Who is currently the world’s best keeper-batter in ODIs?

This is going to be one of the legendary threads of PP. Like the Imam vs KL Rahul thread.

This is going to be one of the legendary threads of PP. Like the Imam vs KL Rahul thread.

My friend, this is nothing compared to this absolute gem.

Buttler, obviously.

Across formats, the best keeper-batsman is Rizwan.

Some people are still upset that he took Sarfraz’s place in the team and not just outperformed him but is quickly going on to become the world’s best.

KL Rahul
Quinton de kock
Mohammad Rizwan

One of these three. Klaasen can also keep but he is not keeping for SA as they have Qdk. Same for Bairstow also.

KL Rahul
Quinton de kock
Mohammad Rizwan

One of these three. Klaasen can also keep but he is not keeping for SA as they have Qdk. Same for Bairstow also.
Butler by a distance and then Klaasen & follwed by Bairstow , Rizwan.
Bro, yes I am a team India supporter but there is no way KLRahul should be in the list. Nowhere close. One good inn against Aus is not good enough. It was a low 200 target so helped him as he could tuk tuk initially. My guess is he will be exposed again as higher scores need to be made. I prefer SKY anyday over KL..

Bro, yes I am a team India supporter but there is no way KLRahul should be in the list. Nowhere close. One good inn against Aus is not good enough. It was a low 200 target so helped him as he could tuk tuk initially. My guess is he will be exposed again as higher scores need to be made. I prefer SKY anyday over KL..
Should be :: Butler by a distance and then Klaasen, de kock & follwed by Bairstow , Rizwan.

He still won’t be
Bro, honest suggestion it is about time you let your rigid ego go and admit the reality exactly like I am admitting that Babar has a poor start to this WC campaign, it is too low for a batter of his caliber.

Bro, honest suggestion it is about time you let your rigid ego go and admit the reality exactly like I am admitting that Babar has a poor start to this WC campaign, it is too low for a batter of his caliber.
Fair enough

But Rizwan still isn’t one of the best keeper batsmen in the world

One game doesn't make anyone great or best, yes today's innings was exceptional but to be great/best, you need to make these exceptional innings the norm. None the less he has the best odds of repeat performance in the whole squad.

Fair enough

But Rizwan still isn’t one of the best keeper batsmen in the world
He is easily top 2, top 3. He is averging around 80 with a SR of 95-100 in 2023. That is what 'currently' means.

I'm pretty sure rizzu and Abdullah shut everyone up today, so theirs no point in hating anymore.

I've read the threads. In the beginning everyone went from bashing Abdullah and rizzu endlessly, At the end everyone got humbled.

I think all of us who did track trash in my case for rizzu and anyone else who did so for Abdullah should just man up and admit their mistakes.

No shame in it, we are pakistani after all, if they came good for the team then I don't see why we can't just admit we were wrong? And congratulate the boys today.

He is easily top 2, top 3. He is averging around 80 with a SR of 95-100 in 2023. That is what 'currently' means.
And currently there are keepers who are in the list and are performing

OP mentions currently, not the best from this generation.

KL Rahul hit a hundred vs Pakistan in Asia Cup also. The game vs Australia, his knock was absolutely high quality on a tricky pitch with 3 down at 2. It was a terrific knock by all standards. Rahul averages 78 this year which is superb.

OP mentions currently, not the best from this generation.

KL Rahul hit a hundred vs Pakistan in Asia Cup also. The game vs Australia, his knock was absolutely high quality on a tricky pitch with 3 down at 2. It was a terrific knock by all standards. Rahul averages 78 this year which is superb.
Even currently that would be the list unless currently means the last 1 or 2 games. We can agree to disagree but there is no way klrahul is near that list. Low scoring game it was. Very highly doubt he would play a match winning knock if target was 250 plus or higher. Let's see he has 8 more games to go. Hope I am wrong but generally he plays 1 good knock per series and he is mediocre in the rest- story of his career pretty much and dont see it changing now. He will play all the remaining 8 games now based on this 1 knock and will severely underperform.

We can wait and watch !
Seen too many of his tuk tuk ipl knocks. Yeah its odi - but the same applies..

