Has Babar Azam hurt his long term reputation beyond repair by accepting the Pakistan limited over captaincy yet again?

Savak

Test Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
Sources claim the reason for the breakdown of Imad and Babar's relationship was because Babar put pressure on the Karachi Kings management to have him appointed the captain of the Franchise over Imad in 2022 even though Imad had led the franchise to victory in the 2020 tournament.

We have now seen Babar behave the same exact way with Shaheen. I don't even need to go into details over Babar's captaincy record and overall results from 2019 to 2023.

The PCB made him an offer but they were not putting pressure on him to accept it, they would have gladly accepted a No and moved on but Babar didn't even think twice, he went for the hail marry by putting forth his conditions i.e. I will only accept if I am given the captaincy in all formats, if I am given full selection powers, if I have a say in the appointment of the coach. He didn't even think twice over the repercussions and context of the situation i.e. he had just resigned as captain 4-5 months ago after being in charge for 4-5 years and instead of doing the right thing i.e. backing his successors in the role for the next 1-2 years, he had no qualms or shame in deposing them.

Even the usual Babar fan crowd on social media are acknowledging that the whole optics are not good at all, Babar should not have accepted the captaincy at this stage and the sensible thing to do right now was to decline it to support his successors.

True he should not have accepted the captaincy now.

There is an extra burden of pressure that he will have to carry again which will surely impact his batting performance and if it happens nobody will show any sympathy for his failures.

How can the reputation of a shameless person matter anyways? It doesn’t matter to him or his supporters

But they have problems with guys like me who support fixers who have served their time.

A post on twitter

I usually stay away from cricket politics because i find it rather dumb with all the fanwars, but Babar has shown an enormous amount of selfishness & emotional apathy here, that too with someone who stood by his side for years & performed for him in spite of injuries & bad form.

The pressure this time will be worse cause he’s acted like a snake to a teammate that passionately backed him during his captaincy.

The worst thing for a captain is when he loses the dressing room. We are all seeing what is happening with Pandya in the dressing room.

Babars second tenure is not going to be an easy bed of roses.

A few posts on twitter

If Virat Kohli was offered captaincy by India he would have enough self-respect to turn it down because he isn’t power hungry. Wish Babar Azam did the same. #PakistanCricket

Babar Azam should be ashamed of himself for damaging Pakistan Cricket. For Last 6 months, he was doing politics to regain his captaincy. Even his father & Family members involved in fights with Fans after Babar lost his Captaincy.
Babar Azam is worst thing happened to Pakistan.

Babar did nothing wrong. If you want to blame someone, blame PCB.

All of them are employees of PCB. If the boss wants you to lead the team that means he believes you are their best chance of success. Babar simply respected the wishes of the organization he works for.

Imagine lowering your own value and image by refusing your boss and telling him that he is wrong.

Babar did nothing wrong. If you want to blame someone, blame PCB.

All of them are employees of PCB. If the boss wants you to lead the team that means he believes you are their best chance of success. Babar simply respected the wishes of the organization he works for.

Imagine lowering your own value and image by refusing your boss and telling him that he is wrong.

While the PCB deserves a great portion of blame (a majority of it even), sporting culture is not the same as corporate culture.

These guys go on long tours together in a job that is heavily reliant on camaraderie and unity on the field under pressure.

While I hope there’s maturity shown from all parties, I have a strong feeling Babar is about to find out what leading a fractured and divided room involves.

It won’t be a fun time for him and he should have foreshadowed this.

Shaheen Afridi openly supported and backed Babar when Babar was being removed.

And now look how Babar took the job after Shaheen is being removed for posing pics with Imran

What Misbah did to Mickey after the 2019 World Cup is exactly what Babar has done to Shaheen. If there was any doubt for who Babar is, well this is one way to announce yourself as a snake, who only cares about serving your own interests.

There have been various rumours circulating regarding Babar demanding to be captain of all 3 x formats and to have a minimum term guarantee of 2 years. If any of this is true, then alarm bells should have been ringing for the PCB because this is nothing but a clear red flag staring at your face. How PCB can be so powerless or tolerate such shameless self-entitlement is beyond me.

