I train here, I play here & I hang out here

KashifJ

Debutant
Runs
Feel incredibly blessed with top class cricket facilities right next door to me … just sharing some photos from ICC academy. I train here, I play here & I hang out here … If I am not at home this is where I am reachable :))

Photos are self explanatory, but please feel free to ask anything

430540_254183157991459_105177462892030_566324_1922255691_n.jpg

429518_254183634658078_105177462892030_566332_851168294_n.jpg

429498_254184017991373_105177462892030_566340_816101110_n.jpg

427574_254183861324722_105177462892030_566337_1903690099_n.jpg

427283_254183091324799_105177462892030_566323_1992852873_n.jpg

426497_254183594658082_105177462892030_566331_227446224_n.jpg

426027_254184297991345_105177462892030_566342_1444852560_n.jpg

425164_254184447991330_105177462892030_566343_444308597_n.jpg

424082_254183931324715_105177462892030_566338_1987188803_n.jpg

is it free???

how's the local taluuuunt?

any PHAAST bowlers? :shoaib

i wish i had a facility like that near my home, all we have here is Hooters and StripClubs :(
:asif
sad, boring life i tell u

Wow! :O

Amazing, I must say you're extremely fortunate to have all this :)

Brilliant MashAllah!

I wish I had this really :(

is it free???

how's the local taluuuunt?

any PHAAST bowlers? :shoaib

i wish i had a facility like that near my home, all we have here is Hooters and StripClubs :(
:asif
sad, boring life i tell u

Nothing is free in this world bro :) ... but facility worth every penny !
Local talent is immensely broad, lot of expats (obviously); some very very strong teams and individuals; lot of ex-pro (county/first class etc.) ... and yes lot Phasst bowlers :))

Wow! :O

Amazing, I must say you're extremely fortunate to have all this :)

Brilliant MashAllah!

I wish I had this really :(

Jazakallah Khair bro ... its dream come true bro !

Nothing is free in this world bro :) ... but facility worth every penny !
Local talent is immensely broad, lot of expats (obviously); some very very strong teams and individuals; lot of ex-pro (county/first class etc.) ... and yes lot Phasst bowlers :))

Jazakallah Khair bro ... its dream come true bro !

You might not be comfortable but if you don't mind can I ask you out of curiosity how much is monthly/annual fee to join that?

You guys can't practice at the world wide pitches which are outdoor?

No need to tell if you are not comfortable with it.

You might not be comfortable but if you don't mind can I ask you out of curiosity how much is monthly/annual fee to join that?

You guys can't practice at the world wide pitches which are outdoor?

No need to tell if you are not comfortable with it.

Not an issue bro :)

I am part of coaching program for over 18 squad; our coach is Sir Muddassar Nazar. I paid ~900 USD for whole course, which covers 24 sessions (1 session of 1.5 hr per week) with the coach, includes video analysis, briefing sessions, batting/bowling/fielding techniques etc.

In addition to above, facility can be rented for nets:

Indoors: Fast Bowling wicket, Batting Wicket, Spin Wicket. It costs about 55 USD per hour for each lane. Bowling machine cost additional 21 USD per hour
Outdoors: These are true turf wickets: Pakistani wicket, WACA, GABA, English & Cement. It costs about 95 USD per hour for each lane (cement costs same as indoor)

Yes we train/use indoor & outdoor wickets for practices etc. We also play matches here, facility can be rented for Oval+Umpires+Scorer+Electronic Score Board etc. Both Ovals have Pakistani & Australian wickets

Not an issue bro :)

I am part of coaching program for over 18 squad; our coach is Sir Muddassar Nazar. I paid ~900 USD for whole course, which covers 24 sessions (1 session of 1.5 hr per week) with the coach, includes video analysis, briefing sessions, batting/bowling/fielding techniques etc.

In addition to above, facility can be rented for nets:

Indoors: Fast Bowling wicket, Batting Wicket, Spin Wicket. It costs about 55 USD per hour for each lane. Bowling machine cost additional 21 USD per hour
Outdoors: These are true turf wickets: Pakistani wicket, WACA, GABA, English & Cement. It costs about 95 USD per hour for each lane (cement costs same as indoor)

Yes we train/use indoor & outdoor wickets for practices etc. We also play matches here, facility can be rented for Oval+Umpires+Scorer+Electronic Score Board etc. Both Ovals have Pakistani & Australian wickets

JazaakAllah Khair for insightful post, I appreciate it!

