England v Pakistan | 3rd T20I | Cardiff | May 28 | Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
After downing Pakistan in the 2nd T20I, can England continue the assault in the 3rd T20I or will Pakistan stage a comeback?

With again some rain forecasts on Tuesday, thinks look bleak for team Green as they are trailing England with a 0-1 lead.
====
Warning:

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

After downing Pakistan in the 2nd T20I, can England continue the assault in the 3rd T20I or will Pakistan stage a comeback?

With again some rain forecasts on Tuesday, thinks look bleak for team Green as they are trailing England with a 0-1 lead.
====
Warning:

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.
Bro do you mean post match discussion? You already made a pre match discussion thread? Match is over.

Another England bashing coming straight up.

Oh and Cardiff, it'll only rain early morning, we are all clear when the match starts. England 2-0 victory coming right up

Time to try Usman at the top and Saim in the middle. Azam Khan should be rested.
Umm no, time to put fakhar at the top, Usman in fakhar's place at 4.

You use your best PP player and your best batsmen in the last decade in PP. Its a simple concept that's alien to PCT.

Usman Khan
Rizwan
Babar
Fakhar
Azam Khan
Iftikhar
Imad Wasim
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf
Abrar

Amir hasn't done much wrong but I will give Naseem a go.

Saim and Shadab should be dropped.

Usman Khan
Rizwan
Babar
Fakhar
Azam Khan
Iftikhar
Imad Wasim
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf
Abrar

Amir hasn't done much wrong but I will give Naseem a go.

Saim and Shadab should be dropped.
Rizwan should be sacked

His presence and adjusting him in the XI is destroying Pakistan cricket

Fakhar
Babar
Usman
Rizwan (wk)
Saim
Chacha
Imad
Shaheen
Amir
Naseem / Abrar
Rauf

Would like to see this starting 11 for the next game

I don’t understand this,

Shadab was rightfully dropped in the 2nd T20i against Ireland after his poor show in the first T20 against them.

What exactly did he do in between the two games where he sat out (and Pakistan won both games)?

How did he crawl into the side again after being dropped?

I don’t understand this,

Shadab was rightfully dropped in the 2nd T20i against Ireland after his poor show in the first T20 against them.

What exactly did he do in between the two games where he sat out (and Pakistan won both games)?

He was dropped by management for a game, not by selectors, pcb or babar who view him as a gun allrounder.

Babar to this date views both nawaz and sheddy as his key assets

I don’t understand this,

rizwan, babar, shadab, iftikhar, shaheen, naseem, are the main guys and everyone has to play around them
if you think anyone of of them are going to get dropped more than a series it's not going happen.
not matte even if they fail for 4 years straight they are still not going to get dropped.
this is cricket pakistan.

rizwan, babar, shadab, iftikhar, shaheen, naseem, are the main guys and everyone has to play around them
if you think anyone of of them are going to get dropped more than a series it's not going happen.
not matte even if they fail for 4 years straight they are still not going to get dropped.
this is cricket pakistan.
After this cup, Babar will get sacked and rizwan will take charge repeating the same story

Umm no, time to put fakhar at the top, Usman in fakhar's place at 4.

You use your best PP player and your best batsmen in the last decade in PP. Its a simple concept that's alien to PCT.

It's already been tried and tested. Fakhar is performing well in the middle order. No need to fix something that isn't broken. Haven't we learnt from breaking up the RizBar partnership

This will be another washout.

The 4th game is 50/50 atm, so let's see on Tuesday for the 4th game.

England's weather is the worst one out there for cricket. We are looking at another whitewash most probably. No point in arranging a series there, Not worth it.

Usman can be slotted at 4 he can handle Adil Rashid in middle overs. Saim looks completely out of depth I think it's time to go back to Rizbab or Fakhar-Rizwan open and Babar at 3 with Usman at 4

Congrats to England on the series win. Yet another limited over series victory for England over PAK.

Saim out Usman IN
Shaheen rest Naseem IN
Shadab out Abrar IN

Problem with this squad is only one back up batter option is available rest all are bowlers .

England's weather is the worst one out there for cricket. We are looking at another whitewash most probably. No point in arranging a series there, Not worth it.
You should be glad rain will save Pak from a 0-4 Ifty saim shadab fatty azam & the women’s team have only come to do paks mitti pleeth in England.

You should be glad rain will save Pak from a 0-4 Ifty saim shadab fatty azam & the women’s team have only come to do paks mitti pleeth in England.
What’s a bigger mitti pleeth?

