Who is currently the world’s best keeper-batter in ODIs?

I think this is about the Best "wicket-keeper Batter" not just the Batter. As Rohit Sharma is not a Wicket-keeper he cannot be discussed here.
I was replying to a post about rizzu being top 3 all time which anil kumble said. That post is deleted now though lol.

Anyone who says rizwan is top 3 batsmen in the world currently is on drugs yes.

Why can't people accept he's just a good batsmen. Why is he top 3? In a world where kohli, Devon Conway, quinton, Rohit sharma and all these guys exist?

Isn't that disrespectful towards them?
Based on recent form.

Please try and understand the above.

Conway has only played 20 plus odis.

The other two are ATG level odi batters.

Based on recent form.

Please try and understand the above.

Conway has only played 20 plus odis.

The other two are ATG level odi batters.
On recent form Rizwan is in the top 3 yes, I agree. Can't deny that.

Haters only disappear when Rizwan scores big.

Let QDK score 131+ at a better SR, in a WC, then compare, until then - no comparison.

Haters, stay in hiding.
Well that is a very specific condition, would you be fine with 130?

What about 84 ball 100(against the same opponent)

Or, In the very next match,
109 against a much better opponent.

Loved Rizwan's gritty performance, he is like Pakistan answer to Dravid.

So, he is not the best wicketkeeper batsman in the world. He is playing in an era where every team expects the wicketkeeper to perform and most of the wicket keeper batsman are actually good.

I was replying to a post about rizzu being top 3 all time which anil kumble said. That post is deleted now though lol.
I should not have called you a hater. It was wrong of me to take things that far.

I just want Rizzu to continue with his current form and help Pakistan win this world cup. That's all I care about

I should not have called you a hater. It was wrong of me to take things that far.

I just want Rizzu to continue with his current form and help Pakistan win this world cup. That's all I care about

Haha, bro it's all good dw about it ❤️. We all get heated in moments, and sorry for any rizzu cultist remarks as well.

Inshalllah Pakistan will win and make us proud and rizzu is a fantastic batsmen and a really really good bat, no doubt about it. Currently he is top 3 in form, and no one can deny it unless their just hating.

My whole point was that realistically I don't want people to think he's > Butler or any of them. Not that he can't get their, but atm, Butler and quiton are the best.

Mendis, Rahul, Rizzu have a ways to go. But rizzu is defo capable of reaching that caliber, he isn't a weak batsmen, and he's easily pakistan's best wk batsmen all time, and he is Pakistan's best bat atm. He's also the 2nd best bat in this cup atm only behind quinton. (NOT talking about runs scored, obv openers have an advantage, talking about form in general)

Haha, bro it's all good dw about it ❤️. We all get heated in moments, and sorry for any rizzu cultist remarks as well.

Inshalllah Pakistan will win and make us proud and rizzu is a fantastic batsmen and a really really good bat, no doubt about it. Currently he is top 3 in form, and no one can deny it unless their just hating.

My whole point was that realistically I don't want people to think he's > Butler or any of them. Not that he can't get their, but atm, Butler and quiton are the best.

Mendis, Rahul, Rizzu have a ways to go. But rizzu is defo capable of reaching that caliber, he isn't a weak batsmen, and he's easily pakistan's best wk batsmen all time, and he is Pakistan's best bat atm. He's also the 2nd best bat in this cup atm only behind quinton. (NOT talking about runs scored, obv openers have an advantage, talking about form in general)
No worries bro ♥️

and I agree with your entire post.

No worries bro ♥️

and I agree with your entire post.

On current form rizzu is superior to all of Australia since Smith is a has been, he won't be scoring 70 ball 100's anymore this cup, same with Warner, Warner is done at this point. Labu and Marsh aren't enjoying Asian conditions at all and Carey and inglis are in the same boat.

In terms of SA, bavuma is a soft run scorer and a nothing player, Just another imam esc stat padded, besides quinton and markram the rest of South Africa has been inconsistent and all over the place, Basically bazzball approach so only quinton has been superior to rizzu.

England is a has been at this point, Bairstow hasn't been the same since he's cone back from injury, Butler's form has been poor in 2023, Stokes is still in recovery process, Brook is a disappointment, Roy has been hilarious and malan is inconsistent, match winner on his day but poor otherwise. Only root has been good.

Same with India, Rohit just now is getting form, he's been poor since 2019 otherwise, same with kohli and Rahul who are just now getting back to rhythm and pandya as well.

NZ is in the same boat as India, their all just now finding form.

Rizzu since 2021 has been the most consistent bat for Pakistan and atm form wise he's top 3 in the world.

