England vs Pakistan | 2nd Test | Headingley, Leeds | June 1-5, 2018 | Day 1 | Match Thread

He has no presence at the crease and cannot impose himself on the opposition. He is our so-called senior batsman, but opposition bowlers don’t view him as a threat.

Even if he bats for two days, he will not put Pakistan in a commanding position.

Shafiq has a lower average than Azhar but he's played many innings in the past which changed the course of the game.

Imam, Azhar, (potentially the batsman Sarfraz) are all in the same category. We may draw/win this series with them in, but for consistency they need to be dropped.

England would die to get a 1-1 result in Uae no matter what the outcome of the game our head to head with them is still hugely in favour of us for past 4 Series

If I was a pak fan, I would be terribly disappointed if series is drawn here against this struggling England team whose confidence level is very very low currently.

i think reaching 150 will be milestone now, good thing is rain is coming and its going to come hard next few days.

Amir destroyed the australians here in the past so its not over yet.

I think a score of 250 was needed to put some pressure on, if we get bowled out for 150 or less, England will get a massive confidence boost and that will give them an edge when they bat.

If I was a pak fan, I would be terribly disappointed if series is drawn here against this struggling England team whose confidence level is very very low currently.
You guys were pummelled 3-1 in 2014 by also a struggling English side the fact is like you side in 2014 this side is a work in progress I would be disappointed if they dont build up on this and lose the series in 2020 when this will be a more settled side.

Both of Imam and Azhar can't stay in the team over the long run since we have a guy like Fakhar waiting on the sidelines. One of them has to go.

Since Azhar is the senior, the heat is rightly on him.

The wrist-slitting in this thread after the FIRST session on the FIRST day of a TEST match

:facepalm:

Sometimes, when you look at these comments, you’d think these guys know nothing about cricket.

It was good bowling conditions, England bowled really well, and they’ve won the first session. That’s it.

You guys were pummelled 3-1 in 2014 by also a struggling English side the fact is like you side in 2014 this side is a work in progress I would be disappointed if they dont build up on this and lose the series in 2020 when this will be a more settled side.

Bro rhnay do, he and 2 other Indians said England will thump us 2-0 and they will do bhangra. After the first match English team became 'struggling' and 'low in confidence'. Bhai itni he struggling thi to ap 2-0 pr bhangra krnay pai sure kyun thay. lol

Last edited:
Imam just won you a test match one game back which also his debut,some people really

Is it a really bad pitch or our batsmen got complacent?

Mani to score a debut hundred and Saifi to come to form with a brisk 60 odd.

You heard it here first :shh :shh :shh

Sometimes, when you look at these comments, you’d think these guys know nothing about cricket.

It was good bowling conditions, England bowled really well, and they’ve won the first session. That’s it.
Sad part is they never learn. Its the same old rubbish every match thread.

Agree with how England have bowled. Woakes, in particular, just knows how to bowl that teasing length in these conditions.

Last few overs, the pace off the wicket isn't as quick as it seemed in the first hour. I honestly think Sarfraz got it spot on with the decision to bat first.

Sarfaraz better not play a rash shot and get out

Last few overs, the pace off the wicket isn't as quick as it seemed in the first hour. I honestly think Sarfraz got it spot on with the decision to bat first.

We chose to bat first in these conditions :O :O :O

Time to bump the rain dance thread or too early? :ibutt

Sarfraz should serious consider retireing from tests. Should just concentrate on odis and t20s

This game is done and dusted. Poor display from batters.

Sarfraz should serious consider retireing from tests. Should just concentrate on odis and t20s

I agree with this... however, I do not see another captaincy candidate atleast in this 11.

Running out of patience with regards to captain.

The important thing is not when the last time a certain player did good. The important thing is when was the last time a senior player stood up and toke the responsibility when the team was under pressure.

None of Azhar, Shafiq and Sarfraz has demonstrated this quality on a consistent basis.

Need counterattacking punches from Shadab and Fahim.... brisk 50s from both will carry us to 200 and imo that should be enough on this pitch

Can we all now agree that Imam is nothing but a nepotistic selection and doesn't deserve to be there?

Also save for that one 50 in the first innings of Lords test it has been a while since Azhar got any runs.

What's the verdict on Mani so far?
I like to give newcomers few chances before handing out a verdict.

The verdict on Azhar, sarfraz and Shafiq isn't good.

We wont even make 100 here now! pathetic batting display!

78/6

I have more trust in our "tailenders" than I have in our established senior batsmen.

Can we all now agree that Imam is nothing but a nepotistic selection and doesn't deserve to be there?

Also save for that one 50 in the first innings of Lords test it has been a while since Azhar got any runs.
He got runs in his last test before Malahide.So only ONE match in between where he didn’t get any.And this match isn’t over yet.

On a separate note, Salahuddin has looked suspect against inswing all innings, even more similarities to Azhar Ali than I would've liked

No discipline with the batting stupid wafts and playing across the line with ball swinging around.

Back