Delhi vs Sui Gas | Mohammad Nissar Trophy | Delhi | 15-18 Sep 08

jan_Jamshed

Debutant
Runs
Hafeez to lead side in Mohammad Nissar Trophy

Three internationals in SNGPL squad

Mohammad Hafeez (capt), Adil Raza, Adnan Akmal (wk), Asad Ali, Azhar Shafiq, Imran Ali, Imran Khalid, Khurram Shehzad, Misbah-ul-Haq, Saleem Mughal, Samiullah Khan, Tauqeer Hussain, Umar Akmal and Yasir Arafat.

Bottom Curve

Mohammad Hafeez will lead a 14-member Sui Northern Gas Pipeline Limited (SNGPL) squad in their quest to be the first Pakistan side to win the Mohammad Nissar Trophy since it was first introduced in 2006 as an annual fixture between the first-class champions of Pakistan and India.

Apart from Hafeez, the squad includes two other players with international experience - Misbah-ul-Haq and Samiullah Khan. In contrast Delhi has picked seven players with exposure to international cricket.

Misbah, who has appeared in 10 Tests and 40 one-dayers for Pakistan, joined the SNGPL team late after fulfilling his national obligations. In the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy final, he scored 64 and 161. Hafeez averaged nearly 60 from 10 matches while Samiullah, a left-arm fast bowler who has played two ODIs, was the side's highest wicket-taker and right-arm medium-pacers Imran Ali and Asad Ali took more than 30 wickets each.

The SNGPL squad also has Adil Raza and Umar Akmal, who were part of the Pakistan side for the Under-19 World Cup. Raza picked up 12 wickets at 12.16 from five matches in the tournament. Akmal was SNGPL's highest scorer in the last season, aggregating 855 runs from nine games. Yasir Arafat, who has also played U-19 for Pakistan, averaged 40.50 in the season.

The four-day match is scheduled to be played at the Feroz Shah Kotla in Delhi between September 15 and 18.

Cricinfo - Three internationals in SNGPL squad

http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/368448.html

Who is Adnan Akmal? Is he somehow related to Kamran Akmal?

f.b.m said:
Who is Adnan Akmal? Is he somehow related to Kamran Akmal?

Adnan is rated as a better keeper then his Brother.

The Dehli side is very strong and i expect them to win the match!

Indian domestic cricket

Sehwag to lead Delhi in Nissar Trophy

Cricinfo staff

September 4, 2008

Virender Sehwag will lead a strong Delhi squad for their clash against Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited in the third edition of the Mohammad Nissar Trophy, starting September 15 at the Feroz Shah Kotla. The match is an annual fixture between the first-class champions of Pakistan and India, with Uttar Pradesh and Mumbai being previous winners.

Delhi's 15-member squad has seven players with international experience, including opener Gautam Gambhir and fast bowler Ishant Sharma. However, in-form batsman Shikhar Dhawan failed to make the cut due to a hairline fracture on his right thumb. Aditya Jain and allrounder Sumit Narwal were omitted from the squad that took part in last year's Ranji final.

Ashish Nehra, the left-arm seamer who did not get a game in the 2007-08 Ranji Trophy season, makes a comeback after recovering from an ankle injury. He was picked up by the Mumbai Indians IPL franchise and performed reasonably in the Twenty20 tournament, taking 12 wickets in 14 appearances at an average of 29.

Nehra, though, was cautious about his prospects for the match. "I am not expecting to return to the scene with a five-for in my comeback match," he told the Indian Express. "My aim is to bowl 15 overs and get a couple of wickets and see how to gather my rhythm at the crease.

"The good thing is, I am feeling great with all the technical aspects of my bowling - my swing, pace, line and length are coming along okay," he said. "So it's just about my body feeling okay after having bowled over long spells."

Even though he had played the last of his 17 Tests in 2004, Nehra had still given not up hopes of playing for India again. "I still have a good four to five years of cricket left in me. It's up to the selectors to take a call on me," he said. "There's so much cricket happening all through the year and it gives everyone a chance. My job is to bowl well and line up there in the queue."

