20I squad in the World Cup?

• Total voters

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
According to some media reports, Mohammad Rizwan will replace Shaheen Shah Afridi as captain after his poor performance in international cricket as well as in PSL 9.

Rizwan should have been appointed earlier because he is the one who can handle pressure and lead the team effectively but Shaheen's sudden appointment as captain proved to be a disastrous move.

What do you guys think? Would it be the right call to make Rizwan captain?

According to some media reports, Mohammad Rizwan will replace Shaheen Shah Afridi as captain after his poor performance in international cricket as well as in PSL 9.

Rizwan should have been appointed earlier because he is the one who can handle pressure and lead the team effectively but Shaheen's sudden appointment as captain proved to be a disastrous move.

What do you guys think? Would it be the right call to make Rizwan captain?
Right now there aren't a lot of options and Rizwan seems to be the only one who could take on the role without it be a major risk.

Interesting if it happens, lets see if Mr.PR can walk the talk.

He has captaincy experience. Not a bad choice.

After Shaheen, he deserves it the most.

SSA is thick but he is in possession. Any changes at this stage will create disharmony and distrust.
it adds to the culture of chaos and increases pressure on ALL players.

The PCB made the move. They shouldn't discard him on the basis of the PSL. Apart from that he has only had 5 games in charge of the T20 side.
They appointed him now should back him until the WC.

it adds to the culture of chaos and increases pressure on ALL players.

The PCB made the move. They shouldn't discard him on the basis of the PSL. Apart from that he has only had 5 games in charge of the T20 side.
They appointed him now should back him until the WC.
Totally agree. That's why these guys are useless at running a cricket board or anything else. We have Naqvi being given the job because he is trusted by Munir and Co, not for being competent or intelligent.

The best captains are rizwan and shadab

The afridi and hafeez wahab experiment has not produced the results

Afridi himself blows hot and cold his pace drops very rarely he's bowling full throttle these days .

I'm always gonna support Australia as my main, I supported them last cup, I'll support em now.
Yeah bro. This isn’t the Pakistan I subscribed to support emotionally 20+ years ago. No way should this selfish guy who shouldn’t even be playing this format let alone open the innings be allowed to lead the country.

Yeah bro. This isn’t the Pakistan I subscribed to support emotionally 20+ years ago. No way should this selfish guy who shouldn’t even be playing this format let alone open the innings be allowed to lead the country.
I've always supported Australia even in 2011 when they had a horrific tour. Even before I moved to Australia, its just idk, something about the aussie team was mesmerising in the way they always gelled as a unit even if they sometimes selected a weak squad.

I kept telling everyone that 2024 aussie team was probs amongst the weakest aussie teams minus the 2011 one but they defo have a chance of winning simply cause of their game plans.

Even if you look at world class teams like India and NZ their is always some drama holding them back such as sanju Sampson throwing a hissyfit for not being selected or bcci never caring about the lack of a tail. Again this drama is minor and not relevant, but you don't get it all from the aussie team.

Theirs a very good saying that applies to success but can ironically be applies to cricket

Weak men speak Loudly about their success( Rizwan)

Good men whisper about their success

Great Men shut up, success automatically follows them.

Pakistan team for the past 10 years can't gell, pcb in an eternal rebuilding phase.

So what happens now? Rizwan is captain, side gets butchered once again? And then what? Will fans do the exact same thing they did with babar?

Beg for Bobby to be removed but ask him to comeback once he's removed? Only to ask him to leave again?

Rizwan as a captain isn't doing anything other then saying "I am not happy batting at opening without babar, Babar at no 2 please"

So what happens now? Rizwan is captain, side gets butchered once again? And then what? Will fans do the exact same thing they did with babar?

Beg for Bobby to be removed but ask him to comeback once he's removed? Only to ask him to leave again?

Rizwan as a captain isn't doing anything other then saying "I am not happy batting at opening without babar, Babar at no 2 please"
That’s what these people want. Let them have it. This is why I stated in the Mohsin Naqvi thread, that just because the majority want to eat dirt, doesn’t make it the right thing.

That’s what these people want. Let them have it. This is why I stated in the Mohsin Naqvi thread, that just because the majority want to eat dirt, doesn’t make it the right thing.
Bro this is like if someone begged me to bukky them in school so I bully him and he beggs me to stop, so I stop and then a day later he begs me to Bully him again?

The first thing I'd be saying is, what is wrong with these people.