Even currently that would be the list unless currently means the last 1 or 2 games. We can agree to disagree but there is no way klrahul is near that list. Low scoring game it was. Very highly doubt he would play a match winning knock if target was 250 plus or higher. Let's see he has 8 more games to go. Hope I am wrong but generally he plays 1 good knock per series and he is mediocre in the rest- story of his career pretty much and dont see it changing now. He will play all the remaining 8 games now based on this 1 knock and will severely underperform.

We can wait and watch !
Seen too many of his tuk tuk ipl knocks. Yeah its odi - but the same applies..

Averages 75 this year, lol at 1 good knock per series and tuk tuk batsman.

Rizwan averages 40 while Rahul averages 49 :inti

Averages 75 this year, lol at 1 good knock per series and tuk tuk batsman.

Rizwan averages 40 while Rahul averages 49 :inti
Let's wait and watch ! Butler klaasen dekock bairstow have 7 or 8 more games to go as well. Klrahul cracks in high pressure games -- will be good to see the remaining 8 games - exciting games ahead though to see his performance 🙂

I think it is fair to say that Rizwan is currently the world's best keeper batter in Odis and T20s

Let's wait and watch ! Butler klaasen dekock bairstow have 7 or 8 more games to go as well. Klrahul cracks in high pressure games -- will be good to see the remaining 8 games - exciting games ahead though to see his performance 🙂

We have waited and watched everything. KL averages 75 this year, that's consistency. He performed against multiple 160 kph legendary phaast bowler from Pakistan recently in Asia Cup, delivered in a high pressure game vs Australia with his team reeling at 2/3 in a World Cup game even after the wicket of Kohli, it was a chanceless knock from him. He has proved it all and can afford to fail vs weaker teams now.

Rahul might have been a midget pre-marriage but now he has become a man and has proved everyone everything by performing vs Australia in WC as standout player. Performing in knockouts is still left but we are not discussing ATG keepers here, we are discussing current best keepers.

Rizwan and Kl Rahul are on top in this competition. Both have performed exceptionally well in 2023.

No doubt on who it is however the question now arises on when Rizwan puts his boots up where will he be considered when talking about the best keeper batsmen off all time

For me he will probably finish at 3 just behind Gilchrist and Sangakkara however in T20s he will easily be considered the GOAT not just as a keeper but as a batsmen

Haters only disappear when Rizwan scores big.

Let QDK score 131+ at a better SR, in a WC, then compare, until then - no comparison.

Haters, stay in hiding.

Haters only disappear when Rizwan scores big.

Let QDK score 131+ at a better SR, in a WC, then compare, until then - no comparison.

Haters, stay in hiding.
So DeQock’s hundred in a World Cup game (most likely in a winning cause) against a strong Australian attack holds no comparison to Rizwan’s 130 against Sri Lanka?

Looks like QDK century will be in a losing cause! LOL

Aus 70/5 chasing 312.

No Carey for the big chase either.

Lets see.

Are you spinning tracks in your mind?

How does it look like QDK century will be for a losing cause?
Munda confuse ho gaya hai, but I thought from now on RANA stands for Rizwan Agenda Not Again. Let's leave it at thee are many great wicket keeper batsmen out there and Rizwan is doing fine job for Pakistan.

Are you spinning tracks in your mind?

How does it look like QDK century will be for a losing cause?
You clearly do not detect sarcasm, but to be expected since Pakistan has proven you wrong twice in this WC, so its your mind is all over the place.

You claimed NL would beat Pakistan, proven wrong.

You claimed SL would beat Pakistan, and Rizwan proved you wrong.

You claimed Australia would beat SA, and once again, yup, like clock work, you have been proven wrong.

Why don't you stick to supporting convicted fixers and stop pretending you support Pakistan and do us all a favour.

You clearly do not detect sarcasm, but to be expected since Pakistan has proven you wrong twice in this WC, so its your mind is all over the place.

You claimed NL would beat Pakistan, proven wrong.

You claimed SL would beat Pakistan, and Rizwan proved you wrong.

You claimed Australia would beat SA, and once again, yup, like clock work, you have been proven wrong.

Why don't you stick to supporting convicted fixers and stop pretending you support Pakistan and do us all a favour.
What are you on about? You seem to have totally lost the plot

QDK by some distance at this point. What a player. He has multiple gears. Even in Tests his strike rate is 70.

