England vs Pakistan | 4th ODI | Nottingham | May 17th, 2019 | Pakistan innings

Genius, do you know Imam's strike rate is in the 70s?

That's only one match in his entire career where he played at a half decent strike rate.

I'm not even sure why I'm replying to such clueless posts here. Gonna stop.

Imam has barely played much against the top sides and has already shown so much promise, he'll only get better.

Babar on the other hand has been in the team for almost 4 years now and still bats like it's his debut year.

Malik will ruin our chances in the last overs.

Asif needs to play all the balls from here.

Babar has played a very good knock in his capacity. The criticism is not justified.

Nah, he slowed down considerably and didn't even try to hit a single boundary after he got into the 80s. That's just selfish given the circumstances, no other way to look at it.

Imam has barely played much against the top sides and has already shown so much promise, he'll only get better.

Babar on the other hand has been in the team for almost 4 years now and still bats like it's his debut year.

Like to see Imam against a decent bowling attack...

However there is no doubt Imam has shown the ability to play a longer innings than Babar.

Babar clearly slow down for his hundred after scoring 81 runs. He scored his next 15 runs in 23 balls at SR 65.

Anyone defending him needs to be banned from this forum and not discuss cricket

Its selfish on this track , short boundaries and flat track and he played 50 plus dot balls.

definition of selfish.

What u want? 115 on 60 balls? Babar is not that type of player. His natural game is like that maintaining strike rate of 100. Thats it

Malik is embarrassing. Just retire, dude.

Almost got Asif run out. Idiot.

This is was Asif Ali was brought in to do. His confidence has grown so much this series, wonderful!

He isn't. He is not the type of player who can score 70-80 ball tons. Maybe it will come off once in a while, but on average, if Babar decides to attack the bowlers from ball one, he will fail frequently.

Would you rather have him average 35 at a SR of 110 or 50 at a SR of 85-90?

Clearly haven't watched the match

I like how Asif is playing his shots confidently. I want him to try the off side too.

This team can only afford 2 off Imam, Babar, Haris, Hafeez. Malik shouldn't even be in consideration.

I expect Imam to overtake Babar very soon. We might see it happening as early as the world cup. The drive and passion of Imam supersedes Babar's by a mile. From the little that we've seen of Imam, you can see that he's constantly trying to improve.

His power game has improved tremendously. You can see the guns on his arms. He's improving his athleticism and is mentally very strong. Babar on the other hand is under the false impression that he does not even need to improve.

Someone commented at Cricinfo...
I can't help but wonder if Pakistan's approach today is not geared towards trying to set a total on a flat pitch that England can't chase, but is more about continuing to consistently score 360-370 on flat pitches - it is doing this consistently that will get them the 6 wins they need in the group stage to get to the semis (and then they can have a go on worn pitches like at the Champions Trophy), not trying (and possibly failing) to get 430 and beating England

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] Jofa Archer getting destroyed lmao

Looks like we both kinda over rated him

Good by Malik. But you have to bowl that badly for him to get a boundary

Archer is hyped up just like every other new England talent

lol 99% of this forum used to hate on Asif before the world cup.

Yes.

It's funny to see them change their colors. With accumulators like Malik, Sarfraz, Imad, we aren't going anywhere.

Need ASif and Umar Akmal.

PPers are hating on Umar too right now.

After Babar scoring 81 runs and he scored his next 15 runs in 23 balls at SR 65.

People are not watching the match I guess or too dumb to understand

Last edited:
He isn't. He is not the type of player who can score 70-80 ball tons. Maybe it will come off once in a while, but on average, if Babar decides to attack the bowlers from ball one, he will fail frequently.

Would you rather have him average 35 at a SR of 110 or 50 at a SR of 85-90?

35 at 110 but it depends on his intent. He intended to score a ton today to feel like he is ready the way Fakhar and Imam have felt so far

Asif going after Archer. Smart cricket, if you really think about it

A good batsman on a flat track will target the pace bowler since the ball goes even more quicker to the boundary. We need our team to collectively change our attitude about facing pace bowling. We look like sitting ducks against any half decent quick bowler

I thought he improved his game by playing IPL lol according to Mamum everybody becomes a legend after IPL.

He is very good, no point in judging him based on a couple of overs. There is a reason why he is being fast-tracked by England - they haven't had a pacer of his attributes in a long time.

He is far better than this.

And when will we see his "far better side" ? After 10 years?. For god's sake open your eyes and admit he is overrated batsman who is just good not great or worldclass and also one of the most selfish cricketers to have ever played for Pakistan

Malik not even hitting Rashid sahab :facepalm: :facepalm:

Edit: My father-in-law is Rashid sahab so this post felt weird. :maqsood

Well they got 8 off that over with just single double.... not ideal but not bad either.

Why on earth is Malik taking singles? Bhai thori si sharam karo, hit boundaries.

I thought he improved his game by playing IPL lol according to Mamum everybody becomes a legend after IPL.

In the IPL you bowl 4 overs. 2+2 mostly. You give everything. In one dayers you have to bowl 10 overs. Not the same. On flat roads it is even tougher. Apart from that one over he was okay with his bowling.

Malik lining up the spinner. No doubt he’ll try and go big in Rashid’s next over

Babar scoring 81 runs. He scored his next 15 runs in 23 balls at SR 65.

People are not watching the match I guess or too dumb to understand

This is cricket. There will be periods of play when you will find harder to rotate strike because of the bowling and the field. We should look to explore all the possibilities before labelling players selfish.

"selfish" is the most abused word in Pakistan cricket, and it is rarely used by fans of other teams.

Pakistan's bowling has been mediocre so far in this series. I don't think England bowling is any better. They will get tough competition against better bowling sides. They really need to think about it before going to the worldcup. All the hype with Archer has been exposed today. He is no better than Woakes.

They are playing as if they have already achieved the target they had in mind specially Malik mian

Azam's innings was really selfish. These two need more than 10 an over by FAR

This is cricket. There will be periods of play when you will find harder to rotate strike because of the bowling and the field. We should look to explore all the possibilities before labelling players selfish.

"selfish" is the most abused word in Pakistan cricket, and it is rarely used by fans of other teams.

Come on, Sachin was called selfish by section of Indian fans his whole life. That section has become a majority now.

Back