England Vs New Zealand | 1st Test | Lords | May 16-20, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
First Test of the summer in England and a test for NZ!

England toughest test this summer, they will be hoping for some good overhead conditions for bowling as otherwise they tend to struggle when bowling. Lords wicket in general is pretty good for batting, hope kiwis can cause another upset here..

This will be a fighting test, this Kiwi side is a lot stronger and under Brendon i have a feeling they will win a Test or at least draw the series. Williamson is pure class, hope he scores a double ton. Alaistar Cook and Kevin will be the danger man. I like both teams so looking forward to this exciting contest.

England will win if there is something in the pitch for fast bowlers, if its a flat deck Kiwis can expect to draw.

Ah, some real cricket for once. Looks like Bresnan is going to play ahead of Finn. I'd rather it was Reece Topley but nvm! NZ will be thrashed, they managed to fluke a draw against us last winter due to preparing dead pitches, but they won't get lucky this time.

LOL no. England have better batting, bowling and fielding.

well your wrong, fielding pretty mutch similar, batting without kp england look inexpeienced in middleorder, bowling bar a rusty swann the seamers r similar in both teams, i dont c a steyn or phillander in niether team

well your wrong, fielding pretty mutch similar, batting without kp england look inexpeienced in middleorder, bowling bar a rusty swann the seamers r similar in both teams, i dont c a steyn or phillander in niether team

Trott, Bell, Prior in our middle order, plenty of experience. Anderson is the second best fast bowler in the world, Broad has been knocking over plenty of batsmen in domestic cricket & Bresnan is back to his pre-injury destroyer days.

England are in another league to this Kiwi team.

Trott, Bell, Prior in our middle order, plenty of experience. Anderson is the second best fast bowler in the world, Broad has been knocking over plenty of batsmen in domestic cricket & Bresnan is back to his pre-injury destroyer days.

He is by no means fast, he's as fast as Vinay Kumar. Steven Finn is the fastest English bowler.

Anyway, England won the toss and decided to bat first.

Kiwis needs to get Sir Alaistar Cook early, I just hope Cook plays well and rest fails.

steyn followed by phillander, anderson who averages 30 for his 298 victims second best? as for broad a very inconsistent cricketer hence his ordinary stats

England toughest test this summer, they will be hoping for some good overhead conditions for bowling as otherwise they tend to struggle when bowling.

I don't know why so many people still believe this obsolete cliché. Tell it to the Aussies who were repeated bowled out by Jimmy, Bresnan and Tremlett reversing it under their clear blue skies....

Anyway it is sunny in London but the overcast will return for the next three days so this is a good toss to win.

Cricinfo should have highlighted the England vs New Zealand match ahead of all the IPL news. Pathetic

He is by no means fast, he's as fast as Vinay Kumar. Steven Finn is the fastest English bowler.

Anderson can crank it up to 90mph if he wants, he's the fittest bowler in the world. He just chooses to sacrifice some speed for accuracy & swing.

steyn followed by phillander, anderson who averages 30 for his 298 victims second best? as for broad a very inconsistent cricketer hence his ordinary stats

Philander is overrated, he averaged 50 in Australia when the wickets didn't suit him. Anderson has pwned Australia & India in their backyards, Philander will never do that in his life!

Anderson owned Oz in his 2nd or 3rd tour. Phily has had one tour so far. Besides, Phily owned you guys in your own turf. Or were your team's batteries connected wrong? :yk

Anderson can crank it up to 90mph if he wants, he's the fittest bowler in the world. He just chooses to sacrifice some speed for accuracy & swing.

Philander is overrated, he averaged 50 in Australia when the wickets didn't suit him. Anderson has pwned Australia & India in their backyards, Philander will never do that in his life!

Haven't seen him bowling at 90 mph, but i do agree he is one of the fittest bowler and not to mention one the best swing bowlers at present if pitch assists him. He shouldn't have sacrificed his speed, as Steyn mentioned in his interview he likes bowling fast and wouldn't sacrifice his pace for a lengthier career. He wants to end his career as a brutal fast bowler not a swing bowler. The average of both speaks for itself.

