Can Rahul Gandhi become the next Prime Minister of India?

Can Rahul Gandhi become the Indian PM in Future?

• Total voters
coolstorybro 🤡

Wish the army showed the same spine to take back the land Modi lost to his Chinese puppet master :dhoni

Story? Its on media record from 2012.

They tried the same before. Then Army chief also didn't let it go through.

Only that in 2012, the matter leaked to the media and Congress was hammered by opposition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Story? Its on media record from 2012.

They tried the same before. Then Army chief also didn't let it go through.

Only that in 2012, the matter leaked to the media and Congress was hammered by opposition.
Nothing surprises me, didn't our ammayi Sonya and Puppu sign a secret deal with the Chinese in 2008 ?..

Part of the deal may have been for all the cash handed over by master Xi to the waitress's Swiss bank accounts, the Italians would in return hand over Indian land or move the soldiers from the area so master XI could take the Indian land he needs and no one will know about it.

Attachments

• Puppu Chinese.png
    Puppu Chinese.png
    398.4 KB · Views: 0
Nothing surprises me, didn't our ammayi Sonya and Puppu sign a secret deal with the Chinese in 2008 ?..

Part of the deal may have been for all the cash handed over by master Xi to the waitress's Swiss bank accounts, the Italians would in return hand over Indian land or move the soldiers from the area so master XI could take the Indian land he needs and no one will know about it.

The likes of pillionrider will go to any extent because they hate Modi.

Even trying to discredit the army and supporting the likes of Sonia and RaGa and co. who were ready to compromise on national security.

The likes of pillionrider will go to any extent because they hate Modi.

Even trying to discredit the army and supporting the likes of Sonia and RaGa and co. who were ready to compromise on national security.
Well during our Ammayi Sonya's last rule with poor MonMohan used and abused as a puppet, the Indian defence minister aka a fellow Malayalee AK Antony said something along the lines of; we don't need to build infrastructure around the Chinese border, if we leave it as it is, Chinese will find it hard to invade during a war scenario 🤡

You earlier said Bharat would survive an aftermath of a Puppu rule, but I am not so sure, he would have sold so much land to the Chinese and destroyed the economy, it would be worst than current day Pakistan aka be beyond recovery ever... This 5 year old wouldn't even know how to wipe his rear end after going to the toilet, he wouldn't have the ability to run a brothel, let alone rule a country of over a billion.

This is why I have repeated this over and over here: India is indeed a very scary place, if a country can provide the opportunity to someone like our Puppu to become a PM, situation is indeed dire straits...

At least our Mahaan is an outgoing chap who likes to hit the clubs:

Well during our Ammayi Sonya's last rule with poor MonMohan used and abused as a puppet, the Indian defence minister aka a fellow Malayalee AK Antony said something along the lines of; we don't need to build infrastructure around the Chinese border, if we leave it as it is, Chinese will find it hard to invade during a war scenario 🤡

You earlier said Bharat would survive an aftermath of a Puppu rule, but I am not so sure, he would have sold so much land to the Chinese and destroyed the economy, it would be worst than current day Pakistan aka be beyond recovery ever... This 5 year old wouldn't even know how to wipe his rear end after going to the toilet, he wouldn't have the ability to run a brothel, let alone rule a country of over a billion.

This is why I have repeated this over and over here: India is indeed a very scary place, if a country can provide the opportunity to someone like our Puppu to become a PM, situation is indeed dire straits...

At least our Mahaan is an outgoing chap who likes to hit the clubs:

To do all this, he will have to have little opposition, that's not going to happen anytime soon.

People will hit streets faster than he can say Xi. Nationalism runs this country.

lol, trust andhbhakts to spread canards. Yeah, MMS did ask Indian army to leave Siachen! lol, matlab kuch bhi.

Ask these sanghis and their do kaudi ke andhbhakts to spend a few hours at Siachen.
Are you able to breathe in India again? Heard that there is more oxygen in the air since Modi did not get majority of his own and depends on two secular parties. Is that true?

Rahul Gandhi to retain family bastion as Congress seeks to build after polls​

Indian opposition leader Rahul Gandhi has chosen to represent his family bastion of Raebareli in parliament as his Congress Party seeks to build on the stronger-than-expected showing of opposition groups in the national election.

India allows people to stand in multiple constituencies but they can only represent one in parliament and which seat Gandhi would choose to retain has been the subject of keen interest as commentators examine the election fallout.

The political scion of a dynasty that has given India three prime ministers, Gandhi contested Raebareli and his previous constituency of Wayanad, in Kerala, in the recently concluded polls and won both.

His sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra will contest the election that will be held in Wayanad to fill the vacant seat, the party said.

Vadra has not contested elections herself before but has been a formidable campaigner for her brother, mother and other party members over the years. She said she would try to be a “good representative”.

Located in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, which sends the largest number of lawmakers to the lower house of parliament, Raebareli has been won by Congress candidates in 17 of the 20 elections held there.

Gandhi’s mother Sonia won the constituency during the previous elections in 2019 but is now a member of the upper house of parliament.

“Rahul Gandhi will retain his Raebareli seat because Raebareli has been close to him from before, that [area] has [a] great attachment to the family, they have been fighting (in elections) from there for generations,” Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge told reporters on Monday evening.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi formed a government last week but, unlike his earlier two terms, had to depend on his allies — some of who are known to be fickle — to get past the halfway mark of 272 in the 543-member house.

Gandhi was among the key leaders in an opposition alliance of over two dozen parties which won more than 230 seats, trimming Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party’s share by over 60 seats.

Source: DAWN

Rahul Gandhi to retain family bastion as Congress seeks to build after polls​

Indian opposition leader Rahul Gandhi has chosen to represent his family bastion of Raebareli in parliament as his Congress Party seeks to build on the stronger-than-expected showing of opposition groups in the national election.

India allows people to stand in multiple constituencies but they can only represent one in parliament and which seat Gandhi would choose to retain has been the subject of keen interest as commentators examine the election fallout.

The political scion of a dynasty that has given India three prime ministers, Gandhi contested Raebareli and his previous constituency of Wayanad, in Kerala, in the recently concluded polls and won both.

His sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra will contest the election that will be held in Wayanad to fill the vacant seat, the party said.

Vadra has not contested elections herself before but has been a formidable campaigner for her brother, mother and other party members over the years. She said she would try to be a “good representative”.

Located in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, which sends the largest number of lawmakers to the lower house of parliament, Raebareli has been won by Congress candidates in 17 of the 20 elections held there.

Gandhi’s mother Sonia won the constituency during the previous elections in 2019 but is now a member of the upper house of parliament.

“Rahul Gandhi will retain his Raebareli seat because Raebareli has been close to him from before, that [area] has [a] great attachment to the family, they have been fighting (in elections) from there for generations,” Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge told reporters on Monday evening.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi formed a government last week but, unlike his earlier two terms, had to depend on his allies — some of who are known to be fickle — to get past the halfway mark of 272 in the 543-member house.

Gandhi was among the key leaders in an opposition alliance of over two dozen parties which won more than 230 seats, trimming Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party’s share by over 60 seats.