Failing in order to achieve the right way…

Or scoring 3000 runs off 2400 balls as a T20 opener mainly against B/C string sides and your mates calling you Don Bradman of T20 cricket?

What’s a bigger mitti pleeth?

Failing in order to achieve the right way…

Or scoring 3000 runs off 2400 balls as a T20 opener mainly against B/C string sides and your mates calling you Don Bradman of T20 cricket?
Azha Mahmood the coach has openly said this teams capability is 170 in t20s & 240 in odis.

I rate Azha & Miandad as the 2 best cricketing brains to come out of Pak !!

Azha Mahmood the coach has openly said this teams capability is 170 in t20s & 240 in odis.

I rate Azha & Miandad as the 2 best cricketing brains to come out of Pak !!
This team is heavily influenced by two cricketers. One of the two is being accommodated at all costs. You can’t break the shackles until you do not understand this issue.

Your captain opted to bowl first on a bat first ground…these are the questions you need to ask yourself. Why did he bowl first? What do you think the reason is?

No matter which you pick, the batting is just too weak and I've said this before. By relying on Shadab and Ifti, the batting is too crumbly and this was proven yesterday.

You can't have bits and pieces occupying the middle order and expect to be a good side.

This team is heavily influenced by two cricketers. One of the two is being accommodated at all costs. You can’t break the shackles until you do not understand this issue.

Your captain opted to bowl first on a bat first ground…these are the questions you need to ask yourself. Why did he bowl first? What do you think the reason is?
Because captain knows the 170 they would have mustered up batting 1st would have been gunned down by Eng in 17 overs.. so bowl first HOPE Eng capitulate plus Pak won v ire chasing there’s no such thing as a batting first or bowling first ground.

Because captain knows the 170 they would have mustered up batting 1st would have been gunned down by Eng in 17 overs.. so bowl first HOPE Eng capitulate plus Pak won v ire chasing there’s no such thing as a batting first or bowling first ground.
Correct

But why is this still an issue in this day and age? Why haven’t Pakistan been able to overcome this with 2 batters who have played close to 100 T20s? What’s the reason my friend?

Usman can be slotted at 4 he can handle Adil Rashid in middle overs. Saim looks completely out of depth I think it's time to go back to Rizbab or Fakhar-Rizwan open and Babar at 3 with Usman at 4
It's fair to say that Saim was rightly picked and backed as an opener but sometimes it happens new player don't perform as well in international Cricket. Better to let him go and focus on improvement more rather than trying to fit in the XI somehow. Bringing him down the order. Asking him to slog and making another Haider Ali

Babar Azam: 118 T20is

Mohammad Rizwan: 97 T20is

Both players have played 90% if not more of all T20i fixtures of Pakistan since Misbah destroyed Sarfaraz’s number 1 ranked side. In the year 2024, Pakistan cricket with these two players is still struggling to put a proper score on the board to defend, and hope against hope that their bowlers keep the score to a 170ish total.

If you still can’t see the issue, nothing can help you.

It's already been tried and tested. Fakhar is performing well in the middle order. No need to fix something that isn't broken. Haven't we learnt from breaking up the RizBar partnership
The ba/riz partnership plummeted everything while Pakistan had 29 wins with fakhar at the top.

So no let's your misbah worship and babar sher nonsense end, or next game is another field day for me

2 players in the top 6 who rank 2 and 3 in the ICC rankings,

Yet Pakistan still too scared to bat first. Who’s going to answer this question? Let’s see what you boys have to say:

@daytrader @AAli98 @Usman Chadda @RidiculousMan @PakEngFan @hitthestump
It's because they've realised that if they bat first they'll lose due to lack of high scoring and lack of decent bowlers, the bowlers can't defend low scores, high scores are needed

It's because they've realised that if they bat first they'll lose due to lack of high scoring and lack of decent bowlers, the bowlers can't defend low scores, high scores are needed
We know that

I want to see this boys make sense of it though. They usually argue Pakistan depend on these two boys. I want to see how they respond to this question,

-2 guys who are highly ranked batting wise.
-2 guys who have no threat whatsoever to their position
-2 guys who have all the power of how they want to play T20 cricket on and off the field, they do whatever they want in PSL too.

*2 guys that have played 100 odd T20is yet the team is still scared to bat first. Why?

