England vs Pakistan | 4th ODI | Nottingham | May 17th, 2019 | Pakistan innings

Babar's ugly side is being exposed here. This is something I explained long back - he slows down in 4th quarter and the exponential jump in SR immediately after reaching 100 (5th Q), actually indicates it's deliberate. Today, with 7 batsmen + Imad, there is absolutely no reason that his SR from 100 at around 50 mark should fall to 95 level by 35th over.

SR is just a function of over all score - obviously an innings played in 350 condition will have much higher SR than the same of 250; or a batsman should have higher SR in Q3 than Q1, but Babar's case, the acceleration from Q3 to Q4 is poor, more so compared to over all scoring rate. Unless he improves on this (which is often self made, he is better than that), he'll stuck into an inferior version of Hasim Amla class - lots of milestones, but lots of soft scores as well.

Today, PAK should have reached 240 by the 36th over mark and try another 150 in last 15 - those 25 runs should be crucial at the end, considering one bowler short.

Babar Azam is currently Sachin of Pakistan in terms of his match winning ability.

I think we can count on babar to win us a match if there are 30 required off 3 overs with him playing in the 90s. Must be fun to watch how he play that situation

For all his Talent, I would never pick a player like him with the selfish attitude he has, he is counter productive for the greater and common cause.

If Rohit were batting at this rate at thie stage i will be wanting him to stay till the end as he can go absolutely ballistic in the last 10 overs. You get this inevitable feeling that Babar can never go hammer and tongs even at his best form in the death overs.

Bhai he will get out a couple of bowls after reaching his ton... hammer and tongs lol

Babar's ugly side is being exposed here. This is something I explained long back - he slows down in 4th quarter and the exponential jump in SR immediately after reaching 100 (5th Q), actually indicates it's deliberate. Today, with 7 batsmen + Imad, there is absolutely no reason that his SR from 100 at around 50 mark should fall to 95 level by 35th over.

SR is just a function of over all score - obviously an innings played in 350 condition will have much higher SR than the same of 250; or a batsman should have higher SR in Q3 than Q1, but Babar's case, the acceleration from Q3 to Q4 is poor, more so compared to over all scoring rate. Unless he improves on this (which is often self made, he is better than that), he'll stuck into an inferior version of Hasim Amla class - lots of milestones, but lots of soft scores as well.

Today, PAK should have reached 240 by the 36th over mark and try another 150 in last 15 - those 25 runs should be crucial at the end, considering one bowler short.

Saw his ugly side when he scored a 100 against aus in 2016 but I didn't really think much of it thinking he just wanted to cement his spot. But now... This is just embarrassing.

Now then. Real runs matter now. How much and at what pace he scores runs after his 100 will determine him as a player

so from world class hes become potentially world class after this pathetic innings. But this innings will soon be forgotten and he will become worldclass again on this forum..Lol

Babar can still make amendments. Still 14 overs left.

Allah tera shukar hai cousin ki century hogayi.... should do sajda, then victory lap and hold press conference.

Any top team will dump selfish player like Babar long ago. You cannot win many matches with players like this

Babar Azam's one of the more useless knocks.

His celebration is also very cringeworthy, why celebrate when you know it's a poor score?

Today he batted like Imam ul Haq.

Malik 4th longest ODI career ever with nothing of note to show for it. One of the most shameless cricketers of all time officially

Waqar biting words calling Babar just short of selfish.

Congrats tho on another 100, Babar. Run making machine.

I would drop Babar in the next game if I was the coach to teach him and others a lesson.

It'

Any top team will dump selfish player like Babar long ago. You cannot win many matches with players like this

Imam does it every time, don't see that much criticism on him.

Yes, this is a poor and Imam like knock indeed today.

Imam in the balcony without a brace and just ice bag on the elbow.. wow!!!

Guess it’s not a break!!

I would drop Babar in the next game if I was the coach to teach him and others a lesson.

It'

Have you ever said that about Imam ul Haq who plays much slower and as an opener too?

I have only seen Malik dominate pace once. Think it was in faisalabad and he went to town on kallis’ bowing

If babar can compensate for this and score 60 off 30 then it should be fine.

Very poor cricket from Pakistan, sending Malik at this time, Malik will tuk tuk as usual, two most selfish players in Pak cricket history.

I guess Malik had to come in to make his case... only one more game remaining before WC.

Malik should just get run out and leave it to the selectors, as i think he will be picked easily then.

Babar Azam is currently Sachin of Pakistan in terms of his match winning ability.

Don't even fool yourself - the amount of games SRT had won, entire this PAK team will struggle to match that combined. He set a very high standard hence expectation was always high, almost unreal.

But yes, he did play for personal milestones .... but you'll never see that No. 4 out scoring him in SR coming after 50 (of his) ..... let alone that No. 4 being Mohammad Hafeez - hope you got the clue.

Babar needed that century. I don't blame him for slowing down but he needs to up to ante now.

Please send in Asif Ali and Imad before Sarfraz. Even Hassan ali should come in before.

Don't know why people complain about babar. He played very well and his strike rate is very good.

Imam does it every time, don't see that much criticism on him.

Yes, this is a poor and Imam like knock indeed today.

Babar has always played like this, at least Imam didn't slow down like Babar did to get his century.

Babar is overrated.

They are aiming for 320 lmao.... England will chase it in 35 overs

Come on then World number 1 T20 batsman, 70 odd deliveries to go!

People hating on Malik here don’t recognize hafeez would have gone the same way if he had to face pace only

Don't know why people complain about babar. He played very well and his strike rate is very good.

This is a strike rate of 70 equivalent on this ground. He's batting at a SR of 96.

A modern 100 is the one Bairstow scored against us in a chase

Looking at Babar's wagon wheel he is not exactly massive down the ground. Does he? That is where you get most of your sixes. Mostly strong square of the wicket.

My goodness Barbar is class.
Could end up being the best batsmen Pakistan has EVER produced.

Who knows Pakistan will troll us by winning this game defending 300 odd

Babar has always played like this, at least Imam didn't slow down like Babar did to get his century.

Babar is overrated.

LOL No. Babar doesn't play like Imam - he does show intent and has the shots, plus much better strike rate.

Babar from here can at least accelerate.

Imam never can. And he plays like a snail from the start too.

All being said, Babar plays such beautiful exquisite cricket. Truly pleasing to the eye. Quality player. Needs to improve on his "impact" and "selfishness" though.

It’s hilarious that Rob Key left the first 5 overs of this game in commentary thinking that England should open with archer and wood in their first World Cup game

You can hear the disappointment in the voices of the English commentary. Who understand the pitch and ground and modern cricket and know, this has been a very poor display of batting. Extremely selfish from babar.

England would be on 350 plus after 40 overs on this pitch.

Such a mediocre Pakistani line up. So sad

Back