I like Anderson as he made :sachin his bunny, not that easy but shouldn't have sacrificed his pace. His mentality is like Irfan Pathan. I enjoy watching Fiinn, that guy is fast.

Last edited:

Fielding we're much better than you and Anderson is number 3 and that's only because of the lack of quality fast bowlers going around these days.

Fielding we're much better than you and Anderson is number 3 and that's only because of the lack of quality fast bowlers going around these days.

Nah, we're about the same, our lads slightly better perhaps. Anderson is #2.

So will England manage to sneak a draw out of this series again? Or will NZ land the killer blow which they couldn't quite do at home?

Nah, we're about the same, our lads slightly better perhaps. Anderson is #2.
We've consistently been the best fielding side for the last 3-4 years. We're well ahead of second place whoever that is probably Australia. You guys have your day but you're average.

England 43/0 - Pretty slow but solid start. Kiwis havent found much life in this wicket so far...

Break through!!!
What on earth was Compton thinking?..

Poor shot by Compton, still not sure whether he should be in the team especially as we have Root who opens for his county and Bell who opens in ODI's. New Zealand could be a team to watch for the future; good batsmen, good fielding side and good (medium)fast bowlers all led by a very attacking captain.

Should be a good series, bit disappointing that it is only a pathetic 2 match series...

Not really understood englands ultra go slow here so far... hopefully they will be more positive after lunch.

If we get Trott and Cook before/after lunch, I think the rest will fold pretty quickly with one or both of Prior or Root being the only exception/s.

The clue is in the two batsmen at the crease...

I am aware of the two plodders who open for england...

Apart from KP and Prior other players in england team seem to bat like snails. There are no demons in this pitch so even plodders should have be looking to play a few more shots.

These trundlers ripped you a new one a few months ago :))

Ripped us a new one? It was 0-0.

Like I say, the Kiwis were terrified of our attack, and prepared completely dead pitches to neutralise us. It was so cowardly, I assumed NZ were India for a few minutes.

I am aware of the two plodders who open for england...

Apart from KP and Prior other players in england team seem to bat like snails. There are no demons in this pitch so even plodders should have be looking to play a few more shots.

This is test cricket, get back to the IPL

Like I say, the Kiwis were terrified of our attack, and prepared completely dead pitches to neutralise us. It was so cowardly, I assumed NZ were India for a few minutes.
Talking big for a team that got put in their place by SA at home. Those pitches weren't deliberately flat, if you actually listened to the experts you would have known it was the driest summer in NZ in 20 years, which resulted in pitches being flat. Seeing how poorly you batted on flat wickets, I wonder how you would have batted if there had been some more rain. Also Fulton, Rutherford and Mccullum thrashed your 'fearsome' bowlers around the park, or did you forget that? Anderson, Finn and Broad - that doesn't scare anyone.

Last edited:

:)))
Finally the man is back. Hold on while I go dry heave :asif

So how were England bowled out for 204 on a "completely dead" pitch.

Yawn, most boring session of the year. No wonder both teams seriously lack charisma. Bunch of dull players.

Talking big for a team that got put in their place by SA at home. Those pitches weren't deliberately flat, if you actually listened to the experts you would have known it was the driest summer in NZ in 20 years, which resulted in pitches being flat. Seeing how poorly you batted on flat wickets, I wonder how you would have batted if there had been some more rain. Also Fulton, Rutherford and Mccullum thrashed your 'fearsome' bowlers around the park, or did you forget that? Anderson, Finn and Broad - that doesn't scare anyone.

Our bowlers have thrashed both India & Australia in their backyards. Give me a shout when your guys manage that, and perhaps I'll take you bit more seriously. As for SA, our team was in disarray over the KP issue. If we played them today we'd beat them.

Yawn, most boring session of the year. No wonder both teams seriously lack charisma. Bunch of dull players.

