Dogs

No, a dog that is aggressive is going by it's natural instinct. They're animals, they aren't meant to be civilized.
That's not true. Even uncivilized humans are dangerous too and thats natural to humans (if not civilized.)

A dog which is not socialized with humans and dogs from early days, develop behevioral problem. But still 8 out of 10 won't bite unless they are terribly scared of you.

If we take most common dogs breeds kept as pets, the one which needs most socialization is Rottweiller, Siberian huskey and its advised not to leave children alone with them.

The safest breeds (in large dogs) are Golden retrievers, Labrador retrievers, Saint Bernard, german shephard. They are very careful when dealing with babies or kids.

Saint Bernard : One of the very soft natured dog.
20053533_1.jpg

i've heard we should keep a 9 feet distance from dogs.............especially the :zardari and :RehmanMalik type............

how true is that?????
You would be lucky to get that close to them I guess. In our countries its a lifetime oppurtunity if we can even come that close to our leaders whom we vote to elect.

^^Stop Dreaming man.........first of all people didn't vote to elect :zardari ..........some voted coz of BB's death...........45% votes were fake...Election Commission under Gardari gov't said it......

ne ways i don't think out politicians like coming out in public shaking hands w/ normal people.........coz of fear of getting shot (understandable coz they know their own antics very well)
and only thing out crony politicians like $$$$$$$$$$$$$............nothing else

^^Stop Dreaming man.........first of all people didn't vote to elect :zardari ..........some voted coz of BB's death...........45% votes were fake...Election Commission under Gardari gov't said it......

ne ways i don't think out politicians like coming out in public shaking hands w/ normal people.........coz of fear of getting shot (understandable coz they know their own antics very well)
and only thing out crony politicians like $$$$$$$$$$$$$............nothing else
45% fake vote ? :O Thats just terrible.

Its not the right thread, but just a quick question. What the EC doing when they know and can prove about that 45% fake vote? If they can't do anything then why have an EC?

^^brother it not JUST EC......that's the state most of gov't agencies are in.........being useless and corrupt........

thats Y we're in a state we're in..........we've sold our soul to the devil for $1.5/years that cronies at top eat..........

as great Imran Khan puts it....."BERR'A GHARAK Ho gaya hai, SATT'YA NAAS Ho gaya hai"

45% fake vote ? :O Thats just terrible.

Its not the right thread, but just a quick question. What the EC doing when they know and can prove about that 45% fake vote? If they can't do anything then why have an EC?

There is corruption everywhere, even in the Election Comission ... very easy to get them on your side ...

There is corruption everywhere, even in the Election Comission ... very easy to get them on your side ...
Yah, can't agree more. Any Indian would know very well what curruption can do.

This topic needs a thread of its own. Curruption in India/Pakistan :)

Yah, can't agree more. Any Indian would know very well what curruption can do.

This topic needs a thread of its own. Curruption in India/Pakistan :)

Yup, start the tread...everyone will jump on to Zardari and Rehman Malik. :akhtar

I've had three cats and believe me i would kill every cat in the world now if given a chance. Dogs are much much better to have. Plus "Dogs" is a beautiful song from pink floyd as well.

I've had three cats and believe me i would kill every cat in the world now if given a chance. Dogs are much much better to have. Plus "Dogs" is a beautiful song from pink floyd as well.
My views on cats and dogs

Cat : if you feed and pamper a cat it will think " I am the god, take care of me".
Dog: if you feed a and pamper a dog it will think "You are my god, I will protect you". :p

Why would you be scared of dogs? Even the scariest looking breeds are so gentle if you get closer to them and give them love.

Once you spend some time with a dog, all your inhibitions will go away. This is true for most pet animals.

whenever i think of sreesanth sledging Hayden or Symo i get remember this

mathew_sreesanth.jpg

sreesanth.jpg

always big dogs don't bark unnecessarily

I'm scared of them.

