Has Babar Azam destroyed the legacy of Pakistan Cricket?

hoshiarpurexpress

First Class Captain
Runs
From losing to USA.. To losing all test matches at home and worst performance of Pakistan in ODI WC.. Babar has done it all.
His questionable selections, selecting his friends and not giving more chances to some new players.
Has he destroyed the legacy of Pakistan cricket?

From losing to USA.. To losing all test matches at home and worst performance of Pakistan in ODI WC.. Babar has done it all.
His questionable selections, selecting his friends and not giving more chances to some new players.

The bigger culprit is the fake celebrity Shaheen. As the frontline bowler, his job is to take wickets, or in the very least, put pressure on the opposition batsmen. He’s doing neither. Instead, he’s leaking runs like a broken pipe and putting pressure on the rest of the bowlers. It doesn’t matter what format, he has consistently failed.

Before his tenure as an captain , pakistan team were played as a team even they were losing but after he becomes captain ,old pakistan is back with grouping , player's were/ Are not respected each other's , Dressing room fighting etc. He was backstabbed shaheen due to his greddyness.

He has destroyed pakistan cricket completely and now they are brink of minnow status.

Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen are the worst trio in history of Pakistan cricket.

One is the most overrated batsmen in history of Pakistan cricket.

The other is a con man pretending to be a cricketer.

The third is a wannabe who looks for the inswinging yorker and if it doesnt happen in 1st ball of the match the rest of the balls are 125 mph spin deliveries that no one cares about.

All 3 of them are holding Pakistan cricket hostage.

Yes, Misbah was clueless about ODI approach but at least he was good in Test strategy.

This is the worst period in Pakistan cricket history simply because Babar became bigger than the game.

Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen are the worst trio in history of Pakistan cricket.

One is the most overrated batsmen in history of Pakistan cricket.

The other is a con man pretending to be a cricketer.

The third is a wannabe who looks for the inswinging yorker and if it doesnt happen in 1st ball of the match the rest of the balls are 125 mph spin deliveries that no one cares about.

All 3 of them are holding Pakistan cricket hostage.

Yes, Misbah was clueless about ODI approach but at least he was good in Test strategy.

This is the worst period in Pakistan cricket history simply because Babar became bigger than the game.

Good points, though I might disagree with Rizwan notwithstanding his silly on field antics, that are quite frankly embarrassing.

But don’t forget the crazy agents. I feel like they have played a major role in where Pakistan cricket is at today.

I won't blame him to this extent.

I feel at one point he was covering the team's deficiencies by putting up runs. But he was playing a selfish brand of cricket and that has seeped into the rest of the team over the years. He would score slowly, but he would accumulate runs in most situations.

Since he's such a role model for the others, they all follow his methods.

Sadly for him, it all fell apart when his brutal captaincy caught up to him and he refused to improve or let go. Instead, he (or his team) built an entire PR shell around him that continued to praise and protect him as his captaincy flaws became more noticeable. They were citing batting stats when people were talking about his captaincy issues. Over time, he seemed to have bought into this hype which is why the situation with Shaheen happened through Naqvi and he grabbed the captaincy again.

He's definitely a big part of the issues but not the only part. The PCB is also to blame for many structural issues including how talent is being developed, the conditions in which these players train, and how meritocracy is handled at all levels of cricket.

Everybody has played their part including Babar Azam and certain other Messiahs sittting outside waiting for some conjuring

The power of Pakistan cricket was given to Babar Azam after Sarfraz was sacked , touted as next big thing got into his head . Babar Azam is perfect example of misusing player power . He is first captain to get everything he wanted . Captained 4 WCs with no favorable result . It had to end this way when you misuse your powers . Definitely a big culprit in downfall of Pakistan cricket

Misbah started the destruction of Pak cricket. In fact, I would go as far back as Inzamam in 2004 to the start of the decline. This is when Pakistan captaincy became reactive, defensive and devoid of ideas in testing conditions. Inzamam was lucky he had such an awesome team at his disposable. Arguably our best middle order ever, Shoaib when he was available and Gul/ Kaneria who did a workmanlike job.

But even then, without Shoaib we were sometimes very ordinary in the field like the 2006 tour of England. The only positive of that tour was Yousuf and at times Younis.

Disastrous 2007 World Cup.