All time Peak wise, Rizzu's all time Peak which is 2023 is not as good as rohit, Kohli, Rahul, Smith, Warner, bairstow, Butler, Stokes, Conway, Williamson, etc etc all time Peak.

He is far far below their primes. But yes atm rizzu is top 3 in terms of form. Gill is injured so he's out of it atm, and besides quinton and kohli who are superiro, Only root and rizzu have been debatable in terms of form with rizzu edging out slightly.

That was basically my entire point that I was making. He's am excellent bat but doesn't compare to their primes. But tbf to rizzu, rizzu hasn't reached his prime yet. 2023 has been his best year and he still has many more years to come before we can finally compare him to all these guys. That's why I said potential to reach cause rizzu isn't in prime atm, he's just reached the floor in 2023 lol, let him reach the ceiling atleast before making a final comparison.

That is what. He dropped vs NZ too. Point is QDK is vastly superior to Rizwan in terms of batting. Definitely may be pakistan's best keeper. I doubt he will walk into any top side except may be Australia.
The only 2 teams he doesn’t immediately walk into is South Africa because they have the best top 6 in the entire world and England because Jos Buttler is maybe the most explosive late order batsmen in the world.

He’s also way better at wicket keeping than Rahul and overall batting record is better. Rahul was literally hated by Indian fans until h returned from injury and played a couple good innings 😂 but I am happy to have India continue playing Rahul, he will choke when you need him most while Rizwan consistently stands up.

If explosiveness has to be discussed here then Jos Buttler is the man for it or maybe Quinton and Convay are there as well. But in terms of consistency, Rizwan is up there with Convay and Quinton. No doubt he has had a fabulous year and is still going strong.

The only 2 teams he doesn’t immediately walk into is South Africa because they have the best top 6 in the entire world and England because Jos Buttler is maybe the most explosive late order batsmen in the world.

He’s also way better at wicket keeping than Rahul and overall batting record is better. Rahul was literally hated by Indian fans until h returned from injury and played a couple good innings 😂 but I am happy to have India continue playing Rahul, he will choke when you need him most while Rizwan consistently stands up.

Agree with everything but disagree about the chocking part.

Rahul was hated by India because he was opening and was a terrible opener.

He's been a gun middle order bat though ever since he came back.

On current form rizzu is superior to all of Australia since Smith is a has been, he won't be scoring 70 ball 100's anymore this cup, same with Warner, Warner is done at this point. Labu and Marsh aren't enjoying Asian conditions at all and Carey and inglis are in the same boat.

In terms of SA, bavuma is a soft run scorer and a nothing player, Just another imam esc stat padded, besides quinton and markram the rest of South Africa has been inconsistent and all over the place, Basically bazzball approach so only quinton has been superior to rizzu.

England is a has been at this point, Bairstow hasn't been the same since he's cone back from injury, Butler's form has been poor in 2023, Stokes is still in recovery process, Brook is a disappointment, Roy has been hilarious and malan is inconsistent, match winner on his day but poor otherwise. Only root has been good.

Same with India, Rohit just now is getting form, he's been poor since 2019 otherwise, same with kohli and Rahul who are just now getting back to rhythm and pandya as well.

NZ is in the same boat as India, their all just now finding form.

Rizzu since 2021 has been the most consistent bat for Pakistan and atm form wise he's top 3 in the world.

All time Peak wise, Rizzu's all time Peak which is 2023 is not as good as rohit, Kohli, Rahul, Smith, Warner, bairstow, Butler, Stokes, Conway, Williamson, etc etc all time Peak.

He is far far below their primes. But yes atm rizzu is top 3 in terms of form. Gill is injured so he's out of it atm, and besides quinton and kohli who are superiro, Only root and rizzu have been debatable in terms of form with rizzu edging out slightly.

That was basically my entire point that I was making. He's am excellent bat but doesn't compare to their primes. But tbf to rizzu, rizzu hasn't reached his prime yet. 2023 has been his best year and he still has many more years to come before we can finally compare him to all these guys. That's why I said potential to reach cause rizzu isn't in prime atm, he's just reached the floor in 2023 lol, let him reach the ceiling atleast before making a final comparison.
What's the criterion for a "soft run scorer" and "nothing" player?

What's the criterion for a "soft run scorer" and "nothing" player?
Watch bavuma's innings alongside quinton's innings yesterday and you'll see what I mean.

I'm.not talking about the runs they scored BTW. When they were batting, bavuma was handicapping quinton due to his SR. Bavuma plays for himself while batting not the team lol.

He is a gun captain though in terms of field settings and being aggressive

Watch bavuma's innings alongside quinton's innings yesterday and you'll see what I mean.