Source: DAWN
That last statement should highlight everything. 2 dozen parties got 230 ! And bjp alone got 240 . A bunch of power hungry politicians who got together and still lost with anti incumbency. Come 2029 - bjp will have much better numbers. Even in 2024 , their vote share was the same as 2019 - that should tell you something. Long may pappy gandhi lead the Congress - he is an absolute vote bank for BJP lol !:ROFLMAO:

Are you able to breathe in India again? Heard that there is more oxygen in the air since Modi did not get majority of his own and depends on two secular parties. Is that true?
They will keep crying until the Casteist Ra Ga will not come back to power.

"Jitni Aabadi Utna Haq" Slogan of Rahul Baba will make India go back to the 70's and 80's.

They will keep crying until the Casteist Ra Ga will not come back to power.

"Jitni Aabadi Utna Haq" Slogan of Rahul Baba will make India go back to the 70's and 80's.
But the congi zombies are against jitni aabadi utna haq. They are against increasing seats based on population, because it means UP, Bihar etc will get more seats than TN etc. Here they don't want jitni aabadi utna haq.

That last statement should highlight everything. 2 dozen parties got 230 ! And bjp alone got 240 .
Our leftist and pseudo seculars can't comprehend this. I guess living in an alternate reality does wonders to their insecurity, afterall their leader Puppu wakes up at night in the morning.. :genius

BJP again would have had the majority on their own had they listened to Yogi, rather than Amit Shah not consulting with Yogi and choosing the candidates in UP.

This was a wake up call for BJP, got a little too over confident and a dent like this was needed for them come back stronger.

It seems some 'andhbhakhts' still haven't recovered from the shock. They were very active on the day of the exit polls. The next 1 year promises to be quite entertaining for all of us. 🍿 :inti

, Rahulg will choose Wayanad and not Rae Bareli. I am better than the crybaby pollster on India Today.
Looks like our Italian ammayi's 5 year old son is skipping Wayanad to Rae Bareli.

Another prediction gone wrong for you ? What is going on here, is this true ?
====
The Congress Monday announced that party MP Rahul Gandhi will retain Rae Bareli seat in Uttar Pradesh and vacate Wayanad in Kerala, from where party general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra will make her electoral debut.

Rahul had won both seats in the recently concluded Lok Sabha elections and is required to vacate one of them. While he defeated BJP’s Dinesh Pratap Singh to win Rae Bareli by 3,90,030 votes, he won Wayanad by 3,64,422 votes, defeating CPI’s Annie Raja.

Wayanad I got wrong. But I still think it was the party decision. If you watch his two speeches in the constituencies after his wins, he almost actually confirmed my prediction :dhoni

In Rae, he first brought up the possibility of Priyanka having contested against Modi and winning. At that point a lot of the crowd got excited and were on their feet. Then he dropped a little hint - but I might have a solution for my dilemma of which seat to choose.

In Wayanad, Priyanka didn’t even come to the event. Not exactly what you would do if that was the decision at that point in time.

My prediction was about what Rahulg would do. Looks like the party beat him down. So don’t get too excited that was wrong hahah.

Modi won’t complete his term.

And you will

Remember

The

Name

pillionrider 🥰

Wayanad I got wrong. But I still think it was the party decision. If you watch his two speeches in the constituencies after his wins, he almost actually confirmed my prediction :dhoni

In Rae, he first brought up the possibility of Priyanka having contested against Modi and winning. At that point a lot of the crowd got excited and were on their feet. Then he dropped a little hint - but I might have a solution for my dilemma of which seat to choose.

In Wayanad, Priyanka didn’t even come to the event. Not exactly what you would do if that was the decision at that point in time.

My prediction was about what Rahulg would do. Looks like the party beat him down. So don’t get too excited that was wrong hahah.

Modi won’t complete his term.

And you will

Remember

The

Name

pillionrider 🥰
Ok so from Puppu keeping the Wayanad MP spot to Modichayan won't be PM to now Modichayan won't complete the term. Goal posts keeps changing.. :inti

We shall see, your name was remember during the 2 predictions mentioned above that you got wrong. Let's see if you can be 3rd time lucky.

I myself previously predicted this will be PM Modi's last term as PM..

Rahul Gandhi to be Leader of Opposition in 18th Lok Sabha, declares Congress​

Congress MP Rahul Gandhi has been appointed as the LoP in the Lok Sabha, says Congress general secretary KC Venugopal.​

Lok Sabha session: The Congress on Tuesday declared that Rahul Gandhi will be the Leader of the Opposition (LoP) in the 18th Lok Sabha. The decision was taken at a meeting of floor leaders of I.N.D.I.A bloc held at the residence of Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge today.

Addressing the media after the meeting of floor leaders of the I.N.D.I.A bloc, Congress general secretary KC Venugopal said, "Congress MP Rahul Gandhi has been appointed as the LoP in the Lok Sabha."

Venugopal further said that Congress Parliamentary Party (CPP) chairperson Sonia Gandhi has written to Pro-tem Speaker informing that Rahul Gandhi will be the Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha.
Lok Sabha gets LoP after 10 years

The 18th Lok Sabha will have a Leader of the Opposition (LoP) for the first time in ten years. This time, the leader of Congress, which is the largest opposition party in the Lok Sabha with 99 MPs, has been recognized as the Leader of the Opposition (LoP).

In the previous two Lok Sabhas, the Congress, as the largest opposition party, could not secure the post because it did not meet the required number, which is one-tenth of the strength of the House. In the 16th Lok Sabha, the Congress had 44 MPs, while in the 17th Lok Sabha, it had 55.
The post of LoP was not recognised till 1969 when Ram Subhag Singh became the first recognised LoP of the Lok Sabha.

The post received statutory recognition through the Salary and Allowances of Leaders of Opposition in Parliament Act, 1977 which defines the term 'Leader of the Opposition' as that member of the Lok Sabha or the Rajya Sabha who, for the time being, is the leader of that House of the party in opposition to the government having the greatest numerical strength and recognised, as such, by the chairman of the Rajya Sabha or the speaker of the Lok Sabha.

It'll be a real laugh to see Feku and 'Tadipar' Amit Shah addressing Rahul Gandhi as "Rahul Ji." Talk about a surprising twist. 😆 :inti

Rahul Gandhi's big test as India's opposition leader​

Rahul Gandhi of the Congress party has been appointed leader of the opposition in India's parliament, filling a post that had been empty for a decade.

It's the first time Prime Minister Narendra Modi's main rival has held a constitutional role since he joined politics in 2004.

Mr Gandhi will now sit on committees that make key appointments and act as a counterbalance to the prime minister.

Since 2014, no opposition party had won 10% or 55 of the 543 seats required to claim the post, but Congress took 99 seats in the recent general election.

Mr Modi remains in power with help from allies, but his party fell short of a majority after two consecutive landslides.

The Congress party said Mr Gandhi would ensure the government was held to account at all times.

Some observers say his appointment heralds a positive change for India's democracy - the opposition has repeatedly accused the governing Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of authoritarianism, a charge it denies.

"This is going to be a turbulent parliament and the opposition is going to take the government to task," political commentator Neerja Chowdhury told the BBC.

Ms Chowdhury said the role would also test Mr Gandhi's mettle as a leader.

