England vs Pakistan | 4th ODI | Nottingham | May 17th, 2019 | Pakistan innings

Need a 100 runs ATLEAST in the last 11 overs.

LOL No. Babar doesn't play like Imam - he does show intent and has the shots, plus much better strike rate.

Babar from here can at least accelerate.

Imam never can. And he plays like a snail from the start too.

i think you were sleeping in last game

Babar's 100 is reminding me of Hussain Talat's 50 in South Africa T20 in our recent tour. May be it's because he wasted more balls?

pakistan have too many openers in the side.

babar , imam , fakhar and haris are all batsmen who can do their best while opening.

LOL No. Babar doesn't play like Imam - he does show intent and has the shots, plus much better strike rate.

Babar from here can at least accelerate.

Imam never can. And he plays like a snail from the start too.

LOL yes, Babar "I don't need powehitting" Azam selfishly slowing down for his hundred and costing the team valuable runs.

Imam had two wickets fall in the last match and yet continued ticking the scoreboard along with Asif Ali.

Babar Azam has been poor throughout this innings even though there was no pressure of 2 wickets falling in a heap.

Waqar’s views speak volumes of the giant bafoon he is. His insights and logic are so poor and painful to hear

I can see why we did nothing under him.

Babar has played a very good knock in his capacity. The criticism is not justified.

LOL yes, Babar "I don't need powehitting" Azam selfishly slowing down for his hundred and costing the team valuable runs.

Imam had two wickets fall in the last match and yet continued ticking the scoreboard along with Asif Ali.

Babar Azam has been poor throughout this innings even though there was no pressure of 2 wickets falling in a heap.

That’s the difference between Babar and Kohli. Kohli plays for the team and wins you matches, Babar plays for himself.

You guys stop it already. Cut babar some slack! He will get better by time.

Babar can still make amendments. Still 14 overs left.

Can he hit 6s? 3-4 4s in one over? I doubt it, but thats' what we need....but as I said this innings of his soon will be forgotten and he will become worldclass again in PPs eyes. Even any county mediocre player can score a century at Trent bridge, it isn't an achievement. We needed quickfire century on this track for us to have any chance to succeed

Despite all these flurry of boundaries Bobby's SR is only 103. Shows how much he slowed down for his ton.

And as expected gets out soon after getting a ton.... could see it from a mile away :))

What a shot by Babar. This guy is so much class in terms of his quality as a batsman. World class.

What a 100 from Babar. Now we can easily score more than 350 and win this match

Imam>Babar

Can't believe how much Babar is overrated on this forum.

What a pathetic innings in the context of the match.

Just a random question. Why ramiz raja isn't doing commentary in this series?

Horrible way to get out and the SR showed he became selfish in the last part of his innings.

Pathetic innings, we could have done much better with a selfless blitz from Asif or someone else. Makes me feel disgusted in Babar.

Waqar’s views speak volumes of the giant bafoon he is. His insights and logic are so poor and painful to hear

I can see why we did nothing under him.

Absolutely awful commentator. Im sure he England fans are sick of him too. Brings the quality of this commentary team down, just like the lady

Once again, a slower ball from Curran sticks in the pitch. He has bowled intelligently and used variations to perfection.

Pakistan bowlers better be watching this.

Imam>Babar

Can't believe how much Babar is overrated on this forum.

What a pathetic innings in the context of the match.

Nah, Babar is still our best player, he just needs to get his priorities straight.

Thank god Softy cousin gone. Congrats for another impactless 100. Pak is 50 runs behind due to softy.

Once again, a slower ball from Curran sticks in the pitch. He has bowled intelligently and used variations to perfection.

Pakistan bowlers better be watching this.

When Hasan Ali first came he used to bowl two three types of slower ones.... now Hasan Ali's bowling strategy is if the batsman hit for a boundary I'll bowl it at exactly the same spot with same speed and see if he can do it again.

An average innings by Babar on this surface. Hopefully its a match winning one.

Watch out for Malik contributing to a customary run out. Will probably get Asif out

Guys this is the reason why Babar has yet to score a 50+ knock in a winning match against the top 5.

Overrated on PP, whilst the likes of Fakhar and Asif Ali who bat selflessly for the team's cause are called mere hacks!

Imam 150 from 130 ,Babar 115 from 112.But lets criticize Imam for being slow

Genius, do you know Imam's strike rate is in the 70s?

That's only one match in his entire career where he played at a half decent strike rate.

I'm not even sure why I'm replying to such clueless posts here. Gonna stop. Imam isn't better than babar.

Babar rule is to anchor the innings which he did effectively with 115 run a ball

Now asif and malik need to score 100 in last 10

When Hasan Ali first came he used to bowl two three types of slower ones.... now Hasan Ali's bowling strategy is if the batsman hit for a boundary I'll bowl it at exactly the same spot with same speed and see if he can do it again.
Jazbaati ho jaata hai aaj kal larka :hasan2

Dont want asif to get out here. Otherwise 300 would be a big task for us. Need his 50-70 runs here

Babar had to anchor the inning with Imam gone.hafeez should have played faster .
Even in last 2 games you can see root Playing Under 100 .

He is far better than this.

He isn't. He is not the type of player who can score 70-80 ball tons. Maybe it will come off once in a while, but on average, if Babar decides to attack the bowlers from ball one, he will fail frequently.

Would you rather have him average 35 at a SR of 110 or 50 at a SR of 85-90?

Not a fan of Malik but his running between the wickets is phenomenal. He always aims for twos.

Back