I'm.not talking about the runs they scored BTW. When they were batting, bavuma was handicapping quinton due to his SR. Bavuma plays for himself while batting not the team lol.

He is a gun captain though in terms of field settings and being aggressive
So it's based on one game in which everyone struggled? What are his numbers in ODI's btw? Will be interesting to see how they read for a "nothing" player

Saying Rizwan is the best keeper/batsman in the world based on some fancy stats is like saying Bruce Reid was the best left armer in the world in the late 80s

So it's based on one game in which everyone struggled? What are his numbers in ODI's btw? Will be interesting to see how they read for a "nothing" player
Everyone struggled? What are you talking about, Quinton and the rest of the middle order treated Australia like a joke. Lol

Everyone struggled? What are you talking about, Quinton and the rest of the middle order treated Australia like a joke. Lol
Australia couldn't get going. Apart from Markram and QdK no one looked fluid. So yes, everyone struggled.

You still haven't addressed my post btw

Australia couldn't get going. Apart from Markram and QdK no one looked fluid. So yes, everyone struggled.

You still haven't addressed my post btw
Australia couldn't get going because their genuinely weak. They couldn't get going against India either.

People don't understand that the current Australian team is one of the weakest it's ever been. On paper it looks class but

Smith is a has been now, he ain't scoring 70 ball 100's like he use to in 2015, the guy's 45 of 75 balls ain't helping. Labu and Marsh look like tailenders in these conditions. Warner has been a has been for a while, he's now nothing more then a bazzball level Fodder. Maxwell has improved as a bowler but even he's on thin ice in terms of batting now.

Carey and inglis are useless atm throughout warmups and even now. SA smocked Sri lanka and Australia both easily.

As for bavuma, bro his 50 avg and 90 SR numbers don't matter. He's literally an improved version of imam, Scores soft runs and his pace never goes beyond 90 lol.

95% of the time he requires hand holding from markram and quinton while he goes on his merry way.

Nothing but delusion a innings that was helped by a noting attack and assistance of dew ,Here Rizwan fans started he superior to this and than he won't get place in Even India A side we have far superior wicketkeeper Batsman than that Statpadder Kisan ,Samson, Rahul ,Pant all are better than that Legwan, Though Rahul is brother of rizwan both are Statpadder.

He hadn't done anything significant till now ,it was more mediocrity of Lanka.

Australia couldn't get going because their genuinely weak. They couldn't get going against India either.

People don't understand that the current Australian team is one of the weakest it's ever been. On paper it looks class but

Smith is a has been now, he ain't scoring 70 ball 100's like he use to in 2015, the guy's 45 of 75 balls ain't helping. Labu and Marsh look like tailenders in these conditions. Warner has been a has been for a while, he's now nothing more then a bazzball level Fodder. Maxwell has improved as a bowler but even he's on thin ice in terms of batting now.

Carey and inglis are useless atm throughout warmups and even now. SA smocked Sri lanka and Australia both easily.

As for bavuma, bro his 50 avg and 90 SR numbers don't matter. He's literally an improved version of imam, Scores soft runs and his pace never goes beyond 90 lol.

95% of the time he requires hand holding from markram and quinton while he goes on his merry way.
So a chasing side couldn't get going and had to play test match cricket. What does that say about conditions?

This current Australian side was scoring 300+ totals on us until we turned it around in the 3rd ODI. They obliterated us in the T20's as well. They used a second string attack in those games btw. So I don't buy that. Let's see how other teams performs against them.

As for Bavuma, he went from being a nothing player to a player that averages 50 at 90, but "stats" don't matter, lol. Where was QdK and Makram when WC qualification was on the line? Why didn't they hold his hands then?

So a chasing side couldn't get going and had to play test match cricket. What does that say about conditions?

This current Australian side was scoring 300+ totals on us until we turned it around in the 3rd ODI. They obliterated us in the T20's as well. They used a second string attack in those games btw. So I don't buy that. Let's see how other teams performs against them.

As for Bavuma, he went from being a nothing player to a player that averages 50 at 90, but "stats" don't matter, lol. Where was QdK and Makram when WC qualification was on the line? Why didn't they hold his hands then?

That 2nd string side is ironically superior to their 1st string.

Bro I live in Australia, And I literally know about the Australian cricket community.

All of us were angry we didn't send in fresh blood. The cricket board sent in Warner, Smith etc because they thought that these legends are goated and are past 2015 winners, not realising their has beens now and are literal thorns in the side. The truth is their 1st string is an aged team that have lost their tempo.

Australia is in for a 2011 repeat.

That 2nd string side is ironically superior to their 1st string.

Bro I live in Australia, And I literally know about the Australian cricket community.

