Chennai Super Kings [181/2] beat Sunrisers Hyderabad [178/6] by 8 wickets to win IPL 2018

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
So this is it! The Mega tournament boils down to this one last game.

May 27, 2018 - Final at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai (night)

Chennai Super Kings v Sunrisers Hyderabad

Match scheduled to begin at 19:00 local time (13:30 GMT | 16:30 +03)

Last edited:
Either team winning it will take their tally to 3 (Hyderabad as a city technically). So another exciting match coming up. Probably SRH (or rather their fortune) may not want to make it 4-0 whitewash between these two teams this season! Laws of average may pop up, so I am backing SRH to win (also I want them to win :) ) If Rashid maintains the same form for one last game, he can make the difference! Man of the series will be fitting end...

Either team winning it will take their tally to 3 (Hyderabad as a city technically). So another exciting match coming up. Probably SRH (or rather their fortune) may not want to make it 4-0 whitewash between these two teams this season! Laws of average may pop up, so I am backing SRH to win (also I want them to win :) ) If Rashid maintains the same form for one last game, he can make the difference! Man of the series will be fitting end...

Is MoS and MVP is different award? Anyway SRH going to lift the trophy..

Lol Arnab Goswami is hosting DUGOUT on Star Sports. :)))

Hyderabad looks like winner , just winning it though.

Rashid might be little ruffled after the Indian Citizenship row! Hyderabad cannot win without his basic contribution! CSK players are like Hyenas, they only need one narrow opening to hunt! So let's see...

Interesting decision by CSK. Choosing to field in a final. And SRH are very good at defending totals.

would like to see another 40+ runs from here.. all depends on Yusuf..

We've got this. MS got away with it last time by batting 2nd on a slow wicket. Not this time.

Go SRH!!

Chasing 179 , you have to target Rashid for at least 25 runs , that will be crucial phase.

BK bowling it at 133, cant think that will change much vsing England

Whats happening here? Seems very suspicious. Not much intent right now.

Or just great bowling by BK.

No doubt. I was just surprised by the lack of intent when chasing 180 in 20 overs. Bhuvi is going to bowl it at that length all day, you have to disturb his length by walking down the track or making some room for yourself.

Has all the makings of a nail-biter...

May be I spoke too early, watto.playing an innings like the one in 2015 QF v Pak, except that he hasn't been dropped this time.

Grandpa eleven is on its way to win the IPL.

And we have to bear the torture of Great Great Grand pa in T20is and ODIs because of this successful stint as captainship of CSK.

IPL should replace Indian pace bowlers with bowling machines. It will save them tons of money.

It's not as if Shakib and Braithwaite were any better.

BK on the other hand, is definitely the best bowler in this game.

They're not pacers though.

Credit to Watson, this is a gem of an innings

It's not as if Shakib and Braithwaite were any better.

BK on the other hand, is definitely the best bowler in this game.

Braithwaite is a part timer who is in the team for being a definition of a hack. On the other hand, Shakib is very inconsistent. This however does not justify Sandeep Sharma and S Kaul who single highhandedly lost SRH the match. My heart goes out to BK who bowled his heart out today but didn't get any reward.

Yessssss we have done it.

Congratz brother.
CSK is definitely the greatest IPL team. And Dhoni undoubtedly the greatest IPL kaptan.
Perfect Sunday for me, overrated England got thrashed and now CSK won. :gayle:108:

Hasn't Watson thrashed Pakistan bowlers at the international matches. AT wankhede you can easily thrash any bowler under lights.

I'm sure he has hit Pakistani bowlers but the way BK squared him up, no bowlers should have let him loose after that. Btw, it's not always about Pak vs India. Sometimes, it's genuine criticism which is sparked by a genuine interest.

Great inning by watson. I am sure if srh would have got him early then csk would have choked this easily against rashid. But great win for csk.

Braithwaite is a part timer who is in the team for being a definition of a hack. On the other hand, Shakib is very inconsistent. This however does not justify Sandeep Sharma and S Kaul who single highhandedly lost SRH the match. My heart goes out to BK who bowled his heart out today but didn't get any reward.

When you have 8 teams in the league, your second tier bowlers like Braithwaite, Sharma, Kaul and Shakib may turn out to be quite poor. The top tier bowlers BK and Rashid did quite well.

It wasn't just "Indian pacers" who were poor, all the second tier bowlers got hammered once Watson got going.

If every IPL team has one good Indian bowler like BK, that gives you 8 good interational level bowlers for India, quite enough!

What a batsman Watson is! Couldn't buy a run in his first 10 balls and then goes out and hits a hundred runs in 41 balls is just remarkable. Dare I say if he has another good IPL we could see him return for Australia one last time in the world cup, especially when you consider they're might be without Warner and Smith.

Great comeback by the franchise. Not my favourite team but they really know how to win games.

Back