Dogs

I used to go for late night walks in my college campus. This one time, a group of three dogs chased the **** out of me and my friend. They wouldn't run away even when we threw stones at them and a security guard ran at them with a stick. We must have ran around four kilometers that day to escape them.

It was crazy, like they'd smelled something.

Funny thing is that I've seen the same dogs on other occasions as well, but, it never misbehaved except for that one occasion.
You did everything that one should not do when chased or barked at by dogs.

1. Never throw stones at them.
2. Never try to hit them with sticks.
3. Never run.

Those are potentially someway other makes the situation worse. :)

I heard dogs can eat children alive ?
Yes, they can. Dogs that are not socialized (especially street dogs) who have to fight with other dogs and animals for a single bite of food sometimes may take that drastic step.

But the chances are very very rare. may be 0.001% :)

But, those strangers are actually your friends and relatives. And any family friend who goes near your daughter gets barked at and possibly attacked.

Having been that "stranger" too often, can you blame me for not hating them?
:) Yes, a strager will get scared.

But as far as I know dogs (mine or other pet ones), they do bark but won't bite. In case of my dog, it won't even bark if the stranger say 3-4 ft away. Its just a kind of warning saying "stay away". :)

But, I can understand a strangers feeling when a 40 KG dog barks at you from 2 ft.

Dogs are the best pets one can have. And I speak from experience since I love animals.

When I was 15-16 I'd a parrot, a dog, 2 rabbits, a monkey, a cat and (for a brief time) a peacock. Parrots and rabbits aren't much of a pet. Monkey is far too irritating and a cat thinks only about itself.

And I've never had dogs attack me. Dogs can sense if someone is afraid of them or dislikes them and act accordingly.

Some tips to handle dogs, especially when you visit a friend and his pet dog is not so friendly to you

1. Never try to touch the dog over his head. Always take your hands by the side of his head. Dogs feel scared if strangers move their hand on their head. :)

2. Try to bend down or sit to their height. They don't feel scared anymore.

3. Never try to run. They love to chase.

4. Don't throw something at them, even if its some food to lure them.

5. If a pet dog comes barking at you, just stand there and let him smell you. He will calm down in seconds. Socialized dogs don't bite.

Its a scary situation when a dog chases at you but it can be handled if one stays calm.

With Goat on this. They scare the **** out of me, nearly got bitten by one a few years back.

Dogs are the best pets one can have. And I speak from experience since I love animals.

When I was 15-16 I'd a parrot, a dog, 2 rabbits, a monkey, a cat and (for a brief time) a peacock. Parrots and rabbits aren't much of a pet. Monkey is far too irritating and a cat thinks only about itself.

And I've never had dogs attack me. Dogs can sense if someone is afraid of them or dislikes them and act accordingly.

Did you what live in a zoo or something? :wahab

disgusting, filthy animals.

do not petrify me to the level of rats, mice or cockroaches, but they can be quite scary.

I like dogs but prefer cats more.

I've always wanted a pet tiger :)

Scared of dogs. Scared of tigers as well. Hate pets.

Did Garuda just tell me to bend down so I'm the same height as this ferocious beast? And what do I do when it bites my face off, good sir?

I like tigers when I watch them on TV. Mainly because I like cats and even the most aggressive of tigers are frightfully similar to cats.

Don't think I'd like to be near a real tiger though, unless there are iron railings separating us, like in a zoo.

I'm also scared of them, especially the ugly small yappers who try nipping at ankles and chase anything that twitches. Ironically the larger breeds are more sensible and docile

moizy I'd expect the annoying 'yap' at the ankles from the dogs would be slightly amplified if confronted with a tiger, lion or cheetah :waqar

Did Garuda just tell me to bend down so I'm the same height as this ferocious beast? And what do I do when it bites my face off, good sir?
:)) You don't have to try everything that I say.

But its good to know tricks which works most of the times.

Haha, I liked the bit about letting them smell you. Makes sense and it did work for me before. Still don't trust em that close to me!

And tigers are dope.. would love to see one irl.

Haha, I liked the bit about letting them smell you. Makes sense and it did work for me before. Still don't trust em that close to me!

And tigers are dope.. would love to see one irl.
yah, letting the dog smell you works always. One point of my life, I was very very scared of dogs. But now I don't.

Basically one day, accidentally I drove my car on a street dog's front leg. I was in a confusion whether to leave it as it is or take that poor thing to a vet. Cuz an injured dog can be dangerous . But couldn't leave it as it will die otherwise. I won't go thru the whole process but I managed to comfort her and took her to the vet.

