England v West Indies | 2nd Test | Durham | 14-18 May09

Collingwood keeping wicket, Prior off for an x ray after being hit on the finger.

England still have plenty of time to win this match. West indies need sixty more runs to avoid the follow on

So will England enforce follow on?

Anderson/Broad both bowled well.

Amjid Javed said:
So will England enforce follow on?

Anderson/Broad both bowled well.

Knowing Strauss, he will bat for 2 sessions, then hope to bowl WI out in 2 seesions - on a rain affected final day

Ok, it's confirmed. England have enforced the follow-on. West Indies need to bat out the better of four sessions to save this game. They're already 259 behind.

Courtesy: Cricinfo

Finally Strauss goes for the better option as his bowlers have been bowling well only worry is Prior who's injured his finger and has been rushed for an x-ray so Colly will be keeping wicket!

Collingwood looks more assured behind the stumps than Prior ever did!

Huge appeal by Jimmy & Collingwood for 'caugh behind' - NOT OUT!

Snick confirms that Gayle gloved it.

24-0

Windies 65-1 Smith is the man who is gone

Still trail by 198 runs

I think it's complete lack of regard.

Gayle is just like a tail-ender there who just wants to play his shots and and take the attack to the bowlers, even though we are pretty much at the end of day 4.

If he bats sensibly, with possible rain tomorrow it could be a draw.

I just flicked over to watch some football.

2 mins later:

89-3

Onions 2 wkts in 3 balls!

Gayle is OUT!

in my opinion the problems in west indies batting goes FAR beyond gayle. he is in fact a very solid opener in all forms of the game.

its

smith
simmons
nash
ramdin

who are all not even close to proper test batsman, let alone consistent odi threats. when 4 of your 7 'batsman' on your team are this poor, you will never win a test match in these conditions.

west indies , as it is said, over, and over...and over...and over, again, rely on sarwan, chanderpaul, and gayle. in this form, in every form..of the game.

dump the 4 other useless batsman and with respect to ramdin, PLEASE find a better wicket keeper batsman!!!! there is absoultely no batting in this team and no depth [ex to #9] or something of all rounders to make up for the poor 'batsman'.

terrible outfit.

Final day and we have some rain. I guess realistically only rain and Chanderpaul can save W.I here.

Amjid Javed said:
Final day and we have some rain. I guess realistically only rain and Chanderpaul can save W.I here.

Chanderpaul could bat for another week - the rubbish at the other end has no intention of hanging about!

2 quick wickets for Eng this morning.

Anderson gets the 1st - and Bresnan gets his 1st test wicket!

Windies 142-5 (trail by 117 runs)

Jimmy gets another one. Good over - sets up Taylor and then BANG!! Smashes his stumps!

163-7 - trailing by 96 runs

Fat lady clearing her throat! Chanderpaul set to be left stranded here

Bresnan has his 1st two test wickets which will boost his confidence.

Overall the England attack has bowled well as a unit.

WIndies lose another one before lunch

WI: 168-8 (trail by 92 runs)

Lunch

W.I nine down!

Nine wickets in match for anderson as chanderpaul goes!

Chanderpaul 47 out ct collingwood bowled Anderson. He has 4 now

WI 176-9 - trail by 83 runs
2 more balls to survive in the over and then Anderson gets a chance for a 5fer

I guess will just see a few wild swings here from W.I last pair!

Game over! 3rd wicket for bresnan!

England win by Inns and 83 runs.

England win series 2-0.

Postives from series - Boparas batting / Also england have some good bowlers in broad/Anderson/Onions and swann/

Next up will be ODI series!

Appalling shot from Simmons started the slide today, Anderson was almost unplayable at times.

Back