Do Pakistani batsmen struggle against leg spin?

Yes we do.

Especially Umar Akmal, who is a sitting duck.

India should play Amit Mishra, only a few weeks ago we made him look like Warne.

The best way to deal with him is to attack him because no matter how good a leg spinner is, he will provide gift deliveries. Its part of the package.

Everyone struggles a bit more with leg spin. No one ever looks pretty getting out of a leg break bowler.

They are the weakest players of spin among the SC teams. Tey are especially weak against sla bowlers so Jadeja might be a big threat. Mishra is quite a hittable bowler as he flights the ball a bit. Should bowl flatter and quicker to stifle the batsman ala :tahir

I agree. India and SL are generally very good against spin due to which we get a free ride when commentators from Australia and England refer to Asian teams as good players of spin.

Most of our batsmen genuinely struggle against spin.

I agree. India and SL are generally very good against spin due to which we get a free ride when commentators from Australia and England refer to Asian teams as good players of spin.

Most of our batsmen genuinely struggle against spin.

In terms of spin playing ability i think even Bangla batsmen are a tad better than Pakistani batsmen. And Indian batsmen these days don't destroy spinners like they used to. We are good and that's about it.

Last edited:
That Asia Cup ODI, Mishra looked unplayable for Pak at times.

Mishra is a decent bowler, but I think Pak batsmen struggle mightily against Leg spin.

Amit Mishra is a must. In fact, India should play all 3 spinners and one fast bowler in Shami.

Mishra is a decent bowler, but I think Pak batsmen struggle mightily against Leg spin.

Amit Mishra is a must. In fact, India should play all 3 spinners and one fast bowler in Shami.

They are the weakest players of spin among the SC teams. Tey are especially weak against sla bowlers so Jadeja might be a big threat. Mishra is quite a hittable bowler as he flights the ball a bit. Should bowl flatter and quicker to stifle the batsman ala :tahir

They played Ashwin very well. Amit caused more problems to Pakistani batsmen.

No. Jaddu,Mishra and Ashwin can indeed play but we need Shami and Aaron/Kumar i.e. at least two pacers. Too many spinners will make it very predictable for oppn. batsmen.

They played Ashwin very well. Amit caused more problems to Pakistani batsmen.

yeah but in T20 cricket generally spinners who bowl flat are more economical. Most leggies flight the ball more than finger spinners and allow the batsmen to use their feet. Im hoping all three do well ofcourse.

No. Jaddu,Mishra and Ashwin can indeed play but we need Shami and Aaron/Kumar i.e. at least two pacers. Too many spinners will make it very predictable for oppn. batsmen.

BK is not good in these conditions. He will be taken for runs.

Aaron will be hit to all corners of the ground. Both BK and Aaron cannot contribute anything with the bat.

In these conditions, I prefer Raina/Yuvraj over Aron or BK.

Our bowling will not be predictable. Our spin will have variety. We have LeftArm spin in Jaddu, Right arm mystery spin in Ashwin, Leg spin in Mishra and orthodox spin in Raina (who spins more than Ashwin and Jaddu).

In the Asia cup game, Pak batsmen could not do much against our spin. Our fast bowlers got a phainty as usual.

BK is not good in these conditions. He will be taken for runs.

Aaron will be hit to all corners of the ground. Both BK and Aaron cannot contribute anything with the bat.

In these conditions, I prefer Raina/Yuvraj over Aron or BK.

Our bowling will not be predictable. Our spin will have variety. We have LeftArm spin in Jaddu, Right arm mystery spin in Ashwin, Leg spin in Mishra and orthodox spin in Raina (who spins more than Ashwin and Jaddu).

In the Asia cup game, Pak batsmen could not do much against our spin. Our fast bowlers got a phainty as usual.

Aaron didn't play against Pakistan did he. He was troubling SL batsmen with pace and bounce! Him and Shami are an absolute must against pakistan if not any other team. Playing so many spinners will be suicidal.

Aaron didn't play against Pakistan did he. He was troubling SL batsmen with pace and bounce! Him and Shami are an absolute must against pakistan if not any other team. Playing so many spinners will be suicidal.

Our batting is still lacking confidence. Raina and Yuvi had not had much of a practice. We need to bolster our batting. Especially against a good bowling attack like Pak who can pick wickets in bunch.

Tough decision to not play Aron. I wonder what MSD will do.

Pakistan have handled Sir pretty well in the past. Ashwin & Mishra have been problems

Pakistan's best player of leg spin is Afridi in this team or maybe Malik, that say's it all,

Allot will depend on what kinda of pitch's we get.

Pak struggle against all kind of spin bowling because when they feel a bowler is bowling well they go into a shell and allow that bowler to dictate terms as a result allowing him to become ultra attacking.

Pak struggle against all kind of spin bowling because when they feel a bowler is bowling well they go into a shell and allow that bowler to dictate terms as a result allowing him to become ultra attacking.

last T20 Wc i remember them struggling against Peterson,Duminy and botha.

Yes.

Umar Akmal in particular, who looks good against most bowlers but all at sea against leggies.

Makes me wonder if it's worth playing Muirhead against you lot.

There is absolutely no doubt that Pakistan can't play legspin. Over the years I have seen Pakistan struggle against Warne, Kumble, McGill, Imran Tahir, Bishoo and now Amit Mishra.

I remember Pakistan struggling against mediocre leg-spinners who didn't even last in international cricket. Rawl Lewis is one of them no name leggies who once successfully choked Pakistanis in Sharjah.

Quite amusingly, we play other forms of spin quite well. Sunil Narine averages 31 against us in ODIs, we handle Ashwin quite well too. Even Mendis has a better average against India than us. Then there are famous off spinners like Harbhajjan who we have generally owned.

That’s 5 impressive wickets for the young Australian leggie Lloyd Pope against Pakistan today at the second practice match vs. Cricket Australia XI.

1. Imam-ul-Haq
2. Haris Sohail
3. Muhammad Rizwan
4. Babar Azam
5. Iftikhar Ahmed

Is this a one off or show we expect problems against Lyon and Labuschagne in the tests?

Last edited:
That’s 5 impressive wickets for the young Australian leggie Lloyd Pope against Pakistan today at the second practice match vs. Cricket Australia XI.

1. Imam-ul-Haq
2. Haris Sohail
3. Muhammad Rizwan
4. Babar Azam
5. Iftikhar Ahmed

Is this a one off or show we expect problems against Lyon and Labuschagne in the Tests?

Worrying to see how our batsmen have failed to read this guy!

Back