England vs Pakistan | 2nd Test | Headingley, Leeds | June 1-5, 2018 | Day 1 | Match Thread

So basically, it was a bad decision to bat first. I’d have done the same though. It’s not an easy decision.

Wasim loves reading player stats

If it's on screen, he will read it.

Remember when that guy with the chalk board appeared on the screen? "On the front foot, good defence, very compact technique AND THAT GUY LOVES AZHAR ALI!"

He's a real life Ron Burgundy.

im-ron-burgundy.gif

So basically, it was a bad decision to bat first. I’d have done the sam me though. It’s not an easy decision.

need to get through this session without losing anymore..but do need to score some more runs..cmon 30-2 as a first hurdle..

If it's on screen, he will read it.

Remember when that guy with the chalk board appeared on the screen? "On the front foot, good defence, very compact technique AND THAT GUY LOVES AZHAR ALI!"

He's a real life Ron Burgundy.

im-ron-burgundy.gif

Also, every play & miss for him is “unplayable delivery”.

disappointing stuff from Imam :facepalm:
Azhar got a good ball

root needs to Bring Curran into attack replacing Anderson before ball gets older.

Conditions don’t seem to be easing up. I think it’s going to move around all day.

So England basically wins the first session which is a good start for them after the Lord's debacle.

Pakistan need a huge comeback from their middle order + lower order otherwise people will be grilling Sarfraz for 3/4 days.

Yes yar but its 14th over now. Broad is making the ball talk for fun. :/

Dukes ball swings for longer too. Have to be patient for the first session in England.

In Australia this would be the point where David Warner would be battering the Kookaburra into pieces.

Asad Shafiq as a senior batsman needs to lead from the front here in a tricky position.

England aren’t doing anything special btw... we would have had them at least 4 down by now.

Two crisp shots from Asad!

need 100s from both these two today.

Zimbabwe would be a decent team had they kept hold of the Currans, Ballance and de Grandhomme.

What a waste.

BTW guys I don't think we'll get much play tomorrow if you look at the Met Office forecast.

Idk why but Harris Sohail sometimes reminds of Chris Gayle (back when he played test matches) in his demeanor on the pitch and some shots :)

Nicely played. Need this pair to stay out there till lunch.

This Curran is also a trundler like his brother. Should have stayed at county level or gone back to Zimbabwe. Simply not good enough for Test cricket

How is the ball swinging so much when the sun is out ?

It doesn't depend on cloud or sunny.

Swing has to do with STILL air. If it's cold, ball will generate more swing. Usually under clouds too, the air is stiller as compared to a hot sunny day.

Want a 100 runs partnership from these two.

ok is Tom curran the best the ECB can find? im mean really? no pace, dibbly dobblers? if we give him wickets I'll be pretty mad..

Dukes ball swings for longer too. Have to be patient for the first session in England.

In Australia this would be the point where David Warner would be battering the Kookaburra into pieces.

It doesn't depend on cloud or sunny.

Swing has to do with STILL air. If it's cold, ball will generate more swing. Usually under clouds too, the air is stiller as compared to a hot sunny day.

Thanks guys.
This reminds me of our 2010 tour.

This Curran is also a trundler like his brother. Should have stayed at county level or gone back to Zimbabwe. Simply not good enough for Test cricket

He is an allrounder who mainly bowls with new ball. Don't judge him too early.

Even if we get to lunch just 2 wickets down it will be england session.

Even if we get to lunch just 2 wickets down it will be england session.

No it won’t be. With the ball doing that much England would’ve wanted much more than 2. I’ll be really happy if another doesn’t fall before lunch

He will never get new ball in a quality test team. He is nothing more than smaller, slower version of David Willey

He is an allrounder who mainly bowls with new ball. Don't judge him too early.

He will never get new ball in a quality Test side. Nothing but a shorter, slower version of David Willey

No Michael Atherton and Nasser Hussain today?

Back