We know that

I want to see this boys make sense of it though. They usually argue Pakistan depend on these two boys. I want to see how they respond to this question,

-2 guys who are highly ranked batting wise.
-2 guys who have no threat whatsoever to their position
-2 guys who have all the power of how they want to play T20 cricket on and off the field, they do whatever they want in PSL too.

*2 guys that have played 100 odd T20is yet the team is still scared to bat first. Why?
They are some people who have disagreed with me that are genuine but most of them are Indian posters like Nikhail with many of them also proving me wrong.

The only people who you'll meet that disagree with you and dont share your viewpoint but you can tell they are 100% genuine and not biased towards any of their favourotes like misbah are people who aren't Pakistani fans but have enough knowledge on Pakistan to discuss topics.

It's why you'll see Australian fans like me or Indian posters just being more knowledgeable in general. Mamoon was also in this vein before babar became zalmi captain and the bias and allegiance changed.

Naseem Shah will struggle, i dont think he is in right form to play this world cup, and as lets drop saim in next match and let usman khan open the innings and let abrar ahmed in place of shadab khan

Pakistan need to throw out Azam K immediately, even Shaheen A can hit a 6 so tht does not make him a proper batsman. Azam K is another hack like Asif Ali, cannot play sensible cricket.
Shadab K has also been a big let down for the years of investment. Time to also cut down on Saim experiment too. Babar needs to think of his team and not favour individuals. If Shad continues to play then it will go same way as it did when Nawaz became u drop able for Babar and we all know how that ended.

I would drop Shadab for Agha Ali Salman.

Drop & discard Haris Rauf for Abbas Afridi.

1. Usman
2. Rizwan
3. Babar
4. Fakhar
5. Imad
6. Iftikhar
7. Shadab
8. Shaheen
9. Amir
10. Naseem
11. Rauf

One batsman short and Shadab should be dropped but there are not enough batsmen in the squad. Sick of seeing Azam as keeper so just let him go. I’d try putting him in the field, but it seems consensus that it’s impossible for Azam to field there and if that’s true I think he should just be dropped entirely.

1. Usman
2. Rizwan
3. Babar
4. Fakhar
5. Imad
6. Iftikhar
7. Shadab
8. Shaheen
9. Amir
10. Naseem
11. Rauf

One batsman short and Shadab should be dropped but there are not enough batsmen in the squad. Sick of seeing Azam as keeper so just let him go. I’d try putting him in the field, but it seems consensus that it’s impossible for Azam to field there and if that’s true I think he should just be dropped entirely.
Azam as a fielder would be comedy? He's already hilarious as a keeper.

To be a keeper you need to dive, make jumps to prevent overhead boundaries, and be extremly quick on stumping with spin.

Azam is nothing more then a wall, he's a guy who stands still with gloves and catches it if thr batter let's it go. If the batter edges it, the ball will just go to the boundary? Because he can't dive?

1. Usman
2. Rizwan
3. Babar
4. Fakhar
5. Imad
6. Iftikhar
7. Shadab
8. Shaheen
9. Amir
10. Naseem
11. Rauf

Good team just replace Rauf with Abrar, Shadab has to be on his last ever chance and only retains place as he is an all rounder, but should only bowl 2 overs max. Iftikhar could compete his quota.

Azam as a fielder would be comedy? He's already hilarious as a keeper.

To be a keeper you need to dive, make jumps to prevent overhead boundaries, and be extremly quick on stumping with spin.

Azam is nothing more then a wall, he's a guy who stands still with gloves and catches it if thr batter let's it go. If the batter edges it, the ball will just go to the boundary? Because he can't dive?
Then just drop him. I hate having a bad wicketkeeper, it’s just letting the bowling attack down. I thought we were over that since kamran left but this guy is worse than kamran. I hate to think he’ll drop a catch as wicketkeeper that will lose the game. At least at boundary it will mostly just be runs. We’ve had some truly horrible fielders in the past, where we just had to accept them on the field. Mohammed Irfan was not great.

Then just drop him. I hate having a bad wicketkeeper, it’s just letting the bowling attack down. I thought we were over that since kamran left but this guy is worse than kamran. I hate to think he’ll drop a catch as wicketkeeper that will lose the game. At least at boundary it will mostly just be runs. We’ve had some truly horrible fielders in the past, where we just had to accept them on the field. Mohammed Irfan was not great.
Azam is only useful if you want him as a batter against minnows. Since he's good at striking at 150-300 against Minnows.

But the thing is who do you play him against? USA and Canada aren't as weak as people think, they have experience in their own leagues, USA is filled with b string superstars with ali Khan being pretty good for b string standards.