Misbah then took it to another level of defensiveness but he was also gifted with some world class players like Younis and some very capable spinners. So the overall impression was that things weren’t too bad.

Now we get to the point where we have zero world class performers. The odd few players who may and a big may have some potential, but leadership which is even worse.

On top of that, we have these useless social media cheerleaders than push this babar-rizwan nonsense on us.

I would argue it’s the talented mr Ripley (Rizwan).

The dynamic of Babar and Rizwan can also be compared with the relationship of Annatar (Sauron) and Celebrimbor. Babar is Celebrimbor, and it’s funny how I am giving someone like Rizwan the status of Rizwan (Hahhahahahahaahhahaah), but this communion of one using the other for their personal agenda or goal was the thing that destroyed Eregion (Pakistan cricket).

I would argue it’s the talented mr Ripley (Rizwan).

The dynamic of Babar and Rizwan can also be compared with the relationship of Annatar (Sauron) and Celebrimbor. Babar is Celebrimbor, and it’s funny how I am giving someone like Rizwan the status of Rizwan (Hahhahahahahaahhahaah), but this communion of one using the other for their personal agenda or goal was the thing that destroyed Eregion (Pakistan cricket).
Rizwan the status of Sauron*

Babar won convincingly in SL last year.
Since then it's been 6-0 for Shan Masood.

More than Babar's captaincy it's the decline in his personal form that has affected Pak batting.

And preparation of dead wickets in Pak combined with ineffective bowling.
We won 2-0 under Babar against SA in 2021 on good surfaces.

Also I feel the turmoil withing the system has made the players more insecure than ever before

Babar won convincingly in SL last year.
Since then it's been 6-0 for Shan Masood.

More than Babar's captaincy it's the decline in his personal form that has affected Pak batting.

And preparation of dead wickets in Pak combined with ineffective bowling.
We won 2-0 under Babar against SA in 2021 on good surfaces.

Also I feel the turmoil withing the system has made the players more insecure than ever before
Who asked Babar to step down from Test captaincy?

Be very careful in trying to twist the narrative. Not with me lurking

As a neutral I'll tell you problems of Pakistan's cricket.

Main problem is FITNESS of players.
Very few are fit enough to play even 4 day cricket.
Babar Azam, Shaheen and Naseem need to work on their fitness as soon as possible.

Their 2nd biggest problem is selecting untested, raw and failed cricketers.
Shan Masood averaging 28 is the captain of Pakistani test team tells the whole story.
Players like Saim Ayub won't get selected in India's D team. And He is your opener 🤦🏻‍♀️

Third major problem is having no proper spinners. Constant selection of likes of Zahid Masood (36) and Noman Ali (40+) gives us idea about quality of spinners in Pakistan.

Fourth major problem is grouping. There is clear rift amongst the players. No one is playing for the country.

Fifth problem is pitches. PCB management is responsible for that, so i wont make comment on that.

Only solution to above problems is to realise the problem and do work on that.
Pakistan needs to build team from the scrap. They needs to drop some big names and do wholesome changes to team. No matter how they perform in next 2 years, but they need to invest in new players who performed decently in domestic. Shaheen, Babar, Masood and Naseem needs to go in county or domestic cricket.

Good luck to team Pakistan 👍🏻

Babar is still a top class batsman and PCT's best, just going through a bad phase.

Him not scoring runs exposed rest of Pakistani batting lineup. Not his fault that PCT doesn't have more batsmen of his calibre.

Misbah started the destruction of Pak cricket. In fact, I would go as far back as Inzamam in 2004 to the start of the decline. This is when Pakistan captaincy became reactive, defensive and devoid of ideas in testing conditions. Inzamam was lucky he had such an awesome team at his disposable. Arguably our best middle order ever, Shoaib when he was available and Gul/ Kaneria who did a workmanlike job.

But even then, without Shoaib we were sometimes very ordinary in the field like the 2006 tour of England. The only positive of that tour was Yousuf and at times Younis.

Disastrous 2007 World Cup.

Misbah then took it to another level of defensiveness but he was also gifted with some world class players like Younis and some very capable spinners. So the overall impression was that things weren’t too bad.

Now we get to the point where we have zero world class performers. The odd few players who may and a big may have some potential, but leadership which is even worse.

