Flop Team of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 - The Disappointing XI

mominsaigol

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
I made a thread a 2 months ago about the team of the tournament. To make this List intresting I am excluding Minnow teams such as USA, Canada, Uganada etc, I'm also excluding Ireland as even though their a test playing nation, I don't think their at that level yet.

I decided to do a reverse and name the flops of the tournament so far. Please post your own as well, Always interested in seeing people's opinions.(PS: You can include players from Uganda, PNG if you wish, I'm choosing not to)

1) Reeza Hendricks
2) Saim Ayub
3) Rachin Ravindra
4) Usman Khan
5) Shadab Khan
6) Najibullah Zadran
7) Iftikhar Ahmed
8) Bracewell
9) Sam Curran
10) Abass Afridi
11) Matt Henry

Honorable Mentions: Azam Khan, he's so bad I honestly can't put him on the list. It would be an honor to him.

My XI:

1. Babar
2. Rizwan
3. End of story

Pakistan lost 3 back to back games (including 4th T20i v England) once they resorted back to this pair which should have been scrapped completely after the 2022 World Cup.

This pair is the biggest flop in the history of cricket let alone Pakistan. It’s a pair that has become the means of nuclear level destruction of a cricketing nation.

Fakhar isn’t a flop if he’s being asked to do a job out of position

A flop is someone who can’t do the job in their desired position
Its not like fakhar is batting at 4 in this tournaments .

He has batting from long time so these are all excuses now.

He failed miserably but somehow Pakistan fans dont ask questions other than Babar and rizwan.

He failed miserably but somehow Pakistan fans dont ask questions other than Babar and rizwan.
Until your core issue in the batting order is not resolved, don’t even try to pin the blame on other make shifts

Not on my watch.

Even if fakhar is a failure in t20, It's a worth a shot to try him at opening again as he's Pakistan's only genuine six hitter.

If you look at every other team they all have either 1 or 2 hitmans batting at opening. Even usa and Canada have set their priorities straight.

But Pakistan's hitman batted at no 4. And saim ayub coming in for 2 games made zero sense as saim has been failing left and right and his own sr doesn't show that he's a suitable alternative.

My XI:

1. Babar
2. Rizwan
3. End of story

Pakistan lost 3 back to back games (including 4th T20i v England) once they resorted back to this pair which should have been scrapped completely after the 2022 World Cup.

This pair is the biggest flop in the history of cricket let alone Pakistan. It’s a pair that has become the means of nuclear level destruction of a cricketing nation.
I wanted to include babar and rizwan however their not the absolute worst.

Rachin was the worst player of the tournament by far with literally no equal. And rachin batted at 3 for 2 games.

At opening reeza Hendricks is averaging 12 in the tournament and is basically worse then even bavuma, he's a pure passenger in the side and he's one of the reasons all sa games have been nail biters as a wicket is either guaranteed to go down in the first over or reeza will be a massive thorn for QDK.

Saim stats wise has been the worst opener, he only got 2 games but those games are Canada and Ireland and his previous record doesn't show or highlight confidence.

One argument is that we can make babar or rizwan captain, Then they would warrant a place in this 11 as rizwan would burn drs reviews left and right and be way too friendly on the field which would mentally guarantee losses and babar we all know how bad he is as captain

Entire Pakistan squad.

In no world can they justify losing to USA. American team is part timers, losing to them in a team sport is probably the biggest upset in any sport ever.

I made a thread a 2 months ago about the team of the tournament. To make this List intresting I am excluding Minnow teams such as USA, Canada, Uganada etc, I'm also excluding Ireland as even though their a test playing nation, I don't think their at that level yet.

I decided to do a reverse and name the flops of the tournament so far. Please post your own as well, Always interested in seeing people's opinions.(PS: You can include players from Uganda, PNG if you wish, I'm choosing not to)

1) Reeza Hendricks
2) Saim Ayub
3) Rachin Ravindra
4) Usman Khan
5) Shadab Khan
6) Najibullah Zadran
7) Iftikhar Ahmed
8) Bracewell
9) Sam Curran
10) Abass Afridi
11) Matt Henry

Honorable Mentions: Azam Khan, he's so bad I honestly can't put him on the list. It would be an honor to him.
1- Reeza Hendricks
2- Virat Kohli
3- Usman Khan/Kane Williamson
4- Fakhar Zaman
5- Shadab Khan
6- Tim David
7- Iftikhar Ahmed
8- Marco Jansen
9- Mitchell Starc
10- Mark Wood
11- Josh Hazlewood

1) Reeza Hendricks
2) Saim Ayub
3) Rachin Ravindra
4) Usman Khan
5) Shadab Khan
6) Najibullah Zadran
7) Iftikhar Ahmed
8) Bracewell
9) Sam Curran
10) Abass Afridi
11) Matt Henry

You missed Paul Stirling

I will like to see till final as am not fine with mediocre results too

I can add Ifti,Rovemann Powell,Markram.I wants to chk few English players like Livingstone,Ali etc
Livingstone, Moeen Ali were still better than former mentioned players.