She was amputed and was ready to be left to the same place in 3 months. That incident taught me a lot about dogs. Then I brought 2 dogs as my pet and dogs never scare me anymore.

I hate dogs, not the small ones, just the big scary ones..lol

have never been bitten but had a dog put his front legs on my chest, he was being playful but i was scared as hell.

I try to stay 5-6 feet away from dogs, even the chained ones...

yah, letting the dog smell you works always. One point of my life, I was very very scared of dogs. But now I don't.

Basically one day, accidentally I drove my car on a street dog's front leg. I was in a confusion whether to leave it as it is or take that poor thing to a vet. Cuz an injured dog can be dangerous . But couldn't leave it as it will die otherwise. I won't go thru the whole process but I managed to comfort her and took her to the vet.

She was amputed and was ready to be left to the same place in 3 months. That incident taught me a lot about dogs. Then I brought 2 dogs as my pet and dogs never scare me anymore.

so until we all hurt a dog badly, we will continue to be scared by them...

:D

have never been bitten but had a dog put his front legs on my chest, he was being playful but i was scared as hell.

Hahaha that is what dogs do when they play with you. Just rub its head and play along....they won't hurt you!

My 50 KG labrador one is almost 6 ft tall if he stands on his back legs and can easily put his front legs on a man's shoulder.

One afternoon a Tatasky (digital TV) mechanic came to my home and without knowing the dogs presence came inside the compound. The dog ran to him and put his front legs on that guy's shoulder. The mechanic blacked out and fainted there. :O

My 50 KG labrador one is almost 6 ft tall if he stands on his back legs and can easily put his front legs on a man's shoulder.

One afternoon a Tatasky (digital TV) mechanic came to my home and without knowing the dogs presence came inside the compound. The dog ran to him and put his front legs on that guy's shoulder. The mechanic blacked out and fainted there. :O

:)))

don't you have a sign or a warning on your door?

In 2000/01 I had a stage when I wanted to be a tiger, read up on 'em and everything. Superb animals, MashaAllah.

Poison haha, but it's the fact that the small dogs are just irritating little blighters who can easily be kicked but capitalize on other people's tolerance. Nasty little whelps :p

In 2000/01 I had a stage when I wanted to be a tiger, read up on 'em and everything. Superb animals, MashaAllah.

Poison haha, but it's the fact that the small dogs are just irritating little blighters who can easily be kicked but capitalize on other people's tolerance. Nasty little whelps :p

Honestly, I can understand why. I can watch shows on Tigers or Cheetahs or Panthers for hours together. They are magnificent animals.

And Garuda, do you think it is possible for anyone to keep lage dogs in your home for years without someone getting bitten (either family or guests or servants) during the entire time-frame?

Honestly, I can understand why. I can watch shows on Tigers or Cheetahs or Panthers for hours together. They are magnificent animals.

And Garuda, do you think it is possible for anyone to keep lage dogs in your home for years without someone getting bitten (either family or guests or servants) during the entire time-frame?

Ohhh absolutely. I have two large dogs in my house for last 4 years (my daughter is 1.8 yr old) and my neighbour has st. Bernard (one of the largest breed). I never felt awkward when they play with my little one.

Never ever they had put their teeth on anyone.

Socialized dogs won't bite though they may bark to strangers.

The biggest mistake people do when they keep a dog is

1. They chain the dog most of the time.
2. Do not let them mix with people and other dogs when it was a puppy.
3. Keep most of the times closed in a kennel or in a balcony.

Dogs living in those kind of conditions develop aggresive behavior and are scared of strangers and would be tempted to bite, just to out of fear.

Last edited:
For anyone interested in how predictable a well trained dog can be- check out The Dog Whisperer, where trainer Cesar Milan really works wonders with 'misbehaving' dogs.

Also- if dogs were not so trainable and reliable, they would not be working as guide dogs, bomb squad dogs etc.

Definitely dislike being slobbered on by any dog, and can't understand people who dont mind it. I have a grown up with dogs and cats, and own and like (and know how to interact with) both.

Ohhh absolutely. I have two large dogs in my house for last 4 years (my daughter is 1.8 yr old) and my neighbour has st. Bernard (one of the largest breed). I never felt awkward when they play with my little one.

Never ever they had put their teeth on anyone.

Socialized dogs won't bite though they may bark to strangers.

The biggest mistake people do when they keep a dog is

1. They chain the dog most of the time.
2. Do not let them mix with people and other dogs when it was a puppy.
3. Keep most of the times closed in a kennel or in a balcony.