Even when Pakistan win, Rizwan isn’t in the top 5 keeper/batsmen of the world
Hahahah. From Rizwan isn't in the top 10, to Rizwan isn't in the top 5.

What a difference an innings can make!

Please write another article, this time on how Rizwan wouldn't score runs in India according to your prediction.

103 (WU)
131*

Guys rizzu may be great but kamas kam don't compare him to quinton, Butler or Glenn Philips lol.

These guys have single handidely won way way more matches then rizzu ever has.

Rizzu did well and played a killer innings but one game shouldn't mean he's auto >>>>>> the guys before him who have played much better innings before him.

The amount of times Butler has scored 45-50 ball 100's and single handidely dominated WC oppositions in world cup stages or the way quinton is playing.

Appreciate rizzu but you all need to find a balance. Respect other teams and other players as well, their also goats.

No more rizzu Cult acting like he's God and everyone else is Fodder. Let him grow into that pedestal before making him out to be the next gilchrist

Rizzu is still not > Mendis, Quinton, Butler or Rahul as a keeper.

He's a good keeper but saying he's > them based of one killer innings and a consistent 2023 run is a lie.

Quinton is doing >>>>>> Then rizzu in 2023 world cups.

Butler's 100 of 45-50 balls seals the deal most of te time, Mendis is capable of outbatting the opposition, Rahul gives Pakistan nightmares.

It's important to wake up to reality

Golden generation isn't it:

Buttler, Bairstow, de Kock, Pant, Rizwan.
There’s a difference

The first 4 have done it regularly against the elite bowling attacks

Rizwan has done it against Sri Lanka

Golden generation isn't it:

Buttler, Bairstow, de Kock, Pant, Rizwan.
How is pant and rizzu in golden generation?

The innings was good but the golden generation should be Butler and Quinton only. Rahul, Rizzu, mendis are getting their but they have a long way to go before they reach the status of the above 2

How is pant and rizzu in golden generation?

The innings was good but the golden generation should be Butler and Quinton only. Rahul, Rizzu, mendis are getting their but they have a long way to go before they reach the status of the above 2
Based on recent stats, you can certainly include Rizwan as he is leading in all formats of cricket.

Based on recent stats, you can certainly include Rizwan as he is leading in all formats of cricket.

No you can't, I like rizzu, and I'm saying this as a genuine fan, he does not compare to quinton or butler by any means.

Let's just appreciate we have a good and consistent wk batsmen who wins us games and plays well, rather then overrating him and acting like he's the next best thing.

Quinton and butler have dominated an entire era for nearly 7-8 years now, especially butler during his golden 2016-2019 days.

Rizzu has had a few good innings such as ending the moqa moqa nonsense, being the 3rd batter to score a century in every format of the game, as well playing one of the greatest world cup innings. Yes they are valuable contributions but he still has a ways to go.

And I'm not just singling out rizzu, KL Rahul, Mendis, Glenn Philips, all these lads have a ways to go before you can put them in quinton and butler's caliber.

I'm just making sure people stay In reality rather then go onto folklore levels of nonsense.

I don’t get how brazen some people were straight after the SL game. Yes Rizwan played a good knock, but it is game two out of 9. Some of them will play 11!

But even in the same match Mendis scored a much more destructive century.

QDK today, who knows Buttler tomorrow etc etc.

Rizzu is still not > Mendis, Quinton, Butler or Rahul as a keeper.

He's a good keeper but saying he's > them based of one killer innings and a consistent 2023 run is a lie.

Quinton is doing >>>>>> Then rizzu in 2023 world cups.

Butler's 100 of 45-50 balls seals the deal most of te time, Mendis is capable of outbatting the opposition, Rahul gives Pakistan nightmares.

It's important to wake up to reality
You clearly hate Rizwan, but refusing to come out and admit this.

These same folks were telling us how opening is an easier position to bat on and how Misbah helped Rizwan in T20s and saved his career, but the same can't be applied on Quinton. lol

Quinton is a great player, but both times he scored runs batting first and from the opening position and on much easier pitches.

SA top 6 are considered to be the best in business where Quinton's job is much easier.

Rizwan's both innings were much better and from the position and a situation where Pakistan had a mini collapse going on.

If it was not for Rizwan Pakistan would have lost both games.