Shaheen lacks IQ for the job. He should never have been made captain. I suspect Shahid Afridi lobbying.

if Shaheen is given more chances from now on, Pakistan may end up playing qualifiers for the next World Cup.. so better to remove him ASAP.
I don’t think he’s that bad. Let him captain the 5 match series v NZ at home. He will deliver the same results as Babar would have

Bro this is like if someone begged me to bukky them in school so I bully him and he beggs me to stop, so I stop and then a day later he begs me to Bully him again?

The first thing I'd be saying is, what is wrong with these people.
Bizarre nation. No wonder they are decades behind all countries that are adapting on a daily basis

How is rizwan's captaincy going to be better then shaheen?

All he's going to do is bring babar to open again and start hugging the opposition 24/7.

Finally. He was the obvious choice to become captain after Babar was forced out. Him and Shadab are consistently some of the best captains in PSL.

Still not sure if Babar should have been forced out in the first place though. The captaincy wasn’t the issue in the WC, it was the lack of good spin options and a fast bowling unit that had all suffered injuries recently. Babar has also captained much better than usual in this PSL and had some very intelligent bowling changes.

I did not like Shaheen as captain because Shaheen should be getting more rest and him being captain almost requires that he play every single T20.

Pakistan T20 XI v India in the world cup

1. Rizwan
3. Babar
3. Shan
4. Shadab
5. Shaheen
6. Iftikhar
7. Khushdil
8. Jamal
9. Abbas Afridi
10. Usama Mir
11. Muhammad Ali
Bro you're giving us a bigger humiliation then what happened in asia cup and world cup

Pakistani cricket has become bipolar.

One loss - change the captain, change the coach, change the batting order, change the vice captain, change the physio, change the chairman.

It's fine to read that stuff on PP and completely bizarre to see it unfolding in real life.

Not a big fan of Rizwan being captain, but at the same time Shaheen also shouldn't be anywhere near to captaincy. Babar has already shown what best he can do, and wining titles is not one of them. So god bless Pak cricket, because the only option left is Shadab Khan.

I thought Afridi was appointed just a few months back and I don't even recall him playing much.

Not saying that Afridi is the person for this position, but you got to stick with the person for some time or just don't name the person to start with.

No matter who they appoint as the captain, our fortunes will not change and a 5th ranked team cannot win the cup.

RIZWAN with his acting and accumulation at the top will always be a burden.

Shaheen the first over one trick pony cannot get proper batters out when playing against full strength sides.

Both are mediocre. Just like rest of the team.

However, they made Shaheen the captain only recently. It’s only fair that he gets some games even if the World Cup is starting.

No need to create unnecessary drama and conflict in the dressing room.

The end result will be the same ie Pak not winning the cup.

Don’t chop and change right before the tournament.

Pakistan T20 XI v India in the world cup

1. Rizwan
3. Babar
3. Shan
4. Shadab
5. Shaheen
6. Iftikhar
7. Khushdil
8. Jamal
9. Abbas Afridi
10. Usama Mir
11. Muhammad Ali
Why not Naseem and his bro at least?

I will say one thing, as much as I don't want rizzu to be captain, we really do not have anyone else.

I'm blaming pcb for this, unlike bcci their unable to groom players.

In bcci literally I can see anyone from their team become a future leader, pandya, kuldeep, even the youngsters like shubman Gill I can see becoming captain 5 to 8 years down the line.

We don't have anyone, who do we select?

1) Shan is hilarious as he doesn't even warrant a place in his own team, tactics are useless if you're losing 3-0, getting booted out of the psl, and your inclusion means the team is handicapped with only 10 players to play.

2) Shaheen is the prime example of what happens when you give an overly aggressive bowler captaincy, since captaincy requires patience and persistence.

3) Babar is a good player but he stepped down, but I'll be fair to babar, deapite being a bad captain, he's the only player that one can tolerate being captain as he himself warrants a place in the team as well as respect from the dugout.

4) Rizwan tbf is a better wicket keeper then anyone else as usman Khan is not avaliable and no other wk bat has been better then rizzu, but those who are saying that rizwan is captaincy material because MS is dominating in psl have no idea what their talking about.

Ms has the best team, rizwan is going to get crushed when his team is not the best this world cup, he's not going to pull a pat Cummings in that he'll take the side home deapite not having the best team, India was the best team by miles in wc 2023 but they still lost. Rizwan would never take his side to the finish line if he lost 3 games on the dot and was originally at the bottom of the points table.