Babar was never captaincy material and I've been saying for the last 5 or 6 years. You can see who's a leader and who's not a leader from a mile away.

Even with Darren Sammy's helping hand, he's been hopeless for Peshawar Zalmi. This is because he doesn't possess the problem-solving ability nor the instincts to be able to think quickly and respond to match situations whenever there are momentum shifts in favour of the opposition. You can visibly seen the panic on his face and you can tell from a mile away that he's not capable of regaining control of the contest, so we have seen time and time again, him letting matches slip away. This is exactly why he has to rely on individual brilliance. Sammy's post match interview, after the second eliminator, was a clear give away that he doesn't rate Babar's leadership.

Captaincy is one of those things, you're either have it or you don't. You can't make an uneducated individual with a low cricketing IQ become a tactical genius nor can you make a beta male a leader of a team. The bottom line is Babar has nothing going for him as captain. He's been tried and tested and has failed.

Pakistan has won 2 x ICC tournaments over the last 15 years with previous captains, who each had less than half of the time that Babar had in leading the side. He also holds the record low in the PSL for losing 9 out of 10 matches in an entire season.

Babar Azam and his fans are not the winners here. We all know how this will end for him. He ended up crying after the loss against Afghanistan in the 2023 WC. It's exactly what he deserved for effectively selecting his clique and excluding a number of players who were far more worthy of inclusion.

As I've said a number of times, his selfishness has already been exposed by Imad, Wasim Akram and Simon Doull. The only winners here are those who wish to see the downfall of Pakistan cricket. Amir, Imad and Shaheen shouldn't play under Babar, as a matter of principle, since he has nothing but disregard when it comes to serving the best interests of the Pakistan cricket team.

No he hasn't.

Captaincy struggles are part and parcels of Pak cricket.

People will forget and move on if he is successful. If he is unsuccessful then people will also forgot. That's the nature of Pakistan cricket

I don't like the way his family has openly celebrated though. That adds an extra sour note to the whole affair.

No he hasn’t
Brother yes he has, their literally riots now?

I expected another 50/50 drama but this time it's different.

This time shaheen was removed for posting pictures with someone who he felt was a cricket legend, he didnt know IK would be removed and branded a criminal.

And not only did babar not back shaheen, he also celebrated his removal on social media with his family. 💀.

No he hasn't.

People will forget and move on if he is successful. If he is unsuccessful then people will also forgot. That's the nature of Pakistan cricket

I don't like the way his family has openly celebrated though. That adds an extra sour note to the whole affair.
Everyone forgets eventually, but he won't be succesful at all.

Guarantee he'll have more animosity in the Pakistan dugout.

First thing that's going to happen is, Shaheen, Amir, Imad and many others who supported shaheen will walk out eventually.

No he hasn't.

Na bro, he has done damage.

Shaheen supported Babar and was being offered captaincy much earlier last year but he did not take it. For Babar he did a campaign that sochna mana hai, why? Because he knew that removing Babar as captain and taking it from him was not the right time and will effect the whole mood of the team.

After the World Cup Babar was going to be changed, Shaheen got the captaincy, yes he was no good as a captain, a young team got selected and they failed to win. Meanwhile, political **** is happening in the country and Shaheen shows support for Imran and he is well within his right to show it. There is no law that makes it illegal to support Imran no matter how much i may disagree with him.

Miandad has pics of him meeting and being seated with the Shiv Sena head, the biggest critic of Pakistan at the time and yet you cant stop him.

Compare the crime that Amir committed and the pic that Shaheen posted, tell me which is worse? Meanwhile Amir is being bought back in while efforts are being made to removed Shaheen as captain.

Had Shaheen been removed after a few series of bad performance as captain, I would not have issue, but the moment you remove the guy after one bad series and that to because of Imran Khan images, than you know its political.

There was no reason for Babar Azam to have taken the job. Times have changed, him taking the job now is backstabbing against his own player. Now the notion is, every man is for himself, because no one is going to back you.