Squad: Virender Sehwag (capt), Gautam Gambhir, Aakash Chopra, Mayank Tehlan, Mithun Manhas, Virat Kohli, Rajat Bhatia, Puneet Bisht (wk), Ishant Sharma, Pradeep Sangwan, Ashish Nehra, Chetanya Nanda, Amit Bhandari, Narender Singh, Gaurav Chhabra

Looking at the teams..it will most probably be 3 in a row to Indians.I'll try posting the Delhi squad if i get it.

edit:beaten to it by Amjid.

Last edited:
Hafeez=captain? :pissed:

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

:pissed: :pissed: He'll probably fail too!

Why are Ishant Sharma and Ashish Nehra in Dehli? They are in Sharukh kahn and another team.

Fact that such a weak squad won the tournament tells you something about PAK's domestic cricket(especially since Misbah missed most of the games), there is an immediate need to cut down the number of teams from 23 to about 15(ranji size).

PlanetPakistan said:
Fact that such a weak squad won the tournament tells you something about PAK's domestic cricket(especially since Misbah missed most of the games), there is an immediate need to cut down the number of teams from 23 to about 15(ranji size).
I'd cut it down further...6 to be exact. With 2 or 3 leagues and a promotion/relegation type of format. Something like this:

League A:

Lahore
Karachi
Peshawar
Sialkot
Faisalabad
Rawalpindi

League B:

Multan
Islamabad
Hyderabad
Quetta
Karachi A
Lahore A

Have 2 Karachi and Lahore teams due to the large number of players but have the first teams consist of about 18-20 of the top players, with the A teams getting the second choice players.

Each team should play each other twice, home and away. That's 10 games in total. Winner is decided by a points system. This could be the format for both tournaments, 4-day and odis.

Sheikh said:
I'd cut it down further...6 to be exact. With 2 or 3 leagues and a promotion/relegation type of format. Something like this:

League A:

Lahore
Karachi
Peshawar
Sialkot
Faisalabad
Rawalpindi

League B:

Multan
Islamabad
Hyderabad
Quetta
Karachi A
Lahore A

Have 2 Karachi and Lahore teams due to the large number of players but have the first teams consist of about 18-20 of the top players, with the A teams getting the second choice players.

Each team should play each other twice, home and away. That's 10 games in total. Winner is decided by a points system. This could be the format for both tournaments, 4-day and odis.

problem is that players need jobs and the jobs are mainly provided by the departments hence its very difficult for the regional teams to compete with the departments(both financially AND on the field). The worrying thing is that now even the department are NOT offering jobs like they use do.

Last edited:
so this is going to be just one 4 day game and who was muhammad nissar?

Last edited:
Why didn't they put the winner of the Pentangular Cup in this match. Sindh vs Delhi would have been a much more even match.

The absence of Dhawan might hurt Delhi's chances although theyre a pretty strong side nonetheless.

adnan akmal is a much better keeper than kamran. people who have played with and against him have told me this.

unfortunately his batting is not up to standard

Tay'yab-Ali Malik said:
don't you mean his younger brother umar akmal
umar is a much better batsman than afridi, u cant just slog ur way to 800 odd runs averaging 80 in a season,if u get what am saying...

Pak_mystery said:
umar is a much better batsman than afridi, u cant just slog ur way to 800 odd runs averaging 80 in a season,if u get what am saying...
we will see how many he makes against I Sharma and others.

PlanetPakistan said:
Strange

Why is M Hafeez the captain when Misbah is in the squad?

Mohsin_Pak786 said:

Seemingly you missed last season's Quad-e-Azam trophy where Hafeez was the skipper for the entire season.

PlanetPakistan said:

There are 23 FC teams in Pakistan :O :O

Mohsin_Pak786 said:

Hafeez captained SNGPL the entire last season...and lef them to victory in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy..

