ICC CT 2017 | England [310] beat New Zealand [223] by 87 runs

Abdul

ODI Debutant
Runs
England Squad

EJG Morgan*, MM Ali, JM Bairstow, JT Ball, SW Billings, JC Buttler†, ST Finn, AD Hales, LE Plunkett, AU Rashid, JE Root, JJ Roy, BA Stokes, DJ Willey, MA Wood

New Zealand Squad

KS Williamson*, CJ Anderson, TA Boult, NT Broom, C de Grandhomme, MJ Guptill, TWM Latham, MJ McClenaghan, AF Milne, JDS Neesham, JS Patel, L Ronchi†, MJ Santner, TG Southee, LRPL Taylor

Whoever loses is probably out.

And lol if this is rained out...

Last edited:
Whoever loses is probably out.

And lol if this is rained out... Schedule better or host tournaments elsewhere, sick of seeing matches in England being rained out.

If England lose and win against Australia they are through.

If NZ lose and Win against BD and If Australia lose to England then NZ go through.

How BD can progress to semi?

If England beat NZ and Australia ,
and Bangladesh beat NZ, then Bangladesh qualify.

If England lose to NZ but defeat Australia, then Bangladesh beat NZ by a certain margin, Bangladesh qualify for semis.

London has had massive rainfall this morning and it's still heavy as we speak. I'd be very surprised if we get play at all.

England should win both against NZ and Australia and then your guys need to beat NZ..then u guys will be through

Even if England lose to NZ, Bangladesh can qualify if they defeat NZ.

Because Bangladesh and NZ would still be on 3 points each.

Bangladesh should hope for a NZ win today, it's their best chance.

Bangladesh won't be winning against newzealand their bowling lineup is worst in the tournament along with srilanka

If England beat NZ and Australia ,
and Bangladesh beat NZ, then Bangladesh qualify.

If England lose to NZ but defeat Australia, then Bangladesh beat NZ by a certain margin, Bangladesh qualify for semis.

So,we have to support Eng in two matches and win against NZ.

London has had massive rainfall this morning and it's still heavy as we speak. I'd be very surprised if we get play at all.

Should start on time but it's about midday where it could become stop-start.

If England win today, then they will be on 4 points

And if Australia win against England, Australia will also be on 4 points

Which makes NZ Bangladesh match inconsequential, thus best would be for NZ to win today from BDs perspective.

If NZ win today then Australia England match will be a knock out.

The outfield will be very very sodden if not waterlogged. This will put their drainage system to the test.

This match is in Cardiff not London. In this case surprisingly that's good news despite Cardiff typically being one of the dampest grounds England play at.

What a surprise. Your country's weather really is amazing.

Asking for trouble scheduling a tournament in early June.

In England, summer peaks between late June and August. That's the time to be hosting such events.

Made Kane the captain of my fantasy team so hope he fires along with Root, Milne, Southee and Ali!

How do people in Wales support the England Cricket team? Should be having their own Cricket team.

How do people in Wales support the England Cricket team? Should be having their own Cricket team.

Technically it's the England and Wales cricket board therefore the England and Wales cricket team.

The problem is that rugby is the main Welsh sport, with football coming second.

Glamorgan is the county that represents Wales in the County Championship - but other than Simon Jones they haven't produced any talent for the England national team.

The ground itself in Cardiff is nothing special, the pitch just generic slow, low rubbish and zero atmosphere. Baffling why they've even got hosting rights for the CT.

Rain forecast from 12pm onwards and not relenting for the rest of the day.

Hope Jason Roy fires today, great to watch when on song.

NZ looked really good against Australia. Bowling first they could limit England to a fairly comfortable chase on a small ground .

This should be a good game .

Trent is not the same bowler he used to be 2-3 years ago.Still good though

Asking for trouble scheduling a tournament in early June.

In England, summer peaks between late June and August. That's the time to be hosting such events.

My bad I thought the game was at the Oval lol.

Yes, you make a very valid point. The England cricket board have always scheduled global tournaments for May and June. This was the case for the 1999 World Cup and I think we had a pretty lucky time with the feature. The English board obviously want to keep tradition with August test matches.

I would be considering July and August for the 2019 World Cup, and they have a short 3 match test series in May and early June.

But I bet they won't. The refunds will hit them hard in the pocket.

My bad I thought the game was at the Oval lol.

Yes, you make a very valid point. The England cricket board have always scheduled global tournaments for May and June. This was the case for the 1999 World Cup and I think we had a pretty lucky time with the feature. The English board obviously want to keep tradition with August test matches.

I would be considering July and August for the 2019 World Cup, and they have a short 3 match test series in May and early June.

But I bet they won't. The refunds will hit them hard in the pocket.

English board can start the WC in mid-June and end it in mid-July with their two home Test series scheduled on either side in May and late-July and August.

Amazing rotation of strike by England...ones and twos...they make it look simple...

I want to support one team here which will be beneficiary for Bangladesh,can't decide.Any suggestion please?

The Kiwis will win this if they can restrict England to less than 330, the england bowling is probably the worst in the world

Support NZ.

If New Zealand beat England,they will have 3 points.If Bangladesh beat New Zealand Bangladesh will have 3 points.If England beats Australia,England will go through,if washed out then all the 4 teams will have 3 points,very interesting!

Back