1- Reeza Hendricks
2- Virat Kohli
3- Usman Khan/Kane Williamson
4- Fakhar Zaman
5- Shadab Khan
6- Tim David
7- Iftikhar Ahmed
8- Marco Jansen
9- Mitchell Starc
10- Mark Wood
11- Josh Hazlewood
All potential Multan Sultan’s local and overseas players

Sam Curran hasn’t been a flop, he is fairly abysmal, so any performance level above that is likely to be a pleasant surprise.

Mark Wood would be more of a valid England related inclusion for this XI, the guy has his uses in 50 over cricket and can be a high impact player in Tests, but in T20Is he is a liability.

Biggest flop as opener:
Finn allen
2 ducks 1 vs PNG

9 off 17 in other match

Worst middle order bat:
Iftikhar
Fakhar
Shadab
Usman
Azam

Worst allrounder:
Moeen
Shadab
Curran

Players who are still alive and can redeem:
Tim david
Wood
Hazlewood

My Flop XI:

Reeza
Rizwan (wk)
Kohli (c)
Fakhar
Shakib
Ifti chacha
Asalanka
Shadab
Amir
Pathirana
Rauf.
Biggest flop as opener:
Finn allen
2 ducks 1 vs PNG

9 off 17 in other match

Worst middle order bat:
Iftikhar
Fakhar
Shadab
Usman
Azam

Worst allrounder:
Moeen
Shadab
Curran

Players who are still alive and can redeem:
Tim david
Wood
Hazlewood
Good list

Talk about hypocrisy.
Didnt say that when the talk was other way round. Well not interested in debating with walls nonetheless thanks
Bro what hypocrisy or talk? We barely interact? Only time we have, it's always been about team selections and you bashing everyone while supporting babar and rizzu?

We've talked like 3x lol.

Rizwan
Kohli
Rachin
Williamson
Shakib
Daryl Mitchell
Tim David
Ifti
Jansen
Haris Rauf
Mark Wood

I know some of them are out of order but hey, they make a team Rizwan was a no show. Kohli was a no show but I cut him slack. Rachin, Williamson, and Mitchell were horror stories for NZ and there was a lot expected from them. Shakib did not come through. Tim David is just there. Ifti is the worst finisher in cricket history. Him in this WC made me somad. Jansen will be better but I couldn't think of others to put on there at the moment. Rauf and Wood were just spray guns. Wood still better

There are some more Pakistanis I could put on this list but I feel bad even putting them in the flop XI. The likes of Usman Khan and Azam Khan did not deserve a place in the squad. Literal walking wickets.

Cricket is a cruel sport. I used to see posts and trends of #kingbabar, #rizwanbradman etc all the time till asia cup last year. What happened? Never seen fan following decline so massively ever before. Up and down are parts of game. I bet if Pak chased bown 120/0, we wouldn't have seen end of Babar fans.

Flop team, man I thought you guys were talking about my team. Phew! No mention of my idiots

1) Reeza Hendricks
2) Saim Ayub
3) Rachin Ravindra
4) Usman Khan
5) Shadab Khan
6) Najibullah Zadran
7) Iftikhar Ahmed
8) Bracewell
9) Sam Curran
10) Abass Afridi
11) Matt Henry

Replace Sam Curran with Mitchell stark, He's been utter garbage

Where is Kohli in the list? His name goes first. He is been the biggest disaster.

1) Reeza Hendricks
2) Saim Ayub
3) Rachin Ravindra
4) Usman Khan
5) Shadab Khan
6) Najibullah Zadran
7) Iftikhar Ahmed
8) Bracewell
9) Sam Curran
10) Abass Afridi
11) Matt Henry

Kane Williamson should be in this team in place of Reeza Hendricks.

From each team, we should name 2-3 guys.

Let me start from Pakistan:

Saim
Iftikhar
Fakhar

still the top scorers. Cannot call them flop if you look at the team.
You do realise, this mindset, these excuses are the reason Pakistan has generally deteriorated in the last couple of years?

Shadab,Ssa ,umran almost entire team. But honours should go to openers as they are supposed to do normal stuff and they botched it .
But apparently the scored some runs against Canada and USA so you can’t call them flops

You do realise, this mindset, these excuses are the reason Pakistan has generally deteriorated in the last couple of years?
BRO, You should read my post. I said lets name 2-3 guys from each team... I named 2 -3 guys. Otherwise the whole Pakistan team is a flop unit, no doubt.

BRO, You should read my post. I said lets name 2-3 guys from each team... I named 2 -3 guys. Otherwise the whole Pakistan team is a flop unit, no doubt.
The 2-3 guys you should name should consist of Babar and Rizwan first.

From each team, we should name 2-3 guys.

