England v Pakistan | Third Test | Day 3 : Session 1 | The Oval | 20/08/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsan88

First Class Player
Runs
Need to restrict England to a chaseable target.

Wahab & Ajmal need to support the two A's.

50 mins to go.

Last edited:
True, pak need to get straight down to business and inshallah they'll succeed.

Inshallah allah keh houkam se allah keh fazlo karam se aur hamaré pyare nabi S.A.W ki help se pakistan is gonna win this test match. Anything beyond 170 will be diffult to chase.

10.20am Morning folks, ready for another day of proper Test cricket? It should be a cracker; Pakistan are on top, but do they have the belief to push home the advantage or will England's top order find some form? I'm Andrew McGlashan and along with Sahil Dutta and Liam Brickhill will bring you all the action.

First thing to say is that it's a cloudy morning which will suit the Pakistan bowlers just fine. Alastair Cook is under huge pressure and the nightwatchman, James Anderson, is with him so a chance for some early inroads to be made.
Cricinfo

Need to restrict England to a chaseable target.

Wahab & Ajmal need to support the two A's.
50 mins to go.

the pakistan cricket page on facebook says exactly the same thing r u on facebook by anychance lol

Cloud cover as per cricinfo. Therefore, good chance to strike some early blows.

The only thing we do not need is a 100 partnership somewhere from their lower order.

From Cricinfo

Meanwhile, there are reports emerging from Pakistan that Younis Khan could be in line for a recall after the player and board patched up their differences. It's all very sketchy at the moment, but one to keep an eye on.

England have two walking wickets at the moment in Cook and Anderson so Pakistan must strike very early to rattle both Trott and KP. They will then need to rely on Asif to take KP (it's been some time!). That would build immense pressure before the ball gets old and dead.

I reckon a max chase of 150-200 will be doable.

Morning/Salaams

Conditions look good for bowling, let's see some wickets.

Rameez just said batting was "CRAP! " . Gower "Interesting choice of words" :)))

3 minutes until scheduled play. Inshallah a good day waiting ahead for us.

maine to manat bhi mangi hai lol...$3 lol.

you know amir sohail is really something, why is it so hard for him to hand someone their due credit? Why's he so hell bent on bringing down Yousuf and his 56 runs. According to him Yousuf is clever and chose to play at the oval so that he would be able to make runs cuz of the pitch. irritating.

and the game begins!

Cook gets the single which brings Anderson on strike.

no optimism whatsoever about the form of Cook, Pietersen and our batting in general. it would be a very pleasant surprise to win this game, but I think we might be a bit screwed already.

Don't know why Butt is standing at the first slip position.

Pakistan need to make best use of new ball and the fact we have cloud cover as bowling will be harder when ball is softer and sun comes out!

I would like to see them attack Anderson's stump. The last thing one would want is for the night watchman to stay in and the ball getting old

Pakistan need 4/5 wickets in this mornings session!

I would like to see them attack Anderson's stump. The last thing one would want is for the night watchman to stay in and the ball getting old

Unless wickets tumble at the other end. Cook looking to get forward, a bouncer should make him think twice.

Inshallah allah keh houkam se allah keh fazlo karam se aur hamaré pyare nabi S.A.W ki help se pakistan is gonna win this test match. Anything beyond 170 will be diffult to chase.

Asalaam alikum wr wb.

Well said mujahid bhai, May ALLAH grant Pakistani nation with gift of memorable victory at oval today,Ameen . Lets hope our duas are accepted and England is bowled out for about 100 odd score , then pakistan chase down the small target and win by 10 wkts, Ameen...INSHALLAH

is Cook going to book a free business class seat to Australia, or will he be paying to watch it at home on Sky?

is Cook going to book a free business class seat to Australia, or will he be paying to watch it at home on Sky?

England batsmen are notorious for playing last chance saloon innings, will be tough for him today though.

a 300 lead in the 4th innings should be safe. but to get 370 in this innings, we need to see a decent hundred from one of our batsmen. still every chance we get shot out and lose by 7 wickets.

a 300 lead in the 4th innings should be safe. but to get 370 in this innings, we need to see a decent hundred from one of our batsmen. still every chance we get shot out and lose by 7 wickets.

No pitch is so good to bat on I dont see your batters getting shot out until they play terrible cricket

Today will go along way to dictating who will win this match!

Cook like an animal on the run.... :D Cmon Cook - I command you to YIELD!

My boy Amir getting hit for boundaires every over. What's might be the reason? Could it be the long hair?

Plug the third man for Anderson

This insistence to not to protect that boundary and leak runs is just incredible.

ALL captains do that? Is there some unwritten ICC regulation about using grey cells in your brain?

100 runs partnership on the horizon with Cook making 50odd and Anderson 44.

it's our fault for giving so many wickets away yesterday. england didn't bowl us out

This insistence to not to protect that boundary and leak runs is just incredible.

ALL captains do that? Is there some unwritten ICC regulation about using grey cells in your brain?

It's a tough one, third man is not a wicket taking position and if it doesn't go down there for 10 overs, you look very silly as a captain.

They are going to cash in on runs, after a couple overs.

No swing yet.

We cant let Anderson stick around to long here! or Cook!

Will this be the day we will help yet another out of form batsman find his form? :13:

Right, time for some good old-fashioned English crease occupation. Time to pull a John Edrich job, Chef......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back