Emerging Cape Cobras v Pakistanis | Tour Match | Cape Town | 11/2/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotham Cronie

Test Debutant
Runs
Do you think Pakistan should bat out the entire day?

With 13 players allowed per side, should they bring in Hafeez and Jamshed for time out in the middle?

Pakistan definitely should not bat out the entire day. Asad, Misbah, Sarfraz, Hafeez, and Jamshed should all bat. I reckon they should declare after a session. Then Ehsan, Rahat, Irfan, and Rehman should be given the ball.

I suppose batsmen at the moment require more time at the crease than anything else. Definitely should bat most of the day.

Bowl last 10-12 overs to get some more bowling into Irfan to get his fitness up and have a mino-bowl off between him and Rahat Ali (who needs a big show not to be dropped IMO).

Ahh, just read that Hafeez has been rested for this game. So now after Asad and Misbah, Jamshed and Sarfraz will bat.

Misbah retired out. Sarfraz and Asad batting now.

Good to see Sarfaz scoring runs and proving his critics wrong...

People who keep supporting sarfaz are pretty much supporting batting with 10 batsmen, Chris Martin is more reliable than him lol.

sarfaraz is definitely better than Adnan.he is selected to fail in those condition

Yes adnan would have struck back to back hundreds.

While we are on the topic, lets select Tanvir. Becuase he failed bowling miserably , but hey at least he hit two sixes!!

Kamran Akmal is your best WK batsmen by far in all formats.

Doctor sahb, your anti Akmal obsession is quiting irritating now

My obsession ?

Look at these posts !!! They are the ones who start singing praises.

Sudais said:
sarfaraz is definitely better than Adnan.he is selected to fail in those condition

And if I reply back it's my obsession?

What about you guys who pound every thread after every match begging for Akmals to be recalled ?

lol Tanvir is so good. He hit two sixes. Let's get him in the team ! He's bowled now for 22 off 19. What a game !

My obsession ?

Look at these posts !!! They are the ones who start singing praises.

And if I reply back it's my obsession?

What about you guys who pound every thread after every match begging for Akmals to be recalled ?

Do i need to comment here!!You are even taking Adnan's criticism as his praise...

Do i need to comment here!!You are even taking Adnan's criticism as his praise...

Did you even read the next part ?? He is selected to fail in those conditions.

Ever hear of the word sarcasm ?

It reeks in this post. Go figure.

Other than Irfan and Rehmann no one outside the test XI from the first test has put their hand up for the second test.

Pakistanis 176/6 (49.4 ov)

Pakistanis lead by 20 runs with 4 wickets remaining in the 1st innings.

Mahlombe to Abdur Rehman, no run, can only push it away on the off side, and the ceclaration has indeed been made. We hear that each team will be lookingto bat fro 39 overs in their second innings

Awesome...That makes a lot of sense:misbah

Did you even read the next part ?? He is selected to fail in those conditions.

Ever hear of the word sarcasm ?

It reeks in this post. Go figure.

No doctor sahb.....He meant that Adnan has been protected from failure by playing in South Africa................It is so in my humble opinion...:)

To Sudais Sarfraz is better even if Adnan was there in South Africa he would have failed too..

Last edited:
No doctor sahb.....He meant that Adnan has been protected from failure by playing in South Africa................It is so in my humble opinion...:)

To Sudais Sarfraz is better even if Adnan was there in South Africa he would have failed too..

Well , I don't think that's what he meant. However , Peace. To each his own.

I won't comment on Akmals, unless someone comments first.

which is quite fair in my opinion.

How can i say Adnan(average 25) better than sarfaraz(42),After all they have been selected on first class basis.I am not against any one.definitely kamran played some SUPER innings But no one has questioned his batting abilities it is his keeping which is complete lay down.yes Adnan is decent But not better than sarfaraz.But THERE should be competition for the place between the two and both should be in the squad.

It is all clear and it is fine to express your opinion Sudais ...

Is it raining there..?...Innings break is usually 10 minutes long

Tanvir Ahmed to Kleinveldt, OUT, edged and gone

MC Kleinveldt c †Sarfraz Ahmed b Tanvir Ahmed 9 (12b 2x4 0x6) SR: 75.00

Finally scorecard is updated now...Another chance for Tanvir Ahmad to impress....This could bring curtains to his international career...

Has just captured one wicket.....What if he picks up 3 or 4 wickets in this innings...?..:))

Irfan would be a preference always,if he is fully fit..

This is what I am wondering ?

What happens if he cleans up the whole innings ?

Would leave us in dilemma right ?

LBW shout but not given.. Rahat Ali bringing the ball in

I don't understand, Tanvir Ahmed averages less than 25 in the 4 tests that he's played, so why isn't he playing?

I don't understand, Tanvir Ahmed averages less than 25 in the 4 tests that he's played, so why isn't he playing?

He didnt impress in New Zealand, always out of breath after a 2 or 3 spells, and age was against him; so selectors decided to try new people - Cheema, Junaid etc

Because he bowls to club level batsmen? :p

are you kidding me?Our domestic cricket feature some class batsmen including Bradman 2.0:fawad but yeah he should be given a fair long run first because Asif was very disappointing in his first test as well..and Amla who is ranked #1 today didn't have a good start either so I'd like to see a few more games before judging him but if he fails then our selectors are blind or something is wrong with our domestic cricket..

From the commentary it seems Rahat has built the pressure but tanvir is getting wicket so because batters are looking to thrash him bcz of his military meduim pace.......

Finally scorecard is updated now...Another chance for Tanvir Ahmad to impress....This could bring curtains to his international career...

Has just captured one wicket.....What if he picks up 3 or 4 wickets in this innings...?..:))

Irfan would be a preference always,if he is fully fit..

This is what I am wondering ?

What happens if he cleans up the whole innings ?

Would leave us in dilemma right ?

Couple of more wickets will make it more difficlult for :misbah.....

Lets see if Irfan can bowl 8-10 more overs here..But i do not know why he has not been given the new ball in both innings...

this will be a 40 overs game from here..they are going to play some shots.

Mohammad Irfan to Petersen, no run, played to gully, Abudr Rehman scores a direct hit but Petersen had not left his crease

story of our fielders

It'll be a shame if we can't chase whatever total set by Emerging Cobras.

:out off stump out of the ground

good revenge by Adil..he needs more wickets..

two fours in a row............this game has turned into a bizzare T20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back