Abdullah and Saud were lucky to bat with Rizwan as he absorbed all the pressure and allowed them to bat freely. This is a fact! Anyone not agreeing with this have never played any competitive cricket and have no idea how this game is played.
Sorry for being direct but had to say it.

You clearly hate Rizwan, but refusing to come out and admit this.

These same folks were telling us how opening is an easier position to bat on and how Misbah helped Rizwan in T20s and saved his career, but the same can't be applied on Quinton. lol

Quinton is a great player, but both times he scored runs batting first and from the opening position and on much easier pitches.

SA top 6 are considered to be the best in business where Quinton's job is much easier.

Rizwan's both innings were much better and from the position and a situation where Pakistan had a mini collapse going on.

Abdullah and Saud were lucky to bat with Rizwan as he absorbed all the pressure and allowed them to bat freely. This is a fact! Anyone not agreeing with this have never played any competitive cricket and have no idea how this game is played.

Now ik what @TheSultan means about rizzu cult, good god.

If you say anything valid about rizzu but it's slightly not upto expectations everyone shouts YOU HATE RIZZU, HATERRRRRR BLAH BLAH.

But okay bro, Rizzu is the greatest keeper bat of all time. The likes of Dhoni and gilchrist and Sangakara are nothing compared to the likes of the great all mighty rizwan.

Wake up to reality, rizwan has played good knocks, he ended the moqa moqa nonsense, he played one of the greatest world cup innings and he's played consistently and in 2023 he is pakistan's best odi bat atleast. With saud being pakistam's best test bat.

But he does not lick the boots of quinton or Butler, not even Rahul.

Quinton and butler have dominated an entire era, Butler has literally smocked Pakistan with 100 of 46 balls and took his team to a record breaking 444 score. And plenty of other scores even against peak Australia smashing them to 481.

Quinton in this world cup has played clutch innings and dominated the likes of stark, Hazelwood etc while rizzu dominated a relatively weaker bowling attack in the tournament as Sri lanka bowling attack is not better them Australia's bowling attack.

Rizzu is good,So is mendis etc but no one compares to Butler and quinton as a wicketkeeper bat atm.

Saying rizzu compares to them is outright dishonesty, it doesn't make me a hater if I say that rizzu is a good bat but he is clearly not superior to Butler or quinton by any means.

For me there’s 3 top WK and all they all are good at different roles:

QDK - Amazing opener with a very versatile game.
Buttler - He can take good scores and make them great scores. Definitely the cleanest hitting wicket keeper and one of the best hitters in general.
Rizwan - Clutch, good for building innings and is a backbone during chases.

I like them all. A player like Rizwan fits best in Pakistan. If we had a more stacked top 5 then I’d rather have Buttler to come in at 6.

The formula is very simple, not sure why majority of the posters have trouble figuring this out. In order to be the best keeper batter, you first need to be the best keeper first as that's the primary role of a keeper. Buttler, Pant and many others have been horrible as wicket keepers.

Also Rizwan is legitimately one of the best Pakistani players I’ve seen behind the stumps when there’s a fast bowler bowling.

If you say anything valid about rizzu but it's slightly not upto expectations everyone shouts YOU HATE RIZZU, HATERRRRRR BLAH BLAH.

But okay bro, Rizzu is the greatest keeper bat of all time. The likes of Dhoni and gilchrist and Sangakara are nothing compared to the likes of the great all mighty rizwan.

Wake up to reality, rizwan has played good knocks, he ended the moqa moqa nonsense, he played one of the greatest world cup innings and he's played consistently and in 2023 he is pakistan's best odi bat atleast. With saud being pakistam's best test bat.

Quinton and butler have dominated an entire era, Butler has literally smocked Pakistan with 100 of 46 balls and took his team to a record breaking 444 score. And plenty of other scores even against peak Australia smashing them to 481.

Quinton in this world cup has played clutch innings and dominated the likes of stark, Hazelwood etc while rizzu dominated a relatively weaker bowling attack in the tournament as Sri lanka bowling attack is not better them Australia's bowling attack.

Rizzu is good,So is mendis etc but no one compares to Butler and quinton as a wicketkeeper bat atm.

Saying rizzu compares to them is outright dishonesty, it doesn't make me a hater if I say that rizzu is a good bat but he is clearly not superior to Butler or quinton by any means.
That poster you are agreeing with again and again is clearly a hater. At least give an example of someone who is a neutral.

