Have 'Boom Boom' dropped Afridi and Fawad's sponsorship?

It would be amazing if they drop Afridi LOL.

Both are still featured on the website, I guess a lot of players use different bats in the nets or they use these bats but cover them with Boom Boom stickers in the match.

Afridi should have trademarked/licensed (I don't know the term :p ) 'Boom Boom' and thus even if dropped, would have been receiving royalties :))

But these are training kits?, and why will Boom Boom drop Afridi, without Afridi there is no Boom Boom

I never see Ponting suddenly start practising with CA bats or Tendulkar with with Boom Boom bats. Why do only Pakistani players do these kind of things? Isn't it better to use the equipment you are going to use in matches?

Btw, which 'shot' is Fawad shaping up to play? Can't be in any coaching-manual:vicky

Or his stance. Or his trigger-movements/shuffle. Or his intended cover-drive which ends up going straight back to the bowler.

But aside from mere trifles such as all that, he's a quality batman.

---------------

And this guy is the future of Pak batting and the most hyped Pakistani batsman since Hanif sahab himself.

:facepalm:

Because he's realised that Boom Boom bats are nothing special? No idea what Ihsan are playing at

But aside from mere trifles such as all that, he's a quality batman.

---------------

And this guy is the future of Pak batting and the most hyped Pakistani batsman since Hanif sahab himself.

:facepalm:
\

aarey yar... If technique matters that much, why did :amin fail to make any runs? He's a "SUPER"man for you just cuz he had good technique??

Jo banda runs bana bhee raha hai, you go against him.. chordo yaar Fawad ke jaan! :sami

\

aarey yar... If technique matters that much, why did :amin fail to make any runs? He's a "SUPER"man for you just cuz he had good technique??

Jo banda runs bana bhee raha hai, you go against him.. chordo yaar Fawad ke jaan! :sami

Umar Amin doesn't have a good technique, it's just an illusion because he looks good when he bats. It's not the same as having a good technique.

And yes, technique does matter at Test-level. That's the reason why Inzi, Yousuf and Younus have been our best Test-batsman. They have a good, basic technique with no obvious flaws.

Umar Amin doesn't have a good technique, it's just an illusion because he looks good when he bats. It's not the same as having a good technique.

And yes, technique does matter at Test-level. That's the reason why Inzi, Yousuf and Younus have been our best Test-batsman. They have a good, basic technique with no obvious flaws.

From what I have read from that thread "classy left hander" thread was that most people supporting him said that he has a great technique. They say he will eventually make runs just because of that good technique...Did he?:amin

and secondly..Inzi used to shuffle across like Fawad does...but he is one of Pakistan's greatest batsman..

Temperament matters more in Tests rather than technique. Inzi, Moyo, and Younus all had it...and So DOES Fawad.

Has anyone considered the fact that the players themselves might have dropped BoomBoom contracts because of more money from other manufacturers?

From what I have read from that thread "classy left hander" thread was that most people supporting him said that he has a great technique. They say he will eventually make runs just because of that good technique...Did he?:amin

and secondly..Inzi used to shuffle across like Fawad does...but he is one of Pakistan's greatest batsman..

Temperament matters more in Tests rather than technique. Inzi, Moyo, and Younus all had it...and So DOES Fawad.

To be honest, Inzi didn't shuffle like Fawad. Never. His head was perfectly still when the ball was being released - hence his ability to play the ball late.

Fawad's head is all over the place, and he is falling to much over to the off-side. I agree that temperament is important, but so is technique. You must have both to succeed.

To be honest, Inzi didn't shuffle like Fawad. Never. His head was perfectly still when the ball was being released - hence his ability to play the ball late.

Fawad's head is all over the place, and he is falling to much over to the off-side. I agree that temperament is important, but so is technique. You must have both to succeed.

True. But it works for him right? Over time he will gain experience and start getting better.. We just need to stick with him with a little coaching here and there. as long as he makes runs, hes good for Pakistan.

True. But it works for him right? Over time he will gain experience and start getting better.. We just need to stick with him with a little coaching here and there. as long as he makes runs, hes good for Pakistan.

Yes, to a certain extenct (domestic-cricket). I think he can become a good batsman in ODI's atleast.

Because he's realised that Boom Boom bats are nothing special? No idea what Ihsan are playing at

Do you think they are actual 'Boom Boom' or 'Ihsan' bats?

