"I didn't expect them to bat like idiots" : Geoffrey Boycott

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Geoffrey Boycott (Ex-England batsman on BBC Test Match Special)

"450 from where they where - India might have thought they'd get 500. England would have been reasonably pleased."

"I was saying 'bat well' and don't give them too big a lead, 400 with a 50-lead. I didn't expect them to bat like idiots."

He is not happy!

I dont think anyone expected this sort of capitulation.

England missed a massive opportunity in the first game.

On these mine fields even a good asian batting would struggle vs indian spinners, than what chance the no clue pommies have.

Cook got a great ball, wasn't a lot he could do about that.

Root threw his wicket away, again. A lot of people criticise Warner for that but don't get on Root's case for it when he's just as bad.

Then there was the run out.

On the balance of things I think Boycott's correct, but scoreboard pressure makes a docile pitch much more dangerous.

Cook got one of those deliveries and Hameed got run out. A combination of bad batting + some bad luck.

Anyhow, both Pakistan and England got thrashed today. Bad, bad day for me. Should go for an early night's sleep I guess.

Cook got one of those deliveries and Hameed got run out. A combination of bad batting + some bad luck.

Anyhow, both Pakistan and England got thrashed today. Bad, bad day for me. Should go for an early night's sleep I guess.

but India had a good day , so some solace for you :)

Duckett' selection baffles me, clear technical flaw against the off spinner, bowl him one on middle that'll spin to off and he'll always either edge it or get bowled with his angled bat. Root played well but then threw it away, Hameed was unlucky to get run out, Cook got owned lol.

Lets see what Bairstow and Stokes can do tomorrow.

Eng should have tried winning the first game. They were thumb sucking despite being in super dominant position.

This pitch was not doing much on 2nd day. 100 for 5 is a poor score. Hopefully, they can put some runs otherwise India will run away with this test very quickly.

Maybe he was talking about Pakistan as well.

Just a matter of time before India wrap the match up. Having won the tos then batted so well the English were always going to be under pressure.

Back