Haha, you support Pakistan, containing exciting players such as Misbah & Azhar Ali :))) :)))

You guys could only dream of possessing batsmen like Cook & Trott.

England are unquestionnably the most boring team on Earth. I took a break from studies(exams period) and watched some overs. Now I am feeling very sleepy and its not 7 PM in BD

Our bowlers have thrashed both India & Australia in their backyards. Give me a shout when your guys manage that, and perhaps I'll take you bit more seriously. As for SA, our team was in disarray over the KP issue. If we played them today we'd beat them. .
Ah I get it now.... You're just a troll..

Haha, you support Pakistan, containing exciting players such as Misbah & Azhar Ali :))) :)))

You guys could only dream of possessing batsmen like Cook & Trott.

Azhar is boring but Misbah is a lot more interesting to watch than Compton and Trott. The way he batted in SA in the ODI series, your dull players cannot.
And look how scared your great batsman are against a mediocre team like NZ :)) we would beat this NZ team in any format in any conditions and that too by playing much positively.

Not really understood englands ultra go slow here so far... hopefully they will be more positive after lunch.

Perhaps NZ are bowling well. Have you given that a thought?

Anyway the clouds have marched over so this could be a plod all day.

Azhar is boring but Misbah is a lot more interesting to watch than Compton and Trott. The way he batted in SA in the ODI series, your dull players cannot.

We're talking about test cricket here, and in test cricket, Misbah is the dullest, slowest batsman in world cricket.

And look how scared your great batsman are against a mediocre team like NZ :)) we would beat this NZ team in any format in any conditions and that too by playing much positively.

As I say, this is test cricket, not the IPL. Quality batsmen like Trott & Cook don't throw their wickets away.

Pakistan only win matches due to possessing Ajmal & his bent arm. A completely 1 man team. God help you if he ever gets injured.

Cook, Trott, Compton- the dullest top 3 in world cricket?

In fact, the dullest 3-in-a-row of any team at all currently?

Cook, Trott, Compton- the dullest top 3 in world cricket?

In fact, the dullest 3-in-a-row of any team at all currently?
Two of the most reliable bats going around these days too.

We're talking about test cricket here, and in test cricket, Misbah is the dullest, slowest batsman in world cricket.

As I say, this is test cricket, not the IPL. Quality batsmen like Trott & Cook don't throw their wickets away.

Pakistan only win matches due to possessing Ajmal & his bent arm. A completely 1 man team. God help you if he ever gets injured.

Please don't confuse Misbah with this utterly mediocre Compton who has a worse strike rate. So how is Misbah the slowest?

Ajmal has a bent arm but the Indian Cricket Council think its okay so why are you crying? Still feeling the pain of UAE 2012?

Don't you have a meaningless club t20 match you should be watching?

I wish there was. But sadly there isn't. I'd rather watch women's cricket than this snooze fest.

This is going to be a farce series. Only three exciting players.

Mccullum: but he is the biggest minnow basher in history.

Prior: couldn't buy a run in the top order for England in ODIs. Feasts on tired bowlers late in the end after Cook, Compton and Trott bore them to death.

Taylor: very good player. Really like him but the NZ cricket board doesn't appreciate his talents because he can't slay minnows like Mcullum.

This is going to be a farce series. Only three exciting players.

Mccullum: but he is the biggest minnow basher in history.

Prior: couldn't buy a run in the top order for England in ODIs. Feasts on tired bowlers late in the end after Cook, Compton and Trott bore them to death.

Taylor: very good player. Really like him but the NZ cricket board doesn't appreciate his talents because he can't slay minnows like Mcullum.

LOL :yk that was hilarious

Please don't confuse Misbah with this utterly mediocre Compton who has a worse strike rate. So how is Misbah the slowest?

Compton has only played a handful of games. He's still feeling his way into test cricket, whereas Misbah is an experienced veteran. When he's settled it, the s/r will improve. Misbah will always be boring.

I love how you refer to Compton as being mediocre, especially when he averages 2 runs less than Azhar Ali, the only young batsmen Pakistan possess who isn't utterly awful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back