England [231/9] beat Australia [207] by 24 runs to win the second ODI

The totak is not that big , Aussies should be able to pull this one , they can afford to play out a few quiet overs

What a ball by Archer. Reminds me of the Shoaib Akhtar delivery to Tendulkar in the 2003 wc!

Beautiful ball by Archer , He gets a wicket , Poms have got wickets at right time here

WICKET! Stoinis c Buttler b Archer 9 – Australia 37-2
Sensational from Archer! A brutish short ball has Stoinis all at sea and the only thing the batsman can do is balloon behind off the glove. England right in this game!

Almost!

What a match. It is nice to see bowlers bowling fire!

If Rashid can ball as well as he did in the first match it can be a close game

DXqAv9RcS56SqKE4b5mT_image%20%2821%29.jpg

Sam Curran is yet to ball and England are 16 overs into the innings with ball. With his pace I am not sure how effective he will be with older ball.

35 short which they could have potentially made had they not removed a player for 'tactical' reasons, but no probs Rash to skittle these Aussies providing a few early wickets are taken me thinks :mv I have a feeling it's going to be Rash's day

I think, problem for England in that their strategy is built on uneven balance - they put every egg in batting basket. Lop-side of that is the day batsmen fail, they don’t have any escape route.

I think, problem for England in that their strategy is built on uneven balance - they put every egg in batting basket. Lop-side of that is the day batsmen fail, they don’t have any escape route.

On Most days they bank on batting out the opposition, they mostly click. They have power hitters as well as depth in batting.

Cant believe this England side won the World Cup lol

Finch 50

LN6i0QglSXKuZ8qS9rcn_image%20%2823%29.jpg

Australia have outplayed England in both games so far. Don't want to hear excuses about Stokes being out.

WICKET! Labuschagne lbw b Woakes 48 – Australia 144-3

Woakes bellows towards umpire Gough for Labuschagne lbw after beating the batsman on his inside edge but there is only a shake of the head from the on-field official. Morgan promptly calls for the review and it works, hitting middle stump. Twist?

EBTZP5CQ5myWoTK9wzgA_image.jpg

Last edited:
Marsh gone. Australias problem in LO is getting off to good starts with the bat and then collapsing. Could today be a repeat of that?

Australia have an impressive top four with Warner, Finch, Smith and Labu. Maxwell and Marsh two finishers as well. Need to drop Stoinis for the good. Cummins and Starc are good no.8 and 9's.

Australia have an impressive top four with Warner, Finch, Smith and Labu. Maxwell and Marsh two finishers as well. Need to drop Stoinis for the good. Cummins and Starc are good no.8 and 9's.

If Carey can start firing , it's a top class batting line up.

Time for Alex Carey to step up. Australia have persisted with him despite his form being poor . Time to repay the faith.

The asking is such that batting out 59 overs Aussies will win. If Poms are to make a comeback here needs to remove Finch

Top stuff from Woakes and Archer. Eng right back in the game.

England will fancy their chances against Maxwell with the form he’s in and win the conditions not being that easy

Hope Maxwell attacks. Some boundaries would put England under pressure. But need to see of Woakes and Archer first.

Hope Maxwell attacks. Some boundaries would put England under pressure. But need to see of Woakes and Archer first.

English bowling table is a dirty picture - captain has almost finished his main two bowlers by 33rd over😩

Morgan took a risk with bowling Archer out and it got England back into the game. This is the captaincy I like to see.

As I've said, Morgan is the best captain in world cricket right now. They need to get him in the Test team and captain that as well.

Just like any top captain Morgan extracts the best out of his players

The run rate will also become a factor soon. I expect it to hit 7 in a few overs. With 6 down it’s gonna get tough

Losing Maxwell was a big blow. If he stayed, he could have got that big over in Rashid's spell and suddenly 80 would have reduced to 60. Now it's gonna be hard.

Archer is the best in the world. The most charismatic, box office fast bowler since....I don’t know.

Archer is the best in the world. The most charismatic, box office fast bowler since....I don’t know.
He is not proven in tests but is very good in ODI
ODIs:
Starc
Bumrah
Archer
Tests:
Cummins
Bumrah
Rabada
Daylight
Sunlight
Moonlight
Archer

Last edited:
5 dots excellent over. Every dot ball here is huge. Wickets will come

He is brilliant in LOs, this performance is top notch, actually better than the World Cup one.

Archer is a great white ball bowler but he flopped against WI and Pakistan batsmen in England

Australia dominated this game until Labuschange got out. Will be such a shame if they lose .

Miraculous stuff by England again.

I have lost count of the number of times they have won matches from improbable situations over the last few years.

The most clutch team in the world today by a country mile.

Carey should look to attack. Can't expect Hazelwood and Zampa to last long here. Also Carey looks better when he is attacking. That is how he made impressed last year.

Miraculous stuff by England again.

I have lost count of the number of times they have won matches from improbable situations over the last few years.

The most clutch team in the world today by a country mile.

India are a better side

WICKET! Cummins b S Curran 11 – Australia 166-7

Bullseye! The stumps are dismantled yet again as Cummins chops Sam Curran onto his poles on the pull. Australia are throwing this away.

WICKET! Starc c Buttler b S Curran 0 – Australia 166-8
Curran is on a hat-trick as Starc slashes his first ball, a wide one, behind and Buttler takes a cracking catch diving to his left. What a meltdown this has been for Australia.

Carey should be looking to hog the strike. Why run 3 there ? It's only the 1st ball.

Back