I was walking home alone once (in Canada) from a trail close to our house when a dog came ahead. I figured that it wouldn't notice me. But it sniffed around the grass and came right in front of me. I just stood there, frozen and then it barked at me and was about to bite I think.I was all alone in that area, took a run for it (bad idea) and ran towards the houses and roads which were thankfully close. I had a tiny plan in my mind to climb on to the hood of a parked car if it came after me but I think it got confused and went its own way. lol

I don't mind those white and tiny furry ones though.
Used to have a grey parrot but its voice was so loud and it sounded like a goat :| We gifted it to my brother's friend. :23:
One of them died, 2 got stolen and the rest fled. :(
We had a turtle too.. [always wanted to watch it race against one of the rabbits]. It went out for a walk and never came back :|

That made me LOL :)))

Wait time out.. Radiance of Australis = Canadian?

My mind is blown.

But you reside in Canada? I'm super confused, but let me see if you have an intro thread.

Why would you be scared of dogs? Even the scariest looking breeds are so gentle if you get closer to them and give them love.

Once you spend some time with a dog, all your inhibitions will go away. This is true for most pet animals.

I have a problem with an animal presence. It feels so... unnatural. They're all sneaky, moving around and stuff.

I think I might even be cautious if a cat was around. :fawad

^ Don't be confused :p In simple words (q AZ) Radio Australia Service in Canada :D, just like BBC Radio in Pakistan.

On the topic, in most cases it all depends on in which culture you face a dog. In Pakistan it will be rare that a dog ignores human. You have to be a good runner there to save your legs :D

Here in Germany dogs are well controlled/trained and it's rare that you will be chased by one. On the contrary they try to find a friend in every human. If you are chased, bitten or even barked on by a dog then the owner is in big trouble (by law).

Few years ago while playing cricket I was fielding at point. I noticed the entry of a dog and his owner in the ground but ignored it as the dog was playing around far away from me. Next moment the batsman played a shot towards me, I picked up the ball and this 'friendly' dog was running towards me fast :D I quickly realized that the dog want to play with a ball but I was not sure what to do. The dog was not that friendly as I see him growling. It then stood up in his hind legs and tried to grab the ball from my ahnds. Imagine the dog's jaw right in front of your eyes :p. I thought....that's it! No more resistence boy just throw the ball away. Thankfully the dog ran away after the ball :D and then was controole dby his owner.

Last edited:
We had a turtle too.. [always wanted to watch it race against one of the rabbits]. It went out for a walk and never came back :|

That's a horrible feeling.

I had a kitten which I never let out of my house because it was too young.

Once it got lost and I searched the nearby streets and parks for hours together. Asked all my neighbors if they've seen my kitten, searched their gardens and asked them to search their houses.

Finally I found it tucked comfortably inside the blanket on my bed. Apparently, it came inside the blanket while I was asleep. I got up, didn't find the kitten, shouted at my mom for keeping the door open and did all my searching while it was sleeping there.

The Imran Khan thread prompted me to bump this one.

A question to dog owners - how many of you guys keep your dogs in the house? Do you let them go anywhere in the house or do you restrict them to a certain area?

A question to dog owners - how many of you guys keep your dogs in the house? Do you let them go anywhere in the house or do you restrict them to a certain area?

The most healthy place for a dog is outside of the house. You can always put a heater in the kennel in the winter.

I'm probably more worried now about being around dogs. Since I've had my cat for 7 years now, I always think a dog will smell my cat on me outside haha.

I'm probably more worried now about being around dogs. Since I've had my cat for 7 years now, I always think a dog will smell my cat on me outside haha.

Why are you worried about dogs? Did you have bad experience in the past?

Why are you worried about dogs? Did you have bad experience in the past?

Actually I did as a child when a dog was off the leash and start chasing after me at the park for a few seconds haha. It's just I'd rather not walk near really big dogs, incase they sniff my cat on me and get aggressive haha.

Depends on the dog too I guess, some you can see from a distance look passive and friendly, others look very active and cross paths, those I'm not so keen on. Also depends on the owner too walking the dog haha, if he looks like a druggie or someone out of it then that increases the risk too haha.

Actually I did as a child when a dog was off the leash and start chasing after me at the park for a few seconds haha. It's just I'd rather not walk near really big dogs, incase they sniff my cat on me and get aggressive haha.

