Hassan Nisar [Merged!]

Mr. Yasser Hamdani wrote that the speech is in Jinnah Papers

In Jinnah papers the source is given is below

Source: G.W. Choudhury 1967, p.19-22 and R. Ahmad 2002 (Vol VI) p.355-366 (Original appears in Dawn, Hindustan Times, Morning News and Leader, 12th August 1947; and in Star of India, Pakistan Times and Civil & Military Gazette, 13th August 1947)

Indian sources we don't accept also Mr. Yaser Latif Hamdani agrees to that. So we will talk about the other sources.

Why won't you accept Indian sources? The Hindu, which YLH mentions in his article, is a fine newspaper. Besides, the Indians love painting us as overly religious and what not, and themselves as proudly secular. Why would they promote a speech professing a contrary view?

Mr. Yaser replied to the main claim so I will not write about it.

Secondly Orya Sahab said that Dawn started its publication from Karachi 15 th August 1947. How come they have printed the speech 3 days before on 12th August. Is this a valid question? Mr. Yaser didn't replied to this.

So one main Pakistani source down.

What about Pakistan Times and the Civil and Military Gazzette? Dawn's Pakistan edition started on August 15. Dawn itself had been around since 1942. Reading Ada's article, it would seem that Dawn did not exist in any way before August 15.

Thirdly Orya Sahab says that no record of the speech with All India radio (not a recording and not a handout of the speech). As All India was recording and broadcasting the all the events but they only missed this one. Is this a valid question? Mr. Yaser also didn't replied to this. Maybe All India Radio experiencing load shedding at that time also.

The recording is lost in the labyrinthine archives. Efforts are afoot to bring it home. The latest is that they may be in the Nehru libraries. Even if they're found, Mr. Ada will insist it is a forgery. Furthermore, the references to the speech in the Indian assemblies must've also been made up by those crafty Hindus.

Then Orya Sahab also said that the claim people make that this speech was not published at that time because the pressure of establishment ( the Civil Military bureaucracy) . Orya Sahab writes that Civil Military establishment who were made and were following all the British setup from the training to work ethics. Where Alcohol was served as a menu in governmental function were against the publishing of this speech as if they wanted to make Pakistan as per Islamic Shariah. Is this a valid question? But unfortunately Mr. missed to reply on this also.

If a man fond of a tipple can be Quaid-e-Azam, and another can be Prime Minister presiding over the passing of the Objectives Resolution, then surely the establishment can be interested in not publishing it.

Then Mr. Yaser writes that he talked to Dr Akbar S Ahmed and he said “Jinnah did give the speech. I researched it in the course of my Jinnah quartet. The issue of Islamic versus secularism is a false binary. What Jinnah said on August 11 about an inclusive state is perfectly Islamic.”

Did Mr. Yaser also told Dr Akbar S Ahmed that Orya Sahab also wrote that even though there is nothing in those words which goes against the basic principles of Islam (Same what Dr Akbar S Ahmed said as per Mr. Yaser). Orya Sahab furhter adds that in his view a cautious personality like Muhammad Ali Jinnah saying this is doubtful because Mr Jinnah would always use his words very cautiously & wisely.

If they are so uncontroversial, why is the right-wing hell-bent on proving the speech never took place, if they are so much in line with the basic principles of Islam?

So out of 4 claims on August 11th 1947 speech Mr. Yaser took only one as he was able to write about it.

So if you call this debunking by Yasser Latif Hamdani of the column of Orya Maqbool Jan then what I can say more.

He also discusses Ada's references to Selena Karim's book and how he was off the mark on that one.

For all those interested, here is YLH's article:

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/opinion/13-Jan-2014/orya-maqbool-jan-s-attack-on-jinnah

Can you please link to the article by Mr. Ada from that thread only you post to?

Although he narrates deplorable situation of our society as a whole but sometimes i just can't stop my laugh for his bluntness and straightforwardness.