These are the double standards that really make me laugh. I mean demeaning 2 guys who played fantastic innings just to make Rizwan look good!

Last edited by a moderator:
These are the double standards that really make me laugh. I mean demeaning 2 guys who played fantastic innings just to make Rizwan look good!

Are you Pakistani fans or just Rizwan fans. Seriously - get a grip!
QDK and Buttler are great batsmen but they’re horrible behind the stumps compared to Rizwan. Which is definitely a point in the favor of Rizwan.

Where did Dhoni, Gilchrist and Sangakara come from?

Butler and Rahul are horrible keepers. Rahul is not even a keeper

QDK and Buttler are great batsmen but they’re horrible behind the stumps compared to Rizwan. Which is definitely a point in the favor of Rizwan.
That’s a different argument and we can go there, but why is that guy demeaning Abdullah and Saud’s innings by saying they couldn’t have played it without Rizwan?

Could Rizwan have played both of his innings without those two?

You can’t have it both ways.

I’m a bit extreme in my criticism of Rizwan at times I can admit, but it’s to counteract this nauseating fandom and bring some of you back down to earth.

That poster you are agreeing with again and again is clearly a hater. At least give an example of someone who is a neutral.

He is a hater, that much I'll agree on since he also stated babar isn't a no 1 rank batsmen due to icc rankings but quoted icc rankings to prove why rizzu is 39 and trash lol, I agree.

The point he made however is about rizzu cult.

Just like he is overly judgmental towards rizzu, you are overly supportive towards him and are living on cloud 9 amd basically formed a cult.

Rizzu is a good batsmen, a very very good batsmen amd has played very very good innings for Pakistan.

But I will not allow people to act as if he's an ATG, Rizzu is not the greatest Keeper bat in the world, unless you play as him on the ps5.

For all the talk about rizzu is overhated and he should be respected, that doesn't mean you start dissing on Butler, Quinton, Dhoni and great players.

Comparing rizzu to these guys is a massive insult.

Rizzu, Rahul, Mendis, Philips etc, These boys have a long long long long way to go before they catch up with Butler or quinton let alone Gilchrist or Sangakara lol.

That’s a different argument and we can go there, but why is that guy demeaning Abdullah and Saud’s innings by saying they couldn’t have played it without Rizwan?

Could Rizwan have played both of his innings without those two?

You can’t have it both ways.

I’m a bit extreme in my criticism of Rizwan at times I can admit, but it’s to counteract this nauseating fandom and bring some of you back down to earth.
Oh I see.

I agree, we needed all 3 innings to win the game. Cricket is a team sport and if was not for all 3 of them, we would not have the won the game.

He is a hater, that much I'll agree on since he also stated babar isn't a no 1 rank batsmen due to icc rankings but quoted icc rankings to prove why rizzu is 39 and trash lol, I agree.

Just like he is overly judgmental towards rizzu, you are overly supportive towards him and are living on cloud 9 amd basically formed a cult.

Rizzu is a good batsmen, a very very good batsmen amd has played very very good innings for Pakistan.

But I will not allow people to act as if he's an ATG, Rizzu is not the greatest Keeper bat in the world, unless you play as him on the ps5.

For all the talk about rizzu is overhated and he should be respected, that doesn't mean you start dissing on Butler, Quinton, Dhoni and great players.

Rizzu, Rahul, Mendis, Philips etc, These boys have a long long long long way to go before they catch up with Butler or quinton let alone Gilchrist or Sangakara lol.
I agree that he’s not an ATG, but he has the chance to be. If he continues dominance in this World Cup and plays until next World Cup he will certainly be in the convo - particularly because he has good numbers in all formats.

I agree that he’s not an ATG, but he has the chance to be. If he continues dominance in this World Cup and plays until next World Cup he will certainly be in the convo - particularly because he has good numbers in all formats.

Bro obviously he has potential, no one will deny that. But let him play a few more years. Everyone is already acting like he's the next gilchrist.

Kamas kam world cup to khatam honei do

Are you Pakistani fans or just Rizwan fans. Seriously - get a grip!
Demeaning two guys?. Saud and Abdullah hardly played any odi cricket, a senior player would always guide them in the middle and will help them build partnerships. This is how cricket is played.