Dogs living in those kind of conditions develop aggresive behavior and are scared of strangers and would be tempted to bite, just to out of fear.

Precisely- early and regular socialization and appropriate physical activity and walks will take care of almost all problems before they even start.

Like Garuda said, absolutely. The caveat is that the dog owner needs to properly train the dog. We've have 1 golden retriever, a golden lab and now I have a cattle dog mix. My cousins had a german shepherd, a black lab and a boxer. None of these dogs ever bit a person. All lived 7-12 years.

I love cats though, tigers, lions and cheetahs included

Cheetahs are the best big cat imo :heart:

Fun fact: Asiatic cheetahs (Asian equivalent) used to be once plentiful around Asia. They used to range from Arabia to China. Now there are only 70-100 asiatic cheetahs in Iran and Baluchistan near the Iranian border.

Big cats > every other animal

Hopefully you snapped out of that stage. Or else.....

tigerman.jpg
"Cat Man - the human 'tiger' who enjoys climbing trees and eats raw meat every day"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1052934/Cat-Man--human-tiger-enjoys-climbing-trees-eats-raw-meat-day.html

Last edited:
Terrified of them. Have been since a dog chased me around London ten years ago. Maybe it's a psychological thing, but since then, ours has been a very testy relationship (hi Rameez!)

Just on topic btw, this man in Kuwait actually did keep a lion as a pet. In his house. On my block. :afridi

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L6fhHioCKTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

how can anybody be afraid of these

love em...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4kQnrKvOTNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

haha :p i have loadz of these to post...they love human beings...dogs go by how their owners are

a bad owner will have a bad dog

a good loving owner will have a loving dog...i remember when i was a kid i got attacked by a doberman...for no reason

a labrador ran and started barking at the doberman to leave me alone...then he walked home with me...effing love dogs

<b>another video of little baby with big dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41BvNhzl83Y

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wd8foBefLFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

would never let anybody they love come to harm

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w1rYh6VSMDs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Pibull ho ya chihuahua - Dogs are DOGS! They scare the heck out of me! :eek:

I actually love parrots...only pet worth having.

True that!

I have a dozen Australian parrots. Used to have a grey parrot but its voice was so loud and it sounded like a goat :| We gifted it to my brother's friend. :23:

Rabbits are great pets too!

Monkey? Really?

When I was about 6 or 7 years old, my house was no less than a zoo - We had different kinds of birds and parrots, rabbits, a turtle, hen, ducks etc but I desperately wanted a monkey :))
Sadly, nobody got me one :( LOL..

I live in a campus that is set up in forest reserve.

We have like loads of monkeys here and it is sometimes a lot of trouble to walk out of your room when there are hordes of monkeys (in dozens) on rampage right outside your door.

Now, I've overcome my fear and can easily walk past monkeys (the key is to behave like they don't exist and not even look at them) but still, a group of monkeys can be troublesome to deal with.

If you've left your room open, sometimes, they enter your room and cause considerable damage. They actually open water bottles and drink water. They can open taps to drink water, as well.

what about gali ke awara kuttay? :sreesanth

Oh yes. We have plenty of them here in Pak. Just go out for a walk and there will be at least 2 waiting to greet you for sure.

and rabbits? who keeps rabbits as their pet??? :danish

I did! My uncle gave me two rabbits (white with red eyes) on my birthday many years ago. They then multiplies into 6! The little ones are simply too cute. I remember my bro once took one of them out of the cage and left it in my room. It went under the bed and then it took us almost 2 hours to get it out! :|

One of them died, 2 got stolen and the rest fled. :(
We had a turtle too.. [always wanted to watch it race against one of the rabbits]. It went out for a walk and never came back :|

Not too keen on dogs to be honest but i'm fine with them as long as they don't try to lick me, jump on me or hump my leg. If any of these manoeuvres are attempted then in my eyes you are allowed to defend yourself by any means necessary, including uncontrolled and involuntary 'mootar vasurjan' (urinary expulsion).

I'm with you on this GOAT. Proper **** scared of dogs, big or small it doesn't matter! I just get some sort of a shock if I see one pop out from nowhere while I'm walking down the street, the panic that follows can't be explained.

Last year, some prat decided to bring a dog to one of our cricket games and while I was getting padded up it randomly decided to walk into the pavilion, so me full of panic decided to walk out quickishly out of the room, but that backfired and the dog chased me all around the cricket field before the owner finally decided to grab it! It was a good test of my fitness, though. :inzi

I just get some sort of a shock if I see one pop out from nowhere while I'm walking down the street, the panic that follows can't be explained.