If the Players can see that Shaheen was being removed for pics with imran, they should had done a walk out from Kakul, that would had made a big statement. Especially the senior guys should had done this.

Instead, the establishment played the same trick that they do with our politicians. Take a bone throw it in the crowd and let them fight over it, while the institution gets destroyed. I am very certain Rizwan was probably offered the job first but he didnt take it. Babar taking it, makes it look very bad.

From this moment forward, things will only get worse. If Babar wins an ICC trophy, Shaheen will always feel that it should had been him winning. There wont be any trust between team mates now, and the moment the bowlers will get hit for runs there are going to be events where the bowlers will get direct at Babar for setting up the stupid field. The respect for captain will be lost.

This is again going to be Wasim vs Waqar, and NO, that did not benefit Pakistan cricket.

Shaheen supported Babar and was being offered captaincy much earlier last year but he did not take it. For Babar he did a campaign that sochna mana hai, why? Because he knew that removing Babar as captain and taking it from him was not the right time and will effect the whole mood of the team.

After the World Cup Babar was going to be changed, Shaheen got the captaincy, yes he was no good as a captain, a young team got selected and they failed to win. Meanwhile, political **** is happening in the country and Shaheen shows support for Imran and he is well within his right to show it. There is no law that makes it illegal to support Imran no matter how much i may disagree with him.

Miandad has pics of him meeting and being seated with the Shiv Sena head, the biggest critic of Pakistan at the time and yet you cant stop him.

Compare the crime that Amir committed and the pic that Shaheen posted, tell me which is worse? Meanwhile Amir is being bought back in while efforts are being made to removed Shaheen as captain.

Had Shaheen been removed after a few series of bad performance as captain, I would not have issue, but the moment you remove the guy after one bad series and that to because of Imran Khan images, than you know its political.

There was no reason for Babar Azam to have taken the job. Times have changed, him taking the job now is backstabbing against his own player. Now the notion is, every man is for himself, because no one is going to back you.

If the Players can see that Shaheen was being removed for pics with imran, they should had done a walk out from Kakul, that would had made a big statement. Especially the senior guys should had done this.

Instead, the establishment played the same trick that they do with our politicians. Take a bone throw it in the crowd and let them fight over it, while the institution gets destroyed. I am very certain Rizwan was probably offered the job first but he didnt take it. Babar taking it, makes it look very bad.

From this moment forward, things will only get worse. If Babar wins an ICC trophy, Shaheen will always feel that it should had been him winning. There wont be any trust between team mates now, and the moment the bowlers will get hit for runs there are going to be events where the bowlers will get direct at Babar for setting up the stupid field. The respect for captain will be lost.

This is again going to be Wasim vs Waqar, and NO, that did not benefit Pakistan cricket.

Siqander Bakht was the assistant Pakistan coach for the 2003 ODI WC. He confirms that Wasim tried very hard to lobby with the PCB and the team to have him appointed as captain over Waqar but the PCB couldn't because the ICC stepped in and said no.

Wasim was very frustrated by the situation and Siqander Bakht apparently over heard him comment "Dekhta hoon ke kaise geedtah hai yeh". What followed was an absolutely disastrous WC campaign, the worst of our history.

I do agree that Shaheen shouldn't have been removed as captain. I also agree that Babar shouldn't have accepted it ( unless he spoke to Shaheen and got the all clear).

All I am saying is that this is Pakistan man. Power struggles don't dent a person's reputation beyond repair amongst the masses.

Siqander Bakht was the assistant Pakistan coach for the 2003 ODI WC. He confirms that Wasim tried very hard to lobby with the PCB and the team to have him appointed as captain over Waqar but the PCB couldn't because the ICC stepped in and said no.

Wasim was very frustrated by the situation and Siqander Bakht apparently over heard him comment "Dekhta hoon ke kaise geedtah hai yeh". What followed was an absolutely disastrous WC campaign, the worst of our history.
Wasim Akram was still Pakistan’s best player in that tournament though

Babar shouldn't have accepted. SSA should have stayed as captain( even with his poor Form and tactical ineptitude) because Chang like this is the kind of thing that destroys even average teams. But Babar isn't entirely to blame, the mafia clowns are hell bent on destroying everything

To be honest, it's like inviting trouble unnecessarily. Babar Azam's career wasn't coming to an end. He should have stayed away from captaincy for at least 1 or 2 years and focused on honing his skills. After that period, he could have taken up the captaincy, and he would have gotten the captaincy eventually.

