Day 4 Thread

This series, which has been anything but boring, is in stark contrast to the 2000/2001 series.

Ace Base said:
The pitch is still holding firm, people, inspite of Freddie getting the ball to stand up and beg.

Howvever, the pressure on England to force a win will be immense and thats going to inevitably produce mistakes. This shall lead the English into a more conservative approach and even chasing 250 in 60 overs will prove virtually impossible.

they will play normally and look to preserve wickets and then when 15 overs remaining in the day, provided they have wickets in hand, they will launch an assualt and look to even score 100-110 runs in last 15 overs...england wont let the pressure get to them...

hmm is pakistan batting for a draw or is it just hard to bat out there?? they need more runs from those 17 overs left

flintoff is in the middle of a very inspired spell ...But I still feel that Pakistan even with a 200 lead on this pitch is in a better position ...

Time might be called any moment now.

Match drawn.

Remember, you heard it here first.

Shoaib A said:
hmm is pakistan batting for a draw or is it just hard to bat out there?? they need more runs from those 17 overs left

english bowlers (specially flintoff) is getting reverse swing and the bowlers are bowling very well and putting pressure on the paks

IMMY69 said:
they will play normally and look to preserve wickets and then when 15 overs remaining in the day, provided they have wickets in hand, they will launch an assualt and look to even score 100-110 runs in last 15 overs...england wont let the pressure get to them...

Almost impossible.

In a Test it cuts both ways.

Pakistan can bowl a leg-stump line all day if England attempt to hit their way to a victory.

There will bne a result it now down to Inzy and our bowlers to make sure it is in our favour

ahh i hope they offer us light very soon... should not be no more then 3 more overs today...

Akaml seems prone to doing that.

I wish England had Simon Jones here, he'd have had fun with the irish swing.

why r they not offering light
and i think 250 plus is a good target as the bowl is swinging nowi think shoaib and rana kha jayeingey english batsman ko

Ace Base said:
Almost impossible.

In a Test it cuts both ways.

Pakistan can bowl a leg-stump line all day if England attempt to hit their way to a victory.

not if england only chasing 220 odd!!

ofcourse paks still in with a chance but i tell u there is more likely only two results available...paks win or england win...a draw is now only a remote possibikilty..and only if paks can bat through to lunch tomorrow and with 6 wickets down and ball reversing thats gonna be very very difficult

All 3 results still possible! I'm at work watching this on my mobile phone!

Hey come on tailenders , give the strike to Inzi and play safe shots . Give him company till the end of the day .

Billy said:
Akaml seems prone to doing that.

I wish England had Simon Jones here, he'd have had fun with the irish swing.

wow, the english seem to amaze me. Ball Tampering - Reverse Swing - Irish Swing

for all those who have recently start following cricket ; this is TEST CRICKET and specially PAKISTANI CRICKET for u. :(

nedian21 said:
dont mind but could u plz tell me WHAT U HAVE BEEN SMOKING ALL DAY

:D I mite get arrested if i tell u ;-)

Time is NOT on our side!!!!

thats it for the day we lead by 199 4 wickets left we can still do this do we bat time tommoprow or go for runs?

Draw impossible now! The whole match now depends on how inzi + other tailenders bat. If 250 + lead than I can see Pak win this.

Pakistan has to play positive cricket from here - if they go into draw mindset they will lose

There'll b quite a few articles on Cricinfo today, as England are in a very good position.

sars_pal said:
thats it for the day we lead by 199 4 wickets left we can still do this do we bat time tommoprow or go for runs?

i say play normally - look to bat about 90 mins and have a lead of 260 inshallah and then declare leaving about 50 minutes before lunch for england to bat

nedian21 said:
for all those who have recently start following cricket ; this is TEST CRICKET and specially PAKISTANI CRICKET for u. :(

test cricket-predictible
-pakistani cricket-unpredectible

How do you do that kashif? I have 3G on Vodafone and dont know how to watch it! What do i press? (duh!)

in the sky studio they still dont seeit as doom and gloom for us willis said he doesnt see england getting 250!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Inzi took the bad light, now it will DEFINATELY be a draw!!!

YK- do you blame him ???? if we loose another wicket or so tonight.. we be lucky
if we even get a draw let alone a win...

i just hope we get similar ball to the english...clearly their ball is doing tricks and taking more reverse swing...lets hope we get a similar one

KaSaNoVa_G said:
YK- do you blame him ???? if we loose another wicket or so tonight.. we be lucky
if we even get a draw let alone a win...

Its the stuff i'm smoking mate, bringing out funny comments form me.

what a interesting 4th days play.

All 3 results possible... excellent and contraversial test match.

toonboy_awaisyboy™ said:
what a interesting 4th days play.

All 3 results possible... excellent and contraversial test match.

I can't see England winning mate...Inzi still at the crease

Really sad to see Beast perish cheaply :6: :6:

Hopefully he can do the damage with the ball.

nedian21 said:
bhai time is not on our side but at least talk some sense yar

Like i said its the stuff i'm smoking....my heads not rite.

sars_pal said:
in the sky studio they still dont seeit as doom and gloom for us willis said he doesnt see england getting 250!

problem is i dont see us getting 250 either...not with ball reverse swinging as it is! having sdaid that i really really hope we do

and inzy would do well to ask kaneria to bowl from taufels end ..bcoz hair the racist pig is again going to give him warning in no time

Azam6380 said:
How do you do that kashif? I have 3G on Vodafone and dont know how to watch it! What do i press? (duh!)

Obviously none of you read my thread on this in Off-Topic. All you need is an active Vodafone sim card (monthly/payg) and a 3G phone. Go to Vodafone Live and follow the menu. TV Mobile is free for all Vodafone customers until end of January after which you have to subscribe for the service.

Yes, 250 is hard to get, but Pak is still 51 runs short of that. Pak must survive atleast 1 ½ hour tomorrow. I don't see the ball reversing tomorrow for England. Reverse is always there in the afternoon/evening. But the new ball is due in what, 15 - 16 overs. Thats another hurdle. Its a tough match.

Bhai one thing is certain - Pakistan cannot win a game with ease .. They allowed england back into the game ..by dropping so many simple catches - honestly speaking they don't deserve to win ..having said that ..i don't think it will be that easy for england if Kaneria does not get warning and afridi gives him support

At least the match has some life in it. With Inzi still there, 250 is still possible. We've won (nearly ever time) when Inzi has made a hundred, and he will be conscious of that. We have to go for the win. Inshallah we will do it. Be positive guys - we are 1-0 up in the series. :D

Back