England vs Pakistan | 4th ODI | Nottingham | May 17th, 2019 | Pakistan innings

If Babar gets a 100 that will be least impact full among the other 100s. (Fakhar and Imam)

Babar is playing with more dots when he shouldn't. Bumble spoke about it. Needs to catch on

If Babar gets a 100 that will be least impact full among the other 100s. (Fakhar and Imam)

Considering the fact that he will most likely get out within 10 runs of getting his ton

England should thank Bobby for another wicket

This will be very embarrassing if babar get outs now or right after his 100.

oo man the guy who was trying to score gets out... send Asif please I can't see Malik at this stage...

Good for hafeez, not sure about the team

Your hatred for Hafeez is well known.

Fantastic innings by the veteran, lower middle order is his place where he can serve Pakistan best. Smooth stroke maker.

Not trying to sound like a hater but Babars dots balls caused Fakhsr and Hafeez wicket.

I am afraid to report this will happen to hafeez quite a bit in this World Cup. So for those folks thinking he is a better pick over Malik, you should get used to match losing 50’s

I remember babar playing few dots on trott, which resulted in pressure on fakhar, resulting in his dismissal. Did anyone else saw the connection?

King of Softy at it again. Another impactless 100 coming up for useless cousin.

Your hatred for Hafeez is well known.

Fantastic innings by the veteran, lower middle order is his place where he can serve Pakistan best. Smooth stroke maker.

Timely words as always

That is not smart. You should be 30 runs ahead before the slog even begins. Why do a go slow rather than reaching the highest total you can.
1. Because Hafeez is coming back and needs the time. He just got out. He would have benefitted from an extended stay.
2. We always need one of the two to go all the way. Pakistan is notorious for collapses.

You need pace. English fans should realize in world cup you play one match at a time against one team. So you just have to catch them by surprise in one match. Wood will be a better option with his pace. Even though he doesn't extract bounce like say Oshane Thomas he can still be quick to get rid of guys who are weak against short ball.

Why Malik? They clearly don't care about winning . . tehy just want the batsman to have a hit . . otherwise why wouldn;t you send Asif Ali right now?

Hafeez had to go all out as his selfish partner was not doing anything to accelerate the run-rate. Hafeez played for the team. I wish that he stayed longer.

Mickey should redefine Babar's role. If his role is to play through the innings. He can't be playing like this. Score some runs man.

Malik will probably get us 400, i think. He looks super fit in this day and age

Very selfish stuff from Babar.

He has yet to show us he can turn it on in the second halves of innings and does not care for a win or loss.

13 overs left... even if we get 130 in them we will only be getting a strictly average score. But doesn't matter atleast cousin will get a ton :uakmal

Wow this innings of Babar is the worst out of any hundred scored this series, by a country mile.

Seriously pak losing this match already.. need 370 plus minimum. England will make it look like a totally different pitch when roy and bairstow come and smash pak for 100 odd in first 10 overs

1. Because Hafeez is coming back and needs the time. He just got out. He would have benefitted from an extended stay.
2. We always need one of the two to go all the way. Pakistan is notorious for collapses.

The second point is moot basis how we have gone in the first two Odis

we are not making 350 here - we would struggle against Archer & Wood. Hafeez was our best bet to get to 350.

Do i need to say tht again, bobby suckin the momentum out of the innings only to get to his hundred.
Tells u a bit about culture in this side

This is why India needs Saini. He is a 152 kph good back of the length bowler. You can weed out all the hacks with that length at such pace.

Babar's ugly side is being exposed here. This is something I explained long back - he slows down in 4th quarter and the exponential jump in SR immediately after reaching 100 (5th Q), actually indicates it's deliberate. Today, with 7 batsmen + Imad, there is absolutely no reason that his SR from 100 at around 50 mark should fall to 95 level by 35th over.

SR is just a function of over all score - obviously an innings played in 350 condition will have much higher SR than the same of 250; or a batsman should have higher SR in Q3 than Q1, but Babar's case, the acceleration from Q3 to Q4 is poor, more so compared to over all scoring rate. Unless he improves on this (which is often self made, he is better than that), he'll stuck into an inferior version of Hasim Amla class - lots of milestones, but lots of soft scores as well.

Today, PAK should have reached 240 by the 36th over mark and try another 150 in last 15 - those 25 runs should be crucial at the end, considering one bowler short.

He is potentially world class but isn't a heavy hitter.

so from world class hes become potentially world class after this pathetic innings. But this innings will soon be forgotten and he will become worldclass again on this forum..Lol

When you are 40 and trying to claim 38. You will get out hustled by most pacers with gas

Bobby is like lemme inch my way to my precious ton

Oh lord this is going to be our biggest thrashing yet, this is what happens when personal milestones come before team needs.

Imagine if Kohli plays selfish like this he could score 100 in every 5 matches

We are going to loose this match.
A strike rate of 90s or even 100 would not do much and we are even worst towards the death overs.

If Rohit were batting at this rate at thie stage i will be wanting him to stay till the end as he can go absolutely ballistic in the last 10 overs. You get this inevitable feeling that Babar can never go hammer and tongs even at his best form in the death overs.

Back