This right here. It's as though a lion has just prowled out of hiding and has made eye contact with you - and you know what it plans to do, the sheepish grin on the dogs face as it salivates at the thought of your flesh.

Proper friggin scary man.

Monkeys are filthy animals, we kept one once in Lahore over the summer for a laugh...was not pretty.

What would you do if a dog attacks you and is pulling your pants with its teeth?

What would you do if a dog attacks you and is pulling your pants with its teeth?

kick-dog.jpg

There are no bad dogs, only bad owners. Pitbulls? See here....

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/--FyndryTFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They are actually friends

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3wqqZdeo7To" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Same dog and cat

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UcU1OsDMWBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And more, for all you rabbit lovers

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/75GEzD6wh8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How can you guys hate these animals?!?!?

There is no need to be scared of dogs unless you're a child and think a dog can kill you. Well some can and if you are ever in a fight against a tough pit bull then the best way to kill it is by breaking it's back but not everyone can do this. :)

This is my cousins dog, love him a lot.

41660_599113380_6149_n.jpg

He is 3/4 Irish pit with 1/4 American. He lives outside in his own little shed with a metal fence around it. He eats rice and meat on a daily basis and is very very strong and fit. I usually go and have a good strong wrestle with him till one of us is knackered, it's usually me unless it's hot then I win sometimes.

After a lot of training he has become a great guard dog now with his bark very deep, sounds like a twin turbo engine being started.

Goat if come to the UK I will introduce you to him. :)

I used to wear a chain like that, before my mum told me to take it off because it looked like a 'kuteyaan aali sangal'. I see the resemblance now.

He needs a strong chain because although he gets on great with humans he hates other dogs. When taking him for a walk he can switch if he sees a dog he doesn't like and that happens to be most of them. You have to wrap the lead round your hand strongly and pull back if he tries to kick off.

I have to admit... I'm scared of them most of the time as well, but recently that fear has diminished by just a bit.

Although I have a friend who is really very scared of dogs, sometimes he mistakes little children for dogs and some times even garbage bags... :zoni

I have to admit... I'm scared of them most of the time as well, but recently that fear has diminished by just a bit.

Although I have a friend who is really very scared of dogs, sometimes he mistakes little children for dogs and some times even garbage bags... :zoni

Time for laser eye-correction surgery....?
But seriously, he might have an extreme phobia. Should talk to a therapist.

Time for laser eye-correction surgery....?
But seriously, he might have an extreme phobia. Should talk to a therapist.

Well I guess it was mainly due to him being barked at the dog before and running like crazy, before seeing the little girl coming out of the corner... But yes it might be extreme phobia, I don't know... :danish

Well I guess it was mainly due to him being barked at the dog before and running like crazy, before seeing the little girl coming out of the corner... But yes it might be extreme phobia, I don't know... :danish

Did you have bad experience with a dog as a child? I was attacked by a Rottweiler when I was a around 9 or 10. I was playing football with some of my cousins when one came out of a garden and scratched my back with it's paws. It doesn't sound too bad but it hurt for a few weeks. I wasn't scared but was very cautious of dogs until I got to know my neighbours which gave me confidence.

If you really want to remove this phobia, it's very simple. Just go and play with some puppies, they are dogs too. :p

Seriously if you can get to know a dog from a puppy you will never fear it no matter who big and ugly it becomes.

stunning looking dog king khna wc

he be looking magnificent

He is bro and very very friendly to humans. He's not been 'man trained' or ever been involved in fighting others dog, that's just abuse imo.

He also is a playful character.

Did you have bad experience with a dog as a child? I was attacked by a Rottweiler when I was a around 9 or 10. I was playing football with some of my cousins when one came out of a garden and scratched my back with it's paws. It doesn't sound too bad but it hurt for a few weeks. I wasn't scared but was very cautious of dogs until I got to know my neighbours which gave me confidence.

If you really want to remove this phobia, it's very simple. Just go and play with some puppies, they are dogs too. :p

Seriously if you can get to know a dog from a puppy you will never fear it no matter who big and ugly it becomes.

Well I was talking about my friend and not me. I don't know if he had a bad experience with a dog as a child, although he seems still pretty childish :afridi

He needs a strong chain because although he gets on great with humans he hates other dogs. When taking him for a walk he can switch if he sees a dog he doesn't like and that happens to be most of them. You have to wrap the lead round your hand strongly and pull back if he tries to kick off.

