England v India, ICC Champions Trophy 2013 Final | 23/06/13 | India Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHONI183

A departed friend who will live in our memories fo
Runs
Post of the Week
The biggest ODI match of this year is right here! The two best teams of the tournament are about to contest the final of the ICC Champions Trophy 2013. With me is Alastair Cook, MS Dhoni and some unknown Match Referee.

*That was so Ravi Shastri-isc from me:D.*

Last edited:
England bowl first!

David Lloyd is reporting that the Indian fans booed the England players as they were announced on the loudspeaker when the teams were announced.

Always slightly odd to see English Indians who live and work here booing the home team.

England have first blood............Tough for India to recover from here.

Make good use of Ravi Bopara Cook! He will revel in these conditions.

PakPassion.net @PakPassion

"Advantage England, but the Indians should look to see Anderson off and consolidate." Bazid Khan

PakPassion.net @PakPassion

"James Anderson will be England's key today." Waqar Younis

Bresnan suits a cloudy swingy Edgbaston more than Finn would.

Finn is the man for your Headingleys, The Ovals and Old Traffords.

I love the fact even the South Africans sing our National Anthem.

England really is the greatest place.

The worst part is that their is no reserve day for final either. I would rather see India loose then share trophy today.What a pathetic schedule by those jokers in ICC.

Also a big day for Tricky Tredders. If he can bowl well against some good players of spin, Andy Flower might seriously consider the prospect of giving him the ODI gig full time.

Why not have a reserve day ? Wasn't too hard to forsee a rain affected final..

:))) :))) Nasser ripping into Botham. This is better entertainment than the match itself.

Rain is killing the match that i was waiting for in the whole tournament.

Great sign in the crowd:

"We don't care who wins we are still going to have Fish N Chips with Curry sauce"

looks like the match will be called off.....its rain forecast throughout the day

How about keeping a 20/20 match instead of reducing overs every hour. There could be a situation where we could get about 60 overs in but still dont manage to get 70.

Its still raining,

Not looking good for the rest of the day,

How can ICC repeat the same mistake like 2002. No reserve day for final of a big tournament is so pathetic and crazy. One side ICC says they are worried about the Game's popularity and other side they make such schedule where u dont have reserve day for final of Champions Trophy..? That shows that ICC is so much eager to curtail the Champions trophy then anyone else.."

Even 2002 had a reserved day, which itself got washed out. I completely agree with the comment quoted above, which appeared on cricinfo.

The ICC is so stupid.. Couldnt have been any more idiotic. The fans purchase the tickets for a premium pricing, some travel from diff continents.. and THIS is the planning... IN ENGLAND ...??!?

will be this at the end

160173.jpg

lol bunch of jokers these Cricket organisers are. Should've held it on Saturday (yesterday) as the weather was fine most of the time and if there were rain in case, a reserve day for Sunday would've made sense whereas Monday, people are off to work and school.

If think there were 9 participants in this tournament and the winner of that RAIN!!! congratulations because these organisers completely downplayed you well done!!!

Sanjiv Kohli: "Why have ICC not allowed for a reserve day for the final. This seems a ludicrous decision for a major competition played in England and Wales where the weather is unpredictable. Particularly as this is the last Champions Trophy. Ironically, the forecast for Monday (and rest of the week) is clear and dry!!!"

Somebody let us have a field day with ICC officials in the damp ground.. Just for 20 overs.

:D

But icc officials really do deserve a thrashing.

Last edited:
Just make sure they leave 2 months of window open to play Stupid IPL..
Rest of tournaments doesn't matter .. pathetic icc

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Pathetic scheduling. Took the fun out of the tournament which admittedly featured some quality cricket.

What is time left for match to even play 20/20 match

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

ICC should consider something like this...

<center>
BNccURoCQAAROmg.jpg:large

I'm confident England has nothing to lose from this rain, sad for India they would've won the cup.

This is the reason cricket won't survive. There is absolutely no common sense to it.
Biggest tournament of the year, all that build-up, all those matches.. nothing counts. All because the FINAL is washed out and we don't have a reserve day. PATHETIC.

Saj, you got mentioned by Aggers on the radio just now. Something about him re-tweeting a picture you had of Inzi playing for Lashings.

match is gonna be called off. There is rain till 4 PM. and then there is more rain from 5 PM till night.....No way this game is gonna be played.

I've come back home from the ground. The outfield is very wet and the rain won't stop long enough for safe playing conditions. A real shame as it would have been a great game.

waqar: "Are there lights at edgbaston ? Why cant the cut off time be pushed to what it would have been in a day night game if the weather gets better in the evening and play it under the lights ?" Yes, they have got lights and they have been on all day. Such is cricket's flexibility (or lack of) that when a game is designated a day game it can't change.

England should be banned as a venue esp for ODI tournaments.
/rant.

Cant shift game despite heavy outrage to next day
Cant change day game to day night
No reserve days

The circle is complete

From Cricinfo -

Oh hello, a bit of sunshine, and, for the first time since 11.30 the umpire are coming out to have a look. These gaps in the rain were forecast but unfortunately, gap are all they are and more rain is set to come in soon. But some warmth for the spectators huddled around the ground under umbrellas or in the bars.

There's still a chance of a 25 over game!

There will be a pitch inspection at 3pm if there's no further rain.

Last edited:
I now with wet outfield its dangerous for the fielders but can't we have a Superover in a way that there is no fielder one batsman and one bowler with a keeper and all 6 balls will be fultosses, the one who scores maximum wins no singles allowed......:p

Or what about the kamikaze bowl outs surely that's more easy..:msd

friend of mine at the place is saying...he does not think there will be more rain...even weather .com says the same...

so hopwfully a 25 ovr game

Reduced Game, India has the upper edge, though they are batting first! They can go all out attack at English Bowlers.

Hopefully there will be no more complaints against Indian Victory after that (Won the Toss, Flat Wicket, etc)

Reduced Game, India has the upper edge, though they are batting first! They can go all out attack at English Bowlers.

Hopefully there will be no more complaints against Indian Victory after that (Won the Toss, Flat Wicket, etc)

expect few ppl saying bcci used its financial clout to influence god to rain in birmingham so that match could be shortened to India's liking...

expect few ppl saying bcci used its financial clout to influence god to rain in birmingham so that match could be shortened to India's liking...

Yes, more so we have a god for rain also!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back