Surprisingly he is silent on all this Azadi n Inqelaab March no column since Aug 11 no TV appearance and no tweet as well may be because he is associated with Jang group but has a soft corner for :imran therefore because of his employers he has to remain quiet though he is not that type of person anyother PPer has some update plz share [MENTION=58539]waqar goraya[/MENTION]

^ He is in the States but he had his share to say about N league and his perception of current democratic system at APPNA conference which you can find on his facebook page.

Hassan Nisar dropping some truth bombs

First of all, I would like to comment on the video posted in the opening post. This thread is now about seven months old and I remember rolling on the floor after watching this back then itself, and the same happened to my friends I shared this video with.

He owned them:bow::14:!

Surprisingly he is silent on all this Azadi n Inqelaab March no column since Aug 11 no TV appearance and no tweet as well may be because he is associated with Jang group but has a soft corner for :imran therefore because of his employers he has to remain quiet though he is not that type of person anyother PPer has some update plz share [MENTION=58539]waqar goraya[/MENTION]

^ He is in the States but he had his share to say about N league and his perception of current democratic system at APPNA conference which you can find on his facebook page.

Aap dono´n ke moonh mey´m mitthai for mentioning this! Check his tweets. He is back since four hours or so now and has started his PML-N bashing trend:msd.

Actually this was awesome! And urdu spoken by everyone sounds so good

Surprisingly he is silent on all this Azadi n Inqelaab March no column since Aug 11 no TV appearance and no tweet as well may be because he is associated with Jang group but has a soft corner for :imran therefore because of his employers he has to remain quiet though he is not that type of person anyother PPer has some update plz share @<a href="http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/member.php?u=58539" target="_blank">waqar goraya</a>

Great analyst Hassan Nisar is i love his way of talking no fake covers to hide bitter truths

He is on fire in his latest column. In it he is probably giving sh!t to fellow columnist Javed Chaudhry and definitely to politician Javed Hashmi.

HasanNisar_20140923_col1.jpg
HasanNisar_20140923_col1a.jpg

Nisar sahib is extremely educated, whether you agree with him or not.

His recent Mere Mutabiq on Sept 21 was epic. He went ballistic on Bilawal Bhutto.

"Daisoon daisoon lagaye rakhi hai" :))

I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it. Top comedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasan Nisar: Ye jo mere bhai Saad Rafiq ha inka mun shitar murgh ki tarah mitti mei dab chuka ha ..... He said this after the Lahore Jalsa

Chullu bhar paani mein doobney ke liye toh fir bhi haya chahiye.. Dekhiye kitna acha mauka hai.. That line was pretty good :D

Btw, what does Daisoon mean?

Chullu bhar paani mein doobney ke liye toh fir bhi haya chahiye.. Dekhiye kitna acha mauka hai.. That line was pretty good :D

daisoon daisonn mean the sounds when donkey speaks ...

in urdu we call dhainchoo dhainchoo

Yup he said lahore or punjab main aaye sailaab ke paani main doob merte. btw Diasoon is a sindhi/seraiki word which means dena in urdu (giving) Bilawal said Diasoon daisoon sindh na daisoon which means sindh nae denge this is a famous sindhi sentence sindh nationalist use whenever there is a talk of dividing sindh into 2 or more provinces.

His recent Mere Mutabiq on Sept 21 was epic. He went ballistic on Bilawal Bhutto.

"Daisoon daisoon lagaye rakhi hai" :))

I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it. Top comedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is he not seen him on TV regarding his POV on Peshawar incident any updates :13:

Link for English version possible?

That's written in Urdu unfortunately but got the videos of his latest tv shows if you can understand Urdu?

Today

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2d4t9e" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yesterday

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2d1lh2" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even I can't read that Urdu what is written in that photo I can only understand 'Zalzala aye toh fouj'

Hassan Nisar is a great analyst.He speaks the truth which people cannot handle.

Hassan Nisar dropping some truth bombs

He was very well known intellectual long before PTI became popular, he has always criticised traditional politicians the same he is doing now. He has had soft corner for MQM and also respects Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto. More recently he has appreciated Imran Khan but also criticises PTI on Taliban stance, ticket distribution etc. Mubashar Luqman has never been a PTI supporter, he is just anti Sharifs and will support whoever stands against them, won't be surprised if Luqman starts criticising PTI more than any other journo.