If you recall the tragic events of oathgate the following players were named

Mohammad Yousuf - is now a selector lol
Younis Khan - has held roles in PCB but ended up fighting with everyone
Shoaib Malik - active player and active "player" ifykyk
Naved-ul-Hasan - not sure
Shahid Afridi - played for ages and has held positions in the board
Kamran Akmal - board positions
Umar Akmal - he is a bit slow and became a meme
Inzimam ( oath meeting happened in his house) - former CS.

These guys did something worse than Babar and have held major positions in the PCB.

If they can still have enough of a reputation to run cricket in the country then you can see how the chance of Babar who is the ladla of Pak cricket fans will remain unscathed too as he has done something less in comparison. Remember that the board approached him.

If you recall the tragic events of oathgate the following players were named

Mohammad Yousuf - is now a selector lol
Younis Khan - has held roles in PCB but ended up fighting with everyone
Shoaib Malik - active player and active "player" ifykyk
Naved-ul-Hasan - not sure
Shahid Afridi - played for ages and has held positions in the board
Kamran Akmal - board positions
Umar Akmal - he is a bit slow and became a meme
Inzimam ( oath meeting happened in his house) - former CS.

These guys did something worse than Babar and have held major positions in the PCB.

If they can still have enough of a reputation to run cricket in the country then you can see how the chance of Babar who is the ladla of Pak cricket fans will remain unscathed too as he has done something less in comparison. Remember that the board approached him.
Oath taking was not a bad thing. People often go gagga over it, but the players were right.

Younis was a crazy maniac when given powers and did not know how to lead a team. Even till this day, all the players tell Younis Khan was very angry and always fighting over nonsense.

Oath taking was not a bad thing. People often go gagga over it, but the players were right.

Younis was a crazy maniac when given powers and did not know how to lead a team. Even till this day, all the players tell Younis Khan was very angry and always fighting over nonsense.
Proper process wasn't followed and players conspired to undermine their leader and in the process hurt the team..but all the players including the crazy maniac Younis have went on to play and serve in the board.

Compare oath gate to what Babar has done and you will see why Babar will remain ok.

Proper process wasn't followed and players conspired to undermine their leader and in the process hurt the team..but all the players including the crazy maniac Younis have went on to play and serve in the board.

Compare oath gate to what Babar has done and you will see why Babar will remain ok.
i get your pov.

I think it will all depend how Shaheen reacts. There were rumors that he could take retirement, so lets see.

I will address the first part of this post because I have already addressed the rest numerous times in different threads.

Babar was completely justified to pressurize KK into making him captain because it was completely stupid and ridiculous that the national team captain wasn’t a captain of one of the 6 franchises.

Name a single league in the world where the captain of the national is not leading a franchise?

Furthermore, Imad was given the chance to defend the title in 2021 but KK lost in the play-offs and Imad’s performance was shocking. He was one of the worst players in the tournament that year and a liability with both bat and ball.

Imad is a rubbish captain who was nothing without Babar’s runs. When Babar left for PZ and Imad got the captaincy back, he had a golden chance to prove that the success of his captaincy wasn’t dependent on Babar’s runs.

However, he got exposed big time without Babar and finished second last and ironically, one position below Babar’s PZ.

Bobby's career will just be on more jeopardy now.

Shaheen leaving saya just means more and more people in the dugout will disrespect him now.

You people haven't done any favours to your favourite player. 😂😂, don't know why you're acting as if it's a victory.

Babar's career would be secure if he remained as a player only.

Root was a terrible test captain who lost 14 out of 15 games. Everyone knew the writing was on the wall.

Stokes was in line for the captaincy and when Root stepped down, Stokes asked Root on two seperate occasions for his full blessing before he proceeded. Bearing in mind that Root stepped down and had enough sway in English cricket to stick around a bit more if he wanted. But even then Stokes went and checked with him.