Although he has been in politics for more than 25 years, and an MP for five terms - he has never been a minister or won a general election for his party.

"He'll have to lead from the front and make sure there are no ruffled feathers, within his party or the opposition bloc," Ms Chowdhury said. "He will be accountable for what goes wrong and what goes right."

The Congress appointed Mr Gandhi as the leader of the opposition (LoP) on Tuesday, after a meeting with its alliance partners, who make up the Indian National Developmental Inclusive Alliance (INDIA) opposition bloc.

The coalition performed far better than expected in the general election, securing 232 seats. That wasn’t enough to stop Mr Modi from forming a government but it ensured the BJP alone couldn’t get to the 272 mark and it had to rely on allies.

On Wednesday, Mr Gandhi made his first appearance in parliament in his new role.

He congratulated the BJP's Om Birla, who has been appointed Speaker of the House and assured him of the opposition's support but also pushed for the side's opinions to be heard.

"It is very important that co-operation happens on the basis of trust. It is very important that the voice of the opposition is allowed to be represented in this House," he said.

As LoP, Mr Gandhi will be part of high-profile committees headed by the prime minister. These committees are responsible for appointing key posts such as the director of India's top crime investigation agency and members of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).

Ms Chowdhury says that a stronger opposition would provide greater room for debate, making it difficult for the government to pass bills without discussions.

"It's also going to be a lot more difficult for the ruling majority to suspend and disqualify MPs, as we've seen happen in the recent past," she adds.

Last year, some key bills - including ones meant to replace India's existing criminal laws - were passed in parliament with almost no debate after 143 opposition leaders were suspended after protesting against a security breach in parliament.

Sugata Srinivasaraju, a political journalist who has written a book on Mr Gandhi, says his new role would also help the Congress leader revive his image as a leader.

"This new job not just brings immense responsibility but will also expect Mr Gandhi to be more methodical, diligent and patient in parliament, which he has not exactly been in the last 20 years," he told the BBC.

Mr Gandhi became the president of Congress in 2017, but stepped down following the party's disastrous performance in the 2019 election.

He has often been mocked by Mr Modi and the BJP as a non-serious politician. But analysts say that two long marches he undertook across the country in the past couple of years helped him undo that image.

While he’s no longer the official leader of the Congress, he also won both the parliamentary seats he contested - in Wayanad of Kerala state, and Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh - with massive majorities.

"The decision to accept the new role suggests a new confidence... inside him," Mr Srinivasaraju said.

"He has made a dent and he has to carefully build on it."

If you've watched this Birla behave over the last term, each of those lines from Rahulg were polite slaps hahahaha. And Modiji walking cool pretending there is no annoying buzzing fly breathing down his neck.

Next couple years are gonna be hilarious to watch :dhoni

If you've watched this Birla behave over the last term, each of those lines from Rahulg were polite slaps hahahaha. And Modiji walking cool pretending there is no annoying buzzing fly breathing down his neck.

omggg hahaha I didn't know Akhileshji also spoke. The greatest troll politician of our times. Where Rahul was polite, AY, took out his chappal and asked Birla if the size was correct :dhoni

Its an absolute disgrace for a stooge like Birla to be made LS speaker again. There has never been a more pathetic LS speaker in our democratic history.

He is nothing but a yes man of feku. And hence he can't ever be expected to remain neutral which is the primary demand of the post he has been occupying for last 5 years.

omggg hahaha I didn't know Akhileshji also spoke. The greatest troll politician of our times. Where Rahul was polite, AY, took out his chappal and asked Birla if the size was correct :dhoni
Indeed. Akhilesh is a proper troll. Unlike his father, at least he is decipherable.

I would like to see a debate between Rahul Gandhi and Feku. It's remarkable how easily he is getting under their skin. Just look at the constipated expression on Om Birla's face. 😆 :inti

When Rahul Gandhi Takes on BJP-RSS, He Does So as a Principled Hindu​

The recent debate between Leader of the Opposition Rahul Gandhi and Prime Minister Modi in the Lok Sabha over Hinduism and Hindutva has focused attention again on the key differences between the latter, the BJP/RSS’ political doctrine, and the beliefs of most people of the Hindu faith.

Rahul Gandhi’s rejection of what some are doing to spread hatred and violence while claiming to be acting in the name of Hinduism aroused the strongest reaction from the votaries of Hindutva. Few things shocked many Hindus more than lynchings of Muslims in the name of cow protection, or some Muslims being beaten to death by mobs demanding they chant “Jai Shri Ram!” Such incidents have, at different times, led hundreds of thousands of Hindus across India to protest with placards declaring, ‘Not In My Name’. The Congress is proud to echo them.

As a Hindu, a liberal and a Congressman, I have always prided myself on belonging to a religion of astonishing breadth and range of belief, a religion that acknowledges all ways of worship as equally valid—indeed, the only major religion in the world that does not claim to be the only true religion.

As I have often asked: How dare a bunch of thugs and fanatics shrink the soaring majesty of the Vedas and the Upanishads to the petty bigotry of their brand of identity politics? Why should any Hindu allow them to diminish Hinduism to the raucous self-glorification of the football hooligan, to take a religion of awe-inspiring tolerance and reduce it to a chauvinist rampage?

Hinduism, with its openness, its respect for variety, its acceptance of all other faiths, is one religion which has always been able to assert itself without threatening others. But this is not the Hindutva that destroyed the Babri Masjid, nor that spewed in hate-filled diatribes by communal politicians.

It is, instead, the Hinduism of Swami Vivekananda, whom I am fond of quoting at length. Among Swami Vivekananda’s most significant assertions -- which even Prime Minister Modi partly cited in the Lok Sabha debate while replying to Rahul Gandhi -- is that Hinduism stands for ‘both tolerance and universal acceptance. We believe not only in universal toleration, but we accept all religions as true.’

Vivekananda often recited a hymn, the Shiva Mahimna Stotram, to the effect that as different streams originating in different places all flow in different ways into the same sea, so do all paths lead to the same divinity. He repeatedly asserted the wisdom of the Advaita belief that Truth is One even if the sages call it by different names.

Vivekananda’s vision—summarised in the credo ‘sarva dharma sambhava’ [all religions are equal]—is, in fact, the kind of Hinduism practised by the vast majority of Hindus, whose instinctive acceptance of other faiths and forms of worship has long been the vital hallmark of our culture.

It is this doctrine of universal acceptance that has been increasingly called into question by the acolytes of Hindutva. Vivekananda had given his fellow Hindus a character certificate many of them no longer deserve. ‘The Hindus have their faults,’ Vivekananda added, but ‘…they are always for punishing their own bodies, and never for cutting the throats of their neighbours. If the Hindu fanatic burns himself on the pyre, he never lights the fire of Inquisition.’

Source: The Quint

Lol sure , this is what Raga said once:

Muslim League Is A Secular Party, Says Rahul Gandhi; BJP, Congress Trade Charges​

====
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi’s statement that Muslim League is a secular party has triggered a huge squabble between his party and the rival BJP. Leaders of both the traditional adversaries are trading charges over the statement which has acquired considerable controversial proportions now.