$900 for a coaching program which last over course of 6 months (correct me if I'm wrong) is brilliant in my opinion. It is quire reasonable and considering the facilities, coaching etc you get it is definitely worth each and every single penny.

Ah okay, so indoors is pretty much like here. Over here one hour of indoor lane is $20-$25 while bowling machine is extra $5-$10 which is not bad but we just have concrete surface and just a mat on it so we don't have options and varieties like you fortunate people do :)).

Outdoors sound fun, imagine you using Screaming Cat in WACA :))

So your matches which are played there, are they part of your coaching program with Mudassar Nazar one or that is of a club or you're in a ICC GCA club team?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

JazaakAllah Khair for insightful post, I appreciate it!

$900 for a coaching program which last over course of 6 months (correct me if I'm wrong) is brilliant in my opinion. It is quire reasonable and considering the facilities, coaching etc you get it is definitely worth each and every single penny.

Ah okay, so indoors is pretty much like here. Over here one hour of indoor lane is $20-$25 while bowling machine is extra $5-$10 which is not bad but we just have concrete surface and just a mat on it so we don't have options and varieties like you fortunate people do :)).

Outdoors sound fun, imagine you using Screaming Cat in WACA :))

So your matches which are played there, are they part of your coaching program with Mudassar Nazar one or that is of a club or you're in a ICC GCA club team?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Yes I find it quite reasonable considering the level of facilities … and don’t forget, coaching is done by Muddassar Nazar ! Yes, session started in Octoer’11 will finish in Mar’12 … but is once per week; we get 2 weeks off after 8
sessions.

Definitely, outdoors are the best place for practice … it just like match environment. Obviously bro, no compromise on Scat when batting outdoor Aussie wickets ;-)

No the matches are not part of the program (so far); although yesterday he said he’ll organize us to play a match to check us out while playing etc. But we rent out the place for our matches here; I have played lot of matches with my own team + as guest player for other teams. Additionally, ICC also organizes lot of league tournament (indoor & outdoor); we played this tournament last year and Inshallah this year too !

No worries bro, ask as much you want :)

Yes I find it quite reasonable considering the level of facilities … and don’t forget, coaching is done by Muddassar Nazar ! Yes, session started in Octoer’11 will finish in Mar’12 … but is once per week; we get 2 weeks off after 8
sessions.

Definitely, outdoors are the best place for practice … it just like match environment. Obviously bro, no compromise on Scat when batting outdoor Aussie wickets ;-)

No the matches are not part of the program (so far); although yesterday he said he’ll organize us to play a match to check us out while playing etc. But we rent out the place for our matches here; I have played lot of matches with my own team + as guest player for other teams. Additionally, ICC also organizes lot of league tournament (indoor & outdoor); we played this tournament last year and Inshallah this year too !

No worries bro, ask as much you want :)

Once again JazaakAllah Khair for your insightful reply :).

MashAllah, it is a brilliant program I'm jealous LOL! I wish I was in UAE or could come for that program :)).

I think SCAT will enjoy more playing on Aussie pitches too! :D

Ah okay, sahi so do you mind telling me how much does your club or team pays to play a 50 over match at ICC GCA?

Once again JazaakAllah Khair for your insightful reply :).

MashAllah, it is a brilliant program I'm jealous LOL! I wish I was in UAE or could come for that program :)).

I think SCAT will enjoy more playing on Aussie pitches too! :D

Ah okay, sahi so do you mind telling me how much does your club or team pays to play a 50 over match at ICC GCA?

:D

Normally Oval is rented for 4 hours; we do 25 Over per side match; both teams split the cost.

1100 USD – Oval only (no umpires, no electronic score board, no scorer, no balls, no drinks)
1200 USD – Oval + Package deal (includes: 2 ICC umpires, 1 scorer, 2 balls, 2 concrete nets before the game 30 minutes, changing rooms)
1360 USD – Oval with floodlit and package deal (includes: 2 ICC umpires, 1 scorer, 2 balls, 2 concrete nets before the game 30 minutes, changing rooms)

Electronic Score card: 84 USD (additional)

:D

Normally Oval is rented for 4 hours; we do 25 Over per side match; both teams split the cost.