Salman Butt is sponsored by Adidas and I know when he was in UK he got Newbery bats.

Do you think they are actual 'Boom Boom' or 'Ihsan' bats?

Salman Butt is sponsored by Adidas and I know when he was in UK he got Newbery bats.

ishan make the boom boom bats, sialkot shopping website says it.

salman was using old addidas bats from 2008/09. addidas have changed there stickers since that, as you could see no other english player had butt's bat.

Has anyone considered the fact that the players themselves might have dropped BoomBoom contracts because of more money from other manufacturers?

u go into a contract for some time u cnt just drop your sponsor

ishan make the boom boom bats, sialkot shopping website says it.

salman was using old addidas bats from 2008/09. addidas have changed there stickers since that, as you could see no other english player had butt's bat.

Bhai, I know Ihsan makes Boom Boom stuff. I never said they don't make it.

Its not old stickers. They were 2010 model whereas soon they will start using bats with 2011 stickers. There are few and one of them which is on top of my head is Ian Bell. He also uses Incurza, check it out;

http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-bangladesh-2010/content/image/466631.html?object=9062;page=1

i was looking through the training pictures today and noticed both

:afridi was using his old buber sher bat
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/105768883/AFP

:fawad was using a totally new kit by SF. gloves, pads, bat included.
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/105868365/AFP

links to the pictures included

can someone confirm if and why boom boom dropped them?

Afridi had never used Bubber Sher with these stickers in past, hence, you can't call them "old".

Fawad Alam's bat is of SS not SF.

Since this is not international match I don't think its necessary to use there sponsor bat. However, in an international match it is must for them to use there sponsored company stuff if not then they cover up the logo of other brands.

I don't think you can drop contract yourself. I think its the company who drops it or you have to complete the tenure.

Umm, if the contract period is over, isn't it the players wish whether they would want to sign a new contract or not?

I never see Ponting suddenly start practising with CA bats or Tendulkar with with Boom Boom bats. Why do only Pakistani players do these kind of things? Isn't it better to use the equipment you are going to use in matches?

Check out Hayden bats which are on the ground.

Who knows player might resticker there training bats to there sponsor bats and use them in the games

Attachments

• 83552899.jpg
    83552899.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 678
Check out Hayden bats which are on the ground.

Who knows player might resticker there training bats to there sponsor bats and use them in the games

You know too much, Cover Drive.:inti

But isn't it better to atleast use the 'softs' you are going to use in a match so you get used to them and comfortable with them? And this can't be good for Boom Boom as a company that the player they have sponsored don't find their equipment good enough for net-practice, or?

You know too much, Cover Drive.:inti

But isn't it better to atleast use the 'softs' you are going to use in a match so you get used to them and comfortable with them? And this can't be good for Boom Boom as a company that the player they have sponsored don't find their equipment good enough for net-practice, or?

I wish I knew a lot.

I don't think it matters to player that much. I mean I have seen players in match using two different type of gloves. For instance, if a batsman opened his innings and was using traditional style gloves later as his innings progresses I have seen him using a split design gloves. So I guess they are pretty much comfortable with everything they have in there kit bags. Again it could be that they are probably saving there pads life so they can use them in the international games.

Yes, thats pretty obvious, but I was wondering, maybe theres a chance their contract periods are over?

Actually its the players agent who find sponsorship contracts, endorsement etc. However, if they get more value contract then they will move to other company.

However, as far I know what company do is that each player has an account with the company and in that account there are given credit which is around £2000-£4000. So you buy your stuff (equipment) from that account and the price which is deducted is RRP price. If they exceed and have used all the credits on there account they will then have to pay from there pockets to buy whatever they wish to.

On top of that players are paid to endorse the brand which depends how big player you are.

Lots of inaccuracies posted here about Boom Boom and also kit contracts will give my thoughts later.

Actually its the players agent who find sponsorship contracts, endorsement etc. However, if they get more value contract then they will move to other company.

However, as far I know what company do is that each player has an account with the company and in that account there are given credit which is around £2000-£4000. So you buy your stuff (equipment) from that account and the price which is deducted is RRP price. If they exceed and have used all the credits on there account they will then have to pay from there pockets to buy whatever they wish to.

On top of that players are paid to endorse the brand which depends how big player you are.

Thanks, you really are very knowledgeable in this mashAllah

Seemed to be alright in the Asia Cup didn't they. Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt he smash 2 centuries in that tournament.