So you can only play azam Khan against Ireland as their the only team that has 110KPH trundlers with only one bowler mark adair? Who azam was clueless against?

What's the point of a player who can only bash trundlers when you simply won't get that in international level? For those saying he's quality against spin, HAHAHAHAH, watch the Afghanistan series and see what happened.

Probs the worst keeper to ever play for Pakistan in its entire history. Amd yes I am not exaggerating. I am dead serious when I say the words

AZAM KHAN IS THE WORST KEEPER TO EVER REPRESENT PAKISTAN CRICKET IN ITS HISTORY.

1. Usman
2. Rizwan
3. Babar
4. Fakhar
5. Imad
6. Iftikhar
7. Shadab
8. Shaheen
9. Amir
10. Naseem
11. Rauf

u have to create an early impact and for that u need to bring back fakhar as an opener, Usman and Rizwan are more like a same type of batsmen who will just ruine the powerplay so why not make use of the pp better and get as many runs early on to ease of pressure from the middle order.

Pak players mindset: Next stop Cardiff let the family shop hope for rain so we don’t need to put our pants on match day.

We should get a game in, fingers crossed that the forecast doesnt worsen.

oSB55CJ.png

u have to create an early impact and for that u need to bring back fakhar as an opener, Usman and Rizwan are more like a same type of batsmen who will just ruine the powerplay so why not make use of the pp better and get as many runs early on to ease of pressure from the middle order.
Usman and rizwan are not identical at all? Both of them have different intent but are limiting bats.

Usman khan has extremely poor technique and poor footwork but his intent is to attack. The guy misses shots, and just can't hit but he does try.

Rizwan is a pure legside hack, just tries to legsode everything but will deliberately ignore any onside deliveries, If push comes to shove he'll try to take 3 steps forward and slog sweep but otherwise he's useless

Usman and rizwan are not identical at all? Both of them have different intent but are limiting bats.

Usman khan has extremely poor technique and poor footwork but his intent is to attack. The guy misses shots, and just can't hit but he does try.

Rizwan is a pure legside hack, just tries to legsode everything but will deliberately ignore any onside deliveries, If push comes to shove he'll try to take 3 steps forward and slog sweep but otherwise he's useless
Usman has really good hand-eye coordination but as you say, poor technique. Good hand-eye is not enough to get you good proformances against the top-teams, but I reckon he would do well against the minnows on the slower WI pitches.

The thing is, he is already 29 and i fear that he may not be able to really adjust his technique quickly enough. By the time he develops good tecnhique it would be retirement time.

Saim Ayub though, has shown flashes of brilliance. And while his international career has been meh so far, he is only 22 and has a lot more time to develop. I hope the PCB continues to persist with him.

Usman has really good hand-eye coordination but as you say, poor technique. Good hand-eye is not enough to get you good proformances against the top-teams, but I reckon he would do well against the minnows on the slower WI pitches.

The thing is, he is already 29 and i fear that he may not be able to really adjust his technique quickly enough. By the time he develops good tecnhique it would be retirement time.

Saim Ayub though, has shown flashes of brilliance. And while his international career has been meh so far, he is only 22 and has a lot more time to develop. I hope the PCB continues to persist with him.
Saim ayub doesn't have a technique problem. His issue is shot selection and power.

He doesn't try to take singles, take doubles and play classic cover drivers which he has played before.

He's trying to loft literally everything when he clearly doesn't have the power to clear.

Literally every single game he's played he's either lofted it or edged it into the air.

Ontop of which you can't control your placement on lofted strokes every time, how can you control where the ball will go with a legside loft? It can only go one way lol.

This man needs to take a look at how butler structures things. Butler doesn't do anything crazy, plays proper grounded drives to clear the in ring field. Will only play lofted strokes if its their to be hit amd fielders aren't present.

Trying to loft everything like shahid afridi will yield afridi level results with the bat.

Saim ayub doesn't have a technique problem. His issue is shot selection and power.

He doesn't try to take singles, take doubles and play classic cover drivers which he has played before.

He's trying to loft literally everything when he clearly doesn't have the power to clear.

Literally every single game he's played he's either lofted it or edged it into the air.

Ontop of which you can't control your placement on lofted strokes every time, how can you control where the ball will go with a legside loft? It can only go one way lol.

This man needs to take a look at how butler structures things. Butler doesn't do anything crazy, plays proper grounded drives to clear the in ring field. Will only play lofted strokes if its their to be hit amd fielders aren't present.