Where did I start dissing on Butler, Quinton and Dhoni and where did Gilchrist or Sangakara came from?

The question is who is currently the world's best keeper batter in odis? "Currently"

Jos is not a good keeper

You mean the Rizwan who dropped Asalanka which proved to be the deciding factor in Asia cup?
Everyone has bad moments, but if you look at the overall performances it becomes very clear. Even England and South African fans will admit this.

Demeaning two guys? what the hell are you talking about? You need to get a grip. Saud and Abdullah hardly played any odi cricket, a senior player would always guide them in the middle and will help them build partnerships. This is how cricket is played, but this is something you will never understand.
TOnly a few weeks ago during the Asia cup you were all making excuses for Rizwan - saying to give him a break he’s just learning the ODI format and how to bat in ODIs, now in a matter of weeks he’s the senior player and such an expert in ODI batsmanship that he had to guide two other guys through their innings or they’re toast?

Even if we ignore that, are you trying to tell me that Rizwan himself didn’t benefit from Saud or Abdullah’s innings? While rizwan was “anchoring” away, these guys were taking risks. If they got out, Rizwan would have had to stop “anchoring”, get brave, take some risks and maybe lose his wicket.

Did Abdullah and Saud benefit by the partnership with Rizwan - of course. Did Rizwan benefit by the partnership with them - of course!

Just asking for balance my bro. Don’t get so worked up.

It's been a tough week or so for Rizwan haters, no doubt it will get tougher in the coming weeks.

Brother you don't get it. I'll try to be as respectful as possible.

Rizzu is a good bat, he's just not the best Wicketkeeper bat on the planet, especially not when butler, quinton and Rahul are still playing on international. He is >>>> Carey, Liton das, Mendis, glenn philips and these guys though I agree. Butler and quinton? Hell no.

Secondly as for your Pakistan support claims. Inshallah Pakistan wins the 2023 Cup, I'll be happy if they do, but the reality is Pakistan is not the strongest team of the tournament, nor is the team selected based of merit and the best team sent or groomed over the course of 4 years.

SA, NZ, India these 3 are definitely superior to us, England is superior and Australia atm is slightly inferior due to their players being pretty much has beens at this point.

Pakistan can win, anything can happen in the field of cricket, but they are not the best team, nor is babar and rizzu the best odi batsmen and best wicket keeper batsmen in the world.

They are good batsmen that's all.

Don't need any advice from you and I stand by every word that I said about your posting style.

You don't need to like me lol, doesn't make a difference to me. Nor do you need to like my posting style.

It doesn't change anything that I have said. Rizzu is a good bat, but he is not the best wicketkeepr batsmen in the world. He isn't anywhere close lol.

But chalo rizzu zindabad ig. Bring the cult next games and continue this nonsense.

Everyone has bad moments, but if you look at the overall performances it becomes very clear. Even England and South African fans will admit this.
That is what. He dropped vs NZ too. Point is QDK is vastly superior to Rizwan in terms of batting. Definitely may be pakistan's best keeper. I doubt he will walk into any top side except may be Australia.

You don't need to like me lol, doesn't make a difference to me. Nor do you need to like my posting style.

It doesn't change anything that I have said. Rizzu is a good bat, but he is not the best wicketkeepr batsmen in the world. He isn't anywhere close lol.

But chalo rizzu zindabad ig. Bring the cult next games and continue this nonsense.
So now Anil Kumble and Raunak are idiots just because they don't agree with you. Hilarious

So now Anil Kumble and Raunak are idiots just because they don't agree with you. Hilarious
Anyone who says rizwan is top 3 batsmen in the world currently is on drugs yes.

Why can't people accept he's just a good batsmen. Why is he top 3? In a world where kohli, Devon Conway, quinton, Rohit sharma and all these guys exist?

Isn't that disrespectful towards them?

Anyone who says rizwan is top 3 batsmen in the world currently is on drugs yes.

Why can't people accept he's just a good batsmen. Why is he top 3? In a world where kohli, Devon Conway, quinton, Rohit sharma and all these guys exist?

Isn't that disrespectful towards them?
I think this is about the Best "wicket-keeper Batter" not just the Batter. As Rohit Sharma is not a Wicket-keeper he cannot be discussed here.

Back