As far as the bats are concerned. The make of the bat does not correspond more often than not with the stickers on the bat.

So to put it simply, the bat make could be xyz, but the stickers could be jkl.

Boom Boom can source some brilliant bats, they're not all made by Ihsan I think are a few other sources all of whom are reputable batmakers .

Nets is always a grey area in a player contract, it doesn't say explicitly they have to use their sponsors gear in nets. They are however paid to endorse/use their said manufacturers equipment and thus it is expected that they use the correct equipment at all times, particularly when there is a possibility of being photographed. Player do like to try each others kit out though, hence why you'll occasionally see players swinging other brands of bats about.

Contracts are usually signed for a year minimum. There is however an upcoming trend of players using bats for particular tournaments, namely the IPL and Champions League.

Termination cannot just happen because you want to leave, remember there is a contract in place. There are of course clauses under which you can terminate, which can range from gross misconduct (failure of drugs test, matchfixing etc) to the brand going into liquidation. Another popular termination clause I've seen is non-supply of kit.

It's interesting Afridi, Alam and Amir have all stopped using Boom Boom in nets. And of course the reasons are unbeknown to us. But as you can see from my above post there could be any number of reasons for it and come the next game they may be using Boom Boom.

Boom Boom can source some brilliant bats, they're not all made by Ihsan I think are a few other sources all of whom are reputable batmakers .

Nets is always a grey area in a player contract, it doesn't say explicitly they have to use their sponsors gear in nets. They are however paid to endorse/use their said manufacturers equipment and thus it is expected that they use the correct equipment at all times, particularly when there is a possibility of being photographed. Player do like to try each others kit out though, hence why you'll occasionally see players swinging other brands of bats about.

Contracts are usually signed for a year minimum. There is however an upcoming trend of players using bats for particular tournaments, namely the IPL and Champions League.

Termination cannot just happen because you want to leave, remember there is a contract in place. There are of course clauses under which you can terminate, which can range from gross misconduct (failure of drugs test, matchfixing etc) to the brand going into liquidation. Another popular termination clause I've seen is non-supply of kit.

It's interesting Afridi, Alam and Amir have all stopped using Boom Boom in nets. And of course the reasons are unbeknown to us. But as you can see from my above post there could be any number of reasons for it and come the next game they may be using Boom Boom.
Thanks!

If you look at the following two pictures for example of Shahid Afridi during the ODI series against England he is using Boom Boom pads in third ODI whereas in fourth ODI he is using CA pads.

Pictures;

(3rd ODI) http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-pakistan-2010/content/image/477563.html?object=42639
(4th ODI) http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-pakistan-2010/content/image/477978.html?object=42639

So why is that? If you this does it mean you are violating your sponsored company's contract which you have signed? Could you get fined by doing this?

They're taped over so he's not endorsing another brand and usually with permission from the brand owner it is allowed.

TBH the majority overlook coloured pads. As they're not easy to source quickly for brands, and difficult to keep stock.

They're taped over so he's not endorsing another brand and usually with permission from the brand owner it is allowed.

TBH the majority overlook coloured pads. As they're not easy to source quickly for brands, and difficult to keep stock.

Yeah but it is wired thinking how you are wearing Boom Boom pads in one ODI and aren't wearing it other one.

Why is not easy to stick coloured pads? Brands surely order them in bulk and probably get enough so they don't run out as its only the sponsored players who will be using coloured pads.

Don't players have like 2-3 pair of pads or they get greedy and don't use the credit on there account lol

\

This.
Any thread whose title mentions Fawad's name turns into a haters vs supporters thread even if it has nothing do with his performance!

Afridi had never used Bubber Sher with these stickers in past, hence, you can't call them "old".

Fawad Alam's bat is of SS not SF.

Since this is not international match I don't think its necessary to use there sponsor bat. However, in an international match it is must for them to use there sponsored company stuff if not then they cover up the logo of other brands.

Exactly.
They probably use these bats (which they are using in training sessions) in international matches too, but just cover up these 'SS' and 'babber sher' logos by a Boom Boom logo.

Nets is always a grey area in a player contract, it doesn't say explicitly they have to use their sponsors gear in nets.
Spot on.

And thats whats happened in this instance.

One question - who makes bats for Boom Boom?
Is it Ihsan or Malik? Or someone else?