Rahul, who is on a visit to the US, took part in an interaction on June 1 at the Washington DC National Press Club.The interviewer asked him, “You talked about secularism in democracy. You are opposing the Hindu party BJP. However, the Congress in Kerala has been in an alliance with Muslim party Muslim League in Kerala, the state from which you are, you were MP, sorry.”

Responding to the question, Rahul defended the Muslim League calling it a completely secular party. "Muslim League is a completely secular party. There is nothing non-secular about Muslim League. I think the person (who sent the question) has not studied the Muslim League," he said.
The Congress and Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) are United Democratic Front (UDF) partners and they jointly contest against the Communist Party of India (Marxist) (CPM)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF), which is in power in the southern state.

Lol sure , this is what Raga said once:

Muslim League Is A Secular Party, Says Rahul Gandhi; BJP, Congress Trade Charges​

====
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi’s statement that Muslim League is a secular party has triggered a huge squabble between his party and the rival BJP. Leaders of both the traditional adversaries are trading charges over the statement which has acquired considerable controversial proportions now.

Rahul, who is on a visit to the US, took part in an interaction on June 1 at the Washington DC National Press Club.The interviewer asked him, “You talked about secularism in democracy. You are opposing the Hindu party BJP. However, the Congress in Kerala has been in an alliance with Muslim party Muslim League in Kerala, the state from which you are, you were MP, sorry.”

Responding to the question, Rahul defended the Muslim League calling it a completely secular party. "Muslim League is a completely secular party. There is nothing non-secular about Muslim League. I think the person (who sent the question) has not studied the Muslim League," he said.
The Congress and Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) are United Democratic Front (UDF) partners and they jointly contest against the Communist Party of India (Marxist) (CPM)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF), which is in power in the southern state.

He is a puppu afterall, gets dumber by the day...

Our Mahaan PM to be one day

🤡

This election inspired new life into congress​

====

BJP versus who?’ narrative has dissipated … Rahul Gandhi now seen as future PM: Uttarakhand Congress chief​

The Agnipath scheme has had some impact but its effects will become more pronounced in the coming days … Many now feel they have been deceived,” says Karan Mahara.

Just a month after the BJP recorded its third consecutive Lok Sabha poll sweep in Uttarakhand, the Congress won both the Badrinath and Manglaur Assembly seats in the July 10 bypolls. Despite the bypoll victories, the party’s state president Karan Mahara faces significant challenges.

In an interview, Mahara discusses the latest wins, what went wrong during the Lok Sabha polls, and the party’s revival nationally. Excerpts:

Do the bypoll victories signify the Congress’s revival in the state?

Even before this by-election success, the party’s revival was evident nationwide. The Bharat Jodo Yatra added a sense of seriousness to our efforts and Rahul Gandhi ji’s interactions with farmers, women, unemployed youth, and labourers helped us connect deeply with people. We are seeing the positive outcomes of these efforts. Rahul ji’s performance as the de facto leader of the Opposition has also brought significant improvement. The false narrative of ‘BJP versus who?’ has dissipated. People now see Rahul Gandhi as the future Prime Minister.

Source: The Indian Express

Rahul Gandhi to appear before UP court even after getting bail in 2018 defamation case; here's why​

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will appear before the MP-MLA court in Uttar Pradesh's Sultanpur on Friday for a hearing in a defamation case. Congress district president Abhishek Singh Rana said that Gandhi will arrive at Lucknow airport at 9 am on Friday. Following his arrival, he will proceed towards Sultanpur. This visit comes in the wake of a defamation case filed by local Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Vijay Mishra on August 4, 2018.

The case alleged that Gandhi made objectionable remarks about Amit Shah, the current Union Home Minister and then BJP president, in 2018. It should be noted here that the court has granted bail to Gandhi in this case on February 20 this year. However, Special Magistrate Shubham Verma has summoned Gandhi to record his statement on July 26.

What's the case?
The case stems from a lawsuit filed in 2018 by BJP leader Vijay Mishra in which he accused Gandhi of making objectionable remarks against Amit Shah. The complainant had referred to Gandhi’s comment that the BJP which claims to believe in honest and clean politics has a party president who is an “accused” in a murder case. Gandhi had made these allegations at a press conference in Bengaluru on May 8, 2018, during the Karnataka elections. Shah was the BJP president when Gandhi made the remark.

Earlier on Wednesday (July 24), the BJP accused Rahul Gandhi, the Leader of Opposition, of fuelling a lack of trust in India's examination system following the NEET-UG paper leak at a few places, and asked if he will apologise after the Supreme Court's verdict on the issue. The court on Tuesday dismissed the pleas seeking cancellation and re-test of the exam, holding that there was no evidence on record to conclude that it was "vitiated" on account of "systemic breach" of its sanctity. The court said the leak occurred in a couple of cities.

Source: India Today (With inputs from PTI)

RaGa is lucky to be not behind bar again yet​

====

Rahul Gandhi appears in U.P. court, calls defamation case against him 'cheap publicity'​

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi appeared at a district court in connection with a defamation case, in Sultanpur, on July 26, 2024. | Photo Credit: PTI

Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha and former Congress president Rahul Gandhi on July 26 in Sultanpur appeared before an MP-MLA court in a defamation case and alleged that it was filed to gain “cheap publicity”.

Kashi Prasad Shukla, who is Mr. Gandhi’s advocate, informed reporters that the Congress leader told the court that he never made a statement against anyone which could lead to a case of defamation.

A local Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Vijay Mishra filed a defamation case on August 4, 2018, against Mr. Gandhi for making alleged objectionable remarks against the then BJP president and Home Minister Amit Shah. The court of special judge Shubham Verma fixed August 12 as the next date of hearing in the matter when the statement of the petitioner will be recorded, and the evidence will be presented.

Mr. Gandhi reached Lucknow in the morning and travelled to Sultanpur with a large number of Congress leaders and workers accompanying him. Congress workers also gathered at the civil court in Sultanpur as Mr. Gandhi arrived there at exactly 11 a.m. The district administration made tight security arrangements within the court premises.

On his way to Sultanpur, Mr. Gandhi stopped his car midway to meet family of a cobbler Ram Chait. The senior Congress leader had a chat with the cobbler and learned to mend shoes. The cobbler reportedly informed the Rae Bareli MP of his financially weak condition and sought help.

“Leader of Opposition Rahul Gandhi stopped the car on the way and met a family of cobbler. We are continuously fighting for the rights of these hardworking people, raising their voice from the streets to the Parliament. Our aim is to make their present safe and their future prosperous,” the Congress party wrote in a post on X (formerly Twitter).

Source: The Hindu

Rahul Gandhi attacks PM over latest Hindenburg charge: Clear why he is afraid​

Rahul Gandhi, the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, on Sunday raised concerns over the fresh allegations by US short-seller Hindenburg Research against SEBI chairperson Madhabi Buch and said that the integrity of the securities regulator has been "gravely compromised".

He also said that the recent report by the US short-seller firm clearly indicates why Prime Minister Narendra Modi is afraid of a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe against the allegations.

Hindenburg Research on Saturday night released a fresh report alleging that it suspects Sebi's unwillingness to act against the Adani Group may be because of its head Madhabi Buch had stakes in offshore funds linked to the conglomerate.

