England (539 & 299/5) beat New Zealand (553 & 284) by 5 wickets in the 2nd Test at Nottingham

Wow, what are we seeing from Bairstow here? This is brutal.

Bairstow is batting with a Viv Richards swagger. Chewing gums and hitting sixes for fun.

Kiwis have lost their heads here. Now they know what the Aussies felt like at Headingley.

Fastest ever test 100 by an English batsman was scored off 76 balls. Will Johnny break that long standing (came way back in 1902) record?

Is this the McCullum effect? Wonder what he said to Bairstow in the Tea break.

Kiwis bowlers have bowled too short since tea and both these have taken full toll.

When New Zeland has Jamieson and Wagner bowling well, along with Boult, it looks like the best or second best bowling attack in the world.

Without Jamieson and Wagner, the bowling attack looks toothless.

If you are going to play a spinner, bowl him and make sure he can turn the ball.

Henry is not very good and Southee, despite his good career stats, has never impressed me highly.

Boult is good but still a tier below the best in the world.

Well done to England. Barristow deserves a hundred.

I expect this English team to badly maul our prima donnas in the only test we'll play next month.

I expect this English team to badly maul our prima donnas in the only test we'll play next month.

England will have fire in the belly whereas India is more concerned about pakora sales in the IPL. If you end up losing that's where the problem lies.

What a time to plan a counter attacking innings like that from Bairstow just when your needed it most, runs to be scored quickly that is.

Wonder what stokes does here?

Does he stick around and let bairstow hit.

Or does he go ballistic, try and get the required score down asap since he can't run.

Jessop's 121-year record for the fastest England century still stands.

Fastest ever test 100 by an English batsman was scored off 76 balls. Will Johnny break that long standing (came way back in 1902) record?
And he couldn't break it. But a sensational 100 nonetheless!

Hundred for Son of Bluey! That's his fourth in his last six tests.

England will have fire in the belly whereas India is more concerned about pakora sales in the IPL. If you end up losing that's where the problem lies.
Truly pathetic state of affairs in BCCI ever since Ganguly took over which is really sad.

Johnny bairstow have so much talent but i m sure he will be disappointed with his test career. He only averages 34 after Playing so many tests.

Some people wanted Bairstow dropped before the series lol. Atherton included

Gone from 160 to win at Tea down to 57 to win less than an hour later. Haha

Johnny bairstow have so much talent but i m sure he will be disappointed with his test career. He only averages 34 after Playing so many tests.

To be fair he did keep wicket for a lot of those.

Truly pathetic state of affairs in BCCI ever since Ganguly took over which is really sad.

With this weather, it will suit India though. Don't lose hope just yet. You might just be favourites.

102 runs off the last 9 overs.

The modern game. The T20 effect right there.

What the…

England are gonna win this easily, what batsmanship, England take a bow.

With this weather, it will suit India though. Don't lose hope just yet. You might just be favourites.
On flatties we are even more hopeless. Our best chance is on bowling wickets.

:Six for Hoppalong Stokes. He can't run singles, so he hits sixes.

Fifty for Stokes, and 50 runs to win.

like a real life game of brian laras cricket :))

110 off last 10 overs.

Trent boult and Southee look tired after playing 3 months of IPL.
Blame should go to IPL for new zealand's dismal performance.
That overrated Williamson is injured due to IPL even Kyle Jamieson is injured due to IPL.

NZ have run out of bowlers

Don’t say I told you so but

Part of me wants a wicket to fall for the drama.

But I mainly want New Zealand to get spanked for bowling part time filth in a key phase of the game.

This is amazing stuff.
Am absolutely glued to the screen.

Bairstow just got out but what amazing match winning innings.

Hmmm. Stokes on one leg, and Foakes. NZ back in with a sniff?

Back