Against Islamabad he finished off David weise early despite weise being the best bowler and had usama and abbas, 2 guys who were getting tonked bowl your 19th and 20th over, Basically simililar to what babar did against South Africa and India, bowl nawaz in the final over lol.

His onfield injuries delays the game and majority of the time, his team gets penalised because their forced to field with 4 fiekders instead of 5 in the final powerplay because rizwan delays things so many times.

5) Shadab is even worse, people are acting as if this isn't the guy who caused Afghanistan to break their iconic lossless streak against us, and have the whole team get bowled out for 92.

The whole nonsense of we were playing with our b or c team against Afghanistan, like brother, that doesn't matter, these guys were once classified as a minnow nation and now they just humiliated us during the last World cup, our A team is stuck dealing with these guys and has to rely on naseem shah miracles to win.

Point is, we don't have any captaincy material man to lead.

I will say one thing, as much as I don't want rizzu to be captain, we really do not have anyone else.

I'm blaming pcb for this, unlike bcci their unable to groom players.

In bcci literally I can see anyone from their team become a future leader, pandya, kuldeep, even the youngsters like shubman Gill I can see becoming captain 5 to 8 years down the line.

We don't have anyone, who do we select?

1) Shan is hilarious as he doesn't even warrant a place in his own team, tactics are useless if you're losing 3-0, getting booted out of the psl, and your inclusion means the team is handicapped with only 10 players to play.

2) Shaheen is the prime example of what happens when you give an overly aggressive bowler captaincy, since captaincy requires patience and persistence.

3) Babar is a good player but he stepped down, but I'll be fair to babar, deapite being a bad captain, he's the only player that one can tolerate being captain as he himself warrants a place in the team as well as respect from the dugout.

4) Rizwan tbf is a better wicket keeper then anyone else as usman Khan is not avaliable and no other wk bat has been better then rizzu, but those who are saying that rizwan is captaincy material because MS is dominating in psl have no idea what their talking about.

Ms has the best team, rizwan is going to get crushed when his team is not the best this world cup, he's not going to pull a pat Cummings in that he'll take the side home deapite not having the best team, India was the best team by miles in wc 2023 but they still lost. Rizwan would never take his side to the finish line if he lost 3 games on the dot and was originally at the bottom of the points table.

Against Islamabad he finished off David weise early despite weise being the best bowler and had usama and abbas, 2 guys who were getting tonked bowl your 19th and 20th over, Basically simililar to what babar did against South Africa and India, bowl nawaz in the final over lol.

His onfield injuries delays the game and majority of the time, his team gets penalised because their forced to field with 4 fiekders instead of 5 in the final powerplay because rizwan delays things so many times.

5) Shadab is even worse, people are acting as if this isn't the guy who caused Afghanistan to break their iconic lossless streak against us, and have the whole team get bowled out for 92.

The whole nonsense of we were playing with our b or c team against Afghanistan, like brother, that doesn't matter, these guys were once classified as a minnow nation and now they just humiliated us during the last World cup, our A team is stuck dealing with these guys and has to rely on naseem shah miracles to win.

Point is, we don't have any captaincy material man to lead.
I just realised, the current team we're sending is going to get cremated by Afghanistan unless fakhar or saim or babar play a blinder.

Naseem is the only bowler who can trouble Afghanistani batsmen and Babar is woefully at a disadvantage against afghani spinners, since spin isn't his strong suit.

PCB is a joke. Why did the make Shaheen captain? Rizwan can handle pressure better and is a better tactician.

No way shaheen should be captain of anything. Honestly he may not even deserve to be in the final world cup squad the way he is bowling these days. Looks like he needs a long break and work on getting his pace back. Rizwan is the right choice for t20 captain

I'm always gonna support Australia as my main, I supported them last cup, I'll support em now.

Don’t let the door hit you guys on your way out :)

Well guess that it huh, end of Pakistan cricket as we know it

Honestly the most tragic bit about it all is how unavoidable this all was. We were on the right track 5 years ago. We had a set team led by a brilliant captain and had reserves of up and coming cricketers who under the right leadership would have been world class. Those were the days huh

Now thanks to Misbah Ul Haq and the gang of four, Pakistan cricket is officially dead. You would think the higher ups in the PCB would have realised the mistake of appointing Babar as captain and instead choose someone outside the dosti yaari clique to lead us forward however it seems that this is beyond dosti yaari. The power of Saya and Yazoo international is their for all of us to see

I guess the only consolidation for me will be the many years of highlights that can be watched and celebrated as we see the current team fall and crumble

As per them( and most of them), door is completely broken.

