England vs Pakistan | 2nd Test | Headingley, Leeds | June 1-5, 2018 | Day 1 | Match Thread

Shafiq needs to careful, a lot of responsibility on him now. He gave Usman the cap now needs to guide him along and lead by example

Can only hope we decimate them when it comes time to bowl. Don't know why Sarfaraz chose to bat first.

1-1 in England in May/June with an inexperienced team is a good result...

What did I say about Headingly and it’s history about bowling first.

Pakistan should have known better about this ground, batting first was always highly risky.

They only looked at the pitch without taking other factors.

Should be the last over of the session. That Shafiq wicket was big

Haha :))

You guys :facepalm:

Amir is going to take 10 wickets in this match, just saying.

Haris showed good composure, a tad unfortunate in my view.

A nice 12-15 coming up from captain before he throws it away as usual.

Patience guys.
England winning this session hands down. But this will be a proper test for us.
If we can pull through in this match then Lords wont look like an aberation.

Badly missing a player like YK who is capable of scoring big runs.

Will sarfraz finally step up and score some runs?

Sarfraz for once needs to take the responsibility and not play a rash shot

England putting us back in our place.
England would die to get a 1-1 result in Uae no matter what the outcome of the game our head to head with them is still hugely in favour of us for past 4 Series

Badly missing a player like YK who is capable of scoring big runs.

Will sarfraz finally step up and score some runs?

YK wouldn't have done too much here when its swinging.

His entire strategy was to block out quicks and attack spinners. Which spinner would he attack?

You all laugh and tease mamoon, but simple fact is, he's always right. Azhar is rubbish.. when he scores a 50 it's a so pointless in the grand scheme of the match

I'm gonna say it first here, I also think imam is very very ordinary.

Awful decision to bat first today knowing that England are under pressure with their batting. The only way Pakistan can dig themselves out now is to bowl tremendously.

I've also said this in the past. Pakistan fail up in the north because the ball bounces more and it's a bit quicker up north too. Swing isn't much of an issue for Pakistanis. It's more the bounce. Our Pakistanis just cannot face the fuller rising length ball.

as expected

woakes doing a number on us

need a minimum of 150
so our bowlers have something at least

That was a session where we couldn't afford to lose more than 2 wickets.

We wound up losing 4. We'll now do well to get 250.

YK wouldn't have done too much here when its swinging.

His entire strategy was to block out quicks and attack spinners. Which spinner would he attack?

He would have still given some hope. Spinners or not. When I look at the team I can not point to any player and say this my man he is going to score big.

Still hopefull that Shadab, Faheem and Hasan will give the English a stronger resistance than the top order.

You all laugh and tease mamoon, but simple fact is, he's always right. Azhar is rubbish.. when he scores a 50 it's a so pointless in the grand scheme of the match

I'm gonna say it first here, I also think imam is very very ordinary.

Awful decision to bat first today knowing that England are under pressure with their batting. The only way Pakistan can dig themselves out now is to bowl tremendously.

I've also said this in the past. Pakistan fail up in the north because the ball bounces more and it's a bit quicker up north too. Swing isn't much of an issue for Pakistanis. It's more the bounce. Our Pakistanis just cannot face the fuller rising length ball.

Imam has looked very ordinary in this series, but if this is what Azhar is going to produce in testing conditions after 10 years, what is the point?

You can work as hard as you want, but mediocrity eventually catches up with you. He has played his part for Pakistan with the limited ability the he has, but you can’t move forward with players like him.

Imam has looked very ordinary in this series, but if this is what Azhar is going to produce in testing conditions after 10 years, what is the point?

You can work as hard as you want, but mediocrity eventually catches up with you. He has played his part for Pakistan with the limited ability the he has, but you can’t move forward with players like him.

Imam is shaping up to be like Azhar. Like you said, his hard work and determination may get him a few good scores but eventually it will also catch up to him too. You only have to watch about 5 balls to know if a player will be class or not. Imam is where he is due to hand work and grit rather than his natural talent. He won't last long in international cricket. He goes into the same pile as your hafeezs, azhars etc

i think reaching 150 will be milestone now, good thing is rain is coming and its going to come hard next few days.

Amir destroyed the australians here in the past so its not over yet.

I cannot remember a time Azhar played a match winning innings. In my eyes, a great player is one who wins you matches. The guy scrambled to a 200 in Australia and we lost the game.

The wrist-slitting in this thread after the FIRST session on the FIRST day of a TEST match

:facepalm:

I cannot remember a time Azhar played a match winning innings. In my eyes, a great player is one who wins you matches. The guy scrambled to a 200 in Australia and we lost the game.

He has no presence at the crease and cannot impose himself on the opposition. He is our so-called senior batsman, but opposition bowlers don’t view him as a threat.

Even if he bats for two days, he will not put Pakistan in a commanding position.

Back