Day 3: 1st Test, Pak vs Eng - Update thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercenary

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Pakistan start the day with nightwatchman Sami and Mohammad Yousaf. They trail by 462 runs with 7 wickets and 3 days remaining.

The first two days have been dominated by England and it's time for Pakistan to assert their authority and put up a fight.

Time for Pakistan to fight like cornered tigers. Lots of the fans have given up but I can NEVER give up when Pakistan is playing.

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

From what I have read regarding Lords - conditions actually become easier to play on - I dont think the English bowling is a challenge.

I feel that the atmosphere at Lords has overwhelmed some of our younger players - Inzi and Moyo should be above all that - I think the remaining matches where our guys hear some local support will be better fought out then this one.

As always remember that with a star studded team, we still lost by an innings at Lords in our last outing so there is some issue ( dont know what exactly)

Lets see - as usual Inzi holds the key as does the lower order.

Last edited:
This is what Test Cricket is all about - pressure.

If Inzi and MoYo claim that they bat that far down so that they can handle such situations better than this is a situation tailor made for them.

Well hopefully fortunes will change for us today so good luck Pakistan :D

Well its sunny once again and day 3/4 are usually the best two days to bat here @ lords. Pakistan need to bat all day and i mean just their 1st inns!!!!

I know 2 horrible days for Pakistan cricket. We need to fight back and win 1 session at a time.

MIG said:
From what I have read regarding Lords - conditions actually become easier to play on

The pitch won't turn into a minefield but I think it's safe to say that there will always be something in there for the bowlers at Lord's if they do bowl well. England's bowling would have to improve from last night's display though...

I think we should play the next 50 overs like a 20/20 and score 500 more runs and declare.

Then we should bowl England out for 25 and win by an innins.

Sorted.

Hash said:
I think we should play the next 50 overs like a 20/20 and score 500 more runs and declare.

Sorted.

A plan so cunning you could put a beard on it and call it Mike Brearley.

Hash said:

Sorted.
10/10 for imagination. You should write a book!

Monty Panesar to start.

Beautiful conditions

Yousaf plays it away for a single.

Sami on strike

sami goes for big drive gets an edge and is dropped!

Amjid Javed said:

It was just the bat scraping the ground

Amjid Javed said:
missed the edge by a fair bit on the replay. Bat hit the ground.

I just hope Sami is put on against the pacemen. You can block the spinners all day but a paceman is harder to keep out.

Yousaf plays it away for a single, Sami back on strike

muhammad saad said:
Pak will sure follow on
I don't think England would enforce it anyway. Batting last is always a tough challenge and with a Kaneria in your side it would be more than risky.

Dropped short, Strauss trying to trick the umpire :p

sami gone caught behind!

regulation job!

pak 68/4

Oh well its now down to the big man inzi to score a ton and save pakistan!

we cant lose another wicket in this session!

That was a good ball, waisay

Inzi in

Nauman said:
Meh Strauss is such a cheat
it's not as if he vigorously appealed. If your not sure you ask the umpires quietly which he did. Any Pakistani would've done the same.

Sami has not only been pathetic as a bowler, his batting has also declined. Can't believe he is able to represent my country at the international level!

Rob H said:
it's not as if he vigorously appealed. If your not sure you ask the umpires quietly which he did. Any Pakistani would've done the same.

:21: rashid latif! ;-)

Harmison on, play and miss from Moyo

Harmison with the wind behind him and a fresh pair of legs. This be one hell of a contest.

Really good shot, 73-4

Inzi back on strike

vicious, really vicous. I wouldn't want to be facing Harmison right now.

Moyo 27* inzi 0*

moyo has a start here and needs to go on and get a big ton!

single past short leg for moyo, moves to 28.

Moyo looking in good touch - lets hope he carries on

Inzi getting right behind the ball when he play defensively. Good policy when the team are under the cosh. Don't think he'll loosen his arms until he's definitely in.

This is good cricket - England's best vs Pakistan's best.

I really prefer test cricket to the shorter form

Yousuf looks very good.

A clear gap in quality between Moyo and Inizi, and the opening three batsmen.

I hope the Pakistani guy shouting his head off passes out in the next 3 minutes.

Harmison testing out middle or pitch regularly and not making batsmen play!

Billy said:
Yousuf looks very good.

A clear gap in quality between Moyo and Inizi, and the opening three batsmen.

Good point

first real shot from Inzi and there was a lack of foot movement. He pushed out at it.

Last edited:
coming accross his stumps there. Just as the ball went pass you could see the whole of the leg stump.

Well even with our young openers... we are missing Younis ..

but Malik was the Fighter that we needed... even looking UGLY he can build a partnership, and I am surprised that SAMI has lost all ability with the bat.... he couldnt hang around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back