Now compare that with Babar, especially against Shaheen. Poor guy backed him fully when babar was getting slated and this is what he gets. He wasn’t even consulted, rumours flying round about Babar discussing captaincy and instead he’s making outlandish demands.

I never support snakes. Misbah did this to Mickey and now Babar has officially joined him in selfishness for a his own power.

If Babar had any shame he would have rejected the offer as soon as he was asked to lead again. He was pretty much sacked and was an awful captain and now he accepts it straight away. State of our country as whole tbh.

Rohit captained MI for a decade.

Babar had never captained in PSL until he replaced Imad.
I should have added that your point made sense in the context of what you wrote. I should have acknowledged the context too.

It is mind blowing that Rohit plays u der Pandya. It didn’t help that Pandya was treating Rohit tha national captain and most successful IPL captain in the field like a donkey in the first game. Now every day Pandya and MI lose is a good day for me personally.

I’m sorry if I overestimated your ability to understand context. Then again, I would need to drop 30 IQ points to get to your level so it is my fault and I would like to apologize for it.
Drop as many as you want, let’s say my IQ is as good as 10,

What you wrote above is still horse…

If pcb did make him an offer and Babar asked for total control in selection and coach then why did pcb not retract the offer.

I should have added that your point made sense in the context of what you wrote. I should have acknowledged the context too.

It is mind blowing that Rohit plays u der Pandya. It didn’t help that Pandya was treating Rohit tha national captain and most successful IPL captain in the field like a donkey in the first game. Now every day Pandya and MI lose is a good day for me personally.
I would blame MI more than Pandya.

Pandya was captain of GT who finished champions and runner ups on his watch.

Pandya was only going to come back to MI if he was offered captaincy.

Pandya is India’s premier fast bowling all-rounder but MI didn’t really need him and he wasn’t worth putting Rohit in this awkward position.

There’s a good chance Rohit leaves next season.

Why ask rhetorical questions
You are not supposed to do anything. You have already done a good job of showing how you are only interested in trolling.
OK, I don’t understand why you are getting agitated? You asked a question and I gave you an honest answer.

I think we blame players too much for these sort of things. Babar did nothing wrong, if he got offered captaincy he can accept. Same with players who stay on too long, they shouldn’t have to forcibly drop themselves, it is there choice to whether they should retire or not. It’s up to selectors and management to drop them.

Babar is an ambitious guy. It’s part of the reason he’s such a good player. He’s going to want captaincy. That’s not his fault. The fault is giving captaincy back to him.

If it was an honest answer then I feel bad for you because I didn’t take you for someone who had special needs.

Sorry, there is no franchise league in the world where the national team captain isn’t a captain of a franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey don't you disrespect the twighlight movies, if they never happened, we wouldn't be getting THE BATMAN.

Babar = The Batman

You either die a hero as a member of the Bacha Party or live long enough to see yourself become the biggest heel in Pakistan cricket :yk

Sorry guys, there is no league in the world where the national team captain isn’t the captain of a franchise…

That’s what Mamoon has said and that’s what is supposed to be true.

Babar is like NWO Hogan, Amir is Kevin Nash and Imad more like a Scot Hall.

Shaheen is Ric flair of that era in this situation

@BunnyRabbit

Babar is like NWO Hogan, Amir is Kevin Nash and Imad more like a Scot Hall.

Shaheen is Ric flair of that era in this situation

@BunnyRabbit
Nah Shaheen is the Randy Savage that Hogan just did his leg drop on.
Meanwhile "Sting" Shadab is injured and is forced to watch the whole thing from the roof. :ROFLMAO:

@Mamoon you finished with the insults. Maybe you should read up on the medieval Arabic poetry from around 5th/6th century. They have some insults that really hit hard. You can try them on me too.

Nah Shaheen is the Randy Savage that Hogan just did his leg drop on.
Meanwhile "Sting" Shadab is injured and is forced to watch the whole thing from the roof. :ROFLMAO:

Ah I had Azam Khan as my Sting, can you imagine him coming down the rafters, it kinda makes sense because he aint walking down the ramp

Brother yes he has, their literally riots now?