All of us were angry we didn't send in fresh blood. The cricket board sent in Warner, Smith etc because they thought that these legends are goated and are past 2015 winners, not realising their has beens now and are literal thorns in the side. The truth is their 1st string is an aged team that have lost their tempo.

Australia is in for a 2011 repeat.
The bowling attack Australia sent to South Africa isn't anywhere near Starc, Hazelwood and Cummins. Let's get that out of the way. I highly much doubt they have better players back home either. But that's neither here nor there

Nothing but delusion a innings that was helped by a noting attack and assistance of dew ,Here Rizwan fans started he superior to this and than he won't get place in Even India A side we have far superior wicketkeeper Batsman than that Statpadder Kisan ,Samson, Rahul ,Pant all are better than that Legwan, Though Rahul is brother of rizwan both are Statpadder.

He hadn't done anything significant till now ,it was more mediocrity of Lanka.
Every single player you listed are incredible choke artists. No wonder India has only made one final in an ICC LOI tournament since 2011. And during this final your entire squad was destroyed and barely outscored Fakhar Zaman who can not even make it as an opener on our team anymore 😂

Every one of your wicket keepers and every one of your batsmen are bunnies to New Zealand. Bullies in the group stage, failure under pressure. We have no such problem dealing with New Zealand team. Win a single ICC tournament and then you can talk about our mediocrity.

Every single player you listed are incredible choke artists. No wonder India has only made one final in an ICC LOI tournament since 2011. And during this final your entire squad was destroyed and barely outscored Fakhar Zaman who can not even make it as an opener on our team anymore 😂

Every one of your wicket keepers and every one of your batsmen are bunnies to New Zealand. Bullies in the group stage, failure under pressure. We have no such problem dealing with New Zealand team. Win a single ICC tournament and then you can talk about our mediocrity.
Only pakistani fans gets high after winning against worst attack of tournament side , calling other teams choker as if they are 5 teams of wc champion🤣Get smashed in 2021 T20 semis and 2022 final🤣We are choker better atleast we are invincible side at home in test matches and formidable in Sena unlike minnows🤣who get smashed by everyone at home. You should thank everyday to Bcci that they Don't play with you guys ,Else in last decade test matches should be like 25 -0.
Still livin' in that 2017 after we smashed you everywhere but not your faulty ,you haven't anything else to show.

World haven't seen yet to Pakistan produce a Atg batsman

Last edited by a moderator:
Only pakistani fans gets high after winning against worst attack of tournament side , calling other teams choker as if they are 5 teams of wc champion🤣Get smashed in 2021 T20 semis and 2022 final🤣We are choker better atleast we are invincible side at home in test matches and formidable in Sena unlike minnows🤣who get smashed by everyone at home. You should thank everyday to Bcci that they Don't play with you guys ,Else in last decade test matches should be like 25 -0.
Still livin' in that 2017 after we smashed you everywhere but not your faulty ,you haven't anything else to show.

World haven't seen yet to Pakistan produce a Atg batsman so no wonder you guys keep hyping these Legwan like bang average tuk tuk batsman.

That was won by Abdullah's Heroics not Rizwan ,Poor man's
It’s been 12 years since you managed to win a single ICC trophy. Since that time we have witnessed some of the biggest meltdown in the history of cricket from Indian Cricket Team.

152-0.
170-0.
Badly destroyed in both ICC World Test Championship finals.

Enjoy your meaningless bilateral series wins 😂

By the way, last time we played an ODI series, all of your legends - Kohli, Dohni, Gambhir, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Rohit, and Raina were all outplayed by a nothing batsmen, Nasir Jamshed 😂😂😂

Your team will forever be our little brothers. ❤️

It's been a tough week or so for Rizwan haters, no doubt it will get tougher in the coming weeks.
It’s been a rough few years 😂

Yet they’re still holding onto the hope that “he’ll be exposed soon”

@TheSultan just admit you were wrong about Rizwan and move on with your life. It is beyond humiliating now. You’re a better poster than this.

It’s been 12 years since you managed to win a single ICC trophy. Since that time we have witnessed some of the biggest meltdown in the history of cricket from Indian Cricket Team.

152-0.
170-0.

By the way, last time we played an ODI series, all of your legends - Kohli, Dohni, Gambhir, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Rohit, and Raina were all outplayed by a nothing batsmen, Nasir Jamshed 😂😂😂

Zindabad brother. 🔥

It’s been a rough few years 😂

Rizwan has given them so many slaps their faces are red raw and brains are turned to mush.

Yet they’re still holding onto the hope that “he’ll be exposed soon”

@TheSultan just admit you were wrong about Rizwan and move on with your life. It is beyond humiliating now. You’re a better poster than this.