"The integrity of SEBI, the securities regulator entrusted with safeguarding the wealth of small retail investors, has been gravely compromised by the allegations against its Chairperson," Rahul Gandhi said in a video message posted on X.

The Congress leader also said that investors across the country want to know why the Sebi Chairperson has not resigned yet.

"Honest investors across the country have pressing questions for the government: Why hasn’t Sebi Chairperson Madhabi Puri Buch resigned yet? If investors lose their hard-earned money, who will be held accountable — PM Modi, the Sebi Chairperson, or Gautam Adani? In light of the new and very serious allegations that have surfaced, will the Supreme Court look into this matter suo moto once again?," he said in the video.

"It is now abundantly clear why Prime Minister Modi is so afraid of a JPC probe and what it might reveal," Rahul Gandhi added.

Hindenburg Research accused Buch and her husband of secretly holding investments in offshore funds based in Bermuda and Mauritius. These funds are reportedly the same ones Vinod Adani, brother of Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani, allegedly used to inflate stock prices by round-tripping funds.

Meanwhile, the ruling BJP has accused the Congress and other opposition parties of conspiring to create financial instability and chaos in India. The saffron party also dismissed Hindenburg's allegations against the Sebi chairperson, labeling them as an effort to undermine the credibility of the financial watchdog.

"The short-selling firm, which last year levelled serious allegations against the Adani group, is facing scrutiny from Indian probe agencies," BJP spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi said while speaking to news agency PTI.

"Opposition parties are echoing its allegation, and the conspiracy is now clearly visible that they want to create chaos and instability, especially in the financial sector," he added.

Rahul Gandhi attacks PM over latest Hindenburg charge: Clear why he is afraid​

Rahul Gandhi, the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, on Sunday raised concerns over the fresh allegations by US short-seller Hindenburg Research against SEBI chairperson Madhabi Buch and said that the integrity of the securities regulator has been "gravely compromised".

He also said that the recent report by the US short-seller firm clearly indicates why Prime Minister Narendra Modi is afraid of a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe against the allegations.

Hindenburg Research on Saturday night released a fresh report alleging that it suspects Sebi's unwillingness to act against the Adani Group may be because of its head Madhabi Buch had stakes in offshore funds linked to the conglomerate.

"The integrity of SEBI, the securities regulator entrusted with safeguarding the wealth of small retail investors, has been gravely compromised by the allegations against its Chairperson," Rahul Gandhi said in a video message posted on X.

The Congress leader also said that investors across the country want to know why the Sebi Chairperson has not resigned yet.

"Honest investors across the country have pressing questions for the government: Why hasn’t Sebi Chairperson Madhabi Puri Buch resigned yet? If investors lose their hard-earned money, who will be held accountable — PM Modi, the Sebi Chairperson, or Gautam Adani? In light of the new and very serious allegations that have surfaced, will the Supreme Court look into this matter suo moto once again?," he said in the video.

"It is now abundantly clear why Prime Minister Modi is so afraid of a JPC probe and what it might reveal," Rahul Gandhi added.

Hindenburg Research accused Buch and her husband of secretly holding investments in offshore funds based in Bermuda and Mauritius. These funds are reportedly the same ones Vinod Adani, brother of Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani, allegedly used to inflate stock prices by round-tripping funds.

Meanwhile, the ruling BJP has accused the Congress and other opposition parties of conspiring to create financial instability and chaos in India. The saffron party also dismissed Hindenburg's allegations against the Sebi chairperson, labeling them as an effort to undermine the credibility of the financial watchdog.

"The short-selling firm, which last year levelled serious allegations against the Adani group, is facing scrutiny from Indian probe agencies," BJP spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi said while speaking to news agency PTI.

"Opposition parties are echoing its allegation, and the conspiracy is now clearly visible that they want to create chaos and instability, especially in the financial sector," he added.

BJP blasts Rahul Gandhi over Hindenburg jab: Pathological hatred towards PM Modi​

The BJP on Monday launched a scathing attack on the Congress and its leader Rahul Gandhi, accusing them of attempting to spread economic anarchy in the country by raising questions about the integrity of Indian stock markets based on the latest allegations by US short-seller Hindenburg Research.

Addressing a press conference, BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said, "We expected that after being ousted from power for the third time, these people [Congress] would not use the toolkit. Hindenburg's report came on Saturday, there is uproar on Sunday, so the capital market is destabilised on Monday."

His remarks come after Hindenburg Research, citing whistleblower documents, said in a report that Sebi chief Madhabi Puri Buch and her husband held stakes in an offshore fund where a substantial amount of money was invested by associates of Vinod Adani, brother of Adani Group chairman Gautam Adani.

Buch said the report's allegations were baseless. That didn't stop the Opposition from going on the offensive against the Centre and demanding a joint parliamentary investigation.

Prasad indicated that there was something fishy about the timing of the latest allegations, stating, "In July, Hindenburg received a [show cause] notice from Sebi. Instead of responding to this notice, Hindenburg has made a baseless attack. Sebi has responded. Sebi chairman has also responded."

Furthermore, Prasad alleged that American billionaire-philanthropist George Soros is the main investor in Hindenburg, implying a larger conspiracy. He also accused Rahul Gandhi of harbouring a "pathological hatred" towards Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

"In the politics of the Congress party, there is a toolkit gang and a chit gang. If chits are found in the exam, action is taken. But what should be done about the chits that the Congress party and its leaders get?...They want to crash the entire stock market," he alleged.

The BJP also rejected calls for a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) inquiry into the Hindenburg report, labelling the demand as a “sham.”

Earlier in the day, BJP national spokesperson CR Kesavan took a dig at Rahul Gandhi's "umpire is compromised" remark, likening it to "shady and deceitful underarm bowling" aimed at discrediting the stock market and market watchdog.

On Sunday, Rahul Gandhi raised concerns about the integrity of India's stock market following the latest Hindenburg report. Gandhi questioned why Buch had not resigned in light of the "explosive" revelations.

"Honest investors across the country have pressing questions for the government: Why hasn’t SEBI Chairperson Madhabi Puri Buch resigned yet? If investors lose their hard-earned money, who will be held accountable — PM Modi, the SEBI Chairperson, or Gautam Adani?" he asked.

The Gandhi scion also reiterated his demand for a JPC probe, suggesting that Prime Minister Narendra Modi's resistance to such an inquiry stems from fear.

Rahul Gandhi's Seat At Red Fort Triggers Fresh Congress Attack On BJP

The seating arrangement at the Independence Day celebrations, where Congress's Rahul Gandhi, in a departure from tradition and protocol, was assigned a seat in the second last row, has opened up a new front between the Congress and the BJP. Before the morning's ceremony got over, social media started buzzing with indignant protests from Congress's leaders and supporters. The Defence ministry, which was organising the event, issued a clarification, but failed to stem the tide of criticism.

Protocol dictates that the Leader of the Opposition, who enjoys cabinet rank, is seated in the front row in ceremonial events. This year, that row was occupied by Chief Justice of India DY Chandrachud, Union ministers Nirmala Sitharaman, Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Amit Shah, and S Jaishankar among others.