I feel bad that such a good fast bowling unit( at least in t20s ) wheels are coming off so bizarrely

I mean I am still pakistani.

And I do talk about pakistan cricket 100x note then Australian cricket.

Me being an aussie citizen doesn't change my grass roots as a pakistani. I love my pakistani brothers which is why I hate my team, because pur team doesn't fight or represent their country, they represent themselves.

You can't expect me to support a captain who makes statements like

1) Mein khush nahi hoon no 5 pei batting kar kei (I am not happy batting at no 5)

2) Or babar not opening has destroyed everything etc etc

Give me one example of an Australian captain ever saying, I am not happy with my team or throwing his teammates under the bus.

Pat Cummings literally lost 3 games on the dot in the world cup and was at the bottom of the table, not once did he come out and make stupid comments such as pitch this, pitch that, or my team failed me etc. He stayed extremely silent throughout the world cup, heck even when Glenn Maxwell pulled a freaking miracle, Pat Cummings stayed quiet, he disnt say things like now we are onsong and going to crush our Fodder competition.

Whereas wahab riaz in 2015 went ballistic in 2015 after beating sa and acted like Pakistan are back onsong and would crush the competition only for Australia to give them another reality check.

The pakistani cricket team needs to watch where their mouth is at,

Rizwan saying things like when I get cramps sometimes it's real, sometimes acting, it's cringeworthy and meme worthy.

Their making a fool of themselves at this point.

Well guess that it huh, end of Pakistan cricket as we know it

Honestly the most tragic bit about it all is how unavoidable this all was. We were on the right track 5 years ago. We had a set team led by a brilliant captain and had reserves of up and coming cricketers who under the right leadership would have been world class. Those were the days huh

Now thanks to Misbah Ul Haq and the gang of four, Pakistan cricket is officially dead. You would think the higher ups in the PCB would have realised the mistake of appointing Babar as captain and instead choose someone outside the dosti yaari clique to lead us forward however it seems that this is beyond dosti yaari. The power of Saya and Yazoo international is their for all of us to see

I guess the only consolidation for me will be the many years of highlights that can be watched and celebrated as we see the current team fall and crumble
Tbf rizwan being appointed might be a good thing.

Rizwan will fail miserably and that will lead to his sack eventually.

The pattern has repeated itself since 2015. Pretty sure shahid afridi was the last captain we had in 2011 before the trend of sacking become a thing.

I don't think this will be a wise move to replace few month before the T20 World Cup. Rizwan should have been made the captain if they were removing babar firsthand. This is not the right time to change now. Let Shaheen lead and make rizwan his deputy which he already is. After world cup, we could have made replacement.

Pakistan don't have many captaincy options.

Only 4 guys are probably contenders (Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen, and Fakhar). So, giving it to Rizwan makes sense. Another option would be Fakhar.

Pakistan don't have many captaincy options.

Only 4 guys are probably contenders (Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen, and Fakhar). So, giving it to Rizwan makes sense. Another option would be Fakhar.
Then Rizwan should have been made captain earlier instead of Shaheen. Not a good time for this change IMO. Shaheen's confidence will be under the dirt if it happens. Just 1 series and he was removed? Not good.

Then Rizwan should have been made captain earlier instead of Shaheen. Not a good time for this change IMO. Shaheen's confidence will be under the dirt if it happens. Just 1 series and he was removed? Not good.

You have a point.

I think it should've been Rizwan or Fakhar after Babar. Pacers generally are not good for captaincies.

These are the core boys of the team we're talking about. Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen and Shadab. I don't think there will be any hard feelings as they have each others back. Shaheen is better off to stay away from captaincy and just focus on bowling. A pacer of his calibre is worth gold

Shaheen was a shocking appointment really especially him being a fast bowler.
Shaheen's been bowling poorly lately so don't think he should be an automatic pick in 11.

Rizwan was the natural choice after Babar. An excellent team man worthy of leading the nation.