Yo I have a question. Do you know how or why the rizwan hate started?

The reason I hated rizzu wasn't because I thought he was bad but I thought he was a chocker cause of his chocking innings in Asia cup final as well as his Mr no 4 remarks

He's obviously redeemed himself now, but I knew he was a class batsmen and he's justified the no 4 slot, so all good on my end.

But I've been reading posts Dating back way way before Asia cup. And it seems the hate was strong then.

They seem to blame rizzu for everything, not just the player. They blame him for ruining fakhar even though babar took fakhar's place lol, Rizzu took sharjeel's place after the boot.

They also somehow blame him for getting rid of sarfi when misbah did that, Rizzu had nothing to do with.

They also blame him for blocking upcoming youngsters when this is more so babar's doing and they blame him for sweeping even though his sr is 200 whole sweeping and he's never been dismissed once playing that.

Theirs alot more, like they blame him for offering namaz and being loyal to his religion as well which I don't get how that's a bad thing.

The hate is beyond epic proportions and isn't really fair. Beyond the asia cup final and chocking hate which he's redeemed himself now, I don't really understand what other criticism are their or how they even originated.

The reason I hated rizzu wasn't because I thought he was bad but I thought he was a chocker cause of his chocking innings in Asia cup final as well as his Mr no 4 remarks

He's obviously redeemed himself now, but I knew he was a class batsmen and he's justified the no 4 slot, so all good on my end.

But I've been reading posts Dating back way way before Asia cup. And it seems the hate was strong then.

They seem to blame rizzu for everything, not just the player. They blame him for ruining fakhar even though babar took fakhar's place lol, Rizzu took sharjeel's place after the boot.

They also somehow blame him for getting rid of sarfi when misbah did that, Rizzu had nothing to do with.

They also blame him for blocking upcoming youngsters when this is more so babar's doing and they blame him for sweeping even though his sr is 200 whole sweeping and he's never been dismissed once playing that.

Theirs alot more, like they blame him for offering namaz and being loyal to his religion as well which I don't get how that's a bad thing.

The hate is beyond epic proportions and isn't really fair. Beyond the asia cup final and chocking hate which he's redeemed himself now, I don't really understand what other criticism are their or how they even originated.
I think I do.

Years ago when Rizwan came onto the scene he was considered by some to have a flawed technique and limited ability.

I personally noted from the very start that there was an absolutely clutch player in there, and his determination and street fighting attitude would make him a success.

Rizwan has more than surpassed expectations in that time. The majority of people realise his worth now.

There are a few people who have held onto their original assessment and cannot adjust. This is because they do not understand cricket. Their posts here clearly reflect that.

As Rizwan became more successful they became angrier and angrier at being wrong.

So now all they do is write lists all day and seethe while Rizwan goes from strength to strength.

That is enough to drive them completely loopy.

Honestly the hate Rizwan gets from so many Pakistan "fans" should be researched by academics and made into a case study

My take on it is that most expected Rizwan to flop hard when he came into the team in 2019 and initially his first few innings made it appear that things would go this way.

However as time passed Rizwan kept on proving his haters wrong; first in the test format vs Australia, England and New Zealand.

Than he was promoted as a opener in T20s and this is where the hate got real. For some reason people thought Rizwan was not the right guy for the job and preferred hacks such as Shajreel, Kamran etc.

Rizwan once again did not just prove them wrong but utterly humiliated them by becoming the number 1 T20 batsmen, scoring the most runs in 2021 and doing something no Pakistani cricketer had ever done, contributing to a world cup win vs India

That was probably the straw which broke the camels back. From their out it become personal and many people would look to find any kind of flaws to discredit Rizwan whether it was regarding his game or his personal life

Now that he is continuing to throw eggs on their faces, the hate will become more irrational and anytime he plays a slightly substandard innings than you will see the hate pile up for him

The other part of it comes down to politics as Rizwan was the successor for Sarfraz and within media circles their is a large lobby for Sarfraz therefore they would also come down hard on him in order to attempt to get their golden boy back in the team or to throw out the guys who "destroyed" Sarfraz's career

I think I do.

Years ago when Rizwan came onto the scene he was considered by some to have a flawed technique and limited ability.

I personally noted from the very start that there was an absolutely clutch player in there, and his determination and street fighting attitude would make him a success.

Rizwan has more than surpassed expectations in that time. The majority of people realise his worth now.

There are a few people who have held onto their original assessment and cannot adjust. This is because they do not understand cricket. Their posts here clearly reflect that.

As Rizwan became more successful they became angrier and angrier at being wrong.

So now all they do is write lists all day and seethe while Rizwan goes from strength to strength.

That is enough to drive them completely loopy.

