England vs Australia | 5th ODI | Southampton | 16/09/2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakss

Test Debutant
Runs
With the series tied at 1-1 and 2 matches washed out we have a decider on our hands.

The weather looks good so far lets see if it holds up.

The possible teams:

England: 1 Michael Carberry, 2 Kevin Pietersen, 3 Jonathan Trott, 4 Eoin Morgan (capt), 5 Joe Root, 6 Ravi Bopara, 7 Jos Buttler (wk), 8 Ben Stokes, 9 James Tredwell, 10 Steven Finn, 11 Boyd Rankin

Australia: 1 Aaron Finch, 2 Phillip Hughes, 3 Shane Watson, 4 Michael Clarke (capt), 5 George Bailey, 6 Adam Voges, 7 Matthew Wade (wk), 8 James Faulkner, 9 Mitchell Johnson, 10 Nathan Coulter-Nile/Fawad Ahmed, 11 Clint McKay

Aussies really should win this won. England have picked a REALLY weakened team.

So this is the same pitch where Guptill scored 189 and NZ got a total of 359 :13:

Last edited:
This English team could qualify into the IPL comp. They have 4 overseas players.. :yk

After SA, Ire, Ind now scouting has begun in WI. :))

This English team could qualify into the IPL comp. They have 4 overseas players.. :yk

After SA, Ire, Ind now scouting has begun in WI. :))
India doesn't count as Ravi was born and brought up in England.

Lol. KP, Trott, Morgan, Buttler, Bopara, Root. You call this lineup weak? :)))
No front line bowlers + Cook n Bell. If 6 out 11 players from the first team are missing then it is not wrong to label it as weakened team.

No front line bowlers + Cook n Bell. If 6 out 11 players from the first team are missing then it is not wrong to label it as weakened team.

Cook is a good ODI player but he is no gun. Bell is much like Cook if a little better. Bowlers in ODI are a necessary inconvenience. :kapil

Lol. KP, Trott, Morgan, Buttler, Bopara, Root. You call this lineup weak? :)))

Trott isn't playing.. And I think he means our bowling line up. Although we have lots of batting in this team it is going to be very difficult as we are most likely going to be chasing a massive total due to our weak bowling line up.

Trott isn't playing.. And I think he means our bowling line up. Although we have lots of batting in this team it is going to be very difficult as we are most likely going to be chasing a massive total due to our weak bowling line up.

Oh my bad. I thought Trotty was there. But Stokes, Carberry and Biffa Wright can chip in too. Bowling is weak though. Still if KP gets going along with Morgan, anything is possible.

Oh my bad. I thought Trotty was there. But Stokes, Carberry and Biffa Wright can chip in too. Bowling is weak though. Still if KP gets going along with Morgan, anything is possible.

The previous game was a fluke. The game that Australia won emphatically is a true reflection of what happens when you don't have enough bowlers on a good batting pitch. Yes we have KP, Morgan etc. but they will be batting against 5 genuine bowlers with international experience. They won't get as many freebie runs as the Aussies are getting.

What a positive captain clarke is ! Even with 3 down for 40 odd, clarke has stayed positive and played his shots ! Misbah should take a lesson from this man

Why hasn't Luke Wright bowled yet? He isn't a good enough batsman to be in the team purely for his batting.. And he certainly adds more to the bowling line up than Ravi and Root do...

Clint McKay joins Faulkner, still five overs for Australia to try and bat out. Jordan comes back into the attack...

Stokes finishes his allocation with 5 for 61. The last England bowler to get five-for in an ODI against Australia was Chris Woakes. On the plus side, Stokes' economy, though a little high, is well below Jade Dernbach levels.

The Carberry - KP opening partnership isn't working at all. Drop him, move KP back to the middle order and bring back Cook and Bell as openers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back