Day 4 Thread

still yet shoaiby hit two off harmisson so all is forgiven so far..

Amir said:
Every run counts! I have a feeling we are in store for a Pakistani collapse.

That is not necessary, Pakistan can bat well and still loose. Not being negative guys, just a possibility. Pitch looks amazingly good.

Oh man!!!!!!!! Udal again lucky!!! Trying to get some revenge for the thrashing Afridi gave him.

Difficult chance but Ranadinho had done most of the hard work

Rana the culprit. Came running in was a difficult chance.

That wasnt a chance for Sami!! He did well to save runs there never mind go for the catch!

forget pakistan keeping a lead here they are hoping to control rampany english now

"THE ATTACK OF THE TAILENDERS!"

I think the lead now is immaterial - its not likely to win us a match on this placid pitch - Pakistan have to play very sensibly now - England will feel that they have a pretty good chance of turning the tables.

And what a great and sad irony - Afridi has by far outperformed all players in this match and we cant even have him in our next team - PCB should have thrown up a big protest - the damage to the pitch was minimal - thats where Sharyar Khan requires a hard talk!

MenInGreen said:
I think the lead now is immaterial - its not likely to win us a match on this placid pitch - Pakistan have to play very sensibly now - England will feel that they have a pretty good chance of turning the tables.

And what a great and sad irony - Afridi has by far outperformed all players in this match and we cant even have him in our next team - PCB should have thrown up a big protest - the damage to the pitch was minimal - thats where Sharyar Khan requires a hard talk!

A long hard talk Miggy!!

MenInGreen said:

How about PP traditional Phenti!!

Assalaamualikum

As MIG said, the lead is immaterial now.

If Pakistan can bat out the day, I don't see how England can win this one.

yes but if we had the 50 lead it would have raised pakistan's morale this last stint is really drooping our shoulders

MenInGreen said:

Sorry MIGGY but I dont agree with you. Its a matter of principle. Regardless of how much damage was caused and if it affected the result of the game or not, it was wrong and throwing a protest/appealing it would only set up the wrong example for others and our younger players.

test match squandered by missed chances. time for some batting practice, we'll see what our young batsmen are made of now by batting 3 sessions under what will be some sustained english pressure. g'night all, see you tomorrow morning.

No need to send Afridi now. Too big a risk and better just to play the game as it is. Lets try to scroe 230 today and take it from there. I think just bat long as we can with a positive intent and see where it takes us. Paksitan is not winning this, but if we collapse it gives England a opening.

The_Cricket_Devil said:
well he will make it up with the world's fastest test century :D

Im expecting full on slaughter and i expect KP to maybe get a few in his face.

Aurangzeb said:
did you see the beast cheering the boys at the end? good to see...
Trying to be the leader but with his cheating record won't get the captaincy...

Ok guys letting that last wicket drag on wasnt ideal but it over now important to bat really well and get the momentum back last think we want it to have a hang over in our batting that could be fatal

We just need to bat out today

We will probably get in another 75 or so overs.

Afridi shouldnt open but should be prepared to move up the order. Say we can get a lead of 150 or so Afridi should then come in and try and blast a 100 run partnership with someone.

this is really heart breaking stuff.
I can think of a hundred reasons why we should have won this test match easily and agreed that its not over yet but it should really not have gotten to this stage.. catches win matches has taken a whole new meaning for me now!

mlegha1 said:
Trying to be the leader but with his cheating record won't get the captaincy...

Dravid's cheating record didn't stop him from becoming captain

pakistan need to score quick and declare by tea or half way throuh tea

Just show that celebration from Akhtar again!!! Simply hilarious!!

Last edited:
pants and trousers said:
pakistan need to score quick and declare by tea or half way throuh tea

keep dreaming.. buddy. that would be the stupidest thing to do.

Hash said:
Dravid's cheating record didn't stop him from becoming captain
Man I am not an Indian so don't try to play that card here it is a shame what he did too low by any standards...what kind a example is tha for youngsters and what kind a message do you send to little kids watching..Anyway this is not the thread to discuss this lets just concentrate on the match...

Back