"Years ago when Rizwan came onto the scene he was considered by some to have a flawed technique and limited ability. "

So did babar though, babar was trash and got lucky he faced Zimbabwe. I saw him against Zimbabwe, the guy could barely stay still at the crease, besides one cover drive he was basically shehzad level in taking singles, he could hit sixes either.

Now he's unmatched against pace, a natural strike rotator etc, he's just a bit weak on the backfoot against spin but the rest is solid.

Sachin was also like that when he came on. Players take time to groom, even Gill in under 19 had zero footwork, I saw his first under 19 innings gs XD. Talent is built and cultivated not natural. No one is born into the world with genes to succeed lol.

"There are a few people who have held onto their original assessment and cannot adjust. This is because they do not understand cricket. Their posts here clearly reflect that.

So now all they do is write lists all day and seethe while Rizwan goes from strength to strength. "

But I don't get it? Only reason to be made at rizzu is for his choke in the asia cup final, sohaib akhtar rightfully pointed out it was a horrible innings, the score was chasable, it was easy pickings. But it is what it is, even kphli chockes lol.

Rizzu has redeemed himself easily now. Also the thing about rizzu, when he came onto the scene he was clueless against spin and fast. He genuinely was, but that's not the case anymore.

Also I disagree with the limited thing. I analysed him, the guy's backfoot and frontfoot play is better then babar. He's fine in technique, Whats weak about rizwan is his lack of stroke play. He only has 5 shots

1) The inside out drive
2) Sweep
3) Hoick over leg
4) Leg side jab
5) cut

^^ But it's not an issue, he plays these 5 shots to perfection tbh, especially the hoick and sweep. It's the same as virender sehwag, had excellent technique but low strokes, however what he had he played to perfection, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

"As Rizwan became more successful they became angrier and angrier at being wrong."

^^ Why single out rizzu though, babar is in the same boat. If anything if you shpuld get mad at someone it's imam, Imam hasn't improved since day 1. Imam is the only batsmen in the whole circuit who never adopted a growth mindset, (Fakhar did, but fakhar has technique problems)

Imam was more naturally talented. 2018 Imam is >>>>>>> 2016 debut babar and debut rizwan.

Now both have surpassed Imam and it isn't even close. Imam peaked on debut due to attitude and ego.

Honestly the hate Rizwan gets from so many Pakistan "fans" should be researched by academics and made into a case study

My take on it is that most expected Rizwan to flop hard when he came into the team in 2019 and initially his first few innings made it appear that things would go this way.

However as time passed Rizwan kept on proving his haters wrong; first in the test format vs Australia, England and New Zealand.

Than he was promoted as a opener in T20s and this is where the hate got real. For some reason people thought Rizwan was not the right guy for the job and preferred hacks such as Shajreel, Kamran etc.

Rizwan once again did not just prove them wrong but utterly humiliated them by becoming the number 1 T20 batsmen, scoring the most runs in 2021 and doing something no Pakistani cricketer had ever done, contributing to a world cup win vs India

That was probably the straw which broke the camels back. From their out it become personal and many people would look to find any kind of flaws to discredit Rizwan whether it was regarding his game or his personal life

Now that he is continuing to throw eggs on their faces, the hate will become more irrational and anytime he plays a slightly substandard innings than you will see the hate pile up for him

The other part of it comes down to politics as Rizwan was the successor for Sarfraz and within media circles their is a large lobby for Sarfraz therefore they would also come down hard on him in order to attempt to get their golden boy back in the team or to throw out the guys who "destroyed" Sarfraz's career

"Than he was promoted as a opener in T20s and this is where the hate got real. For some reason people thought Rizwan was not the right guy for the job and preferred hacks such as Shajreel, Kamran etc. "

Well kamran wasn't even in contention lol during this time, and it's not like sharjeel was avaliable
Sharjeel sold his country, so you needed and opener along with fakhar. Don't see who else could have opened back then, you only had the choice between khushdil, Hafeez, Asif and nawaz lol. What babar did to fakhar is up for debate though, but rizzu didn't replace fakhar, he replaced sharjeel lol due to his past domestic t20 opening record.

"The other part of it comes down to politics as Rizwan was the successor for Sarfraz and within media circles their is a large lobby for Sarfraz therefore they would also come down hard on him in order to attempt to get their golden boy back in the team or to throw out the guys who "destroyed" Sarfraz's career"

The thing is, I love sarfi and I feel he was unfairly booted out, mainly because the 2019 wc run wasn't poor, we had a freak accident against wi, but did beat 2 of the finalists, NZ and Eng. Its just with the way how England was playing, even at full CT level belief, we wouldn't have beaten 2019 England in a normal scenario.

