England vs Pakistan | 4th ODI | Nottingham | May 17th, 2019 | Pakistan innings

Babar.

That's why he's our best batsman.

What a six.

Babar just showing how seriously inept Imam's batting is against good bowling

Now see the RR acceleration... Thats why people hates with imam... He is very slow..

Wow, Babar looks a different beast against new ball inside 10 overs

May be through an unfortunate way, but I hope PAK Tank do realize after today's game that Babar belongs to open in ODI - can hit boundaries against good ball without slogging.

I will swap Imad with shadab, hasnain with Amir and malik with Sohail. The players can be switched around as well if performance goes down. Good combination and I think we should have stuck to this combination from the UAE series.

Babar teasing us again . . looking a million dollars . . and then . . . . . . . .

May be through an unfortunate way, but I hope PAK Tank do realize after today's game that Babar belongs to open in ODI - can hit boundaries against good ball without slogging.

They haven realized it for such a long time, I doubt they will now. Though I hope they do.

This technique of babar where he stays on the back foot all the time looks very dodgy when the ball seems around. He got out by staying back in the crease in last match as well..

Exactly.

We don't need Imam who generally slows things down a lot, particularly on flat/batting wickets.

The inclusion of Wood and Archer make England’s attack very competent. Their full-strength attack is nowhere near as bad as people think. It certainly better than Pakistan’s and probably on par with New Zealand’s.

Archer, Wood, Willey/Woakes, Stokes, Rashid and Moeen - that is more than capable of complementing their incredible batting unit.
Pace without any significant lateral movement on these pitches isn't necessarily a good thing tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if Wood ends up being more expensive than others.

Bumble saying Pak fighting back? There has been no wicket, just one retired hurt

I believe Hafeez in the middle order is an absolute necessity. We usually have no one to carry the momentum in middle and end of the inning G's after fakhar and Babar give us a good start.

Wood and Archer look a damn good opening pair and a certain English poster didn't think Mark wood is good enough :facepalm:

Looking at the color of the strip, it looks like another 350 plus wicket. Hope ICC doesn't give us wickets like this.

If Imam is out. I would open with Bobby

Fakhar
Babar
Haris
Sarfraz
Hafeez
Asif
Imad
Shadab
Hasan
Amir
Junaid

This technique of babar where he stays on the back foot all the time looks very dodgy when the ball seems around. He got out by staying back in the crease in last match as well..

Yes. I think this is a bit of a new development. He's never had a huge stride but these days, it seems like he just doesn't have a front foot defense.

Wood and Archer look a damn good opening pair and a certain English poster didn't think Mark wood is good enough :facepalm:

Seriously? Ever since he became a 90 mph bowler he has been a changed bowler. Sure got cartered around by the likes of Gayle. But he can dominate any bowler on his day.

Pace without any significant lateral movement on these pitches isn't necessarily a good thing tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if Wood ends up being more expensive than others.

The margin for error is very low on these pitches, but he still a much better option than the other English trundlers.

He could be the difference between England conceding 310-320 instead of 350.

Wood and Archer is an infinitely better combination than Woakes and Willey. England will move towards a decent pace attack with these two fully fit.

I think if these guys go on a little longer, I am not sure the wisdom of playing two guys bowling at 90 with about the same style. It’s a bit too same. They need to tighten their lines.

Pakistan should absolutely go for it. They have an extra batsman in cost of a bowler. Should aim for at least 400

Getting smashed brutally here, England. Proper spanking from Fakhar to Wood.

Babar always looks like getting out to a straight delivery.

Presuming this is a reference to me? Still don't think he should or will make the final XI.

You didn't seem to think he should be in the squad either. Anyway , most batting lineups would be happy to face only one of Jofra or wood rather than both. If England don't pick him in the XI, it would be a big mistake they would regret later.

Back