Trying to loft everything like shahid afridi will yield afridi level results with the bat.
Yes I totally agree with you. And it should not be a difficult problem to solve because he has the basics right. He just needs to probably work more on the strategy side & mental side of his game

Usman, on the other hand, has a lot that he needs to fix.

Yes I totally agree with you. And it should not be a difficult problem to solve because he has the basics right. He just needs to probably work more on the strategy side & mental side of his game

Usman, on the other hand, has a lot that he needs to fix.
None of pur keepers are perfect.

1) Rizwan is purely legside who'llget exposed by proper bowlers wholl just bowl waist high deloveries away from him, but atleast he's a solid keeper.

2) Usman Khan is a dancer ontop of which he's a terrible keeper

3) Azam Khan has nothing, just a baseball holder who swings it to trundlers, he has one stroke where he gets on one knee and sweeps it but good luck playing that against Archer, and his keeping. HAHAHAHAHA.

4) Muhammad Haris has amazing intent and against pace he's good. But he's terrible against spin, his footwork isn't too good, he stands way too still but he's better then usman and azam, his stats aren't reflective of his caliber and as a keeper he's decent.

The surprising thing is Sarfraz was the most technical keeper we had, he was a pure natural at taking singles and doubles, technically sound and had everything. But what's weird is that his reactions declined from 2017 onwards.

Even now dude has all the technique and power but his reactions are finished, he's slower then chacha.

I stand by what I said, 2014-2017 sarfi is the greatest pakistani wicket keeper bat to play for Pakistan and in 2015 his keeping was better then rizwan.

Idk what happened but my guess is age and fitness caught up to him ig.

None of pur keepers are perfect.

1) Rizwan is purely legside who'llget exposed by proper bowlers wholl just bowl waist high deloveries away from him, but atleast he's a solid keeper.

2) Usman Khan is a dancer ontop of which he's a terrible keeper

3) Azam Khan has nothing, just a baseball holder who swings it to trundlers, he has one stroke where he gets on one knee and sweeps it but good luck playing that against Archer, and his keeping. HAHAHAHAHA.

4) Muhammad Haris has amazing intent and against pace he's good. But he's terrible against spin, his footwork isn't too good, he stands way too still but he's better then usman and azam, his stats aren't reflective of his caliber and as a keeper he's decent.

The surprising thing is Sarfraz was the most technical keeper we had, he was a pure natural at taking singles and doubles, technically sound and had everything. But what's weird is that his reactions declined from 2017 onwards.

Even now dude has all the technique and power but his reactions are finished, he's slower then chacha.

I stand by what I said, 2014-2017 sarfi is the greatest pakistani wicket keeper bat to play for Pakistan and in 2015 his keeping was better then rizwan.

Idk what happened but my guess is age and fitness caught up to him ig.

I agree with most of your points. I just think that Haris is a terrible keeper, though. He has never looked comfortable behind the stumps, imo. In the PSL, he dropped a few easy chances, even in domestic he dropped quite a few last season. He is better in the outfield.

I mean at 37, Sarfaraz is expected to be in decline. I rate his keeping and Rizwans keeping as equally good. But one thing is for sure, Sarfaraz was a selfless batter. Rizu on the other hand...

AccuWeather reports a 66 percent chance of rain in the afternoon and a 50 percent chance during the match, which is scheduled to commence at 6:30 pm local time.

I agree with most of your points. I just think that Haris is a terrible keeper, though. He has never looked comfortable behind the stumps, imo. In the PSL, he dropped a few easy chances, even in domestic he dropped quite a few last season. He is better in the outfield.

I mean at 37, Sarfaraz is expected to be in decline. I rate his keeping and Rizwans keeping as equally good. But one thing is for sure, Sarfaraz was a selfless batter. Rizu on the other hand...
Their not equal, cricket is more then just stats. For people quoting stats on Bobby and rizzu, Ask them a simple question, do you seriously think Uganada captain is the 2nd best t20 captain of all time? Surpassing Dhoni, Clark etc?

Sarfraz played much tougher oppositions, playing against SA, NZ, England (Archer, Plucknett, Rasheed, moeen ali, Willey etc) and scoring a 100 in English home conditions at no 5 from a collapsed Position.

Sarfi wasn't as consistent because he didn't duck. Any idiot can score 50 of 80 and play risk free in odi and stat inflate themselves.