However stating its rizzu's fault makes no sense. Misbah has a hate affair with sarfi. Rizzu doesn't really play a part lol. Rizzu was always going to open in t20 irrespective of whether sarfi was still captain or not. Their wasn't anyone else who could open besides hafeez who was a proper failure at opening and is basically another Rahul situation.

Also rizzu opened in domestic t20 since 2015 lol.

As for batting wise, Rizzu > Sarfi no doubt. Only thing sarfi had on him was wc knock but that's a moot point now. What rizzu played is something sarfi can't play.

The comparisons don't even make sense. Both are goats, one is the greatest WK bat for Pakistan and the other won a cup when everyone considered Pakistan a joke team.

Both have made strong contributions to the side. But rizzu has a higher ceiling then sarfi and this is coming from me who lobes and famboys sarfraz lol

152-0.
170-0.

Last time india travelled in your country you lost odi series and sehwag , Dravid smashed your bowlers everywhere ,Problem with you that you are living in pas glory because 🤣You haven't anything to show since 1992 , choking since then,

8 Times Asia cup champion 🏆
2 CT Winner 🏆
3 wc 🏆
India smashed you so much in last decade that you forgot counting That in 2013 india won CT.

India won twice in Australia 🏆🤣And then their a legendary team who can't win a single test there .

Atleast we are dominated in bilateral smashing their sides.

What's your achievement even bangladesh record better than your minnow level performance at home in test series😊

228 -0 🤨.
India 8 Times
Sri Lanka 7 times
Pakistan legendry team 2 times Asia cup😊

Last time india travelled in your country you lost odi series and sehwag , Dravid smashed your bowlers everywhere ,Problem with you that you are living in pas glory because 🤣You haven't anything to show since 1992 , choking since then,

8 Times Asia cup champion 🏆
2 CT Winner 🏆
3 wc 🏆
India smashed you so much in last decade that you forgot counting That in 2013 india won CT.

India won twice in Australia 🏆🤣And then their a legendary team who can't win a single test there .

Atleast we are dominated in bilateral smashing their sides.

What's your achievement even bangladesh record better than your minnow level performance at home in test series😊

228 -0 🤨.
India 8 Times
Sri Lanka 7 times
Pakistan legendry team 2 times Asia cup😊

Bro, you carry the biggest chocker on the planet tag though. India thrashes Pakistan yes in tournament openers etc. But they get thrashed by everyone in semi's or final's lol.

India is literally such a big chocker at this point. Only SA beats them in terms of chocking.

Granted Pakistan have recently been chocking as well with t20 2021 SF, 2022 final and Asia cup 2022 final as well.

But no where close to the level of chocking India has had lol.

Last time Pakistan visited India (2012), Pakistan whooped the Indian WC winning team to the point India never invited Pakistan again. So brutal was the beating, Tendulkar was afraid to play in the Anne do series.

It is you who lives in past glory, because the last time India visited Pakistan was 2 decades ago, since then Pakistan beat India in an ODI series last decade, thrashed India by 10 wickets in a WC 2 years, and humiliated India in the motherland in the CT17 final.

Recent form shows that Conway, Rizwan, and Quinton are our top 3. Rizwan has fantastic year going on and that chase was his best innings so far.

1. Buttler
2. Dekock
3. Hope
4. Rahul
5. Rizwan
6. Mendis
7. Rahim
8. Latham
9. Gurbaz
10. Carey

Big question now with the Asia cup providing us all with a reality check? What are the true Keeper/Batsmen ranking at the moment? My view is as follows:

1. Jos Butler
2. Quinton DeQock
3. KL Rahul
4. Heinrich Klaasen
5. Devon Conway
6. Ishan Kishan
7. Rehmanullah Gurbaz
8. Kusal Mendis
9. Mushfiqur Rahim
10. Mohammad Rizwan
11. Alex Carey
12. Liton Das

Honourable Mention: Nicholas Pooran (who will not feature in this World Cup but is ideally at number 6 before Kishan)

Thoughts?
This is the proper list

Gurbaz and Mendis any day over Rizwan

The bravado of some Pak posters here leading up to yesterday's game is laughable.

152-0.
170-0.

We did win the 2013 Champions Trophy bro. Just that we didn't bhangra over it for the next 5 years.

I think Rizwan and Gurbaz are the best keeper-batters currently (in ODI only).

Rizwan is better than Gurbaz but Gurbaz is catching up.

This is the proper list

Gurbaz and Mendis any day over Rizwan
My list

0) Prime Butler (Prime Butler >>>>>>>> Any WK currently)

1) Prime 2019 Bairstow ( He was the best opener in that cup, he's regressed badly since injury though)

2) Quinton de kock ( The guy has been 🔥 in 2023, Butler is defo more impactful but quinton is basically a solid 100 to 120 SR player and is consistent. Prime Butler > though.)