On top of that, we have these useless social media cheerleaders than push this babar-rizwan nonsense on us.
I don't really think you can blame Misbah. He was very poor in Lois true. But his test reign was probably the second best after the 80's to early 90's time for Pakistan. Undefeated in UAE. Series win away against Srilanka with Herath and Sanga, drawn series in England series win in West Indies for the first time, reached no 1 in test ranking. His only failure was in Australia and South Africa. That's a damn impressive record for a captain to have.

A captain who himself doesn't even deserve the place in the team is still insisting to keep Babar Azam in the XI and waiting for Babar's that "one knock" to get back in form. Not like Babar Azam has done anything mind blowing before going completely out of form in test cricket except for one fluke innings. I don't understand the mindset of this team, if you want someone to get back in form, you send him to domestic cricket to get it back, International cricket is a different level of game, you just cannot keep someone in the team because of his overhyped name. Well, Shaan Masood is turning out to be one clueless captain as well, even after losing 6 test matches in the row (3 of them at home), he doesn't wanna change anything. Keep losing then! Our all cannons are behind you now 👏 Congrats for the innings defeat, you deserve it!

Babar is still a top class batsman and PCT's best, just going through a bad phase.

Him not scoring runs exposed rest of Pakistani batting lineup. Not his fault that PCT doesn't have more batsmen of his calibre.
Babar in test? He had only scored on these dead pitches at home even earlier. He averages in mid 30s with 1-2 ton outside of these dead pitches.

Top class in test go big when playing away. A level higher would be greats of game and they go big against top teams in their den.

Babar destroying legacy of Pakistan is too simplistic. Without going into merit of this claim, no simple person can really destroy legacy. It will be a collective failure with admin playing the biggest part.

If I remember, PCB set up comes under direct supervision of politicians. Just breaking that link may help. Focus on structural problems and not on one player. Yes, he was unnecessay hyped and there may be some truth in claims that these flat roads were there to boost stats of Babar, but even then Pakistan's cricket won't be destroyed by one player.

Why Babar?? Where was the management? What is the management there for?
This is a massive failure of the management. I am no one to say Babar was right or wrong, but during all this what did the PCB do? Were they blind? In most countries players are driven by the Cricket Board, what happened in Pakistan?
By the way I am all for Babar to be rested given his performance in recent test matches, but blaming him for the chaos is unjustified. Babar definitely needs to play domestic, regain form and grind his way back to the team, if he wants to be there

Babar destroying legacy of Pakistan is too simplistic. Without going into merit of this claim, no simple person can really destroy legacy. It will be a collective failure with admin playing the biggest part.

If I remember, PCB set up comes under direct supervision of politicians. Just breaking that link may help. Focus on structural problems and not on one player. Yes, he was unnecessay hyped and there may be some truth in claims that these flat roads were there to boost stats of Babar, but even then Pakistan's cricket won't be destroyed by one player.
The person who destroyed the legacy of pakistan cricket is Misbah in 2019.

Plain and simple. He is the founder of this filth.

Yes naqvi, Wasim khan, ramiz and whoever came after damaged it more. But let's be honest, the founder, former ceo, or whatever is Misbah.

His decision to appoint rizwan as opener and Babar as captain and chacha as finisher.

His decision to make rubbish selections like Imam as t20 opener, Muhammad irfan a 37 year old vs Australia, The return of shehzad and UA etc etc, His decison to bring back nepo culture, His rubbish views on cricket to ensure pakistan is stuck in the 70's etc etc.

Misbah is not the sole cause of Pakistan's demise, but he is the founder.

Yes naqvi, Wasim khan, ramiz and whoever came after damaged it more. But let's be honest, the founder, former ceo, or whatever is Misbah.

His decision to appoint rizwan as opener and Babar as captain and chacha as finisher.

His decision to make rubbish selections like Imam as t20 opener, Muhammad irfan a 37 year old vs Australia, The return of shehzad and UA etc etc, His decison to bring back nepo culture, His rubbish views on cricket to ensure pakistan is stuck in the 70's etc etc.

And now Misbah will once again pose himself as the solution,

It’s the way this guy operates.

And now Misbah will once again pose himself as the solution,

It’s the way this guy operates.
He will use himself as the solution, and then months later will say I can't do anything. Rinse and repeat.