Depends on the dog too I guess, some you can see from a distance look passive and friendly, others look very active and cross paths, those I'm not so keen on. Also depends on the owner too walking the dog haha, if he looks like a druggie or someone out of it then that increases the risk too haha.

It's important to remember most dogs run to play with you not to hurt you. Usually if a dog wants to attack a human, he/she will be showing it's teeth with a deep bark. Of course big dogs can harm you just by jumping up on you, catching you with their paws etc.

The trick is if you know someone who has bought a puppy, play with it and as it grows older so will your fear of dogs vanish.

It's important to remember most dogs run to play with you not to hurt you. Usually if a dog wants to attack a human, he/she will be showing it's teeth with a deep bark. Of course big dogs can harm you just by jumping up on you, catching you with their paws etc.

The trick is if you know someone who has bought a puppy, play with it and as it grows older so will your fear of dogs vanish.

I was quite young at that time, so when I saw it run at me I thought I was in some deep stuff then haha. I don't think a dog has actually attacked me before me though, it's just naturally when you see something big running at you, then you dont feel so secure.

That's true, playing with a puppy and watching it grow is a good way to overcome any worries.

Serious question I've always wondered about:
Why don't Muslims keep dogs, generally speaking. I've noticed here in Bengaluru that only Muslims living in slums are friendly with street dogs. Otherwise they tend to keep a distance. Is there something in the scriptures that specifically forbids dogs which has got me wondering further about whether dogs even existed during the Prophet's time in the Arab region.

I remember asking a Muslim friend about this in school and he was vague and said they're dirty animals.

Thanks.

Serious question I've always wondered about:
Why don't Muslims keep dogs, generally speaking. I've noticed here in Bengaluru that only Muslims living in slums are friendly with street dogs. Otherwise they tend to keep a distance. Is there something in the scriptures that specifically forbids dogs which has got me wondering further about whether dogs even existed during the Prophet's time in the Arab region.

I remember asking a Muslim friend about this in school and he was vague and said they're dirty animals.

Thanks.

That is how it should be. As Hindus we should show kindness to all animals but should also maintain cleanliness. Dogs are filthy animals who shouldnt be allowed inside homes. Feeding them on the streets is fine, as long as they are not a threat to kids and passersby, in which case they must be put down.

Dogs are amazing. Myself and my wife are parents to 2 beautiful dogs - a German Shepherd adult and a Greyhound puppy - and neither of them would hurt a fly. They are also friends with our cats, particularly the big German Shepherd - the cats cuddle up to him, groom him, and make a nest in him when he is laid down asleep lol. Both of the dogs go for daily walks and runs, however most of the time they enjoy living in the house, napping, and watching telly. :)

We don’t buy the cheap and nasty dog food from pet shops. Meat, vegetables, rice, pasta, oats, beans and olive oils are all that a dog needs to be extremely strong and healthy. We get in all sorts of protein-rich beans and pulses for our dogs - borlotti, cannellini, kidney and soy beans, and also lentils and chickpeas - they absolutely gobble them up in no time at all!

One thing that I have never had since owning dogs is a common cold or the flu. Their constant presence around you definitely boosts your immune system. I have not missed a day at work due to sickness in over 2 years.

I will never hear a bad word said against any dog and nor will I ever stand by and watch a dog being mistreated without intervening. Every time I see a homeless person with a dog, I make sure that both the person and the dog are bought a small meal from the nearest shop.

I am curious as to why dogs get a bad rep in many Asian communities and seem to have a stigma of filth, disease, intimidation, aggression and doom attached to them. Some dogs just don’t get on with other dogs due to a personality clash, this is normal and the same as with humans. Honestly speaking though if a dog ever acts in an anti-social and threatening manner towards a human, it is because of the dog’s living conditions and / or because their owner has brought them up in the wrong manner.

Dogs are great. Parenting one (or more) will change your life. The animal that is the best friend to humans, now and forever. Adopt a dog!

Last edited:
You been watching Pulp Fiction of late? :)

Pakistani and Indian culture has got it right. Kutta is an abuse and is reserved for someone with no morals. Only in decadent west is the dog given special status, as they love an animal which gives them attention and improves their feeling of self worth. Personally love what the chinese do with dogs and someday want to try dog meat. Heard it tastes gamey.

