Could Pakistan's fans' 11 have won the ICC World Cup?

mominsaigol

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
So as we know India is currently undefeated in the world cup and is defo the strongest team and are well on their way to winning the world cup. Their playing 11 typically composed of

1) Rohit Sharma (C)
2) Ishan kishan/ Shubman Gill
3) Virat Kohli
4) Sheryas Iyer
5) KL Rahul/Ishan Kishan
6) Hardick pandya/ Sky
7) Jadeja
8) Bumrah
9) Kuldeep
10) Siraj
11) Shami/ Thakur

(Ishan, Sky and thakur are secondary choices only incase of injury)

We also know 2023 Pakistan is unable to beat India or even compete. Similarly Australia, NZ Sa(while batting first) and even Afghanistan nowadays seems to be massively ahead of us. However what if Pakistan fans 11 were to play instead of our current squad? The fans 11 is as follows

1) Saim ayub
2) Sharjeel Khan
3) Saud Shakeel
4) Sarfraz Ahmed(C/WK)
5) Tayyab tahir
6) Mohammad Haris
7) Imad Waseem
8) Abrar
9) Naseem Shah/Ihsanullah
10) Mohammad Amir
11) Mir Hamza

Bench strength
1) Zaman Khan
2) Omair bin Aziz
3) Zafar Gohar/Nouman ali
4) Arshad Iqbal/Abaas Afridi

Do you think fans 11 has what it takes to conquer the world cup? Or atleast compete better? Or would they meet the same fate?

So as we know India is currently undefeated in the world cup and is defo the strongest team and are well on their way to winning the world cup. Their playing 11 typically composed of

1) Rohit Sharma (C)
2) Ishan kishan/ Shubman Gill
3) Virat Kohli
4) Sheryas Iyer
5) KL Rahul/Ishan Kishan
6) Hardick pandya/ Sky
7) Jadeja
8) Bumrah
9) Kuldeep
10) Siraj
11) Shami/ Thakur

(Ishan, Sky and thakur are secondary choices only incase of injury)

We also know 2023 Pakistan is unable to beat India or even compete. Similarly Australia, NZ Sa(while batting first) and even Afghanistan nowadays seems to be massively ahead of us. However what if Pakistan fans 11 were to play instead of our current squad? The fans 11 is as follows

1) Saim ayub
2) Sharjeel Khan
3) Saud Shakeel
4) Sarfraz Ahmed(C/WK)
5) Tayyab tahir
6) Mohammad Haris
7) Imad Waseem
8) Abrar
9) Naseem Shah/Ihsanullah
10) Mohammad Amir
11) Mir Hamza

Bench strength
1) Zaman Khan
2) Omair bin Aziz
3) Zafar Gohar/Nouman ali
4) Arshad Iqbal/Abaas Afridi

Do you think fans 11 has what it takes to conquer the world cup? Or atleast compete better? Or would they meet the same fate?
Can't do worse. Def better. Spin options still bad and hamza ihansullah too raw. Will be carted here. Would say maybe top 5/4 depending on luck.
Would win vs the SA we played. Probably beat England and nz our usual whipping boys.

We can't beat India, aus though and by the looks of it Afghans.

After Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen - we can select any other 8 and it wouldn't make a difference

Harris looked out of place even against 20 year old guys in the Emerging Asia cup. That Taiyab guy looked okay against some rookie spinners. But has to be tested against quality pace. Among the guys Imad Wasim is one guy who is a good call. He is a bit more versatile than Nawaz. He can bowl inside power play. He can even open the bowling. He is not petrified like Nawaz who always fires everything down the leg side being afraid of getting hit by a right-hander down the ground. Even in batting he has better percentage cricket. Overall he seems to have better game awareness. Amir is a very good defensive option. Bit more thinking bowler. With these two Pakistan would have been marginally better. But not sure if they would have been able to bridge the gap. Spin threat is still non-existent. It is only slightly better. But Nawaz is below international class atleast in the bowling department.

A much better XI than the one we are playing this world cup.

With such a team, a semi final place is guaranteed and looking at Sarfraz's conversion rate from semi's to eventual champions, I'd say this team has a 75-90% chance of winning the world cup

Only changes I would make is have Omair Yusuf over Tayab and Danish Aziz over Haris

A much better XI than the one we are playing this world cup.

With such a team, a semi final place is guaranteed and looking at Sarfraz's conversion rate from semi's to eventual champions, I'd say this team has a 75-90% chance of winning the world cup

Only changes I would make is have Omair Yusuf over Tayab and Danish Aziz over Haris
Fans 11 is most popular choice and I read all posts and calculated the mean.

Danish wasn't brought up by many posters.

But I'll add him in as well

despite being one i have to admit pak fans are legit wild, maybe the pcb is just a representation of collective madness of the supporters.

How is Afghanistan ahead of us? Because of one bad game where our captain and the bowlers lost their heads?

The same Afghanistan team was whitewashed recently in spin friendly conditions in Sri Lanka lol

How is Afghanistan ahead of us? Because of one bad game where our captain and the bowlers lost their heads?

The same Afghanistan team was whitewashed recently in spin friendly conditions in Sri Lanka lol
Confidence is key in games. Their side had zero confidence.

After beating England they believe they can beat anyone now. Meanwhile Pakistan team is a mess and atm we are now back to our old ways.

Rather then seeking to look for more players like fakhar, we play spineless and hope for a fakhar miracle to win us games lol.

Afg is they play us now, will dominate us 10 out 10 times until and unless we change our ways especially our bowling

If people want my opinion. Fans 11 is losing.