He will use himself as the solution, and then months later will say I can't do anything. Rinse and repeat.
See what Waqar Younis did? Just brought in his best mate from Pavilion and created a team that should have won the Champion’s cup so that they can once again fool public perception (it worked to some extent as people feel there is no one worthy to lead Pakistan besides Rizwan).

They are all in it together. Everyone knows who’s back to scratch. The whole system is effed beyond repair. This includes the influential journalists and social media teams that know how to push their narrative.

I was surprised to see him occupying several spots of singificance. Head Coach, Director, Chief Slector and what not. I think he held head coach and chief selector role at the same time, I am not sure I know any instance of anyone ever holding head coach and chief selector role at the same time. It's like wherever you look, Misbah was present and he wasn't some kind of genius during his playing days so it was puzzling.

I don't know if I can blame Misbah for all problems, but blaming him due to ominipresence in PCB set up is a lot more logical than blaming a player.

See what Waqar Younis did? Just brought in his best mate from Pavilion and created a team that should have won the Champion’s cup so that they can once again fool public perception (it worked to some extent as people feel there is no one worthy to lead Pakistan besides Rizwan).

They are all in it together. Everyone knows who’s back to scratch. The whole system is effed beyond repair. This includes the influential journalists and social media teams that know how to push their narrative.
Everyone pushes nonsense narratives and it's hilarious that people believe them.

Babar is no lesser then don bradman and is the greatest pakistani player of all time.

Misbah the Saviour, all time great who surpassed Inzimam, and is the greatest no 6 the pakistani world has ever seen, GOAT captain who led his team through the dark days and restored respect back to pak cricket.

Shan Masood: The karachi born hard headed and intelligent batter, the sophisticated English man who will usher in a new era like Mike Breadley

Rizwan: The best Pakistani wicket keeper of all time and the Bradman of t20, Perfect man to lead pakistan as he's a consistent finalist in psl and local leagues and is the most consistent crises man for pakistan. The Bradman of t20 followed by the Laxman of test and the gilchrist of odi.

Shaheen: 3rd greatest pakistani pacer of all time, They just cannot play him.

Naseem: Pretty boy, amazes the girls with his beauty while bowling on the offstump

Ramiz raja: the man who elevated Babar from decent to All time Great.

Naqvi: The 2nd surgeon of Pakistan cricket after Miandad

Chacha: Iftimania, one of the best modern era finishers for pakistan, A great find from Misbah.

Every bad player comes from Misbah and every good player like saud turns into rubbish as soon as Misbah gets a hold of them.

When I say that the whole system is beyond repair, it basically means that even if there is a positive coach or mindset that wants to do things in the right way…that coach or mindset will not be allowed to flourish by the treacherous, vicious system currently in play.

I’ll give you all one example. Apparently Gary Kirsten wants Mohammad Harris as a key/influential player in the white ball set up, he sees him as his leader going forward….

The guy is yet to even start this venture as a leader and you already have guys like Salman Butt on his case trying to bring him down questioning his ‘consistency as a performer’. Kirsten can’t see it but Butt can? Why is Kirsten looking to empower Harris and why are these arm chair experts trying to discredit Harris? Why is Kirsten in favour of letting a young, brave player like Omair Bin Yousuf continue to express himself but guys like Butt against their selection in the Pakistan Shaheens/emerging teams?

On one hand you have an experienced World recognised coach trying his best to bring the positive approach to your white ball game, and on the other hand you have a guy who is friends or well connected with the negative approach people already shutting him down? Why? Just why??

When asked who should be the actual captain of the Shaheens, Butt’s response was to make Haider Ali the captain…what consistent performances does Haider have that Harris doesn’t?

Babar obsession with PCT fans is like the obsession Indians had with SRT during 90s to the power of ten. Every single PCT fan social media account spends hours comparing, hyping, writing pages about how great he is. The hype is so much more than SRT. SRT had a lot of ability, skill and performance to back up the hype he got. Babar, at his best, is a good batsman who wouldn't induce sleepless nights in the oppostion camp. No team is worried or scared of him. Sure he will do well here and there and contribute to few match wins, but he is not even mid in terms of destructive power.. Obsession with his batting is derailing careers of some decent prospects in FC structure

Not destroyed really. He was never in the pantheons of Zaheer Abbas, Javed M, Inzi, Younis or Md. Yousuf to being with. Just a good marketing team behind him.

Back