Day 3: 1st Test, Pak vs Eng - Update thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing game. You play off an extremely torrid period against pace and bounce of Harmison and yet fall to the harmless Pieterson.

Gul should come, nevertheless a great inning by Akmal

Sending in Afridi would be very stupid indeed

Pietersen to Kamran Akmal, OUT, and he’s GOT HIM! More turn, outside the offstump, Akmal feathers it into Jones’ gloves who takes a neat catch. Look at his celebrations, Pietersen is throwing his arms up and roaring his delight – his first Test wicket, and it comes at rather a handy time for England. Fine knock from Akmal.

Pak 399/7 thispartnership was 99 well played Kami too bad he is out at this moment bbut well played anyway.

Xzianghow© said:
Gul should come, nevertheless a great inning by Akmal

Sending in Afridi would be very stupid indeed

No it aint.. not when Gul and Kaneria can just about last 6 balls each..

ggm said:
Amazing game. You play off an extremely torrid period against pace and bounce of Harmison and yet fall to the harmless Pieterson.

Exactly! :))

KaSaNoVa_G said:
No it aint.. not when Gul and Kaneria can just about last 6 balls each..

Yea but a main batsman Afridi could get out trying to defend

I can't believe kamran is out. How the hell kamraan played a stupid shot to get out to peitersen ?!!! We did'nt need to lose the seventh wicket, i am furious :12: . kamran you silly why get out like this, he should have played a sensible shot..offffffffffffffffffffffffff .

the_game said:
He should do that tomorrow when I can catch the game for an hour before leaving for the conference!
It also means i've got to wake up earlier than normal!

Bilsher007 said:
I can't believe kamran is out. How the hell kamraan played a stupid shot to get out to peitersen ?!!! We did'nt need to lose the seventh wicket, i am furious :12: . kamran you silly why get out like this, he should have played a sensible shot..offffffffffffffffffffffffff .
:91::91::91::91: cool down phai jee

I was expecting another classy century from kamran but he ruined the chances. Great innings of 69 from him nevertheless. I hope afridi does'nt come on strike for next two overs, yousuf must take the strike from him. We lost inzamam and kamraan rather early for pakistan's good.

late cut by Yousuf for 4. Elegant shot, perfect timing.

Yousuf does what Akmal should have - cut it, rather than dab it.

same shot 3 runs this time.

Afridi to face the last ball of the day.

The_Cricket_Devil said:
wat a ball by plunkett to end the over cut afridi in half
Wouldnt surprise me if another 'mini-Afridi' popped out when that happened...

3 runs, trys it again, just stops in the middle

Come on Afridi, one six before the end!!!

short and wide and afridi cuts it but stopped by the fielder

end of the days play at 409-7

Mohammad Yousuf - 185*

Shahid Afridi - 0*

close of play 409 for 7.

Excellent day for Pakistan after being 68 for 4. Afridi gives Yousuf a hug and applause for a superb innings.

End of Day

this day Belong to Mohamed Yousaf...

AFRIDI gona Whoop Tommorowz

Great day for Pakistan but still trail by 119 runs with just 3 wickets in hands

great day for Pakistan with some superb knocks highlighting the day especially moyo who was just sublime. He looks totally unmovable and was well supported by inzi and kami

Thats stumps!

The day doesn't belong to Pakistan, it belongs to Mohammad Yousuf completey. Got great support from Akmal, Inzi, Razzaq, and hopefully Afridi tomorrow.

Let us see what Pakistan can do tomorow

Yousuf 185* Afridi 0*

Pakistan trail by 119 runs with 3 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
Have to get past by that 2maro. Inshallah

:19: Pakistan are in a very good position today minus that unfortunate loss of kami at the end of the day and tomorrow is a good chance for afridi and mohammad yousuf to get Pakistan as close as possible to englands score of 528

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back