Sarfraz being able to score 100's from lower down the order and have match winning sa + Ireland contributions already surpasses rizzu in every capacity who needs No 4 in odi and no 1 in t20 to function as he fails anywhere that's not in the top order.

I've seen the both of them, Sarfi is a technical masterclass although he isn't a natural lofted stroke maker and not a natural six hitter.

Rizzu is legside hack who benefits from stat inflation due to facing 2nd string sides on pindi pitches because of IPL and 1st string sides not wanting to come to Pakistan. The Sri lanka game happened in the same vein as Australia in 2019, all 3 100's achieved against weak attacks whereas sarfi achieved 2 100's against strong attacks, only 1 of his hundred was achieved against Ireland.

Have 2014 sarfi who was bullying A string Australia and NZ face those attacks on pindi pitches and see the avg inflated to 50.

I don’t understand this,

" what exactly did he do in between the two games " ? His father-in-law spoke to Babar.

Bro can I ask, how do you know so much about pitches?

You're always so spot on.

I only make guesstimates , brother. Based on historical scores/scoring rates on the grounds.

When it comes to actual reading of pitches , I certainly am not the best at reading them.

it will be miracle if pakistan actually manages to get through second round in wc team is so out of shape

He should stop playing that shot behind square. He has been caught there numerous times. It's clearly not his best shot (otherwise he would've cleared it). Such a high risk shot and in powerplay he still goes for it even though the fielder is placed.

He should stop playing that shot behind square. He has been caught there numerous times. It's clearly not his best shot (otherwise he would've cleared it). Such a high risk shot and in powerplay he still goes for it even though the fielder is placed.
It's not just that shot. Notice his past 10 games.

Every single shot is a loft. In one game the ball was bowled overpitched on his leg, all he had to do was nudge it for a 4 behind the keeper.

Why did he swing his arms and sky it 50 feet in the air only to get caught by the fielder in the inner ring.

Seriously why is be trying to loft everything 24/7? Even jake fraser who's the best youbgster lofted player In the world atm, him and abhishek, even they play cover drives and grounded shots.

Why is saim trying to be a shahid afridi and hit everything for a 6?

There is a high chance of rain on tomorrow in Cardiff which could affect the match. According to The Weather Channel, there is a 92 percent chance of downpour on Tuesday.

" what exactly did he do in between the two games " ? His father-in-law spoke to Babar.
They probably had a big daawat where all the class of 2022 Qudrat boys were invited and Ramiz joined via video link. In that it was decided that we are just going to throw caution to the wind and back Shadab as our match winner spinner

chance of rain between match hours have gone up by 20% on both BBC and met office website.

i have 1 ticket but no one to go with any from here going or want to buy a ticket

Haris Rauf in a presser today shared following thoughts:

“I was injured the last few months but if you believe in yourself, then the layoff can be a blessing in disguise,”

“Because you have time to recover and reassess your game-plans. I felt good coming back to cricket. When you play for your country, it makes you very proud.”

“It’s hard. It’s a struggle during your rehab, and it’s difficult when you come back to maintain that pace and accuracy. But if you believe in yourself, it makes things easier. When I wasn’t in the team and rehabbing, I had a lot of time to think about my game and work on myself."

“Thankfully I’m back now, and the World Cup is coming up.”

"In the dressing room, we maintain a relaxed atmosphere. As a team, we try to execute the plans set by management. While sometimes the plan does not work out, but a consistent collaborating effectively leads to achieving the desired results."

"It is sad to lose the game but as a team our confidence is high, and we know that at any point of the game, we can win the game, and we have done it in the past as well. All we try to do is to learn from our mistakes and not repeat them. As a team you know what causes you to lose the game so you work on those points. We will try to win the next two games."

"Even the best players have off days. However, Saim Ayub and Azam Khan have a proven track record of winning games for their team. We should maintain faith in their abilities. After all, sometimes a single good innings is all it takes to regain the form."

"When you lose the game, you lose it as a team.. But the good thing is, we know what we need to work on as a team. We just need to believe in each other , all of us! Because when we put in the effort and have faith, you become successful."

“We feel we can beat any opposition on any day. We’ve done it in the past, too. When you make mistakes you learn and try not to repeat those mistakes. We’re looking to play better in the next few games and make a comeback."

“The camp is relaxed. We’re enjoying ourselves. We’re trying to follow our game-plans and execute them well. The results haven’t often been in our favour recently but if you stick to your plans they can sometimes follow.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back