Iqbal'sh said:
Seemingly you missed last season's Quad-e-Azam trophy where Hafeez was the skipper for the entire season.

pakcricketfan said:
Hafeez captained SNGPL the entire last season...and lef them to victory in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy..
My bad, i actually wasn't aware of that (don’t really see him as captaincy material as well as his shocking performances a lot of the time!). I can fully understand making the captain of the winning Quaid-e-Azam team, skipper of the Mohammad Nissar trophy:)

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
My bad, i actually wasn't aware of that (don’t really see him as captaincy material as well as his shocking performances a lot of the time!). I can fully understand making the captain of the winning Quaid-e-Azam team, skipper of the Mohammad Nissar trophy:)

Quality batsman, bowler, fielder and captain :)

Battle between the domestic champions - match thread

i think game is about to start in few hours between the domestic champions of both the neighbouring countries.

i don't know if they are going to broadcast it. does anyone have any information??

The match starts tomorrow..... Monday, Sep 15th in New Delhi.

W63L35 said:
The match starts tomorrow..... Monday, Sep 15th in New Delhi.

yaa in few hours it's starting. can u please tell me if you know of any channel which is broadcasting this.

thanks

bablu_khan said:
yaa in few hours it's starting. can u please tell me if you know of any channel which is broadcasting this.

thanks

In which country?

It starts in one houor.

W63L35 said:
In which country?

It starts in one houor.

any country buddy, atleast we can try to search for link of that channel on google or somewhere if we once know of that channel which is broadcasting

bablu_khan said:
any country buddy, atleast we can try to search for link of that channel on google or somewhere if we once know of that channel which is broadcasting

Ok, I'll start searching right now for you, sir!

Delhi vs SNGPL

Delhi has won the toss and are batting first. Wonder hows the pitch like.. Delhi squad looks quite strong,lets hope it turns out to be an interesting contest,and i hope hafeez and umar akmal -both of whom have been getting good amount of runs recently- carry on getting some useful runs for us,and ofcourse the ever reliable misbah is always there for us..

lol anyone sense a collapse... good stuff from the opening pakistani bowlers...

Play has restarted with an immediate breakthrough! Asad Ali takes his second.

117/4

An absolute collapse and it's 118/7!

Imran Ali picks up 3 wickets in an over and has figures of 4-44!

i absolutely don't get it. how can they have BAD LIGHT when its 2 pm there? must be overcast... anyone know how it is there? is it on tv?

any Chanel broadcasting this match ???
imran ali a find??

Adnan Akmal having a good game while Imran has 2 bowled and 2 LBW hmmm .....interesting :romeo

at least SUI GAS can make 135 to ensure win in case of draw (that does not seems to be on cards with such low 1st inning score)

Another LB for Imran, with 5 of his 6 victims bowled and LB i wonder what his actual speeds are trhough Cricinfo lists him fast-medium.

Xoib said:
Another LB for Imran, with 5 of his 6 victims bowled and LB i wonder what his actual speeds are trhough Cricinfo lists him fast-medium.
he is 28 yrs old.So must be a mature bowler.His domestic avg is not bad.But don't worry.Malik will never going to drop Rao iftikhar.So no need to get excited.

buntylover_2000 said:
he is 28 yrs old.So must be a mature bowler.His domestic avg is not bad.But don't worry.Malik will never going to drop Rao iftikhar.So no need to get excited.

let's be fair to Rao Ifthikar though lol... his average is 23 in domestic cricket... that's better then Akhtar lol...

kingusama92 said:
let's be fair to Rao Ifthikar though lol... his average is 23 in domestic cricket... that's better then Akhtar lol...
how can i be unfair with Rao the great.
He can not be replaced even with a 17 yr old wasim.He is the best bowler in our history let alone akhtar.
Note: these thoughts are of our super 12 wins captain Malik.

Last edited:
this has been an outstanding performance so far!
Any one seen Imran Ali and Asad Ali bowl before?

so the great Indian superstars are falling over to another so so bowling attack? Delhis is definatley not Pakistan!!...the Gas boys will hopefully show aunty sehwag that!

ataullah said:
Is Adil Raza playing?

Yes he is, but unlucky you didn't pick up any wickets! Was quite expensive as well! I think economy rate was 5.25!

Back