I don´t know much about his stance on the MQM to be commenting much, but very recently, let´s say two-three months ago or so, I saw him blasting Zulfikar Ali Bhutto on Dunya TV or something. I was quite amazed the way he was talking about Bhutto, which not many do in the media nowadays due to his god-like status over the years. From what I remember, the topic discussed was the creation of Bangladesh from East Pakistan.

You have made an excellent observation on Mubashar Lucman. He is a friend of nobody and his primary agenda is anti-PML-N, and I myself can see him suddenly turning into a critic of the PTI.

I don´t know much about his stance on the MQM to be commenting much, but very recently, let´s say two-three months ago or so, I saw him blasting Zulfikar Ali Bhutto on Dunya TV or something. I was quite amazed the way he was talking about Bhutto, which not many do in the media nowadays due to his god-like status over the years. From what I remember, the topic discussed was the creation of Bangladesh from East Pakistan.

You have made an excellent observation on Mubashar Lucman. He is a friend of nobody and his primary agenda is anti-PML-N, and I myself can see him suddenly turning into a critic of the PTI.

He appreciates ZAB on most issues except creation of Bangladesh and some others but doesn't really support PPP as ZAB is now history. His support for MQM was due to their leadership being educated middle class as he hates traditional politicians with passion. Mubashar is an opportunist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its really absurd if someone is comparing a loud mouth like Mubashar with a genuine intellectual HN

People who prefer to live in denial and delusion may dislike HN as he is a realist and speaks of the actual ground realities.

Loved listening to him on Dawn News today where he was interviewed

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2hcguu" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Development

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x51tyt0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haven't been following him or political shows in general for a while

It's funny. I was more into shows and analyst commentaries when I was abroad than now that I'm back

What a chitrol of princess by Hassan Nisar!

<iframe width="540" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6TaGRF22ZlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a chitrol of princess by Hassan Nisar!

<iframe width="540" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6TaGRF22ZlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

how come Geo still has him on after all these years eventhough he keeps giving chitrol to Noora league day after day?

how come Geo still has him on after all these years eventhough he keeps giving chitrol to Noora league day after day?

I guess they invite him in this program to show that see we are not a pro PMLN channel although everyone sitting in the show except HN is getting 2 salaries one from PMLN and another one from Geo.

I did a blunder by leaving PTI when it started i thought it had only those NGO type leaders and there was no future. I had thought that PTI was like a movie and it would fail after every launch but i was wrong : Hassan Nisar

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I did blunder by leaving PTI. I had thought that PTI was like a movie and it would fail after every launch but i was wrong- Hassan Nisar <a href="https://t.co/xmjFpjwmuf">pic.twitter.com/xmjFpjwmuf</a></p>— Ali Raza (@AliRazaTweets) <a href="https://twitter.com/AliRazaTweets/status/981189179458629632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 3, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For those who don't know when PTI started back in 1996 Hassan Nisar was it's first info sec

I did a blunder by leaving PTI when it started i thought it had only those NGO type leaders and there was no future. I had thought that PTI was like a movie and it would fail after every launch but i was wrong : Hassan Nisar

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I did blunder by leaving PTI. I had thought that PTI was like a movie and it would fail after every launch but i was wrong- Hassan Nisar <a href="https://t.co/xmjFpjwmuf">pic.twitter.com/xmjFpjwmuf</a></p>— Ali Raza (@AliRazaTweets) <a href="https://twitter.com/AliRazaTweets/status/981189179458629632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 3, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For those who don't know when PTI started back in 1996 Hassan Nisar was it's first info sec

Those NGO type leaders he was referring to are the ones that are pretending to be nazriyati now.

Those NGO type leaders he was referring to are the ones that are pretending to be nazriyati now.

Because they lost the value they enjoyed in this party when it was just a tanga party and poor IK himself was sitting in every talk show and was visiting every constituency trying to attract UC level politicians.

Back