Astute captain. Very good identifier of talent and picks his side according to the opposition and playing conditions.
If he's able to get the best out his players like he does for Multan I am pretty sure we'll see improved results

Cannot stand SSA but surely it is ludicrous to change a captain so quickly without giving him a proper chance and the time to build a team?
Yeah man! SSA batting at number 5 as captain will win us the trophy ;-);)

Shaheen's been bowling poorly lately so don't think he should be an automatic pick in 11.

Rizwan was the natural choice after Babar. An excellent team man worthy of leading the nation.

Astute captain. Very good identifier of talent and picks his side according to the opposition and playing conditions.
If he's able to get the best out his players like he does for Multan I am pretty sure we'll see improved results
Agreed. The problem is though will he be given enough powers as team captain.

These are the core boys of the team we're talking about. Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen and Shadab. I don't think there will be any hard feelings as they have each others back. Shaheen is better off to stay away from captaincy and just focus on bowling. A pacer of his calibre is worth gold
I hope so that you are right but it never does good for somebody's confidence if he removed just after 1 series as a captain.

A pacer of his caliber got turned into sena's bunny in the world cup, heck Sri lanka and Afghanistan were dancing all over him lol.

A pacer of his caliber got turned into sena's bunny in the world cup, heck Sri lanka and Afghanistan were dancing all over him lol.

He was fast tracked after an injury. A poor decision in hindsight but the team looked incomplete without him. Let's not forget that Naseem wasn't there at the other end to keep up the pressure

As per them( and most of them), door is completely broken.

I feel bad that such a good fast bowling unit( at least in t20s ) wheels are coming off so bizarrely

Quite the opposite, fast bowling is looking better than the last WC so far. Hopefully everyone keeps fit. Shaheen, Nasim and Aamer Jamal. They'll be complemented by someone like Wasim jnr or Zaman Khan

He was fast tracked after an injury. A poor decision in hindsight but the team looked incomplete without him. Let's not forget that Naseem wasn't there at the other end to keep up the pressure
Before the asia cup and world cup was played shaheen in the NZ series was on fire, deapite playing on a flat pelter pitch where commentators verbatim stated 300 was par and 330 is the score to get, Shaheen consistently got wickets.

In the first game of the asia cup, he once again got rohit sharma out and was giving trouble to the Indian team where fans were making memes on how India got lucky thanks to rain. Shaheen in that game took 4 wickets for 35 lol.

Every fan was deluded beyond belief saying after the first game the classic meme " THEY CANNOT PLAY HIM"

However straight after this game, Shaheen got pelted by India, got pelted by everyone in the world cup, got pelted by everyone in psl, way after his injury.

He got exposed and fans keep hiding behind the injury excuse when he lliterally supposedly dismantled India according to some fans.

The reality is, he was always a one hit wonder, has one deadly inswing but afterwards is a horrible death and middle over bowler and is nothing special in opening beyond just one delivery

The India game was simply cause the pitch was eyond difficult to play, as Indian team on a similar pitch turned all of Sri lankan team into a joke, Pakistan would have never chased 266 down as on that pitch, that score is equivalent to a 400 especially with shami, siraj and Bumrah bowling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait for the politically bashing masala interview from Shahid Afridi when this happens.

Shaheen is a team player, and I have no doubts in my mind that if he turns hostile, it will be due to the mind freak father-in-law.

Good decision by the PCB for once who realized they screwed up big time by appointing Shaheen as skipper on the basis of a PSL tournament which is played for brotherly fun.

Quite the opposite, fast bowling is looking better than the last WC so far. Hopefully everyone keeps fit. Shaheen, Nasim and Aamer Jamal. They'll be complemented by someone like Wasim jnr or Zaman Khan
Am fan of express pace. Am not sure whether shaheen can bowl 140plus regularly, I will like to see it outside of psl.In nz,aus he was at 135 Max.Rauf used to be good with 145plus.its interesting to see the third fast bowler option.Jamal/wasim jnr played well but not express.Zamam is still raw and yet to be tested against best.

Very well put. Babar as a batsmen and Rizwan as WK batsmen are really our only two world class batters.

Very well put. Babar as a batsmen and Rizwan as WK batsmen are really our only two world class batters.
But what is the point of appointing shaheen for just 1 series ?
Are they going to do the same with rizwan as well if he loses the series ?

Pakistani cricket has become bipolar.

One loss - change the captain, change the coach, change the batting order, change the vice captain, change the physio, change the chairman.

It's fine to read that stuff on PP and completely bizarre to see it unfolding in real life.