Whatever we select, current India is dominating us. So is SA if they bat first and so is aus and NZ

But fans 11 ironically does have a better chance although I'd have fakhar and saim open in stead.

Fakhar and saim are far better and dominating then Abdullah who's another soft run scorer and imam who's beyond pathetic.

Babar is out of form and just out of it this WC, So saud at no 3 isn't bad due to his free flowing he is.

Despite nuiances about sarfraz, the guy plays against quality opposition unlike rizzu who gets exposed over and over but minnow padding causes fans to think rizzu is a goat and is >>> quinton lol. Sarfraz isn't anything special but he has the singles taking ability and good conversion which is vital at no 4.

Tayyab idk how he'll do but he needs to be tested, he was the best top scorer in Pakistan cup, the same cup where chacha only mustered a 30 avg. Tayyab always strikes at a high sr as well, important no 5.

Haris is a hack but at no 6 he'd do better then the joke shaeddy, nawaz, usama trio.

Imad waseem is a million times > Nawaz irrespective of any stats nonsense people quote on me.

Abrar is out performing our current spinners.

Bowlers idk, need to be tested.

But overall a far better lineup then our current lineup

Which fans wanted Sharjeel I'm the xi
You didn't see the posts from so many like cerebral parrot, Rana as well as essays from mamoon addressing dozens of posters why imam is better then sharjeel

Pakistan's best success came with two LFM. India had no answer to Junaid and Amir so Hamza should've been picked. I think Rauf is done now

Pakistan's best success came with two LFM. India had no answer to Junaid and Amir so Hamza should've been picked. I think Rauf is done now
India has no issues playing junaid after 2012.

Junaid's inswings were soon figured out, in the same way shaheen's inswing was soon figured out.

2017 didn't happen then :/
That was Amir masterclass. Not junaid masterclass.

Although junaid did well in that tournament

Also Amir that day was a different beast. That Level of inswing is unplayable irrespective of the batsmen standing.

That was waseem akram level inswing that day lol, sad that Amir could never replicate it. That performance was once in a blue moon.

fans 11 is nautanki 11 as well just like current team.

That was Amir masterclass. Not junaid masterclass.

Although junaid did well in that tournament

Also Amir that day was a different beast. That Level of inswing is unplayable irrespective of the batsmen standing.

That was waseem akram level inswing that day lol, sad that Amir could never replicate it. That performance was once in a blue moon.
JK set the tone in the final and his tightness caused Indians to fish with Amir

That fans xi would get annihilated by current Pakistan team.

There are only 2 types of players. Performing and non performing. It’s not the fault of performing players that the other players don’t perform. I don’t know why we keep assigning blame like this.

Most of that fans xi are too young and hence the evidenced by their terrible current records. Or past it and have been deservedly dropped before. There’s not much else to look into.

There’s a lot of calls for pick the ‘other players’. However hardly any of them are even dominating in domestic year after year across formats. And yet somehow we expect them to excel in internationals. Look at PSL, it’s literally the same three Pakistani batsmen performing there year after year. Hardly anyone is consistent.

Imad obviously is an exception. But it’s an open secret that imad is kept out of the team for other reasons.

Umm nice team but can we tweak it a bit fan + players who are playing already

1) Fakhar Zaman
2) Abdullah Shafique
3) Babar Azam (C)
4) M. Rizwan (WK)
5) Saud Shakeel
6) Iftikhar Ahmed
7) Imad Wasim
8) Usama Mir
9) Shaheen Shah Afridi
10) Arshad Iqbal
11) Haris Rauf

Bench Strength

12) Tayyab Tahir
13) Abrar Ahmed
14) M. Wasim Jnr
15) Shadab Khan

Reserves

16) Sarfaraz Ahmed (WK)
17) Aamer Jamal
18) Omair Bin Yousuf

Umm nice team but can we tweak it a bit fan + players who are playing already

1) Fakhar Zaman
2) Abdullah Shafique
3) Babar Azam (C)
4) M. Rizwan (WK)
5) Saud Shakeel
6) Iftikhar Ahmed
7) Imad Wasim
8) Usama Mir
9) Shaheen Shah Afridi
10) Arshad Iqbal
11) Haris Rauf

Bench Strength

12) Tayyab Tahir
13) Abrar Ahmed
14) M. Wasim Jnr
15) Shadab Khan

Reserves

16) Sarfaraz Ahmed (WK)
17) Aamer Jamal
18) Omair Bin Yousuf
Lol you barely tweaked anything 🤣

Regardless fans 11 is not my personal 11.

This is what many Pakistani fans wanted

The current Pakistan team isn't all unmerited as people are making it up. There were two issues that brought us down big time:

1) Performance in opening powerplay. The culprit were openers basically Imam and no Fakhar. Abdullah and Fakhar look better together but Abdullah has a glaring issue of playing too many dot balls.

Imam was and will be a waste of a spot on flat Indian tracks. Saim could have been an inspired selection.

2) Spinners. This is the main reason of losses. Back in 2011, we had Ajmal, Afridi and Hafeez which were able to destroy other teams in middle overs. Field placements for spinners were also on point.
Shadab could have been taken as a batting allrounder but Nawaz and Usama Mir are way too ordinary. You could have taken Imad but I doubt his bowling would have helped us much. He is also a batting allrounder like Shadab.
We need to accept that we have no world class spinner even in domestic as well.

Saim should have gone to the World Cup that much is clear.

My honest question to all self proclaimed well wishers of Pak cricket.

Why is Sahibzada Farhan not picked despite being top run scorer of QEA trophy ?

Now that Babar and Inzimam are no longer in power, why did new CS pick Imam who was earlier favoured by Babar and Inzimam?

Back