England vs Pakistan | 2nd Test | Headingley, Leeds | June 1-5, 2018 | Day 1 | Match Thread

Azhar 1 of 21. After playing for more than 8 years still every innings like debut for him. We need faster scorer than him. Azhar, Sami and Shafiq are super timid players

Well said, they're all very slow starters with the former 2 always maintaining <50 SR throughout their innings. Shafiq's average is below par after 60 tests with half of them in UAE.

This was expected. This team is way too inconsistent. We will be all out today just after tea

It looked like batting conditions but it has turned out be exactly the opposite

Azhar Ali worries me as a Test opener.

I don’t want a kamikaze Fakhar Zaman, but Azhar’s inability to rotate the strike with a single every over sometimes makes him a sitting duck.

Azhar out LBW again, was always coming, just seems to have a poor technic against ball coming back in. was lucky he wasnt knocked over by Anderson earlier.

Don't like this opening partnership of Azhar and Imam - like at Malahide we find ourselves 2 down with the score going nowhere.

Azhar out LBW again, was always coming, just seems to have a poor technic against ball coming back in. was lucky he wasnt knocked over by Anderson earlier.

needs to get in the nets and work on it..but he just isnt an opener..he's a middle order batsmen..

Au usual Azhar can only play when pitch is flat.

Lord's conditions were testing and he scored a fifty.

This is a flat pitch but the ball is moving in the air especially with the humidity.

Azhar Ali worries me as a Test opener.

I don’t want a kamikaze Fakhar Zaman, but Azhar’s inability to rotate the strike with a single every over sometimes makes him a sitting duck.

Standing on middle stump and almost bring your bat down straight all time and not moving your feet as some sort of defensive shield will be exposed and knocked over LBW.

Almost 80% of his dimissals in UK test have been LBW

On a positive note, Wasim got the name of the debutante right by not calling him Ali Sulieman...

Last edited:
Cannot afford loss of any more wickets till lunch.

Otherwise this could be the Dunedin ODI all over again.

Patience guys, patience.

These two to ride out the storm inshaAllah

correction

Day 1, session 1, ball is doing enough...Azhar and Imam were poor, but why so much negativity from posters? It will get easier to bat now.
We may end up being 150 all out, or we could build a few partnerships and get 300...at this moment no one knows so relax and enjoy the ride...I am sticking my neck out and going for a 300+ score with Haris and Salahuddin getting decent knocks.
:ma

Absolutely the correct decision to bat first. These two need to ride out this session somehow. This pitch is only going to flatten out over Day 2 and 3. Imperative Pakistan scores 300+ here to stay in the game. Asad Shafiq is the key here. Other batsmen don't know how to score a century.

You lot need to relax, England are allowed to bowl good.

Not the best start but we will get a decent total inshallah

Isa trying to ask about how easy it is for a bowler that mainly swings it one way to learn how to swing it to the other and she wants to get Wasim to talk about wrist position and technique...

Wasim ignores the question and just starts rambling on about swinging the ball, overhead conditions and experience, even though poor Isa Guha has asked the same question four times in a row without managing to get an answer out of him. :))

Isa trying to ask about how easy it is for a bowler that mainly swings it one way to learn how to swing it to the other and she wants to get Wasim to talk about wrist position and technique...

Wasim ignores the question and just starts rambling on about swinging the ball, overhead conditions and experience, even though poor Isa Guha has asked the same question four times in a row without managing to get an answer out of him. :))

Missed that. Have muted my stream :)

Need to take it one step at a time from here. Goal should be to get to 50 without losing another wicket.

Im not sure he's very bright..lol

Need to get to lunch now without losing any more wickets :facepalm:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The last time Pakistan played a Test match at Headingley they beat Australia by 3 wickets <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://t.co/ynXDBxf9IS">pic.twitter.com/ynXDBxf9IS</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/1002484897368498176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 1, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back