It's desperation. Decades worth of bad policy is catching up on them. The signs were already there in the 2000s.

Before the asia cup and world cup was played shaheen in the NZ series was on fire, deapite playing on a flat pelter pitch where commentators verbatim stated 300 was par and 330 is the score to get, Shaheen consistently got wickets.

In the first game of the asia cup, he once again got rohit sharma out and was giving trouble to the Indian team where fans were making memes on how India got lucky thanks to rain. Shaheen in that game took 4 wickets for 35 lol.

Every fan was deluded beyond belief saying after the first game the classic meme " THEY CANNOT PLAY HIM"

However straight after this game, Shaheen got pelted by India, got pelted by everyone in the world cup, got pelted by everyone in psl, way after his injury.

He got exposed and fans keep hiding behind the injury excuse when he lliterally supposedly dismantled India according to some fans.

The reality is, he was always a one hit wonder, has one deadly inswing but afterwards is a horrible death and middle over bowler and is nothing special in opening beyond just one delivery

The India game was simply cause the pitch was eyond difficult to play, as Indian team on a similar pitch turned all of Sri lankan team into a joke, Pakistan would have never chased 266 down as on that pitch, that score is equivalent to a 400 especially with shami, siraj and Bumrah bowling.

You might want to go through the match threads of WC23 and see the comments. He was not bowling at the pre injury level and was trundling throughout the WC. I'm not making it up, everything is on record on PP

Please don't put babar and rizwan in the same sentence.

Babar has proven time and time again that any medicore bowler is his bunny and he's constantly maintained a 60+ average against them, he's literally their biggest nightmare (when facing Pakistan only)

Against top quality sides he's not godly or anything but he still maintains a 40 average against them, even in the world cup, he still scored a few 50's here and their and in 2021 wc t20 he still did pretty well. Fans unfairly compare him to kohli but he's 100% a good batsmen in his own right who doesn't get the credit he deserves, him being a bad captain doesn't invalidate him being a good player.

Rizwan can only bash c string attacks. His 135+ was against the weakest bowling side in the tournament and he consistently failed against any other top side in the cup 5 out of 6 times he failed whereas babar managed to still get his 50's.

To rizwan's credit in test he's decent and even in odi he isn't per say that bad, but as a t20 opener he's a complete failure against any top side since strike rate is a massive issue for him and top quality sides wreck him 24/7.

I don't hate rizwan, he's not as bad as people claim, the fact he's able to consistently dominate low string attacks whereas many of pur failures like haider Ali or azam Khan can't even do that shows he's a good enough to be in the team, but he's beyond useless as a t20 opener and don't expect him to get you even 150 chase if he's facing a half decent attack.

I saw how rizwan has been playing in the powerplay this tournament, please we don't need this.

You might want to go through the match threads of WC23 and see the comments. He was not bowling at the pre injury level and was trundling throughout the WC. I'm not making it up, everything is on record on PP

@mominsaigol he also had an issue with his finger and got sick in Bengalore. He was persisted with because Naseem was seriously injured.

Still had an okish WC, managed to pick up a 5fer and even reach #1 in rankings at some point

Because those are excuses my guy.

During the first India game everyone was ecstatic and had the whole they cannot play him memes.

As soon as world cup comes, all of the sudden its now oh he's injured deapite the same people making the "They cannot play him meme"

Because those are excuses my guy.

During the first India game everyone was ecstatic and had the whole they cannot play him memes.

As soon as world cup comes, all of the sudden its now oh he's injured deapite the same people making the "They cannot play him meme"
He's World Class. Shaheen carrying a niggle is still a better bowler than majority of Pak pacers

@mominsaigol he also had an issue with his finger and got sick in Bengalore. He was persisted with because Naseem was seriously injured.

Still had an okish WC, managed to pick up a 5fer and even reach #1 in rankings at some point
Let me ask you something, during the India game that got washed out, where shaheen took 4 for 35, everyone was saying "They cannot play him"

Next game against India he gets butchered. Amd all of the sudden he's injured now?

That's highly highly sus.

Also please don't quote the rankings, it means nothing when india's trio were all shown to clearly be the best considering the treatment they gave to sa and Sri Lanka.

They botched the world cup final, but that's because india's onwards weakness is that their chockers, but its not like Pakistan isn't, Pakistan can't even qualify for semi finals, last time we dis that was 3 years ago.

Back