Mr Gandhi was seen seated in the firth row, behind Indian Olympic medalists. Star Indian shooters Manu Bhaker and Sarabjot Singh, and hockey players, including Indian Captain Harmanpreet Singh and goalkeeper PR Sreejesh, were seated ahead of him.

Sources in the ministry said the seating arrangement at ceremonial events follows a table of precedence and protocol. "This year, it was decided to honour the Olympic Games medal winners. It may be noted that some Union Ministers were also seated behind the Olympic Games medal winners," a source said.

The explanation was shredded by the Congress.

"The Defence Ministry's feeble explanation that it was out of "respect for Olympians" doesn't cut much ice. While Olympians deserve every bit of respect, I wonder how Cabinet Ministers like Amit Shah or Nirmala Sitharaman ji get front row seats ahead of them," posted senior Congress leader KC Venugopal on X, formerly Twitter.

"As per protocol, the LoPs of both Houses must also be seated in the front row, but the seats for Rahul ji and INC President Shri Mallikarjun @kharge ji were in the 5th row. This was not only an insult to the post of LoP or Rahul ji; it was an insult to the people of India, whose voice Rahul ji represents in Parliament," Mr Venugopal added.

Source: NDTV

Apparently our future Mahaan PM might have fallen asleep again in the parliament 🤡

New Delhi, August 8: A viral picture accompanied with a video on social media is being shared by multiple handles on social media platform X with the claim that Leader of Opposition (LoP) in the Lok Sabha, Rahul Gandhi, fell asleep while discussion was underway on the Waqf Amendment Bill on Thursday.

Videos and pictures also showed how Union Minister of Parliamentary Affairs and Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju and BJP MP Giriraj Singh allegedly mocked the Opposition MP for falling asleep during the discussion.

Though it is certain that an Opposition Member of Parliament fell asleep during the discussion which led to the BJP MPs laughing and mocking the MP, it is hard to confirm if the 'sleeping' MP was Rahul Gandhi. However, several right-wing handles took to X and claimed that Rahul fell asleep in the House while discussion and also shared pictures to back their claims.

A video showed Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister, Kiren Rijiju, speaking on the Waqf Amendment Bill and BJP MP Giriraj Singh sitting next to him. As Rijiju speaks, Giriraj Singh and him reportedly point out at the member of parliament for falling asleep.

Suddenly, the BJP MPs sitting next to Kiren Rijiju, including Bhupendra Yadav and Jitendra Singh, start laughing and pointing out at the member.

"That's why I tell you not to speak in between or not to try and interrupt repeatedly as it will make you fall asleep," quipped Kiren Rijiju.

The Bill to amend the law governing waqf boards which proposes far-reaching changes in the Wakf Act, 1995, including ensuring the representation of Muslim women and non-Muslims in such bodies was introduced in the House on Thursday. The Bill was introduced in the Lok Sabha on Thursday by by Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju. He said the bill would be sent to standing committee for further examination.

The Waqf (Amendment) Bill also aims at renaming the act as the Unified Waqf Management, Empowerment, Efficiency and Development Act, 1995. However, the Bill was opposed by the Opposition MPs which questioned the intention of the government for introducing the Bill.

Rahul Gandhi should apologise to India for this……

In 1992, 250 girls were raped in Ajmer city under congress rules, criminals were President and Vice President of Ajmer Youth congress. Supreme Court of India convicts all rapists to life imprisonment.

Whenever films like The Kashmir files, Ajmer 92 and The Kerala story released, India alliance leaders made allegations that BJP is producing these films by showing false history to gain Hindu votes. But today Supreme Court of India stamped its verdict on Ajmer’s heinous crime.

I used to like him but sad to say he is now a national security threat and must be put under house arrest. He’s let his forefathers down.

I used to like him but sad to say he is now a national security threat and must be put under house arrest. He’s let his forefathers down.
No No No.

Our mahaan dumb buffooon must stay on, he is key ensuring BJP keeps winning.

NO TO ARRESTING PUPPU

:apology

I always wonder about the ppls who votes for him and on what ground?
Any vote Pappu receives is merely a negative vote against the BJP or whoever is the biggest opposition to the Congress in that state. It's how it has always been in Indian politics.

I doubt too many people vote for Pappu's charm, competence or his leadership. His own colleagues in the Congress may be joking about him behind his back.

Does Congress support National Conference’s agenda of ‘breaking India’, asks BJ​

Former Union Minister Smriti Irani on Friday (August 23, 2024) asked if the Congress supported the National Conference’s agenda of “breaking India”. She described the pact between the two parties for the Jammu & Kashmir Assembly election as an “unholy alliance” forged to pursue power.

At a press conference, Ms. Irani said the coming together of the Congress and the National Conference had raised several questions. “The National Conference speaks of a different flag for Jammu & Kashmir, the party has publicly announced that it will reinstate Article 370 and Article 35A. Does the Congress party support the National Conference agenda of breaking India?” she asked.

The BJP leader said the National Conference talked about Line of Control trade, while Pakistan continued to nurture terrorism and an ecosystem aligned with terrorists. In such a situation, she wondered whether the Congress supported “the Pakistani-agenda, that had been pronounced on many platforms, of creating unrest in J&K”. She also asked if the Congress party supported reinstatements of people - whose relatives were involved in terror activities and stone-pelting - in government jobs.

“Does the Congress party, in giving support to the National Conference, want to push the economy of J&K back into the hands of a few families whose corruption bled the taxpayers of India, does it support that the National Conference’s politics of discrimination between Jammu and the Valley; dangerous and divisive politics of giving autonomy to Kashmir...,” the former Union Minister said, also asking if the Congress wanted Srinagar’s Shankaracharya Hill to be known as Takht-e-Sulaiman and Hari Parbat as Kooh-e-Maran.

She added, “The Congress needs to answer if the National Conference’s agenda of restoration of Article 370 is acceptable to the party, does it also mean that it stands against reservation and support the National Conference’s promise of ending reservation for Dalits, Gujjars, Bakarwals, and Pahari communities. We as one nation has one Constitution and one flag, does the Congress party believe not in one Constitution, but two symbols, two heads, and two constitutions?”

Source: The Hindu

Do you guys agree?
====

Sam Pitroda, the chairman of the Indian Overseas Congress, has claimed that Rahul Gandhi, the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, has all the qualities to become the future prime minister, and he is more intellectual compared to former PM Rajiv Gandhi

Pitroda, the Gandhi family confidant, made the remarks in an interview with PTI from Chicago, ahead of Rahul's visit to the US later this month.

Describing both Rahul and Rajiv as ‘custodians of the idea of India’, Pitroda added that the Congress leader is more of a strategist as compared with his father.

Similarities and divergences between Rahul and Rajiv

Stating that he had the opportunity to see many prime ministers, such as Rajiv Gandhi, PV Narasimha Rao, Manmohan Singh, VP Singh, Chandra Sekhar and HD Deve Gowda from very close quarters, Pitroda added, “The difference between Rahul and Rajiv maybe is that Rahul is much more intellectual, thinker, Rajiv was a little more doer. They have the same DNA, they have the same concerns and feelings for the people, they genuinely believe in building a better India for everybody, they are genuinely simple people. They don't have big personal needs."