That's really sad, and that is what gives certain dog breeds bad names. And it has nothing to do with the breed. It's purely your cousins fault. I can bet that this dog was not socialised from a young age with other dogs, otherwise he would not be like this. He was socialised with humans, which is why he gets along well with them and will most likely never harm a human. Dogs are pack animals and need the socialisation early on in order to get them to behave as a part of the pack and not be aggressive towards other animals. Its also very likely that your cousin got him as a puppy, and way too early, i.e. before 8 weeks of age. He might not have had enough time to spend with his littermates and learn the early social behaviours.

You better pray that he never escapes his leash- pits are powerful dogs and have been bred for that power and the ability to latch on and not let go. There can be terrible consequences for him and the other dog if this ever happens, and guess what? It would not be the dogs fault. Your cousin should invest in a highly knowledgeable and skilled dog trainer and get this dog socialized with other dogs- it's never too late to teach an old dog new tricks. It is what a RESPONSIBLE dog owner would do.

That's really sad, and that is what gives certain dog breeds bad names. And it has nothing to do with the breed. It's purely your cousins fault. I can bet that this dog was not socialised from a young age with other dogs, otherwise he would not be like this. He was socialised with humans, which is why he gets along well with them and will most likely never harm a human. Dogs are pack animals and need the socialisation early on in order to get them to behave as a part of the pack and not be aggressive towards other animals. Its also very likely that your cousin got him as a puppy, and way too early, i.e. before 8 weeks of age. He might not have had enough time to spend with his littermates and learn the early social behaviours.

You better pray that he never escapes his leash- pits are powerful dogs and have been bred for that power and the ability to latch on and not let go. There can be terrible consequences for him and the other dog if this ever happens, and guess what? It would not be the dogs fault. Your cousin should invest in a highly knowledgeable and skilled dog trainer and get this dog socialized with other dogs- it's never too late to teach an old dog new tricks. It is what a RESPONSIBLE dog owner would do.

Put him on the Indian most wanted list.

Relax the dog is what it should be. He does get on with some dogs and doesn't with others. These are mostly tlhe ones in the neighbour hood who he regularly has slanging matches with.

He doesn't need to socialise with other dogs, he's not that sort of dog. He's happy they way he is, it's his natural way. Not every dog is the same and not all want to sleep in your bed and lick your face.

He is bro and very very friendly to humans. He's not been 'man trained' or ever been involved in fighting others dog, that's just abuse imo.

He also is a playful character.

yes exactly and people percieve pitbulls as agressive violent dogs...but like i siad it always depends on how they are trained...beautiful dog

Put him on the Indian most wanted list.

Relax the dog is what it should be. He does get on with some dogs and doesn't with others. These are mostly tlhe ones in the neighbour hood who he regularly has slanging matches with.

He doesn't need to socialise with other dogs, he's not that sort of dog. He's happy they way he is, it's his natural way. Not every dog is the same and not all want to sleep in your bed and lick your face.

Sorry if it came across too strong, but any dog that is dog aggressive has a problem. Unfortunately that is the case with the a large percentage of dogs because most dogs owners don't know what they're doing.

All dogs need to socialise with other dogs- your saying that he does not just shows how little you know about what dogs need.

Dogs need to be dogs, and know how to behave with other dogs. You're right about them not sleeping in your bed- I can't understand that either. Never want a dog in my bed, it's place is on the floor!

No, a dog that is aggressive is going by it's natural instinct. They're animals, they aren't meant to be civilized.

i've heard we should keep a 9 feet distance from dogs.............especially the :zardari and :RehmanMalik type............

how true is that?????

No, a dog that is aggressive is going by it's natural instinct. They're animals, they aren't meant to be civilized.

That's just your opinion, and not a very informed one at that. A somewhat detailed observation of wolf packs would tell you a lot. They are not viciously aggressive towards one another- there is a clear pack hierarchy, and it's in all their interests that as few wolves are harmed as possible. There are plenty of shows of force but little actual physical harm.

Compare this to a dog that is dog aggressive- they do not stop at a show of force. I'm talking from personal experience. My 1 year old pup was attacked by an adult dog who was being walked on a leash. The owner saw us coming and crouched down to bear hug her dog to control it. That should have been a sign to us to avoid walking by this dog...we walked past it and my dog pretty much ignored it. But as we went by we heard her say 'oh no!' and the next thing we knew, her dog had broken free and was on top of ours, snapping at her and biting her. I kicked that dog really hard to get it off, but finally the owner was able to pull it off. Luckily there was no blood drawn as they were separated quite quickly, but I shudder to think what could have happened had it been a more powerful breed. Unprovoked aggression like this is NOT normal, sorry.

You're right about not being civilized, though they have been domesticated.

Last edited:
Back