Who is currently the world’s best keeper-batter in ODIs?

Well he didn't keep in the IPL that made him famous right? So it's a natural qn. He did not keep for Australia either.

I am surprised that you say Jaiswal and Abhishek need more exposure before they can settle down but at the same time call this chap the best keeper bat int he whole world based on exactly what ?.

He's played just 2 ODIs and avg like 25. Lol. That's too premature
When did I call him the best?

I said he'll be on this list soon? Freaking rizwan is placed on this rank and the OP ranks him as 13th?

haha i have never seen him doing keeping in matches that's why i asked! lol
Well he is a keeper, but I don't think he'll keep for Australia.

I doubt they'll go that route since he isn't frontline to be a keeper, he's frontline to be an opener.

When did I call him the best?

I said he'll be on this list soon? Freaking rizwan is placed on this rank and the OP ranks him as 13th?
Hmm still makes no sense as he's not a keeper at any serious level yet.

A bit like calling Dravid the best wicket keeper batter India have ever had.

Hmm still makes no sense as he's not a keeper at any serious level yet.

A bit like calling Dravid the best wicket keeper batter India have ever had.
Okay fair enough lol. The dravid comment made me laugh irl 🤣. Good counter.

He can clarify. And if not, how is Rizwan in his top 4? Because he is Pakistani?
He is a good combination of batting and keeping.

I think he is a fine keeper. Very tidy and often doesn't make mistakes. He backs that up with some decent batting.

There may be others that are better batsmen but he is right up with the best if you combine both factors.

He is a good combination of batting and keeping.

I think he is a fine keeper. Very tidy and often doesn't make mistakes. He backs that up with some decent batting.

There may be others that are better batsmen but he is right up with the best if you combine both factors.
Because he’s a slightly better keeper, it makes him on par or better than Butler, DeQock, Klaasen, Gurbaz, Pant etc?

Because he’s a slightly better keeper, it makes him on par or better than Butler, DeQock, Klaasen, Gurbaz, Pant etc?
I don't think he is a slightly better keeper I think he is a much better glovesman than some names mentioned here. So that brings his overall ranking up in my eyes.

Dekock is better overall though yeah. I think I had put Klassen down so I overlooked him on my original list.

But I do think he is better than Pant and Gurbaz in ODI. They have a higher ceiling though and will likely surpass him if his career stagnates.

He can clarify. And if not, how is Rizwan in his top 4? Because he is Pakistani?
If you go by 2024 t20 wc then it's

1) Quinton de kock

2) Butler

3) Gurbaz

4) Nicholas pooran

^^ Note not ranked in order. Just listing the 4 best.

If you go overall

Then Butler, Klaseen, quinton and Gurbaz.

Gurbaz is extremely underrated because he happens to be from Afghanistan and Afghanistan as a team themselves are underrated.

Gurbaz averaging 37 and 89 sr in odi makes him gun, and in t20 he's equally consistent with a monster SR.

Conway has no form atm, NZ is out of it, so can't put him here. As for Australia, Alex Carrey, Inglis and Mattew wade are average, nothing special.

As for India, idk, Pant is kinda a t20 player, he's not really good for odi and KL Rahul is good for odi and test, not for t20. Neither of these 2 are all format. Sanju Sampson deserves more chances, I'm sure he'll enter this list if persisted. Since I find him better then Gurbaz but only if he's given enough time to prove himself.

If you go by 2024 t20 wc then it's

1) Quinton de kock

2) Butler

3) Gurbaz

4) Nicholas pooran

^^ Note not ranked in order. Just listing the 4 best.

If you go overall

Then Butler, Klaseen, quinton and Gurbaz.

Gurbaz is extremely underrated because he happens to be from Afghanistan and Afghanistan as a team themselves are underrated.

Gurbaz averaging 37 and 89 sr in odi makes him gun, and in t20 he's equally consistent with a monster SR.

Conway has no form atm, NZ is out of it, so can't put him here. As for Australia, Alex Carrey, Inglis and Mattew wade are average, nothing special.

As for India, idk, Pant is kinda a t20 player, he's not really good for odi and KL Rahul is good for odi and test, not for t20. Neither of these 2 are all format. Sanju Sampson deserves more chances, I'm sure he'll enter this list if persisted. Since I find him better then Gurbaz but only if he's given enough time to prove himself.
@Rana Actually i take back what I said about Pant. He's gun in odi as well.

Butler, Quinton, Klaseen, Pant should be top 4

@Rana Actually i take back what I said about Pant. He's gun in odi as well.

Butler, Quinton, Klaseen, Pant should be top 4
Can you explain how Rizwan is a vastly better keeper than everyone else in the world? Do other keepers give away 20+ more byes than Rizwan does, and do they drop 1 catch+ miss one stumping a game more than Rizwan does?