Pitroda further added that they are products of different times, different tools, and different experiences. “Rahul has gone through two big shocks in life, (death of) his grandmother and his father. So they have had different paths to travel."

What does Pitroda think about Rahul as PM?
On whether he sees qualities of a future PM in Gandhi, Pitroda emphatically said, "Absolutely, no question about it."

Pitroda further noted that it is for the people to decide.

"From my personal experience and I may be biased, I think he is very capable. He is a decent human being, he is well educated, he has the right DNA and I see him as the custodian of the idea of democracy that the Congress has always promoted," Pitroda told PTI.

On Rahul Gandhi's US visit
Rahul Gandhi will visit the US from September 8-10. He will hold numerous interactions in Washington DC and Dallas during the trip.

Sam Pitroda, the chairman of the Indian Overseas Congress, has claimed that Rahul Gandhi, the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, has all the qualities to become the future prime minister, and he is more intellectual compared to former PM Rajiv Gandhi
1. I don't think Rahul Gandhi has all the qualities to be the PM of India.

2. Rajiv Gandhi is probably the worst PM India has ever had. Sam Pitroda should have rather compared Rahul Gandhi with his grandmother Indira Gandhi.

Do you guys agree?
====

Pitroda, the Gandhi family confidant, made the remarks in an interview with PTI from Chicago, ahead of Rahul's visit to the US later this month.

Describing both Rahul and Rajiv as ‘custodians of the idea of India’, Pitroda added that the Congress leader is more of a strategist as compared with his father.

Stating that he had the opportunity to see many prime ministers, such as Rajiv Gandhi, PV Narasimha Rao, Manmohan Singh, VP Singh, Chandra Sekhar and HD Deve Gowda from very close quarters, Pitroda added, “The difference between Rahul and Rajiv maybe is that Rahul is much more intellectual, thinker, Rajiv was a little more doer. They have the same DNA, they have the same concerns and feelings for the people, they genuinely believe in building a better India for everybody, they are genuinely simple people. They don't have big personal needs."

Pitroda further added that they are products of different times, different tools, and different experiences. “Rahul has gone through two big shocks in life, (death of) his grandmother and his father. So they have had different paths to travel."

On whether he sees qualities of a future PM in Gandhi, Pitroda emphatically said, "Absolutely, no question about it."

"From my personal experience and I may be biased, I think he is very capable. He is a decent human being, he is well educated, he has the right DNA and I see him as the custodian of the idea of democracy that the Congress has always promoted," Pitroda told PTI.

Rahul Gandhi will visit the US from September 8-10. He will hold numerous interactions in Washington DC and Dallas during the trip.

I agree.

It's puppu or bust for me.

May Puppu live another 100 years 🙏 😁

Protest Outside Sonia Gandhi's House Over Rahul Gandhi's Sikh Remarks

A BJP-backed Sikh group is holding a protest march to the residence of Congress's Sonia Gandhi in Delhi, objecting to Rahul Gandhi's remarks in the US on religious freedom enjoyed by the community in the country. Contending that they are more secure under the BJP government than they were during the Congress rule, they are demanding that Mr Gandhi apologise for his remarks.

During his three day visit to the US, Mr Gandhi had said the fight in India is not about politics.

Asking a Sikh member of the audience his name, Mr Gandhi had said: "The fight is about whether he, as a Sikh, is going to be allowed to wear a turban in India; or whether, he, as a Sikh, will be allowed to wear a kada in India; or whether he, as a Sikh, is allowed to go to a Gurudwara. That's what the fight is about, and not just for him, but for all religions".

The remarks have raised hackles back home, and the BJP has accused him of habitually making anti-national comments abroad, which is particularly serious now in view of his current position as the Leader Of the Opposition.

Union minister Hardeep Singh Puri has called Mr Gandhi's comments "sinister", and accused him of spreading "dangerous narratives" abroad.

Referring to the anti-Sikh riots of 1984 following the assassination of then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi by her Sikh bodyguards, the minister said, "If there has been one time in our history when as a community, we have felt anxiety, a sense of insecurity and existential threat, it has been the times when Rahul Gandhi's family has been in the seats of power".

While Mr Gandhi's comments have been in line with the Congress's secular credentials and its stance of religious freedom, its timing has been awkward in view of the anti-India narrative spread by a section of expat Sikhs.

Rahul Gandhi is trying hard to paint India as a graveyard for Sikhs.

Sikhs not being allowed to practice their religion is a joke. He also met some wonderful individuals like Ilhan Omar. The same Ilhan Omar that tried to introduce a resolution on India regarding religious freedom rights.

Who needs an enemy when a country has people like RaGa are there.

Known Khalistani separatist Mr. GurPatwant Singh Pannun agrees with RaGa and supports his statement.

When anti India elements are agreeing with a politician, you know the politician is a crook.

Rahul Gandhi is trying hard to paint India as a graveyard for Sikhs.

Sikhs not being allowed to practice their religion is a joke. He also met some wonderful individuals like Ilhan Omar. The same Ilhan Omar that tried to introduce a resolution on India regarding religious freedom rights.

Who needs an enemy when a country has people like RaGa are there.

Known Khalistani separatist Mr. GurPatwant Singh Pannun agrees with RaGa and supports his statement.

When anti India elements are agreeing with a politician, you know the politician is a crook.
Pappu gandhi is a national insult. Dont know why he keeps coming to the US especially as he is not part of the ruling party cabinet. And then spews nonsense. He should make sure he wins elections in Ind first . Just getting to 99 seats from 44 seems to have gone to his head. And on ilhan omar- nobody in the US cares for her including her own democratic party. Another politician whi should care for her constituency first before she talks about Palestine all the time. Do your job first lady before you get all bat crazy. Reportedly Kamala Harris didn't want her endorsement as she felt the endorsement would negatively impact her in the polls lol !

Do you guys agree?
====

Sam Pitroda, the chairman of the Indian Overseas Congress, has claimed that Rahul Gandhi, the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, has all the qualities to become the future prime minister, .....

What's your Take on that statement by Sam Pitroda?

Rahul Gandhi and his party always wants divide India on the basis of religion and cast. He openly supported Khalistan terrorists. Such a useless product of Gandhi family

Do you guys agree?
====

I think Rahul Gandhi would be the best PM option for India.

Definitely better than that dodgy chaiwala Modi.

Union Minister calls Rahul Gandhi 'No. 1 terrorist' over remarks on Sikhs​

Union Minister and BJP leader Ravneet Singh Bittu has hit out at Rahul Gandhi for his remarks on Sikhs during his recent visit to the US, calling the Congress MP "the number one terrorist of the country" and alleged that anti-national elements were supporting what he said.

Speaking to reporters, Ravneet Singh Bittu slammed Rahul Gandhi, saying there should be a reward for catching him as he was "the biggest enemy of the country".

"Earlier, they tried to use Muslims, but it did not happen and now they are attempting to divide Sikhs. The most wanted people of the country had given such statements earlier before Rahul Gandhi did. Even those who are terrorists have appreciated Rahul Gandhi's remarks. When such people are supporting Rahul Gandhi, then he is the number one terrorist of the country," said Ravneet Singh Bittu, a former Congressman, who joined the BJP before this year's Lok Sabha polls.