I expected another 50/50 drama but this time it's different.

This time shaheen was removed for posting pictures with someone who he felt was a cricket legend, he didnt know IK would be removed and branded a criminal.

And not only did babar not back shaheen, he also celebrated his removal on social media with his family. 💀.
No one will remember this in a weeks time.

Pakistan cricket has endless dramas ready to replace the last one in people’s memory.

Bobby's career will just be on more jeopardy now.

Shaheen leaving saya just means more and more people in the dugout will disrespect him now.

You people haven't done any favours to your favourite player. 😂😂, don't know why you're acting as if it's a victory.

Babar's career would be secure if he remained as a player only.
Shaheen didn’t leave Saya, that was just something made up by falsely by people online saying he removed Saya from his Instagram bio.

@Rana posted about it then corrected himself about this already when he checked the Instagram himself and saw Shaheen never even took it out of his bio

Ah I had Azam Khan as my Sting, can you imagine him coming down the rafters, it kinda makes sense because he aint walking down the ramp
And Azam Khan becomes Owen Hart while making his first entrance as Sting. 5 crybabies cry and blame Babar, Rizwan, Misbah and Inzi for it as well. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

With time people forget all. There was drama like this in the 90s as well.

Just that, you want to move forward. Our cricket, we seem to take one step forward, then 2 steps back. We never truly move forward.

On the flip though, maybe Babar should have never been removed. Micky Arthur backed him. And Micky knew he was on his way out. There was no reason for Arthur to back him knowing he's on his way out, if he thought he was trash.

It could be that the board realized the previous interim made a massive mistake. They'd been giving Babar 4 years to develop and become better at a task. A task that Micky seemed to think Babar had taken on well enough. Maybe they want to see that out.

Really I feel for SSA. Deserved better. That's Pakistan cricket. We treat all our best players like trash at one point or another.

With time people forget all. There was drama like this in the 90s as well.

Just that, you want to move forward. Our cricket, we seem to take one step forward, then 2 steps back. We never truly move forward.

On the flip though, maybe Babar should have never been removed. Micky Arthur backed him. And Micky knew he was on his way out. There was no reason for Arthur to back him knowing he's on his way out, if he thought he was trash.

It could be that the board realized the previous interim made a massive mistake. They'd been giving Babar 4 years to develop and become better at a task. A task that Micky seemed to think Babar had taken on well enough. Maybe they want to see that out.

Really I feel for SSA. Deserved better. That's Pakistan cricket. We treat all our best players like trash at one point or another.

If this was debated in court, the lawyer debating in favour of removing Babar Azam would have a field day over arguments against those in favour of retaining him.

Also Shaheen loves Babar :klopp

He’s upset at PCB for releasing a statement without his permission which he has every right to be.

Let me tell you what’s going to happen:

Tomorrow Shaheen will meet with Naqvi. Naqvi will apologize for the statement that was released. PCB will issue an apology for sending the statement out and say it was some kind of error or miscommunication. Shaheen will then release his own statement saying he’s happy to serve under Babar. And Shaheen will continue his career as our premier fast bowler and one of our biggest stars.

Shaheen didn’t leave Saya, that was just something made up by falsely by people online saying he removed Saya from his Instagram bio.

@Rana posted about it then corrected himself about this already when he checked the Instagram himself and saw Shaheen never even took it out of his bio
Oh, fair.

Tbh I don't really use Instagram that much. I'm in marketing so I have to use the platform, but I don't bother checking profiles unless I have to.

Oh, fair.

Tbh I don't really use Instagram that much. I'm in marketing so I have to use the platform, but I don't bother checking profiles unless I have to.
Yeah so far everything is just rumors and some outright false rumors.

All we know for sure is PCB released a statement in Shaheen’s name without his permission. Shaheen was upset by this, which he has every right to be. And now Naqvi is going to the camp to meet him tomorrow.

@BunnyRabbit you seem to want to get into a feud like this is a wrestling storyline. I have the screenshot of that post of yours. Also the comments of people that were disgusted by it.