Never been interested in Dogs or any other pets for that matter. A weird 4 legged creature that needs to be taken care of constantly. They can excrete anywhere in the house and make a mess which I find extremely disgusting and disturbing.

I don't think I personally would have a problem with keeping my dog inside the house. However, I own a Rottweiler. A massive breed, supposedly "aggressive". My girl is a ball of love though. Unfortunately, she's not house trained so I can't keep her inside my house.

And if it were to happen, I think I'd have to restrict her to my bedroom.

We absolutely love our German Shepherd.
He’s absolutely amazing and yes lives in our home. He’s allowed everywhere except for the bed we sleep in.

Dogs are amazing. Myself and my wife are parents to 2 beautiful dogs - a German Shepherd adult and a Greyhound puppy - and neither of them would hurt a fly. They are also friends with our cats, particularly the big German Shepherd - the cats cuddle up to him, groom him, and make a nest in him when he is laid down asleep lol. Both of the dogs go for daily walks and runs, however most of the time they enjoy living in the house, napping, and watching telly. :)

We don’t buy the cheap and nasty dog food from pet shops. Meat, vegetables, rice, pasta, oats, beans and olive oils are all that a dog needs to be extremely strong and healthy. We get in all sorts of protein-rich beans and pulses for our dogs - borlotti, cannellini, kidney and soy beans, and also lentils and chickpeas - they absolutely gobble them up in no time at all!

One thing that I have never had since owning dogs is a common cold or the flu. Their constant presence around you definitely boosts your immune system. I have not missed a day at work due to sickness in over 2 years.

I will never hear a bad word said against any dog and nor will I ever stand by and watch a dog being mistreated without intervening. Every time I see a homeless person with a dog, I make sure that both the person and the dog are bought a small meal from the nearest shop.

I am curious as to why dogs get a bad rep in many Asian communities and seem to have a stigma of filth, disease, intimidation, aggression and doom attached to them. Some dogs just don’t get on with other dogs due to a personality clash, this is normal and the same as with humans. Honestly speaking though if a dog ever acts in an anti-social and threatening manner towards a human, it is because of the dog’s living conditions and / or because their owner has brought them up in the wrong manner.

Dogs are great. Parenting one (or more) will change your life. The animal that is the best friend to humans, now and forever. Adopt a dog!

In Muslim countries it's mostly due to them being associated with Najas (impurity) and if they lick anything it has to be washed 7 times etc etc. In the other SC communities I think people either don't have the resources nor the time to actually care for the dogs and also from cultural aspect, from what I have seen here dogs are companions for the lonely (ish), either old people whose kids have left, Young single people etc and given the close knitted families system back in the SC I think they have more than enough "companionship" to care much for pets.

German Shepherds are great dogs.

The poster who quoted you before has little clue. Many Asians keep dogs, in Pakistan almost every house in the rural areas has a dog of some sort. Dogs are kept as guard dogs more than pets but of course the owners get close to them as you would with a dog. The only issue is due to having clean clothes when it's prayer time and I dont think it's necessary to keep dogs in the house but it's up to the owners.

[MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] don’t tell me this dog is nice.

It's not nice to other dogs but to humans it's amazing. A lot of so called pits are mixed breeds of other dogs but to get one which is a pure breed is not cheap. They are not really guard dogs but are fighting dogs, which is what they been bred for. However if you bring them up properly, they are very sensitive towards humans esp those in the family, all they want to do is play. I used to play tug of war or just generally wrestle it on the ground , they are very strong dogs.

If it was pound for pound , the Pitbull would win hands down. It's has the physice and strength similar to a super athlete such as a boxer or sprinter.

The problem is dogs can be trained in various ways and most dogs can be trained to attack humans which gangs or bad owners teach them. If such a dog was instant on attacking you, there isn't much you could do, even running would be worthless as they are quick.

It's not nice to other dogs but to humans it's amazing. A lot of so called pits are mixed breeds of other dogs but to get one which is a pure breed is not cheap. They are not really guard dogs but are fighting dogs, which is what they been bred for. However if you bring them up properly, they are very sensitive towards humans esp those in the family, all they want to do is play. I used to play tug of war or just generally wrestle it on the ground , they are very strong dogs.