"In my opinion, if there should be a reward for catching anyone or the biggest enemy of the country, it is Rahul Gandhi," he said.

Ravneet Singh Bittu claimed that Rahul Gandhi "was not an Indian as he had spent most of his time outside India".

"Look, Rahul Gandhi, in my opinion, is not an Indian. He has spent most of his time outside the world. His friends and family are there. That is why I think that somewhere he does not love his country much because he goes abroad and says such negative things about India," he said.

Taking a dig at Rahul Gandhi's public outreach initiatives, he claimed that the Congress leader participated in such programmes for photo ops. He also claimed that the Gandhi scion did not understand the pain of the poor even after being elected to Parliament five times.

"He talks about OBCs and castes. Till now, this man has not been able to understand the pain of a cobbler, carpenter or mechanic, even after being the Leader of Opposition. You are still roaming around and asking these people about their problems. Just for the sake of getting your photo clicked, you are doing such things. This is a joke," he said.

Union Minister calls Rahul Gandhi 'No. 1 terrorist' over remarks on Sikhs​

Union Minister and BJP leader Ravneet Singh Bittu has hit out at Rahul Gandhi for his remarks on Sikhs during his recent visit to the US, calling the Congress MP "the number one terrorist of the country" and alleged that anti-national elements were supporting what he said.

Speaking to reporters, Ravneet Singh Bittu slammed Rahul Gandhi, saying there should be a reward for catching him as he was "the biggest enemy of the country".

"Earlier, they tried to use Muslims, but it did not happen and now they are attempting to divide Sikhs. The most wanted people of the country had given such statements earlier before Rahul Gandhi did. Even those who are terrorists have appreciated Rahul Gandhi's remarks. When such people are supporting Rahul Gandhi, then he is the number one terrorist of the country," said Ravneet Singh Bittu, a former Congressman, who joined the BJP before this year's Lok Sabha polls.

"In my opinion, if there should be a reward for catching anyone or the biggest enemy of the country, it is Rahul Gandhi," he said.

Ravneet Singh Bittu claimed that Rahul Gandhi "was not an Indian as he had spent most of his time outside India".

"Look, Rahul Gandhi, in my opinion, is not an Indian. He has spent most of his time outside the world. His friends and family are there. That is why I think that somewhere he does not love his country much because he goes abroad and says such negative things about India," he said.

Taking a dig at Rahul Gandhi's public outreach initiatives, he claimed that the Congress leader participated in such programmes for photo ops. He also claimed that the Gandhi scion did not understand the pain of the poor even after being elected to Parliament five times.

"He talks about OBCs and castes. Till now, this man has not been able to understand the pain of a cobbler, carpenter or mechanic, even after being the Leader of Opposition. You are still roaming around and asking these people about their problems. Just for the sake of getting your photo clicked, you are doing such things. This is a joke," he said.

Gandhi didn't do anything that warrants him being labelled as a terrorist.

If Gandhi is a terrorist, what is Modi? LOL.

Protest Outside Sonia Gandhi's House Over Rahul Gandhi's Sikh Remarks

A BJP-backed Sikh group is holding a protest march to the residence of Congress's Sonia Gandhi in Delhi, objecting to Rahul Gandhi's remarks in the US on religious freedom enjoyed by the community in the country. Contending that they are more secure under the BJP government than they were during the Congress rule, they are demanding that Mr Gandhi apologise for his remarks.

During his three day visit to the US, Mr Gandhi had said the fight in India is not about politics.

Asking a Sikh member of the audience his name, Mr Gandhi had said: "The fight is about whether he, as a Sikh, is going to be allowed to wear a turban in India; or whether, he, as a Sikh, will be allowed to wear a kada in India; or whether he, as a Sikh, is allowed to go to a Gurudwara. That's what the fight is about, and not just for him, but for all religions".

The remarks have raised hackles back home, and the BJP has accused him of habitually making anti-national comments abroad, which is particularly serious now in view of his current position as the Leader Of the Opposition.

Union minister Hardeep Singh Puri has called Mr Gandhi's comments "sinister", and accused him of spreading "dangerous narratives" abroad.

Referring to the anti-Sikh riots of 1984 following the assassination of then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi by her Sikh bodyguards, the minister said, "If there has been one time in our history when as a community, we have felt anxiety, a sense of insecurity and existential threat, it has been the times when Rahul Gandhi's family has been in the seats of power".

While Mr Gandhi's comments have been in line with the Congress's secular credentials and its stance of religious freedom, its timing has been awkward in view of the anti-India narrative spread by a section of expat Sikhs.

BJP spreading lies about my US remarks: Rahul Gandhi on row over Sikhs comment​

Congress MP Rahul Gandhi broke the silence on the massive criticism he received over his remarks on Sikhs during his recent US trip. In an X post, the Congress leader said that the BJP has resorted to lies.

"As usual, the BJP is resorting to lies. They are desperate to silence me because they cannot stand the truth. But I will always speak up for the values that define India: our unity in diversity, equality, and love," Gandhi tweeted.

Gandhi also questioned if there was anything wrong with his remarks, asking, "I want to ask every Sikh brother and sister in India and abroad – is there anything wrong in what I have said? Shouldn't India be a country where every Sikh – and every Indian – can freely practice their religion without fear?"

His comments referred to a speech he gave in Washington DC on September 10, where he discussed the importance of religious freedom. Gandhi, while addressing a gathering in Washington DC, said, "The fight is about if a Sikh is allowed to wear a turban in India, or whether a Sikh is allowed to wear a kara in India, or if a Sikh is going to be able to go to Gurdwara. That's what the fight is about. And this is for all religions."

The BJP has also slammed Rahul Gandhi for sharing the stage with India-baiter Ilhan Omar along with other US lawmakers in a meeting.

"What Rahul Gandhi Has Done...": Saif Ali Khan On "Brave Politician"

Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan has praised Leader of the Opposition and Congress leader Rahul Gandhi as a brave politician who knows how to handle criticism in an impressive way. "I like a brave and honest politician," he said at the India Today Conclave.

Asked about who he thinks - from Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi, to AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal - as a brave politician who can lead India into the future, Mr Khan said they all are brave politicians.

He went on to praise Mr Gandhi for turning around the disrespect he faced in the past.

"I think what Rahul Gandhi has done is also very impressive. There was a point when people were disrespecting things he was saying or things he was doing. I think he has turned that around by working very hard in a very interesting way," said Mr Khan.

The actor further said he does not intend to join politics and did not answer the specific question about who he supports. "I want to be apolitical in my outlook. And I think the country has spoken quite clearly. I'm happy about one thing. That democracy is alive and thriving in India," he said.

"I'm not a politician. I don't really want to be a politician. And if I had strong views, I think I would become one and then share them in that way," the actor added.

Congress spokesperson Shama Mohamed, who also shared the clip on her X handle, said it was true that Mr Gandhi has changed people's views about him.

Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan is full of praise for LoP Rahul Gandhi Ji. What he says is absolutely true-Rahul Gandhi Ji has changed people's views about him through his hard work," she said.

One needs to understand criticism to respond to it lol, ofcourse Saif is praising Raga , Congress is the reason he got a national award for HUM TUM.

Shahrukh didn’t get but this lad has one !

Back