I don't think he is a slightly better keeper I think he is a much better glovesman than some names mentioned here. So that brings his overall ranking up in my eyes.

Dekock is better overall though yeah. I think I had put Klassen down so I overlooked him on my original list.

But I do think he is better than Pant and Gurbaz in ODI. They have a higher ceiling though and will likely surpass him if his career stagnates.
Right now,

If Afghanistan had the choice to pick Rizwan over Gurbaz

And India had the choice to pick Rizwan over Pant…

Would they do it?

Can you explain how Rizwan is a vastly better keeper than everyone else in the world? Do other keepers give away 20+ more byes than Rizwan does, and do they drop 1 catch+ miss one stumping a game more than Rizwan does?
I can't explain bro, I never even claimed that he was.

If you want my perspective,

In terms of Keeping ability, Rizwan isn't a bad keeper by any means, His jumps usually save Pakistan overhead boundaries that rauf has a habit of pitching in.

Rizzu's issue is that he isn't good under pressure, It's in pressure moments where he fumbles in keeping like he did in PSL for 3 finals in a row and against USA in the SO.

And his ability to judge LBW is extremely extremely poor.

Long story short, he's good for long distance catching, aka dives and what not. He's poor when he's keeping against spinners though or when he actually has to throw the ball back to the stumps to prevent a bye.

I can't explain bro, I never even claimed that he was.

If you want my perspective,

In terms of Keeping ability, Rizwan isn't a bad keeper by any means, His jumps usually save Pakistan overhead boundaries that rauf has a habit of pitching in.

Rizzu's issue is that he isn't good under pressure, It's in pressure moments where he fumbles in keeping like he did in PSL for 3 finals in a row and against USA in the SO.

And his ability to judge LBW is extremely extremely poor.

Long story short, he's good for long distance catching, aka dives and what not. He's poor when he's keeping against spinners though or when he actually has to throw the ball back to the stumps to prevent a bye.
Jee @DeadlyVenom

These are extremely valid points. I agree with Momin here. I hate Rizwan’s guts in general but I haven’t been too critical of his keeping. I recon he is a gun keeper, but to say he is much better than all of the keepers in the international circuit is an exaggeration.

Jee @DeadlyVenom

These are extremely valid points. I agree with Momin here. I hate Rizwan’s guts in general but I haven’t been too critical of his keeping. I recon he is a gun keeper, but to say he is much better than all of the keepers in the international circuit is an exaggeration.
In terms of keeping ability, QDK is defo the best. Although he does cheat or is immoral at times, aka his sly run outs by pretending the ball is going at the other end lol. But again if ICC is fine with it I'm fine with it.

Worst keeper atm in terms of keeping ability is Conway, He was a better finger throughout the tournament.

Otherwise it's azam khan, but if people want to exclude him for the nepo baby tag, then it's probs Ishan kishan from India( when he keeps, but he isn't a frontline keeper. He's Ironically India's 4th to 8th choice usually)

Rizwan is not the best one for overall stats in keeping+batting etc but he is nowhere near to be at the bottom.

Klassen, dekock, butter, pant, rizwan, gurbaz would be in my 1op 10 any day.

Jee @DeadlyVenom

To put him so low in your list is the exaggeration.

To have him amongst the best 4-5 keepers currently in the ODI formats, like I did is accurate.

To have him amongst the best 4-5 keepers currently in the ODI formats, like I did is accurate.
For me Rizzu is better then Australian keepers atm.

Alex Carrey, inglis and Mattew wade have played clutch innings in their career no doubt but Inglis has been awful on recent times, Carrey is AlrightE but inconsistent and mattew wade is wasged up.

And rn he's easily > Conway who was so poor Uganda bowlers were troubling him.

Rizwan is decent in test, a mid tier keeper in odi and very awful in t20.

Rizwan isn't the issue for pakistan's downfall in odi or test. Infact in test he's a good asset for the team. He is however one of the main reasons for the downfall of t20.

But odi and t20 he's fine. Odi's biggest issue is the team combination of having all accumulators, Abdullah, Imam, Babar, rizwan, Saud, Chacha can't all play one after the other in the modern era for obvious reasons.

Test issue is the top order. Rizzu is good in test and strengthens the lower order.

Rizwan is not the best one for overall stats in keeping+batting etc but he is nowhere near to be at the bottom.
8-10 play internationals with each other

Rizwan happens to be 1 of the 8-10 keepers in these countries.

The top 5-6 of these countries all have a keeper+Batter better than Rizwan. They also all have a solid 2nd keeper, and some have excellent 3rd and 4th choices too. All better than Rizwan.