If it was pound for pound , the Pitbull would win hands down. It's has the physice and strength similar to a super athlete such as a boxer or sprinter.

The problem is dogs can be trained in various ways and most dogs can be trained to attack humans which gangs or bad owners teach them. If such a dog was instant on attacking you, there isn't much you could do, even running would be worthless as they are quick.

I’m surprised man. I thought most of us Pakistanis hated dogs. Seems like most people like them though on PP.

The pure bred pitbull is unfortunately banned in the UK unless you can get a special order granted by the courts, then it has to be muzzled and leashed. A mixed breed pitbull meanwhile is technically legal but you have to prove to the courts that it is not a pure breed. If you are perceived to have not met the criteria for exemption in either case, the dog will be put down and you could go to prison. Same with some other breeds.

Ridiculous legislation. There need to be laws around treating animals kindly and parenting them in a responsible way, but the current laws do not help either of these things, they just stigmatise certain breeds. Just as human laws focus on individuals as opposed to classifications of people, so should the canine and animal legislation.

Anyone who is scared of dogs, honestly I would encourage you to take a leap of faith and adopt one. You will never feel so secure at home, or safe (and popular!!) out and about in public than when you have your dog with you. The nice people will come and meet your dog, the nasty people will stay well away. There is a reason why many successful people like businessmen and women, actors, entrepreneurs, celebrities, sportspeople etc are often photographed going about their daily routines with their dogs. They know that their public profile and their image are rasied, changed and enhanced by being a dog owner.

BTW any dog can be made to look fearsome and deadly in a fixed photograph where it has been starved, teased and wound up in advance of the shoot. Such photographs are not objective evidence and therefore best ignored.

My views on cats and dogs

Cat : if you feed and pamper a cat it will think " I am the god, take care of me".
Dog: if you feed a and pamper a dog it will think "You are my god, I will protect you". :p

This is why I prefer cats. They are fascinating to watch, and they keep vermin down.

I find dogs to be smelly, labour-intensive, needy and in my face. When one approaches me I am friendly to it, and and if one was in distress I would try to help it. I just wish they wouldn't come near me.

Cats > dogs.

Cats are pointless. A dog will guard your house, protect your family and will give you good exercise whether it's going for walks or playing. A dog is also very loyal, more loyal than humans while a cat will move on if someone else starts feeding it.

Cats are pointless. A dog will guard your house, protect your family and will give you good exercise whether it's going for walks or playing. A dog is also very loyal, more loyal than humans while a cat will move on if someone else starts feeding it.

Stop trying to sell me a dog :)))

Does fur put you off even more? If not I would suggest a German Shepard, very intelligent and if not, then perhaps a bull terrier but some can be loud and aggressive against other dogs.

Or perhaps you should get a pug, they are very small and easy to take care of. A good dog for novice owners.

No problem, you're welcome. :)

Does fur put you off even more? If not I would suggest a German Shepard, very intelligent and if not, then perhaps a bull terrier but some can be loud and aggressive against other dogs.

Or perhaps you should get a pug, they are very small and easy to take care of. A good dog for novice owners.

No problem, you're welcome. :)

Stop telling me to get dogs :facepalm:

He's basically looking for a servant, bodyguard and an exercise instructor in one rather than a pet which beats the whole point of actually having a dog portrayed in this thread. Also dogs (among other animals) will actually start to eat their owner once they're dead. So much for loyalty.

Last edited:
He's basically looking for a servant, bodyguard and an exercise instructor in one rather than a pet which beats the whole point of actually having a dog portrayed in this thread. Also dogs (among other animals) will actually start to eat their owner once they're dead. So much for loyalty.

I think you have misread [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] post, he is merely trying to evoke how a dog will become a member of the family and play an active role, contributing to the daily activities.

The point about dogs / other animals eating their dead owners is hardly a revolutionary one, humans themselves will become cannibals in a life-or-death situation, it is how living organisms are wired: to survive.