I would let bygones be bygones, but if you insist on trying to banter, make fun of either me or my friends, I can share it?

No one will remember this in a weeks time.

Pakistan cricket has endless dramas ready to replace the last one in people’s memory.
This is true but sad. We have a t20i series against Ireland and things might get messy there. I hope Pak doesn't end up losing the series to Ireland.

All we know for sure is PCB released a statement in Shaheen’s name without his permission. Shaheen was upset by this, which he has every right to be. And now Naqvi is going to the camp to meet him tomorrow.
Why would shaheen get mad about a statement though?

And why would naqvi go to the camp to meet him.

Brother no offence but something is up.

Their is no reason for shaheen to get mad over a statement that supports his team if it's made public and no reason for naqvi to meet him.

It's too sus, it's more like naqvi is meeting shaheen to silence him and change his story.

This is true but sad. We have a t20i series against Ireland and things might get messy there. I hope Pak doesn't end up losing the series to Ireland.
If we lose the series to Ireland we may see Shaheen’s return :ROFLMAO:

Seems like PCB is trying to induce infighting in the camp right now. They knew pretty well how this would go down. If they hadn't seen it through, then they are even worse than people have been calling them out to be.

Why would shaheen get mad about a statement though?

And why would naqvi go to the camp to meet him.

Brother no offence but something is up.

Their is no reason for shaheen to get mad over a statement that supports his team if it's made public and no reason for naqvi to meet him.

It's too sus, it's more like naqvi is meeting shaheen to silence him and change his story.
Because he never said those words and PCB are saying he did. It’s unethical to attribute a statement to someone when they never said it and you did not even check with them if it was okay to post that in their name.

He’s not mad at the statement, he’s mad that he was quoted as saying something he never said without his permission.

If this was debated in court, the lawyer debating in favour of removing Babar Azam would have a field day over arguments against those in favour of retaining him.
That's fair, but the issue is those who made that decision, were not supposed to. In fact, Micky should be the director. There was even reports out there who the chairman at the time should not be removing captains and coaches. Yet he did. He end up costing us even more - because they probably paid Hafeez some significant money to coax him into coaching.

The bottom line is there has been a lot of issues bigger and worse than Babar as captain. Based on SSA's level in the last 6 months, I don't think he was the right choice. It seemed the right choice was probably Rizwan, who maybe doesn't want to get involved in this mess (and is smart enough to know once he captains, fails, then he's shown the door first, scapegoat number 1).

For me I think it as follows. Did we downgrade in captains? Nah. SSA didn't look like much of an upgrade. That doesn't mean I agree with this. The way it was handled, SSA, you feel for him. But SSA should have never been captain to begin with. Not with the team we have at the moment. SSA should be captain of a young team, with a lot of players like him or younger. He can't lead a team where Rizwan, Babar, Ifti, Shadab are all part of the equation. It just doesn't work that way in Pakistan cricket.

Because he never said those words and PCB are saying he did. It’s unethical to attribute a statement to someone when they never said it and you did not even check with them if it was okay to post that in their name.

He’s not mad at the statement, he’s mad that he was quoted as saying something he never said without his permission.
Okay so he never said those words correct?

Also Shaheen loves Babar :klopp

He’s upset at PCB for releasing a statement without his permission which he has every right to be.

Let me tell you what’s going to happen:

Tomorrow Shaheen will meet with Naqvi. Naqvi will apologize for the statement that was released. PCB will issue an apology for sending the statement out and say it was some kind of error or miscommunication. Shaheen will then release his own statement saying he’s happy to serve under Babar. And Shaheen will continue his career as our premier fast bowler and one of our biggest stars.
Cricinfo new reporting on the situation.

From the article:

“Afridi was incensed by a statement containing words which were neither approved nor said by him, and ESPNcricinfo understands the PCB acknowledged to the player that an internal error had been made on the board's part. Though Afridi continues to feel the manner of his sacking was neither fair nor transparent, it is understood relations with Babar - a long-time close friend of Afridi's - remain strong.

Back