Spot on.

And thats whats happened in this instance.
Is that confirmed?

Its unusual and something I've never seen before for 2 players from the same country to stop using their brand in nets and actually change their full kit. I suppose they may have already couriered their Boom Boom stuff to the UAE.

One question - who makes bats for Boom Boom?
Is it Ihsan or Malik? Or someone else?

As far I know it is Ihsan who makes Boom Boom bats.

Is that confirmed?

Its unusual and something I've never seen before for 2 players from the same country to stop using their brand in nets and actually change their full kit. I suppose they may have already couriered their Boom Boom stuff to the UAE.

Not really, Afridi is still using Boom Boom gloves. It could be true that they might have couriered there Boom Boom stuff to UAE.

Are they Boom Boom gloves? I haven't previously seen them in that colourway.

Yes they are. I don't think they were released when the golden and red ones were released. These gloves (blue one) were spotted during England ODI series when Alam used them first.

Yes they are. I don't think they were released when the golden and red ones were released. These gloves (blue one) were spotted during England ODI series when Alam used them first.
The gloves Alam wore and Afridi is wearing are different. Afridis appear to be a navy with black and no circle logos.

The gloves Alam wore and Afridi is wearing are different. Afridis appear to be a navy with black and no circle logos.

Yes, they are different. It could be that Afridi gloves are old model whereas Alams are latest. The logo on Afridi gloves is the one when Boom Boom first came in market and at that time around Afridi was the only one who they had signed. Check out this picture;

http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/content/image/445370.html?object=42639

The logo on the above gloves and on blue gloves both are same. Hence one can conclude that the one Afridi is wearing (Blue ones) are old design compare to Alams which are latest.

Hope it made sense.

Contract mean two parties (player + sponsor ) are agree on some terms & conditions(payment,time and etc etc.).
This contract will be end on complete or breach of terms and conditions.

So the wait is over now. Afridi is not dropped by Boom Boom sponsorship and this was seen that he used Boom Boom gear in first T20I Pakistan vs South Africa.

(Bat stickers are not clearly visible due the shot being played but he is using a Boom Boom stickered bat)

Attachments

• Shahid Afridi boom Boom.jpg
    Shahid Afridi boom Boom.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,405

Would Alam be in trouble now? I mean logo of CA pads is not covered at all.

Attachments

• FA1.jpg
    FA1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 760
Personall, if they're wearing an other brands pair of pads AND we've supplied them our own pair which haven't broken/split and are the correct colour then we'd discuss with the agent and warn them if they're key to the brand/drop them if not.

I cannot comment on Boom Boom's procedures though.

I guess it's pretty much same procedure for all brands.

I know his agent is in UAE, whereas there are three other players in the side who are also sponsored by Boom Boom. So if he wanted he can use there pads if not then atleast gloves.

Lets see what he wears in upcoming matches (if he plays).

Thanks for replying though

He previously used same pads I had last season SF powerbow. He did put a boom boom logo on the SF pads.

And Afridi continues to use 'Non-Boom Boom stickered' bats in practice session. CA looks like his team mates (Misbah Ul Haq or Younis Khan) whereas I believe he uses MB Malik Bubber Sher LE because many pictures show him using MB LE in training whereas no one in squad is using MB LE (painted).

Attachments

• Afridi - 1.jpg
    Afridi - 1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 681
  • Afridi - 2.jpg
    Afridi - 2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 667
  • Afridi - 3.jpg
    Afridi - 3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 726
  • Afridi - 4.jpg
    Afridi - 4.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 637
All player have stricker changed for matches they stick to their bat maker and put stricker when they are with different maker contract. They get paid per match not for year so they can change sponser between series as well, Mohammed yousaf:moyo contract in 2003 was cancelled by Malik because he was ordering bats 2 to 3 in month and then selling them.
:malik used to have vampire bats nad he kept using them while he was under contract with Malik.

Sometimes it is pretty obvious to recognize that batsman are using other bats than there sponsors. Usually the stamp hints it out.

Mind elaborating more how you know Yousuf sold his bats ?

Sometimes it is pretty obvious to recognize that batsman are using other bats than there sponsors. Usually the stamp hints it out.

Mind elaborating more how you know Yousuf sold his bats ?

I m from the city of bats and every ine from sialkot who knows cricket circuits will tell u about it. Owner of malik sports is mate enough said

Back