3) Devon Conway ( Gun player)

4) Rahul ( Above 2023 Butler, below quinton)

5) Klaseen

6) Ishan Kishan

7) Kusal Mendis

8) Prime Mushfiqar Rahim

9) Prime Alex Carey

10) Muhammad Rizwan/ rehmanullah gurbaz (Rizwan is more consistent, rehmanullah is more impactful)

11) Glenn Philips/Liton Das ( want to put these guys at 10, but I need to see more of them)

12) Current Butler( He's regressed badly in 2023)

13) Current Bairstow (Regressed even worse)

14) Current Mushfikar ( Age has caught up to him)

15) Josh Inglis( He's weak)

16) Current Alex Carey( Pretty much a has been)

You have him > Quinton and Rahul?
Well that was after his innings against srilanka. That innings might have clouded my judgement a little bit. The way he played against India was very timid and he didn't look like the best batsman but he is pretty good for Pakistani standards.

If he plays more knocks in this world like he did against srilanka there would be no doubt he will be the best wicketkeeper in the Odis.

Well that was after his innings against srilanka. That innings might have clouded my judgement a little bit. The way he played against India was very timid and he didn't look like the best batsman but he is pretty good for Pakistani standards.

If he plays more knocks in this world like he did against srilanka there would be no doubt he will be the best wicketkeeper in the Odis.

Rizzu is a good batsmen but he played against the worst bowling team of the tournament ironically even worse then nedtherlands lol. Not taking anything away from his innings but that bowling attack is a far cry.

Most posters here either Overlove or overhate rizwan, I'm neutral.

Rizzu is a decent bat but if I'm being genuinely honest Quinton and Rahul are 100x superior.

Butler is his prime was superior but atm butler and baorstow have regressed and so has Carey.

Rizzu vs mendis vs gurbaz is debatable. Mendis amd gurbaz are 100x more impactful but their also less consistent, they ain't fire like that Consisntly, it'll be a 1 in every 10 games scenario.

Liton das is a hack.

Conway is also superior

However if you take everyone's primes including rizwan( Rizzu in 2023 is his prime lol), them Butler, Quinton, Bairstow, Conway, Rahul, all superior to rizzu.

1. Rizwan
2. De Kock
3. Butler
4. Rahul
5. Conway
6. Gurbaz
7. Mendis
8. Liton
9. Carey
10. Whoever is Netherlands keeper

There are genuinely no wicket keepers anymore in white ball cricket.

Only batters who can keep.

1. Rizwan
2. De Kock
3. Butler
4. Rahul
5. Conway
6. Gurbaz
7. Mendis
8. Liton
9. Carey
10. Whoever is Netherlands keeper
1. De cock
2. Butler
3. Rizwan
4. Rahul
5. Conway
6. Mendis
7. Gurbaz
8. Liton
9. Carey

1. De cock
2. Butler
3. Rizwan
4. Rahul
5. Conway
6. Mendis
7. Gurbaz
8. Liton
9. Carey

Butler isn't as good as Rizwan...he may have been exceptional at one stage but I always found him to be overrated. QDK is very good but like most Saffers he is the king of soft performances. SA have almost always lost crucial group games and I cant remember the last time they won a knock out game.

Rizwan is the best keeper bat on the planet.

Butler isn't as good as Rizwan...he may have been exceptional at one stage but I always found him to be overrated. QDK is very good but like most Saffers he is the king of soft performances. SA have almost always lost crucial group games and I cant remember the last time they won a knock out game.

Rizwan is the best keeper bat on the planet.
Yh butler is Fodder. How dare he hit 45 ball 100's

Kohli is better

But

Rizzu is now the king of chase
Sp Stokes chansing in 2019 finals against the best bowling team of the tournament and 2022 t20 world cup against the naseem, Shaheen and Rauf trio in Red hot form is not the king of chase but rizzu chasing against the worst bowling line up in the tournament is?

Josh da silva meant to have been the difference between aus and lanka today

Can't look further than de kock or mushfiqur IMO however

King of chase vs Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan etc or B or C teams of India, Nz, Australia.
B team of India would crush rizwan lol. And so would NZ. The side we played was a D string NZ. Latham isn't am opener, young is the wrak link and now dropped for ravindra.

Only mark Chapman was the one who needed grooming and was groomed as class. As well as Mitchell

Rest all are bad. An acutal B string bowling of NZ is Destroying Rizwan since matt Henry was considered B string until now where he's considered a Main.

Back