Pakistanis need to stop lying about Rizwan being one of the best keeper+Batters in the world. Sorry, he isn’t. Get over it! You don’t see Scotland claiming George Munsey is one of the best left handed T20 openers in the world just because he is one of the few prominent ones that play international cricket and is decent for his role.

For me Rizzu is better then Australian keepers atm.
Australia need a keeper either to open or bat at 7.

Is Rizwan better than Inglis, Carey and Wade for this role? They don’t need a player to bat at number 4 or 5 for them.

Australia need a keeper either to open or bat at 7.

Is Rizwan better than Inglis, Carey and Wade for this role? They don’t need a player to bat at number 4 or 5 for them.
Ya cause they have maxwell and stones for that.

Regardless everyone knows the story of rizzu man. But because it's misbah they won't admit it.

Made his debut in 2015, simply wasn't good enough despite afridi giving him a push in 2016.

Kept getting dropped, couldn't even make his way to 2019 wc and all the sudden bam, Misbah comes in, decides to remove the greatest talent to come for pakistan since ce saeed Anwar for Rizwan so he can make him work.

Then for odi, 2 new talents come in the form of Salman Ali agha and Saud shakeel. 2 players who can replace shadab and Rizzu for good, especially when saud has a test 200 something babar hasn't even achieved in his entire career.

But because rizwan wanted no 4 and shadab no 5, it meant that neither saud or Salman could play and if they could it would be no 6 where they would slog.

3 talents have been ruined courtesy of rizwan (Tayyab, Saud and Fakhar) and 2 talents by shadab (Salman and abrar).

Bro @Rana The thread is about better batsmen keepers, not better utility players and combination gellers, since you put Carrey below rizwan on the list.

Pakistan is not the team that can ever actually gell a proper combination. Not under Babar and rizwan atleast.

Let me give you an example.

Afghanistan’s second keeper Ikram Khalil is a better gloves man than Rizwan. He is an absolute gun behind the stumps. He’s actually a pretty neat batter too. Is that a fair comparison, Rizwan v Khalil? I don’t think Rizwan would get picked over Gurbaz

Afghanistan’s second keeper Ikram Khalil is a better gloves man than Rizwan. He is an absolute gun behind the stumps. He’s actually a pretty neat batter too. Is that a fair comparison, Rizwan v Khalil? I don’t think Rizwan would get picked over Gurbaz
After t20 wc 2024 and wc 2023. No one is picking rizzu over gurbaz

Pakistanis learn the hard way. They will continue in this trend of attaining knowledge.
These are the odi stats

1) Kl Rahul (avg 50)
2) Quinton (avg 45)
3) Conway (Avg 44)
4) Rizwan (Avg 40)
5) Butler (Avg 39)
6) Gurbaz (avg 39)
7) Pooran (Avg 39)
8) Carey (Avg 33)

According to Averages Rizwan is the 4th best wk in the world 🤡 with Kl Rahul being the best 🤡

I haven't seen this Ikram guy so don't know how good he is.

In Afghanistan's case if they had the option I think they would drop a batsman play Gurbaz as a batter only and bring Rizwan in as keeper bat.

These are the odi stats

1) Kl Rahul (avg 50)
2) Quinton (avg 45)
3) Conway (Avg 44)
4) Rizwan (Avg 40)
5) Butler (Avg 39)
6) Gurbaz (avg 39)
7) Pooran (Avg 39)
8) Carey (Avg 33)

According to Averages Rizwan is the 4th best wk in the world 🤡 with Kl Rahul being the best 🤡
KL Rahul is a highly criticized player in India and he does deserve much of the criticism he receives. Rizwan on the other hand, seems to always be in conversations about being the GOAT.

KL Rahul is a highly criticized player in India and he does deserve much of the criticism he receives. Rizwan on the other hand, seems to always be in conversations about being the GOAT.
To be fair to KL Rahul he isn't a bad player.

After wc 2023 he was dead in tears, because he truly wanted to take India over the finish line. It shows a player who is plays for his team.

On top of which I'll never forget the thrashing he gave to pakistan in Asia Cup. He's a gun player however he just does not have the tournament mentality that someone like rohit has, aka being committed to win something

The only issue I have is that Dravid made alot of concessions to place Rahul on the team. Once he failed as an opener, he was given the no 5 position and it could have been utilised by someone else.

Rahul is 1000x better then rizwan at any stage of his career.

Rizwan on the other hand doesn't play for his team, only player who seemed to play their heart out in the cup was naseem shah, the rest either felt like outsiders or Just the same bhegerat mentality that Babar, Rizwan, Shadab and Chacha usually portray.

Back