1100 USD – Oval only (no umpires, no electronic score board, no scorer, no balls, no drinks)
1200 USD – Oval + Package deal (includes: 2 ICC umpires, 1 scorer, 2 balls, 2 concrete nets before the game 30 minutes, changing rooms)
1360 USD – Oval with floodlit and package deal (includes: 2 ICC umpires, 1 scorer, 2 balls, 2 concrete nets before the game 30 minutes, changing rooms)

Electronic Score card: 84 USD (additional)

Is that per match/game or for whole season?

wow those prices are decent the place i went to had 5 indoor nets (synthetic) only a 8m run up and it cost $50 for an hour of coaching, what is up with Australia being overpriced for everything

wow those prices are decent the place i went to had 5 indoor nets (synthetic) only a 8m run up and it cost $50 for an hour of coaching, what is up with Australia being overpriced for everything

My small brother lives in Melbourne; he played for a local club (donno the name); he said its quite easy out there, facilities are free to be used :33:

Wow!!! Amazing facilities...u r really lucky KashifJ...if u dont mind, can you tell us where this is located in Dubai??

Wow!!! Amazing facilities...u r really lucky KashifJ...if u dont mind, can you tell us where this is located in Dubai??

ICC Acedemy / ICC Head Quarters are located in Sports City - Dubai. This is very close to Dubai International Cricket Stadium. Our acedemay is always used by international teams while playning in Dubai. Addiiotnally, ICC qualifiers are also held here

ICC Acedemy / ICC Head Quarters are located in Sports City - Dubai. This is very close to Dubai International Cricket Stadium. Our acedemay is always used by international teams while playning in Dubai. Addiiotnally, ICC qualifiers are also held here

Nice...the only one I remember in Dubai 5-6 years ago is the one they had in Aweer where the local leagues matches were played which had outdoor net facilities too...will try to check out this facility the next time I am there...looks super cool :D

Nice...the only one I remember in Dubai 5-6 years ago is the one they had in Aweer where the local leagues matches were played which had outdoor net facilities too...will try to check out this facility the next time I am there...looks super cool :D

You'll be amazed how Dubai has evolved in 6 years ... Btw, Sevens (or Rugby Sevens) is another very nice cricket venue; its bit far from the main city but half expensive then ICC !

KashifJ bhai Im coming to get you :yk

Aajja bro ... more the better :)

Oh acha for one game it is pricey. So I guess cost is halved, correct?

Yes its pricy for 1 game but totally worth it; yes we split the cost in both teams normally. Plus some of the teams are corporate sponsored, so guys don't pay from their pockets :D

We also play at another very nice venue called Sevens; its half the price but bit far from main city … Playing at ICC is sheer class, wickets are so nice, and ground is true Oval shape. You cannot beat the feeling when you hit a good shot and see it traveling down along the ground on slope to hit the fence; epic !

Yes its pricy for 1 game but totally worth it; yes we split the cost in both teams normally. Plus some of the teams are corporate sponsored, so guys don't pay from their pockets :D

We also play at another very nice venue called Sevens; its half the price but bit far from main city … Playing at ICC is sheer class, wickets are so nice, and ground is true Oval shape. You cannot beat the feeling when you hit a good shot and see it traveling down along the ground on slope to hit the fence; epic !

Ah okay, then it is fine I guess :))

Oh next time you go to Sevens don't forget pictures :D

Yaar app sahi baat nahi kartay, yeh bolo ''..when you hit a shot from Screaming Cat and see it traveling down along the ground on slope to hit the fence; epic !'' :D On top of that Australian shirt even better!! Amazing MashALlah!

At last, nothing is expensive for cricket for us pagals :))

Ah okay, then it is fine I guess :))

Oh next time you go to Sevens don't forget pictures :D

Yaar app sahi baat nahi kartay, yeh bolo ''..when you hit a shot from Screaming Cat and see it traveling down along the ground on slope to hit the fence; epic !'' :D On top of that Australian shirt even better!! Amazing MashALlah!

At last, nothing is expensive for cricket for us pagals :))

Righthly pointed out bro ;-)

Yep, nothing is expensive for true cricket nut cases :D

not if you want proper coaching bowling machine and stuff

not if you want proper coaching bowling machine and stuff

You mean guys can use the facility for nets etc. (without bowling machine) for free? … That would be super kool; all you need at least 2 nut cases to do the nets :D

But Still dubai Is unable to produce talent like pakistan...

Facilty sa kuch nahi hota talent honaa chaahiya talent...

Back