Let me start from Pakistan:

Saim
Iftikhar
Fakhar
Australia

1) Tim David
2) Stark

England

1) Will Jacks
2) Sam Curran

New Zealand

Pretty much the entire team but if I were to handpick 2 then

1) Rachin Ravindra
2) Bracewell

SA

1) Reeza Hendricks
2) Klaseen( Suprisingly poor from him, hope he kicks off in the final)

India

1) Kohli
2) Pant (Played well in Pakistan game but otherwise been poor, Dube has been playing better)

Afghanistan

1) The entire Middle order

Pakistan

Pretty much everyone but if I have to pinpoint then

1) Chacha
2) Shadab

When u have started considering usa ,Canada as opposition 😀
Why not? Babar and Rizwan became number 1 and 2 beating teams that are slightly above or around their level. This is their competition. They are to B/C string sides and associates the way Top players of the world are against England, South Africa, India and Australia first teams

Pakistan

Pretty much everyone but if I have to pinpoint then

1) Chacha
2) Shadab
The 2-3 guys you should name should consist of Babar and Rizwan first.
This is the answer to your question. I don't think if I have to name 3 guys from Pakistan then I can ignore Iftikhar and Shadab and Fakhar just to name babar and rizwan, they were not that bad like the rest of the guys I mentioned.

This is the answer to your question. I don't think if I have to name 3 guys from Pakistan then I can ignore Iftikhar and Shadab and Fakhar just to name babar and rizwan, they were not that bad like the rest of the guys I mentioned.
Let’s name a Pakistan team for tomorrow, let’s imagine the World Cup is restarting. Everyone gets another go.

Name your XI.

Why not? Babar and Rizwan became number 1 and 2 beating teams that are slightly above or around their level. This is their competition. They are to B/C string sides and associates the way Top players of the world are against England, South Africa, India and Australia first teams
Even in that sense they should score their usual 50 .Bradman of t20 should have his avg.Bradman was called a failure for his 57 avg in body line series.

I didn't put fakhar here because even though shadab scored 46 in one game he costed games with his bowling and was a tail mostly at no 5.

Fakahar against India even if he got out early smacked a few sixes that put Pakistan at the top again. However rizwan, imad, chacha ended up botching it after. When fakhar came in rr was 7, when he left RR was 5. That's a valuable contribution that people neglect.

His team is carrying him.

He’s 100% a flop T20 opener. If he bats at 3, and then fails I would argue he has been a flop cricketer in general
Kohli is at the end of his t20 career and is turning 36.

2014-2016 kohli in t20 has achieved more then babar and rizwan ever will even though both of these 2 are supposedly suppose to be in the prime of their career.

Even if you factor how poor kohli's been in this tournament, the record holder is still babar for his 2022 performance.

I wouldn't call him a failed cricketer when he's already achieved so much in 16 years of his career.

Kohli is at the end of his t20 career and is turning 36.

2014-2016 kohli in t20 has achieved more then babar and rizwan ever will even though both of these 2 are supposedly suppose to be in the prime of their career.

Even if you factor how poor kohli's been in this tournament, the record holder is still babar for his 2022 performance.

I wouldn't call him a failed cricketer when he's already achieved so much in 16 years of his career.
I think he was hinted by Indian team management that they can only carry him in the side if he opens…and that’s why you saw him open for RCB with Jacks batting at 3. Realistically Jacks should have opened with Kohli holding it down at 3, but India obviously wants to add some power hitters knowing they will need them on these slow surfaces in the West Indies.

Sharma is just being a gentleman by not doing dropping Kohli whilst India have been winning. These two have mad respect for each other, I wouldn’t even be surprised if Kohli told Sharma that he can pull the trigger on him if it means India prevails. But Sharma will still back him, they owe Kohli a lot throughout the years!

We are taking about flop 11 for this tournament. Don't care about last events.

I think he was hinted by Indian team management that they can only carry him in the side if he opens…and that’s why you saw him open for RCB with Jacks batting at 3. Realistically Jacks should have opened with Kohli holding it down at 3, but India obviously wants to add some power hitters knowing they will need them on these slow surfaces in the West Indies.

Sharma is just being a gentleman by not doing dropping Kohli whilst India have been winning. These two have mad respect for each other, I wouldn’t even be surprised if Kohli told Sharma that he can pull the trigger on him if it means India prevails. But Sharma will still back him, they owe Kohli a lot throughout the years!
I don't really mind it. This is what people don't understand.

When a quality player fails, but you know for a fact that this will be their last world cup in this format, you obviously show proper respect for their services.

But overhere we have people who hate SKY with a passion but want to give Chacha his fairy tail send off 🤡

Jansen? What? His penultimate over is why SA won against Eng and had the chance to play Afg in the semi final. His runs at the end of WI game also helped.

Shaheen Shah Afridi's performance is the most surprising.

He is the most talented player Pakistan have & yet like many Pakistanis, flopped hard.

Back