I think you have misread [MENTION=43583]KingKhanWC[/MENTION] post, he is merely trying to evoke how a dog will become a member of the family and play an active role, contributing to the daily activities.

The point about dogs / other animals eating their dead owners is hardly a revolutionary one, humans themselves will become cannibals in a life-or-death situation, it is how living organisms are wired: to survive.

Life or death situation? There have been cases where dogs have started chewing on their owners who had just passed out. Anyway I know this is instinctive but people are trying too hard to sell their own love for dogs/animals on to others. Even though I have tried to raise animals and have many members of the family who actually love them and even have a brother in law who is a professional trainer of German Shepherds for international IPOs, I for one am not a dog/pet person and doubt will ever be. To each his own.

P.S . The Mrs and I have actually sponsored a child with the extra money we had rather than spend it on a pet as we thought that better. Again this is our personal view and nothing to do with people who love animals.

P.P.S - We do not hate animals and actually grew up in households with a lot of animals but are just somewhat indifferent.

Last edited:

Thanks James.

One thing which is very tragic is dogs dont live for long, not compared to humans. When a dog passes, it's a very sad day for the family.

Even if I wasn’t scared of dogs... the way they passionately lick you EWWWW.

This is why I prefer cats. They are fascinating to watch, and they keep vermin down.

I find dogs to be smelly, labour-intensive, needy and in my face. When one approaches me I am friendly to it, and and if one was in distress I would try to help it. I just wish they wouldn't come near me.

This is a post that sums it up for me. Honestly, the fact that dogs will lick you when they feel good about you is something that makes me extremely reluctant to get one, or even go near them, I honestly won't go to people's houses just because they have a dog. I'd be nice to them and try to help them if I do unfortunately end up near one, but they're too touchy and unhygienic to be a pet for me.

Thanks James.

One thing which is very tragic is dogs dont live for long, not compared to humans. When a dog passes, it's a very sad day for the family.

The lifespan situation is upsetting indeed. It has been made even worse by generations of inbreeding for the sake of rosettes and competitions. Some of the tiny dogs can live for about 20 years though.

Cats > dogs.

I had a great relationship with my little black cat. She had a range of vocalisations according to mood. We played some rare old games around the house. She would sleep between my feet. I still miss her, eight years after she was euthanised.

I had a great relationship with my little black cat. She had a range of vocalisations according to mood. We played some rare old games around the house. She would sleep between my feet. I still miss her, eight years after she was euthanised.

What kind of games could you possibly play with a cat? Throw a ball at them, they just jump up and down like idiots.

I was scared of dogs till I was about 6 and got chased by one...it kinda ran the fear from my body. However, knowing full well how dangerous dogs can be, I am wary around them. I have personally seen plenty of dog attacks in parks and just on the road, most of them with child victims. Dogs are not "man's best friend" as the British like to say.

I was scared of dogs till I was about 6 and got chased by one...it kinda ran the fear from my body. However, knowing full well how dangerous dogs can be, I am wary around them. I have personally seen plenty of dog attacks in parks and just on the road, most of them with child victims. Dogs are not "man's best friend" as the British like to say.

The stray dogs in Pakistan and India aren't.

Some breeds like work dogs such as pitbulls,bull dogs, Labradors are really dangerous. Pitbulls are the most dangerous and shouldn't be kept as pets as they were bred for fighting, non-work dogs are fine.

Some breeds like work dogs such as pitbulls,bull dogs, Labradors are really dangerous. Pitbulls are the most dangerous and shouldn't be kept as pets as they were bred for fighting, non-work dogs are fine.

Everyone should own a pitbull buddy, it's the most amazing dog.

Everyone should own a pitbull buddy, it's the most amazing dog.

100% agree, two of my friends own pitbulls and they are the sweetest dogs out there other then a lab.

Dogs behave how are they are trained and brought up/environment, very similar to human beings in that sense.

Cats I love due to their independence but they have zero loyalty.

I have owned cats and dogs.

What kind of games could you possibly play with a cat? Throw a ball at them, they just jump up and down like idiots.

They will kiss you on the nose. You can pretend to be a mouse and they pretend-pounce on you. They will wrestle with your hand if you hold it in a certain way.

Back